ANYONE SALVAGED A MARRIAGE AFTER HUSBAND COMMITS ADULTERY

dyingheart
yap, no way to control and I get VERY paranoid, when he is in town, he actually quite nice to me. He will show affection, pecks b4 sleeping, caress me abit when on one is ard and i see that as love and affection from him lor. He kept saying that woman has a rich bf, won;t be with him and we hv spent so many years to come to what we hv, 2 precious children (I did IVF to conceive because of his problem) plus everything, so he will not give up. But i think on other hand, man is still man, still like their ego being stroke so when woman automatically come, they dun reject lor.

I tell myself to focus on what he says abt he loving me etc etc. Actually from almost a sexless marriage, we hv improve by leaps and bounds.

Feel free to drop me a pm.

Hi Lin Lin,

Sometimes, i can't stand the way he behave...very fickle minded...he himself should know what he want...when i ask him whether is he very in love with the OW...he ask me back the question...what if yes & what if no...my answer to him is clear...if yes, you go to her & we go our separate way...if no, you give her up & we hv to work on our marriage...but there r no answer from him & it making me very very tire & frustrated...there are times i really feel like giving him up & go ahead to D him...but i m worry tat i will make regret it...thus, until today...i m still hanging there...

Maybe i think too much for him...worry that my FIL will be very angry & affect his health...my parents is very angry & feel tat it's not fair for me to wait for him...wat if he dun turn back & i m wasting my times?..

Micky,

I agree...man will never reject free sex & woman throwing at them...they want all the attention...u must trust his words loh since he can say that he love you...my hb can't even tell me whether he still love me or not ? maybe, when i die or no longer living in his world...then he will realise that...

hi dying heart,
hmm..i oso like u..i think alot..cos my mil dotes and take gd care of my 2 kiddos.n if i will to d,she will not be able to see them daily..
BUT..at times,in life,we do not hve a choice..we cant be pleasing anyone..at times we hve to be a bit selfish n think for ourselves.

i feel that u are very fortunate to have the support of ur parents.which is very very impt if u will to d..

for my case..everyone wans mi to give him time..but they are not the ones staying with him..they do not know how tough it is..n at times,things are easy said than done..
my mum wans mi to think of the children n give him a few yrs time to see if he change or not..if he doesn't then i can d..

BUT..from now to a few yrs time,is very far and very long..how to survive thru tt..
the oni thing i noe..if i realli wan to live this..hve to really ignore..which is tough lah..

yes.it is hard to live like this..n all of us hope to get out of this soon..
but i realised tt..at times,we really cant rush things lor..
n the decision tt we made shd not be based on wat he decides..like we will wait n work on the marriage if he decides to come back..
unfortunately things dun work this way..

micky,
i think u shd give ur hb a chance..cos seems like he is repenting..

dying heart,
my hb made a decision..he wans the family and he is staying for the family.
But he is not working on our marriage.cos he feels tt our marriage cant be save and we cant be a couple again.n of cos he has no more feelings for mi

frankly..so wat if he decides to stay and leave the OW but he is not making effort to save the marriage?

so wat i'm trying to say is tt..maybe for now,there is abit of change but maybe short term..he himself must come to the realization..then the change will be permanent.
which no one can do it n decide for him..

forgetmenot
your hubby is staying for the family and kids? The fundamental thing about the family is your relationship btw your hubby and you, and if this is not going well, it hurt the kids. Only u two can give the kids a complete family, he needs to understand this. Sorry, but what's the point if he cannot love you and yet want to keep this family? Selfish man...

dyingheart
he cannot make up his mind now, dun force him. it will only push him into a corner and may just make the wrong decision.

I really hope that he is repenting, but something inside me just tell me that they may still be in contact. Maybe I'm paranoid, maybe I'm just too hurt (can you imagine your hubby telling another woman - "very sad, physically with her, but heart somewhere else" The minute i think of this, my heart just went cold!

