Any recommendation on gd maid agency?

Any good maid agency to recommend? Anyone got their maid from SIngapore Employment Agency at Katong Shopping centre before? Are they good?

Tigress,

You can try Award Maid Agency. Their service is superb. They can go down to your place and meet up with you, and they are friendly and helpful

Kindly contact me for the contact number.

Hi, everyone. If anyone looking for a maid, I will recommend ContactAsia. When I am in my confinement, I gave them my criterias and was given videos I can view at home. Not only is the agency reliable , my Indon maid been with me for more than 6 mths already and she is good. Understand they interview the maids through careful selection. Due to my urgency, they help me get my maid within less than 2 weeks.

hi,

my agency very good, though it will take longer time for her to get you a maid. Once when i need a maid, but the agent dun have any good, she will not just push any maid to me. She will ask me go look around for other agency or wait for her to find one for me. Is a small company, so the boss herself go philippine to choose the maid herself so she would able to tell whether the maid good or not. And whenever i got problem i just call her not like those big agency whenever we call they dunno who we are need to introduce ourself agian.

i tried jbp agency(spokeman is lee nanxing) the one at bukit timah shopping centre and look for mary peck.she very good and very nice to answer your questions.she very patient when i in doubts,she will take her time to explain slowly to me.2 maid replacement total.prices are reasonable $299 for phi maid.maid loan is $2400(depend how much the maid borrow)i tried jack focus their staff are very proud although their prices are much cheaper but maid cant make it cause my friend tried.but well,maid wise is depend on the person.
need more infor email me at [email protected]
lynda

also went to both jack focus and jpb... prices r reasonable n no hidden/confusing costs. jack focus' agency fee is indeed lower but confusing as diff crit will ve diff $ attached to it... went to hougang green

I agreed with lynda that maid from Jack Facus cannot make it.Years ago I engaged their services and was not able to find a suitable maid.

1st maid selected - medical failed;
2nd maid selected - blacklisted by MOM;
3rd maid selected - refused to work for a family of five;
4th maid recommended by the boss - worked less than 3 days and could not tahan working as a maid (heard got sent back after 4 transfers);
5th maid (single and degree holder) - complained cannot handle my child;
6th maid (single and ex-hong kong) - super lazy, ate in the room n took 3 hrs nap everyday n complained cannot handle my child.

At the end, the upfront loan paid to Jack Focus was used to direct hire my old maid back to Singapore.

I do not understand why these maids find it so difficult to clean a 4-room flat, taking care of a 6 years old kid with no cooking is needed.

Claris, you employ Indon Maid. I found that most like to Keng. When they can't stand the scolding they will say they can't cope with the kid. My previous maid also like that. Can't stand get scolding from my hubby, she said she can't cope with my son who is already 2 yrs old. Furthermore no need to bath or make him sleep in the day and nite.

Hi Maureen,

Those mentioned are all filippinos. Guess they think it is easy to change employer once they are here. I tried to use an Indo transferred maid from HomeKeeper when I was pregnant this year. I was her 3rd employer and within 3 months she asked 5 times to be transferred. In fact, she wanted to go 2 days before I went for my planned c-sec but tolerated until I completed my confinement. For the 3 months she is solely doing housechores, not taking care of my girl n baby n not cooking. She does not like to go out at all, so I always carried baby and other stuffs all by myself. That was why I mentioned in my previous posting that I regretted engaging the services from Homekeeper (costs $540 to get a maid of 3 mths).

Now my current maid from JPB is with me for 1 month, she is hardworking and handles almost everythings. So my experience, I feel that JPB got better services and agency cost is reasonable.

Very very angry...

Just because today off, no child care, my girl stay home.. after lunch I let my boy n girl stay in my bedroom watching TV and maid put baby to sleep..after baby sleep(she go outside throw rubbish,which we don't know at that moment)my girl want to urine so go out ask maid to help..but maid come back from throwing rubbish..my girl can't wait and urine on the floor..maid asked my boy why can't go to mummy (ask mummy do),your mummy should do,why ask maid to do everything.. aiyo,I'm helping her,keeping my 2kids in my bedroom liao..and I just ignore her words to my boy.

After a while its time for my girl to take her afternoon nap,so both my children went out.. they make a lot of noise(shouting/screaming..)and I heard my boy said u can't leave the house with my baby sister(can hear the grill is open n closed)..

