(2012/06) Jun 2012

Maine
I bought the Emma Jane seamless bra that cass mentioned and she's right abt the sizing. Juz get 1 size smaller than usual for this model and it's very comfy. But hor, I saw the tmc parent craft lactation consultation and she said that this bra does not provide enough support. Only good as a sleeping bra. Sianz cos I bought 3.
U may want to consider other models for day use. I bought another Emma Jane bra too and she said it's ok for day use. Can't remember the model. I go check and post again.

Maine
It's called the Emma Jane smooth nursing bra. Pre-preg, I didn't like it cos it's non padded and my nipple shape was quite obvious + the cup was only half filled cos my breasts were not filled with milk yet. It's better post-preg but other mummies may be able to recommend better support nursing bras.

Patgav
My medisave claim for natural with epi was $2100.

Cyn and ssmilezz
I remember buying 3 packs of pigeon lanolin wipes for new borns around $9 at a pregnancy talk some mths back. The staff said it's the cheapest deal and better than taka fair then. Unfortunately can't get this deal anymore coz it's a mobile booth. Or for those going to this Chinatown bb shop, you can check out their pigeon wipes. If I remember correctly, it's $10 or $10.50 for 3 packs for the lanolin ones. I can help call to check if u gals are keen.

Cyn here: antenatal medisave clamiable $450 is included in the $2100. What is neonatal?

Cindy: same here, so i thk this shld be the max, duno y my SIL tmc bill can claim so much n i haf to fork out more cash than hers... Scratch head!

Hi mummies, after disappearing for about a week, finally settling in and have the energy to log on. Time flies, baby is already a week old!

Birth story as follows. Admitted for induction in the morning, then on epidural. Surprisingly, epidural admission was not as painful as described by most ppl but the side effects on me was terrible, I threw out continuously for the entire day. Then they realised that there is urine in my blood and gynae explained that my pelvic bone is rubbing against my bladder already which was not a good sign. And my pelvic one is too small for baby's big head. Even if I wait & try further, he is 99.9% sure then I would have ended up c-sec. So in that case, I took his advice & went ahead with c-sec. Just wondering, for those who c-sec, how long ur wound stops hurting?

BF: anybody facing soreness of the nipples after latching on. Does it get better in a couple of weeks? Any ways to relieve? I realise my left breast is harder to pump out milk and easily swollen and full. And I found lumps under my armpit.called lactation consultant and they said it might be blocked ducts. Anyone experience before?

Mummies with medela PISA
Anyone experienced milk back flow into the tubing before? It happened last night and milk flowed into both tubings - thought the machine broke down or something. Does it mean I have to change any of the parts because they are faulty ? Or can it happen and just need to clean it and after that should be ok. I used more than 1 year for #1 and it's never happened before.

Kadice
Sore nipples are very common and yes will get better after 1 to 2 weeks as your nipples toughen up. In the meantime, you have to make sure you get baby to latch correctly - it should not be painful. After every latch express a bit of breastmilk and apply on nipples followed by nipple cream. If already very sore and painful you should rest the nipples and pump instead. If really still want to latch maybe can consider nipple shields.

Blocked ducts also very common. You have to massage the ducts to force the milk out. Use hot compress before latch or pump to help milk flow better. If still doesn't work may hv to get Malay massage lady to help or see lactation consultant.

Patgav - neonatal (I think that is the term) is for baby care hosp expenses.

Kadice - 1st csec shld recover faster but some after 1-2wks ok Liao, some up to 1mth but internally the wound will only heal totally abt 6mths.

