Any recommendation on gd maid agency?

i agree with so many, don't go to BEST HELPER!!

the maid i gotten from them- name: Mala Kuniawati, they can claim that only transfer 3 times, (actually

transferred 4th time n i m the fifth one - after i check on MOM website using her WP no.)

this maid is wonderful. i employ her to take care of my mum who have stroke. she can tell me wonderful things like

she knows how to use the wheelchair, take care elderly before n etc...

the first day she came, already chicken pox. didn't realize after the 3rd day. sent her to hospital as i have

eldery & young kids at home. after discharge hospital, she request to go back to agent. during the 3days she take

care of my mum, she didn't even know how to use the wheelchair!

end up work 3 days, dun want to work. return her to agency, i still got to get penalty :

1mth salary $320

food & lodging $10x21days $210
lose agency fee about $280,
levy $7x21,
lose insurance about $100.

for nothing, i got to pay $910. close to $1000. all jus because a maid is incapable of doing the job listed.

AND best of all, after me, she was transfered 9 times! YES 9 TIMES!

Sometime i jus can't help it but to feel are these all pre-arranged? Put a pleasant looking maid at the centre to

let u choose, then after which work a few days then dun want to work, u no choice got to return maid, then got to

be penalized by all those admin fees> Because lately i gotten 2 maids from Ming employment. within 1 mth!

first maid (transfer maid due to ah ma pass away): work 3 days and request to go back. say whole body aching and cannot work for us. whereby all she does was to assist my mum transfer bed to wheelchair. n she didn't even do, my old maid was teaching her n she is jus looking at it. look at it she also can body ache?? before i get her, i even show her my mum, her size , she said OK. she have experience CARRYING A 45KG old lady. my mum small case to her. end up, she SEE only also body ache.

Ming employment dun have a transfer maid at tt time n push me to take new maid. i waited 2 weeks and the maid came, unpleasant face somemore. tot that she will be grateful we choose her- end up, she said she couldnt stand my dad scold her mistakes (keep making same mistakes, almost make my microwave and hot water pot explode!), cannot stand my dog barking whenever i hv visitors. n can tell my dad, forget and make mistakes is ok ONE> it is OK TO FORGET THINGS. work 3 weeks, request to go back agent AGAIN.

Ming contract is mus use maid for 3months. but, the 2 maids all request to go back, not i return! also my problem? the boss wants me to take NEW MAID again??

see, i really can't help it but to think, did the agency purposely sell poor quality workers to work here and then they will go back to agent after a while and we got to be penalized (be it we take their maid or not). they earn good money by doing tt? n we somehow no choice but to select new maid with them. they happily sell their transfer maid and the cycle goes on n on.

i felt that the agency contract is very unfair to employers like us. see, a maid attitude is bad, want to choose

environment, cannot scold them -nevermind, but the contract is always protecting the agent. what is our right as an employer?

agent failed to provide a resonably good maid, bad attitude maid who can always dun work for employers and WE employers have to be PENALIZED. agency jus sit and earn our money. when maid don't work well and misbehave, agent has no respsonsiblity n we EMPLOYERS have to be penalized?? what is this rationale??

i have gotten maid from the following over the years:

1) Labour Express - all the maid all cannot make it
2) JPB - Got one maid stupid n forgetful but work with good attitude so she finish 2yrs contract for me
3) Promaids - Got one maid from her, good, cook nice food, work fast and clever. finish 2yrs contract for my mum
4) Ming Employment - within a mth, change 2 maids. now still talking to them on the refund
5) GD Maiden - now using her maid...

Hi jrt_gal,

last time i have used Mixx before and posted to alert mummies not to use them. Their clause is very terrible...1st maid has to work 1 mth (if not pay for the 1mth). All maids must worked for at least 3 mths then can refund full loan. Somemore have to pay F&L, all crap. Then if you asked for replacement, give you a bunch of lousy bio or no bio at all.

And also be careful, i know they have few other affililated companies (Fostxx, Mdm Syxxx)....having the same clause too. So mummies be careful.

hi, can share your experience with these maid agencies if you have? thanks very much.