Hope he really wake up liao. I know he wants this family, and hopefully me as well, he love the 2 kids alot and fundamentally i dun see a problem between us except that he travels VERY often for work and that keeps him away and of coz, communication will not be that often. But when he is in town, everything is normal.

micky,
hmm...dunno..his family oso got include mi..but i'm just a family..not a wife..
well..unfortunately....he thinks this way lor..cos he grew up in such an environment where his parents oso like tt..sleep separately..dun really talk..
n he feels tt he n his siblings oso grew up well..n their relationship oso quite close..so he dun see nothing wrong with such arrangement.

but if d..he feels tt the damage done will be very detrimental to the kids as compared to stay like this.

hmm..did u talk to ur hb y he say tt? his heart not with u anymore?but i still think u shd be able to save ur marriage..dun give up,okie?at least ur situation not so bleak as mine

forgetmenot
he said he fooling around only. I think all man are like that, try to paint sad picture at home and see the other woman reaction.
My ex-bf also told me that he and his wife bad terms etc etc la, but in the end within 2 mths, the wife pregnant.

In my heart, I know he loves me, just got carried away and I'm desperate to stop this 'getting carried away' thing.

So u going to stay on like this with ur hubby? Anyway to win him back? If u are ok with this, then ultimately its ur choice. If u want more, WIN HIM back. Find back the love and memories.

Hi forgetmenot,

Yes, i got support from my parents but can also be quite stressful cos they keep wanting me to D him...i hv alot to think of...wat going to become of me in future? can i manage to bring up my girl alone ? will i b all alone when i m old ?...sigh...but staying on in this unhappy marriage also get me nowhere...basically, it's the fear of uncertainty...

i agree...no one can understd wat we go thru esp we are the one facing each other (living with someone who is suppose to be your life time partner but no feeling for you, very sad)...i m always at hm alone with my girl...he is not ard...the family is not complete at all...sigh...

it's true...if D, it will cause damage to the kids....but u hv a life yourself...like wat micky say...a complete family consist of happy couple + kid...whenever, i see my bro, his wife & my niece...i really envy them & hope that i also can be like them one day..

Hi micky,

i know him too well...if i dun rush him...he will 4ever let things remain at it is...he never spare a thots abt my situation...if i m the one having the affair...can he be so patience to wait for me for an answer?...

U really hv to stop thinking abt the cyber fling...it's not healthy for your marriage...move on...

micky,

sad to say...the reality of man...9 out of 10 can't resist temptation...

lately, i start to think abt my future "man"...wat kind of man i want ?...haha...becos i simply hv no confidence that things will work out for my marriage...a matter of times i will lost him...

dying heart
yap, a happy family consists of a a COUPLE plus children. And me and my husband realised that we neglect each other, thinking been there physically mean everything is ok, but in fact it is not. so we hv agreed that we must make effort to keep the marriage alive then we can give the kids a happy home.

Yes i wan to move on but it takes time la..

Micky,

Yes, to work out the marriage...both nd to make the effort...

me & my hb...we still care & concern for each other...will ask each other whereabout, taken dinner, etc...but the barrier btw us is that he is still keeping in touch with the OW...i duno how to proceed with D if there r still love & feeling for him...but i cannot std sharing him with the OW...sigh...

Which woman in her right mind is willing to share her husband?! It's not a matter so much of ownership... but it's just not morally right for a man to have two women (or vice versa!)...

Also remember that as times change, a family is no longer restricted to being a man and a woman + kids. It can also be a parent (whether widowed or divorced or by choice) + kids!

dyingheart
I think ur hubby is just lost in a moment of folly. If he is still concern abt you, there must still be some love(hopefully).

U know the type of feelings when one falls in love? The feeling initially is very strong and the person is totally sucked into the relationship, once the novelty wears off, the basics of life comes into play. And he may just realise that the other woman is nothing but a passerby in his life. And what he really shld focus on is his family and you.

My dad previosuly had a affair also, and my mum was heartbroken, me too. My 100% dad just suddenly turned into another person and i refuse to speak to him. Somehow or rather, the relationship ended in a very short timeframe.

We also need to keep the sparks of the marriage alive, NOT EASY, and it takes lot of effort. Touching, been affectionate, emotional intimacy, sex etc all plays a big role. You hv to realise that your spouse is the one which we vow to cherish and love, in goodness and in bad times.

