A place for the TTCs.. (Trying To Conceive)

hi, i've 7 ovulation test sticks to give away, expire 0ct 09. Self collection at Raffles places on wkdays lunch time. Pls PM if interested.

i have 3 boxes of clearblue ovulation kit for sale at $49 each. retail price in gurdian and waston is selling at $61. if take 3 boxes will sell at $100 inclusive of postage. the 3rd box is open and left 4 sticks.

1 box of preseed for sale at $20 too. left 4 sticks.

please email me at [email protected] directly.

the best brand is abbott but i believe its only used in clinic or hospital and not for sale at retail store.

the clearblue is the better one next inline to abott. when i discovered i was pregnant with positive tested with clearblue. my gp told me no need to test further since its a reputated brand.

so i suggest clearblue for ovulation kit, and pregnancy kit.

that where i got pregnant after using ovulation kit.
happy.gif

good luck!

please refer to above thread. im selling my 3 boxes of clearblue ovulation kit.

ladies,
thought of sharing some advice on ttc. its not an easy thing but with patience and belief im sure u gals will succeed just like me.

1) buy and read alot of books on fertility. i bought 3 great books when i trying to conceive to understand about ovulation and my body. alot of pple misunderstood that the cycle is always 28 days and we always ovulate on day 14. this is actually a myth! the books taught us how to idenfity our body cycle and the changes.

the titles of 3 books are: "how to get pregnant", "understanding infertility and treatment" and "how to get pregnant naturally"
( i be selling my 3 books on fertility and conception at $20 each. 3 books total for $50.

2) once u know your cycle and and the changes. try using ovulation kit to detect your perk day. althugh basal charting, mucus sign can be done but that not 100% accurate too and u may jst miss the day. using ovulation kit allow u take control and let u know 100% sure your perk day.

i very kaisu i always use ovul kit to time my intercourse and it really work for me eventually
happy.gif

i still left 3 boxs unused. interested pls email me.

3) try preseed if u do not have enuf cervical mucus as lubricant. books have show that we need sufficient cervial mucus to transport the sperm into our cervix entrance. some ladies during sexual intercourse feel bad or not wet enuf. and dont ever use lubircatn such as KY jell or others cos they kill sperm.

i usually cant produce enuf mucus so i use preseed lubricant which is spermcide free. i try it for 2 mths.

4) if using ovul kit and preseed, u still cant conceive, then maybe u shld go to doc there to ask for 3 cycles of clomid. clomid will ensure that u definitely produce a good and big size egg for that month so that u got a good chance of fertilising. if u do not have a good and big size egg, then also wont able to concieve. this is optional choice. i contemplated for about 9mths without success before i decide to try on clomid

i try 2 cycles and finally succeed
happy.gif

i hope above methods help. it work for me finally.

Hi ladies..

My hubby n i have been trying for a yr but to no avail.. We jus celebrated our 1 yr wedding anniversary this mth..

Hais, felt so sad cos each time my mensus came, i can see the disappointment on his face.. i tried to relax and all during intercourse..

Also, after reading thru this thread, i came to realise its not always the 10 - 14th day u will be ovulating as not everyone's mensus cycle is the same..

Well, an example, my last 2 mths mensus, 1st on the 26th nov, last about 5 days, the last one is on 2nd Jan.. so as to say, my mensus period shld be about 35days..

I just tried the ovulation test kit today, it shows tt im not ovulating.. (today is the 13th day)

I shall test everyday from today to see when is my ovulation..

I guess, we mus have missed the ovulation date for the last yr lor.. Sighs. cos i keep on presuming the best time to conceive is 10th - 13th from the first day of my mensus !

Any advices from kind ladies here?

Btw, I am 23 and my hubby is 25..

Hi Yvonne,

I dont think i am "qualified" to give you advice coz I am been TTC for many many years but still no good news, so I am going to try IVF.

My menses period is abt 33-35 days and my ovulation is hard to detect too but around day 17/18.

Don't give up hope coz you are still very young. My 2 cents worth of advice....if still no good news, it is better to seek gynae and seek help. Don't wait too long.

My husband and I waited mths and mths hoping for good news and then ended up in years and now we are already approaching 40's....so seek help early would be good.

Hi sunnyday77..

Yeah, i intend to seek help after CNY. its very sad to see my hubby's face when my mensus came.. cos i think he yearns for a kid more than me.. hehe.. although he tries to hide, but still can see..

so envy those who are mummys and mum to be!

Hi all

I'm kinda new here. So please bear with me ya.

I've bene trying for bb for the past 2 yrs. No good news for me yet. Went to this popular sinseh in Jurong, also no news. But she recommended Dr Fong. And he has been helpful to me.

