A place for the TTCs.. (Trying To Conceive)

hihi, have tried preseed but have not conceive yet.

i also heard that clearblue may not be accurate as it happened to a friend.

Hi,
New here... seriously looking for encouragement. Have been a slient reader all this while. I am 30 currently.

It's has been a 1 year 7 months journey for me & my hubby. Very tiring and stress, my frens around me have gotten preg and my bestie too. I am really happy for her but feel sad for myself.

Have been told to have PCOS problem since last year. Went to three different doc, spend lotsa money, trying hard every month. All these are what every one is going thru but its very tiring. MIL is hoping.

3rd Doc started me on clomid and said that I am reacting well to clomid 100g last mth (1st cycle), tried on the day before LH positive and day after LH + with preseed and lifting bum but still AF reported = ( I cant take metformi cos it is affecting my kidney. Doc didnt want to put me thru HSG 1st.

This mth no O as I was not on clomid but TMC instead. Think clomid thin my lining last mth, AF was very little. Very disappt, last time with TMC, i will have O at least. No O means n chance at all : (

With TMC, not good engh too. Pls give me your blessing with baby dust. I hope all mother, MTB, Mum in making will be blessed with a positive and healthy BB.

Hello Chin,

i start using conceiveplus this cycle. it smelt very chemical and unlike preseed. but too bad, dun think i strike also le... so i am going to try again next time! dun give up and continue to try. since u know u are reacting well to clomid and should continue this way!

u mean u on TCM?? i think you concentrate on 1 1st.. who knows they will clash.

chin, don't be disappointed. I am in my mid 30s, tried for 3yrs plus and still no result. Never got near to pregnant before....
I am also trying...and trying very hard. Seen alot of gynae, tcm, and still trying...DONT GIVE UP, EVEN THOUGH IT IS TIRING.

hi all, dont be despair. i m in my mid 30s and had been married for 10yrs, but still no bb luck until last year. i missed my menses for 2 months, went to the GP did 2 tests and saw very "faint" +ve line was suspected for EP. thought that i will have good news for my hsb, but it was not. when through scanning, blood tests. in the end, i was diagnosed EPL and was discovered with ovary cyst. i even went thru HSG procedure, and was discovered that 1 side of my FT was blocked. double sadness for me... sigh!!!

only till june this year i went through the procedure of removing my cyst, as my gynae thinks that this could be the main culprit for my infertility. after the ops, i was given hormones jab to temporary stop my menses for 6months for full healing internally. then after i can start TTC again...

lets all dont be despair, DONT GIVE UP, KEEP ON TRYING... i m sure one day we will have our luck too...
happy.gif
JIA YOU everyone...

Yaya, pipi, Judy bb

Thanks for all ur encouragement
happy.gif
let's all fight on ... Really appreciate it. Just that sometimes really very low moral.

这世界上的BB都是被祝福来到的.

Btw most of my fren who struck only tried it on LH+ and the day after... Before that they all didn't BD at all... For me it's every alternate day frm CD 14 till CD 21. Maybe that's why when actual LH + day on CD 19 sperm quality alredy no good. What u gals think shd I try stop Bding before LH+?

Yaya, you are right I will concentrate on clomid 1st. Conceive plus I have not try before... So far having using preseed for 4 mths. is conceive plus better ?

Judy bb, you are a strong MTB. Three cheers for Judy bb. I dun think I will be as strong as u. I am sure u will be blessed soon. Recover well 1st.

Pipi, r u on clomid too ?

Hi everyone, I'm new here.. Just reading through the more recent posts.

I think I'm ovulating cos we saw follicles at my last ultrascan.. This should mean I'm ovulating every month right?

Hi ladies, am new here too. Been TTC for almost 6 months & was diagnosed with polysistic ovaries 4 months ago. But am glad I went to a gyne earlier, so at least we know where the problem lies. Currently am on clomid. Took 1st cycle not successful. Just took the 2nd cycle, but am not very optimistic will be successful as well, coz till now, the clearblue fertility monitor still shows a O. Been hoping to see a smiley face! Haiz...Anyway, my gyne supplied me with another 2 more cycles. But am thinking of alternatives i.e. to try TCM. Anyone knows whether can take clomid + TCM together?

Hi, just wondering how come my doctor did not prescibe me with clomid even tho I have been diagnose with PCOS? She gave me provera instead as my menses did not come for 6 months.
Trying to conceive as well but guess it won't happen until my menses become more regular
sad.gif

Dear Ladies,

I hving ovulation problem so given clomid for 6 mths...it coming to an end and so far no good news
sad.gif
Doc asked me to go for HSG next mth...My frd telling me to go for 2nd doc opinion now. Anyone got good gynae to recommend?