I went out and ask what's happening..she just go inside children's room with my bb.. my boy told me, my girl accidently throw something down at laundry area..and maid want to go down to take..

So I went to bedroom and asked why and what's happening, why she didn't stop or look after my kids..wah, she cry and said she is tired,don't want to work liao..immediately pack her thing and want to go..(I direct hire her)..I said where u want to go?? I find my sister(working here)..

8yrs experience?? Never thing, really no brain..think come here can do anything she like..I said I'm responsible if anything happen to her..maid call a agency, and speak tagalog.. today,agency also closed,earliest tomorrow morning..

Sonia, email to you bounced. The number for contact asia is 64662696.

Say recommended by Mr & Mrs Eang from Emmanual.

agree with meekfreak from above post in sept 2007

don't use Homelink!!!

cheated my family's money, ignored letters from CASE and ignored mediation sessions from AEAS.

btw juz wan to add that homekeeper has provided good svcs for my family

and

AEAS is very very useless. took one month to reply my email and hours to answer my call, put me on hold and forgot about me. and failed to exert any power to get homelink to come for mediation.

and

HOMELINK and HOMELINE are actually the same company. HOMELINK is the supposedly more professional looking one. and HOMELINE is the one that puts anonymous ads with no agency fee on the newspaper - i know cos I accidentally called them recently. Both are under the same management and both have had many negative stories. just search online and you'll come across various stories.

hey all...

hv also had my share of maid woes. waiting for 7th maid (in 3 years) to come now.

my new maid will come from a lady who used to work with the agency i was using, who has now set up shop on her own with a recruiter fren. she has more than 15 years experience in her previous agency so her advice to me is very valuable. as they do their own recruitment, they say they hv more bio data (and better i hope!) than others. like now is hari raya period, most agencies dun hv indon bios, but she hv plenty. anyone looking for maid urgently can pm me and i will give you her contact.

hi mummies,

i had 2 maids in 3.5 months. The first one was super lazy and was slacking in household chores. And she dint even care to cook properly whatever my mum had taught her. The second maid was good in the beginning. And then she started getting ill so we brought her to see a doc and found out via a blood test that her white blood cell count is low, which explains that she gets ill often, having bumps on her body here and there. Nevertheless, as she was good, we intended to keep her until one fine day when she started complaining that there is too much work and that she is not interested to be around. So we had no choice but to return her to the agency.

Now, can I request a refund from the agency ? I paid a total of 1000 sing dollars just for the agency fees (exclusive of insurance). The best thing is that this agency was recommended to us by a family friend and they do not have proper contractual agreements to state that refund is not feasible and etc.

So can i still go ahead and request for refund ?

Have anyone of u encountered such situations and managed to get a refund for the maids who dint work out for you ?

Should try Sunshine Plaza @ Selegie. The couple company is good & sincere. They only provide Philippino Maids.

hi Sherlyn
did u employ ur maid from the maid agency at sunshine plaza? what is the name of the agency? how much agency fee do they charge? can email me at [email protected] as i dun check the forum regularly. thanks.

how much homekeeper charge for airfare if maid is sent back after 1.5 yrs of work instd of finishing 2 yrs bec of BAD behavior? replcement fee is how much?

all mummnies,beware of BestHelper agency.their maid and their service sucks.they are only interested in pushing the maids to you and they are forever overpromising , be it the quality of their maids, the dates they can get things done, the dates and timing they can hand over the maid to you. always bullshitting and loads of rubbish excuses.and they can't even communicate with their maid well, still can tell me they can help to counsel the maid if got problem!worst agency i encountered.
i agree that Hung Chau agency in Kovan is rather good. though small, they are professional , and the staff there speak bahasa indonesia. so no problem in communication and counsellinng.and they gave good advise and expectations.

Hi,

Don't go to ACS at hougang green.. service really sucks... took your $$ now ask for replacement they dont bother you..

My friends and I all got our maids thru here:

Universal Employment Agency
Tel.67353456

If I'm not mistaken, I think they are located at Luky Plaza. It is a family run business and so far my friends and I have no major problems with our maids. My friend got both her maids from there, and my Indo maid has been with me for 1 yr. I don't check this thread often so if you would like more info, feel free to PM me.