While the situation is bad at home, I think u shld hang on coz I believe he will turnaround. But give a timeframe.

dying heart, forgetmenot:
try this...
write him a note thanking him for whatever thing he has done for you and your family say in this 2 days, or over the weekend.

be sincere about it.

even if it was just a trip to the NTUC...

he is expecting you to be mean and say nasty things to him still but if you do just that (and yes, you are still angry and all and you feel that you need to get it off your chest) then he would have "won"!
he would go to bed affirming himself "see, she is at it AGAIN." and he will switch off to you even more and in the days that follow, his apathy towards you will be more intense and you, after having told him what you were upset about, feel that he is NOT getting you and this will make you even more angry and disappointed.

and the vicious cycle continues or worse, snowballs.

take a step back and look at the larger picture. what is your goal in the long run? ask yourself, how do you plan to get there?

we all want instantaneous results. but we also must realise that our husbands falling out of love with us did not happen overnight. that is why, at the point of discovery of the affair, yes the shock. then as the days follows, we get more hurt because then we found out just how many months ago this happened...

remember, if we give up on them, then there will really be no reason for our husbands to come back. but if he knows that we still care for them, there is at least that chance.

do not do what he expects you to do.

forget me not and dying heart,

my aunt recently divorced my uncle and is now taking care of 4kids herself. She receives an alimony of 1K per month. She earn about 1K per month. With 2K she takes care of a family of 5. She is just in her mid 30s.
She told me that shes much much happier. My uncle make mistake after mistake. Never repenting. Until the final draw where she wanted a divorce. Thats when he woke up! BUT its too late. No room for reconciliation she says.

It takes a hard heart to come to a decision on moving on. But sometimes such decisions could make your men come to their senses. Not advocating divorce here. But do know when is the time to move on, when is the time to let go. Everyone talk about remaining in a rship for the kid. Who says kids will not find happiness in a single parent family? I found happiness without any parents. think not of how sad/deprived the child will be but rather how to make him an even happier kid. How to give him more than what a pair of parents can give. Yes, this is tough on you. But who ever says parenting is easy? We bring them to this world, we will have to tak full responsibilities of them regardless of our condition in life. I grew up with my grandparents. Parents never stayed tog. Dad seldom home. Never really know whats parental love. But I know I am my grandparent's precious. Never felt deprived or underpriviledged. In fact, I grow up thinking I am the lucky one. Countless love from grandparents and just 1 uncle. Thats enough for me. I thought who could be more lucky than me. Never owned a barbie doll in my life but i know my grandparents give me what they can. Very happy with the paper dolls I was allowed to buy. Never worn branded or trendy dresses as and when as a kid. But I look forward and is assured of 2 new suits of clothings for CNY every yr. My grandparents passed on. They are dearer to me than any other parents in this world. I know they give me more than what any other parents could give to their kids. I lead a very good life now and its all thanks to them.

Have confidence in yourself and know your worth. Remember, its their lost should you 1 day walk out of this rship. Do know that there is always someone out there, who will treasure you for who you are. Do not allow yourself to be battered and shattered by a man who so easily forget those many years of good times spent tog with you. Do not cry too much, too long for someone who so easily forsake you for someone whom they just know. He who chooses the OW over the family must know what are the repercussions of his actions. He will reap what he sow. He who wants the family and the OW must know that he cant get the best of all worlds in the field of rship. They do not know? Highlight to them. They need to know. No decision? Cant make a decision? Let them know, the ball will not always be in their courts. 1 day you might just decide to walk out.

Hopefully wat i say makes some sense. Goodluck!

I am new here but would like to offer my humble opinion.

First of all, let me say, dat I'm a woman and married with two kids.

I know how much it hurts when your significant other is seeing another woman. I've had the privilege of going through a similar experience during the time when we were engaged. The best part was, it was not just one but 7 women. At that time, I was angry, hurt beyond belief and my only thought was I'm not going to marry this man. If he can do this before marriage, he can do this after. The thought of him being an assh0#!, a bastard and whatever names you have in this world came crashing into my mind.

But here's the thing, I married this same guy and we have two lovely kids and I'm currently pregnant with the third and our marriage has never been better. Yes, we have our occasional quarrels but no more heartbreaking episodes.

Here's what I learn and I'm not saying it's the same for every situation but maybe, it would apply to some people here.

In every quarrel or bad situation (such as ur husband having an affair), it takes two hands to clap. Reading all your comments, I find that many seem to understand that it takes two hands to clap to mend something that is not already right but when it comes to the blaming, it's always the husband's fault. Why? Because he started the affair? If it takes two people to make things right, it also takes two people to make things wrong (in terms of marriage).

