(2013/11) November 2013

xuan, ever since my last pregnancy i started doing it coz i got a few small accident after birth. so now i will squeeze every now and then. i treat it like exercise, hoping to burn more calorie ever when im seated. lol...

Wow, ate a lot so far today. One char siew bun, chee cheong fun, peanut n honey sandwich, chap chye ben of 2 veg n egg..... Stomach has decided it's finally time for some (in)digestion n nausea.

<table border=1><tr><td>Nickname</TD><TD>Child #</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Doctor</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>SAHM or FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>OP_mum</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>1-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>SN</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>1-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Chan Kong Hon</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>piggie</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>2-Nov</TD><TD>DR TC Chang</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bless</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>2-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Sim L N</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>ankh</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>3-Nov</TD><TD>Dr WK Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>SAHM </TD></TR><TR><TD>xu4n</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>3-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Phua Soo Mear</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Winkle</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>3-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Lisa Chin</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jean1986</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>4-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Irene Chua</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>PTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sweatcorn</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>4-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Eunice Chua</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>third3timemum</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>4-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Lim Lean Soon</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kayliz</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>5-Nov</TD><TD>Dr John Yam</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>xnruier</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>5-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Caroline Khi</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>PTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Snake_BB</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>7-Nov</TD><TD>Prof Biswas</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Silver</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>7-Nov</TD><TD>Dr James Lee</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>P.T</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>11-Nov</TD><TD>Dr LC</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Peanut</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>12-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Irene Chua</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Fuzzybear</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>13-Nov</TD><TD>Dr LC Foong</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>wennykoh</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>13-Nov</TD><TD>Dr LC Cheng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ivyseng</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>mid-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Kenneth Edward Lee</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>bibi</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>15-Nov</TD><TD>Dr WK Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>applebits</TD><TD>1,2,3</TD><TD>15-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Tan Heng Hao</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>woahwoah</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>16-Nov</TD><TD>Dr LN Sim</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Happygal79</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>17-Nov</TD><TD>Dr James Lee</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bunnymummy82</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>18-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Benjamin Tham</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>cheeseburger</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>19-Nov</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>bbz_rainbow</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>20-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Yvonne Chan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lyn (Caslyn)</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>22-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Annapoorna</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>min81</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>23-Nov</TD><TD>Prof Mahesh Choolani</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD>SAHM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Dreamrat</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>23-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Adrian</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Dreamygal</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>23-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Caroline Khi</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>SAHM </TD></TR><TR><TD>xuan</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>23-Nov</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>littleprince</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>23-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Benjamin Tham</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>mummychua</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>24-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Phua Soo Mear</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kitkat</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>25-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Wong Heng Fok</TD><TD>PWE</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Carine</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>25-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Woo Bit Hwa</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lynn </TD><TD>1</TD><TD>25-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Tan Kim Teng</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Polkadottie</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>26-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Eunice Chua</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>babypink</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>26-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Koh CH</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mawanab</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>29-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Benjamin Tham</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>MrsAz</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>30-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Esther Ng</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Phyllis Hong</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Wong Mun Tat</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>batbat</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Benjamin Tham</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>chrmei</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Benjamin Tham</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lai711</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>End Nov</TD><TD>Dr Douglas Ong</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Going for my Oscar tomorrow .. hope everything will turn out well~!

Does any mummy has phobia of doing "business" in toilet? Everytime i do, i damn paranoid when wiping, scared of seeing red.

kayliz, i had spotting problem, so i abit paranoid to go toilet last two weeks. now better le. haha.

i veri xin ku in office. chest veri tight, kept burping, kept having nausea feeling, wan to go back soon. but tinking of the 45 mins train ride from raffles place to sengkang, makes me wanna puke.
i bought the wrist bands from unity at $6.15, drank lots of ribena, ate orange peel, but still no help. how i wish i can pass some of the ms to hubby to share the load.

Thanks SN for updating my details in the list!

kayliz, yes, i do have that fear too. Had a bleeding episode last week and I thought was "normal".. waited till end of the day then called gynae. Got scolded by hubby and gynae for not alerting earlier
sad.gif

went for a jab that night and took my hormone pills. visited the gynae the next day and thank God, baby is fine. the bleeding was due to a polyp. very sian. cos it means that every now and then, i may bleed and nobody will know if its baby or polyp until a scan at gynae's.

hi winkle

thanks. just did my Oscar scan earlier, supposed to be 11 wks 5 days but bb is measureing 12 wk 2 days..
managed to do the scan and get to see bb for a long long time...bb's not in good position though so gyane kept poking it to make it shift..stubborn little one refuse to budge the more the gyane probe...haha
now just waiting for blood test results to be out in a week's time.

