Breastfeeding Support Group

stylobb
wow preparing to stop BF liao... me still have 6 more weeks to go before I can stop..

me also dropping hair liao.. so sian... my mum bought special shampoo for me to wash, not sure whether will it helps to lessen the hair loss.

mini
Is it painful? Try the warm towel method, then get your bb to suckle...best remedy.
Ok, I think I shall try the evening interval first, things are ok so far, maybe start to skip the 5pm, then pump at 7pm.. now I usually feed bb at around 9pm+...
Yah, in fact was just telling hb that remember that time like 2 weeks into my confinement, I was wailing and about to give up b/feeding cos my baby was feeding so frequently (thinking back, glad I did not give up! BB was just having his plan to double his weight too!) as I was so tired.
You should not give up, don't care what your mum or mil says. Precisely that bm is NOT so easily available that you should continue, unlike formula milk, every bit you give has antibodies which is good.

girl
Clogged duct can be painful. Had it once, I expressed also the bm does not come out. In the end, my bb helped me..hehe...suckled him and it was gone!

girl/quench
I let him suck his thumb...I think it's ok lah. Read in the book that it's ok...

maro
It looks like an infant car seat (for bbs ?) to me... someone gave me this tiny pillow thingy which I am thinking of putting it there to help him support his head. I didn't shave bb's hair at all, yah, the bb hair dropped, actually I think bb looks a bit gly but my hb does not want him to shave and I am also not very particular so we just left it. I think the fact that workings mums still manage to continue expressing is something wonderful already cos I know how stressful it can be at times, gotta find a place, clean the equipment, be disciplined, etc.
maro, desert is not working...yet....so maybe she can tahan waking up several times (heheee...). I also cannot take if I have to wake up few times but thank God, my bb usually sleeps thru...sometimes I peep when he makes noise, if his eyes are close, I just shove the dummy inside his mouth...haha.. anyway must say my boy is quite good when it comes to bedtime, cos after we put him down, he will fall asleep by himself.

desert
Btw I should be on leave 14-18 Jun after my mega meeting, we can meet up one afternoon in TPY... hb/I will be looking after my boy cos parents going on holiday. Hb also on leave but he has to go back one afternoon to office for some meeting.

Angeline
You did mention you tried the sleeping latch-on position right? Me also tried it but I don't like it, still prefer the traditional cradle position.

jas
You still busy at work? Never hear from you.
Somehow even tho we complain so tough, I think we might miss it...so jia you.
I am thinking of getting the Pantene shampoo, the new one for hair fall. So scary you know, even my kitchen floor has hair all over.

mini,
my mom and MIL also like not pro bfg, everytime remind me of the low supply and highly recommend to use formula, always quote a lot of example to support their view, think at their time, bfg were not in trend....

mini/girl/quench/stylobb
Me and husb also dont bear to cut her nice hair but always scared by those people we met outside that if dont cut, will fall off and can't grow back. Well, maybe we wait till it drop a bit then only shave. Girl, my gal hair also standing up and a bit curly, so my husb always call her aunt, hehe....

stylobb/jas
is the hair dropping due to stress at work or because of birth? My hair not dropping yet, but got some white hair... so sad....

stylobb,
my parents also going holiday, now busy looking for people to take care of my gal, feel so sorry for her that I cant take leave cause just came back from maternity somemore its my peak period. So nice you and husb can take leave together to have quality time with your boy....my gal also sleep a lot at night, now that she can start sleeping soundly from 6pm, so always cant get to play with her after work...so sad....

desert
you are not working yet? taking unpaid leave or no plan to return to work? You are so great to sacrifice your work for baby, I can never do that in the financial aspect as well as I cant tahan staying at home for long term...think I just not fated to be tai tai...

Miu
It's dangerous not to let ur bb sit in a car seat, though I am guilty of doing tt a few times. Sometimes, bf while hubby is driving to save time. U can get those car seats that will last fr infant to a few yr old.

