(2014/01) January 2014

pardon me but what's placenta encapsulation? do most people do that?
A company will take our placenta n help us make into powder in capsules form. It's said to make us look young. But my gynae say its not scientifically proven so nv try.

Hospital will not help us. We muz contact the company ourself. N we muz keep n chill the placenta properly before handling them to the company.

According to my fren, when she's gonna deliver e hubby will contact e company so tt they'll b there immediately to takeover e placenta fresh fm e oven! Haha..
Ya..since ple eat sheep placenta to maintain youthfulness, eating our own shd b even beta rite..Keke..w all e 9mths of 补 tt we've consumed..lol

I will prob use In The Womb, will ctc them later on... About $300 excl transport.
Yup, hospital dun provide such svc. If u dun feel eeky, u can even bring it hm n bake it till like bacon :)

some claim will lessen PND, speed recovery, increase bm supply, etc... Since no side effects when i took it last time, i will take again

get the whole set!

Metro selling $799 for medela freestyle with free pumpkin pals and another item as bundle, the deal is much bttr than take bb fair, taka bb fair one is also $799 but just the set with milk bottles as a bundle i think.
Decided to go to service center and check it for free. Cross fingers that just need to replace the battery at $149.

I thinking is it worth servicing the pump or trade in n buy new set. Because I use mine over 2 yrs plus I loan to my sis.

How much is it to trade in for new set? Mine is Medela Freestyle. Can be traded in as well? I am going to go to service center and see what they say first.

I will prob use In The Womb, will ctc them later on... About $300 excl transport.
Yup, hospital dun provide such svc. If u dun feel eeky, u can even bring it hm n bake it till like bacon :)

some claim will lessen PND, speed recovery, increase bm supply, etc... Since no side effects when i took it last time, i will take again

Whoa... i am glad that i mentioned it. I never heard of encapsulation before.. Interesting. But I don't think I will try. I don't eat innards at all.

Well i dunmind if my bb come out early like after xmas 2013....easy to plan for man yue and i can also celebrate cny :D But will be tough if bb opt to pop out 1 Jan or late coz man yue hv to fix on cny dates whereby many not available. Then if on 1 Jan, sch registration will fall on year 2013 instead of 2014:( Headache lah. Besides, i dun plan to induce as i scare will fail (touchwood) then force to Csec...more worse lah. Hope my bb guai come out early naturally or after 1 Jan...

For PJ, i bought from chinatown wet mkt...i still have my old PJ so maybe just buy 2 or 3 new one.

shirlynn - i also stay at amk near ave 10 lol

Jt - me too haven done any shopping as i wan to confirm gender than buy. Hoping boy but dun have high hope anyway healthy most impt!

Pyng..me also Ave 10 area.. Blk 588 :)

Shirlynn: Erm i dun rem im being charged twice. coz i haven go into labour.. my gynae charged $2500 for csec.. my total bill was $5k+. paid $1.7k in total for delivery..

Sounds ok.. I hear a lot of cases where normal delivery turn to C-section.. charges become sky high

Oh my, sounds like a lot of benefits. I still contemplating whether I can stomach it. My hb is surprisingly enthu abt it. Hahaha....

Yah nice weather today! Nowadays I always wake up to a headache. Anyone experienced tt?

Hmmm... recently i am always having headaches. but it comes at random times of the day. mostly at night...

wah lau... type so fast... blur...

i using my nursing/ maternity PJ & dresses from whoopsydaisy liaoz.. really like it alot.n wearing it daily already..

shirlynn: ya.. but if next C-sec the charges abit higher. abt $2700..

Oreo: me too! I have it whole day.. sometimes come mild.. sometimes come unbearable!! very easily get pek cek.. :(

Any mommies gonna retain the placenta and send to chinese medical hall to process and consume in form of capsules??

How much is it to trade in for new set? Mine is Medela Freestyle. Can be traded in as well? I am going to go to service center and see what they say first.
Mine also freestyle. I think is $100 only. Service centre check is free ar?? Den I better go check first also. Because the suction like not strong le. As seem low batt, but is fully charge le.

sweet_moment.. this is my #3.. and I am definitely going to be very careful in future..keke
What prevention u gonna use in future?? I read up abit. The lagiation (donno how to spell) seems more ideal. But nv research deep. Donno is it painful anot. Or any side effect of getting fat.

Junior... mine too. and it's at the side of my temples, sharp shooting pain. not those numbing kind. the other day coming home, suddenly damn pain.

Danlin, i don't know if i want to or not. what can it be used for? I will probably decide later. but it's not cheap. like $6,200 for 21 years.

Junior... mine too. and it's at the side of my temples, sharp shooting pain. not those numbing kind. the other day coming home, suddenly damn pain.

Danlin, i don't know if i want to or not. what can it be used for? I will probably decide later. but it's not cheap. like $6,200 for 21 years.

