2WW - for those TTC-ing

Actually Clomid is more for those with PCOS, maybe ask your doc for another called Femara/Letrozole. Also to induce ovulation but no effect on lining. For me, I took femara..
Good idea I ask when I visit nuh on 27th jam see if they can prescribe ferama for me. I think I don't have ovulation issues. But with help of this medication confirmed will ovulate and easier to track O

Thanks for the info, ladies :)

My skin get itchy recently, not sure if it's the side effects of clomid..

I jus read online clomid might cause cryst too..so scary..cannot dun take but taking it gotta worry side effects..

The aspirin is to be taken that with clomid?

aspirins cannot anyhow take cos if you are allergic then very bad..check with your doc 1st

i think i am mildly PCOS cos there was once during v scans my doc told me i hv some a cyst on one of my ovary then another time scan then disappear, but then i read of the many signs and symptoms on the list, i appear to have most of them..

so actually i was prescribed femara cos also once during my other scan doc was very sure i didn't ovulate and also of my lining problem (too thin)

you can ask your doc again if you see her/him next time ask for femara if clomid not working for you or has much side effects..i took femara no much side effects..maybe im not that sensitive but i dun feel anything that time..how long did you took clomid as in how many days in a month and dosage?

Stoney- my gynae was suggesting I do SO-IUI. So am considering. How does it work? Everyday injection at tummy? Is it painful?

Ermm... A silly qn to ask.

How do you all calculate the start of the 2WW?

My periods are quite regular, ranging from 28 - 30days.

My last period started on 25 Dec, and cleared by around 29 Dec.

I used those online ovulation calculator and cos it needs to state the est duration, it was given that I will ovulate around 5-7 Dec. But different calculators will give different results! o_O

So wana check with you gals on how you would calculate the start of the 2WW, if using my example?
My thought is that I should be in my 2WW starting from today?

Hi whinypooh, i count my 2ww from O day. ie. 2 weeks after O day.
Did you try testing with O strips to determine which day exactly?
Assuming your cycle is 28-30 days, O day should be on day 14 to 16...
so 14 days after 14 or 16.

Hi ladies, ask a silly question here.. When we have our AF, it doesn't necessary mean that we have ovulated, right? Also , if we use an ovulation test kit /strip and detected LH surge (smiley face from digital ovulation test kit or a dark test line for ovulation test strip), it also doesn't mean we will eventually ovulate, right? I think I read it somewhere.. The LH surge doesn't tell you if the egg will eventually be released. So how will we know for sure if the egg is being released from ovary? Via intravaginal scan / ultrasound scan? Sometimes I wonder if I actually ovulated.. Sigh.. Ovulation test kit gives me smiley face but I can't know for sure if I actually ovulated :(

Hi ladies, ask a silly question here.. When we have our AF, it doesn't necessary mean that we have ovulated, right? Also , if we use an ovulation test kit /strip and detected LH surge (smiley face from digital ovulation test kit or a dark test line for ovulation test strip), it also doesn't mean we will eventually ovulate, right? I think I read it somewhere.. The LH surge doesn't tell you if the egg will eventually be released. So how will we know for sure if the egg is being released from ovary? Via intravaginal scan / ultrasound scan? Sometimes I wonder if I actually ovulated.. Sigh.. Ovulation test kit gives me smiley face but I can't know for sure if I actually ovulated :(

Hi angel_mommy, u are right in both questions... from what I read and realised only recently :(
So i think the only way is via V scan... This self read bio lesson is making me crazy. Is the kit still giving you a smiley face? Have you tried monitoring BBT?

I used to do BBT + muscus monitoring + OPK + TCM and conceived #1 within 2 cycles. If can read all signs together will be good.
now lazy... coz I keep waking up at night and BBT not so accurate.

hi hi,
pooh232 reporting here !

how is everyone here ?
i see so many new names and so many postings, until i blur blur !

hope that everyone has a good break and back to our engine mode again !
havent been doing anything or trying ! for time being, timing a break to recover !

Hi buddy stoney !
so long didnt hear from me, got miss me ??

hi blur02 !
how have u been?
can see the gender of the bb already ?

hi hopeful mom and angel mommy !
how are 2 of you ??? i am super relax mode , cannot ttc yet !