Has anyone tried United Home Employment Agency located at Hougang Green Shopping Mall ? intend to get a maid from them, any comments pls, tks tks

Hi all,

I agree with Adrenalin that BestHelper sucks. My maid from there ran away 2 times and the 2nd time she ran to MOM! KNS! The work permit was revoked immediately by MOM but in the end the agency still charged me for the food & lodging the stupid maid incurred. They never mentioned about the charge when I ask for the refund of the placement fee. Feel so cheated.

Why do I have to pay for the maid's exps when she was already not my maid? And she was the one who ran away and not me who sent her away!

Another agency which is super lousy is Jas Employment Agency at Yio Chu Kang road (Highland Centre). Don't ever go to them.

JDM employment agency @ coronation. If time is not your assets, don't use them. I feel they are not employer friendly. One single doc also need you to bring it down to their office instead of them getting someone to drop by my office/house. Come on...they should have runner or boss on the run while we are working! And cannot wait one ok....When counselling the maid on the phone, when it's not effective, asked me to bring the maid to their agency else they cannot help!

I hired a transfer maid from JPB Management Services (Katong), who requested to go back to the agency only after working 3 days for me. I could not successfully get a replacement maid from JPB since then because the available maids that I selected do not want to look after my newborn baby. As I needed a maid urgently, I turned to another agency to employ a maid. Now JPB is refusing to process the refund of the placement fee of $2K+, the insurance fee and waiver that I have paid upfront.

I've written to the JPB management, but have no reply from them. They are shunning me and when I finally got hold of the branch manager after persistent calling, she advised me to top up another $99 on top of the agency fee that I've paid to 'upgrade' my package to a refundable package. I felt this was very unfair. Where can I go to get help?

Please dun ever ever go to BEST HELPER, they suck big time... can tell from the many posts about them. If only i have seen this page before i go to them... Got 2 maids from them both ran away, 3rd one ganna caught by me sleeping twice within 1 week, did not scold her, but she can actually ask me:" Mdm dun like i sleep? Cannot sleep?!!! 1st time caught her sleeping at 3+pm, 2nd time at 12noon!!! I tolerated and end of 1st week can tell me:" Mdm & Sir very good, i no good, pls send me back!!!!" All the maids problematic aldy nvm... the staff at Best Helper aso BIG headache... keep changing staff, always anyhow promise things, but nvr bother to do, not even mention to follow up... i complain to AEAS, they anyhow accuse me of things i nvr do... 1st staff promised tat if maid run away, no lodging fees, but 2nd maid they charged me - say i lucky they nvr charge me the 1st time liao. 3rd maid tell me my 2nd maid from 2nd day aldy not at lodging hse cos aldy selected by BOSS of Best Helper to go his hse to work, while i pay for her lodging. Exasperated with Indonesian maids, wanted to change to Philipino which aldy written in black and white with company stamp to confirm that no additional charges if want to change, the company insist promised by the 1st staff, not their problem. Force me to pay agency fee again say they change 2 maids for me aldy very gd, but contract says 3 maid change FOC and 1st staff say run away maid not counted!! Of cos i wldnt pay and went to another agency. So paid gd money to Best Helper to make my blood boil for mths and get nothing at all. Not to mention all the lodging charges, maid levy, insurance, and placement fees of all the maid that sucks big time which i still have to pay while waiting for at least a mth each for replacement.

Next is Budget maid, still not so bad except one of the staff at the Bukit Timah brance. Everything also say ok, asked her abt 0% installment, she can tell me no prob, can even use diners. On the day of fetching maid, can tell me need to pay additional $100, not written anywhere in the shop and on the contract. But im still forced to pay. Before that aldy asked if got prob complain to CASETRUST need to be a member and pay, cos i know complain to CASE needs that. She confidently tell me "mdm, no prob, we are accredited by them, so complain to them no problem, no need to be member, that is why people come to us." Pure BullSHIT!! Aft i email to CASE they tell me this:

I need to pay $10 for CASE to write a letter listing out my complains and there will be no follow up from CASE.
2) Alternatively, i can pay $25 to be a member and admin fee of $10 for CASE to handle the case to write the letter and follow up on it. If the maid agency decides not to response, CASE will go to Small Claims Tribunal on my behalf where i need to pay $10 and Small Claims will follow up from there. Meaning i have to pay $45 in order to TRY to chase back the $100 that i paid.

Lisa, I agreed with you. My previous maid and so called 1st filipino maid is from JDM. At first the maid came is ok, after a few months said want to change employer. Then they counsel her. After a few months still giving me problems. Then ended I sent her home. The agent said cannot send her back wait they complain to their company and ask for compensation cos never finish contract. I told her this maid has been giving me problem and furthermore no loan. If really they complain that is the maid between the agent not me.

