Advise on Baby & Maid Exps

Hi Mummies,I have confirmed on a transfer maid and she is coming this wed.Can I check with you mummies how long does MOM need to take to approve on maid application?I confirmed the maid on 16/Dec and before I confirm, the agent told me I can collect the maid on 19/Dec.On 19/Dec, I called agent and she said MOM hasn't approve my application.Ask me to wait till Fri. On Fri, again I called to check, she said MOM hasn't update my maid's medical report so she hasn't submit my application.Really make my blood boil.Me n hb rush to agent to see what the lady is up to, then she kinda act and say she calling MOM now to check...ask us to wait outside.After she is done, she said..MOM approve already. 24/Dec she will help us buy insurance and etc...and we can collect maid on 26/Dec. I dont know if I can really collect her on 26/Dec. I really wonder what other excuse is she goin to give.Now I have many minus points on the agent and is very disappointed.I wonder the maid really fit in my expectation.When I interview my maid,her reason for being transferred is because she has to cook many many times for her ex-employer and she wash car late at about 11pm and slp at 1am. So she ask for transfer.We pity her and say giv her a chance to work for us.Hope she appreciate and work hard.Then the day when we go n find agent to ask y our application not submitted, we actually interviewed another maid while she 'acting to call MOM'.This maid give us exactly the same reason why she is transferred. I almost fainted... Means agent has been teaching them wat to say.Is it true that these agents teach the maid to be bad just to kip rolling their money in...Now I know y maids alwayz wan transfer. I think tis is wat taught by the agent.But agent told me the other day, they learn it from the test they gone thru before coming to Singapore. Now i feel everything she said are bullshit. Are all agents the same? Haiz...she told me if maid got prob, brin them to let her counsel...now i feel if i send my maid to see her..sure gone case. she oni teach bad tings.how to make us dunwan her..!! Very headache...

Hi Mummies,I have confirmed on a transfer maid and she is coming this wed.Can I check with you mummies how long does MOM need to take to approve on maid application?I confirmed the maid on 16/Dec and before I confirm, the agent told me I can collect the maid on 19/Dec.On 19/Dec, I called agent and she said MOM hasn't approve my application.Ask me to wait till Fri. On Fri, again I called to check, she said MOM hasn't update my maid's medical report so she hasn't submit my application.Really make my blood boil.Me n hb rush to agent to see what the lady is up to, then she kinda act and say she calling MOM now to check...ask us to wait outside.After she is done, she said..MOM approve already. 24/Dec she will help us buy insurance and etc...and we can collect maid on 26/Dec. I dont know if I can really collect her on 26/Dec. I really wonder what other excuse is she goin to give.Now I have many minus points on the agent and is very disappointed.I wonder the maid really fit in my expectation.When I interview my maid,her reason for being transferred is because she has to cook many many times for her ex-employer and she wash car late at about 11pm and slp at 1am. So she ask for transfer.We pity her and say giv her a chance to work for us.Hope she appreciate and work hard.Then the day when we go n find agent to ask y our application not submitted, we actually interviewed another maid while she 'acting to call MOM'.This maid give us exactly the same reason why she is transferred. I almost fainted... Means agent has been teaching them wat to say.Is it true that these agents teach the maid to be bad just to kip rolling their money in...Now I know y maids alwayz wan transfer. I think tis is wat taught by the agent.But agent told me the other day, they learn it from the test they gone thru before coming to Singapore. Now i feel everything she said are bullshit. Are all agents the same? Haiz...she told me if maid got prob, brin them to let her counsel...now i feel if i send my maid to see her..sure gone case. she oni teach bad tings.how to make us dunwan her..!! Very headache...

hey mummies,

1. any of your philippines maid got replacement off day on xmas, as well as new year day (31 dec)?

2. my maid going disco at orchard point with her mum, aunty & frens on 25th. she ask permission to stay out later than usual so we asked her to be back by 12am. is this kind of request usual?

