(2012/06) Jun 2012

Jul

Jia you and congrats on crossing over to the final leg of this endurance race. Hehe

I cannot don't drink water leh. Will be so dehydrated and feel half dead!

Groovy

Looks like I must make a conscious effort to cut down sweet stuffs from next week!!

Nattan

Same same! I hope that I can express myself more with my loved ones. But not too extreme cos i find my MiL although vey sweet and loving - super drama at times. Hehe with good intentions I guess

Anna

Thanks for the heads up. But now not convenient to log in and buy, see later during lunch got time or not. :p

Morning ladies!

Anna: don't worry too much. if it's meant to be, you both will have another. if not then just treasure the 1 u have
happy.gif

Jul: i was telling hb tat after taking my bonus next Feb, i'll resign. then he say how to pay for new flat?? so i told him be frugal lor.. at most i dun shop. spend lesser, go market instead of cold storage.
i guess it's easy for us women to say while the men r slogging outside.
But if i carry on working, i everyday have to worry if MIL can handle 2 kids. now she already say muz come home immediately after work to help out. She needs a break. not easy to handle 2.
So i'm thinking I might take up babysitter job so I take care of 2 babies since my son is very independent. At least have abit of income to supplement my insurance premiums.

Smilez: I intend to buy my own flat. been forcing hb for the past 6years. can't find suitable location only.. hope this time manage to get unit # through ballot.
New flat we'll still stay with MIL. cause hb very filial. he say die die muz stay with mom. otherwise he won't move. So only BIL will remain in old flat. Current flat is under MIL & HB name. so HB will release the flat to BIL at no charge
sad.gif
sad.gif
Super lugi...
Cause MIL can't bear to let BIL carry heavy burden. ultimate favoritism.. anyway long story short, reason for moving is current flat no space liao. 6ppl living in 4rm flat. too squeezy for my liking.

My parents financially independent. Everytime i pray that they remain healthy as it's the best asset. Since I got married, i nvr give them $. They on the other hand always help me buy necessities for my son. Very grateful to them. My dad sponsors my son's milk powder. My mom sponsors his diapers previously. When i had #1, i didn't work for 3years.

My brother is giving them $ every month. So i guess it's good to have a sibling? To share burden.

Orange Drink
Mine also previously orange. non chilled, non gassy, super yucky! I was hoping they have chilled like F&N.. LOL
this time no need to take cause gynae say observe first. no family history, previous preg normal results. this time i didn't bloom as fast as previously. so save $ lah.

Cravings
I still need my daily dose of Choco Mint ice cream. Daytime i try to eat healthily so at night I can indulge
happy.gif

I can't differentiate BH & Pain anymore. Seems my tummy not as sensitive as last time. Previously 7mths already BH till I can't walk. Now baby bump me so painful I can still leisurely walk around.
Yesterday meeting, my ipad was on tummy. then baby kicked! Ipad almost fell over. Can really see the drastic movement at times.

Groovy: i'm biting on ice recently. kinda like craving i had with previous baby. plain water with ice. i'll grind the ice then munch in my mouth. they say it's a vitamin shortage disorder that happens to some preg women.

Groovy, fresh fruit juice has sugar too you know? You should drink more juice made with vege if you want to cut down on sugar. Normally my hubby will make juice with celery, carrot, green apples and orange for me. But I don't drink this everyday. Sometimes I just order celery and green apple juice from the juice stall, cos it's not sweet at all. If you have high blood celery helps to lower it.

Thanks smilezz

Petrina

Mine is chilled, orange, gassy. Really like F&N!

Hmm on the contrary i dun think it's so bad working. At least they get away from the frustration of the kids for a while, can have decent adult conversation with their frens n colleaghes. They dun need to ask for $.

My MIL aws give face to working pple. Even now she gives my hubs more even tho we're both working. When i was a sahm, or even on maternity, she'll aws let him eat first, let him rest, say must let him have peace of mind to wk, must not interfere with his OT or 'interaction' with his colleagues etc. Staying at home really = NO STATUS!

Nattan, hehehe..yup2 fresh fruit also has sugar but should be better.