All the videos they taped down are all bullshit.

Besthelper really suck, i change 4 maids with them and all like shit.

1st maid stole money and her bio all fake one, stated single but actually got a 2 years old son somemone wanted to jump down from my 19th storey flat when I refuse to lend her money, come 1 month only want to lend money, I don understand.

2nd one blur like sotong, don dare to stay alone at home, don know how to do housework somemore bio state got 2 years exp, worst steal money to buy food, aiyo faint...

3rd one exp singapore 2 years, used to take care old lady, think she veri smart, actually write alot of nonsense and place it all around my house to inform other maid how bad is it to work at my house and tat we are all devils. finally one day run away fm my hse to the agency. Agent call me and say tat maid complaint we did not give her food and abuse her. I so angry and ask her to go to the hospital and police station with me, see whether her stupid weight got drop a not and any bruise or scar on her body, don dare to go with me

4th one is the current one I have now, claim to have 3 years plus exp in spore, look good at first sight, but eventually is another piece of shit. Don know how to clean house and talk alot, Stubborn don wan to listen to others, forgetful and think she veri smart, my mother gave her some money every week to buy food she likes to eat, eventually did not buy food, use the money buy phone card and steal my brother's old handphone to make call, catch her already still want to deny, very good lier, tell lie and still can put up with the most pure innocent face. Suddenly disappear in the middle of the night and tell me she think she too fat go climbing up and down the staircase to do exercise, but actually steal my mother's handphone again and talk downstair. Somemore got bangladesh worker call her when I am scolding her with the stupid handphone in my hand. I pass the phone to her and she say wrong number. 5 mins later the same man call again and tell me "JUST NOW HE CALL WRONG NUMBER", she think we all stupid, like her PIG. My district cofee shop every body knows her, why lei, wear very sexy short with almost half the ass boucing up and down while carrying my bb there to pick up my elder son from tuition, one hand carrying my bb one hand on the phone laughing loudly, KNS, real famous. Worst of all very bad attitude, etc etc

Really tired of changing and changing maid......if change another one got start all over again, aiyo sian

May, i tink change better la... And change to other agency.. i tink their stock of maids cannot make it wan. My fren aso used them aso cha lek.. A uncle i saw at the agency aso say suan le suan le.. cos he aldy go there to change maid 10 times liao.. better change now then waste more time aft she decide to run away again... i tink their maid is famous for running away.

Anyway the 3 maids i got from them, names are Solekah, Siti and Sholikah.. All cannot make it, when i got time, will tell what happened... But tink better not to use them if by any chance got them as transfer maid..

Aiyo icyclaw, i went to besthelper when i was about 5 months pregnant, non stop changing maid from them till my bb was borned and until my bb was 5 months old and got tis idiot maid, very good in telling lie, face won't change colour one. Initially she presented herself very well, can speak mandarin and understand hokkien, look very "professional", even the agent herself say she was good. After 5 months working for me, than i know she suck, good for nothing, teach her also no use, a while later forget, she think she very smart cos experience mah, wan to stick to her stupid way of doing things, scold until vomit blood and still so thick skin, everytime say 'sorry, sorry' but never change. Finally i gave up, let her rot on her own. But one day when i visited the saloon near my place, the hairdresser started to tell me every things she noticed about my maid when she was at the coffee shop, wah lau damn boil i tell you, no wonder my baby not attached to her after so many months even if she play with him day and night, see her like see ghost, of course lah, when she bring my baby down for a stroll, she was always on the phone leaving my baby there starring at her like a moron, u think baby no feeling meh, they can feel who love them and who pretend to love them ok. Somemore got the face to ask me how baby don like her, I ASK HER GO AND DIE LOR

Now i confiscated all her salary cos she used to keep herself so no money to buy phonecard to call whoever her sweetheart and most impt of all, no more 'sorry ah, i call the wrong number just now'

The worst part is trying to win my hubby heart by telling him that she very ke lian, cos ah mah alway scold her if she sleep early, shit, i hold her hand and confronted her infront of hubby and my mother, than she say oh not alway lah, only one time when she forgot to switch off something and go to sleep, than the next morning my mother scolded her, thats all, u see, maid nowaday very smart k. so i tell her don talk nonsense to my hubby, we r husband and wife and there is no secret between us, wat shit she tell my hubby, he will tell me, so don waste time.