Jamelle, what is your agency's name, can PM me.. for your transfer maid, you can ask your agent for her work permit number and check online. FDW's detail will show when is the bond submit n her work permit date...also can check whether she has how many ex-employer.. the reason you mentioned sound like my previous maid.. hope is not the same person..

Till now,daily, I still vomit blood.. just simple logic, maid also can't think.. everyday will make mistake here and there.. with her not logic reason.. haiz.. I don't know if I can tahan till her loan finish.. really driving me mad..

Mummies, I feel so tired.. with maid matter.. keep on teaching/training and maid can come out with new stupid thing.. sometimes I just tell myself don't bother liao.. too tired..
1st forget to wash clothes in my master bathroom, the next day(yesterday), totally didn't wash any cloth and go to sleep.. I was like..eh, where is the maid??..so many work not done..and found her in bed liao.. think I'm employing a elephant princess instead..(eat a lot)..

Mummies, should I buy/replenish her food again.. actually, I told her, I will replenish monthly.. 1 bottle of jam(450gm),margarine(500gm),1 tin assorted biscuits(800gm) and 1 packet so da piah(500gm),1 extra big loaf white bread(400gm+200gm/500gm) every 5days, 1 pack 'super' instant coffee(48pkts) and packets of fruit tea,2 packs of instant noodle(10packets)..all for maid's breakfast.. now only 2weeks..all almost finish.. what is she going to eat for next 2weeks? only white bread(cos replenish every 5days)... by the way, she drink my coffee that my hubby bought from Taiwan, today only I realise..cos I can't find the coffee when I want to drink, as I only drink occasionally..when I asked, she didn't apologised to me.. the think I can't understand, I already separately put all the food that she allow to eat in a big tupperware box..where my coffee is in another place..

Btw, her lunch and dinner also eat a lot(the amount she eat alone equal to my whole family,hubby,2kids n I), not that we didn't give her proper meal..every meal eat with chilli, also finish 1bottles liao(those extra spicy type)..even spagetti with sauce, also add chilli..

Should I replenish her food.. (biodata stated 50kg)but actual, she is 56kg with 152cm height.. work slow like snail, is that the reason, cos too heavy to work fast? think now should put on weight liao..

San, personally, I will not allow my maid to do that, party till late, worry the next day, she is too tired to work.. and no public holiday.. only the rest/off day that agreed on her employment contract.

Jo,

My ex-maid was like that. She ate alot. The worse is that she doesn want to eat rice during proper meal times and steal my food to snack. She could finish a box of chocolates, a tin of milo, a tin of biscuits, 10 packets of maggi mee in 2 weeks. The best part is that all breakfast, lunch and dinner were provided. She refused to eat adequate portion of rice. She is like a hungry ghost everyday. I gave her 15 packets of the mash potatoes -those mix with water. She FINISHED them all in 2 days! I cooked a good spread of food for lunch and dinner in those 2 days!
Now that she is gone, I am no longer so uptight.

Dont need to replenish her food. At her rate, she will eat even more. What I told my maid was, if she finish all the food so fast, she was to buy it with her own money. She did and bought her own cereals. She finished a big packet of cereals in 1 week! She ate like there is no tomorrow. Very scary.

My maid came here for about 2 months already. Today she comes to tell me she wants to be transferred. Because she keeps on get scolding from my mil. Sometimes she gets scolding because she is very slow and she is also quite blur. Reaction slow. I haven't called the agency yet. Today she public holiday got to call tomorrow. Somemore me is going to give birth soon.

My maid came here for about 2 months already. Today she comes to tell me she wants to be transferred. Because she keeps on get scolding from my mil. Sometimes she gets scolding because she is very slow and she is also quite blur. Reaction slow. I haven't called the agency yet. Today she public holiday got to call tomorrow. Somemore me is going to give birth soon.

