(2012/08) Aug 2012

fr0stie

Hello!! First time mummy here. So excited..... Tested positive. Based on my own computation, my EDD is ending July or v early August. Looking forward to my gynae next week!

Until now no particular symptoms yet..

Hello!! So excited too! I still have to wait for the following week. As my gynae said is too early to see now v

gd morning ladies!!!
=) just in here to KPO...

tanny, first time mommy!!! hahaa.. i can sense your excitement in your post!!! welcome to motherhood...

samantha, already a mom? hee...

Hello all!
happy.gif
I also got tested positive last week *lol* and like Tanny, I think my EDD would be early August. But of course, it is still early days too!

You're lucky you have no symptoms - I have been vomitting quite a bit the last few days and not really eating much too. Maybe can shed a couple of pounds before putting the pregnancy kilos on! *haha*

hello all, i am tested positive and did a V scan. spot the sac at 10.5mm.

tomorrow going to gynae again to see if can see baby's hb..

my EDD according to the calculator online is 2 Aug.

My symptoms aplenty!
1. giddy/headaches
2. nauseous (morning, noon and night!)
3. loss of appetite
4. slight cramps
5. stomache! (keep wanting to poo!)

Good morning everyone!!

Hi jas: nope. It's my first time. I tested 3times positive. Abit kiasu. Haha. Keep on wanna confirm again and again.

Hazel: drink more water as u have been vomitting alot. Dun dehydrate.

Hey Sam: I was kiasu too - i tested twice! hahah, couldnt believe the results! So went to take another urine test to confirm. In the end, I went to the Gp to take a blood test to re-confirm if I was really positive. *hahaa* Ya, trying to drink more water too, but so hard to keep it down. Thanks
happy.gif

Hey Liverbird: Congrats
happy.gif
My symptoms are almost the same as yours except for the stomache bit. The nausea is all DAY and NIGHT which makes me feel ill.
sad.gif

Hi Sam,
hahaha... guess it's not KS! just want to confirm and confirm right? hahaha.. can understand your anxiety!!! hahaha...

all of you are first time mommies?

ladies,
remember to start taking folic acid (if you haven't started) and also to eat a balanced diet. not much restrictions but try to avoid (as much as possible lah...) cooling stuff like grass jelly drink, green bean soup, watermelon, del monte banana etc... and also cold drinks! =P

hmm... =) first time to gynae? if yes.. like what liver bird mention, you may have to do v scan (vaginal scan) because the sac maybe to small for normal ultra scan... will be better to wear dress or skirt cos you will be asked to be undressed. they may put a towel over your lower half of the body lah... but for "extra security"? hahaa.. also to empty bladder if doing a vscan...

can ask feedbacks or collect reviews from the forum regarding the gynae you are going to... don't feel obliged to sign up package (if they have) upon first visit. most importantly hubby and you must feel comfortable with the gynae. First time mommies may want their gynae to be more chatty and inform things which they should know... but some gynaes they are quite chop chop and don't talk much one... visit to the gynae is a very personal experience. As such, if one gynae is deem to be good to one.. it may not be to another person. =)

and keep a happy heart! pregnancy is an enjoyable and exciting experience, especially for first time moms. hahaa... MS is enjoyable? indeed! least you know the beanie is safe and growing well... but then again each pregnancy is different and we are all unique individuals. may experience different symptoms and all. don't be too worried if you are not experiencing what others are.

Hey all....congrats!

I've also just found out that I'm pregnant edd should be around 1st august.

This is my second pregnancy very different from the first time. Hardly have any symptoms :)

which hospital n doc are you all seeing?

Dear All,

When can we hear our baby's heart beat?
Coz my colleague told me everything is safe with heart beat. I m going to my gynae this wednesday to do scan, went last thursday but too small to detect.

Jljz - thanks! agree with all the food restrictions. Been also told no more sharks' fin, swordfish, or shellfish!
Its #2 for me - but this time round the MS has started much much earlier. I dont know if it is leftovers from #1 or too much bloating, i feel my tummy has began to show? Is that even possible at 4-5 weeks? I doubt. Maybe just fats *LOL*

Harmy: congrats
happy.gif
I made an appt for KKH next week. Havent confirmed gynae or hospital yet, still doing homework on gynaes. You?