Hi ppl

I am new to this forum

Been really TTC for a year already...but have been on off trying since my marriage in year 2010. TCM since Aug...

:)Hi doodoo123, I checked my bills. My first visit to gynae with virginal scan costs $150, second visit $50. My gynae charges are considered low...
I was just about to ask what is HSG test! Thanks hopeful_mum. wow u know a lot leh!

Thanks babysee and Jrin for the advice! $150 sounds reasonable... what consists in a virginal scan... is it like an x-ray? so it's non invasive? can go anytime of the cycle or specific time? soo.... if i call a random gynae and ask for it... i just say i wanna do v-scan, or say i wanna do fertility check? sorry for the bombarding of questions... i have never been to a gynae before... >.<

pooh,
i miss u so much.... lol...
finally c u here. hw are u?

Hmm.. Finally detect O ytd. whahaha... something gd. tonite will BD. whahaha. according to my Sinseh is to BD the day after detect O. lol...

Need all the baby dusts.... kekeke....

Hi angel_mommy, u are right in both questions... from what I read and realised only recently :(
So i think the only way is via V scan... This self read bio lesson is making me crazy. Is the kit still giving you a smiley face? Have you tried monitoring BBT?

I used to do BBT + muscus monitoring + OPK + TCM and conceived #1 within 2 cycles. If can read all signs together will be good.
now lazy... coz I keep waking up at night and BBT not so accurate.
Thanks babysee, I am trying to take my bbt every morning too.. One thing I realised is, every time when my AF is gg to come on that day, my temp will drop drastically ... Very "zun" one.. That day sure will come.. But this cycle I'm taking since day 1 of my cycle.. Not TTC yet but more so that when I see the TCM on last week of jan, I can show her cos heard from those who are seeing her that she will ask to take bbt.. Hope to tiao my body properly ..

pooh,
i miss u so much.... lol...
finally c u here. hw are u?

Hmm.. Finally detect O ytd. whahaha... something gd. tonite will BD. whahaha. according to my Sinseh is to BD the day after detect O. lol...

Need all the baby dusts.... kekeke....
Great Stoney!:) work hard tonight:) so far how many visits to your TCM ? The one at Jurong east, right?:) that day I called dr tan Siew buoy 's clinic .. The nurse told usually for first time patient, the consultation time will be longer, about 30 mins .. So they need to find a 30 mins slot for first time patient , hence the long waiting appointment date. I'll go and see her on last week of jan .. Already took leave from
Work .. Hope TCM will help to tiao my body well:) you Jia you, okie:)

Thanks babysee and Jrin for the advice! $150 sounds reasonable... what consists in a virginal scan... is it like an x-ray? so it's non invasive? can go anytime of the cycle or specific time? soo.... if i call a random gynae and ask for it... i just say i wanna do v-scan, or say i wanna do fertility check? sorry for the bombarding of questions... i have never been to a gynae before... >.<

Hi doodoo123, virginal scan is using a stick and insert into your virginal... yes it's invasive wor. My gynae suggested me to see him on day 12, counting from first day of last menses, if egg not mature, he wil see me again few days later. He did not charge me consultation fees for the secnd visit. from these scans, he will see if I have any egg, am I PCOS, did the egg mature.

Great Stoney!:) work hard tonight:) so far how many visits to your TCM ? The one at Jurong east, right?:) that day I called dr tan Siew buoy 's clinic .. The nurse told usually for first time patient, the consultation time will be longer, about 30 mins .. So they need to find a 30 mins slot for first time patient , hence the long waiting appointment date. I'll go and see her on last week of jan .. Already took leave from
Work .. Hope TCM will help to tiao my body well:) you Jia you, okie:)

hahaha... only c her one time. mayb goin to c her tis wkend. been quite busy.
she ask me to keep and label all my ovulation strips. tink tis is to help her to c my case ba.
keke....

wah today the thread so busy!!

Pooh - thanks! im doing okay. not signs spotting since im not actively trying. lol AF will report by 24th Jan latest. but according to O, and 14 days luteal phase, my tww shd end by 18th Jan though, haha meaning if I want to test can test same time as ChrisL. I shd be abt 4DPO today.

how are U?? recovered?

stoney - Cool!! enjoy the night :)

angelmummy - rem to get enough slp daily for bbt. I always salute those of you who can take bbt. I find it stressful. I did it for a mth (including days when I cannot wake up). lol then I totally gave up!

