any 35 and above trying for their first?

I didn't really test to check what I am allergic to. Just that I had bad allergy rash when I started clomid, did the injections (gonal-f and cetrotide) and on utrogestan. Did all one after another so can't really tell.
U do not wanna try again? I did develop an allergy before my big op, and it was bad but it's a must do process so I am determined to try it again. And the 2nd time it went all well...

To all TTC ladies out there,

I just want to say don't get disheartened !! I am 40 n is now 33 weeks pregnant, I have gone thru the disappointment n crying parts just like anyone who is TTC. Also got frustrated with failed treatments. This is not my 1st pregnancy but is my 1st baby !! Cannot imagine how grateful we are everyday for baby progress till now.

I just want to say don't get disheartened !! I am 40 n is now 33 weeks pregnant, I have gone thru the disappointment n crying parts just like anyone who is TTC. Also got frustrated with failed treatments. This is not my 1st pregnancy but is my 1st baby !! Cannot imagine how grateful we are everyday for baby progress till now.
Congrats! May I know did u try natural?

Well shared! success stories to keep the ttc sisters to stay hopeful! congrats sis!

@oceandeep78: Hihi!!!! How are you? I'm back for a while.. still dealing with my work peak....

To all sisters out there, be it trying natural, IUI or IVF.. Jiayou...and hope everything went well for every each of you.

Me trying natural at the moment, partly I want to spend some time to tiao my body through TCM and also I'm facing peak period in my work... Will decide to start SO-IUI in August if I'm still cannot strike "TOTO" in July when my AF comes in August..... by then.. time to call up KK lo....*Keep my fingers crossed bah...*

@oceandeep78: Hihi!!!! How are you? I'm back for a while.. still dealing with my work peak....

To all sisters out there, be it trying natural, IUI or IVF.. Jiayou...and hope everything went well for every each of you.

Me trying natural at the moment, partly I want to spend some time to tiao my body through TCM and also I'm facing peak period in my work... Will decide to start SO-IUI in August if I'm still cannot strike "TOTO" in July when my AF comes in August..... by then.. time to call up KK lo....*Keep my fingers crossed bah...*
Hi-five chubby! I am also planning to try naturally next month before seeing gynae to explore natural iui. Reduced my acupuncture to once a week liao and now still trying desperately to lose some weight.

I should be ttcing in late July...cycle this time so short! 23 days and period came liao. My body really abit hay wire now. duh. FRom 30 days to now 23 days. Wonder if I will be able to catch my O next month.

i might do again in Aug/Sept. im seeing my Dr tomorrow for my May failed FET cycle... see what he says but i prefer to take a break n adjust my body back to normal first. hate all these western med...

Hi baby sparkles.
Same here. Hated those western med especially when I had such a bad rash episode! Now getting better but I really trying to reinstate my body to old state. I think for now, I just take folic acid not even conceive gold.

Hi Oceandeep78: Remember to stay positive! All the best ya. Hope to hear good news from you.....
Hi Baby_sparkles: seems like the three of us are the same...fancy natural stuff... Same to you, jiayou!!!!

Jiayou baby_sparkles and Chubby1314! Not easy, I know. I am trying to stay as positive as I can but it's really hard. I am turning to my religion to keep my sanity :)
Do you all take ur bbt? I have never tried taking my bbt always rely on o strips. I think for my next cycle, I am going to be more diligent and test my o in the morning and when I come home from office.

I'm new to this, thought I'd share my personal experience. I had a mc about 3yrs ago as the sac wasn't growing, we were quite devastated when we heard the news. We did try all these while but nth happens while people around you have been getting preggie. We went to NUS fertility in 2012 or early 2013 hoping they would help us in conceiving, ended up is a total waste of time. Well, to cut short of my long history, we went to see Dr SF Loh last year, and he was really nice to talk with. End up I have to do IUI due to my stubborn body, so I actually did the procedure last week, supposingly to go for blood test to check for pregnancy next week. Am really nervous and worried about the outcome, wonder how I will react to the outcome when the results are out. :oops:

Darkrain75, just stay positive and dun worry too much.