- Dans Service
- Universal Employment
- Maid-Power
- LuckyStar Employment
- AC Toh Enterprises
- Ming Hwee Resources
- Jo-An Recruitment
- C-Focus Services
- Dot.One Consultants
- Prestige Management

Dear all,

I happen to have a philippino maid for transfer.

She has been with me for 1 year plus. She loves my daughter but can't cook and due to that my granny doesn't like her.

Everything is ok about her except cooking. She can cook but not much chances as my granny is always in control of the kitchen.. Anyway long story..

Anyone interested please PM.

hi.. does anyone have any idea how much it costs for agency fees these days for a Filipino maid? I went to a maid agency (my mother's friend) and was a little taken aback. The agency fee was $288. However, this excludes all the insurance and documentation! Insurance is $299, and there is also some documentation costs which I am told is charged because the docs are required by the embassy. I ended up paying about $900 +!!

kimmies, I guess now the price for ph maid has gone up a lot eversince their government insist on the correct documentations to be presented before they can leave the country. I suffer now, am actually getting my new maid into Sin these few weeks, but due to the lack of these documentations, my maid got stuck at ph immigration. Now agency request me to top up another $688 in order for them to prepare all these documentations. This $688 is not inclusive of the agency fee I had already paid earlier, and it is not inclusive of the insurance or security bond either. And agency also told me that the maid loan will be further increased by 200 to 2200! And I hv to wait another 2-3 weeks at least! Hmm.. according to the new rules, the maid's salary will be $520 per month (this I need to clarify with the agency again, cos I just got the call just now and was too shock and forgot to ask abt the salary). Did your agency tell u abt the mthly salary to be paid to the maid?

I think I may switch to Indo maid finally! Now really jia lat, as my current maid is leaving very very soon!

hi,
m looking for a good maid for bb care for immediate transfer. pls pm me if any.

also abt bad agency, do not go to REY employement agenecy. took 2 maids from them and they suck. what is worse is they have lots of hidden costs like admin fee of 70-80 not included in the agency fee. then given the poor quality of maids given, we terminated the contract and was penalised 350 for early termination. ie did not complete loan period. the clause for 350$ penalty was shown when u collect the maid so in that sense u were "force" to sign on. ended up paid more than 700 for the 2 maids in terms of agency fees. they were located at upper chnagi rd but think now shifted to marine parade area near VJC. beware.

Kkimmies & Eunice, basically i had used 4 agents from Katong Shopping center and they all sucks till I found passionmaid from the Roxy Square. The boss is the one handling all the issues and he is very professional in all the handling issues. They had a very good training system in which when the maid arrive, they will deploy to the staff's home for intensive training such as the practices for the chinese family and the different types of household layouts, for eg, terrace house and HDB flats difference. So far I gt a few maids from their coy and there are all quite professional, if the maids are not able to perfrom in the household, he will bring his maid, who is a filipino, to counsel the maid and fine tune the issues. As for the Katong side, there are alot of hidden cost and services changed 360 degrees after you signed the contract, so I will say none in Katong have good after sales service.

I have taken maids from these 2 agencies below..

1) Nesah Enterprise - CON AGENCY
He provided me a filipino maid who was so lazy. She totally disrespected elders. She always insisted on gng to bed early and I had to wake her up in the morning. First day she was at my home, she changed the TV channel to her liking!!! When I questioned about this to the Agency, My Shaik told me " Poor Maid, wht do u want her to be? U want her to be afraid of u ? " I was like ??? Isn;t she at fault? He insisted tht I paid him $600 transfer fee, becus its "us" the employers who decided she shld go. So he totally took about 1.4k or more from us and refunded the the rest.

2) Sai Mass Consultancy - Missing Agent
Agent provided us with a Sri Lankan maid. And the day I went to collect the maid, Agent was not in singapore. She left her company with another domestic worker of hers. She expected me to pay the full amount of $1370 (agency fees and 1st mth salary) to her worker who didnt even issue an receipt. The agent(Ajantha) spoke to me over the phone and said "just pay, it's based on trust" and hung up. Its been 2 weeks I had tried contacting Agent and she has not picked up nor answered my call, or called to ask about her maid. Finally my husband managed to leave her a voicemessage. She hurriiedly called back and said she will return to sg on Nov 8 and will call us to talk about the maid. I have been calling her the last 2 days, can't contact her at all. Voicemail box is also full!
Maid story : Maid keeps asking me to call agent to tell her tht she cannot do "babycare". I questioned the maid, "why did u agree to do when I interviewed her?" She claims tht bacxk in sri lanka the babycare is diff from sg. Furthermore, oin the 3rd day she was here, she fainted in the kitchen. So now, I dunt have a contract, receipt, maids passport or any documents. Except a problematic maid!

