(2012/06) Jun 2012

Morning mummies - weekend is here again. Oddly enough, my girl suddenly decides that today she will fall asleep by herself after her morning shower. To think that for the past week, everyday she has been asking for attention after her shower and today, when her daddy is at home, she decides to be a good girl?! Anyway, I'm having a headache since last evening - CL says maybe too heaty cos drank herbal soups two days in a row and also had chicken cooked with DOM & chicken essence for lunch yesterday. Hopefully, the silly headache will go away!

Merydith

So it's working for you? The regulation of BM supply? Wah...15 mins and 4 bottles? How much is your output now per expressing session? My production went down yesterday maybe cos I wasn't feel too good and also feeling a bit moody.
sad.gif

Are you taking additional supplements? I don't mean those for BM supply cos it's quite obvious you don't need. haha...My gyn says we should continue with multivitamins, calcium and fish oil when we are nursing.

Wrinkly Tummy

I was diligently applying stretch mark cream during my pregnancy. Now that my tummy is slowly shrinking back, the skin looks so dry and wrinkly. I can start to apply cream and moisturize it back right? But maybe avoid the c sec area first i guess?

Happy weekend mummies! It's been a sleepless 2 weeks for me...am really amazed I survived with a lot less sleep han usual. And I'm someone who can't function with less than 7hrs of sleep normally.

Merydith, what's your secret to pumping 4 bottles in 15 min?! I wish my supply is that good. I was feeling feverish 2 nights ago and it affected my supply, could barely pump 1 oz.

Tirabon, ya I don't really believe in most confinement practices, but some are quite true, eg exposure to cold wind after bathing drinking cold beverages, etc. Though not proven in western medicine, there are anecdotal evidence in TCM. Anyway, like I say, everyone's constitution is different, some can tolerate more heat, others may tolerate less heat. Eg after drinking so much red dates tea, I developed ulcer, whereas others may not.

Nattan,
The power of motherhood!
Wow! Your hub can cook for u? That's really great!

Merydith,
U can pump 4 bottles in 15mins? Wow! May i ask which week after delivery are u at now? That will be my inspiration. Must jia
you!

Any moms here experienced both natural and csect delovery before? Was wondering which one is actually better/more comfortable?

Hi,

My cl still here. One more week then she b gone. She does wash the laundry for mi, bb n husband, just throwing everything into washing machine. She seems to use alot of laundry detergent.. 1litre laundry detergent in 2.5 weeks? Is that considered alot? She clean n mops the floor but mi n husband find our house is more dirtier n floor very sticky n dusty since she is here. Even our kitchen got a lot of ants n dirtier now.

I latched my baby once a day only. My baby is impatient. Every time latch awhile he fall asleep then wake up getting jumpy n hungry cos nvr drink enuff. Baby now 3 weeks plus drinking 120 ml per feed n wake up every 3 to 3.5 hrs for milk. Is that considered alot for baby boy 3 weeks plus? Most of the time I pump my milk out. By the way, we should pump our milk out based on length of time or based on quantity of milk pump or based on getting ur breasts empty out totally soft soft?? Every time I pump milk it takes mi 1hr or more to pump. I can get 150ml if I pump morning cos usually midnight hrs I dun pump.. I pump 3 times a day. Night time I only get very little maybe abt 20ml n afternoon maybe 100ml..

Hi mommies wanna to check how much ang bow do u give ur cl who does a super average job? Which means she does her main duties but dun go the mile to do it very well.

HI jomomm, yeah my hubby has been cooking dinner for me everyday. Usually includes a stir fried vege, steamed fish, meat dish and herbal soup. But I told him it's too much so now we just stick to 2 dishes + 1 soup. Lunch we usually tabao food from downstairs like mixed vege rice or congee.

Re natural vs c-sec, I wanted to go for natural delivery but in the end was advised to do a c-sec due to my baby's size. I have no regrets now, cos I actually find that I'm able to heal quite fast and I have no fear of going to the toilet after the operation. If I'd gone for natural delivery, I might be afraid of the pain below when I go to the loo. By the next morning of my c-sec, I was already up and about and most of my friends say I don't look like one who has just delivered a baby! Whereas I see that most mums who went through natural birth looked really exhausted. I also heard a woman in the hospital room next door vomiting loudly, probably due to the epidural effect.