May, i had to pay levys and all the things for 9 mths and got maid at my hse for less 6mths... Went AEAS, they also super cha lek, when i complained, they did nothing i asked them again 2mths later, the mgr there say the gal who was there made a messs of everything therte.. so they are trying to reorganise... a few weeks ago, this malay or indian lady call me to say Best Helper aldy returned me the placement fee, so what am i complaining abt? I told her abt the lodging charges that they made me pay and for not fulfilling contract, so they shld pay me back the agency fee. She say Best Helper say i ask the gal to go and die - trying to imply since that is the case, i have not right to ask for refunds!! And best part is i never did! After i repeated my stand, she say will get back to me and after a few weeks email me to say that they aldy refund me the placement fee, case should be closed. After i emailed back to repeat my stand again, they nevr got back to me. By now at least 1 mth aldy. And when i asked her abt me having proof that Siti is underage and Best Helper know and they are just covering up, they obviously do not care... I tell u, MOM, AEAS & Case all cannot be depended on want. I wrote in to REACH and all they can do is ask CASE to get back to me. Repeated that CASE is asking me to be a member etc and till date never get back to me.

Don go to Pro-maids located at Bedok. Their maids are terrible. Their biodatas are bullshit. I got 4 maids from them, all cannot make it. 1st maid works for 5 months, cant even take care of my son, my boy shit and she stand there to watch he play with the shit. So angry and sent her back for replacement. They told me this maid got 2 yrs experience in taking care of toddler, bullshit, the maid told me she only work in jkt as factory worker. 2nd maids came, everyday stop work at 7pm, went shower and apply lotion then sat there to wait for bedtime. Scolded her also useless, tahan her for a wk then sent back. Another maid came, on her biodata stated she worked in Malaysia for 2 yrs, looked after 3 children, age, 3,5&7. Came here, the maid indeeh worked in Malaysia b4 but never take care of children, she looked after 3 dogs and cooked for her own meal n food for the dogs. OMG, i nearly vomit blood, worked for me for 2 months and she went missing. Since this agency provided the free replacement, they give me another maid for replacement. This 4th maid is the worst maid i have, she got mental problem. Such an unprofessional service, the 1st week given me problem. I sent her back and ask for refund. Terrible agent, somemore tell me so many rubbish. Wonder if i can lodge a complaint to MOM for false biodatas provided. The gal that liase with me, still can tell me they are not sure if the biodatas are correct as they do not check, they are base on the information given by their supplier from Indonesia. Stupid right, they don even know the own product and sell to us?

Micky

Promaid agency is terrible and I think they have lost their credibility as years go by...

Thanks for the post and double confirm that they are lousy maid agency.

hey joy747... you can try my agent, shirley from MDS @ katong shopping centre. she is very responsible and helpful and experienced so can give you a lot of advise. she has a lot of bios from indonesia. you can contact her @ 63447665, and she will help you to the best she can.

Hi,

I too will be getting a maid for the 1st time. Would appreciate any recommendation for maid agency. I understand Besthelper, ACS (hougang), Promaid, Nation do not have very good reviews. I recently pop by a maid agency at sunshine plaza along bencoolen st. Seems all nice and sincere. Any idea what is the average agency fee, i've encountered from $88-$680. Quite a spread.

Many thanks

Like all mums we wanna get good maid. The trick is to find a GOOD AGENT, not a good agency. Find someone who you can contact personally to handle your case, and not treat you like a number, at the big agencies.

I'm lucky to get this contact from a mummy in this forum, so passing it on. Her name is Iris. Agency name is Team 3. Tel: 68447440.

They specialise in maids for elderly care, but also source for normal maid for baby care. They send a Singaporean down to Philippines to personally interview maids and select them. Tell her all your requirements, she does not anyhow push maids to you. But means you may have to wait for some biodatas, but it's worth the wait I think.

I didn't have to go to the agency at all. Iris will bring the maid to your house, bring all the docs for you to sign, bring maid to MOM for you.

The agent fee is less than $400 if I remember correctly. 1 free replacement.

MDS @ Katong, saw the thread in motherhood, tried them out, non-stop problems and headaches, talk very professional, lie very nicely and very, super understanding but all bullshit. tell you all the time that she will not anyhow match maids to you but actually bullshit.

Back