Anyway I like green apple juice most, usually will order that. Also rockmellon, honeydew, avocado, strawberry, papaya, dragon fruit..
Basically those fruits that my mom who is diabetic can eat/drink (maybe except rockmellon/honeydew :p).

Very rarely will eat mango (most sugary)
I don't really like orange

jul: Same!!! MIL always say dun disturb hb, she really expect me to be *xian nu ren* leh...
but hor, she in the house is *da nu ren*.
nobody is allowed to raise their voice at her. only she can shout at us.
sad.gif

so sickening. previously i nvr work, she everyday complain. say burden hb. then when i buy things, she'll say i nvr save $. i so young shld work. waste time at home idling around..

piangz lor! she lagi idle! she only take care of my son at home, cook 2 meals a day. the rest of the chores i do when i reach home lor.. over weekend i also do chores. she super shake leg 1!!

Petrina

4 room really rather squeezy for the whole family. But getting a flat in a good or convenient location also impt, if not , waste alot of time traveling up and down

Have u short listed some locations? Shopping for a new place also a headache.

Your BIL is older or younger than yr hubby? He really tan tio a flat just like that. Would your mil want to stay nearby her son in future?

Good idea to help babysit while being a SAHM since yr boy is very tong shi now.
happy.gif
get some additional income better than nothing hor.

I love mangoes!! But very heaty!

Petrina, some older folks feel that since you studied so much and got degree/diploma, should work instead of wasting your education. But MILs will always side with their sons, so what can we DILs do? Even last time my MIL, whenever she cooks, she will always offer to my hubby first before me, although I'm the bigger earner and contributor to the household. She even wanted keys to our house which I flatly refused. After that, I even pretend to have afternoon naps so that I don't have to see her when she visited our place. Since she came to see her son, I don't have to be there. Sometimes she will sms me to check on her son. As if I became like surrogate mum to my hubby!

Delayed Cord Blood Clamping

I asked gynae abt the benefits of this. She said that it increases the risk of jaundice, esp since i'm at hugher risk coz my #1 had jaundice, it's a boy, n chances are we could have diff blood group again. She said the practice just increases the red blood cells to the baby which would just end up being broken down again. Hmm.. Guess this won't be in my plan now. I'm prepared for jaundice already hah!

groovy2009: You are really a young mum!!! I am in my early 30s now and only having my first baby.

3rd trimester start from 27th week or 28th week?
My weight really shoot up very quickly the past week. 1KG! Cannot imagine how to survive the remaining 13weeks

aiyo, this tread is moving very very fast. And I missed the pampers deal.

But never la, I have lots of free pampers should be enough till me girl outgrow the size and till the next offer comes along (hopefully).

Nursing Bras, $9.90 Only
I hope mommies didn't missed out my post on nursing bra's. Nicer, laced ones at $22.90 only. Stocks just arrived yesterday at Century Square.

Been searching high and low for a fairly priced ones, so I am so excited that I found it, thus dont want mommies here to miss out too!!

Petrina: MIL always sayang their sons more. Will remind me to cut fruits for her son, do this and that, majiam like I won't loh..initially i hear already a bit sian, but now used to it already.

She agrees to take care of our baby but her condition is that we have to employ a maid to help her. Say she needs to do a lot of chores at home, esp now when my BIL just got married, wife stay with them, need to cook more blahblah...And my husband very filial, agreed. I told my parents, they also kinda agreed that good to employ maid for her. Additional costs again
sad.gif
And I never have a maid before, must get used to a stanger..hmmm

Petrina

On the whole my MIL is a nice lady. But bcoz she doesn't wk, her world is v narrow n limited. N bcoz she's queen kf the hse, she wants her own way mah. Anything contradicting sure kena conflict. I also wanna be queen of my own hse right?

Nattan

Aiyah of course they heart pain their son more than us lor. Keep nagging me to make sure he brings water bottle to wk, quickly eat so that he can eat if i'm eating first blah blah. She's super worried that he's a food swallower, but aws complain that i m too meticulous n slow when i eat. Duh,...

Kadice

Mine also! Keeps remindingme to baby her son. Pls lor! He's so old liao! If she din 'train' him to be more independent, she can only blame herself. Wife is not his mother or 'trainer' hor

Besides only i shd sacrifice my rest n health to preserve his hor? Plus now i preggie leh!