Yanlin: I think it should be 6-7 weeks to hear heatbeat?

Abt 6 weeks can hear heartbeat I think.

I scan at 4.5 weeks and saw the sac with lining to cushion it.

I think must drink water to fill the bladder before scan, not empty bladder leh.

glad to know there are experienced mommies in here! so that we can all share and support each other during pregnancy and after birth!

Heartbeat(HB) should be able to hear/see at week 6.
With HB of course the chances of beanie surviving till full term is greatly increased! =)

LFCfan,
ehhhhh... i remembered for my vscans all are done with bladder empty. It is only for normal ultra scans that are done on the tummy that require us to have a more filled bladder. hahaa.. maybe diff gynaes diff practice?

Hazel,
highly possible is that your #2 is showing. hahaa.. they say #2 will show much faster compared to #1.

Hi mummies,

I'm from May 2012 thread.. I'm already 16 weeks preggy..

Pop in to say HI~~!! So fast already have aug thread liao la.. haa.. CNGRATS to all mummies... =D

Oh ya.. rmb to take your folic acid.. Those who haven see gynae can buy those from watson or gurdian.. Blackmores pregnancy and breastfeeding pills.. haa.. I took tat since i noe i'm preggy.. =D

Re: Heartbeat,
It can be detected as early as 5 weeks.. But avg it will be 6-7 weeks.. But some case 8 weeks..

Re: GYnae,
im seeing Dr Lawrence Ang @ SUn PLaza.. He is those good and cheap kind la.. But if u r looking for those gyane who will sayang u de.. THen Dr Ang definately will not be e one u r looking for..

His patient alot.. So he have to be the chop chop kind.. Go in if u have any qns.. u can ask him.. den scan.. He jus scan, measure and print e photo for u.. =D

But if u have any qns he will ans u la.. But pros and cons la.. IF i dun have financial constraint den i'll look for others doc.. Dr Ang is definately e kinda gynae i'm looking for.. so if i have #2 and money i'll look for others..

I heard, Dr Benjamin THam, Dr A L Lim.. all not bad.. Intially wanna consider em.. but.. too ex le.. Cuz i dun have medisave.. =D

ANyway, so happy to noe aug thread is up... =D Wish we all have a smooth and safe pregnancy.. =D

Hi ladies. Which gynae u guys recommend? Last week my gynae said is too early to see. Can't see anything now. Abit disapointed and left. He asked me to go back another 2 more weeks which is next Thursday.

I have not many symptoms. Breast tender. Frequent going to toilet. And positive test.

I don't like gynaes who won't see early pregnancies! I had a mc before partly Cus of this.

Gynaes can see you as early as 4-5 weeks and scan to see the sac.

My Gynae is dr Christopher Chong from gleneagles. He has a clinic at bishan that operates on tue night. His charges are expensive but he is a confident and good doctor.

Hi mummies..

I'm from July 2011 thread.. Saw this new thread.. So pop in to say HI... I would like to share my contact for confinement lady if any of u mummies need.. This confinement lady of mine is good.. Her cooking is nice, and take good care of both mummy and baby. A frenz of mine hire her and comment tat her cooking is very nice too!

I am on 5th weeks pregnant now.
Anyone know when my gynae can see the sac and the heartbeat of my baby? so nervous and znxious.
My back pain, mild cramps, bloated, sore breast, and... i change all my bras to maternity bras already!! cant stand the soreness.

See Aug thread so happy! I am from May thread. =)

To hear hb, it takes about 6-7 weeks. To see sac, for mine, 4 weeks can see already.

=)
For morning sickness mom, endure and enjoy!
(i am still enduring tho already 16 weeks. haha!)

Sam - How far along are you? 5/6 weeks? I will do my scan at 6 weeks (according to my own calculation - havent seen a gynae yet, but seeing one next week). Be positive! Tell us gd news on Thurs.

Yanlin - dont be stressed! When is your gynae appointment? I know what you mean about the soreness! Hang in there!