Stylobb
That's why I say its a bad habit. I hv stopped letting him suck once he's awake in the day some time ago. But at nite, I am too lazy to do that, coz its actually more convenient for me to turn ard and let him suck than, continue to sleep. Like u say, I am not working, so not so tiring. I cannot meet u during wkdays, coz I bring him to my P's shop during wkday. If not, I cannot tahan carrying him alone for so long. I look after him during wkdays, run errands for my P and help with the shop. Hv been bringing him round tt area in sarong sling.
happy.gif

M_maro
Yup, me on no pay leave until end of the yr. As long as he dun wake up too often, I can still sleep lor, coz I always wake up semi-consious to feed him, then doze off. Yup, got to ctl spending.

Angeline
Yup, I turn ard and then locate his mouth lor, he will also turn his head ard. He sleeps in the middle, so I normally change and sleep on the other side if I dun fall asleep after nursing. Sometimes, dun remember, will feed 2 times on 1 side, then the other side will be hard. Actually I am not doing it the rt way, suppose to give him full feed when he wakes up.

stylobb
I am also thinking to get the pantene hair fall control shampoo but maybe after I have finished using the medicated shampoo my mum bought.

Yeap, very busy at work. Can only pop in once a while for a breather.

quench
I think mine started dropping when my boy is about 4mths old. Not sure when will it stop...
My hair will drop a few here and there without combing or messing with it...

m_macro
the dropping of hair seems like it's normal after delivery and not due to stress. Ask around and quite a lot of people experience such.

hi mummies,

I oso have drop alot of hair lately esp after washing, I comb my hair. Wow...alot jus came off with the comb. See aredi, very scary.

my bb sleeping timing recently goes haywire, she sleeps at 2-3am. Wow...damn shag!

desert,
the carseat I bought is suitable from 0mths to4 yrs old. She has been taking car rides every day!!! I jus carry her in my arms, sometimes I dun even buckle my carbelt. Mayb I tok to my hubby tonite again.

quench,

I've tried many times leh, but she'll always give me a face when she doesn't want the pacifier....
So in the end, still let her suck her hand

stylobb,

So baby is the best pump
happy.gif
Did you read about the hubby who help his wife by sucking out the milk?

m_maro,

i was v stressed initially b4 the milk came in cos parents kept suggesting that I supplement...
In their time, formula v popular....

your hubby so cute! why call your girl aunt?
she sounds like my girl, lots of hair too....

Miu
So poor thing..you mean before 2am she is not sleepy??

quench/mini/maro/miu
The dropping of hair starts at around 4months..

maro
Yah, parents asked me first before they book holiday, I told them please go ahead and take a break, I'm already so grateful to them for looking after him.

Desert
So weekdays cannot ah. ... the shop is in TPY?? Can I pop by if it's in TPY? Can send me email if it's ok with you.
Ivan looks like you, then must see!!

Jas
Joel still fussing? Seems Jesse has stopped...yippee! as in not so frequent now. He is more aware of his surroundings and people now.
Me have a busy week till next Wed... then I will be on a week's leave. Have a mega conference next week..

Who is the one supposed to go Tokyo? Mini, is that you? or maro?

Girl
My friend told me if really massaged by yourself, it's very painful..that time she told me to be prepared but thank God, no need, my bb very good, did his usual suckling and it was gone but guess my condition not so serious. Hah? the husband did it? This is new!

maro/girl
If I am not mistaken, too much fm may make the bb obese.. same lah, that time, whenever bb cries, they will suggest feed formula, I said NO! glad that I hung on and did not give in. But now I split between fm and bm cos I haven't been eating well and not sure if my bm is good enuf in that sense.

Hi m_maro,

I was very sad during 1st mth cos supply low. Had to listen to comments about bb not getting enough. But then, baby starting blooming and gained 2kg in that month.....so was a bit ya ya about it.

In fact, my supply only came during the last 2 weeks of maternity leave. And I am not eating special foods then, just whatever's on the table.

Not sure which stage you are in, dun worry too much - as long as bb doing well, it's ok.

hi,

i've tried the pantene shampoo when it was first launched. not bad and the conditioner makes the hair very soft.

hmm....any of u staying in the west?

hai...i think im the terrible one..from the very beginning half fm and half bm already...

any march mummies?

girl
my husb call her aunt because the hair so much and messy make her look like those aunt wake up in the morning with roller. Is it real that husb can help to suck out milk? actually when my gal was not sucking well initially, we thought can get our niece who was still being nursed to help suckle to stimulate, but so funny, she look at my face and realise its not her mummy, she was so angry and pushed me away, haha.....

stylobb
I think mini is going to Tokyo, I will be going Germany end of July.
I cant oppose to give fm since my gal didnt want to suckle and so obvious that the bm was not enough for her, just regret that should have pump more often that time.