Been on Clomid for the past 1 yr+ & still no good news. So Hub & me decided to try SO-IUI. We injected for the 1st time last Weds.

Went for scanning today & I got 4 maturing follicles. I cant believe that on CD8, I got one follicle with the size of 15mm already. Used to be 10mm on CD12. I'm relieved.

I know that it doesnt mean very good news. But it's a sign of relieve for Hub & me. Will be going for another scan this Thu, hopefully the follicle has reached 18mm by then. For us to proceed with IUI.

I've been taking folic acid. Any suggestions on food I can take so that the follicles will grow?

hi new here as well... being diag with PCOS.. being trying for a kid for the past 7 months but failed... so seeking gynae help.. have been sexually active during Rs times for 2 years using withdrawl method.. menses all these while wasnt regular... nw waiting to take clomide after mense come... n it has gone haywire now....

Hi Ladies,
This thread is really moving very slowly.
There's another TTC thread "(2009) TTC-ing for 2009 BabySsss!! Come On!" on singaporemotherhood.com, its very active.

I have been trying to conceive abt 3 month plus. My cycle for menses is abt 30+day. My last menses is on 3/2/09 but on 13/02/09 to 18/02/09 I start to discharge abt brownish blood.Is this normal? Will it affect my chances of conceive? Pls advice me.. I longing for a baby.

Hi Sindy, is there a chance you may be pregnant? As I understand, when a fertilized egg implants into the uterus lining, there may be some brownish discharge.

Hi all,

I have been trying to conceive from the past few months for #2. My gynae even help me calculate my ovulation date when I went for my PAP Smear test 2 weeks ago. She mentioned that my cycle is slightly longer around 33-34 days. So my ovulvation date should be on Day 17. However, I tested with the ovulvation kit since Day 16. Today is already Day 21 but everyday I test, it always shows negative.

Can I check if anyone has such problem b4?
Have my ovulation been delayed or what?
Very troubled by this.

Hi,

Stress can also affect ovulation. Maybe your ovulation is not very regular. So it is better to see gynae and let them take the blood test

Hi cactus_79 I not sure leh.. if now to do the prenancy test is too early. but my last cycle also have this problem. really how i am pregant soon

already 1 week since i have this brownish discharge(16 feb - 21 feb).my last menses is on 3 feb 09.. my next cycle is on 3march. how come i have this brownish discharge? can any kind soul advise me? i did a pregnancy test today.. it show negative.. is it too early to detect? pls pls i need advise?

Dear all

I have 2 boxes of preseed. Selling at $30 per box or $55 for 2 boxes.

Meet up at AMK MRT/ raffles place MRT. Other MRT stations can be arranged depending on convenience

Interested, pls PM or email me [email protected]

Hi all,

I am married for 2 years and have also been TTC for the past 2 months but no success. My chinese sinseh went through my 2 months temperature chart and it seems that I am ovulating. She is suspecting that it could be my hubby's problem and requested him to do sperm count test. So i guess ladies, we need to get our hubby to do his part too and go for sperm count test if there is no success after many tries.

Hi Hi,

I married for 1 yrs plus and over 30 years old...

I have super irregular menses and tried Clomid twice...the 1st time i tried, i went for blood test to see whether i have "egg"...

But negative and Zero egg, so doctor advise me to take 3 pill instead of 2 from Day 2 to Day 7 (after my 1st day menses)...so 2 time tried the pill, my menses is super regular for that month but we are quite busy and never work hard...(u know what i mean)..hee

So this month is my 3rd time trying the pill, doctor told me this pill cannot try for more than 6 cycle....i tried to do it every 2 or 3 days after my 10 days (counting from my 1st day menses).....

I start to have headaches and feeling a bit giddy...is this a good sign?

Also i noticed once that my husdand sperm is yellow in colour (most time is white)..is it normal?

Hi Hi,

For my case, after i come my menses, from my 2nd to 7th day, i will take my pill (Am not regular). Then counting from 1st day of menses, on the 21 days, you can go to clinic & test your blood. The result will be out within 3 days...

This will be good to find out whether your "system is producing egg"...hope this help")

hi all...i am new here.