Elffie - Morning sickness is all day sickness for me
sad.gif

Jljz - I havent heard of anyone showing at 4-5 weeks! Any mummies with #2 and you think you can see a slight bulge? I would like to think it is #2....but i think i am just bloated..

yanlin,
sac should be able to see now already! =) if you want can go see gynae now... if not can wait for another week to see the sac together with the blinking heartbeat!

hazel,
hahahaa.. i have got friends who are 2nd time mommies and people do ask if they are preggie with 2nd one even at early stage!!!

can sense all of you excitement!!!

LFCfan,
=) it's normal yah... cos your taste buds change! you will be surprise some things which you used to love are now on your "avoid" list! hahaa... anyway... try taking ribena/milo/milk or other drinks which you can down your throat and into your tum. =P gottta keep yourself hydrated!

one more thing, are we supposed to keep silence about our pregnancy. Old saying that bb are very xiao qi. Is it true?
Thanks for sharing?

LFCfan - yeah, i switched to HOT milo and OLD ribena! Water makes me feel like puking.

Yanlin - erm, so far, as the prenancy is in very early stages, I have told only my family. And also my boss, as she will make sure my travel plans for 2012 are in check! I will share this good news (with friends etc) when things are more stable and after we've seen the gynae! Hope this helps!

i see.. cus sometimes i feel so thirsty so i gulp down water but not sure if i swallow too much air so i tend to want to get it out or feel slight heartburn..

I also realised i only like to eat rich food more than bland food these days...

I see. i told my colleagues that they knew i was on the fertility treatment. i think 4 of them, plus my mil, hubby and my mum only.

I prefer fruits and vege after i knew i was pregnant. Went for very frequent urination. Can be 5-6 times in a night. Thats why i cant rest well. Oh yah, i hate meat during these period, esp steak. I love them a lot before.. LOL

oh yeah.. the other day i had soup for dinner.. i woke up 4 times to go toilet to pee.. super disrupt my sleep!! arghhh....

yanlin,
hahaaa.. you prefer boy or girl? there's an old saying that says that if a preggie prefers meat than veg during pregnancy means in her womb is a bb boy... if a preggie prefers like spicy stuff or sweet stuff it maybe a girl.. =)

Hi jljz,
Hee hee.. any gender is fine to me.
I got back pain.. tummy very heavy..
I feel my symptoms are really strong. Started suspected if i pregnant with twins.

yanlin,
weeeee!!! twins!!! when you tested is the line like immediately very dark? possibility is very high!!! hahaa...

Hi,

How do you count the weeks again? This is my second pregancy and I remember being confused by it the first round. 6th week on Thursday means 5x7 days have passed by Thursday or 6x7 days have passed?

My due date is in early Aug, could end up as end Jul. Slight tenderness and backache, no other symptoms so far.

Eh no leh. Lmp is start of the period right? Mine is 27 oct leh. Edd is 2 aug.

So u are one wk later than me! Wow! Cool! U shld be 4wk 4 d today?

Btw, if u are using iPhone, u can download this app from babycentre. It's foc.
happy.gif

Some tips and videos to show u the development of your baby..

So glad someone started this thread....been waiting for someone to start the thread.

LiverBird, your EDD is 2 Aug, can see the heartbeat already? Mine is 3rd Aug going by my LMP. Going to see Dr tomorrow.

So nervous....already had 2 MC in the last 2 years...The last one was just back in Aug.

Hi santorini,

I had m/c before too back in may.
sad.gif

Tmr am going to see if can see baby hb. Will update again but doc did say could still be early Cus usually ard 6 wks but he said can try.
happy.gif

I just puke on a grass patch... My husband told me next time want to puke better puke on the drain, scare people scold me. Sigh... Feel so unsupported and sad from what he just said. Sigh... Anyone like me, super sensitive and emo during pregnancy? ESP when I have my MS, I feel no one understands
sad.gif

Think I'm funny leh - until now no symptoms except feel a bit naseous after food.. No sore boobs no cramps no backaches, no frequent pees ..... So start to think if beanie is growing nice inside a not...

Hi ladies!!

Hazel: thank you!! Think mine is coming 6weeks. My last mense is on last 30oct. Hope next Thursday can see result.

Jljz: I'm staying at bukit panjang. Went to see dr Adrain last week. Think I will go tmc. How about u? Any plan?

Hey ladies. Will u free heartbeat in early stage? Is it around weeks 6?

Back