This may hurt but sometimes, husbands do these because we have not been the good wives. Hey, no one wants to admit their fault but the fact is, we have a part to play. Everybody wants to think they are good, everybody wants to be the victim, not the perpetrator.

If your husband has always been a womanizer, then it doesn't apply but think about why you married him in the first place. If he had always been sensible and it is not in his nature to womanize, then why now? I read about hubby being the good husband, the good father until the OW arrived. Have you ever wondered why?

What I'm saying is if you need or want to salvage your marriage, stop focusing on what he has done. Get to the root of the problem. This happened because there's problem or strain in your marriage that you did not see. Find it, work on it.

Women are so much stronger than men. We do not need another man to be there for us when we have problems with our husbands but men are totally different. They sway at the slightest hint of strain. Not knowing how to handle the situation, men sometimes choose the easy way out by going to another woman whom he thinks can provide him the comfort or support that he finds lacking in us.

When my husband, fiance at that time, told me that I've taken him for granted and led him to believe that there was nothing more between us which led him to his affairs, I told myself that it was bullshit. You do something wrong and put the blame on me? Go to hell. But as I cooled down, I realised that I did have a part to play. I knew him as friends before we got together and I know his character and he is definitely not the sort to womanize. So wat happened? Before I was, he was hurt and angry for the way I treated him and it was his way of getting back at me. Yes, foolish, some may say but it's an action-reaction thing. Hard as it may be, I tried putting some blame on myself. We then sat down and worked on what we didn't do for each other. It was a series of apologies between both parties and we worked on what was missing in our relationships.

I do admit that till this very day I do not trust him a 100% but we've not had this problem ever since and he has been a good husband to me and father to my children.

When a couple decides to get married, they vow a lifelong commitment with each other. Dun get so easily entailed with the word 'DIVORCE' every time something goes wrong in your marriage, especially those with children. Divorce doesn't only affect you but others as well especially your kids. It affects your life, your career, everything. It's not about teaching your partner a lesson. It's about you working with your partner in making the marriage works. Stop saying that he doesn't want to help himself, he's not trying harder. Have you in the first place? If you cannot change the environment, change yourself. Doing something about it is taking control of the situation. Sometimes, just by admitting your mistakes and working on it, brings your husband back to your side. Remember that not all affairs are of 'true love' but mostly are getaways. Just like an alcoholic uses alcohol to drown his sorrows or an addict using drugs to "forget" one's problems.

If you love your man and he is worth keeping, fight for what's yours and stop focusing on the blaming.

Hi Micky, staff & rianne,

Thanks for your encouraging words. Deep down, i am still pinning a little hope that he will turn ard...cos it's not easy for us to come to this stage...9 years...simply too many memories...i know him when i m 22...frm courtship to apply for flat to marriage to having kid...a long journey...i always wonder a few mths old relationship is strong enuff to kill our 9 yrs relationship ?

That's why i m still hanging ard eventhough i feel extreme hurt & disappointment on what he has done ...yes, i nd to give myself a timeframe cos i can't be living this type of life forever...a mental torture...i try to focus on myself & my bb but i still get affected by the things he do...always hv alot of doubts on the words he says...simply duno when he is speaking the truth?

Rianne,

Thanks for sharing your aunty & your story...I hope my bb will be a happy person like you if she has to live in a single parent family should i decide to move on one day...

Hi Rizqin,

What you say are right...i know what is the root of our problem & lately he admit that he do it in a fit of anger...i agree that i also play a part in his affair...i try to change the way i behave in the past...more sensible & understanding now...but the prob with my marriage now is that he finds it hard to just dump the OW...he feels guilty towards the 2 of us...I duno whether he has finally realise that the OW is just a "getaways" for him or he really fall for her...he keeps saying no matter who he choose...he will be guilty for life..thus, until today...there are no decision being made...but he always reassure me that he will not abandon us and he cannot give up me & my bb becos he is not cold-blooded...but i can't possibly hanging there waiting for him to come to a decision...this situation might go on for years...not healthy & fair for me & my bb...living under the shadow of him & the OW...

