(2014) ivf mummies support group

Hi ladies, it has been along time since I login.

I have some weird feeling which I can't really tell if they r light cramps. Occasionally, it does feel like. Does anyone encounter such symptom?
yvejen, light cramps mayb uterus expanding.. monitor it and let gynae know next visit.. as long as no spotting etc.. shld be ok
*I suppose its not often?

Hmm bb_luck
Except that I have 4 yr old who leave rice, noodles, bread crumbs, chocolate stains around while she eats ;p
What cream are you using? I used Clarins during my first pregnancy, just wondering if there are better ones now...

me too, I'm using Clarins Stretch mark cream.. now already on 2nd tube lo.. quite ok, the smell is still quite pleasant not very strong.

Kmei, is on n off....n the best thing is sometimes I'm not too sure if they r cramps or just sm weird stretchy feeling.

Dreamirene, dr loh gv u a choice? All he asked if I wanna do an oscar casually n so I just casually agreed...haha

Dreamirene, dr loh gv u a choice? All he asked if I wanna do an oscar casually n so I just casually agreed...haha

yvejen, i wouldnt say he really gave me a choice...he just asks us if we wan to do oscars though the risk is low..but he disclaim saying oscars may sometimes hav a false alarm...that's how he went on to mention about harmonial test.. think i will go ahead wiht oscars...seems like bulk of the sis stick to oscars...

i am getting so sick of taking tcm med...just the smell of the boiling almost made me puke though i didnt hav any mS....i feel totally normal other than waking up in middle of night to go washroom (never in the past as i can sleep throughout the night) such that sometimes i forgot i am preg...Coming wed is my scan at 8th week...hope everything is going on well....
do all of u hav symptoms?

Hi Kmei2
In France (where I am currently), actually the woman only entitled to 3 scans during the pregnancy, at 3,5,7 mths.
Wonder how they survive man.... For my first pregnancy, since it was also IVF, somehow or rather, I managed to have scans monthly.
If this time, gynae never issue me monthly scans, for sure I'm going to pay for it.
Another Lucky Gal who hubby shares housework :)

Away, u arent the only one....my hubby is too busy with work and studies to do any housework...thankfully, i stayed with MIL...so she has always been helping wiht the housework...i used to vaccum the floor on Sun and sometimes mop...but ever since preg, i stopped cos i am also scared....went thru so much injections and dun wan to take any chances...i do feel guilty and if vaccum is ok, mayb i may do a bit again...

Kmei, is on n off....n the best thing is sometimes I'm not too sure if they r cramps or just sm weird stretchy feeling.
dun worry too much :) highlight to ur gynae next visit.. unless its really bad then go A&E straight ya

yvejen, i wouldnt say he really gave me a choice...he just asks us if we wan to do oscars though the risk is low..but he disclaim saying oscars may sometimes hav a false alarm...that's how he went on to mention about harmonial test.. think i will go ahead wiht oscars...seems like bulk of the sis stick to oscars...

i am getting so sick of taking tcm med...just the smell of the boiling almost made me puke though i didnt hav any mS....i feel totally normal other than waking up in middle of night to go washroom (never in the past as i can sleep throughout the night) such that sometimes i forgot i am preg...Coming wed is my scan at 8th week...hope everything is going on well....
do all of u hav symptoms?

dreamirene, I still wake up in the middle of the nite at least 2x *zz
beside that's no MS but once I hit 2nd trimester.. applying body powder makes me gagged.. even brushing of teeth :p

morning mummies.. friday lo....

hmm, mei i also enjoyed my bf today.. porridge.. haa
hee nice!! I thinkin of lunch now!!

I give in to see gynae yday... but feeling relieved both are well and the hardening feeling is ok as long as not often *I tink bladder too full causes that too LOL!

Kmei, 2 weeks more to my next scan...so long...but I'll bear in mind.

Dreamirene, I oso hv problem with the tcm med n worst I'll puke everything plus food out after the very 1st mouth. That's y I hv lost weight instead of putting on. But tcm physician told me I still hv to continue though I hv passed 1st trimester.

hee nice!! I thinkin of lunch now!!