Kadice, you're staying with ILs? I always feel that better don't ask ILs to help look after the kids. Either own parents do it or DIY (maybe with a helper). Cos last time, my MIL also offered to look after my kid, and I wonder how that would be possible unless she expects me to leave my kid there in JB for the whole week then come on weekends to see him/her! Like that might as well don't be a parent?

Oh.. I've put on 8+ kg. Baby is only average in measurements n weight. Guess the 2nd child does tend to be less well fed than #1 who is the King lol

Nattan

A lot of msians wking in spore do that. Leave their kuds with their parents, or even nanny n only visit them on wkends, or even once a mth. Guess to your mil that was normal practice so she din see anything wrong

Oh ya, I never advocate staying with ILs. I made it clear during dating time already. If married already have to live with ILs, then I choose to break off the relationship. Luckily my hubby feels the same way, but recently he thinks about bringing his dad over to live in Sg (though not necessarily in the same house). But I think his dad will never agree to it. Too used to life over there...

Kadice
I do intend to get a maid for my MIL too if she agrees to take care of my baby. But I would rather get a part time local maid to do the household chores and marketing for my MIL.

I can imagine all the motion you have to go through training the maid. "Headache!!" Now we still have to give them a day's leave. If you are really lucky you would get really a good one.

jul: ya loh, they would always treat their sons as kids. my hubby usually wont initiate to take fruits. since i have the habit of eating fruits and for his health, i would just cut for him. They pamper their sons too much la, haha

nattan: I dun stay with my in-laws. Will have to bring baby home everyday after work. initially wanted to leave the maid there at night, but she refuses, say no space. so duh loh, have to ferry maid around daily too. Im hoping my mum would stop working, so some days of the week can bring to her house instead.

My ILs also didn't want to stay with us. which is a blessing. My hub and his father are like dog vs cat relationship. Very easy to get into quarrel. Sigh.

MILs always like to baby their sons la. Normal. And my hub will be manja with his mom to make her happy. Haha.

Thankfully my MIL quite protective of me and nag at my hub to help out and take care of me.

What is delayed cord blood clamping? Is this something that we need to mention in our birth plan?

Lunchtime!! Hope everyone has a good lunch today!
happy.gif

Staying with ILs
My BIL is younger. he was an accident. my hb 36, he's 25. so MIL baby him alot. plus he's very manja!
my hb very independent. MIL won't nag at him. always say hb heaty, muz boil barley water for him.. i dunno how to be wife, etc..
since #1 came out, dialogue became I dunno how to be a mother!!

i wanted to hire maid for MIL. but she refused. saying language barrier, maid do nothing since she cook + take care of baby. i said maid will carry things while u do marketing lor then carry baby or push stroller. she refused. then say i muz come home early so she can go evening market or go NTUC.
then she'll go weekend morning market once a week to stock up.

my parents volunteered to pay for my share of the house if we move out. only condition, MIL & BIL don't follow.
hb refused. so plan fall through. i always told hb that if need, my parents will help to pay for new flat. if i dun work. but he MCP, refused to accept my parents' help.

i hate it when i can't control anything in the house. even my hb feels MIL is overbearing in case of our son child rearing rules n regulations.
sad.gif

All i want is for my kids to get their own room. MIL feels like olden days all shld squeeze. otherwise kids dunno do what in the room alone.
I'm like pls lor!! I also have my own room since i was 7!
i also nvr do funny things.. it's more convenient to study and change.. imagine 3ppl slp in 1 room, if wanna change muz go toilet. so ley chey!! then study muz go kitchen. lagi ley chey...
i hate this type of lifestyle.. as if i can't afford house. all depends on location mah.. so sickening!

I had tomyam chicken soup with rice and minced pork omellete
happy.gif
yummmm... My baby loves it spicy! After that had a scoop of Horlicks ice cream. A bit too much after that... it's really rich.