Hi whinypooh, i count my 2ww from O day. ie. 2 weeks after O day.
Did you try testing with O strips to determine which day exactly?
Assuming your cycle is 28-30 days, O day should be on day 14 to 16...
so 14 days after 14 or 16.

Thanks babysee!

Cos I dont test for O so can't determine when is the actual day to start calculating the 2WW.

I guess mine shld b around now since it's my mid-cycle now.

Today is day3.. Just went to BCC to her his herbs. He ask me to see him on Sunday again to feel my pulse..
Are u doing this cycle in Sing?

No lah this cycle is natural as we're waiting so might as well..my nuh appointment is in feb. Wah i saw your post on the other thread, congrats on the good harvest hehe you transfer how many this time? Your is a day 2 or 3 transfer?

No lah this cycle is natural as we're waiting so might as well..my nuh appointment is in feb. Wah i saw your post on the other thread, congrats on the good harvest hehe you transfer how many this time? Your is a day 2 or 3 transfer?

Hahaha.. Not v gd harvest lah but at least I think quantity is better. Day 3 transfer. Same as 1st cycle only 2 usable ones. 1 with 9 cells the other 5 cells.

How long are u back in Sing? Gd luck to you!! Hope we bfp together!!

Hahaha.. Not v gd harvest lah but at least I think quantity is better. Day 3 transfer. Same as 1st cycle only 2 usable ones. 1 with 9 cells the other 5 cells.

Yesh! All the best to you too! Me if coming back might stay very long..and my hb is not keen to be away from me for so long so actually im still in delimma..and hv not even booked airtix ..hmm might actually postpone my appt worse come to worse..

Reading e thread makes me hv mix feeling whether to do ivf straight or to try clomid agn., Was successful e first tyme bt miscarriage at 8wks gestation..

IMHO it depends on the reason of the infertility.
I tried clomid iui thrice and failed. Did 1st ivf cycle n was lucky. Had a mc for my natural conceive cycle. N reason was bb had 43 chromosome.. All things seem to boil down to bad quality eggs. So ivf is prob the only way for me

Reading e thread makes me hv mix feeling whether to do ivf straight or to try clomid agn., Was successful e first tyme bt miscarriage at 8wks gestation..

hey gal..hugs for you..not easy for many of us..actually ivf not a sure cut way to get preggy depends on luck too, very good e.g is my case tried many rounds still no news..and moreover ivf higher chances of miscarriage and not to mention taxing for the wallet. I bfp my 2nd rounds but still mc at 11.5weeks..so try natural for some time and give your body time to adjust to the medication..someone i know got preggy naturally with clomid and now got 2 boys..so there is hope ok gal..

Yesh! All the best to you too! Me if coming back might stay very long..and my hb is not keen to be away from me for so long so actually im still in delimma..and hv not even booked airtix ..hmm might actually postpone my appt worse come to worse..
Hopefully you don't need to come back to sing!! Cux u ve bfp this mth le!! Keep us updated..

IMHO it depends on the reason of the infertility.
I tried clomid iui thrice and failed. Did 1st ivf cycle n was lucky. Had a mc for my natural conceive cycle. N reason was bb had 43 chromosome.. All things seem to boil down to bad quality eggs. So ivf is prob the only way for me
My prob is jus PCOS. hub n me normal... Dr do not know e reasons for miscarriage...

hey gal..hugs for you..not easy for many of us..actually ivf not a sure cut way to get preggy depends on luck too, very good e.g is my case tried many rounds still no news..and moreover ivf higher chances of miscarriage and not to mention taxing for the wallet. I bfp my 2nd rounds but still mc at 11.5weeks..so try natural for some time and give your body time to adjust to the medication..someone i know got preggy naturally with clomid and now got 2 boys..so there is hope ok gal..
Thankz chrisl... Natural?? Wif meds or supplement?