Hi Jo, I only have her full name. No work permit no.. I checked the MOM website and see that we as employer can no longer check on their working history with effect from Nov 2006?? If still can check, how do I check? I really would like to know how many times has she been transferred coz from the agent, I know they are nothing but full of lies coz when we interviewed the other maid, they told us they are being transferred only once, whilst agent said they hv been transferred many many times so as to make us stick to the maid we chose.I will be pickin her up today anyway. Am having a bad feeling about the maid.Gosh..should just take a fresh maid instead! Now I'm just praying for miracle...Anyway don't even know whether I can really collect her today...with this kinda agent..i really give up alot hope.I used to use another agent,but they no longer deal with indo maids.So i just pick this as it's nearest to my home and I always see them training maids in their office..(Think for show only). BTW, does anyone has any timetable for maids to share?Thx!

Hi Jo, I only have her full name. No work permit no.. I checked the MOM website and see that we as employer can no longer check on their working history with effect from Nov 2006?? If still can check, how do I check? I really would like to know how many times has she been transferred coz from the agent, I know they are nothing but full of lies coz when we interviewed the other maid, they told us they are being transferred only once, whilst agent said they hv been transferred many many times so as to make us stick to the maid we chose.I will be pickin her up today anyway. Am having a bad feeling about the maid.Gosh..should just take a fresh maid instead! Now I'm just praying for miracle...Anyway don't even know whether I can really collect her today...with this kinda agent..i really give up alot hope.I used to use another agent,but they no longer deal with indo maids.So i just pick this as it's nearest to my home and I always see them training maids in their office..(Think for show only). BTW, does anyone has any timetable for maids to share?Thx!

Jamelle, asked your agent for maid's permit number.. go online to http://www.mom.gov.sg/publish/momportal/en/communities/work_pass/foreign_domestic_workers/e-services_and_forms/WP_Online_for_Employers_of_Foreign_Domestic_Workers.html

log in with your sing pass,password.. click on enquiries, you can choose..foreign worker detail (can see the application date of work permit), foreign domestic worker employment history(can see how many employer start n end date).

Maureen, sorry to hear that, your maid want to transfer.. yet u r giving birth soon.. why maid don't know how to think if they work well,who so free to scold them.. I told my maid (btw,I never scold her,cos don't know what she think,I mean her mental ok or not,cos handle my baby), we are teaching her to improve not to make life difficult for her.. my maid is really slow till normal daily duty also can't finish.. the plus point, her attitude, no black face, always smily face(don't know gd or sometimes can make me more boil).. maybe she is not very good in work but at least no extra problem like my previous want..

1. Can work very well, independent, but have mood(black face), secretly use hand phone,go out do her thing when I'm not home(with my bb girl)..but I closed eyes,so she stay w me 2yrs.

2. Lazy, act blur, choosy...

3. Worst maid, lies, used house phone, lazy, leave 2kids n bb alone while she take her shower.. bully elderly(make my mum work like maid when I'm overseas)..n lots more...

4. Choosy on work, don't want bb care.. keep on compare her previous work,want to stay bungalow(said my hse small like jail), asked me to transfer her to big hse, only hse work no kids.

5. Choosy on work,food, don't like my girl, always handphone in toilet n any time I'm not there.. packed her things n told me she want to leave...

Current, can't work well(chin chai do), forgetful, lots of her own reason(not logic), eat like elephant, work slow like snail.. I really pray she improve.. I can closed eyes n tahan till my baby old enough to go childcare..which is another year..or finish her loan another 8mths.. I don't know if I can..

hi hi Jo

i just chance upon this thread n ur description of ur maid sounds abit similar to my maid leh. heeee mine also fr crislo. which branch crislo u went? my maid also eat lot of chilli!! she can chew few chilli padi to go with rice!! maybe ur maid n my maid same kampung. haaa

some maids kena starve by agent so when they are with us they eat like no tmw.

Dabee, I used chinatown branch.. this will be the last time liao.. sian of their service and sian on their product..

How can they forget to bring my maid for tumb print?? so my maid on visit pass.. till I received letter from MOM,why my maid didn't report for tumb print,which I'm not inform by agent.. haiz..

