(2014) ivf mummies support group

Hi ladies! Good evening. I am new here and just got my first ultrascan today after my first ivf early in aug. Got twins.. Happy but scared of complications and risks for twins cos I m not very young.

@viven - I use dr Roland Chiang in parkway health. He also has clinic in mount e novena. Very skillful gyn. I saw a couple of others before him and none was successful.

@ dreamirene and joynpeace - when I did the ivf, the sincere clinic told me that by law I have to get the insurance for 2 embryo transfer which I did. There is only aia in the market now that does insurance for ivf.

I m also looking for insurance for this twins now. If you have any good recommendations, pls let me know. Thanks!!

Hi ladies! Good evening. I am new here and just got my first ultrascan today after my first ivf early in aug. Got twins.. Happy but scared of complications and risks for twins cos I m not very young.

@viven - I use dr Roland Chiang in parkway health. He also has clinic in mount e novena. Very skillful gyn. I saw a couple of others before him and none was successful.

@ dreamirene and joynpeace - when I did the ivf, the sincere clinic told me that by law I have to get the insurance for 2 embryo transfer which I did. There is only aia in the market now that does insurance for ivf.

I m also looking for insurance for this twins now. If you have any good recommendations, pls let me know. Thanks!!
Hi glitterystar, congrats!!! We have quite a few twin mummies!!
My hubby n I checked out our insurance policy for ivf.. Ours is under GE, so I think not only AIA. It does cover congenital illnesses and hospitalisations of newborn up to 180 days old. It gives daily benefit of up to $300 a day.

hi i1bb! your oscar results are really really good!! better than mine! so not to worry ok? =)

bb_luck, congrats on team blue!! hehe.. we have less shopping for clothes, but more $ to buy other stuff for baby! i always see cute pink/purple dresses for baby girls outside... but boy stuff must really hunt...

hi glitterystar, congrats on the twinnies!! take good care now and take more healthy food as much as possible ok?

joynpeace, can i check if you did the ivf with mount e clinic or novena care clinic? i need to go check my receipts also... the compulsory insurance (same across board for all ivf mummies) is from GE? Not AIA? I did do a check with my GE agent.. he said there are no policies from GE that covers unborn babies... so weird...

Thanks bb luck and little leech. Actually dr Loh alrdy told me low risk but I'm just curious abt the numbers cos he didn't bother to so call explain. Haha... Now fingers n toes crossed to detailed scan....

Good morning mummies... :p

mei2, now im begin to feel baby movement quite often.. hee.. very interesting...

littleleech, thanks! ya..boys like not much choices hor... got shorts, pants & tees only.... true can save $$ for other things though.. haa..
I intend to order some items from here.. custom-made romper & bib..something special.. check it out..
http://www.mylittlestylos.com/#!home/mainPage

i1bb, ur numbers are pretty good..! jia you! hee

glitterystay, congrats to u!!! wow so many twinnies mummies here!!!

morning all :D

congrat glitterystay! and welcome here :)

I waiting for more movement leh haha... ya boys are borigng :p but will oso be spending a lot especially its comes to RL's sale LOL!!

ya i1bb, ur numbers are good! just chill and relax for the detail scan

littleleech, the GE insurance only covers when we deliver for 180days :)

I felt a kick (twitch) yday when I was in car! got a shock for a moment then realised it might be my right twin disturbing me LOL! cant wait for more movement to come

I felt a kick (twitch) yday when I was in car! got a shock for a moment then realised it might be my right twin disturbing me LOL! cant wait for more movement to come

wow.. mummy mei, imagine both kicking at the same time... lol..

wow.. mei! thats too much.:eek:. moderate please.. still consider fast food right?

I guess so? I have no much choices for others leh.. dun like to eat beehoon now too :(
its only Mac breakfast I can think of lo.. not the lunch

I guess so? I have no much choices for others leh.. dun like to eat beehoon now too :(
its only Mac breakfast I can think of lo.. not the lunch

faint.. i understand how u feel.. same as u, i also love my chilli..have to control and eat plain n boring food.. hmm but sometime eat moderately should be ok kwa.. haa

faint.. i understand how u feel.. same as u, i also love my chilli..have to control and eat plain n boring food.. hmm but sometime eat moderately should be ok kwa.. haa
hee :p and that's the only food I eat with cheese *beside pizza :p wahahahha!

when is ur detail scan with dr anada?

hi thank you for your reply. i will think about it.

hee :p and that's the only food I eat with cheese *beside pizza :p wahahahha!

when is ur detail scan with dr anada?

my detail scan next thurs! haa.. so happy this month 2 weeks apart can see bb liao.. woooh..no need to wait so long.. :D

mei, RL website can order direct? they send to singapore? or need to vpost account?
Bb luck don't use vpost! I had a bad experience with them recently.. Ordered a fisher price toy from amazon thinking they can repack as the volumetric weight is quite high as it is a bulky item. In the end they refused to repack n charged me $140 shipping for a $40 toy. Try com gateway instead. Their customer service is better. If u google, I think u will find more negative reviews on vpost

hi i1bb! your oscar results are really really good!! better than mine! so not to worry ok? =)

bb_luck, congrats on team blue!! hehe.. we have less shopping for clothes, but more $ to buy other stuff for baby! i always see cute pink/purple dresses for baby girls outside... but boy stuff must really hunt...

hi glitterystar, congrats on the twinnies!! take good care now and take more healthy food as much as possible ok?