However, I am not trying to encourage you to go for c-sec ya... I'm just telling you my own experience. In the end, I think whether to go for natural or c-sec depends on a lot of factors and your gynae is the most suitable person to advise you.

Nattan - Wah ur hub v gd Le! Cook for u, so many dish somemore! He not working?

Merydith - despite having 3 kids, I got no bb bonus Le! They r not Singaporeans. Been telling hub to convert but no action done. Anyway inlaws not v supportive also.

Jommom - I'm coping well. My bb is 100% bf but he still having jaundice, don't know I shld introduce fm or not. He is 1 wk old today

Ssmiliezz - wrinkly tummy due to stretch mark? If so, then it's permanent Le. If loose more weight, the skin will b even more wrinkly. Sad truth. I hate them!!!

Laundry - actually the reason y most ask CL to hand wash bb n mummy clothes is bcos want to separate them fr other ppl in the house bcos women who has jus delivered n the bb r considered "dirty" n will bring bad luck to others if wash their clothes together. U can machine wash but separate fr other ppl ESP the breadwinner. Hand wash rather than machine is bcos the number of pcs of clothes isnt a lot to fillup a full load in d machine. This practice is only during confinement period, after that can wash together with everyone else.

Natural vs csec - actually the recovery period is shorter for natural than csec but the first days for natural will b v painful bcos of epistomy but after that they recover fast enuf to do everything per normal fr cooking to house chores to carry bb etc but for csec the first few days it's usually painful but bearable with painkillers n binder but phyically not as tired as natural (but some mummies actually can b v energetic 2nd day onwards for natural also, depend on individual), then csec mummies ve to b careful with their wound, on the outside, it take abt 1 mth to recover but internally it takes up to 6mth for full recovery, so not advisable to carry heavy things. N with csec, if u ve at least 2 csec, u r limited to 4 csec max n each time it can get more painful during recovery. But of course, if ur Gynae advise for csec, its always best to follow since they know what is best for bb n mummy. I can only say if u can go for natural, try for natural.

Tirabon - weight loss during 1mth actually can b a lot then slowly will lose lesser later. It's common for 1st mth to lose up to 10kg depending on individual n how much total gain previously bvos mostly r water that is y u sweat a lot during 1st mth Le.

Smilezz
Applied cold pack as u suggested.. Still unable to reduce supply but at least can tahan 4 hrs then pump..phew..finally able to sleep at least 3hrs!. I am taking GNc prenatal but Not sure if output so much can replenish my calcium since pills dun absorb 100%.

nattan
I find it a problem to have oversupply.. Dunno what to do with the excess coz I already gave my elder one drink my milk too..bought chest freezer and already full. My 2door freezer also full. Hubby complain no space to put food. Throw away also wasted coz own blood..
I actually try reducing by applying cold pack as smilezz suggest and wait till 4 hr then pump. Then if too painful I express out abit just to relieve the pain. After reach the time to pump I latch baby on one side and bcoz the other side too pain, I put the pump on the other breast n express.
Kept getting a lot of letdowns and bb keep gulping down the fast letdown n cried so I end up stop latching n pump fully.
End up I get around 580 to 630 ml of milk in 15 mins or less.

Hi Jomomm,
Week 7. Bb supposed to be June bb but premature so born in may. Maybe u latch one side n pump same time?Maybe u get more from it

Cyn,
Icic!

Yes agree natural recovery is shorter. I wanted Vbac but couldnt coz half way through pregnancy found uterine scar dehiscence. Lucky never attempt Vbac.

Hi Smilez,

Your gal n my gal so similar leh. Can tell she wanted to flip over to one side but cannot have the strength to do it. hehee sumtimes she will stretch til face red red. Think the older folks say she is stretching so she will grow even bigger hehee

For vaccination, my hubby decided to go polyclinic since is super near for convenience. Smilez, I live opp to marine parade polyclinic. Not sure anyone here also live near here too hehee
happy.gif

Hi Nattan, well done for the 1st two weeks. I haven't officially start my night duty except for 1st two nights. Very tiring I mus admit but our power of motherhood sure k tong us thru. baby sleep = mummy sleep too ...