Petrina, really pei fu you can put up with staying with ILs for so long. I would never agree to it. Your MIL sounds like a pain. How can she say that you don't know how to be a mother?? Anyway, stay with ILs mean you have to put up with it cos it's their house and their rules..

i had noodles and avacado milk shake. another half day to weekend!

stay with ILs no choice, have to "ren ren ren" Petrina, im quite surprised she said that to you upfront. thought at most complain to your husband only.

kadice: MIL very open type. she not happy she will say. nvr mince her words.
always say "you think be mother very easy huh" / "you think your son call you mother very simple huh"
*Translate to chinese*

nattan: Love your partner, love his family... my hb treat me very well. so it kinda compensates for everything.
happy.gif

Actually preparing to be parents means we also must be prepared to sacrifice a lot of things..finances, personal time etc.but I guess when u hear them say 'mummy I luv u', everything will be worth it.

Fleur, sorry I jus login. Yup, I wld luv to hv the voucher if u dun need it.let me know how I can pick it up frm u.

Mil, it's natural for them to side their son la..cos own flesh n blood ma.they prob see us as their son snatcher.esp if our hubby side with us. Mine is generally ok but we avoid staying together.that's why I am back in my mum's hse to prepare for confinement even though my mil hse has more space. But things changed after she knows I m pregnant...sponsor my CL, herbs and also prepared tonics for me every week. Relationship btw us improved cos now I can consult her on how to look after baby, what to eat during confinement etc. Jus hope she wun interfere in how I look after my son in future.

Petrina, really pei Fu your patience too. Sometimes I'll complain to hubby about mil and u can see his Wei nan look...then I'll keep quiet and try to think about her gd points as much as possible..

Talking about MIL, last weekend I go back to Medan to visit her since she's hospitalized already..
Her cancer suddenly getting very worse. She's now bedridden, can only talk a bit and move hands a bit.
So pitiful..
I feel so sad recently, as I feel I'm not a good daughter-in-law..
There I also don't know what to do.
I did not know her very well. I get married 2.5 years ago, but since she lives overseas and only visit us sometimes, so I did not know her very well.
She's a very kind person, very active in church, never get angry, never be fussy at all. Never told me don't do this or that.

I'm the bossy type, likes to boss around my hubby and I feel quite bad becoz sometimes I'm like that even though I'm in front of in-law. It looks like I'm not taking care of hubby that well :S.

Everytime she's in my house, I don't know what to ask my maid to cook for her, when I ask her she just said up to me. But when I ask my maid to cook anything she doesn't like she'd rather not eat. She's the type that's really never wanted to be a burden to anyone.

Very different type with my family lor, always said we want this and that if things doesn't go our way we'll be very angry. I even knows what my mom, dad, sis, bro likes. What they don't like. Becoz we are always very fussy since childhood.

Very different with my husband, he's also very patient and very rarely gets angry. I think he gets MIL gene. That's why I'm very bossy and like to bully him even though he's 2 years older than me :$..

Now still hoping and praying for the best for MIL. Last year she's detected with last stage lung cancer. She has undergoes lots of treatment. It's just so sudden, 4 weeks ago suddenly her leg feel limp so she can't walk. Then 2 weeks ago get hospitalized already.

Prettibride: i do complain to my HB. but i always tell him. i complain to u only. pls don't go talk to her abt it. cause i don't want conflict.
as long as she isn't overboard on my bottomline, i can tahan.. for my hb & my son it's ok.
after all, i always tell myself, how many more years has she got? she is nice to my son, nice to my hb. good enough for me le. rather than employ a maid also make me pek cek n not nice to my son?

Groovy: try to spend some time with her then. she sound like my mom. very quiet person who do everything for the family..
so my mom always remind me to ren ren ren.. hehe

Thinking about her makes me very sad. At first when my #1 is born even though I didn't have much conflict with her, but I always talk bad saying she doesn't know how to take care of a baby since usually their family always have baby sitter.
But actually it's not the case I think she's just very busy to make my hubby relatives (who's very old can't take care of baby, only cook and clean house) to settle down in our house, helps out to buy anything we need, that's why in early weeks she can't help out.
In fact when she come the next month she helps out quite a bit. She helps bottle feed EBM to my #1, also when we want to bring #1 out to go shopping she said she'd rather be at home taking care of #1 look after her becoz she believed it's better for baby to stay home because baby has not been immunized yet..