I got mine from Best Home (Bukit Timah branch). Service was okay, process not always smooth but won't blame the Singapore agency. Everything was quite transparent in terms of costs and requirements. Didn't get any shock.

Even when we had initial doubts about the maid when she finally came, the agency listen and offered to help talk to the maid while she passed us other bio datas to consider. In the end, we decided to give the maid a chance and she managed to overcome her homesickness and settle in.

so is there a list of good maid agency?
i have listed below:-
1. Promaids
2. Wondermaid AMK
3. I.Deal Employment
4. Raymonds Maid Agency at AMK Branch
5. Passionmaid from the Roxy Square

Hi Members,
I just join this club and sad to say i knew it too late. December of last year(2010) got a maid from Ming Emplyment and i can tell you it's a NIGHTMARE.
1st maid ran away after working for one week.
It's a transfer maid and we get her coz agent say she was ill treat by employer.
she happen to have a HP and we never knew until she ran away as my neighbour saw her holding it.
agent also say they(agent) dont know too.
long story to it and will tell more later about the HP Issue.
so same thing we have to pay her lodging $10/day but we insist not paying and they have no choice send her back the next day.
a replacement was maid and we choose a new maid.
Maid was here before X'mas and do the medical checkup.
medical checkup was delayed due to year end(reason given by agency) so maid was given to us on new year's eve and we pick her up in the evening coz we are working.
on 2 Jan 2011, after marketing with us, she told us that she got something to tell us.
by the time we reach home, it was evening as we go marketing late as teaching her things in the morning.
She told us she went for TWO medical checkups and the 1 medical checkup was pending as the 1st doc notice something is wrong in her abdominal and ask hee to go for further scan.
because of this, the agency send her for 2nd medical check up and pass the checkup. than only we know why her medical checkup took so long and we tot is was due to the holiday season.
she was so agitated when talking about it as she dont want to be sent back as the agency will ask her to pay up her loan. we told her we will talk to agent about it but she dont listen.
SHe complain of stomache pain and went to tolet to vomit where all hell break loose. she fainted outside the toilet. we managed to wake her up by putting oitment. the moment she woke up, she lost her memory and asking who we are and why is she here. and her idendity was changed too. her name was AYU and later she said she was Lia.
because of her unsound mind, we called the police and took her for the night as the agency is closed by that time.
the next morning, we got a call from the police and told that she was in alexandra hospital for check up, before this she was sent to IMH(Institue of Mental Health).
She had all types of scan and in the end found that there is a cyst.
We talk to the agency and they push everything to us and say that the maid is now under us and we have to bear all the medical bills.
we question them abt the medical checkup and they say that they go by the books and as long as the medical pass it's not their problem. the Ah beng boss still can give the kind of look like it's not my problem it's your's.
we complain to MOM,CASE and AEAS and they can't do anything about it. MOM only do the investigation to see if the agency did anything wrong. CASE don't deal in Agency. AEAS only do the talking. and when the agency say they will pay 50% of the bill, AEAS say case close.
what we want is our full refund and 100% of the bill should go to the agency as there was something wrong in the 1st checkup and we were not told of it and not even TWO medical checkups. we only get to know from the maid.
how can i pay the bill when the maid already have medical problems before we get her?
we check with the 1st medical officer and true enough he said that he advice the maid for scanning and even told the agency.
Till now we have not settle this issue and have not get my refund back yet.
any members here can give advice?
I'm hoping members who have problem with Ming Employment to come forward. i intend to ask the press to interview me and hope that the appropriate goverment bodies can help.
the agency is not trustworthing as they lie to us not only the medical checkup but also lie together with my 1st maid who ran away.
i mention about the HP that my maid is holding?
i ask for the HP so that i can see who she contact when she ran away, she said she pay the taxi fare with the HP. when ask about the SIM card, she said she throw away. Agent also search her body and found nothing. so no choice i let it be.
during my second maid issue, when we was in IMH, we ask the agency to message us the boss name as required by IMH. Guess what, they use the SIM card that my 1st maid was using to message us the boss name!!!!!