Hi ladies, jus to share one good lobang with you all. NTUC offers free delivery for goods above $150. For us to hit this amount is pretty easy with milk powder n diapers.

For experienced mum, can you share how we should monitor our baby after they have their injection huh? I know sumtin is to watch out for fever but not so sure what to do if that happens huh?

Sunbelle - fever related to vaccine usually not v high type. Make sure u bought ur thermometer already. Standby some fever medi at home for both high n low grade fevers. Low is abt 37.5-38.9, high is abt above 39.0. There r oral medi n suppository but I think for such young age, only can use oral ones. Doc will advise u on the timing interval for each of this medi. Usually the low grade they give parcetomal which is 4-6hrly, for high grade they give nurofen/Bifen/brufen oral medi which is 6-8hrly. The 2 (high n low grade) fever medi must b at least 2hrs apart fr each other, can't take together. When child has fever esp high fever, u need to sponge them ie use normal rm temp tap water wet ur small towel n wipe all over body (if fever v high), or wipe only forehead (if fever is mild). It's dangerous if fever hit 42, but I always keep them below 39 if possible.

Dunno is it infor overload or not but There is more to share or learn abt when child get sick with many days of fever.

For vaccine, most bb r pretty ok ESP the younger ones as in no fever but depend on individual.Don't worry
happy.gif
some mummies get some Chinese herbs for bb to drink before vaccine (when bb is quite afew mths old)

Cyn my company lift plunge from 7 to 2nd floor so I went see doc bcoz of cramps then found the dehiscence . Part of the uterine left 1mm so scary for me too. End up every passing day is worrisome n after a sharp pain at the site n frequent braxton hicks at 35 wks gynae dun want to risk so emergency c sect.... Then when he open me..he said it is so paper thin...lucky both me n baby r safe....so no #3Liao close shop I so scared already...

Merydith - Wah, that is super scary! Can sue ur co lift maintenance co man! It's so dangerous! It could ve cause u n ur bb lives (touchwood!)! This shld b in the news!!

Ladies - how long did ur babies take to clear their jaundice? My bb pd appt is 2wks after hosp discharge which is more than 1 wk away fr today. I'm abit concern whether is bb having more or less jaundice? I can't really tell n don't know when do I really need to get doc attention for it. My 2 older boys when newborn, the pd appt is usually 1 wk after bb born or discharge, so the waiting time is shorter n felt more reassured since doc get to see them earlier. Currently this pd (at paragon) Is on leave I think. Dunno shld bring to my 2 older boys pd or not.

Oh ya, anybody bb will cry really loud when CL bathe them? Not sure is it bcos bb really hate or scared of bathing or is bcos CL lousy at bathing bb. My #1 loves to bathe last time during newborn but #2 n #3 r by same CL (#1 is diff) n both cry loudly when bathe by her.

Nattan,
So nice to hv a hub that can cook
happy.gif
I myself cant cook fr nuts, haha...so cant ask hub to learn also. :p
I heard that congee can be "windy" if left for long. So, might wanna be carefu of that if u believe in it.

Natural vs Csect
How heavy was your bb? Wow! Up and abt the next day? That's very fast! I was on drip, and was only allowed to get up on third day.

For those who had natural deliveries, may I ask how long did the pain below take to heal? I cant rmber, and I thot I shd take note, so that I know which to choose if have #3.

Cyn,
Is your bb jaundice SB level coming down? If coming down, and bb drinking well, with poo and urine, shd be ok. But if not, then can intro FM if u not enough BM. Cos bb nd input to get rid of jaundice. I cupfeed so that I know how much is going in, altho u can also judge from bb's poo. But I more kiasu.

Cyn,
cannot carry heavy things arh?
sad.gif
I've been hoping to carry my #1 soon. So miss carrying him.

Many people say recovery for natural is faster than c-sect. My first few days, I thought I hated the c-sect. But now that I can move quite well, I thought it can be something to consider. I thought my natural I wasn't so agile, although first few days for csect was terrible. But I may have remembered wrongly. Like how I've forgotten the BF pains.

