Any recommendation on gd maid agency?

Walked in to Super xx agency at Far East Shopping Centre today. An agent by the name of May has poor attitude just because I am a local. She did not even want to attend to my enquiry & got another Filipino staff to do so. A moment later a Caucasian walked in & she attended to her with a totally different attitude. Obvious discrimination & double standard. Are local customers paying any lesser for the fee than Caucasians? Even so, we are still paying for service, not free. A Chinese despising Chinese, what an irony!  She is despising herself & her family too. Don't ever think of patronising them if you are not Caucasian because it is not worth paying them the high agency fee in return for sub-standard service. They don't need the local's business anyway.

Extremely poor service from Universal Maid Agency... DO NOT EVEN CONSIDER using these people. Refused to replace maid when she decided to return to Philippines and no sympathy on costs. Sent me a very rude email which retaining for legal recourse.

Take your money and dun screen maids.

Expensive.

Even complain to MOM abot them. Lost 1.3k

I feel there is no such thing as a good maid agency. Personally, if one gets a bad maid (unless the agency really screens the maid which is really unlikely and almost impossible for fresh maids), either have to live with her or keep praying the next one is good. With all the MOM rules and all the princess maids nowadays, I rather worked like a cow then keep paying their salary, the things they broke, pay for maid utilities and food and get lousy work from them. This is after I tolerated a bad maid for 1 year plus. The financial stress(she broke and damage so many things and I have to keep buying) and most, the mental stress (keep wondering what else she can cause damage to kids and house and always have to pre empt her behaviour, eg draw curtains for no reason but leave the house forgetting to close window, small thing but if it rains, I will probably have to replace whole parquet floor which by the way already is rain sod marks because it is so hard for her to close the windows).

If the maid is bad, the most they can do to help is process your refund quickly, since insurance is processed by insurance company, no difference and supply a new maid quickly but honestly, if they do not have good maids, you end up waiting forever also since this depends very much on supply.

Of course, agencies like universal sg which really seems terrible from the start, are the ones everyone should really avoid.

When I look for agencies, after so many tries, I realise the ones that are really fierce and will question maids are those that are slightly better necause they have alrrady put some fear into the maids. I do not like to control by fear, but I realise in my experience, if the maids do not have a little fear or mainly respect or just think one is soft hearted, they will give you trouble.

The other thing to consider is this, I always tell my maids, there ,frequent bad work (knowing how to do but dont do)doesnt entitle return to agenc and I will always tell them, if anything happens to my kids, i will not hesitate to put the law on them until they get punishment

I have a good helper for transfer.. takes very good care of my 21 month old daughter for the past 1 year and 5 months.. am sad to "let her go" as we will be relocating overseas due to husband's work commitment. Please PM me if interested.

I have a good helper for transfer.. takes very good care of my 21 month old daughter for the past 1 year and 5 months.. am sad to "let her go" as we will be relocating overseas due to husband's work commitment. Please PM me if interested.
Hi, Newbie mum,

Please pm me / email [email protected] if your maid is still available for transfer. My current maid wants to go back next year March. So I am looking for one.

hi, any latest feedback on Dans Services? Will they side with the maid rather than the employer since the agency is filipino-owned?

Dont go to Madam Slyvia! They only care about signing you into contract. They dont care about getting you a good maid or getting a good employer for maids. They just profit by volume.

First maid, I was recommended an inexperienced fresh kampong Phillipino maid who keng so much & cried crocodile tears and said she wanted to go back to agency after working for only 2 days. Treated her very well with afternoon naps and even starbuck coffees. After 2 weeks she started asking for a radio so that she can work better.. then I finally found out she wants to work for a white employer.2nd maid is Indonesian also keng and didnt wash bathroom for over 5 days & every other day, I'll find fresh scratch marks on my 1 year old.

Thereafter, Ivy, the stuck-up sister of Agency boss, Slyvia, cannot be found on the phone. She will give u the boh-chap attitude. Either that or omce you chose any maid,, the consultants will tell you the maids have been taken. When you ask for Transfer maids, Ivy will tell you none are suitable or that the maids are willful and will return bavk to agency within 2, 3 days. Then they will tell you once they find suitable maids, they will call you or email you maids biodata. They never do.

Yes I agreed totally with FaithT. Do not go to Madam Sylvia in Katong Shopping centre. I have v bad experience with them. Ivy and Calvin. They are very pro-maids and they can't wait for your maids to go back to them so that they can make another round of profit from you and the maid. Observe their maids sitting there. No discipline, I was sitting there and they are bz talking among themselves and passing peanuts. I ask Calvin if its the way he handle their maids then he scolded them to behave. To me, he scold scold for show only. Maids cant wait to go back to agency. I had a pinoy maid from them, keep wanting to work for Ang moh. I dont know what gives them the impression they can find angmoh. Perhaps the maid agency advise them they could change if they unhappy.
I finally send my maid back to them aft she slapped my son for a leaking diaper!! I found scratch marks on my daughter's back. I called the police and police gave her stern warning
When I send her back to agent, instead of reprimanding the maid, ivy still got the cheek to tell me... you call police also no use one la. They cannot do anything. Said that infront of my maid. Imagine the sickening look I got from the maid!! Avoid this agency at all cost. They love to recycle maids they also love ang mohs. So If u are not 1, dont go!