My friend store the blood cord cos one of her frd's kid got leukemia at age of 6, so luckily got cord and kinda save her life. She storing for 5 years first then on the fifth year can decide if wana continue or stop/ Every year 200 plus , first payment higher, she paid about 2K plus.

Sweet moment, ligation is a minor surgery. If u doing C-sect, they will just do at same time. If natural birth probably can do later as day surgery. A clip is put on the Fallopian tubes, so no hormonal side effects like putting on weight cos its more like mechanical obstruction to ovulation.

I just bought my freestyle! Got a contact from gumtree.com.sg.. Apparently this lady selling a brand new local set for $550. Meaning local warranty. At first quite scared, not sure if its a scam., but it just arrived today in a sealed box, and everything inside looks intact and new. Also managed to register my warranty online at medela.com.sg.

But obviously I can't test it out now.. So just have to cross fingers n hope for the best when I get to try it out. I think that's the problem with buying stuff online. Although seems a bit cheaper but you are always a bit worried whether will kena conned or not..

Those interested to check it out can see here:

http://singapore.gumtree.sg/c-Stuff...th-Local-Warranty-ONLY-550-W0QQAdIdZ498447213

joy, sweet moment, for ligation, my gynae told me can do it when u stay at the hospital after delivery or 6wks later, i am still thinking to do during my hosptial or 6 weeks later.

Seems like alot of u started buying things alrdy hor.... I until now only bought one maternity jeans nia. No bb clothings or pram, stroller etc etc... Kekeke

Sweet moment, ligation is a minor surgery. If u doing C-sect, they will just do at same time. If natural birth probably can do later as day surgery. A clip is put on the Fallopian tubes, so no hormonal side effects like putting on weight cos its more like mechanical obstruction to ovulation.

I just bought my freestyle! Got a contact from gumtree.com.sg.. Apparently this lady selling a brand new local set for $550. Meaning local warranty. At first quite scared, not sure if its a scam., but it just arrived today in a sealed box, and everything inside looks intact and new. Also managed to register my warranty online at medela.com.sg.

But obviously I can't test it out now.. So just have to cross fingers n hope for the best when I get to try it out. I think that's the problem with buying stuff online. Although seems a bit cheaper but you are always a bit worried whether will kena conned or not..

http://singapore.gumtree.sg/c-Stuff...th-Local-Warranty-ONLY-550-W0QQAdIdZ498447213
my colli's frd just sold me her pisa set less than $300, used twice nia and very new, US set as I need a spare set in office, so no need to lug to and fro home and office.

Last edited:
Seems like alot of u started buying things alrdy hor.... I until now only bought one maternity jeans nia. No bb clothings or pram, stroller etc etc... Kekeke

Gbob, so good you still can fit into most of your existing clothes! my tummy bigger le, most tops also cannot wear cos i like buying more fitted clothes with no elastic. suddenly feel like got no clothes to wear :( so gotta spend $$ buy maternity ones. so ex! and only bought stroller so far cos saw good deal. the rest all haven't buy yet.

gbob, same here.. I only bought my own clothes nia haha!

I wan to wait till scan is fine before buying things.. no mood to shop now

joy, sweet moment, for ligation, my gynae told me can do it when u stay at the hospital after delivery or 6wks later, i am still thinking to do during my hosptial or 6 weeks later.

i intend to do ligation after stopped bf. Is it 100% permanent?

Have u tried freestyle? Is the pump suction same as PISA? I used PISA for my lst bb...but that was my sis in law one. So now intend to get a new set PISA as i used to it. Heard the freestyle suction not as strong as PISA.

Pyng, I'm first time MTB.. Haven't tried anything haha.. Also heard that PISA has stronger suction. Actually had set my heart to buy PISA, but then was talking to my friend using freestyle who said its more portable, and also that stronger suction power may mean more pain also. Since I want something portable, and kind of scared of pain, I decided to go with freestyle in the end.. But if you have used Pisa and are ok with it, then not an issue for you! :)

GBOB, I'm buying all my stuff now cos my mum getting worse.. Later months might not have time to shop cos taking care of her, :). You can shop slowly! Long way for us to go!

Have u tried freestyle? Is the pump suction same as PISA? I used PISA for my lst bb...but that was my sis in law one. So now intend to get a new set PISA as i used to it. Heard the freestyle suction not as strong as PISA.
PISA is more for seasoned mummies, the suction is stronger than freestyle. but freestyle is more quiet than PISA.

Pyng, I'm first time MTB.. Haven't tried anything haha.. Also heard that PISA has stronger suction. Actually had set my heart to buy PISA, but then was talking to my friend using freestyle who said its more portable, and also that stronger suction power may mean more pain also. Since I want something portable, and kind of scared of pain, I decided to go with freestyle in the end.. But if you have used Pisa and are ok with it, then not an issue for you! :)

GBOB, I'm buying all my stuff now cos my mum getting worse.. Later months might not have time to shop cos taking care of her, :). You can shop slowly! Long way for us to go!

for first time mummies, I will suggest freestyle.

Back