Jaundice level - we bring him to polyclinic to test according to Doc's advice. Currently, it's 2 days go once. Important is to have downward trend. My #1 took quite long to clear jaundice.

Bath - my bb also cry on first day. Then CL slowly lowered her into water, and she gradually got better.

merydith,
Don't throw! So wasted!! Can give to your hub to drink, mix in beverages, etc. Good stuff leh. Though the thot of drinking it makes one....err....

When you're well, can bathe in it!
Thanks for the tip on increasing supply!

Does anyone know where to buy the wine for cooking huang-jiu-ji (literally translated is yellow wine chicken?)

huang jiu ji is a kind of confinement food.

Cyn, my hubby works from home so he's able to help me through my confinement by cooking and cleaning. He also helps to take care of the baby when I'm resting.

re jaundice, is your bb very yellow? If he's drinking well, and pee/poo regularly then not to worry. Are you seeing a pd at Kinderclinic in Paragon? If your're concerned, no harm bringing to your older kids' clinic or a polyclinic.

re bathing, perhaps your CL is really rough.. do you observe while she bathes? My baby enjoys his bath time although it's very short.

jomomm, my hubby just follow a confinement recipe book I bought for him and some recipes I found online. I also planned out the meals for a whole month but he doesn't follow strictly so sometimes eat similar food for a couple of days a week. It's ok with me as I'm not particular with food. The congee from our place downstairs is cooked fresh and I eat it immediately so no fear of wind. I don't keep it if I don't finish it.

Merydith, I think yours is a happy problem...but if you want to reduce your supply maybe try not to pump but hand express to relieve the engorgement instead? That may send the signal to your body that you don't want so much milk. Pumping may still stimulate your body to produce more.

It's so scary what happened in the lift!! Hope you lodged a complaint to the lift maintenance co.

Hi merydith

Cani check with you do you latch your baby? Is that the reason why u have so much supply of milk? Because i realize now i dun latch and 100% pump, my milk supply is decreasing..not sure if they are related. Thank you!

Morning Ladies!

Bath Time

I noticed that during the first week - baby was crying more and seemed a bit afraid. But now, she's ok (3 weeks old). I'd say she tolerates it and doesn't wail her lungs out. haha

jomomm

I had to go through c sec too after being dilated all the way to 10cm. haha..was even pushing my heart out but since my girl was 3.7kg and facing skywards plus her head circumference just too big, gyn decided that even with assistance, it was not going to happen naturally. When she told me that we should consider c sec, my first question to her was - any tear down there? when she said nope, i was like ok - go ahead c sec. :p

Recovery for me was also fast. I came out of the operating theater at 1am or so. But 3pm the same day, the urine bag and drip was off. I was already drinking and eating light food in the morning. I was walking and out of bed (slowly) on the same day evening. By the time I was discharged on day 3, I was walking more or less at normal pace and felt pretty much ok. I did make an effort not to strain my tummy area when I am getting out of bed, sitting down, etc so I think it helps.
happy.gif

To be frank, being the first time going through an operation and first time staying in hospital, the entire episode wasn't as scary or painful as I thought. So all in all, it was good for me.

Cyn

The nurse told me to lightly press on the baby's forehead or cheeks, if the depression skin color looks yellowish then likely still got jaundice. If not, it should be reddish mark instead. But if you feel worried, just bring your baby in earlier?

But as long as your baby is drinking and having multiple diaper changes, the jaundice will get better.

No leh, the wrinkly skin seems like cos skin very dry leh...aiyah, the whole tummy just looks sad and pathetic now la..:p

tirabon

I buy the calamine lotion with menthol inside. So there's a cooling effect when u apply. And keep applying every few hours lor...put the lotion in the fridge so it's nice and cold when applied.

I also apply diaper rash cream during the day. The doctor gave me some steriods cream to apply and I only applied at night during the initial few days when it was really bad once the rash cleared, i didn't apply.

I shudder when I think about how itchy I was last week - this week it's so much better. Thank god.

Sunbelle

Yeah, our girls really quite similar. Good good, then we can cross reference one another. haha..

