(2013/06) June 2013

mummy_relle : 2 waterbags? then wat is 2 water bag for?

your EDD now is the same as me.hehe. you are in how many weeks and days?

Mummy relle, 2 water bags = twins??
happy.gif

Happy gal, the blood test will determine your risk of having a child with Down syndrome. The ratio you get is the risk factor, ie 1 chance out of 18000 that the baby will Down's.

Mummync, my kids are coughing badly and running fevers too.. Think some bug going around. All the ppl in my office also sick

Absent mama : oh thanks for sharing ..
Actually last appt , my gynae fr kkh ask my hubby to do blood test as well. But I'm nt sure the rational behind .

today i'm so tired.. every 1-2 hours i need to take a nap, or else i'm going to collapse.
sad.gif

My appetite also being ruin up. I feel so much things wanted to eat but when the food serve in front of me, i'm down.

I guess my weight has dropped since my bedrest started last week. Has anyone's tummy start showing up?

FL my weight drop by 1kg but I feel got a tummy. Normal days seem so hard to lose a kg.. with bad ms I can dunno good or bad. Haha

Hi

Went for the gynae appt today and finally saw the yolk sac and according to gynae there is hb! But can only see using v scan... Anyway I am quite happy and relieved! My edd has been revised to 30th June...

This few days completely no appetite.. Keep wanting to throw up...

Actually I think losing a bit of weight now is good, otherwise 2nd and 3rd tri will pile on very quickly. My first 2 kids I only start gaining weight from 20wks onwards.. And then it's almost 2-3kg every month.. Quite scary to see the numbers shooting up so quickly!

Hi,

Wondering if anyone is taking utrogestan as I have 13 tablets to give away (comes in 1 slab of 15 tablets and I only took 2), expiry 07/13. FOC and just pay for postage of $0.50. Pls PM if interested. Tks and BB dust to all!
happy.gif

Windy
I always have tummy so not sure about the tummy grow.. hehe.. I'm so phobia with the ms but when i think of the sign of baby's health, much more relief...

Hi everyone..

just seen gynea today too. edd revise to 12 Jun. Baby 21.9mm, HR at 174... Was so excited when I saw it kicking through the US!!! haha..

By the way, my nx visit also the oscar. the nurse told me is abt $500. Is that the market rate??

FL
I also have problems falling asleep at nite! I think I only zzz at 2am on Monday morning and then a short while later had to wake up for work
sad.gif
so last nite I was so tired that I went to bed at 8pm & zzz till 5.30am today! I try not to take naps in d aftn cos that's what causing my insomnia at nite.

Just wondering...do u all get hungry easily? Past few days...I get hungry like every 2 hours??!!! But I'm also starting to get some nausea feeling...usually in the late aftn/evening time...not in the morning...but I feel better after I burp...

KL84
Thats a good progress! I cant wait to see my bby next week!

gymie
yea.. that could be also one of the reason i couldnt sleep well at nite. Today i start work already, hopefully can sleep well tonite.

I used to hungry like every 2hours but recently my appetite haschanged and i dont really eat that frequent anymore. But still nausea sometimes..

gymie,

ya i am having difficulty sleeping at night too.... but afternoon naps cannot dun take otherwise i very grouchy... lol... i used to get hungry easily jsut last week.. but these few days, i keep getting the nausea feeling.. today is the worse... everytime see food... i will wan to vomit... even see the shops selling i also cannot tahan! and yup, for me, the feeling comes in the late afternoon... so i often have no appetite for meals....

FL
Your spotting cleared already? I also just back to work (since yesterday) after 10 days bed rest. In fact yesterday when I started work, I had spotting again! Then I panic quickly went to see my gynae again but he said ok one...say can continue to work.

BearBaby
I'm working so cannot take aftn naps! Nowadays I eat food until very sianz also...anyway i just try to eat even tho dun feel like eating...most of the time my mind just keeps thinking of char kway teow and laksa *drool*

got craving is good.... now i totally no craving... l used to love chocolates... now i totally dunwan to touch it....

My gynae quote me oscar about 300+... cant rem the exact price...

mummyrelle... 2 waterbags means maybe its twins? so exciting!

Tot my MS is getting better this week but today just got worse again. i just puke my dinner out.. sianz...

I rem my gynae code mi $300plus for Oscar..doing on 21 nov..

I have no cravings at all..my ms get worsen.. Puke everything..can't even eat plain baguette..

Mummy_relle

So exciting to have twins.. My nieces are twin..I pray hard I dun get twins..a lot of work..

FL, thanks! Update us too when u see ur bb nx week.
My craving also slow down, in fact abit sian when come to eating cos always dono wat to eat and scare after eating feel very bloated and uncomfortable.

Rosellecz, ya lor, me too gt a shock when the nurse tell me the price. Mine schedule on 30nov. By right we should be the same right? Cos same gynea, did u check with the nurse abt the price?

windy : as pet the scan, i am 8W2D.. it is always flunctuating.. the last visit 2 weeks ago, revealed that i am 7W1D, then 2 weeks later, only 8W2D.. heard bb heartbeat at 170bpm..

absentmama : no lah.. there is 1 small waterbag within the big waterbag.. not twins.. dun think is twins..

sinus hits today.. am feeling super nua and sleepy..

absentmama
Thanks, so many mummies already done their blood test? Cause i thought blood test is done at ard week 12.