I think that good maid agencies are very rare now. So we should recommend those that provide good services to benefit us employers.
I have tried some big agencies before and i have to say that their service really sucks. Follow-up services after collecting the deposit were really terrible and always difficult to reach them either by phone or email. Good customer service was non-existence with hardly any smiles when talking to you.
So i will like to recommend the agency which i have chosen and really very satisfied with the services provided by this agency - 1st Class Maids & Employment Agency.
From the interview to handover of the maid, i didn't have to step out of my house because the business owner - Ted brought the maids to my house for interviews, paperwork and finally handover the maid on the transfer date. This is really different from many agencies which i had to go all the way to their offices to get anything done.
Initially i was abit concern because they are a relatively new agency, but he proved me wrong because he was very patient with all the questions i had for him and was answering my sms, whatsapp & emails even late at night. He is always reachable even when overseas while he goes to Philippines or Myanmar to interview the maids.
Even after handover of the maid, he is still reachable if i have any concerns or questions.
So far i have recommended him to several of my friends & relatives and they only have thumb ups for his service levels.
I am not getting anything out of this recommendation, only just want to share a good agency which is very rare nowadays

hello mummies,

i took my maid from Faith Employment Agency. the boss monica runs the agency herself so its very personalized service and she takes time to understand your needs and what u r looking for then she recommends a few suitable applicants to u as she personally interviews all of them.

i have to say that her agency fees are not those cheap kind but she explained to me why her fees are such and to me it makes sense. she says its wrong for the poor maid to come in with high salary deduction. my maid only came in with 3 mths salary deduction. she told me alot of unethical agencies to close business they charge us employers very cheap but put the rest of the cost on the maid so they come in with 6-8 mths loan. can u imagine ourselves working for 6-8 mths with no pay? and she said these are the agencies that usually have alot of transfer maids bcoz they dont care. the real client is the maid and not us as the maid paid much more than us. and they will not give u any back up service. basically u pay peanuts, expect to get monkeys. No screening, lousy maids. and if u r lucky to get a gd maid, she may not be happy working for u after awhile as she realised she has been shortchanged coz her loan soo high.

so bcoz i did not want all that hassle and an unhappy maid, hubby & i decided to pay a proper agency and have a high morale maid.
so indeed she has been with me for 1 year. my baby is turning 11 mths old soon and she is fantastic. i can work with peace of mind knowing she is in good hands. my helper is very patient, obedient and hardworking and doesnt go offs. oh ya this agent encourage all maids to have no offs one and dont give hp so i like her. she is very strict with the maids and i left my maid at her house for 1 week training orientation before i picked her up.
i also paid extra $100 as my helper has a nursing background. Thumbs up to this agency.
now i just hope my helper renews her contract with me after 2 yrs. :)

a few of my mummy friends also took maids from her and 3 of them all came very good as well!

anyway her contact no is 64471636 Monica
gd luck mummies!

Hi Aishah
My #2 maid gotten from Dans. find their charges reasonable and after sales service is also gd. recently, ask e agency to check some stuff for maid and she response promptly.

u can whacky on their charges to others. but most impt sincere in helping
Or you can go to katong shopping centre #01-11 United Channel Employment Agency
You can look for Sherlynn to help you what is your requirement
Tel 64400047

Hi,

i would like to start off by saying i am not an employment agency. just recommending an agency that i thought is good.

Took a maid from this agency 4 months back. Small office but personalised services. Not those bigger branches where it is too sales oriented and pushing me to simply take a maid from them. Took time to understand my needs (elderly mum) and made recommendation which i think suit my needs.

Current maid is hardworking. Only drawback is sometimes i need to repeat a few times as she is a little slow. Good thing she is attentive.

The agency that i took from informed me that if i find her service good to recommend more frds. And she will give them a discount. Anyone needs a reliable maid agency contact can email me at [email protected] or sms 87174414 (Not sure how much discount can get though as she never mention, but i think should be reasonable)

Don't ever ever go to Madam Sylvia agency in Katong! The boss is super keng when they want your biz... Promise u everything but super no-chap after getting your biz and worse don't even do any thing when the deal fails; can even say doing you a favor by charging you the same fee to get a transfer maid.