Hi Rizqin,
thanks for sharing.
for my case..i tried talking to him..in the hope to try to find out wat went wrong in our marriage n wat we can do.
but he told mi..there are probs in the past..but now, all these does not matter anymore..

cos now the biggest issue he has...is tt he has no more feelings for mi.n even if things improved bet us..the most can oni be family n gd frens..n he finds it very difficult to be couple again..n he dun think tt there is anything wrong with tt..he thinks is ok..

his thinking,is more or less..when feelings is gone..it will be hard to recover..at least..it is for him..cos cant be in the past..
n even be feelings do come back.it will be different..n it will not be like those couple feelings tt can do things as couple anymore

so like tt..how to get motivated to try to save the marriage..how to get him to hve feelings n can be couple again?
i find it very difficult n i dunno wat to do liao.

Hi ladies,

I saw his credit card bill...within Dec...he can go to 4-5 hotels with the OW...very disappointed with this man...claim that he is with his frenz on 1 Jan but wat i saw is a hotel bill...he din come back on that nite...duno why, this rd when i see the bills...i feel numb...my mind tell me to give up on this man...he is so "dirty"...no wonder he dun wan to give up cos they r always having gd times tog...

I find it hard to accept this man in my life anymore cos i think he never cherish me & my bb when we are ard...he always take thgs for granted that we are waiting for him at home...i hope i won't change my mind anymore...i want to walk out...

Dying heart,

Really feel sorry for you, though there is a chinese saying, 劝和不劝离, but i really don't encourage you to "wait" for your hubby "return". How much time are you going to spend on waiting him? How much longer can you survive to live under such treatment? Think for your baby and yourself.

Need advise urgently.. what will u do if u will to caught ur hb n the OW in ur bed?? i caught my hb n the OW in my bed. we will currently on separation i went back hm to take my stuff on sat n i saw tis.. i give both of them a big tight slap on the face. i'm reali feeling very sad n disappointed.

Hi cua,

Yes, i dun think I deserve this kind of treatment from him...he is really a jerk...he been acting in front of me...all the guilty, sad & sorry...lies...

Hi Dodo,

I can't really advise you but maybe you can check with your lawyer...i can understd how you feel...it's ok, they can hurt us now but they will get wat they deserve in future...the god can see what they do...

Hi Dodo

Sorry to hear that. Must have felt terrible to see that. Good for you, a big tight slap on both their faces!

Dyingheart
Everytime we discover something, we feel it’s time to give up. It’s natural coz all the things that our man said are all a pack of lies and we get VERY upset. What goes around comes around. If you feel that this man is not worth keeping, then you have to make the decision. But dun forget, you are now in afit of anger, do you want to cool down first?

dying heart,

when you decide to wait for him to come back to you, you should already expect such behaviour. This should not be a surprise to you. SHould you decide to stay ard and wait, you should be expecting lies, lies and more lies till the day he come to his senses.. the day where you see no more lies, thats the day you are waiting for. thats what happens to my parents. he dun come home, my mum gave up. leave it to him whatever he wants to do... at the back of her mind, she and we (the kids) know that he is having fun outside. We dun ask, she dun question. We were too young to know what she is waiting for.. today she is still waiting.. sigh! Today we are all grown up.. we have a 'fine' impression of him. So the saying goes "What goes ard, comes ard and he reaps what he sow'

No one deserves such treatment by default. However, the choice is yours. To press on or to walk on. Both equally difficult.

You are a good and beautiful woman.. whatever decision, you and kid will live well
happy.gif
Like I always advocate, theres bound to be someone out there for everyone. Just a matter of time and place..

Cheer up! Life still goes on.....

dodo - I studied law. from my perspective, when you file for separation, you should include a clause whereby no one is supposed to bring outsiders back to your matrimony home.

You may want to check out adding this clause today.

Micky,

When I see the bill, i am not angry...in fact, i feel numb...i duno how to carry on the rest of my life with this man...i find him very "ugly"...i feel like moving out after CNY but i dun wan to let him hv the hse...dun wan tat b**ch dirty my bed...still thinking whether I can get him to shift out...