Bf - soreness in the beginning is v v v common, bvos bb still learning to latch n breasts not used to the frequent suckling. Use nipple cream after every feed to soothe the pain n heal the crack n also to prevent further cracks, I'm using medala purelan. If u feel it's difficult to pump when ur breasts r full n hard, drink hot drink, ve a hot shower or use a hot wet towel to apply on entire breasts (not nipple), or use hot stone to press on the lumps n massage breasts before pumping, and continue to massage to dispurse the lumps while pumping. The engorgement like a rock feelin will go off after freq feeding when ur bm supply is more regulated.

smilezz
yupyup i know the lifefitness brand.. cali gym uses them too.. but yah abit bulky, was hoping to get a more lightweight one.. yet the con would be not sturdy =(

the manduca i bought at later stage.. when he was abt 8 mths if i rem right.. i had the bjorn at first.. but he kinda outgrow it? dun really like bjorn.. not sure if need insert if i use manduca nw for him.. any bb has alr used the carrier, instead of slings?

medisave claim
i could only claim 2100 too.. natural w epi.. delivered in mt A =)

ktmum
i had that same experience before.. can't rem wads the cause for it.. but it's fine.. just clean the tubes and airdry it before next use..

Hopecg
I see thanks. I was afraid the milk could then hv flowed into the bottle and so threw away all the pumped milk.

I also hv the manduca also wondering when we can start using. According to website, with the infant insert can start from newborn but min weight 3.5kg.

http://www.manducababycarrier.com.sg/

Hi I am new to this forum and is a June mummy too =)

As is my 1st child, there lot of stuff I am still learning so hope to join u ladies in this group.

I have been exclusive latching my girl till now but going to start expressing soon. Would like to ask can i add fresh EBM to already frozen one?

Hi my bb boy is born in 2 jun, i've been a silent reader, pls add me in the fb group, tks
happy.gif

mummykhoo

U need to go to FB to search for our group and then send a request.
happy.gif

Milkdragon

Welcome to the forum and our group.
happy.gif
We can learn from one another. I am also a first time mummy.

ktmum

I thought the infant insert is sold separately? 3.5kg min weight? then my gal's birth weight at 3.7kg would quality already. hehe

How much did you pay for yours?

Try to keep the tubing dry. My SIL's tubings had mould growing inside cos it got damp. Had to get new ones instead.

hopecg

Yeah, Lifefitness is a good brand but super bulky. I like the feel of the machine as compared to AIBI which is smaller and seems rather flimsy. The cross trainer is in my living room right bside my sofa. haha..so typically we can use it while watching TV.

Cindy

We were discussing about the Pigeon breast pads no the wet wipes.
happy.gif
But I love those wet wipes u mentioned - it's in the white packaging right? Super soft. I bought some during the Taka baby fair earlier on and currently am using them. But once I finish, I think I'll switch to a cheaper brand and maybe rotate with the normal red/white pigeon packaging.

Kadice

The C Sec wound will recover soon. Don't worry. Just make a conscious effort not to use your abs/stomach muscles directly when you move around, it will be fine.
happy.gif

And yes our nipples will toughen up but getting a good latch is very important. I applied the cream only for the first few days and afterthat, it's much better. Always massage your breasts - I do so during my shower and when I am expressing. Sometimes when my girl latch, I will also massage the area.

jomomm

My CL doesnt impose any rules on me la...:p so quite a lot of freedom to be frank. Only myself and her at home with baby anyway. She's quite chatty and bored. One thing good is - if u tell her u don't like her to do certain things (eg, don't use hp when carrying my girl, etc), she will take note and don't do it again.

Dear mommies,

My gal is 2 weeks old!!! And she's getting fussy during sleep time, and impatient during feed times.

My episiotomy wound is still hurting and I'm still having lochia, how long will it take to heal? where can I get the spray?

Hopecg,smilezz
The infant insert is attached to the carrier. If you dont need it, just roll it up and clip it. Bought mine 2yrs plus ago I think was between $250 to $300. Better go to the shop and try whether your baby likes it and whether suitable for your frame. I remember we tried a few brands at the shop and manduca was the most suitable for my frame and also baby was more comfortable in it compared to others (by then I think baby already at least 5-6months old?)

snowdoll,
Yes, I think most people will experience some kind of soreness, esp when we're not so experienced in latching and bb still young. I swear by my Lansinoh nipple cream!