joynpeace, can i check if you did the ivf with mount e clinic or novena care clinic? i need to go check my receipts also... the compulsory insurance (same across board for all ivf mummies) is from GE? Not AIA? I did do a check with my GE agent.. he said there are no policies from GE that covers unborn babies... so weird...
I did my ivf at novena care.. I think CARE uses GE insurance.. Not sure abt other hospitals.. I think what your agent meant is pregnancy related policies. As the ivf policy is compulsory anyway, it doesn't require a lot of promoting, so I think some agents may not be aware of it as they don't need to promote it anyway.. Not sure if my guess is right. :)

Joynpeace, littleleech, just to share what i know. The ivf insurance we got is only for ivf patients. And only available thru ivf clinics n hospitals. Agents are not allowed to sell them hence, they wun know abt it. And my ivf nurse shared with me b4, the various insurance companies take turns to offer this insurance. They are basically obliged to offer this kind of insurance by moh as these plans are not lucrative at all. The only prenatal insurance avail in the mkt that covers ivf is axa and aia i think. Im thinking if i shld get them but the coverage not very fantastic so still considering.

ENVY!!! wahahahah

how u feel when ur apt is 5 weeks apart that time huh? LOL!

wait till neck long long like u la....:D btw, is it true better not to do ultrasound so often..? is it not so good for bb coz still got very minimal radiation? dono how true... ? olden days, mil and some aunty say they don do scanning that often...

thanks joy, for sharing the info.. wah so ridiculous lor charged add. $140!! Nope, not using vpost.. like so ma fan... prefers to purchase stuff that able to send direct postage rather then via 3rd party address.

wait till neck long long like u la....:D btw, is it true better not to do ultrasound so often..? is it not so good for bb coz still got very minimal radiation? dono how true... ? olden days, mil and some aunty say they don do scanning that often...

thanks joy, for sharing the info.. wah so ridiculous lor charged add. $140!! Nope, not using vpost.. like so ma fan... prefers to purchase stuff that able to send direct postage rather then via 3rd party address.
hmm I guess so? but once a mth is ok and nearer to the EDD date will be bi-weekly then weekly till delivery! *so exciting.. we are 1/2 way thru!

Joynpeace, littleleech, just to share what i know. The ivf insurance we got is only for ivf patients. And only available thru ivf clinics n hospitals. Agents are not allowed to sell them hence, they wun know abt it. And my ivf nurse shared with me b4, the various insurance companies take turns to offer this insurance. They are basically obliged to offer this kind of insurance by moh as these plans are not lucrative at all. The only prenatal insurance avail in the mkt that covers ivf is axa and aia i think. Im thinking if i shld get them but the coverage not very fantastic so still considering.
ganie, ya I'm oso considering too but since we have the GE one.. mayb I will get the bbies's health/hospital policies when they are out :D

Hi Ladies,

Any of you experience having yellowish or off white discharge? I find it weird that the past two days, I have such discharge.

want2bmummy, white/yellowish is normal *do let ur gynae know ur next visit
if itchy or green please go see asap ya :)

hmm I guess so? but once a mth is ok and nearer to the EDD date will be bi-weekly then weekly till delivery! *so exciting.. we are 1/2 way thru!

yes mei! halfway thru le... my tummy getting so obvious now... yes, also signed the package with my gyane last week..

ah I tot u sign long ago! haa
obvious is good leh.. means ppl see liao will give way

no la... coz, 5weeks later then see gyane since week 14 and the package only starts from week 16...

haa, no lei, that day took mrt with hubby, no one give seats lei.. lol.. then we walk to another cabin got reserved seats, so proud to sit on it...feeling very shiok... lol :D

wantabmummy, i think is normal too for the discharge.. drink lot of water.. it could be too heaty..

bbfaith, hugsss and love ~
Pls do not give up! i believe once you have tried, you will gain something you want eventually.
Is just a timing issue..

Thxs, Kmei2, bb_luck and Littleleech.

@kmei2 - you also having twins too? Must be exciting to feel your bb kick you. Is it identical or fraternal twins? I am having fracternal twins. 2 of the embyros got implanted during the ET process. My dr told me that prenatal tests for twins is a bit complex. I am in the high-risk group cos of my age so he said oscars wont be accurate. What sort of prenatal tests did you do?

hi ladies - have anyone done Harmony Prenatal tests or amniocentesis prenatal tests? i heard amniocentesis is very risky cos it may cause MC... Oscar seems to be the most common test but with my age, the result wont be accurate according to my gyn...

Thxs, Kmei2, bb_luck and Littleleech.

@kmei2 - you also having twins too? Must be exciting to feel your bb kick you. Is it identical or fraternal twins? I am having fracternal twins. 2 of the embyros got implanted during the ET process. My dr told me that prenatal tests for twins is a bit complex. I am in the high-risk group cos of my age so he said oscars wont be accurate. What sort of prenatal tests did you do?

hi ladies - have anyone done Harmony Prenatal tests or amniocentesis prenatal tests? i heard amniocentesis is very risky cos it may cause MC... Oscar seems to be the most common test but with my age, the result wont be accurate according to my gyn...

hee fraternal too :D I went for Oscar and yup the NT scan was higher then average so went for 2nd opinion as do not wish to go Amnio as the risk is much higher..2nd opinion was good hence I cancelled the amnio and now looking forward to the detail scan in another 2 weeks time!

morning mummies... nice weather to Zzzzz..

summer, yes took the package with my gynae till give birth.. so next visit no need to pay the consultation fee lo.. probably only the supplement kwa.. if took the package, the maternity package to deliver also cheaper.. but not sure abt kkh..

Back