Please spread around about this agency. i do not want anyone to be the same fate as me......

Hi. Which Ming employment did you work with? Is it the Bukit Timah branch or the Katong one?

What is the Ah Beng boss name?

Hi BeeBe,
i did not work wit Ming Employment but get maid from there.
The boss name not convenient to say but 'Ming Employment' is more than enough.

>>> i ask for the HP so that i can see who she contact when she ran away, she said she pay the taxi fare with the HP. when ask about the SIM card, she said she throw away. Agent also search her body and found nothing. so no choice i let it be.

--------

I assume you asked the first maid above for the HP, and earlier she had run away back to Ming Employment, and Ming Employment then contacted you. How do you know the SIM card number the first maid is holding, since it is not known she has a HP?

Concerned. Can I ask you some questions? Can email me [email protected]?

Hi BeeBe,

i did not relate the issue as i do want it to be too long. my neighbour ask the number from her and let her go. after i came back looking for her than only he told me he got the number. i call the number she pick it up and can hear a guy's voice on the background asking her to hang up. The police even call that number and she hung up on him too.

Bad experience with GREAT EMPLOYMENT AGENCY at bukit timah shopping centre. Beware of the salesperson Wendy, she sounded very sincere, but in the end, after wasting much of our time, we realised she's just putting up an act, making up excuses like have urgent matter can't meet us, maid's ex-employer very troublesome, etc. A pack of lies!

well atleast you are better than me. Now i am still waiting for the refund. Still no response and AEAS can't help much now.
Try to read more or find more about maid agancies. Good luck to you.

well atleast you are better than me. Now i am still waiting for the refund. Still no response and AEAS can't help much now.
Try to read more or find more about maid agancies. Good luck to you.

Those agencies advertised w Mediacorp actor/actress does not mean gd..i.e. Nation hv long list of bad reviews so far.

Hi Agginess (moondust07)
This is Mr Shaik from Nesah Enterprise Employment Agency.I read your complaint in Singapore Motherhood which I am not aware of until one of my client told me.As a professional I am surprised that you only wrote half the truth and covered the rest for your benefit.You followed my contract which is from CaseTrust.You should have complained to them if you were not happy with my service.I don’t see any reason why you are complaining in this forum unless you want to tarnish my Agency.Well l like to set the record straight and correct me if I am wrong.
You took your very first maid from Nesah Enterprise for Housekeeping, Child care and Cooking.You choose this maid (Lywanie) and interviewed her in the Philippines through phone conversation.You and your husband confirmed that she is per your requirement.
I visited your home when I hand over your maid and told you that this maid may not have much work to do since you are only 3 of you and your house is so small. As a Employer it is your atmost duty to allocate jobs for your maid to do daily.But you fail to do so.Your maid was very free daily doing nothing.You even refuse to allow the maid to handle your child.You were suffering from phobia and you keep telling me that you don’t trust the maid.Now you complain that I say this and that.I feel that you are not capable to handle a maid who is willing to work. Mind you the same maid is working for another employer without any complain till now.

Hi, has anyone used Universal Employment before? Seems like they have mostly transfer maids and their fees that i was quoted ranged from 920-1500. That is agency fees alone... Has the rate gone up so much? Feels out of touch... Or seems like a shortage of maids now and therefore higher charges..?

Bad experience with Universal Maid Agency, the customer service is very rude and after searching for a while and i feedback their rates are very expensive rates compared to other agencies and their maid need 2 days OFF per month, she commented that "Oh, their maid are good quality, other maid in other agency are not so good." Compared themself to LV and say the rest of the agency is Guess.

She is rude the moment i told her my feedback and before ending the call "Then I hope u get a "good" maid lor...." What kind of sales attitude was that

I have been following the thread. Seems like it's very tough to find a reliable agency....