At least your maid can eat chilli with rice.. my maid(east Java) not only chilli but anythings that is consider food, sure gone very fast.. and eat a lot everyday not the 1st few days(kena by agent starved) maid told me agent gav them instant noodle n rice with cabbage.. if maid can eat a lot n work like very strong,its ok, the problem is work like never eat le....so weak and slow.. can even keep/fold my bb trolley.. till I asked her just now.. u didn't take your meal??..

Day dream like all time in dreamland.. can make tea without tea bag inside the cup?? so only plain hot water??

My current is the only maid that I didn't bring her along when go out, cos she work super slow, outside like body with us but mind is lost.. can't help me with kids/baby yet I have to look after another person.. so stay hm work when we r out but I noticed she dream away n didn't do work..when I return home,saw her sitting n day dream..

Ops..I mean can't keep/fold my bb trolley.. she is the 1st(out of so many my ex-maid) that can't do it and when she push the trolley with baby.. hardly move.. you will wait till sian and do it yourself.. so my hubby and I look more like maid when going out.. she will walk slowly,dreaming n viewing sceneries..my boy keep an eye on her(incase we lost her).. while my hubby hold my girl's hand and I handle my baby with trolley.

Jo, actually after she spoke to the agent, my hubby talked to her. She told us sometimes when we are not around out to work. My mil sometimes talked to her is like yelling. Cos she doesn't know where to buy the things my mil asked her to buy. She told us she never have people yelling at her before. When she was telling us she was crying. We told her that will ask my sis in laws to talk to my mil and at the same time she think again. We told her we unable to let her go until the new maid is her.

Just to check one year we can't change how many maid?

Maureen, new generation or now..can't scold maid, maid cannot get scold.. they will not improve by scolding.. only become worst.. they need praise, rewards, but not all maid.. mostly will take advantages.. hope u get your new replacement fast.

4 maids in a year, 5th will received letter fm MOM to take course($30) 4hrs, 6th maid will interview employer..

my current maid act not logic again..she eat dinner so dark without light in kitchen but on toilet's light instead.. so I asked why you didn't on light and how come the toilet's light is on when no one using.. she reply she need to use toilet after dinner.. I can't understand but just told her to on kitchen's light n off toilet's light(on later when u need), on the light where you are n off light that not used.. suddenly after I told her that, I feel myself like teaching a child?? tot is common sense...

So this year this year this maid is the 3rd one already. So if she still want to go, I will only release her when the new maid is here which is next year. So it will be considered as next year already? It won't accumluate?

I'm not sure if this has been asked before....

I am currently using a helper engaged from an agency but want to get back my previous maid who went back to the Philippines after her 2-yr contract ended last year. Have contacted the maid and she's keen to come back. So in this case, I want to bring her in myself without engaging the services of an employment agency...

Can anyone advise on the procedures required? I understand I will have to settle the paperwork such as applying for work permit, cancelling the current maid's work permit, getting the insurance cum bond, medical check up etc...What I'm afraid of is the difficulty in the maid getting out of PH as my previous employment agent keep stressing that they are coming out of their country by the "back door" as their embassy demands for US$400 salary and many get "caught" before they leave the airport. Is there a certain risk in that sense?

hi Mums,
has anyone of you ever send your maid back to the agent for counselling?

If so, i would like to hear how things went for you and what the agents do in such sessions?

Jo, i just discovered that my maid will not improve whether we scold or we reward...neither way works...major headache!

hi nellu,

if u send yr maid bk for counselling, are u sure your agent will really do that? my agent promise me they can do counselling if maid no behave, end up want to charge me extra money for counselling.

my agent also promise to train my maid before i collect her. after i collect maid, i ask her.. she told me agency didnt train them, just everyday sit there at agency.

furthermore, if u send back to agency, yr maid will talk to the maids there, the transfer maids will teach her alot of tricks.. u might end up worse!

mum88,
my agent had a few times offered counselling if i should encounter problems but i am not sure how they do it. My agent does train them. I have seen it for myself even at their office.