Milkdragon,
If you're talking about drinking the milk, I think it's ok to mix. But not if you're storing the milk. It's better to store separately.

ssmilezz,
The band playing now? :/

Ssmilezz
Pigeon breast pads! I see... Me blur, read too fast. No wonder price difference is so much. Keke.
Yah, me and hubby like the pigeon lanolin wipes too. Huggies one not so good. I tried the kodomo wipes. Pretty good and cheaper too.

<font color="aa00aa">I read from confinement recipe book that C-sec can also drink Sheng Hua Tang but for lesser times.

Do not mix frozen &amp; fresh EBM together unless the frozen one has been already thawed. They should be similar temperature before being mixed.</font>

Cassandra, Cindy, thanks for your info on the emma Jane bras. I'm looking for nursing bras with good support. I'm wearing everyday bras and the sleeping bra by fabulous mom. I find the support from the everyday bra sufficient for and the fit is good too. The sleep bra is comfy too. All good enough for home wear la. Ok then, will think about buying more fabulous mom or get Emma Jane to try.

Csec wound: mine was hurting (more like great discomfort at the op site surface) for 7weeks. This is my second Csec and it took longer to feel ok.

Lochia: my lochia also took about 7 weeks on off to clear. Doc says it can take up to 2 or even 3 months.

Carrier: I also want to get a manduca leh. Should try on first? I want to buy from bulk purchase cos cheaper but haven't tried on yet so holding back my purchase. Thought if trying, should try on beco and ergo to compare too.

Kadice, welcome back.. so u had elective csec right? Don't worry abt block ducts. Massage them more and try to latch more often. Bb cry latch.. bb will clear ur ducts soon.

Welcome all new moms..

My 2nd time csec began to feel sore inside after a month. I nvr do anything special but now getting off bed hurts. Turning ard also. Will c gynae this wkend then find out y.
6Wks down e road, my boobs r still engorged mostly.. haven't felt e soft breasts Since delivery. Spend lots time dealing with leaks n vomits of baby.. attachment parenting as my bb prefers to be sling at home. So I have hands free. Only time bb zzz on bed is when I zzz beside her.

maine,
Yes, I think it's good to try on the carrier first, so that you know what you're getting, and see which one suits you best.

Petrina,
Wah, you so good to your bb, sling him/her all the time.
Can share more about attachment parenting? Does it mean slinging baby all the time? But you c-sect, isn't it painful?

Petrina, c-sec u can still carry baby whole day? Woah...I carry a bit of heavy stuff already quite uncomfy.

Jomomm, u can still drink the soup. My aunt works in TCM and has helped me ask the doctor. Drink once not a prob
happy.gif

Check with u all, I'm just wondering. If u pump out, u are using the normal milk bottles to feed the baby right. So in some way, baby would also get used to bottle like formula milk mah? Or u all use other ways to feed?

Kadice,
Thanks for info. I let CL know again. But she seems adamant not to make it for me, hrmp!

For expressed breastmilk, I'm currrently cupfeeding. So, pump into milk bottle, then feed by cup. As in baby will lick/lap up the milk. I tried bottlefeed for my #1, and didn't face any nipple confusion problems. I may try for #2, after the jaundice clears up. See how it goes first.