This happened twice and I should have learnt my lesson after the first but my wife insist on giving them a chance. In the first incident, Calvin who is no longer working there got me a maid but decided not to come to SG eventually, instead of helping me say still must charge me for the procedures done so far. In the latest incident recently, we went to them in Dec '15 although my maid is only returning to Philippines in May '16 as we wanted the new maid to come earlier in April in order for the old maid to train her. Being kiasu couples, we called the agency frequently to ensure that the maid is still coming. Just last week, we went down to prepare my other maid's renewal permit and was even assured them that the new maid is coming end of the month. Then last minute, someone called us to tell us that the maid is no longer coming. Being so near to my maid's departure, we were panicking cos there is not other plan. Mdm Sylvia told us to pick one from the transfer maid list and still say they need to charge us full fees and is already a special privilege the boss is giving us, else they charge higher. I do not know to laugh or cry anymore but we have no choice but to proceed.

To sum in up, do not ever go to Madam Sylvia if you want good maids!!

Do not go to A Pratama Employment Agency at Bukit Timah. She recommended 2 Mymmar maids and none met our family requirements in 3 months.

First maid actually quarrelled with them on the day before we picked her up as the maid wanted to work in landed with her own room. Both parties did not tell us when we picked her up the next day. After sharing room with my kids for 1 month, the maid requested to transfer and that was when we found out.

The second maid (Thidar Nyunt - WP 92977757) is now requesting for transfer as I scolded her for hiding in the air conditioned gym for an hour instead of watching over my kids at the swimming pool and letting them play downstairs at the carpark alone while she stayed at home.

Since she no longer wants to work for us and kept threatening the safety of our kids, we decided to let her transfer.

If you have toodlers or children, I strongly discourage you from hiring her for the safety of your children.

Last edited:
Hi Joy

Nowadays maids choose employers rather than we choose them, Sign!!!
They don't even have any sense of responsibilities. I caught my maid instead of walking my dog sitting down on a bench. I told her to walk the dog and not to sit the dog. At night she said she is not happy and request for transfer. Joke!!!

Have used 21st century of Katong Shopping Center like 4 years ago, i was attended by Yohana and she had help me to select suitable FDW based on my requirements, i found her v responsible and not simply pushing me to quickly close the deal , like there was a couple of FDW which i liked based on biodata and appearance and she frankly feel that it may not be suitable although she could easily just agreed with my choice and quickly close the sales ; she help me gauge by conducting video/phone interview , we finally settled for a Filipino whom is not our 1st choice maybe our 3rd choice but yohana strongly recommend... She turn out to be great .. Have been working for us for 4 years and just went back...we r really happy with this helper that Yohana have selected and recommended to us thus will be going back to them again for the next maid.
Like many have said that looking for a good and reliable fdw require lotsa of luck but i think a responsible agent whom help to screen , select and match the maid base on each household requirements will increase the chances of success ...

Hi, you can speak to Yohana or madeline ... Not sure u spell correctly... 21st century of Katong Branch.

I think u can also check if the agency good or not by checking if there is many transfer maid in the agency, pretend to look for transfer maid and see if the agency got how many transfer case , the more they have ; indicate more wrong matches .. Which is a bad sign.

Yes i agree ... It is a headache to go to various agencies and poring thru so many biodata, plus the charges r so high nowadays ...
If possible , find someone to recommended n direct interview n hire ...

Beware of Spring Helper Consultancy in the East, at Roxy Plaza. This maid agent is extremely cunning & money minded, who is only keen to transfer helpers for extra profit at the expense of the employer who had suffered so much monetary loss in engaging their poor quality of helpers. This agent failed to practise what’s stated in the employment contract, the clause where a helper needs to give 30 days’ notice in lieu of payment if she decides to terminate the contract early. As I failed to remember this clause during my negotiation with the agent, (since I signed the contract way back in April), they took advantage of my carelessness by cunningly remaining silent about it until I naively authorised the transfer of the helper to a new employer. It was only after the transfer was done, I remembered about this clause, but the agent refuses to refund me the notice sum. If this is a responsible agent, they would have notified me about this clause during our negotiation, since the agreement was drafted by the agent themselves, (for the employment contract between helper & me). By right, the agent is representing both the employer & the helper, so they must be non-bias towards any party, yet this agent is very pro helper. Because with every successful transfer, there is more profits to reap. The whole negotiation session really opens my eyes to see how this agent bend themselves backwards in giving in to the helper just for the extra profit, without considering the plight of the employer's loss of a large sum of money in hiring a helper from them who only worked 4 days with me! Avoid this scheming agent at all cost!! Just to add on, their POEA processing fee is way higher than average quoted by many other agencies. I made the mistake of not doing research for comparison before engaging this agent. So be careful there might be hidden costs in their fees schedule. On the surface, their service fee seems reasonable, but in reality, extra costs may be hidden in other charges. The painful lesson I learnt here is before transferring a helper, make sure u scrutinise every clause of the contract, else cunning agent like this one takes advantage of unsuspecting customers.

Back