Jts: For us who finally got pregnant after trying for years, my advice is work will now take a back seat and the bb take the front seat. Dun risk the bb for work, esp after trying for many years. It is not worth it.
I sold my life to work then and was worried abt wk when I finally got preggy. I was spotting and vomitting. My bff told me:"it will not be worth it to lose the bb bc of wk. Your co will not pay you bk a bb."
What she said was right. My bff is a v family oriented person. She emphasis alot on work life bal. Though not earning like super salary but I think she is a vvvv great mom.
So dear mommies, rem to put bb as no.1 once you have conceived successfully.

Darkrain75, just stay positive and dun worry too much.

Jts: For us who finally got pregnant after trying for years, my advice is work will now take a back seat and the bb take the front seat. Dun risk the bb for work, esp after trying for many years. It is not worth it.
I sold my life to work then and was worried abt wk when I finally got preggy. I was spotting and vomitting. My bff told me:"it will not be worth it to lose the bb bc of wk. Your co will not pay you bk a bb."
What she said was right. My bff is a v family oriented person. She emphasis alot on work life bal. Though not earning like super salary but I think she is a vvvv great mom.
So dear mommies, rem to put bb as no.1 once you have conceived successfully.

Hi your-attoney, thanks. Trying my best to stay positive and at the same time pray to God too. But there are times when you really feel down when colleagues, sis in law is pregnant. And I totally agreed with you to put bb as top priority, the company won't pity you or anything so really is not worth it.

Same here. I don't have a career just a job hence I feel now is the best time for me to conceive as I really wanna wholeheartedly care for my bb.
I am at my wit's end because really not sure what is preventing me from getting preggy besides my age and weight. Really trying hard to lose some weight during this break. Thou I had MC last year, is it possible for my tubes to be blocked? I read somewhere that even the HSG procedure is painful?

I'm new to this, thought I'd share my personal experience. I had a mc about 3yrs ago as the sac wasn't growing, we were quite devastated when we heard the news. We did try all these while but nth happens while people around you have been getting preggie. We went to NUS fertility in 2012 or early 2013 hoping they would help us in conceiving, ended up is a total waste of time. Well, to cut short of my long history, we went to see Dr SF Loh last year, and he was really nice to talk with. End up I have to do IUI due to my stubborn body, so I actually did the procedure last week, supposingly to go for blood test to check for pregnancy next week. Am really nervous and worried about the outcome, wonder how I will react to the outcome when the results are out. :oops:
Darkrain, jiayou jiayou! I know how you feel. People around me also getting preggy so easily. However, I must say they are younger than me so I guess there's the advantage.
Was your IUI natural or stimulated?

Same here. I don't have a career just a job hence I feel now is the best time for me to conceive as I really wanna wholeheartedly care for my bb.
I am at my wit's end because really not sure what is preventing me from getting preggy besides my age and weight. Really trying hard to lose some weight during this break. Thou I had MC last year, is it possible for my tubes to be blocked? I read somewhere that even the HSG procedure is painful?
HSG is not painful, it's just like pap smear and when your AF is here. U shld go do it at least to get an answer. Actually I think childbirth we also willing to go thru, this kinda pains should be nothing la. Brave on! :)

I just went to SGH O&G and doc took some blood from me, and ordered for a scan for my follicles while hb needs to do SA.

As I go back, I keep thinking to myself shld I try IUI instead of IVF. My mind has been quite fixed on IVF but Dunno y as I walk out, I keep thinking.

Any comments?

emm i feel IVF is better. higher chance of success and i feel IUI is a waste of time. thats my personal opinion... cos IVF really eliminates chances of bad egg and bad troops.. for IUI we are not sure if the bad egg ovulates, or bad troops meet the egg. and not sure even if they will successfully swim up for the mating.

but then having said that there are successful cases of BFP.. maybe im jus the unlucky one with two rounds of IUI

emm i feel IVF is better. higher chance of success and i feel IUI is a waste of time. thats my personal opinion... cos IVF really eliminates chances of bad egg and bad troops.. for IUI we are not sure if the bad egg ovulates, or bad troops meet the egg. and not sure even if they will successfully swim up for the mating.

but then having said that there are successful cases of BFP.. maybe im jus the unlucky one with two rounds of IUI
Actually that's what I feel too, IUI waste of time. But the doc says seems like I am O-ing so unless HB soldiers are no good, else IUI should do the trick....