Hong Zhao Ji
Has anyone's CL cooked this with meesuah for you? CL used the huang jiu, but I thought the dish is red colour. Then she told me nowadays, they cook one is not red colour. Is this true?

kadice
i use normal milk bottles to feed ebm.. same as those for fm.. for one, i dun have that many mik bottles anyways.. dun see e pt in differentiating them too

hui00
you can get the spray through iherb.com.. cheaper than getting from BP.. also note that the curacao spray that gynae gives expiry in 2 wks upon opening.. my gynae gave this spray to me for both #1 and #2 and thanks to jasmine, i din realise the expiry date!

ktmum
i had better go dig my manduca out again! haha.. hope bb likes it!!

i'm starting to develop a phobia for expressing! simply cos the initial pain of the suction puts me off.. but oh well.. suck thumb and continue expressing lo!.. gotta last for months of it! =(

my bb can poop a few times each day.. ok hor? i'm so running outta diapers too!.. gotta keep replenishing supply!.. btw.. serangoon nex isetan having bb fair.. jts =)

Morning mummies!

Kadice

I use normal bottles to feed her. I think you are worried about baby having nipple confusion issit? So far, for my girl, she is able to drink from the bottle and also latch. In any case, by the time you return to work, your baby will also need to be introduced to the bottle or else it will be very diff for your caregiver.

Cindy

Have u tried the Tollyjoy ones? My friend says the ones in the pink packaging are value for money. So I may switch or alternate. :p

jomomm

No band playing le..cos i took a pic and sent a email complaint to the school. haha..the school has reverted and said they will inform their over-enthu students not to practice in a public place.

Lochia

I think with c sec typically less lochia hor. My flow was only heavy during the first few days after delivery. Even then, the so called heavy flow was more like a normal period flow to me. By now, at 3 weeks plus, i only have on and off spotting. I only wear panty liners now.

Carrier

I also agree that best to bring the baby to try diff carriers. Afterall, the prices of carriers are not cheap. Best to make a well informed decision then to end up with a white elephant.

Ya im worried that he wouldn't want to latch on after trying bottle. So far, I only give at night n he is still ok.

Btw I supposed many of u planned ur first mth already right. Did u give anything to your colleagues? Some of my colleagues chipped in to buy vouchers for me. I dunno if I should give for all to share or just give individually only to those who shared the vouchers. Any advice?

<font color="aa00aa">jomomm,
Which type of cup are u using to feed bb? Where to buy?

Re: Milk bottles
I only have 2 milk bottles at home. Which brand are you using? </font>

hopecg,
Could it be that your suction very strong? Maybe wanna try lowering it, not so painful? But if can take it, then ok.

Pooping a few times a day is normal, unless diarrheoa. Check poo "texture". BF babies should be green, then move on to mustard colour.

ssmilezz,
Wah, you eh-sai! But ya la, should. otherwise so noisy leh.

moi,
Hosp use medicine cup. That's what I did. But came back CL went to sterilise and it warp. So, I just got a clean scoop that resembles the medicine cup shape.

Milk bottle - I have mixture of Avent and NUK.

Hi, attachment parenting is somewhat like babying ur baby. Baby led feeds n baby led training. Baby cry,carry. Skin to skin contact.
Co sleeping.

Kadice, first wk csec I didn't sling. 2Nd wk I Co sleep latch carry whenever necessary. Only 3rd wk onwards sling whole day cause I have chores to do. Baby sleep better. Cry lesser.. latch every 2hr or on demand.

Petrina,
I plan to co-sleep with my baby. But carrying baby whole !ay whie doing chores is no joke leh! Esp wif c-sect wound some more. U steady!

Hi Smilez,

You are right . Time really flies n our gal is coming to a month old soon. yeah think like a dream for delivery to coming home n having the baby with us.

Been pretty busy with the full month this sun n finally finished writing one hundreds plus cake cards for all my collegues at work. Took quite sumtimes to write the cakecards as the pen which I m using doesn't gel with the card materials.

CDA account - my hubby went to open with OCBC after waiting for the MCYS letter to arrive yesterday.

Jomomm : guess not easy to find a good CL. My fren whom is due in Feb next year having a hard time to find CL. ESP is Chinese new year period.

Vaccination : my hubby decided to do it at poly cos is really 3 mins from our house. For convenience. We will go PD if baby is sick.