I have used Wondermaid, United Employment, Crislo and Lee Garden before. So far, Lee Gdn provided gd service but they have renamed to Asset Mgt which has bad reviews....

To Angeline,

I do not think that our staff is rude. I think the fact is, you cannot stomach paying what you deemed has "high" agency fee as you have been exposed to low agency fees, as low as $1, $88, etc for way too long.

If you had taken maids back in the 80s or early 90s, you will soon realise that the fees quoted are normal. We have been in business since 1986, so we definitely know the market rate for agency fees all these years.

It's just that silly maid agencies back then reduced the agency fee in order to attract customers like yourself, offered you a huge discount on the agency fee and transferred this discount to the maid's placement fee. So that's why, you only see maid's salary deductions going up and never down!

At the end of the day, please ask yourself this, if you're a job seeker, would you pay to secure a job? If yes, how many months of salary deductions would you agree to go through? But most likely the answer, like everyone else is NO. We won't pay a fee to secure a job. So why should these maids pay then?

Please la,don't think that pay high agency fee means u can assure "excellent" or "good" maids,otherwise where are the transfer maids from.Is it pay high agency fee ,low maid's loan,still must pay at least 7-8 moths loans right.

To emama:

High or Low Agency Fee definitely cannot guarantee the success of the maid working out with you, that I agree. As it really depends on you and your maid to make the working relationship a lasting one. Money can't do that for you!

But with a higher agency fee, what I can assure you is that the maid will pay ALOT lesser. Say 2 months placement fee or lesser. So knowing that the maid will pay alot lesser, can I take it you will be alright to pay the higher agency fee now? Or would still think for yourself first, than the maid? Don't forget, you are financially better than her by ALOT. So does it all make sense to you now?

Like I said, placement fee back then was as low as 2 months and agency fee was alot higher than it is today. So everything is reversing back to the 80s.

Live with it!

If low agency fee is what you continually seek for, then rest assured, Singapore would be alot less attractive for foreign maids to consider in the near future, hence shortage of maids eventually.

Personally, after reading the agencies replies, I will not want to get maids from them. And yes, I can afford your fees if they add up to the ard $3000+ that agencies require upfront now which covers the maid loans.

And really, thank you for pre-empting me coz I am looking for a maid. If you want to charge high agency fee, you better be able to provide that kind of service.

To tinklestar:

All the best in finding the right maid for your family!

Remember, you pay peanuts, you get monkeys! If you can afford, then I am sure you will get a good maid.

If you want someone with less training required, then it's best to get an experienced transfer maid whom you can interview in person! At least, this maid will be without any "loan" or lesser than those maids who are currently not in Singapore.

The wait time will be a bliss for you as well if you do consider a maid on transfer, as maids who are not currently in Singapore and from countries such as Indonesian can take 3 months minimum and from Philippines, at least 1 1/2mths.

Also with regards to the salary, it's better to pay well than to pay peanuts! Some stingy employers think that when a maid accepts their low offer, it's like hitting the jackpot to them, they get happy for awhile and save a couple of dollars which amount to nothing if calculated on a daily basis. What they don't realise is, sooner or later, the maid will eventually ask for a transfer cause she realised she is being underpaid, end up, that stingy employer has to reselect someone else, end up paying more and wasting time to retrain the new one all over again. Unless these stingy employers enjoy being a maid trainer, otherwise, it's not advised to go down that route.

To tinklestar:

In addition to what I mentioned earlier about hiring a transfer maid, please do not have the misconception that all transfer maids are problem maids.

When taking a transfer maid, if the maid has many months of "loan" left to settle with the agency, such maid has a high possibility that she is a problem maid. However, there's always 2 sides to everything. It could be her latest employer's expectations are too high or the maid is simply not doing her job well, perhaps on purpose.

As for experienced transfer maid, these group of maids usually would have finished at least 1 contract (2yrs contract) or more. However, please be aware that finding an experienced transfer maid is no easy task, as many agencies only deal with 1st-timer maids, and for such agencies, even if they do have transfer maids, it's usually a maid who is 1st-time in Singapore with alot of "loan" left to pay off. Again, this is the kind of maid to avoid if ever possible, as most problems will come from such maids.

