(2012/08) Aug 2012

On no rinse shampoo: Hope mummies who are interested are not offended, This is like the dry shampoo I have bought for my cats. My experience with that is ultimately washing with water is still the best as it throughly cleanse. I used a few times for my cats and gave up, return to bathing for them instead as sometimes I find it does not dry very well and their fur will clamps. Maybe this one is human grade so may be different. For those who has oily scalp, you may not feel as clean as compared you wash your hair with water. Of course, for those who really want to avoid the water, this is better than not doing anything at all. =D

i think the shipping from US not cheap lo..i purchase things from drugstore b4..the shipping is horrible..so i think add up shipping a bottle will be approx SGD 11.30

Hi Mommies,

Regards to baby movements - when do we know is normal and when is not ? I get paranoid when baby move alot at one moment and super quiet the next.

re: no rinse shampoo
i have not tried shipping it from overseas before
yup...drugstore shipping is v high
i couldnt finish 1 bottle for my confinement for #1

BBL: Ya, agree, shipping from US or europe is always a killer so unless one really buys in bulk, or else there's no much savings. If one bottle estimate shipping is already $11+, then i think might as well might from the birthshop that is at $12?

Happy & Vivaval: I read somewhere that when bb is awake, they are usually active for around 45mins then they would sleep for hours. Another source say bb is usually awake between 7-11 in the morning and night. But ultimately is all down to each bb, monitor the entire pattern and not inividual movements. Guess now is as long as can feel movement then it should be fine.

i tink the shop has one at kkh, ill be delivering at kkh so most prob will get there since its $2 difference only. i saw online that they have the no-rinse shampoo cap also! wear the cap n lather. hurhur.. i shud b getting, cos i cfm wun let my head touch the water. i dun wan #2 liao still predicting the weather, previously i can get migrains headaches up to 3days. no amt of panadol will ease the pain. =(

tdy is friday friday yeayea~ hehe! TGIF all mummies & babies!

Happy: Now that we are nearing or some of us already in 3rd trimester, it's going to get more uncomfortable. Before pregnancy, I was a very deep sleeper, now I'll wake up to any small noise and can't seem to get a full night rest. If any pain last for a short while, probably nothing to worry too much about. =)

sigh .. ya i know what u mean . I been waking up around 3 am to 4am. Sigh if i am lucky is 5.30am.

I just figure out why my pain was dull and last for actually a day. All thanks to my pants. :S The pants made me so uncomfortable and i tot is baby didnt realize is the pants. The moment i took off the pants .. baby move around non stop! :S

hello mummies!

hope you guys are feeling well, was catching up with the threads - i have engaged my cousin's confinement lady , but will be planning to shower and wash hair if i cannot take it. how long do you guys plan to not wash your hair? like a whole month?

also, my pants from tri 2 are getting tight too, i have been having a nagging left side ache for the whole day yday, i suspect is the round ligament ache which i read, but might be bcos of my pants too, will take note of tight pants like Happy! if we cant wear them better put them aside!

lastly, anyone having tired eyes lately? i feel my eyes are drier than usual, and it makes me tired easily. body and mind ok but eyes super tired.

and about feeling warm, i am at 26 weeks today and already felt uncontrollable heat from my body for abt 2 weeks or so. i bet the crazy weather isnt helping. my poor hubby has to now freeze his ass in the car and room cos i have to sleep in aircon now ( we normally dont)

its weekend so close! anyone planning for baby shower? mine is going to happen end june before my baby is due.

Hi Ling, i spoke to my CL cos giving her the deposit. She said tried to tahan for 2 weeks then she let me bath. Otherwise use damp towel to wipe clean myself. Aug should be quite warm. Luckily still can be in aircon room. Otherwise very chum. Then after the 2 weeks, i can bath every 3 to 5 days prolly with the herbs she boiled for me. What surprises me now is my mom said where got such thing?! She said can bath per normal as long i am using herbs or lemon grass boiled water. It will be fine! She said is your CL lazy or what?! Wah now i wish my mom is the CL now hahaha

Same thing nagging left side pain also. Haiz made me so worried on what happen. Ya will be putting them aside. I am going to buy bigger shorts. :S Now already wearing my hb big pair comfy shorts to sleep. Can't believe it!