Cyn and other ladies : can you share what is the emergency line to call for PD to ask questions on baby huh? Feel free to PM me. I m thinking of having the numbers online for precaution purposes. We probably will be going to dr Cheng or Dr V at kinder clinic parkway. Thank you
happy.gif

sunbelle,
Ya lor. my CL I think so far quite ok lah. Only that I myself don't know much about all this confinement things, so I'm thinking even if they bluff me, I also don't know.
sad.gif
What to do? But maybe she really did put the good stuff.
Anyway, she's in the kitchen most of the time, which I hardly enter. So, can't monitor also.

Sunbelle

My friend also due in Feb next year. I asked my CL - she said during CNY period, she charges 1.5x her usual rate.

100 plus !! Wah, you are really very patient. I salute you. hehe...

what time is your celebration starting on sunday?

jomomm

Which ergo carrier did you get? Petrina shared an offer for the Ergo carrier at half the price using a online voucher - i'm so tempted to get it!

http://www.voucherwow.com/cities/singapore/deals/9990-for-a-dark-chocolate-organic-baby-carrier-worth-19990/

hope

how come the initial suction so painful when you express? I always take out a nice cold hanky from my fridge and then use to clean my nipples and breasts after expressing. Super cooling and soothing. I realised as I pump and massage, my boobs feel really itchy at times. maybe cos of the blood circulation. It's like when we exercise at times or run for long periods, our thighs get all itchy and red.

my girl poops each time she drinks which is like almost every 2 hourly. I change and change non stop. I also need to stock up on more diapers.

Moi

I have a lot of bottles! Mostly NUK and MEDELA ones. I have like 4 bigger (250ml) ones which I use to store my EBM. And some smaller ones which I will prepare first and pour the portion of each feed (maybe prepare 3-4 bottles ahead of time) and leave inside the fridge. So we can just take out and feed them consolidate and wash/sterilise at one go.

Kadice

I will probably go back to my office and bring some cakes/etc for my colleagues whom I am not inviting to the full month but contributed to the full month gifts.

Diapers

Any offers around?
happy.gif
Online? Supermarkets?

Sunbelle - can pm me ur email addy? I send u a copy of his name card. During ofc hrs, u can call clinic to ask qns but u must b their patient first. After hrs, there is a emergency line.

Ssmilezz - ya v tempted to get the ergo also. But expire 16th jul so mean must collect by 16th? I can't go out n hub can't go also Le. Unless someone consolidate orders, it's v far to collect.

Diapers - I'm using petpet. Find the quality not bad n anyway they poo so frequently, we throw so frequently too!

Sunbelle, ssmilezz,
U wan me ask my CL for her rates?

Ssmilezz,
Mine is an organic ergo, cant rmber the name liao. But at $100, I think it's a good buy, isnt it? They are selling at at least $150 now? I liked the soft organic material.

smilezz
maybe got diaper w freebies during taka fair u might want to wait out.. i know ntuc is selling cheaper nw for huggies nb.. they having some sorta bb fair..

jomumm
mayb i too anxious!.. haha turn the suction to the strongest each time.. trying to train it to work more efficiently =p

full mth celebrations
hmm.. i'm not having an official one.. but will be having batches of diff group of freenz over.. eg uni/work/dive etc.. these are pretty close frenz.. should i still get cake vouchers for them? was thinking v impersonal lei.. and getting those ang ku kueh kinda cake boxes is outta question cos of the diff timings.. (intervals of weeks apart).. any idea?? was thinking jus invite them over for a meal eg pizza and chill out at home.. but like nt v nice if dun give them a gift too.. dilemma!

Hopecg, taka fair is coming soon? Since ur friends coming in batches, giving gift cards seems most convenient. U getting begawan solo one?

Hope

my girl has outgrown the NB ones. she's using erm S size now. We finished up the Pampers NB from the Gmarket offer the other time, then I used one packet of Dryers NB (gosh, it sucks!! Cutting too small for my girl and leaked.
sad.gif
And she had rashes). Anyway, now she's using Huggies S size.