yes my worry is the contact with transfer maids. That's why i took her along for my holiday. but while we were on the trip, i had to scold her quite badly a few times over things that she had been doing for the last few months. So strange one lor...my last maid also the same...things that they have been doing day in day out for 4months can suddenly forget to do....

nellu, most maids are quite blur (or act blur) outside as they are too busy enjoying looking around.. while i understand their "excitement", i also get fedup when they forget their responsibility. they can totally forget looking after the kids while they stare at something.

i also bring my previous maid overseas.. regret.. she totally just "switch off", really treat herself on holiday, no need to take care baby, just sleep all the way..

mum88, guess what? my maid forgot her responsibility in the hotel room, not even outside. If we were outside and she 'forgets' i maybe still can close one eye!

so, did you send ur maid for counselling in the end since u said the agent wanted to charge you for it?

nellu, same same.. my ex-maid forget her responsibility in hotel room too. just sit there waiting to be serve. my whole trip was spolit by her.

it really depend on the maid. my bro's maid was gd. altho she was excited too, but she remember she have to take care of kids. i cant seem to find those type of maid. my sis-in-law have to change a few times to find a gd one too.

HAHA... i nearly wanted to "send" my agent to MOM for counselling instead... nope, i didnt trust them enough to let them consuel my maid. After how they treat me, i am not going to use them anymore. so i rather solve the problems myself. I ask friends who can speak their language to talk to my maid. but Sigh.. only helpful for a while, after that funny patterns all come back.

ya lor, mum88, dunno why we so suay leh....

at least when we are out of the hotel room, my maid remembered that she was the maid, FLEETINGLY...still need to be reminded...

how many maids did ur SIL go thru?

does anyone know how do we check why the agency are penalised by MOM?

after 6mths, the penalty will be removed, how would we know which agencies to avoid?

nellu,i cant recall how many maid my SIL went thru. quite a few.. until she give up.. when the gd maid went back phil, she stop employing. but wkload too much for a wking mum, so now she just employ another phil maid.

as for me, haha.. i change alot until get warning letter lau.. very suay.. kanna all sorts of funny maids and agencies. Sometimes, i just feel like storming down to MOM and ask them help me employ one maid who is really serious to come here to work. i dont mind paying higher salary for experienced ones (who dont do any hanky panky stuff).

I kanna maids who come here find boyfriend,
one who just want take care old people & sit there watch Tv,
one who say indo agent con her, told her spore flat only 1 living room & 1 bedroom, only sir/mdm, no kids so easy to wk (got shock when she arrive in my house,saw i got kids and got more than 1 room)- i told her if spore only got sir/mdm and 1 bedroom with no kids, then no need employ maid lau.
another one who look down on my hdb and want to wk in bunglow,
another one who use eating knife to clean toilet then use same knife(Without washing) to cut fruits for us, etc etc.
Current one still cant do simple housewk after 5.5mths. u say suay or not?

This agent really gone case.. they forget to bring my maid for tumb print and never tell me when I collect her.. till I received letter from MOM.. I called agent immediately(23 Dec), which take half day(many calls to reach that person,already inform the one that answer my called, said will get her to return but never hear from them..).. she blur and blame her admin side forget.. after she checked.. asked me to bring maid to agency for tumb print(decide on 26 Dec).. morning my hubby called agent to arrange pick up but agent said will arrange n no news from them.. today hubby called again, agent reluctant, my hubby requested to refund the $60 tumb print(we bring maid instead,but agent said that $60 not for tumb print..aiyo,receipt written that..)..later argue, I was the one that said to collect maid and don't mind do tumb print later.. of course I deny, agent said.. now I don't have black n white so what you said, you win lor.. that make me more boil..

My hubby, just said to agent.. so are you going to arrange or not, agent said ok..will inform you the time later..

Agent called at 11.30am, which is the agent driver already reach my place, maid need to leave immediately.. till 8pm send my maid back.. my maid told me she is the last to come back.. haiz.. how to trust this agent to counsel my maid.. thing will become worst.. cos there was once, the agent said something like I'm the bad employer instead..