StyloBB,
baby is always the best pump. managed to clear my block ducts in the middle of last night after feeding baby twice. when feed him before went bed he still din manage to clear the ducts. think he quite sleepy n suction not strong enough. the blocked ducts was so painful when i went to sleep. so glad no more pain now.

i am the one going to japan. not tokyo but chiba. will go there from 13-19june. dun think have time to go tokyo this time round unless i extend 1 more day there. but better dun extend since wanna see baby fast. like tat can only shop at chiba. have been storing milk for baby. by the time i go, seem like may have enough frozen EBM to last him for a wk. but quite poor thing as my boy wont have fresh milk for a wk
sad.gif
hope supply wont dip after i come back.

quench,
i m a march mummy. my boy born on 12march.

maro,
how long will u stay in Germany? how are u going to handle BM then? for me, think may to either pump n throw or i drink it myself. but quite horrible to drink it myself right? thinking mayb able to salvage the milk for my last day back since can store the milk in cooler bag with extra ice bricks.

QHL
I initially got oversupply, but bb didnt want to suckle, so i got to pump, but didnt do it regularly, so i have experience dramatical drop in supply since 2-3 week. You are so lucky that supply could go up during last 2 weeks of maternity leave. My baby now 2.5 mth already and i have been back to work, so dont think any miracle will happen.....

Quench
My gal born on 17 March.

mini
will be in Germany for a week, dont think can bring any bm back, the journey is just too long, it took more than 15 hours (no direct flight). Probably have to stop before going because have to attend lots of meeting and conference there, somemore together with all male colleagues... think a bit pai seh to excuse myself to do pumping rite?

maro,
yar, troublesome. also have difficulty to pump in the plane too. imagine have to pump a few times for such long flight journey. somemore by then ur gal already 4+mths, not too bad if stop breastfeeding since she has already got 4mths of BM. u can enjoy this business trip better if stop then.

quench,

you staying in west? i'm near clementi....

my girl born same day as mini, 12 march

m_maro,

like aunt's hair with rollers, really sounds cute
happy.gif

any idea how to flatten the hair that's standing up? i've tried combing it down but it always pops up again

stylobb,
she took naps in very now and then. Sometimes, I am amazed how fast she can dozed off, playing one min then dozed off the other min. I am trying to keep her awake but when I am expressing, my hb and FIL (whom look after her) jus let her dozed off. I cant bear to wake her up so let her sleep lor. She sleeps for 30mins.

My mum said she sleeps at 3am on last Sat!! Imagine she sleeps so late, poor mummy got to wake up at 6am to pump milk so it is like a few hrs sleep for me only. Very shag!

hi all,

my gal is born on 27th march.

hi girl,
im at jurong west.

hi QHL,
how did u increase ur supply?

mini,
have not thought about pumping on the plane, you just remind me, haha, how to do it on the plane? I always see a long q waiting outside restroom, think they will probbaly call ambulance if i occupy the room for half an hour....

girl,
I also wonder how to flatten the standing hair, very tempted to apply gel on her hair.... my gal hate people touching her hair, she normally scream to protest! I wanted to put hairband for her thought that it may cover the standing hair, have been looking around, but just couldnt find. Anyway, I think when the hair grow longer, it will just flatten by itself. I am very curious how your girl look like, can see her photo?

Miu,
your gal sleep so late? she must be sleeping very well in the afternoon!?

hi all
i was on medicine for nearly a month due to blood infection. so had since stop breastfeeding. the medicine had dried up my breast milk as well. anyone knows whether can i still stimulate the breast to get breast milk for my baby? he is only coming to 3 months old. i tried to express out, but the milk is so transparent.. which i think is the fore milk. not much of hind milk...
my breast will not get engorged for more than 4 days. plse help

maro,

dunno why the sudden change in her sleeping pattern. She used to sleep ard 10-11pm. I told her bbsitter not to let her sleep so much in the afternoon. However after seeing how fast she can jus dozed off, I cant really blame the bbsitter for letting her sleep oso. Jus tonite, I held a rattle and kept rattling ard her ears and yet she still can dozed off and sleep. Amazing!

hi joanne lim,
you may want to look at the other thread "increase breast milk" somebody mentioned its possible to restart supply after weaning for months.

miu,
I guess bb sleeping pattern do change once in a while, my gal also used to sleep around 10-11pm, but since last week, she has been sleeping at 6-7pm, reason being she is too active in the afternoon, the most only take half an hour nap...

