BEDOK mommies club

Shirley,
I used to retail children products and projects. But stop since pregnancy... stocks all at home. Need to work on it soon... am helping do hubby office admin work too.

Hippo,
No wrapping paper but got plenty of stickers. I bought canvas clothe pencil case is $1, Ben 10/Princess pencil set w easer $1. Blk 35 Chai Chee ..

Sng's Mum
Ya... abit short but I still go yesterday. haa haa. Treat it as exercise loh. Walk to get rid of fats. Imaging the shouting I need to do fm my house to pasar malam. Sure can lose abit hor.

mummies in bedok:

can anyone advise which infant care is good and affordable for a 18mth baby? i stay near bedok reservior rd...

Cloudme, 18mths no need infant care liao.. childcare will do. I think there are quite a couple of big names childcare centers in Bedok Reservoir.

Hippo, decided not to let him skip P3 cos it's the intro year for science also... Hammy is right... there are some sticker stores there.. sorry i miss looking at those the other day
sad.gif
Pasar malam is until this coming sunday.

Hamm, shouting? lol....

Try Sunflower childcare at CC in Bedok. Must queue up for a vacancy. My friend's twins girls used to be there and she said it's good.

cloudme
Bedok Reservoir Road, near Sheng Siong/NTUC has MMI, Cherie, Cambridge Childcare... they are all hidden at the back near the reservoir. I probably will hop by soon to check out the child care and registration like... me a bit kiasu cos this year bb BLOOM! My friend baby care fully booked till next yr! Cannot even take my baby. But, I prefer to take care of my bb : )

shirley,
i stop my retail store few years back liao, rental too high. dont know if its ok to talk abt job here. i am new to forum afterall... you can pm me if wanna to share experience. i am fine de.

hello
welcome all new bedok mummies

winnie,
how is yur hse reno gettign one?
ya ard tat area really ltd, my pil stay at blk 28. i nearly pay for deposit in YWCA the other time but hold back. The teacher are all not friendly at all. Worst they only handle kids in their own class the rest they dun care. My mil pass by often and saw kids crying but no one attended.
I cant find any nearby one at all end up my girls is now in Chai Chee area cc. My younger girl will join her next year.

mommies

I'm here to vent again! I feel that nothing moves without my constant nagging.

My dd1 cannot function unless I sit right next to her to do homework. My dd2 will idle her time away until I wake up to ask her to do homework. If I leave the house for a couple of hours to run errands while my mom babysits them, they will idle their time away without fail, even though I gave precise instructions on what needs to be done

Hubby also the same. Last night, I washed a bowl of grapes & left it to soak for a while. Slipped my mind to pour away the water & I went to bed. Hubby was the last person to switch off the kitchen light & he didn't touch that bowl of grapes. This morning he is the first to wake up, make milk for kids, with that big bowl at the basin, still choose to leave those grapes soaking! I really fumed this morning. Cannot pour away the water meh??!! must wait for me to handle this too?

even though it's only an insignificant incident, but the point is why everyone must wait for ME? cannot be automatic? very frustrated!!

do you experienced this too? everyone stops functioning at home unless you are around?

wendypooh, chai chee got somemore CC? My child is now schooling at Toa payoh leh! faintz..

hippo, sounds like the same problem i have at home. I give son homework, it's all undone. and when i sit beside him, i machiam like his dictionary.. Does encouraging / reward system helps? like.. u finish this by 5pm, i bring you to the playground.. it works for my son, but if i don't reward him, work is undone. As for dh.. haha.. reward system also?
biggrin.gif

Can understand, every mum have to vent and get frustrated...

I used to nag at my boy, because he always need me to sit beside him to do homework, but i felt that is wasting my time, so 1 day i scolded him and at the same time encouraged him. After that day, he will do his work alone in the room, and at the same time i can do my landry, or ironing.

Sometimes, just have to show some colours to them, otherwise they thought SAHM is good to bully, and must do all housework.

Now, am working part-time, but the load of housework still done by me... well...

Those mommies have children attending primary, does your child go for tution, private or enrichment school, care to share? Thank you.

sng's mummy,
reward system for dh! Haa Haaa.... can work ma? tonight got soup, tmw don't have. dont think he even bothered! he is always ANYTHING! cos he knows we will get things done. are we being too efficient?

yr child at toa payoh!! long ago i used to stay at bishan, send my ds1 to sengkang n my dd2 to my mum's pl at bedok res. work at alexandra! will NEVER go through that anymore. u try call cherie,mmi and cambrige at bedok reservoir? their centre are NEW so i believed their teaching aids in school are new too...

joy
my ds1 9yrs goes for tuitions, math, sci n eng. he went for abacus and clay class b4 and always hand on clay, dough and lego robotics at home. he going to manga drawing in oct/nov when new class starts.