KL84, I did check but forgot, lucky hubby remembers he said is ard $500 too. Should b the same. Looking at the price others shared, ours damn ex lor.

Im seeing dr this sat.. Can't wait.. Initially, gynae asked if I'm brave enough to see him 5 weeks later when doing the oscar test.

Kome, i rem what gynae told me is that blood test and Oscar test will be done on the same day. But if i skip for Oscar she would do my blood test only at 12 weeks. Can be done ytd but cos i havent decide on the Oscar test so she say she will do it next visit for the blood test even if i dun want to do Oscar.

Windy
:eek: so can be done on the same day. Coz my gynae never even mention to be about the Oscar scan for my first 2 pregnancy so abit blur on this.

I'm seeing at KKH too. Did bloodtest on monday, doing Oscar scan 2 weeks later. The nurse told me tt as such, I will know the full results on the day of Oscar scan because blood test alone will not be able to tell.
I remember I did both tgt for my 1st pregnancy. KKH called me to inform me of the results.

Was supposed to visit gynae tomorrow, but had slight spotting yesterday, so decided to bring fwd my appt. Luckily no big deal, but was prescribed duphaston (to stabilise womb) just in case. Also walk less and rest more. Many people said it's common to have spotting during 1st trim, but always better to practise caution for the 1st trim. Don't think any mummies want to risk anything with their precious, right?
happy.gif

Supposed to be at 7w but bb only half a cm, instead of the average 1cm. Gynae said could be late ovu. Got heartbeat too, but not visible through US so did v scan (could be because my uterus was tilted towards the back - heard 30% women had the same)

No MS, but most things seem to taste bland, so I eat well only if the food is spicy.

Have a good rest wherever possible, all mummies~

Rosellecz, I check w my sis who just give birth at tmc, she say $500 is inclusive of the detail scan at week 20. Like tat sounds more resonable, otherwise machiam we ganna ka.

Anyway she told me to join the FBI/SBI scheme, will have discount on those scan, pre natal course, hospital fee etc. mummies who gg to tmc can check this out.

http://www.thomsonmedical.com/facilities.

Happygal and jesstham, which gynae are you seeing? I'm with Dr tan Kim Teng, first time seeing female doc..

When I had my first kid at kk my gynae was Dr Benjamin Tham super like him but too bad he went to TMC. I followed him to TMC where I had d&c done and I didn't like the nurses or the ward. Kkh was much much better, nurses more caring and facilities also good. So hubby said to change gynaes lor and stick to kk for delivery

im with Dr Cynthia Kew .. since im referred to her for my dermoid cyst and op done by her in march 12. so i been seeing her so just stick with her. since i feel that she done a gd job for the op.. on the every day of the op, i feel elseif i nv undergo any op n i cld walk by myself on that day..n discharge the next morning.. so i feel she is quite gd..

absentmama,

what did the nurses at TMC do?? I only delivered once in TMC but overall experience was excellent, including the nurses who helped in the delivery. I also find the ward very nice and spacious with good facilities. Maybe I happen to be lucky and encountered only the caring ones
happy.gif

for my case, I chose to stick with the gynae rather than the hospital. My gynae delivers at both TMC and Mt Alvernia but she preferred TMC hence we decided to stick to TMC. Some of my friends also delivered at Mt. alvernia and seriously I find both TMC and Mt. Alvernia similar in terms of ward.

absentmama & happygal, I'm with Dr June Tan. Apparently we are all seeing female but diff gynaes. haha

I'm with Dr Irene Chua for my first child. Love her but she also went to pte practice. I did not follow her and stick with KKH bec of my staff benefits and experience with KKH has been v good so far.

jesstham and absentmama: ur gynae is fr Private suite? mine was at Clinic D and she only see preggy case on every friday morning only

Jesstham and Happygal, yah it's quite funny that we're all seeing female docs. My next appt is on 24th nov, until now dr Tan still wouldn't tell me my due date cos she says still too early and unstable..
sad.gif

Jess my staff benefits at most can only deduct 350 so it's quite useless. My hubby likes that kk has a lot of shops and direct parking unlike TMC. Plus I bring 2 kids with me for each appt so kk is better equipped for children. The TPS staff even distributes balloon puppets to all the children there when we go on Saturdays

Adelyn - I think cos mine was a d&c and TMC doesn't prioritise such cases so I was put into a children's ward after the procedure.. The room was cramped and the view overlooked some mouldy building rooftop that was quite off-putting. the wasn't fantastic either plus the nurses have mainly children in their charge so they only just called the dr to come and check on me and handled paperwork. Maybe maternity ward diff bah.

Happy gal, yup I'm at private suite cos my hubby doesn't want to take leave for normal days; TPS has Saturday clinics. Also got evenings too but then my kids are asleep by 7:30pm so that one is out lah

happy_gal, mine is from Private suite too.
I chose TPS bec my staff benefits very good - maternity claims no cap, ward charges all covered.

absentmama, Dun worry abt the due date. Just rest more and pray hard.
My next gynae appmt 11 Dec. Oscar scan on 19/11. But my appmts are on weekdays afternoon. Need to rush back to fetch my gal in the evening.

Jess, wah your staff benefits are really good, so all expenses covered? I remember we spent around 2k on the checkups alone in 2009... *envy*
happy.gif

Back