saw bb squirming and moving around for the first time..omg the feeling is so surreal!!

btw I never keep my bladder full for scan cos have to take urine test before I see the gyane each time leh..immediately after the scan and all the probing gyane did to make bb shift position, I need to go toilet urgently again...

silver - I did my oscar yesterday. Today suddenly the nurse called me. Scared the hell out of me. She says everything ok. Yay!! So good you get to see baby for so long. My baby was in a good position, measure damn fast. Maybe only 2 mins done liaoz I think. Sob! I wanna see baby longer.

for those who have done your oscar, can i know if hubby can also stay in the room when doing measurement for baby? or hubs can only wait outside? if hub can't go in with me then i'll tell him dun bother taking leave to go with me already.

SN - Thks a lot!

kayliz - ME! no reasons to feel worried about spotting but just paranoid. 自己吓自己!

Knocking off soon, hope everyone has a good evening and dinner. I still need to think what to cook for dinner tonight for my boy.

Mawanab, i have polyp too. As and when will have stain of bleed. Any mummies can advise how can we prevent the polyp to bleed? Gynae say no sex for the time being.

Silver - I am going down to see Dr James Lee later. Today is supposed to be my 10 weeks. I have to see him every 2 weeks because I got a lot of prob with my womb area previously and he classified me as "highly dangerous" category. hahaha..

I am 34 this year so not sure whether I need to do the Oscar Test. Doc nvr mention anything to me yet.

When doing OSCAR, hubby can go in w us... Hehehe.. As for spotting... I had this on my first preg but so far so good now... (keep my finger cross). But I remember that time Dr did prescript me some hormone pills and advise me no sex for the first trimester cos of the spotting..

Snake bb, my gynae says intercourse will definitely cause bleeding. So I guess no sex for me and hubs until next year??

Rest of mummies, thanks for sharing your oscar experiences. Sounds exciting to see baby squirming and moving around. Hope I'll have similar positive experience.

Hi, I m inviting my CL for my son's first birthday this Saturday. PM me if you want to meet up for an interview.
Not getting any commission jus want to share her good service to everyone
happy.gif

Hi Ladies!

I'm new here! Congrats to all mums-to-be!

My edd is on 17th nov &amp; gynae is Dr Yvonne Chan @ TMC.

Currently at my 10th week &amp; still puking 3-4x a day on average. Wish I can fast forward this stage.

Good morning mummies, wanted to ask mummies w more than 1 kid and now preg w #2,#3 and more a question. Do u have a maid to take care ur elder kid/kids? Do u experience ur kid/kids closer to maid when u preg? I feel emo. Due to my nausea, i cant take care my 20 mths boy as much as i cld. so before his bedtime, i will get my maid to shower him and feed him and change to PJ. Due to these, my boy is super sticky to maid. Middle of the night will wake up and cry for maid. As and when will look for maid. As if he kenna black magic. What should i do? I cant squat down as i have polyp. As and when will bleed if i vomit too hard. Feel angry w my son and i cant angry w maid.

snake_bb>I have 2 boys, age 12 going 13 &amp; 4 going 5, I have not told them that I am pregnant,plan to tell them when we go for the Oscar test this coming Saturday, 27 April. The 4 years old still tell me he loves me most, almost everyday, and wants me to shower him, clean his butt, feed him,my ms is quite mild, so I can still do it, unless at times when I'm feeling really sick, then I will ask helper/hubby to help. Although helper has been with us for almost 2 years, I think my son is old enough to know who is mummy and who is jie jie.

snake_bb, I have an older boy who is 9YO but I am taking care of him on my own. At this point of time when you are trying to get through 1st trimester, I think maybe you can close one eye on this part first? Unless maid is not treating your boy well but if she is nice to your boy, isn't it good that you have a good helper while you rest more? Alternatively if you are only uncomfortable for your boy to be too close to helper, can hubby help instead to do more things for boy so that he sticks to your hubby instead?

snake_bb, dont think too much abt it. there is nothing much u can do for this period. hopefully things will get better for the 2nd tri. kid will always know who their mummy is.

i dont have maid, will send my gal to my mil place every morning and pick her up after work. even when i reach my mil earlier, i wont bother to bath or supervisor my #1 for dinner. i super lazy. at most i will read stories or do some academic stuff with her coz my mil cant read. if my mil can teach, i wont even bother. I think its good that she will have someone other than me handling her needs. so when bb comes out, it will have less impact on her.

CL, mummies who's having #2, #3, how do you plan to cope with confinement if u dont plan to get a CL?

hi piggy..my gyane will love your bb loh,so cooperative can get the scan easily...haha not like my stubborn lil bean...