TTC for #1...
had Rd 1 of clomid...no eggs.
now on Metformin + round 2 clomid.

anyone knows where I can bring hubby for SA?

hi jasmine...

from what my gynae told me, i need to lose some weight, and she give me metformin & clomid...

when i did my own research,
metformin is supposed to be anti-diabetic drug,
but it also helps in the treatment of PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome)...

i hope there'll be eggs showing in my next ultrasound-scan.
still waiting for my next cycle to start, before I can start round 2 clomid.

dear mummies...
wish me luck & lots of baby dust....

dear ladies...
I'm so glad to find tis forum here..
finally I've found a place which can share all thse stress and worries..
Have been married since last Aug and been TTC since then but no news..
I'm 32 tis yr, overweight and under medication for high BP..menses super regular.. voices in my mind have been asking if it;s becos of all these tat I'm unable to conceive. Though my hubby & myself had never truly discussed on having babies and to take things naturally.. but I can feel tat he's as anxious as me to become a parent soon.. esp for me since biological clock is ticking every seconds..
and wif the constant pressure from MIL since my hubby is the only male children they have.. expectations have to be met !
Close frens (whom r already mummies) have said I'm being too anxious.. and shld try naturally for at least a yr b4 seekin any doc's advice..
Am reali in a lost.. shld I go for a pre-pregnancy test at least ? Or jus try for another 6tmhs naturally..
Any advice and good female gynae to recommend ?
pls help...

hi whoofy,

i am also 32 this yr.. and started to try for abt 7-8mths alr.. my mense not v on the dot kind.. varies cycle to cyle.. but usually still within 29-35days.

aft i ttc for abt 5mths, we went to do all the fertility chk.. maybe u shld do the same.. our main problem is hubby's sperm no gd.

currently on my last cycle of clomid.. hopefull this last cycle can bring me some gd news

for couples after 30. if try for 6mth can't conceive then shld do check up liao..

but if u are hesitant to do chkup.. then maybe u can try another 2 mths intensively.. meaning make sure u BD alternate days during fertile time, using OPK to pinpoint ovulation & BD etc..

my GYN is male one.. so can't do recommendation for u..

Gd Luck!

hi NEW
thks for the advice.. I've managed to make an appt next wk wif Dr TT Yong (female) from SGH for a consultation & check ups perhaps.. will see where we go from there..
its ok u unable to intro ur gynae.. we can still share our experiences here.. all the best to us..

Hi I have the following to let go.

a) ClearBlue Ovulation Test Kit (expired Jun2010)- 4pcs - selling at $40 with FOC 3pcs OPK strip (expired Nov2010) + local normal postage

b) Midstream Ovulation Test kit (expired Oct2009) - 6pcs - selling at $18 with FOC 3pcs OPK strip (expired Nov2010) + local normal postage

Thanks and regards

Hi all,
I've got a little dilemma. I wish to try for a baby, but both mine and HB job seems unstable. Low demand for co services/products and worried abt kenna axe. We can tahan like 3 mths w lost of 1 income only. If you were in my shoes, will you forge ahead?

Hi whoofyJO,
My gynae recommend me to go back to him if tried 3 mths and no success. I'm 29.

Hi All.

I am starting to try to conceive. Would like some advise on what should I take note of?

I had started taking folic acid tablets and my hubby is taking them too.

I had also starting using the ovulation test strip and also ovulation calendar. My period is very regular and punctual.

hi all, i'm new to this thread. have been ttc for #2 for ~6 months. now age 32 and wish to have 2nd one before i hit 35 YO.

Will be trying OPK for 1st time, but still waiting for menses to come here. It has been irregular and erratic. I can have spotting for abt 3-4 then the regular flow comes. Sometimes it's 25 day cycle, sometimes not...

Can anyone recommend a good female gynae? I would like to switch from my current one else I'm not very comfortable with her...

kell : I think you should go ahead and try for bb. If it's God's will, then you'll have a baby and money issues can work out. I believe in singapore, one can definitely find work and dun starve.
happy.gif
It's better to try for bb while we are still young.

hi wishstar, some ppl may experience implantation bleeding (when the fertilized egg 'buries' itself into uterus or something). this bleeding may be for a couple of days ago. according to what i read, this may occur 6-12 days after conceiving. Did you have this kind of bleeding?

hi wishstar, 2 mths is quite long. maybe u can test again first thing in morning - it is more accurate. which brand did you wish? the cheaper ones may not work v well.

think u should see a gynae who can confirm whether u are preggie or not. If not, gynae can also check why your menses is late and prescribe med to make it come. This happened to me before - it was prob due to stress why my menses was late. took hormone pills to make it come.

hi wishstar, it's best to test in morning as the level of hcg is supposingly highest then. erm, u can try the clearblue one - which is more accurate.

re gynae, you can look around and then just call for an appt. maybe u can search around the forum on which gynae to contact. but some gynae charges could be quite high. if u like, u can go to a female GP first. i'm not sure if GP has equipment to confirm pregnancy though... cos for gynae, they can check heartbeat or vaginal scan to really check if u are preggie.

Back