my dd2 6yrs dont go enrichment or tuition. she too attended clay class. same as the brother la, likes clay, dough, lego and baking with me (haa haa). she going for her drawing class in oct/nov too.

hippo2002 and ahboy_mum mummies

i am in the same boat too!
the whole house load falls on me as well...
very fuming until now i am sick...flu, cough and migraine! still have to get up and cook for my boy..otherwise he will end up drinking milk only... sigh!!!
my ah lao still no response...
angry.gif

i second your statement: "everyone stops functioning at home unless you are around?"

sorry to let out steam here.

hammy

is there MMI in Bedok Reservior? childcare?
my dd1 used to attend MMI childcare in Woodlands many years ago. Good leh

Where do you kids go for clay class? manga drawing class?

Joy

haha! agreed must show colour. I blew my top yesterday & she did homework alone for once. Even changed her own bedsheets and folded her clothes to keep in wardrobe

mine P1 next year. No change in arrangement. She will continue with her existing enrichments.

spagoh

hug hug. we are in the same SAHM (slave and house maid) club

check this out!
http://sg.news.yahoo.com/cna/20080919/tap-130-expert-says-singapore-completely-231650b.html

Expert says Singapore not completely immune from tsunamis

Channel NewsAsia - Sunday, September 21SINGAPORE — Singapore is not completely immune from a tsunami and should prepare for the possibility, an expert on coastal areas warned Friday.

The island—state can be hit by a tsunami generated from three locations and the waves could damage key coastal infrastructure without being too high, said Professor Wong Poh Poh of the National University of Singapore geography department.

"It’s not that we are totally immune. No, we are not immune," Wong said.

He was speaking at a news conference to launch a report, by the aid and development organisation World Vision, on the impact of climate change on poor people.

To cause damage, waves hitting Singapore need not be as huge as the ones that devastated Indonesia’s Aceh in December 2004, killing 168,000 people, Wong said.

Aceh was struck by a wave about 10 metres (33 feet) high.

"We don’t need 10 metres. The problem with Singapore is... we have a lot of infrastructure on the coast. All you need is a very low wave to just come in and hit certain areas," he said.

"Changi Airport will be very vulnerable," he said, adding the man—made island of Jurong which houses a sprawling petrochemical complex is also at risk, and urged the government to commission a study on tsunamis. — AFP/vm

hippo,
i totally agreed yur comment. the hse really seem stop function if we step out.
at least yur hubby will make milk for kids mine no action. if i make some comment he blow his cool say nag nag how he know must do if i dun open my mouth. actually i hate to open my mouth dunno why man cant be auto. every weekend sure have arguement over kids.
can u imagine i leave the kids wif him i run to market buy fish, guess wat i see when i back??? the kids making a mess at the play corner, he had a stupid laptop on his lap playing his games.
I REALLY HATE THOSE PPL WHO INVENT GAMES!!!!

sorry to vent my anger here, alway full of anger on a monday

sng mummy
wow TPY sch so far leh by sch bus?
no, girl cc is not in chai chee but near chai chee sec sch who located at Senatt Lane along upper east coast road

wendy, mine every day nag at me cos i 3am refuse to wake up make milk for my baby girl... i can sleep thru all her mama, papa, daddy calls! haha.. BTW, no take school bus.. after that fall from the school bus 1 year ago, now we drop and fetch him daily.. The stupid thing is the car park grace period is 10mins which we always take longer than that 10mins to drop him in school. so pay gantry, pay car park... that's y my dh isn't too happy bout it..
sad.gif

Hammy, dh don't like bedok reservoir as a whole... he kissed someone's butt sometime back and that fellow quietly claimed over 2k from his insurance. so going to bedok reservoir is not an option.. my reward's not talking bout soup, but it also starts with S...
biggrin.gif

sng mummy,
if u dun make , will yur hubby make? i dun risk letting my girl go hunger maybe tat why he act blur.
wow every day sent and pick quite taxing on petrol and carpark leh, last time we stay punggol alry feel te pain.
ya my dad had tis problem b4 too kanna claim by ppl also dunno. can tis be done? i tot we must authorise one? how cna they just claim wifout our knowledge.

so did u still see dr tay nowday? i had total give up hope on them. he call me up after i post tat incident, can tell he is not happy over it but trying to pacify me to stop posting. i stop gog there.

wendy, ya... dh will wake up cos girlgirl will daddy daddy daddy until he buay tahan.. according to dh, after the claim and damage done liao then he got a letter from the insurance company. CC.. taxing, especially we need to leave on the dot.. jam also we stress cos cc close at 7pm and i knock off at 6pm.

i no longer see dr tay leh..these days i usually self medicate them if it's the usual cough and cold or fever.. more serious, i bring to KKH cos my kids got history of asthma, so i usually get chop chop service..

