Gynae recommendation for high risk pregnancy 2023 - Twins, miscarriage, stillbirth

kohloh

Hi ladies,

Any gynae recommendation for high risk pregnancy? I lost my daughter at week 32 in Jun this year. Post-mortem report shows the placenta was abnormally small. After trying to conceive naturally for 4 months, there was no good news for me so I started IVF and potentially get pregnant next year. I am contemplating to transfer 2 embryos to increase the chance of pregnancy. However, there might be a chance of having twins if I transfer 2 embryos. I know having twins is not easy and it can develop complication especially for me who had stillbirth experience before. On the other side, I am thinking it's good if I got twins because I am close to 40 yo already.
I would like to hear from twins mummies here on your personal experience having twins and the gynae you visited.

If it's okay with you to go to a private clinic, I would recommend Dr Chris Ng. He helped me get through a high-risk pregnancy a few years ago (my first) - at the time I was a little over 35 years old, but I know at that age pregnancies really become high risk (more so multiple pregnancies). Dr Ng also offers IVF consults so he can better guide you on your next steps. Best of luck to you and stay safe and healthy!

Back