Will wait for Taka fair next week. Dunno when can go there!!

What model of breast pump u are using? I cannot stand if the suction is too strong. Feels like entire nipple so sore!!

Kadice

Taka fair starts next week. For 3 weeks. Should be similar to the one held earlier this year.
happy.gif

Jomomm

So yours is the same model as the one in the offer hor...sounds good. Maybe can just buy - should be able to sell off if really doesn't work out for me?!

Cyn

My hub wants to go collect it tomo leh. Where do you stay? Maybe if my hub go get it tomo, you can pop by anytime my place to collect it?

U PM me if u really keen?

Kadice

how old is your baby? my baby experience nipple confusion at the beginning when i didnt have enough milk and had to supplement with FM. he was less than 2 week old. basically he rejects nipples and just want the bottle. What i did was i delay the feed for a while and kinda force him to suckle at the nipple until he do it 'correctly' before supplementing with FM. Guess baby learns when they are hungry...

so now though i mostly bottle fed EBM, he has no problem on nipple or on bottle

ssmilezz

if you use goon diapers, Qoo10 (gmarket) has a promo @$99. last check it is still on.
but shouldn't buy so much of smaller size, i was too excited and bought a carton of NB goon and now still left 2 packs (a total of 184 pieces!!) unused while my boy already outgrown it. I hope my Size S diapers will be able to use finish before he outgrows them again...

Ginger

I only bought 6 packets of Pamper NB &amp; to date, used all already. Also finished the 1 packet of Huggies NB from hospital &amp; 1 packet of Dryers NB. Now using S size. My girl's birth weight was 3.7kg and by next week she will be one month. I am pretty she's 4+kg now. Maybe even 4.7kg!

I only have S sizes now and will only be stocking up M going forward. haha...

Sell the NB GOON! Don't waste them or else pass them to friends/relatives who are delivering soon.

Time really flies. My gal is 4 weeks today. Having lack of sleep for 4 weeks le haha. Sometime really miss those days where i can sleep throughout the night but seeing her smile make all the lack of sleep worth it. =)

Jomomm/ moi

Thanks for the reply. Seems like I need to clear more space in my freezer to store the EBM.

Sunbelle

I also intend to bring my baby to polyclinic for vaccination since is nearer. Have called polyclinic to book appt.

Diaper
Seems like most of ur baby has upgrade to S size. Mine still using mamy poko NB. S size seems too big for her.

BTW how much is ur baby drinking now for EBM?
Since I have been latching her till now. I got no idea how much to feed her. Is 90ml sufficient to last bb for 3 hours?

Hi Smilez,

Think I have asked my CL cos she say most CL patang to do during Chinese new year so the price is much more. She is still looking for one now.

Hi Cyn,

I have pm you my email. Yes, think that is the nearest to our house hahaha
happy.gif

Hi Jomomm,
Think no need to ask your CL liao as she is liaising with someone's CL at the moment. she haven't confirm anyone yet. hehee
happy.gif

Wow Smilez,

Did you weigh your gal huh? Wow she so fast upgrade to diaper S liao huh? yeah mine still now on NB n that day cold storage got sale so stock up some. think taka fair n there is this baby fair at expo leh. so u k stock up diapers then too.

Oh yes, I need to stock up my wipes too. They are jus running low too fast hahaha
happy.gif

Hihi,
Mmm... seem like many of us r having bb's full month celebration tis Sunday...congrats to all mummies, we hv survived e 1st month!!!! Hopefully will get e hang of things to go thru' e 1st trying year ahead...though tis is my #2 but tink there r many things i need to learn all over again, let's jiayou together ya...hehe
happy.gif

Diapers
My bb is using nepia fm Japan so far no leaking prob and for e NB is 84pcs/pkt @$19...they got free homedelivery if u order , finds it worthwhile
happy.gif

Back