Hi rianne,

I dun dare to thk of another man to come into my life...will there b a nice man ard who dun mind me as a divorcee & with a daughter ? thk i will hv to focus on my daughter...she is my heart & soul...

dying heart,

I have been reading this thread. I feel so sorry for you. I really have nothing good to say about your hubby. He is a selfish jerk. It is high time you think for you and your gal.

dying heart,
who is taking care of ur bb now? if she is taken care by ur mum..then maybe u can move out with ur bb for the time being..
who noes,by then, he will wake up.
moving out in a way is good..cos both of u can cool down

but if u do not intend to move out.then the oni advice tt i can offer is tt..try not to look at his things anymore..cos the more u see, the more upset u will get..cos u noe tt watever he said is a pack of lies.
n since wat he said is a pack of lies..then the more u shd not go n see the things..cos u already noe tt he is lying..so y do u wan to verify it?

i noe,it is easier said than done..cos i'm trying to do tt myself..but tried..cos somehow,it will make u feel better lor..

dodo,
i'm sorry to hear abt tt..
if i'm not wrong, there's nothing u can do. cos ur hb is allow to see anyone during separation..n u oso can hve bf..but just tt cannot get married.

fm wat i understand is not.. coz separation both of u r still husband n wife cant have gf or bf. it's still consider adultery. i have called my lawyer. the main prob nw is i cant make him pay for everything. my hse is less then 5yrs n we took the near parent grant.. if i will to sell nw i may have to pay a big sum of money. hate him to the core. he still dare to push everything to my fault.. cant he juz wake up.

dodo, sad to hear abt your case...

I also withness the same kind of things .. I'm filed divorce againest him in Nov.06 Till now, only divorce is given judgement.. the rest not settle yet ...

I think u hv to take up the house ... sell or rent it when the 5years is up .

I understand the feeling ... is not easy.. & terrible.. till now, i'm still trying my best not to think back ...

huggzz. Dodo, dying heart, forget me not, 090301.

Dodo, I was just at my lawyer's office yesterday and he told me it is possible that I don't pay the CPF money first and then we sell the house when it can be sold. So you might want to check with your lawyer. Check with your lawyer on whether you can file for divorce under the circumstances. No point dragging on for 3 years if you already decided....just pro longing the pain.

Dodo,
Lin lin is correct.. if i'm not wrong .. can be arrange in that way... u can pay the other paty CPF when u sell the house ... this can be arrange & metioned in the affidavite.

and to drag 3 years.. u will be mentally very tired... not good for urself.. I can tell u .. u may not able to take the stress too..

forgetmenot,

yes, my mum is taking care of my bb now...

i can't help it but to check on his thgs cos i want to know the truth...it very sad to know the truth but at least, i can see for myself what kind of person he is...

u know...i keep the statement that he dump in the dustbin...he can't find it & guess what, he go home during lunch to search thru my things...he found it...he told me that he scare i see it...but i thk more likely he is scare that I will use it against him in court...sigh...

from this can see...he is always plotting & planning against me...to protect himself...very scary right ?

dodo,

I also agree...no pt dragging...for me, if i am going to the lawyer firm...i will file for divorce directly...it's very tiring & stress to go thru the long process...the thots of having to go thru divorce...i thk we really hv to b very strong...

dying heart ,

hugz... U better protect youself .. I mean who knows he is actually planning something ... keeps those impt things in your mum's place instead .

always think that you hv bb with you... and your mum will also support your decision.

Now, I'm also staying with my mum .. she is helping me in looking after my 23mth old gal.
Lucky there is one room for me & my gal to sleep .. I'm really very appreaciate so much help & support she had given to me ...

my hb keeps saying i everythgs also tell my parents...no privacy btw us at all...but after wat has happen...can i still rely on him ? At least, i know that my parents will not harm me...

My instinct tell me that I cannot trust this person...my dad is very angry with the way he behave...i told him to talk to my dad if he is repent...guess what, he told me that he is bad temper...won't allow ppl to scold him & he will shout back...wat kind of attitude is this ? he is in the wrong...

he keeps asking me to give him times to settle with the OW...but i feel tat he is just buying times...he won't break off with her one if he is still mtg her so frequent...he told me tat the credit card statement show his past misdeed..i ask him to prove his innocence by showing me his upcoming statement...he dun dare to say ok...so wat does this tell?...

all these is telling me that this man is hopeless...wat should i do ? i m very confused now...

hugz dying heart ,

if he really wants to turn back & repent, he will give in & really no contact with the OW. TO me, he is just passing time ... if u ask me, I will tell u to give up.. but is not easy to go through... U must make up your mind clearly .. & decide for yourself . The more you drag also very confused.