I tried putting her on her tummy today (maybe 5 mins after her shower under supervision of course). LOL! She managed to turn her head from right to left on her own. Lifting her head too!

Merydith

Yup, I tried to replenish my energy but eating more yesterday. Supply is coming up again.

Too much BM also very wasteful. Just keep applying the cold pack more frequently. I was doing that every 1-2 hourly until the cold pack no longer cold, then I put back into the fridge. I bought those cold packs from Guardian. It's rectangular like a small beanie pillow. Bought 2, so put one in my left bra and one in my right bra then walk around and do my chores with it. hahaha..

Dear Jun mummies,

Sorry to intrude. I'm a Aug MTB. Just wondering if you have Mt A Bath Tub and/or Dumex Nursing Cover to giveaway for a token? If yes, can PM me? Tks.

Thanks ladies! But I do know bb still ve jaundice, what I don't know is.. Is he having more or less? He still look really red n yellow when pressed n the whites of his eyes r still yellow. Initially he was only like this on the face but now all the way down to feet. He is drinking n pooing well too. I have been latching him abt every 3hrly n like most newborns he will poo after each feed. Today his poo is mustard yellow already. Yesterday still dark black-green. I heard fr someone b4, jaundice will clear fast after poo no longer black, dunno true or not. B4 we left hosp, his jaundice level was 192, mow i dont know. His pd (the one who ve seen him during hosp stay) is on leave till 16th.

Cyn

Mustard yellow is good right? Normal for BM fed babies. If you really want to be safe, call up the PD clinic and ask if you can make appointment with another PD just to check on your baby to be extra safe and at least u can have a peace of mind.

Btw for my 1st csec, I recover fast too, I could climb up n down the bed easily the next day although I had epistomy as well, I think the many epi I took numb the area, when I went for the baby care classes there, I couldn't understand y everybody walk so slowly n look painful n many even carry a donut float to sit on. But now i understand. Then that time after abt 2-3days upon discharge, my epistomy wound start to hurt when I go to toilet. But that was only for a few days. When doc pull out the stitches It felt so much better. Then csec wound was ok also that time. But for my 2nd csec, I felt more pain n it took longer to recover than 1st. Now my 3rd csec, I also felt more pain.

Ssmilezz - yes mustard yellow is the best color n is expected for bm bbs. I think I will try to call Tmr dr Cheng (my older boys pd).

Any idea how long it takes for blood test result on jaundice at PEH?

Smilezz/Meredith
What cold compress are u using? I am also trying to reduce my supply and keep getting engorged and blocked ducts. Can let me know where to buy the hot/cold compress?

Meredith
Did you try cold cabbage leaves? That's really a lot of milk! You might really want to reduce it if not you will keep getting engorgement and blocked ducts problem. For #1 I also had a lot but not as much as you. Froze a lot of milk but threw away all in the end as baby refused to drink. You might to feed frozen milk to your baby sometimes so she can get used to it cos it taste yucky compared to refridgerated milk.

Cyn
My baby also cried when taking a bath for first week or so. After that he enjoys it. So maybe you can monitor first and see whether your baby get over the initial fear.

nattan,
wah! Your hb so good, salute! I don't think I'll even be able to follow confinement recipe book.

ssmilezz,
My experience almost same as yours, only that I din reach 10cm. My girl also facing skywards. I was so sad when gynae told me had to c-sect.

So within 12hours, you had everything done...? Mine, was allowed milo and crackers after 12hours. I heard most mommies were only 6hours.
But the urine bag and drip wasnt taken out till the next morning, which is like 36hours later! I had to use my opposite hand to support her neck when BF. Was rather difficult.

I was walking so slowly after the drip was taken off. And had at that time wondered why people choose to csect. But now that I'm feeling better, I'm thinking perhaps c-sect is really better. So, a bit confused.

But it's so difficult to not strain the tummy area. I couldn't even get up by myself on Day 4, needed hb to help pull me up. In fact, I couldn't even lie down on my side.

wah! You dare to put your girl on your tummy. Not scared wound area painful? I'm so paranoid about it!

Cyn,
If you really concerned, I think the best is still bring him to test SB level. I'm very anxious when it comes to this, cos my #1 had it bad. And the SB level can shoot up suddenly. I don't mean to scare you, but for a peace of mind, that is if someone can help you bring to clinic.