And remember, these maids on transfer with many months of loan to repay to the agency, be prepared to hear sweet words from the agent on the reason why she is on transfer. White lies may have to be told in order to help the maid find a new employer and at the same time, help themselves to recover money invested into bringing the maid into Singapore. Just listen with a pinch of salt and make your own judgement when you interview the transfer maid in person!

after reading the above many post, my conclsuion is that if the maid agency staff/owner were to reply with such bad attitude, I wonder whats the trainng thats install in thier maid

I would like to find out more about employing a maid.

Beside Agency fees, what else do we need to pay?
How much is the monthly fee for a Philippino, Indonesian and Mynmar maid?

Please share with me. Thanks!

KB : agree leh. their attitude is quite bad..

BTW, someone i know says 1-2 yrs back if i wan to get a maid, she can recommend as her frn opens an agency. finally now that i need a maid, i asked her and she said her frn is the boss of ming hwee agency. huh!!! seems like its the ming agency u all are talking about? tel no starts with 653 something

Anyway ... not all their (Universal Employment Agency) maids are good quality. I know because my ex-maid, who is not just a monkey, but a lazy, lack initiative, only want salary of at least $600 per month, every week unrestricted day off, house cannot be too big, don't have dogs and children to look after, no need to wash car, employer always not in Singapore, can hold party with friends when employer not at home ... oh wake up not earlier than 7 am ... can only eat good quality food (choosy about type of rice and meat), got a placement through Universal to an unfortunate expat family.

Now we know.

Yeah, I agree. High agency fee doesn't mean gd maids. At every agency we have used, we always paid highest yet the maids quality are bad. All start behaving like princesses and queens or like we owe them either from beginning Or after a wile with us though they eat good food, have rest time and more than sufficient sleep and we bring them out constantly and eat at hotels and restaurants.

maids quality are generally bad nowadays but I still feel it is the responsibility of agencies to ensure maids are of good quality else they should not be getting agency fee from fdw employers, and as employers are tied up with MOM restrictions and guidelines so maids dare to behave badly. Even my fresh inexperience maid is very choosy about food not to mention slipshod work.

Please avoid patronize Express Maid Agency in Bukit Timah Shopping Centre. The maids quality are very bad and worst the staff, Ivy Ong is not responsible and very unprofessional. I have wasted almost 1k for using her service less than two months.

My agent is good too. Only Filipino maids available. And many choice for infantcare. Can interview maids personally and state all your requirements before deciding to hire.

PM me.

I am curious to know the following and wondering if anyone has the answer:

New Maid
- How much do they get prior to coming to SG when employers pay upfront abt 8mths loan?
-If they run away working before loan payment, do they pay the agency?
- Why do maid have the impression that if they not happy, employers can send them back? Dun they have any cost incur? As for employers, we wld have incrred charges like agency fee, WP, POEA, insurance and mis?

Hi fifincash and tulip3,

can you pm me ur agency contact details? I am currently looking for a FDW who can take care of my son, do household chores and cook.

Thanks!

Hello,

I might be taking a maid from Eden Grace maid agency. Did anyone here take any maid from them? Any reviews?

fifincash: u can PM your agency details.

Thanks

Shernyce

Hi fifincash and tulip3,

Need the agency contact details. Not sure if you can pm me, but pls post the agency details here if u cant.

Thanks!

Hi all,

I'm in process of hiring a filipino maid and was asked to sign a standard employment contact (believe meant for the embassy and also a copy will be given to the maid). However, the terms listed in the contract and my agreement with the agency differs, like for eg.

- I am required to give 1 rest day per week but agreement with agency is no off day.

- and salary is US$400 though i am only paying SG$480.

Is it ok to sign the contract though actual term differs. Am worried about the legal implication but was told that it was compulsory to sign such undertaking, otherwise the application will not be approved.

Anyone can advise?

Thanks.

hi lemonade,

yes, have to sign for philippine govt otherwise they will not release the new maid.

wow your maid's salary is so high? first time in sg?

Hi Tulip

Yes, but she worked elsewhere before. How much is yours? Any prior exp?

Did you sign a separate agreement with the agency based on the actual agreed terms?

Thanks.

Back