Ya is getting warmer!

Got something nice to recommend: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=5352832479. Maybe too early for us now, but this kind of strip is perfect for linning coffee tables and such when bb going to crawl and learn how to walk around. Although protection for sharp corner is plently in SG, I have yet to come acrosee the entire strip like this (or maybe I don't know where to look XD).

Ling: I will try to tahan for max a week, or else would do like min 3 days, just hope I don't sweat too much during labour. Hahaha. Clothes wise, I don't wear pants or shorts, in fact I got only 1 of each. I mainly wear dresses so it's quite airy at the belly. Hahaha. Talking about warm, ya, I can tahan the aircon in my office liao (before that always have to wear jacket). I also don't usually on aircon so now that the weather is getting hot, I wear spag and loose shorts made with thin cotton to bed. Actually I just bought my mom a pure bamboo sheet to put on her bed cos she complain too hot cannot sleep at night and she feedback say it's good. I may buy that too if I really cannot tahan the heat. On aircon I heartpain when I see the eletricity bills. Hahaha

Happy: If you really want to bath, then talk with your CL. They can give your recommendations but should not stop you from doing what you really want. Why pay the money can suffer? XD

star: u often shop from taobao har? hehehe. ya this is good. i tink the stripe can get in those shops like homefix. but damn X one la =x hahahaha. ya coffee table edges n the tv console table.. all must 100% cover it up.

Rykiel: Love shopping from taobao. Some stuff are so cheap over there, esp their local brands. International brands not much diff in price compared to SG so rather buy in SG. Homefix stuff are mainly overprice. Then at home, mainly my furnitures are mainly wood and don't have much rounded corners, so would probably need a lot when bb learn to crawl and walk.

star, I have bought this from taobao before too but my fren ordered for me cos I dont know how to order from taobao. Its cheap to order from there and I have stick a lot on my furniture. If you want a cheaper option, use bubble wrap to paste those sharp areas but now nice lah.

yaps! i am planning to grab most of the stuff during the GSS sale!!

my cousin told me that if u want to shower, its ok, just that auntie will make me drink alcohol to warm my body, and i will have to throw away the breastmilk after that drink. and of course, need to bath with the herb water and dru hair thoroughly. i am planning to wipe my body for at least 3 days before i shower. for hair washing.. until i cannot tahan - i have oily scalp so chances are it wont be that long :)

AG: Taobao is quite easy to shop one, esp now they accept international credit card for payment. It's actually just like ebay but in full chinese la. Bubble wrap hard to paste nicely and not as thick lei. The price between bubble wrap and the foam i don't think it's a lot right, so i rather save on effort then. Hehe

Ling: even with GSS sale, the prices of some items still cannot be compared to buying from taobao. =P If you drink alcohol, you can time it such that you breadfeed 3 hours after that so bb won't be affected.

JC: you mean the foam linning item? 20+ is in SGD for how long? I find a cheaper alternative to the link I gave. In total brought 10M worth for 90RMB, around 18SGD not include shipping. Gmarket stuff are also mainly from taobao and they are priced slightly higher to cater to the international market.

wow most of u gg to follow the confinement rules so strictly ah? I am planning to bathe everyday, if CL wants to boil the herbs for me to bathe then I use, if not then just use warm water to shower lor... then hair I'll just wash as normal every 2-3 days..
My MIL asking me to drink DOM or whatever during confinement.. but I told her I dun want... planning to breastfeed so not planning to drink, and I dun like alcohol also.. even those v low alcohol content I also cannot stand liao.. still ask me to drink... but my mum bought 2 bottles of dunno what for cooking confinement food.. I guess for cooking still not so bad.. but dun ask me to drink straight from the bottle...
I am also very very hot now... either have the fan blowing at me at full blast, and sometimes I still have to allow my tummy to 'air'.. or on aircon.. but my hubby not v used to aircon so he's all wrapped up..
I am feeling pain at my right side not left and usually in the afternoon, before and after lunch.. then my tummy feels very tight and hard usually at night... I was also a bit paranoid when bb moved a lot and when he doesn't seem to move as much.. haha.. guess it's normal...

for tightening feelings, is it what they terms as braxton-hicks? thought we should be experiencing ard wk 32 onward.. sometimes i do have this hard and tight feeling.