Hi Happy
so how's your scan yest? think dr James lee will do the Oscar for you when you go see him at 12 weeks?

oh for all the scans my hubby is with me too ..
just that I didn't expect they need to draw so much blood for the blood test.

hi manawab

i'm sure you'll enjoy seeing your bb in the scan especially when it's gona take a while? then again depending on how cooperative your bb is..

my next appt is only in a months time =( at 16 weeks...gotta wait for one mth before being able to see the sticky lil one...

third3timemum and (littleprince), my boy not sticky to hb at all. My Hb is not thr type that will spend 100% of his times after work to the kid. Im sending my boy to cc in May13 but Im sure he cant adapt new school. He always look for jie jie in the house and wants her to be w him. My son is too small to know abt preg. My son prefer my maid cos she give in to him whatever he wants. Sometimes i see the way my maid spoilt my son, i don know if im should be unhappy or have to ignore her action. if i tell her not to do this, she will be unhappy and will affect the mood in the family. Been wanted to change maid but with current situation, my boy wont accept new maid at all.He is too used to the current maid.

snake_bb>I think it is very important to educate the maid what you expect of her, and not let her give in to what your son wants, that way is not teaching him the right values I think, and will be hard on yourself. Just have to tell her in not a scolding manner, explain the results of her doing what was wrong, so she can understand.I started sending my 4years old to CC when he was about 2years old, he cried for almost 1 month, usually when he wakes up from nap, but you just have to let go, and now he's very independent, go to Sunday bible class on his own etc. I agreed with mummychua, your child will know you are the mummy!

mummychua>I think I will just ask helper to cook normally but add ginger/sesame oil, and maybe ask my mum's for recipes, my mum will be still taking care of my nephew who will be under 1 by Nov, so I think she cannot cook for me.Anyway I don't eat pork/liver/kidney, my 2nd confinement were mainly green vegetables, tau kua, some fish, black fungus ginger chicken, my friend gave me some hong cao, will be cooking chicken &amp; black fungus with that, go with brown rice, and maybe green papaya with fish soup to boost breast milk, just see what hospital cooked, and just follow

third3timemum, i know but the maid will do another way behind us. My mum has been telling her not to do this and that but she will black face to her. when we tell her, she will know is from my mum then my mum will have hard time w her at home. old folks just wwant to have peace at home so they wont tell us what the maid is doing as long the kid eats, sleep and enjoy himself. that is why i want to send mt son to cc. a few times i bought him there, he will cry till vomit. so sick with his bad habit of vomit when cries too long. If he keeps vomitting also not good for his stomach. so bother w his upbringning. He is a 7th mth bb and ple say born in this mth bb is v hard to take care
sad.gif

snake bb, i think you shouldn't believe in things like 7th month baby hard to take care. Alot of times, these things are self fulfilled prophecy. we must declare positive things about our children.

I don't have a maid but am contemplating whether to get one when my #2 comes along. I dread feeding my son (25mths old) each time cos there will be a mess on his chair, the floor, his clothes, basically everywhere. at such times, i really wish i have a maid who can just clean up the mess after each meal. on the other hand, i treasure the privacy i have without a maid. quite a dilemma.

with the first trimester nausea and the lack of energy, i have also neglected my son. i havent bathed him for really long, always ask my hb to do it. i could tell he seems to have gotten closer to hb cos when we pick him up from cc, he will call daddy. last time, he will call mama. sighhhhh. i feel very sad too. but bo bian. i just hope to make it up to him once 2nd trim comes and my energy returns. this is another reason y i am contemplating gettnig a maid. with a maid, i could spend time playing with the kids rather than be bothered by all the housework, especially with 2 kids. it's tough to be ftwm. see how....

mummychua, my mom will do my confinement. i intend to cater confinement food for at least 2weeks or maybe 1 meal a day so that my mom wont be too stressed about cooking for me and taking care of baby.

third3timemum, i got no maid, my mil will be watching my #1. i dont think i want her to help me with confinement. during my #1 i got CL, she cook super nice but no good words from her. always telling me that my bb not pretty, bb difficult to take care, keep waking up at nite, i dont have enough bm, threaten me to buy formula, etc etc... but all in all with her ard, i get to rest more. i really enjoy nice warm food every meal. someone to handle bb when im having my message. so now i wonder how am i going to cope if i dont get a CL. esp now got #1 to take care too.

mummies, having a maid is good as can help in chores. u no need to bother the chores when u back home. Can have home cook food if ur maid knows how to cook. Con is a stranger at home and have no privacy. Worry the kids will stick to the maid and when leaving,a drama will start. Im going to ask Gynae next week how will polys affect my pregnancy and if i can carry my boy whos is 13kg now for long. so sad due to my preg, i have to give up my bonding w my #1.

snake_bb : I got no helper. So i took care of my 2 myself. My #2 gets very clingy now. My #1 is quite ok with daddy doing things for her. So, when my hubby is around, i try to rest as much. Only need to attend to my #2 when he really resist papa.

mummychua (mush) : I should be staying over at my mum's place. Think first 2 weeks, my hubby will take leave. He needs to ferry my 2 children to school until school holiday. Think after the first 2 weeks, my mum will take leave for the next 2 weeks. My mum will cook for me. That's the plan now, may change later on.
happy.gif

I went for my gynae appointment just now.