If you want, u give him just 3 days .. ask him what he really wants.. If he still cannot give u answer.. then forget it . .. He cannot be trusted anymore .

HI dying heart,

Pardon me to say this, i think instead of asking your hubby to make a decision between you and TOW, what your hubby wants, it'd be easier for you to ask yourself waht you want.

Do you want to be with your hubby again? If yes, like others say, stop looking at his things anymore, try your best to win him back, some forumer have share their own experience and i believe you should be able to pick up some from these sharing. Otherwise, leave this man, start a new life with your baby. You are lucky that your parents are supportive. I know some cases where the parents do not even care about their daughther who facing the same (or even) worse problem than yours, some does not dare to let their parents know.

There is really no point to keep telling yourself that this man is hopeless, this man is not worth for your love, etc, while you still experience the hurt.

090301 & cua,

I m surprise...he suddenly tell me he want to work on our marriage...but he says he won't show me the statement & send me e-mail to tell me abt his night job...cos he thk i nd to trust him...but if he is not being open...how to let me gain back the trust...

I ask him to talk to my parent on his decision...at least, can give them some assurance...but he keeps saying this will give him additional stress...i just feel tat if he wan to hold his head high to face my family...he should do somethgs...no doubt this is btw me & him....

actually, i wan a new life but yet i do not bear to let go...sigh...too soft-hearted...

dying heart: "actually, i wan a new life but yet i do not bear to let go...sigh...too soft-hearted..."

... how long are you going to ding dong on this issue? Being in limbo is worse than things going backward... You are already past the "can i save my marriage" part, crossed the line and decided that you want that new life. So take charge of your life and move on already.

I'm not being callous - time is passing and nothing is changing and we're all growing older and etc etc etc.

dying heart , to be honest.. if he suddenly change his attitude .. also worry , not sure if he just wearing a mask or maybe he is just afraid on the maintenace if divorce ..

U have to decide lor . singlemomof3 is right , time is passing .. nothing is change , u will b very stress out .. & tired .

dying heart
If he says he want to work on the marriage, ask him point blank how does he intend to do it and what are the actions he's going to take?

Next if u are convinced that this is also what you wanted which I think it is, are u prepared to forgive him? Only with real forgiveness then boht of you can move forward. Till now, I still have flashbacks of those things he told the woman, and I'm sad, but I cannot do anything. And I did tell him very clearly that if communication continues between him and OW, I will leave this marriage and he will stand to lose not 1, but 3 of us incl the children. But sometimes man just need to be faced with the consequences then they will WAKE UP.

Hi ladies,

You are not going to believe it...even for myself...i m also having doubt whether this is for real...i hv a heat arguement with my dad...he keeps wanting to interfere in my stuff...end up, he very boiled up & want to see my hb...my SIL helps me call him & chat as he din want to come initially...she ask him whether he wants the family...he can give a straight answer yes...but when ask whether he can give up the OW...he got no answer...my dad is very impatient & upon hearing he din want to come...he call him...he din answer but in the end he turn up...my dad keeps asking him for an answer...he says he is trying & will settle with the OW...he has sms her to tell her abt the break up & she agreed...

on our way home...my hb tells me the OW want him to come back to the family...she is also the one who ask him to face my dad...she is not a bad woman & he will nd to see her face to face to settle it once & for all...duno why, i can't help but feel tat he is simply listening to her...to him, she is the angel whereas me & my family r the devils...

i feel kinda sad when he told me if my dad really go & tell his parents...tat the end of us...it's not becos he is scare tat his parents will know...but becos he cannot std my dad for interfering in all these matters...he thks i m a mummy girl & everythgs report to my parents...he is very very moody & says "shou qi" at my parent place...sigh...

i should be feeling happy that he has finally choose us but i don't cos i feel that it's not from the bottom of his heart...it's the force factor from my dad that make him do it...I duno is it for real or he is just trying to cover up...

Think we really hv to make extra effort for this marriage to work out...frankly speaking, i dun hv much confidence after all the things tat has happen...

dying heart,
have been following this thread silently.. and my heart goes to you!
I duno, but the OW is very smart. She is making herself look darn good in front of ur HB.But her motives for doing so, is prob to inject more negative feelings abt your family.
And about your HB, the decision of coming back to you and family did not come from the bottom on his heart. And to say he very shou qi fm your dad is plain nonsence. YOu have been putting up with his nonsence and lies, i tot your qi and pressure faced is greater than his!!
Other than selfish, i cannot tink of other words to describe him.