Last time I thought she's very strong, as she's younger than my mom. And last time my mom ever has quite serious diabetes and high blood pressure problem, so I thought she's not very strong. So when we go out, usually I'll bring my mom's shopping bag but sometimes I never offer her to bring her shopping bag :S.
If I buy something for mom, sometimes I forgot about her. Hux3..

Huhu I can't go back to Medan already. Now 3rd trimester quite scary to go by airplane.
Then bring #1 as well, in Medan they have no maid. Really so tiring.. Last weekend I went Saturday night, go back Tuesday afternoon..

Seeing her a bit sad, becoz all her kids are boys.. And I'm the only daughter-in-law also can't do anything. huhu..

Petrina, you're right, but before we got married, my MIL was not so opinionated and actually treated me very well. And I reciprocated by visiting regularly and bringing gifts. But after we got married, she expected me to take in my BILs to live with us, insists on coming over to do housework for them, etc. I felt that they really intruded on my privacy and space lor. Plus my BILs never try to help out around the house, always waiting for MIL to come over to do housework for them! After I asked my BILs to move out, our relationship became not as good as before. I know partly is my own doing, but I wish my MIL didn't try to impose on our couplehood. I'm the kind that the more you wanna force me to accept something, the more I'll resist. :p And same with my hubby... he was also quite fed up with his mum but found it hard to say so. Anyway, she's no longer around, so say all these also no use :p

Groovy, don't feel sad.. if you want to do something for her, maybe you can make something delicious and ask your hubby to bring back to his mum over the weekend, after Medan is a very short plane ride away, and he can come back again soon. Or you can make more phone calls to talk to her. Even if she can't really talk, I'm sure she would be happy to hear from you and your daughter.

Prettibride:
PM me your address. Later i will go down and mail it to you. It should reach you by Monday. You can go ahead to book your appointment with them. Tell them its the voucher from the BabyCare Fair booklet and expiry is 31.12.2012.

Kadice: I agree with you. the only consolation is when i think that as long hubby treat me good then can alrdy.

I will never agree to staying with ILs. Worse still i have a young SIL (not so young as she is 31 this yr) who is a rude B*&^% and never once greeted me. Worse still last year CNY don't know how to even say hello to my hb and me. But in front of her friends she is like an angel and pretends to be. Aiya so don't get me started haha i wld die if i stayed with them

At work alrdy have to be cordial and put on a mask. If i stayed with ILs and have to also be "ke qi" even when i am tired i think i sure go crazy

Groovy: Don't be so upset. Its not that you don't want to visit her but its not advisable. Got heart can alrdy. Can give her a call or buy something for her let your hubby bring back i am sure she wld appreciate it alot.

hi gd noon to all,

Read about the post on MIL. I had to endure and stay with IL till i got my BTO house in beginning of jan 2016. Now i am staying with my SIL and In law. I dont know if i am sensitive, my pregnancy till now there is never tonic made for me. There is no special care and maybe its due to my background. I am a single mum with a son coming 6 years old. My hubby accept me and my son. So i think he love me more
happy.gif

But the parents did not really accept but because their son want so they have no choice. And every day I just come home and leave home to work by greeting them. We hardly talk. After work every day, I will bring my son back from mum's place to his place. And I will stay inside the room to rest.

The parents also seem a bit inconsiderate. They always watch tv till 12 (their favorite taiwan show) and I will only come out with hubby to watch after their turn. I wish to buy a tv and put inside room but my room is too cramp. Next time when baby is born, we will cramp inside the room.

But lucky for confinement, I will be staying at my mother's place and i not sure if hubby will be staying over every day. I dont think his parents will allow. That time they say he cannot (lu zui) meaning like stay over at the wife's side house.

Now i only take one step at a time.
happy.gif

Enjoy weekend mummies!

Groovy

Don't be sad k? Keep yr MiL in your thoughts and prayeers, else try to talk to her over the phone. I am sure she doesn't blame you for not being by her side at this moment.

Petrina

Quite true, in the olden days, kids are not enetitled
To their own room. I had to share a room with my sis and always preferred to do my homework on the dining table instead of our shared room.

Lunch

I had Zhou Kithen for lunch. Some tim sum and other cooked food. But like not much appetite today.