My little beanie is 9 weeks 6 days now. EDD shifted to 20 Nov. And i cannot deliver at Mt A anymore. My gynae suggested that i stick to Thomson. She said that my 2 previous labour is very short, this one may be shorter. And she said she can get to Thomson earlier. Mount A she still need to queue to get into their car park. Can change my EDD and Hospital for me?

Gd morning moms. Checking in from HK. I'm aborting my holiday and flying back today instead of fri because on the flight to HK, something inside burst! I felt a gush of fluid and blood coming out! The bleeding was so bad that it dripped through my pants when I was sitting on the toilet bowl in the plane. They sent me straight to HK hospital where they said they can't do anything cos I haven't passed any tissue out. But the ultrasound showed baby kicking happily. So I'm rushing back to SG to see my doc tmr morning.

Till now I dunno what burst in me. The ultrasound shows the sac is still intact, enough amniotic fluid for baby and best of all no signs of any bleeding. But right now I m still bleeding red. Sigh.

OMG fuzzybear... is it advisable to fly back? or should u try and rest a bit in hk instead of taking another flight back? good to know that sac is still intact. hope that you and bb will be ok.

fuzzybear, could it be polyps? Glad that baby is fine. Don't panic. Hope you'll get your answers when you come back tomorrow. Take care.

Doc here cleared me to fly. My gynae ideally wants me to rest for another day but I'm changing hotels plus my younger son is running a high fever. They won't give me any meds or jabs. Said its not their policy to do so. My gynae was very mad cos he feels they are making the inevitable happen. He wants me to be on proluton jabs. Plus all the docs say I will bleed for a wk or 2. I can't wait till bleeding stop to leave. The gd news is I can feel baby moving and that there's no cramp. Can't wait to see my own gynae tmr!! He made me come in at 8.15!!

Snake_bb, I think your son's behavior is normal. My gal was also very clingy, more on the shy side. I used to park her at my PIL's place when I worked. That time she was 1plus till 3 plus. She became so close to them that I barely retained my no.1 position in her life. Her daddy was at no. 4 spot. I did feel jealous, but I also knew my PIL loved and cared well for her a lot. Perhaps what helped was that we had consistent routine at home, and years later I realized I was the one who gave her the most hugs and kisses. Also society, especially school, will always mention daddy and mummy, never maid. Friends and family will always ask her about the parents. So impression in her mind is always about daddy, mummy.

I also sent her to N1 at 24 months cos she's a Dec baby. Teacher usually had to carry her into classroom. No matter enrichment or school, unless I was there, then she wouldnt cry. Finally when she turned four, she cried first few days of school, then stopped crying. Now she's five, can shoo the parents away (?!?) after stepping into classroom.

Perhaps what u can do is take over helping your boy into his pajamas, then read a short story/sing songs etc. 10-15min daily is also good bonding time. When you're feeling better, can do more, but must always have consistent routine. This way your son will look forward to his time with you. At this time, I would only really about your maid if she starts playing power games with you over your son, or she abuses him.

And the 7th month bb thing? Not true la. My friend's kid was born in Jan, all along has weak stomach. Cry too much, vomit. Cough too much when sick, vomit. Used to take 20-30min to drink 150ml milk. Each kid will come up with his/her own issues. Cannot get perfect one la. If got I also want.

Btw, I still in no.1 position
happy.gif
. Hubby has shifted to no. 2 haha!

SN, I thought childcare usually let toddlers self feed at 18months? Why u still need to feed your #1?

Dreamy gal, wah, sounds like no matter what, #3 birth will still be drama.

Fuzzybear: pray everything will be fine for u. U must have got a a horrid shock. Hug hug..

Just done with my 1st trimester scan &amp; Oscar! So far everything is fine, will see my gynae next week after blood test result is out. So happy to see bb, it was raising its legs and waving the arms. Feel so in love again lol..

I've decided to send my #1 to childcare in Aug &amp; not getting a maid.. Then at least during daytime me (when I still on ML) or my mum only need to handle 1 baby. That wld be much easier for me rather than having to juggle 2 kids and maid &amp; meals &amp; etc..

Back