See paid money to get vomit blood from agent n rubbish from maid..

yesterday afternoon, saw my maid put baby on bed while she(maid) sleep..baby playing alone(my bb can move from one side to another, grab anything..).. I was thinking how to trust her..?? but before I talk to her...

this morning at 8am, was thinking maid in kid's room attending to my bb(I'm in kitchen preparing ingredient for lunch,cut n soak veg..).. then I realise its 8am..must wake my girl to childcare..

when I open the door, I saw my bb playing alone, while maid sleep again..this time,I just call my girl and she wake up.. I just silent,and quickly shower my girl cos need to bring her to school.. maid came to me, said..do you have any medicine..I'm having headaches.. so I gave her 2 kid's panadol(that's what I have at that moment).. asked her if she had fever, maid said no.. n I quickly brought my girl to CC.. came back my boy told me maid only eat one pil. I was thinking she lied, so I will not tell her off about sleeping when my bb awake..haiz, cos she has too many reason and lost my trust liao..

Don't mention on hse work, always chin chai do..really tot I'm stupid.. how to monitor her all the time..

Jo,
so sorry to hear all these problems the agent and the maid gave you. This agent is really no good. so slip-shot! Things like thumb-print and all are important things isn't it? and if not done properly, the employer gets into trouble. Obviously this agent thinks that his biz alot can afford to be slacker like mad!!

As for your maid, she really know how to pretend. My maid for some time also everyday complain here pain there pain, until last week, while we were on holiday, i got so fed-up with her "sicknesses" that I told her, "once we go home, I will take you back to M'dm Sh*****y (the agent) and ask her how come you can pass the medical examination when you are always sick! If M'dm Sh*****y also think that you are really sick, then you have to go home straight away." After that, she got scared and all the pains and illnesses are gone (MIRACULOUSLY! hahaha)!

mum88,
i suspect sometimes the agents over at the maids' countries over-promise them stuff and give them the wrong picture.

I suspect my agent's PH partner give all the wrong info to the maids, probably tell them money easy to earn, life very easy, only need to look aft kids and no hsework. My maid tells me herself she is damn scared of the SGP agent cos when she got here for training, the SGP agent really made the maids do a lot of things.

But from how i monitor my maid, I really think she was told that the work is only babysitting work. Cos she is quite enthusiastic when it comes to bb but tell her to clean hse, she gimme sian face.

Jo,

sounds like you dont need this maid. You are busier than her! It's like hosting a princess at home. Change maid la, pay money to get angry. after reading your post, this maid is !@@&(*JH

Nellu - my personal thoughts are really that those so called counselling just wont help. If the maid wld be interested to listen in the first plc, they would do so when we told them. Why must wait till agent tell them then they would wake up? If they can doubt what we are telling them, aka dont believe what we claim e.g. alot of maids run 2 households cos of the kids, etc..., do you think they can believe agent?

If a maid has requested to transfer, I wld let the maid go. Cos you can really tell her heart wont be there already.

Similarly, if you dont think the maid can make it, then forget it - change. So far the maids I got, whom I dont think cant make it, no matter how hard i try to give chance, also cannot make it leh..

However, if you have an acceptable maid, then the mistakes she ever did, somehow you will tune to be forgiveable...

Perhaps, initial impressions really are that important, and that forms some kind of perception bah...

Hi mummies,

Does anyone have a sample of a simple contract signed with the maid? I just took over my MIL's maid and the agency did the paperwork. Realised that they didnt do up any contract for us to sign with the maid. I looked up the old contract and realised that it's only signed by my MIL, without the maid's signature. I begin to wonder what these agencies are doing..

Hi all

I have been so busy with my fresh maid for the last twelve days and now finally can give a bit update....

I am changing maid...reason being...

COMMUNICATION PROBLEM...I have no patience to sit down and say word by word.

Blur..she looks blur...and I do not like to keep a person like that in my house and I do not know what she is thinking...

I do not like her presence...fan gan...