Vivaval
braxton hick dont start at wk 32..it could start as early as in the second tri..so yes those tightening we are experienceing is braxton hicks..

starfantasy: u hv ur own shipper to ship stuffs in for u? alot of great buys in taobao actually, esp u knw those malls the push carts? they sell highly priced rompers n stuffs, than like us we frequent taobao we once glance know eh..taobao stuff. hHAAaa.. do u have such thinking?

tightening n sharp pull at tummy area. last nite i woke to shh shh, than aft releasing my tummy harden n pulled so hard i can feel my back pain. i took a deep breath took some water n went back to slp. sometimes noon ill get such feeling too. bb seem to have rolled up or duno wad inside. than cramped in one area. v hard. tighten. than ull feel v 'tight' ill usually breathe in out in out deep gasps to relief the strain, rubrub tummy abit n it'll subside soon =)

kiddypalace 20% off storewide, anyone gg grab stuffs? need member ma? where u all gg tdy?

SashaMAMA : wow ... u really can rememebr leh... anyway the text book u talking abt is it the 4 books she was selling during class?

Gloomy bear : i paid about USD850+charger at 39.90USD + Shipping abt usd 170

Dry SHampoo : was actually going to buy but yesterday i went to my usual hair salon , they tell me to never ever buy as my scalp is the more oily type so the powder will create chunks then it will also clog pores , so will become gross and bad ..,but thats for me la .. cos my scalp oily mah ..

Airfryer : tried to use during housewarming ... guest all say my fried sucks ..haha ... its too dry ..

Happycall pan : Only use it once to make muah chee , but was very happy with it, but my mil swore by it, but sil say egg using happycall too dry haha

Anyone know the bugis wholesaler for baby clothes open on sat ? the address and operating hour ?

Also can anyone share what to pack for hospital when we go for delivery ? any checklist ?

Rykiel: yup, have a shipper to send stuff for me both ems n sea, quite easy to source on taobao since they are like any sellers on taobao. Ya lor, some items actually frm taobao come to sg so exp! I once bought a farmhouse wall clock for -rd 40sgd include shipping, sg i saw the same one selling for 70-80sgd!

Kiddypalace 20% for members. Non members 15%. For normal priced items.
Bugis wholesaler is open on sat. But not sure abt their opening hrs. I know the place but not the add. Back face the temple go to the opp blk where they sell dried goods. Then turn left to the end of the blk, near the toilet. Its just beside the small rd n across the rd is the hawker centre lor.

Hi nahnah,

Here's the addy & contact for the Bugis wholesaler baby clothes:

SHEN KWONG TRADING CO.
BLK 269 QUEEN STREET
#01-246
TEL: 6338 3260
BUSINESS HOURS: 9AM-6PM, CLOSED ON SUN & PH.

Best if you call them before dropping by, I got all these info on their name card.
Not sure if they have changed their business hours.
The plain basic wear such as button tops and pants are sold by minimum half a dozen.

This noon while havin my nap I had v bad cramps till I broke out in cold sweat. Supposed its the Braxton hicks cos my tummy was like cramped into a ball. Felt so bad. Woke up pale n weak. Sat for thirty mins before I told hub ok I'm fine nw I can go for dinner.. Scary!

How's ur Saturday mummies? Tmr one more day before its Monday again!!! :/

Hi mummies !!

Yesterday went to Kiddy Palace and bought footwear for my girl, 15% off for non-members.
Also drop by mothercare and bought rompers for #2, 50% off for off season designs.
Any reviews for the quality of mothercare rompers ? Only used gap and carter rompers before.

Need recommendation for sunblock/sunscreen, what the difference and which brand is gd for kids ??