Stylobb
No, the shop is in aljunied area. If its in TP, definitely will be able to meet up with u.
I am so unlucky, I think got blocked duct, started yesterday, but this time no matter how I massage still not much comes out. This time the blocked area also seems larger and more serious. I tried to let my boy sucks, but he is not too willing to do it, coz not much milk comes out. In the end, my breast got engorged. I tried cabbage to relieve the pain, but my problem still unsolved. So unlucky today is public holiday, no lc to help me. I think hv to go and see lc tomorrow.
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif

Miu
Actually it is not safe to carry them, shd put them in car seat. In case of car accident "touch wd", we are actually endangering their lives. In addition, I think TP also req them to be in car seats.

maro,
while in flight think can only express milk in the toilet. i am using ameda pump n can pump milk in 10-15min. hope that wont b too long. will have to try pumping during the not so active part of flight where most passengers will rest. hope the flight i am taking will not b too crowded. luckily the flight journey is 7hrs n just need to pump once.

hi all,

i was so so tired after returning to work and looking after baby for two days that i didn't have the energy to express. 2 days liao. no engorgement too. supply went down. very very sad. anyone have any suggestion to increase bm?

stylobb
Joel didn't fuss when I brought him back home on tuesday. so happy... but need to monitor further and see how's next week when we brought him back on Friday.

After i stop BF in about 1 mth time, will be going for a holiday with hubby. Need a break..

quench
the way to increase BM is to pump more frequently. I know it's tiring have to cope with work and looking after bb and pump. I am in the similar situation but is better than your case as my mum is helping me to looking after my boy weekday night as well.

Dear Mummies,
I am thinking of going to KL for 2 days. I have a reservation. I am wondering what to do with my milk. I do not intend to pump and throw. I want to keep it till I return to Singapore then to freeze it. Is there anyone here who can advise me on what is appropriate? Thanks.

maro,
mine is totally opposite. She always dozed off after her feed during the day while at nite, she is very alert, keep want to play. Haiz....

desert,
oh dear! I hope you are feeling better.
Hubby said if kena stop by TP, jus tell them bb fusses and refused to sit on carseat. However this only work if the carseat is install on the car.

quench,
It's like dat one. Me oso feel the strain after returning to work. Dun pressurize yourself too much, jus give watever you have okie. Take care of yourself, a healthy mummy = healthy bb. FYI, whenever I feel tired, I drink chicken essence.

Dun keep thinking of increasing your ss, take care of your body 1st. Im sure your ss will come back when you are in a better state.

Helen,
I thot it is not gd to freeze the bm after keeping them in the fridge for sometime?

Helen,
read that if want to freeze milk better do so within 24hrs after the milk has been pumped. u can still store n freeze the milk pumped on 2nd day.

quench,

think its okie to take 1-2cups of coffee a day n then give the EBM to bb. anyway u dun take coffee everyday right? here is some info extracted from babycenter website:

"One or two cups of coffee a day won't harm your baby, but try to avoid caffeine or at least reduce your intake while you're breastfeeding. Try drinking decaffeinated coffee and tea and avoid colas and other carbonated drinks that have added caffeine."

m_maro,

I'm also tempted to apply something to make the hair flatten, but don't think I can find anything suitable... Also worried that she touches it then puts her hand in her mouth after that...

Will attach photo...
105717.jpg

Quench,

I also miss my kopi too.... Haven't had any since I found out I was preggie..

Can't wait to be able to indulge again once I stop BF
happy.gif

Mar_mum,

I went to the motherhood fair yesterday, very very crowded! Subscription to motherhood quite cheap, $88 for 3 years. Also bought quite a no. of NUK pdts, going for 30% off
happy.gif

hi desert miu
I also carry baby in my arm in the car. Last night kana police stop when we go fetch bb from my mum's place. I was sitting in the front and didn't even have my seatbelt on. But the police didn't say anything and let us pass leh.

hi girl
wah, your bb's hair very stylo leh.

miu/mel
That's what my mum says too, as long as got car seat in the car, then it will be ok to carry them in our arms. I am guilty of tt many times, coz sometimes bf while hubby is driving to save time.