Sept 03 bride,

Yes, she is very smart...tat was how she manage to conquer my hb's heart...i dun feel any repent from my hb...he din even say sorry to my dad...

i go into her facebk acct...she can write thgs like she is very upset and really shou shan le...excuse me, how abt me? I been tolerating all the thgs they been doing behind my back...m i not hurt the most & worst?

I can't help but feel tat it's not the end of their relationship...cos my hb thk she is so nice...all the more he wan to be with her...i keep asking myself...should i just let him go as his heart is not with me at all? he is thinking of all the unhappiness in this family...he keeps saying all those things tat I hv done in the past...he is not willing to forget...i dun thk we will b happy at all...

To men, the OW is always more attractive. Even if the wife and OW give the same suggestion/opinion/instruction on anything under the sun, somehow, from the OW, it is more appealing, more interesting, more correct etc etc ad nauseam. Simply because of WHO it is from, not the topic of discussion.

Men are usually the ones who put logic before emotions. Yet when they are involved in such illicit relationships, their logic goes to hell and their emotions rule. Once they decide, subconsciously, that "my wife is a bitch" etc, and "wah this woman is so great" etc, then, honestly, he's a goner.

You're not wrong to lose confidence in him, but please don't start losing confidence in yourself. Don't forget that his view, and the OW's view is WARPED.

dying heart,

actually my hb is abit similar like yours.
though the OW is out of the picture now..but he is not willing to work on the marriage..he just wan to stay like a family n work on the family..
cos he feels tt this marriage cant be save..n is very difficult to be couple again with mi.

n in order for him to work n treat mi as a family..need to give him space n lotsa of time..like he dun wan mi to check his things etc..
n like u..i oso think..if he wans to work on it n nothing to hide..the more he shd not do this..

i keep telling him..for mi to regain trust..he cant do this..but he differs..so my views n his views differ over here.n i realised tt no matter how i say or do..or get upset over..i cant change his mind..so the oni thing i do,is change myself..

i feel tt the more i think abt this..the more hurt i become..n i can tell u tt..it is additive to look at his things..
hence i stopped looking at his things..not because i dun wan to know..
i still want to know..but i dun wan myself to get hurt n upset on him again.

yes..u wont believe tt he wans to work on the marriage even though he said it..n he oni said it when u guys quarrel??
same thing here..my hb does not wan to D..to him, the kids mean so much to him tt he will do anything for them..to the extent of "forcing" himself to try to be couple with mi.

n yes, of cos I feel sad..he did it for them..not for mi n the past relationship we had.he said he has no motivation in the past to work on this marriage.n now,realli wan to D liao..so his "engine" has to start to do something to salvage..n the kids will be the motivation for him to work now.

so wats the point.the change will not be permanent..
he has to realise this,n wanted to work on the marriage himself..then the things he does will be different..n it is oni then the change will be permanent.

to mi..he is doing it for the sake of doing it..he is doing it aimlessly..he has no heart wanting to save n work towards this marriage.

but one thing for sure, no one knows the future.
maybe one day he will really turn ard, or he forever will not.n i noe tt i will not be here waiting for him forever.
If my parents are so supportive, i will D..but i'm not encouraging u. You have to think thru this carefully.

For mi, i feel so disheartening tt things become like tt..i more or less decide to D..but 1st,i need to settle the arrangement for my kids 1st.

forgetmenot,

I think at this moment...i will hv to leave him alone for awhile to let him cool off becos i m also full of scars from all the things he has done...but i will still continue to show concern for him...hopefully, he can really see the effort i put in...u know when he come up to my parents hse...the kind of look from him...it likes showing me...u & ur family r so sucks & irritating...there r so much grievances and anger he has against me & now my family...

it's true that my parents are very supportive...but sometimes, they r overly protective...i can't stop my dad from interfering into this...i guess i really hv to zip my mouth & stop telling them thgs btw us & it will create less conflict...i m undergoing extreme stress...oredi hv so many thgs to b troubled & yet still hv to handle my parents...frankly speaking, if i hv a choice...i hope to live on my own with my bb...

Will try to work it out...if at the end of the day, i see no results...at least, i try liao & maybe will be more easier to let go...

Back