Hi nahnah,

I'm waiting for my colleague to confirm on the gender of her little one at the end of this month so that we can share to buy the bb clothes at Shen Kwong.
If getting the plain ones, either half dozen in all White or Pink-2pcs, Yellow-2pcs and Blue-2pcs. Just wanna get some new ones to standby.

I'm preparing to get ready all stuff needed for the little one as some if buying from overseas sprees take some time to deliver.

Brand new baby sling bought from The Birth Shop. Willing to sell at $25. Original price $48. See below website for product details.
http://thebirthshop.com.sg/category_30/Baby-Slings-for-Moms-In-Mind.htm

Preloved BabyBjorn Carrier Air used less than 3 times. Willing to sell at $60. See below website for product details.
http://www.babybjorn.com/products/baby-carriers/baby-carrier-air/air/

Preloved MyBrestfriend Breastfeeding pillow used less than 10 times. Very well-kept in original packaging. Original price $81. Willing to sell at $55.

Please see below link for pictures of the items. Kindly PM for deal. Price negotiable.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1561326/P5200561.JPG
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1561326/P5200564.JPG
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1561326/P5200565.JPG
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1561326/P5200566.JPG
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1561326/P5200562.JPG
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1561326/P5200563.JPG

For those who are using mustela stretch cream, do go to the kiddy land to grab the twin pack, which have 20% discount and add on the 20% discount, each tube come to ard $38, which is the cheapest I can find! Last time bought my first tube from the baby care festival still need a over $40.

Hi nikki, the top at Shen kwong is 6 pcs short sleeves ( 2 pcs pink, 2 pcs beige like light brown and 2 pcs blue) for $12 and long sleeves one same for $13. They have like 3 design. I brought the long sleeve one with cute prints all over and the short one with a cute bear bear head on the top left side. The bottom have both long and short one the price is similar I can't really rem clearly as there no price tag on it. BTW, how many u intend to buy?

Hazel: the shorts u bought are they small size? the last time I went, the girl gave me 'L' and I only saw it when I reached home.. so mayb need to go n buy 'S' size.. since the 'L' can use when older.. I bought the long-sleeved set with no pink.. and the short sleeved set all white..

Hi Hazel,
I thought to get each size about 3 sets as still have some old ones from my gal. Now 2nd one is a boy and so some of the pinky & lacy ones are really too girly..

Gf passed me an Avent single electric pump with no box and instructions and some parts missing. Think I'm gonna give it a miss and get a new Medela Freestyle. It's gonna waste some money getting the parts replaced. Waiting for beauty loft to reply my queries.

on hl for 2 wks ... think will take another week of rest .. back still pain after sitting for awhile .. scare i go back wrk already then pain again .. then ma fan agn to take the hl ..

didnt do much lately cause was resting .. my head seems giddy and migrine these days not sure whether due to lower bpi anot .. bpi was 109/68 seems abit on the low side ..

i tried my old amedea pump its still able to suck haha so gg get some new parts and a new power adapter then its ready to be a spare .. but the parts adds up as well .. have not tried the medela freestyle yet .. not yet bought the power adapter for it as well .. not yet seen the plug ..

have also tried my pigeon sterilizer .. able to work .. have also descale the sterilizer to keep .. next is to clean up all the milk bottls to keep for baby ..

when is the gss manz ..

re: deep fryer ..
i had considered the air fryer but upoon review think i will go for the deep dryer as well .. im looking at the tefal deep dryer seems like gt number of functions as well and should be easy to clean ..

happy - my pigeon steriliser is milk warmer too but i find it abit too slow to heat the milk .. anyway i still have a bm nuk sterilizer ..

Urchin, the sets I brought the long sleeve one size L and short sleeve one size s but when I take out to compare both size the same. And the tag on the clothes didn't state the size. As for the bottom, no size stated on both outside the packing and on material. So not so sure if all free size. I also compare the top with the top from the brand richgi for new born which I have brought at some sale, Shen kwong top is a bit bigger.

Nikki, so u mean getting size small, median and large, u going to get both top and bottom 3 sets each?

I also have a avent breast pump given to me and for the spare part guess have to check with Phillip CS. But Philip having sale next weekend at their warehouse toa payoh lor 1 I tot of going to check with them.

Back