Guess what...I caught her throwing all the rice that I gave her. I let her speak to my friend...she says she not used to the food here...

She also says my house is too big and she is too tired...and says hope to transfer.

Yesterday, she asked me to bring her to see doctor, and i know she is well. I gave her panadol, she dare not take...

I think she is the very choosy and scheming type as she pretend she is giddy, and legs pain etc...

On the twelve day already like that, how to carry on, esp when loan is up...

Maybe I am so used to someone that can speak english so i feel very uncomfortable with her and same goes for my kids...

Maybe I should not have taken a fresh maid as me have no patience to speak slowly to her when am so busy with two kids....

I know her true colours will eventually be out as first day her ironing is good, second day....down to hill...

Mummy, what you think...am not faulting her just find that she does not fit into my family...having her around is just like having part time cleaner at home...she is no good in kids....even just for playing...

sorri to complaint so much...some say send her back to agency right away for fear she run away, esp to MOM, some say keep till replacement set in...what you think...

Now, she still does the normal routine...but I just hate her way...

Eileen10

Just read what you have written....it exactly says about how I feel...

Now, maid can be super good, does her work but after she told my friend she wanna transfer, I already want to let her go.....the impression and fear about her nonsence is countless....

As I said, I do not find my chemisty with her...as in accepting her even by seeing her photo at the first instance...its my hubby and the agent that chose her....

Next maid, I need someone who speak english and i definately will not go for lucky draw again but get my friend as in the boss to show me the candiates that she think its good and has interview personally.

eileen, i agree with you. In fact after discussing with hb last nite, we decided to let her go.

now i have to go and find a reliable agent who is able to intro a reliable exp maid. I cannot tahan freshies anymore. My boi requires quite a bit of attention and i dun have time to follow behind the maid, do one thing by one thing...Somemore like how Rainbow's situation is...later kena someone the english can't make it one..i lagi die...

ya true ladies...in fact the early you know the better..its not we are choosy...somehow you will have a strong feelin if you feel she can make it or not. I hv a maid whom i sent back within 1.5 days! I felt soo relieved after she's gone!

oh really, nellu - let me check my mail, ok!

Hi Eileen

1.5 days is real fast....I have just pm you...

NTUC Recycle bag
My maid has just used it as a plastic bag to throw rubbish.

Ironing
First week very sleek, second week, looks like never iron.

Tidy
Cloths can be so messey in the whole drawer...i faint....Taught her to be neat...but think neatness is in a person, cannot be impart....

Replacement maid
Will agency be reluctant to entertain when comes to replacement case...is it a loosing money case for them...I thought they still can make for transfer maid right?

Experience maid
Anyone here game for experience maid?

eileen,
so weird. I just PM you again. see if you get..

Rainbow,
i'm contemplating experienced maids now.Just that maybe we have to pay more and will have different set of problems to deal with.

now looking around for good reliable agents for exp maids

Hi Mummies,my maid has arrived last wednesday.Can say I am really feeling so relak having her around for the past 1 week. She is a transferred maid, but I don't understand why she can be transferred with her good work.She can cook well,cleanliness is up to my standard,understand english,can play with my ger (n my ger likes her),no black face, follow instruction, well mannered. Seem too gd to be true right? i know it's only 1 week, but it's already a good start unlike my previous maid who give me problem on 2nd day. Pls pray for me...but got a feeling she kena transferred because of stealing....coz I don't see any other reason for her being transferred. People are telling me either stealing or having bf...hope all of these wont happen at all...or at least not so fast yet.....pray for me....

Jamelle before you have the transferred maid, did you check why she is being transferred. But even you ask agency will try not to tell the truth.

hi everyone, haven't posted here in a while. my new maid has been with me for 2 weeks now, so far so good. Works too fast and keeps asking me for things to do... have almost finished spring cleaning the whole house already... need some ideas on other things for her to do at home?? all the books/cds/cupboards have been wiped and cleaned already, all the curtains changed, windows wiped.. now searching high and low for things for her to do during the day!! any tips??

Back