Darkrain, jiayou jiayou! I know how you feel. People around me also getting preggy so easily. However, I must say they are younger than me so I guess there's the advantage.
Was your IUI natural or stimulated?

Hello! Am waiting for next Thurs to do blood test to see the result whether it's successful. Erm....there's a diff between natural or stimulated in IUI? My gynae told me to take puregon for about 3 weeks (different dosage each time), so when finally there's result, he wants me to take 1 injection for ovulation, now is the waiting period to see if your $$ has been thrown into the sea or finally there's something really to be happy about.

watever choice u gals make, just be positive, and dont look back :)

follow ur heart.

Ya, actually should have done it soon after my miscarriage, but I dilly dally here thought of trying to conceive naturally....haiz....anyway, just hope everything goes well. Sometimes really have to pray a lot and also luck.

I also feel ivf higher chances but then my body allergic to the drugs so guess I don't have a choice there. Darkrain, don't worry too much. Come what may. It's not too late to do fertility treatment now. Jiayou jiayou!

I think you'd do HSG to see if the tubes are block (just to be sure), i didn't know 1 side of mine was blocked only after I went through. I took some painkiller before I did the HSG, I heard it's painful, kiasu of me...hahahaha. Now after I did my IUI, I don't even noe if what are the signs for successful implants, some people say will feel bloated, not too sure if I feel that way...

baby_Sparkles, never as I have not done IVF before but seems to me that ivf patients also take clomid, gonal-f etc which I think I am allergic to.
The gynae who did my IUI said I am allergic to utrogestan?!

I think you'd do HSG to see if the tubes are block (just to be sure), i didn't know 1 side of mine was blocked only after I went through. I took some painkiller before I did the HSG, I heard it's painful, kiasu of me...hahahaha. Now after I did my IUI, I don't even noe if what are the signs for successful implants, some people say will feel bloated, not too sure if I feel that way...

Hi Darkrain, so was HSG painful for you afterall?
I guess every pregnancy differs from person to person. Sometimes really can't read too much into the symptoms. Will drive you nuts!
Hope you relax and let nature take its course.

Hi Darkrain, so was HSG painful for you afterall?
I guess every pregnancy differs from person to person. Sometimes really can't read too much into the symptoms. Will drive you nuts!
Hope you relax and let nature take its course.

Hi Oceandeep, actually before I went for my HCG, i pop about 2 painkillers so I really don't feel anything, just some uncomfortable. The painkiller that I took is those slightly stronger dosage, u can only buy from Guardian (pharmacy), can't really remember the name of the pills. But I guess is how the stuff do it. Don't have to worry too much.

Sadz! :( AF arrived. Much early than usual, don know why.. Guess... got to restart another run of ovulation testing and BBT after my AF says sayonara...

I agreed with darkrain75 to do the HSG thingy. I have done mine and discovered one tubes blocked plus with some other obstacles. HSG, to me, was very painful...and ends up with two doctors attending me then. Subsequently, I was bleeding for a few days like menses coming. :( If can, take painkiller if you want... to relieve the pain.

ladies- just to share: I did my HsG and it was totally painless. just a bit uncomfortable when the tube is put inside u but nothing you can't endure. really like a PAP smear when gynae takes some cell samples. I think it is good to go for it cos it gives u a peace of mind when u get an all clear.

Thanks all for sharing about HSG. I think I have no choice and to do liao. If it's like pap smear then its wonderful cause I really didn't feel anything at all. Nevertheless, I hope my gynae is skilful enough to do a painless one for me.
Chubby, my menses last day tomorrow and gonna start tracking my o liao. However, still not ready to ttc yet. Will wait for next AF to come then all out to ttc. Don't be too sad ya. My gynae said the more we "practise", the better we get. Just have to keep trying if we aren't going for fertility treatment. (well at least for me)

ocean deep78: HSG is not done by your gynae but another doctor. mine was done on CD9. TMC permits HSG only from CD8-10 so must plan carefully the timing. book soon ok?

Back