Groovy: I think as long as you "you xin" give her a call, she would be happy already.

Joanne:My mil also never makes tonic for me, just cook normal dinner. I think depends on the character one, some of my friends' mil would buy birdnest & cook nutritious food for them. Even confinement she even suggested if I can order those confinement food tingkat/takeaway. Duh! My parents are more concerned, would cook healthy food for me whenever I go back and ask me get confinement lady to cook since nobody knows how to cook confinement dishes. My aunt even offered to help. Think different kinda background ba. No matter what, we are not their "daughters" mah. Would nv be the same. haa

Kadice: Yes I think our parents will definitely treat us better. My parents cook for me and do confinement for me, no need waste the money on confinement lady. Even until now, she din mention she want to help me take care. I will let me parents talk care and decide to hire maid for them. Sometime hubby say he is stuck in between, coz i think he is mummy boy. Everyday got to go back eat parents cooked dinner.

Usually we have dinner outside then when we went home, he will eat again though he want to vomit out. I told him to tell his parent dont cook our share but they just insist on cooking. Haiz.

My PIL also never make any tonics or cook in my house when I was pregnant with #1 last time. Becoz they also very rarely cook in their house I guess. They always have caterings, or eat out..
Only one time MIL cook fried rice for us during my maternity leave because that time hubby's relatives need to go to Penang for 1 week so she can extend 1 more month staying in Singapore..
Usually she'll just help out hubby's relatives.
But I'm quite fine with that, since I can't cook for them as well. :$.

I'm very bad lah, dunno how to cook and very lazy to cook. Can only ask my maid to cook, just mention the ingredients, ask to try how many table spoon of this and that :$. Cooking in theory only. hehe..
I dunno what food my MIL likes. Hubby also don't know!

During my stay in Medan I cook simple dish (soup) for my #1 becoz she's only 17 mths old, I don't want her to eat outside food everyday. I don't think MIL will like to eat the soup since it's all veggies. That's why didn't bring extra for her. I only know hubby's side all doesn't like to eat veggies, and beancurd. Very different with my mom..

My own mom also never cook for me when I was preggy with #1 last time. When preggy with #1 I always eat hawker center/ food court's food. Quite bad actually :$

Only this time around since I always eat at home, so sometimes she'll also cook additional dishes apart from what my maid has made, also to teach my maid.

Prettibride: I have alrdy gone for their first trial so i won't have any use for it.
One way is to PM me your address and i mail it and another way to meet is City Hall MRT weekdays evenings?

Feeling lethargic and bored... snacking on instant coffee and Jacobs crackers again :p

Can't wait for the day to end and I can go for my facial :D

Toking abt MIL, mak mi think of myself in the future, whn I wil also b smone else MIL. I bet my DIL will b toking lots abt mi too. Haha. Cos I alrdy knw I wil b lik a nasty MIL, vry protective for my son. :p Tat day, I saw a grp of army guys n I tld my hubby. "Smday, our boy is gonna b lik thm serve the nation... n smday he will b holding on to smone else's hand, kissing smone els's lips n hugging smone else dearly. These bring tears to my eyes...I m nt sure I cn live thro tat. Think I m gonna b a nasty MIL in future." Hubby sy I siao arh.
sad.gif

Haha.. Chris.. if you want it to be true, it will come true. But don't you wish for your son to be truly happy? And teaching your son to find a good wife and DIL for you is better than believing that you will become a bad MIL making everyone else unhappy right?

For me, I hope my son will be discerning and find a good and godly wife next time. I know I'm also a strong-willed person, so if my son finds someone strong-willed like me, I'll probably try to find some common ground for us to build rapport. But I told my hubby, I want our kids to be independent from young. So, I don't foresee myself being an over-protective or possessive kind of parent. My parents were like that, so I definitely don't want to be the same :p

Don't think so much la... That's still 18 yrs away!! I'm more focused on the present... make sure got enough milk to TBF baby and find a childcare centre when the time comes!!! >.<

ya Chris, dun worry so much. As one ages, thinking and mentality might also change depending on environment and what one goes thru.Maybe by then, u would be an understanding MIL. u nvr know!
happy.gif

Back