Hi Ladies
Thinking of TTC this month, just curious here if anyone is taking folic acid or multi-vitamin? what is a good brand of multi-vitamin to think before to prepare your body for TTC?

hi,

i got 3 bottles of Y.S Organic Bee Farms, Royal Jelly with Bee Pollen and Bee Propolis to let go. These are bought from iherb.com. Royal jelly is known to be super fertile food for queen bee, which helps to improve our eggs quality. Bee Pollen helps for better absorption of royal jelly. Bee Propolis helps to reduce inflammation which is effective for people with mild endometriosis. Please PM me or email me if you are interested. [email protected]

hi all,

if u r taking clomid, must note that the CM will be dry even during ovulation time.
I rem that can take grapefruit during that time to increase CM.
I also used preseed to help in the quality of CM.

Anyway, if dry also not easy to BD.

Humblebee, I'm taking the prenatal formula from GNC. But my gynae was indifferent towards such supplements! He believes in natural foods. In fact he gave me a list of nutrition books to read! :p So it depends on what you believe...

mei2009,
I was against supplements for my #1. Only taken natural food and folic acid 500mg. I had very very serious MS. It's like hugging the towel bowl for 3-4 times each day all the way until 5 months. So, after asking around, I noticed ppl that takes supplements seems to be stronger in one way or another and having a better pregnant and less MS.

Hi mei, gynaes and most doctors are not trained in supplements so our understanding on this area is not very good. I know of many doctors who have actually understand the need to supplement in the 21st century by simple reasons that we are not getting enough from our food. But, after saying this, choosing the right supplements is also very important as there are no law to actually control supplements. SO, learn frm people who understands wellness and study the right company. Be open and sincere in your search. In my 3 years doing wellness, I've seen how many times people get a healthy pregnancy by taking just basic nutritions. I have even a 45 yo client who got pregnant! Good supplements will make your body healthier. If you take our carbo, protein like the woods and metals that make a table...the micronutrients will be the 'nuts and screws' that can tighten and complete the table. The same goes for our body, we will not die immediately from the lack of micronutrients but we will compromise the efficiency of our body's function. Think about it!

Hi All,new to this forum. Was on 2 rounds of Clomid ( 50mg,100mg)and both failed. First round somehow missed ovulation period though we were regularly doing it but ovulation test never indicated ovulation but my period came.
2nd round doc ask me to go back and scan to see after eating clomid whether follicle grew, but unfortunately it did not grow big enough to be released.
Had to take medicine to induce period.
Next round would by 150mg,which is the highest dosage.. sigh.. if this does not work... have to try another methods which are more invasive which i am afraid of : (

hiya
can I ask who have experience in trying for 2nd baby while still breastfeed on the 1st baby?

I dunno how to gauge the ovulation period window.....

A big Hi to All!

Special Clearance Sale - whilst stocks last!

High sensitivity OPTs (20miu) and HPTs (10miu) @ $0.55 per piece (min order of 5 in any combination)
Brand New from UK, expiry 03/2011 (OPKs) and 04/2011 (HPTs)

Prices exclude normal local mail postage within Singapore.
Items are shipped upon receipt of payment.

Interested, please PM me or contact me at [email protected]

Also, an extensive range of Clearblue products at amazingly low prices are available. ** Best price in town for BRAND NEW products**

Clearblue Fertility Monitor (RRP $310) + 20 Monitor Sticks (RRP $82)
For the price of $230 - savings of 41%

Clearblue Digital Ovulation 7 tests (RRP $71.50)
For the price of $47.50 - savings of 33.5%

Clearblue Digital Pregnancy with Conception Indicator 2 tests (RRP $24.90 for 1 test)
For the price of $27.90 - pay only $3 more for 2 tests!
* note that $27.75 is RRP for 2 normal non Conception Indicator pregnancy tests so you are essentially getting a better product for the same price!

Please contact me for prices of other Clearblue products that you might be interested in.
All items are direct from UK and will take approx 1-2 weeks from receipt of payment.

i dunno wat's clomid, my gynae nor doctor never adv me to take that.
but my last review wf gynae, suggest me to take folic acid 1 mth before i ttc
meanwhile, i m also taking some vitamin that help in ttc coz saw some success examples to conceive aft taking the vitamin

A Big Hi to All!