I give in to see gynae yday... but feeling relieved both are well and the hardening feeling is ok as long as not often *I tink bladder too full causes that too LOL!

haa mei.. u cannot tahan ah... hee good to hear! soo happy for u 3!!! u meant harden feeling from tummy right? me too, when baby moving actively, i can feel my tummy hardening..

yea, try to clear bladder as often as possible, now 2nd tri... not really gg as much as 1st tri but still go lor at nite too... haa :p

Dreamirene, I oso hv problem with the tcm med n worst I'll puke everything plus food out after the very 1st mouth. That's y I hv lost weight instead of putting on. But tcm physician told me I still hv to continue though I hv passed 1st trimester.

take good care ya!

yvejen & dreamirene, i always thought that after pregnant shoould not continue with TCM med liao.. if not too bu isnt it... ?

haa mei.. u cannot tahan ah... hee good to hear! soo happy for u 3!!! u meant harden feeling from tummy right? me too, when baby moving actively, i can feel my tummy hardening..

yea, try to clear bladder as often as possible, now 2nd tri... not really gg as much as 1st tri but still go lor at nite too... haa :p

hmm I tink mine still same leh.. at least 2x.. max 4x.. really disturb my sleep!
ya hardening - coz mine I only feel fluttering nia.. not really movement hee

oh yes! at the meantime I will still be considering TMC as my delivery hospital beside KKH haha!
the gynae told me to decide only when I have passed 32 weeks so I tink as long as later stage no complicated its safe to delivery my twinnie in TMC :D
if not will just stick to KKH

hmm I tink mine still same leh.. at least 2x.. max 4x.. really disturb my sleep!
ya hardening - coz mine I only feel fluttering nia.. not really movement hee

are they both pressing ur bladder? haa they snuggling inside u lar... u should be fine... hee

oh yes! at the meantime I will still be considering TMC as my delivery hospital beside KKH haha!
the gynae told me to decide only when I have passed 32 weeks so I tink as long as later stage no complicated its safe to delivery my twinnie in TMC :D

haa... good for u.. luckily u don have to decide with KKH first coz they don have package now right? pay as u visit?

haha! mayb? but cant sleep well lo.. keke

ya i know.. me also havent been sleeping well.. unless i really tired and the weather is cooling and sleeping position is also killing me too... so i will nap every weekend to replenish my loss of sleep from weekdays... but i think is worth it overall...! cant wait to see my bb.., haa.. :D

ya i know.. me also havent been sleeping well.. unless i really tired and the weather is cooling and sleeping position is also killing me too... so i will nap every weekend to replenish my loss of sleep from weekdays... but i think is worth it overall...! cant wait to see my bb.., haa.. :D
yes yes! haa the position :p does ur bolster helps u better?
I need 2 bolsters and 2 pillows to sleep now :p

yes yes! haa the position :p does ur bolster helps u better?
I need 2 bolsters and 2 pillows to sleep now :p

not much really.. although it does help to support my back.. still will wake up to re-position myself.. now cannot anyhow sleep.. haa..

yvejen & dreamirene, i always thought that after pregnant shoould not continue with TCM med liao.. if not too bu isnt it... ?

yvejen, i rem ur TCM is TSB, right? mine too....yah...she said that some of her patients still see her till delivery...i am still having second thoughts on that..i prob will ask Dr Loh and see what he says...i dun think a lot of sis are taking tcm now...so i think mayb take till trimester 1 is over.. but yvejen, u take care too...though i heard is common to lose weight initially...mayb light food will b better for ur taste buds? i can still eat ok at the moment though my mouth always very bland nowadays...had kimchi soup yesterday and was so yummy...i think kim chi is cooling so i only dare to take once in a while...yesterday was raining and cold...

bb luck, i dunno abt that though i was worried they may interfere too much...On the other hand, mil was telling me not to take tcm for too long...

by the way, do any of you stick with Dr Loh all the way? i am thinking whether to change gynae once everything has stabilised....when do pple change gynae huh??

Dreamirene, (touch wood) my ms has subsided quite a bit though still no craving. But I still vomit with the 1st mouth of the tcm med. Hopefully, can put on sm weight.

me too, I'm using Clarins Stretch mark cream.. now already on 2nd tube lo.. quite ok, the smell is still quite pleasant not very strong.
hi bb_luck,
what i used to use was the Clarins Tonic Oil... yah and i love the smell too... :)

Away, u arent the only one....my hubby is too busy with work and studies to do any housework...thankfully, i stayed with MIL...so she has always been helping wiht the housework...i used to vaccum the floor on Sun and sometimes mop...but ever since preg, i stopped cos i am also scared....went thru so much injections and dun wan to take any chances...i do feel guilty and if vaccum is ok, mayb i may do a bit again...
Hi dreamirene
Heehee.... at least you are one of the minority who says "thankfully, i stayed with MIL" coz usually it's the opposite :p
Yah, better not take the risk and regret right.

Talking about TCM, i contemplated seeking TCM for my spotting problem. I checked with my doc, THH and he said that best not to because you dunno if the TCM herbs will interfere with the support meds, so no choice, I gave up the idea. I think so long as you are not on support meds, going for TCM is fine?