Hi wendy

ya renovation had started last week. We engage a contractor instead of ID. So basically we just tell the contractor what to do, design, etc. I am still busily flipping decor magazines to decide on the design for my bedroom and kids bedroom.

As I am putting my girl and boy in the same bedroom, I don't know what should be the colour theme. Are there any in between colours? Hubby said pink is out.

Hopefully the reno will be completed by 24Oct so that we can shift during the long weekend.

Just in case anyone has missed out, Deepavali has been confirmed on 27Oct instead of 28Oct. Thus we will have a long weekend
happy.gif

I am thinking of sending my girl to singing classes. Any recommendation?

Is Yamaha only for music classes? Is there any Yamaha in Bedok besides the one at Tampines Central?

Hi Joy,

My ds1, P3, does not have tuition. He managed his English, Math, Science on his own. He is lazy, hardly like to do assesment, have to push. I do coach a little for his Chinese especially on Compo and Compre. He like to practice the computer worksheet at www.lead.com.sg He has enrichment class on piano and swimming. He is learning guzheng as CCA twice a week in school.

My ds ,P1, also does not tuition. Only give him assement book to do and marked by me. Also learn piano and swimming as enrichment. Enjoy learning his subject via computer at lead.com.sg

Hi sleep resolutions,

My ds1 learn at Emmanuel Music School at Bedok Central (pizza hut/shop & save building)since 2005. My ds2 learn from the teachers' house at blk 120 at bedok north(just change teacher this year)

Hi Shirley,

www.lead.com.sg is has english/ math /chinese practise and learning. It is given by the school think the school paid for it.

cdajun

any particular teacher you would recommend at Emmanuel? Your boy started with group lesson?

Trying to enrol my 4 yo for Seimpi but their timing not very ideal

Hi

I am looking for gymnastics training schools for my kids. Any recommendations or feedback on the training schools?

1. Bazgym
2. Prime
3. Any idea whether there are gym schools in the East? or at least nearer to Eastern part of Singapore?

a number of gym in Bukit Timah but too far for me

Looking for more competitive kind of gym trainings. Not 'tumble tots' or 'my gym' kind of exercises

Thanks for sharing
happy.gif

hi mummies,
can i join this thread.

im a east mummy, but not at bedok. im at marine parade. left my job this year to become SHM to an almost 3YO girl.

Hi sleepy reslutions,

I do not know any other teacher other than the one school assign to us. So far ds1 is Ok with her. My ds1 started with group lesson from 4 year old to 6 yrs old in Yamaha JMC.

Hi Sleepy,

You may want calling the sport council at Bishan. They do the "proper" type of gym training... At Bishan S C, they have the proper equipments etc that kids train to swing like tazan and JUMP across the "horse bar"!

Hi first_mum,
Welcome. You first_time mummy to 1 D girl then I must be old_time mummy of 3 kids. Haa Haa... me also SAHM : (

O..
Cant remember who ask me abt MMI at Bedok Reservoir... Yes MMI is there. Right at the same block with Cherie and Cambridge. blk 742 or 744 can't remember the block.

Then...
Ai yo.. music har. A subject that I can't "swim".

Have a GREAT weekend.

Hammy,

Where did your ds1 go for tuition, or u engage private tutor?

Hi first_mum,

I love to go parkway... Is your girl attending playgroup?

Didn't know there is a music school at Bedok Central, cdajun you are very resourceful, are you staying at bedok since childhood time?

cdajun, share how you cope with 3kids and housework, do you cook? For myself, my head is so big handling with 1kid, housework and cooking.

Wendypooh mentioned earlier that "I REALLY HATE THOSE PPL WHO INVENT GAMES!!!!". mummies here, i would like to heard your views and comments on the advantages and disadvantages of playing games. My husband also love to play games with my son, sometimes i am quite mad too.

I stay in Chai Chee before married. After married, I stay in Bedok North.

I am a SAHM.

I just sweep the floor with those magic mop, do laundry ( i use washing machine all the time only hand wash curtains once a mth) and cooking on weekdays. Everyday i do a bit of housework here and there, if not free then some of the things would skip till next week, my house is not really very clean, have to keep one eye close, one eye open. On Friday, when my ds1 has CCA till 4:30pm, I would clean my house. If he is at home, then i would do on Sun afternoon, I would get my kids to help with wash toilet and mop the floor.

I cook simple meals for lunch like marconi soup, fried rice or 1 meat/fish with rice. I would cook 1 meat/fish and vegetable or 1 pot dish for dinner. If i have time, i cook soup on that day.
At night and weekends, my dh would be the once to wash the dishes after meals. On weekend, we eat out for lunch and sometimes dinner.