High sensitivity OPKs (20 mIU) and HPTs (10 mIU) at <font color="0000ff">$0.50 to $0.60</font> per strip
Free normal postage > 5 strips, fast delivery guaranteed.

Clearblue Fertility Monitor and 20 sticks @ <font color="0000ff">$220</font>
Clearblue box of 20 sticks @ <font color="0000ff">$45</font> (with free HPTs)
Clearblue digital ovulation 7 sticks @ <font color="0000ff">$44.90</font>
Clearblue digital pregnancy 2 sticks @ <font color="0000ff">$27.90</font>
Special packages incl Pre-seed, Basal Thermometer also available.

Please see my shop at www.bbshop01.blogspot.com for more details or email [email protected]

Hi ladies,

Sorry to intrude...

I was also like you ttc-ing sometime ago. Stocked up on opk strips and clearblue smiley face ovulation kits. By God's grace we conceived and have these to let go cheaply:

20 opk strips @ $9 (exp Jun2012)

Clearblue smiley face ovulation kits:
Opened pack (5 pcs left) - $32 (exp Sep2011)
Sealed pack (7 pcs) - $46 (exp Dec2011)

Bundle price of $85 for all.

Kindly PM me if keen and wishing you all the best in your ttc-ing journey.

Hi all. I have a good book to recommend... If you haven't heard about "taking charge of your fertility", you ought to run out now to Kinokuniya or Borders to get your copy.

Was married in Dec 2009, wasnt intentionally trying to conceive till mid 2010 (me n hubby's in late twenties). Spent three months of "hear-say" trying (e.g. Start from 9th day all the way to 12th day, turned upside down - feet in air, bum against side of bed, lying on upper back, etc.) imagine my tired hubby and my sore sore upper back for the three months. Hubby almost lost interest in me...

Then I chanced upon a very good review on this book "Taking charge...", went out to buy it, finished reading it in three days, felt so so much more educated about my body and cycle.

Put it simply, this was a book on measuring n monitoring basal body temp and cervical fluid. Just one tip for all, when you feel all wet and the consistency of the fluid is egg white-like, grab ur hubby and get into action!

I strike jackpot in October last year, and am in my second trimester now. I hope I have shared some useful info here, although I admit I am still "young" and other than an earlier cyst problem, seem quite healthy at the point of conceiving.

Ultimately, jia you! Baby dust to all.
happy.gif

Hi. Sorry to interrupt.

I wasted a long time deliberating on my cysts surgery, and after which was on a drug called Lucrin for a year. When my menses returned, I wasted no more time, I bought test kits, and tracked my ovuluation window diligently.

I have used 6 tests strips and managed to conceive after 4 mths, so I highly recommend this Clearblue Digital Ovulation Test Kit.

I still have an unopen (brand new) Clearblue Digital Ovulation Test Kit (7 tests) to let go.

My price: $50 (30% discount)
Watson's price: $70.40

Since I have 1 extra unused test stick (from my earlier box), I will throw in FOC in the sale too. Hope it brings you luck!

Text me at 90010667 if you are interested. Thanks!

5372234.jpg

Just conceived and have 23PCs leftover LH Ovulation Test Strips to let go. Expiry: Jan 2012. Interested mummies, Please PM me. Thanks.

happy.gif
I also have some leftover ovulation urine test strips to give away. Expiry date is err pretty soon .. 09/2011 .. but its free!
happy.gif

3 packs x 12 each

Please PM me and I'll post them to you. Thanks.

Hi,

Have these to clear:

High sensitivity LH ovulation strips - 20 strips for $10 (expiry 9 June 2012)

Clearblue smiley face ovulation digital test:
BNIB 7 tests - $40 (expiry Dec 2011)
Opened pack 5 tests - $20 (expiry Sep 2011)

All tests and strips are individually packed.

Bundle price $60 for all.

Pls PM me if keen. Thanks!

Just to share:

Last year (2010) my lady gynae diagnose me with pcos and recommend me IVF as the only way to get pregnant.
Did not take up her offer, instead took a friend's advise and drank Aloe Nectar juice and Royal Jelly from a MLM brand and by Miracle, got pregnant this year ( 2 months pregnant now)
Would like to encourage those who are still TTC to never give up and Baby dust to all!

Cheers!

Hey ladies
happy.gif
I'm going 35 end year and just had a keyhole op @ KK to clear the fallopian tubes so I can start producing lol. I think like what Ariel said, better get gynae advice and checkups if you have been trying for half to 1 year without news. Keep the spirits up!
happy.gif

$250,000 Dollar Baby

MOTHERHOOD is a long and exhausting slog for Madam Cheryl Leong and that's not counting the at least $250,000 price tag for her in-vitro fertilisation (IVF) treatment.