yes you are right unfortunately having AF doesn't mean we ovulate, just that the lining is shed cos there is no implantation of embryo. If there is a surge, your body will also give you other signs like Egg white cervical mucus, horny, ovulation pain and warm etc..but not easy to detect all these symptoms as not all of us are that sensitive. But if you keep track ovulation pain happens when you hv lower back aches too, so if you hv some kinda of pain and most importantly the state of your mucus you should be able to more or less track if you ovulated..so best bet is when you see the smiley do the deed withnin 24hours as the egg will die off 24hrs later if no implantation and even if you bd early as soon as you can after smiley the swimmers will stay in the womb for up to 6 days, so even if you ovulate late, the swimmers will still be there and there is a chance of them meeting and fertilizing..

but then again, not only women, men also plays a part in making good swimmers..your hb swimmers must be cooperative as well..so i say...not everyone has smooth path in ttcing efforts..some very easy do it even once then strike already..lucky indeed!

yes you are right unfortunately having AF doesn't mean we ovulate, just that the lining is shed cos there is no implantation of embryo. If there is a surge, your body will also give you other signs like Egg white cervical mucus, horny, ovulation pain and warm etc..but not easy to detect all these symptoms as not all of us are that sensitive. But if you keep track ovulation pain happens when you hv lower back aches too, so if you hv some kinda of pain and most importantly the state of your mucus you should be able to more or less track if you ovulated..so best bet is when you see the smiley do the deed withnin 24hours as the egg will die off 24hrs later if no implantation and even if you bd early as soon as you can after smiley the swimmers will stay in the womb for up to 6 days, so even if you ovulate late, the swimmers will still be there and there is a chance of them meeting and fertilizing..

but then again, not only women, men also plays a part in making good swimmers..your hb swimmers must be cooperative as well..so i say...not everyone has smooth path in ttcing efforts..some very easy do it even once then strike already..lucky indeed!

Thanks for sharing:) actually it takes a lot of discipline to take bbt.. And sometimes I wonder if my bbt is taken properly cos my little son if he wakes up earlier when it was still dark in the early morning to want to pass urine, he will call me and I'll wake up to attend to him. So my bbt is not truly a true blue bbt. But I jus try to take.. See how long I can last.. Hahah..

You are right to say there are many factors to successfully conceive a baby.. Both wife and hubby play a part.. Really not easy.. I guess I'll jus continue to check for ovulation, especially becos I had my laparoscopy done last yeAr late nov.. So jus wanna make sure nothing goes haywire..

wah today the thread so busy!!

Pooh - thanks! im doing okay. not signs spotting since im not actively trying. lol AF will report by 24th Jan latest. but according to O, and 14 days luteal phase, my tww shd end by 18th Jan though, haha meaning if I want to test can test same time as ChrisL. I shd be abt 4DPO today.

how are U?? recovered?

stoney - Cool!! enjoy the night :)

angelmummy - rem to get enough slp daily for bbt. I always salute those of you who can take bbt. I find it stressful. I did it for a mth (including days when I cannot wake up). lol then I totally gave up!

Hopeful mum, I also struggle to take bbt.. But I jus hang in there and see how long I can last.. Hahah..

hahaha... only c her one time. mayb goin to c her tis wkend. been quite busy.
she ask me to keep and label all my ovulation strips. tink tis is to help her to c my case ba.
keke....

Ya, keep and label the ovulation strips sounds useful for doc to have a better picture :) and can give better diagnosis and prescribe suitable medicine :)

Hi Angel_mommy

I am seeing Yu Ren Sheng at Tiong Bahru Plaza. Been taking medicines, does not feel or see any differences (maybe I am not too observation). My hubby aso seeing as well...

I think it is good that u and hubby also seeing the TCM to tiao your body at the same time:)

hi hi,
pooh232 reporting here !

how is everyone here ?
i see so many new names and so many postings, until i blur blur !

hope that everyone has a good break and back to our engine mode again !
havent been doing anything or trying ! for time being, timing a break to recover !

Hi buddy stoney !
so long didnt hear from me, got miss me ??

hi blur02 !
how have u been?
can see the gender of the bb already ?

hi hopeful mom and angel mommy !
how are 2 of you ??? i am super relax mode , cannot ttc yet !

Hi pooh, glad to hear that your are recuperating well and is in a relax mode.. Heheh.. Last dec I was relaxing the whole month but now back to work.. Super sian. Gyne told me not to carry heavy things for the next 3 months after my laparoscopy .. So you too, jus take good care and don't over exert yourself:) when u plan to start to TTC? :) are u still seeing dr Su?

Back