My dd attend 2 hour playgroup in the morning and nap for two hours in the afternoon, I have 1 ds in the morning session and 1 ds in the afternoon session. More fetching but the house would not be so noisy at one time.

My dh would do the kid's school shoe washing and ironing on weekends.

My dh and ds loves to play games, I only allow them to play during school holidays as one game take a long time to play. I let my ds play educational games on computer (for half an hour) if he finish his homework as a motivation.

Does anyone know where to get instant food (like nestle instant porridge) for toddlers? I want some variety for my 1 yr old son.

I will be bringing children to hong kong in nov. Guess my 4 yr dd will not have problem with the food but more concern for my son.

hi sleepy

i usually go NTUC dentist for checkup. won't recommend the one at bedok central cos my sis don't like her service.

she had a bad experience there

Hi Joy,

My son is at Mavis Tuition. At Bedok Reservoir ... so far ok, he enjoys the class there. Eng, Math and sci... Yr 2009 is already out!

Cdajun
Housework... never ending de leh.....

hi there mummies!!
i think i am a bit off to the forum here since the topic are for toddler's schooling..
i am a filipina, an ex-flight stewardess of an international airline..i quit my job because my husband wanted us (me and 1yo baby boy) to come here in SG with him.
i am staying in CHAI CHEE DRIVE @ BEDOK..
back in the Philippines..we have monthly check-ups and vaccines for my son..
i wanted to check out a good pediatrician in the area and have a follow up check up for my baby..
any info on this thing?
thanks so much!

also i wanted to ask u guys on where can i get a baby cabinets or drawers that's not expensive..thanks !

hi bedok mummies,
jus wandering any mummies here sending their kids to bedok lutheran church / smartz playhouse for their preschool...? got any comments?

joy,
haha i still stand high on tat comment. my hubby can get real addict on it and i not gog to let my gal play. my hubby cna forgo sleep just for those stupid game.

carrie
my girl is in one of the cc near smartz playouse. i peronally dun like smartz playhse cos the sch have a few storey and many step my girl very active i afraid poss a dangerous.
my nephew is smartz schhse compound below but previously was call another name.

winnie,
guess cereal is the best way, or heniz bottle food. brign along those bb snack.

N2 and K1
any mummies heard of retainign kids in N2? my girls is a dec kids and she had difficulty in catching up wif her peer, the cc teacher suggest of retain N2.
some ppl told me dun retain cos N2 is not learnign much yet retain will deprvied her learning more. hope can hear yur view?
i needthe expet mummies wif older kids to help advise me.
gin, hippo, nicky mummiess and all other mummies pls help me

leetai,
u can buy pigeon instant food. they sell in isetan and taka.

wendypooh,
my girl is a dec kid too. so im curious abt what ur girl's teacher had suggested.

if she were to be kept at n2, wldnt she be 1 yr behind same-year kids? its quite funny she shd suggest that. did she mean to repeat n2, then go on to k1 when ur girl eventually catches up next yr?

i got 2 girl both dec kids. both learning ability veyr different.
the teacher is concern that if she move to k1 she might not be able to follow, but to us n2 more for fun not much teaching if were to detain her isint it make it worst?
have not have serious talk wif them yet will have to wait till next meet the paretn session

wendy, i don;t think should retain in N2.. what makes the teacher determine that she's slower than her peers?

i thought my #2 is slow too when he was with the CC in chai chee, so much so that i suspected he has learning disabilities. after going to the doc and now he's with another cc, i am feeling that that school in CC isn't doing a good job with him loh. Some kids learn better in a group. Some kids need 1 on 1 attention. Some learn thru listening once or twice what the teacher say, others need teachers to repeat more often.

Suggest maybe speak to her teacher and see y she say is has difficulties catching up with her peers and maybe work out a solution like giving her more attention in K1 class rather than retain her. It's not very healthy for her to see her whole class being promoted which she is left behind. Also, if she is being "retain" now, meaning to say she will go from N2 to K1 after that, or N2 to K2 (while she will have more problems catching up) or N2 to K1 and then P1 (skipping K2)... err.. either way, i see there will be more problems in catching up in the later stage...

wendypooh
thanks for your reply
i went touring ard smartz tat day... quite nice environment i find..but as u mentioned, realli many stairs n steps.. thn my gal quite blur blur... realli quite hazard hor.. ur nephew is in ther? do u noe hws his progress?

anyone has kids in bedok lutheran chruch ? any comments?

wendypooh
thanks for your reply
i went touring ard smartz tat day... quite nice environment i find..but as u mentioned, realli many stairs n steps.. thn my gal quite blur blur... realli quite hazard hor.. ur nephew is in ther? do u noe hws his progress?

anyone has kids in bedok lutheran chruch ? any comments?

Back