Driving it all was her cherished dream of having five daughters, which she still harbours. She is not far off today with three girls - Shyna, seven, Shreya, four, and Tara, two.

Madam Leong, 42, told The Straits Times about her preference for girls: 'I'm so envious of friends who have sisters. I have one younger brother and it was boring.

'I feel that sisters are forever friends, like my eldest daughter would tell my younger girls that they are best friends forever.'

Even becoming a mum in the first place required a huge effort.

Madam Leong, a mass communications graduate from Oklahoma City University, started trying for a baby shortly after she tied the knot at age 31.

Her husband, Mr N. Gunalan, now 45, runs his own marketing communications firm and home is a private apartment in Holland Avenue.

But for years, the stork just refused to visit. She attributes her fertility woes to her 'stressful' 24/7 job. So she turned to Dr Christopher Chen, director of Gleneagles IVF Centre, for IVF treatment.

The first treatment cycle alone cost her about $150,000, mainly because she was hospitalised three times for over 20 days in total after the drug she received left her bloated and breathless.

She successfully conceived twins however - except that one baby did not make it past the first trimester - and she delivered only Shyna.

She was 36 at the time and, despite her fertility dramas, she was determined to give Shyna a sibling. So she underwent more IVF treatment, but there was no good news. Then, to her surprise, she conceived naturally.

She decided to quit her job after her second baby was born.

'By the time I came home from work, my brain was totally fried. And I couldn't spend quality time with my children,' she recounted of her former job as a marketing manager.

'People in Singapore work so hard, like they are expected to work to death. I remember once when I tried to leave the office on time at 6pm and people called me a clock-watcher. The work culture here is poisoned.'

After she said goodbye to working life, she found herself pregnant with baby No.3. 'So I think the infertility is really due to work stress,' she said in retrospect.

She maintains that every single dollar spent on IVF was worth it, even though it wiped out her savings. Her parents also pitched in to help pay for her treatments.

'I think a life is priceless. How do you put a number to what a child is worth?' said the business development manager.

'The value of raising three kind-hearted, responsible and good-natured girls to be socially responsible adults is much more important than having a fat bank account or being up there on the corporate ladder.

'It is intangible and nothing can buy or replace it.'

thanks, piggy! i was worrying myself with all those stats that as women's age increase, chances of conception decreases... it's all about perspectives!
happy.gif

totally agree with this Mdm Leong that a life is priceless...

I tried clomid for 3 cycles too..but failed. 1st time was that the follicle did not grow big enough. 2nd time was perfect and the doc recommenced IUI, but due to psychological stress, we failed to turn up for the treatment, hence missed the boat. For the 3rd time, the follicle grew to be larger than it should have been and the doc suspected that it might be a cyst. I gave up clomid and I am currently on TCM - see how it goes. BBdust!!

Mummies who are TTC, I have GNC Folic Acid 1000mcg Vegetarian Tablets and Watson Iron Tablets (Ferrious Fumarate) to let go. Folic acid expiry in Mar and Nov 2013. Iron expiry in Nov 2014. Insterested mummies, please PM me. Self collect at AMK preferred.

hi piggy..thanks, need that! me have been TTC-ing for coming to a year, the recent months on "serious mode" - that means we took note of the ovulation period and stuff like that. initially tot that anyhow anyhow sure have, but *haiz*. am on TCM for 2 months +, so far have been feeling good. You?

wow , i admire your spirit here... new new TTC newbie here.... must join to feel positive ... haiz .. i have only been trying for 2 months but super stress ... cos mil wanted dragon so timeline very short.. hubby pin high hope so i feel stress also ... visited doctor cos miss period ( fist time in my life) , yet when scan +blood test is no preganancy detected , somemore miss period for so long (suppoe to come in 2nd oct till nw also haven ) . then scan show lining very thin.. my god ... seriously duno whats wrong ...

Anyway , doctor mention clomid but she keep saying got risk of multiple preganancy , high blood and diabetes, so i feel that she kinda discourage it , but yet i dun understand whats so bad about multiple preganacy ... then she told me to try IUI immediately since timeline tight but nt much info given.. can anyone enlighten me ?

Letting go the following:

High sensitivity LH ovulation strips - 15 strips for $8 (expiry 6 Feb 2013)

PM me if keen. Thanks!

Back