If I'm not wrong, you can take the SB test, then ask PEH to call you when result is out.

oh, by the way... Did you all hear about epidural being bad for birth? Kinda funny for me to ask that question now, when all is over and done.

I don't think I would be able to do it without epidural. But maybe #3, just maybe... Crazy of me to think about it when just delivered. I miss the feeling of baby kicking inside. But strangely, after my #1, when my friends told me to get preggy again quickly, I simply dismissed it and said they are crazy to wana give birth again. hur hur....

Cyn

I think with each c sec, the wound takes longer to heal since it's typically around the same area hor.

Not sure how long the test results will take but I rem when my girl took her blood test for jaundice on the day when I was supposed to be discharged (Glen), the results were out within 2-3 hours so that we knew she could go back home with us.

Ktmum / Merydith

My hub bought the compress for me from Guardian (their house brand). You can use it either hot or cold. Since it's a rectangle shape compress, it covers across the top part of my boobs just nice.

Out of curiosity hor, since we all seem to have oversupply issue, what size are your breasts now? I'm just wondering if the size really makes a difference - more to store the milk? I was previously a 36B and had upsized to a 36D now.

I realised that the more I eat and drink, the more milk I produce. I find it hard to really enjoy what I eat. Just feel like I'm shoving food down into my body so that I can keep my BM production up. Depressing man.

jomomm

Yah man, I was dilating so well and on target lor..plus I had tong for many hours at home so that when I reach the hosp, I was like half way dilated liao. haha..anyway, I had always had an open mind cos I know giving birth is something we can never planned no matter how much preparation we have lor...so after pushing for an hour, I knew chances were slim la..I didnt want my girl to suffer too long in the birth canal. Gyn said if she was facing the right way, with my energy pushing her, she would have shot all the way out across the room liao. haha..

I do miss the feeling of her inside. I am glad that I managed to take some videos of my tummy moving around when she was doing her waves or dancing inside. Shall show her one day when she's older!

Ssmilezz - think Tmr I will ask the circumcision pd when we see him for his circumcision follow up review Tmr at mt e, it will b hard for me to travel to mt e n then back to peh Tmr since I also ve my Gynae appt Tmr. I'm guessing the pd shld know how to assess his jaundice since he is a pd after all apart fr specializing in urology.

I do miss my babies in tummy too. It feel so personal that they move inside u like trying to communicate with u. U can sense their personality too like my #1 is v hyper but kind so he may kick all day but when he dislike some of my sleeping position, he actually kick abit abit to let me know, no response fr mummy then he kick hard! For my #2, he is not that hyper but is fierce n want his way, he can kick real hard when he dislike mummy sleeping position, no warning. For #3, got a feeling he is a boh chap type.

Breast size - breasts will increase but not necessarily mean D cup give more, my friend not that big but still produce a lot. But hor, over time after breastfeeding, I find that our breasts will shrink actually as in loosing the firmest in them, it will b soft n wont feel so full. Pls wear gd support bras or else they droop too! I ve been breastfeeding in total of 42mths all together n regretted I didn't wear gd bras when I bf my #1. Over time when ur production is regular, when ur child is bigger, if u still bf, ur breasts may not ve engorgement Liao but still ve milk.

My breasts size increase 2 cups when I preggy with #1 also then after that will down by 1 cup then when deliver #2 again up 1 cup then down 1 cup then now #3 same thing lor delivered time up 1 cup.. So now I'm D Cup also. The size also will change, go up then overtime will go down. Basically it mean when jus delivered, size n cup will increase bcos of all the engorgement then few mths later, bm production more stabilize, size n cup will drop.

Ssmilez
Thanks Will go and find the compress from guardian. Me same as you. Started off 36B before #1 then after milk came in became close to 36D. But hor after I stop bf #1, I became more like 36A!! Argh... Now bf #2 back to 36D but I know when I stop eventually most likely will be 36A again! so sad..cyn is right, must wear bras with support (but no underwire cos may cause blocked ducts) otherwise will sag..

ssmilezz,
Yeah, you are so cheerful about it. I was in a state of xxx, cos I really wanted natural, and didn't even think of the possibility of c-sect after we were informed that she had turned her head.