Miu/stylobb
Aiyoh, my problem really bad. The problem started on Tuesday, by the time I realised, my breast already quite engorged. I could not express out anything much due to the blockage. Could only use cabbage to relieve the discomfort. Then, wed public holiday, no lc available. On wed nite, we decided to massage and squeeze out the milk. Really painful, but its still block coz the milk accumulates above my aerola, got to squeeze out from them. Finally saw the lc yesterday at 4pm, she removed a dried up milk clot in my nipples. She told me my milk going to dry up, coz I've not been feeding 4 almost 3 days. Told me must get bb to latch on and pump after tt to stimulate milk again. Milk ss shd resume normal in abt 1 wk. Really upset.
sad.gif
I hv to work hard again. On top of all this, my boy still takes very little from the bottle, so he has not been eating well these 3 days.

Girl
Ur gal has so much hair. Unlike my boy, still waiting for his hair to grow.

Hi quench,

green papaya soup (boil with pork/chicken and gor kee [wolfberries]) helped increase supply. I also ate a lot of kuning fish. Green papaya must be the type with white flesh - can get from carre4.

I used to pump, after that then latch my bb on. Not sure if he got much milk from me, but he never cry leh.

According to my warped theory, this should increase the supply cos the body would think that bb needs more milk (and therefore produce more).

I have been drinking kopi also, but I try to drink 3x the amount of plain water after that. This should dilute the caffeine in the kopi. Also, I drink only after I express.

The thing I really miss is laksa.....

tks qhl,

i did try the green papaya soup but with fish bones. hmm...will try the pork/chicken with gor kee. problem is bb refused to latch on leh, dunno why.

cannot eat laksa also? aiyo luckily u mentioned. if not i also dunno.

hi desert,
don't be disheartened. must press on for baby.my supply have not increased for so long and it's so little, but im expressing everyday. something is better than nothing.

Girl,
Your bb so cute and chubby!! Her hair so long already hor, rreally standing up straight! Does she look more like you or hubby? Most of the people said my gal look more like my husb, I am so sad, somemore my husb not good looking...

desert,
hope you are better now... wonder hoe your lc remove the dried up milk clog from your breast? by squeezing it out? must be very painful.

QHL
bf cant take laksa ar? I didnt know leh, still finish the whole bowl of soup leh....

morning mummies...

desert,
Must be very painful..poor desert! Wonder how the blocked duct come abt? I am oso interested to know how your LC remove the blocked duct? How does she know dried milk duct?

Mel,
Aiyo!! so "zhuan" got kena stopped by TP? Why stopped you? Bcos' never belt up or carrying a bb?
Lucky the TP never take any action.

Girl,
I suppose you didtn shave your bb's head on her full mth. Her hair is so thick and many. *Envy*
My bb had her head shaved so her head now is still quite botak. Doesnt look like a girl, everybody says she is a boy. Her new hair oso all stand up one. So funny.

miu,
where you bring your gal to shave? did you apply brandy on her head after shave? how often should it be applied? I also thinking of shaving my gal, she look so hot with the thick hair (though not so thick as girl's bb)....

miu,
where you bring your baby to shave? To you apply brandy on her head after shaving? how often? I also thinking to shave my gal, she perspire a lot until the hair smelly....

maro,

Brought her to a hair saloon at Hougang, the lady who shaved her head has experience shaving bb's head. I didnt apply anything to her shaven head except olive oil once. MIL commented her hair like quite coarse and is still botak at the back so she bought a bottle of olive oil. She said apply alittle all over her head abt 30 mins before bathing her. So far, I only did once (keep forgetting to do this step 1st before bathing. haha).

actually I not sure if can/not take laksa...but was thinking if I take spicy food, my milk might become spicy?

Only thing I know should minimise is cooling stuff like coconut. Apparently if take too cooling stuff, baby might suffer in future (asthma??)

Actually I quite noti alr, everything and anything I eat....didn really 'close my mouth'. Even Cola also I drank. But then anything in moderation should be ok.

Back