Dreamirene, (touch wood) my ms has subsided quite a bit though still no craving. But I still vomit with the 1st mouth of the tcm med. Hopefully, can put on sm weight.
Yvejen, my appetite remains bad though it has improved considerably. I am still not gaining weight too. Would u like to check with your doc on your situation cos I assumed you are at the 2nd trim?

Haha, meimei, can share w us why TMC? What is the price difference ah? Worth considering if the difference is great.

any ladies here having grey hair issue? any plans to colour the grey hairs? i have a few strands of grey hair popping out and I am so depressed over it. contemplating whether to touch up the roots once I cross to the 2nd trim.

I saw this video on hair dye during pregnancy last week. I got a lot of grey hair unfortunately cos old liao so guess it comes with age :( Can dye after 2nd trimester :

http://www.thebump.com/videos/is-nail-polish-and-hair-dye-safe-when-pregnant?id=1091803529001

On mani and pedicure, can do but must avoid nail polish with DBP. OPI used in most saloons are ok. I dont do mani cos i do houseowrk but i do pedi cos hard to cut toenails. heee. Here's the article :

http://blog.thebump.com/2012/04/12/whoa-some-nail-polish-says-its-non-toxic-but-really-isnt/

Last edited:
Haha! Chill! Mac has investigated & the so-called lizard is nothing but a drained chicken vein. So it's still safe to eat Mac!

i am so relieved by this news cos i ate the new Mac chicken breakfast set just the other day. haha. It's actually like the chicken burger but with muffin and egg.. hmmm.

I saw this video on hair dye during pregnancy last week. I got a lot of grey hair unfortunately cos old liao so guess it comes with age :( Can dye after 2nd trimester :

http://www.thebump.com/videos/is-nail-polish-and-hair-dye-safe-when-pregnant?id=1091803529001

On mani and pedicure, can do but must avoid nail polish with DBP. OPI used in most saloons are ok. I dont do mani cos i do houseowrk but i do pedi cos hard to cut toenails. heee. Here's the article :

http://blog.thebump.com/2012/04/12/whoa-some-nail-polish-says-its-non-toxic-but-really-isnt/
Thanks for sharing! Hair Mascara is a good idea too since I guess we would try to stretch the time to re-touch the colors.
I used to do gelish nails, but Im stopping during pregnancy as have to soak the nails in the solution to remove it, guess it's more invasive.

Anyone experience heartburn and difficulties to digest?
Do you take any medication to help?

I experience heartburn eating things that are more difficult to digest, and the worst is Milk.
As my breakfast is usually hot chocolate milk with toast bread, every morning after breakfast, the heartburn is really bad.

Haha, meimei, can share w us why TMC? What is the price difference ah? Worth considering if the difference is great.
summer, mayb coz my #1 is delivered at TMC so I always wanted to be the same hospital too LOL!
price wise is not a big difference as we are paying private rate at KKH too.. but after discussion with hubby, we decided that we will just stick to KKH as Dr Tan is more experienced with delivering twins :D

Anyone experience heartburn and difficulties to digest?
Do you take any medication to help?

I experience heartburn eating things that are more difficult to digest, and the worst is Milk.
As my breakfast is usually hot chocolate milk with toast bread, every morning after breakfast, the heartburn is really bad.
heh heh, sorry, what's the feeling of heartburn??

summer, mayb coz my #1 is delivered at TMC so I always wanted to be the same hospital too LOL!
price wise is not a big difference as we are paying private rate at KKH too.. but after discussion with hubby, we decided that we will just stick to KKH as Dr Tan is more experienced with delivering twins :D
Ok, the other time I walked into TPS, ehh..quite nice ley, environment is like so spa spa...(I have not been to TMC, so not sure, could be equally nice too). But seems like the problem with TMC is the limited parking lots?

Ok, the other time I walked into TPS, ehh..quite nice ley, environment is like so spa spa...(I have not been to TMC, so not sure, could be equally nice too). But seems like the problem with TMC is the limited parking lots?

ya nice la.. private rate mah haha!
TMC coz its individual clinic *my ex gynae's clinic was there
ya the parking issue is never been solved at all LOL!

Hi hi mummies, for those who cnt sleep well at night, can consider getting a pregnancy/body pillow. I got one and I totally dnt regret the decision of getting it... It's v comfy n can use it as nursing pillow after we pop :)

Hi hi mummies, for those who cnt sleep well at night, can consider getting a pregnancy/body pillow. I got one and I totally dnt regret the decision of getting it... It's v comfy n can use it as nursing pillow after we pop :)
thanks! hee i'm still hesitating to buy onot LOL!

Back