Exactly, you said lor...tong so many hours already, then still kena cut. If know earlier, should just cut right away. No need suffer so much. So, the "problem" was actually with the baby facing skywards and not becos of head circumference?

Cyn,
So cute, you can actually communicate with your babies in tummies. I am one clueless mom, dunoe how to read her signals. Hahaha....

Yes, yes, I can't wait for the breast to shrink back. But can good support bras really work? I doubt it lor. I tend to think that breast will naturally sag after hvg babies, regardless whether one BFs or not. My older friends who didn't BF also sag.

Hi mummies, I've read that some mummies here have tried Emma Jane nursing bras. Am looking at Emma Jane nursing bras on asos and need some advice. Is the band size true to size? I'm between 32 and 34 so I'm not sure which size to get. Plus the different types available - which are the better ones? Would appreciate some advice. Thanks!

cup size vs output

i think size is not a issue. either at one time you can give alot ie 150ml /pump @4 hours or 75ml/pump @2hrs before you feel super uncomfortable. net output is the same just the pump frequency differs. i wished i was the former, big breast less pumps, but alas... i am unfortunate
sad.gif

C-sect wound
I was told by the Gynae to remove the waterproof bandage after 14 days and to apply the anti-biotic cream daily. However I still dun find it safe to remove the bandage and the binder after only 14 days. May I know wat did your Gynae advice you for those who have undergone c-sect? Can we still wear the binder after removing the bandage?

hi cyn,

how is your baby now huh? hope the jadice goes away fast. i read from another thread that for breastfeeding, better avoid ginger if baby has jadice. wishing your baby to be well soon - speedy recovery.

reading your c-sec experiences makes me wonder for my second one hahaha too early to say now too..i am oso like nattan by the next day everytin is well and i am discharged one day earlier too....
happy.gif

hi nattan : i am joining u for sleepless nights pretty soon once confinement lady left ...although she helps at night, but somehow i still felt that i wanna to care for my baby myself hahahaha
happy.gif

thank you very much for your valuable information on the injection. i have alreadly snapshot into my iphone hehe
happy.gif

cyn : thank you very much for your valuable information on injection. heheeh alreadly saved it hehe in my iphone..oh yes, jus wondering where to get those standby medicine huh? hehe for the low and high grade fever huh?
happy.gif

hi anna : i oso jus took off after 18 days leh....the wound have healed. i am letting it heal..tink the outside looks okie but when i did the massage hor, when the massage lady put on the binder hor, too tight still cause one sideway pain. ...for me i cont;d to wear the binder cos it helps to support leh....

merydith,

think many ladies here wish to have as much milk flow as you leh..mi taking the nursing tea and fenugreek to help if not BM sure dip one...hahahah needs these to help stimulate leh hhahahaha :p

hi smilez,

your gal is good heheheh my gal also keep trying to flip but not enuff strength to flip ..so we decided to tell her wait a while when she has more strength and neck stronger hehee :p

any good iphone app on baby is good huh?

wow smilez, next sun is the full month party liao..time flies hehee
happy.gif

yo, i m definitely looking forward to that heheee
happy.gif

wow tirabon : i envy you in losing weight fast leh..i still have 5kg more to go ....mum say cannot lose weight during confinement no good for breastfeeding leh..i tot is to lose now or else hard to lose anymore hahahaha
happy.gif

anyone know when can we exercise after c-sec huh? mi use to jog in east coast park few times a week ...hmmhmmm when huh? legs itchy liao hahahah to exercise hahah
happy.gif

someone posted on the leaving ang bao for CL hehhehe how much do most of you give huh? hehe did i miss out some postings huh?

Hi movenpick, just PM-ed you
happy.gif

Anna, my gynae removed the stitches for me on Tue and then told me to remove the new dressing on Fri. I've removed it and applied the antibiotic cream. I still wear the binder although my doc didn't say I must continue to wear it.

Cyn, same here.. miss my baby inside and communicating with me
happy.gif
I used to talk to him all the time when he was inside and he would always kicked me whenever I lie on my right.
happy.gif

Back