(2012/06) Jun 2012

<font color="aa00aa">gingera,
Your bb has very good weight gain. Mine (TBF) only gains 800g at 5+ weeks.

ryan_mummy,
I order dinner tingkat from Tong Chiang who share the same kitchen as Hilltop. Wonder if their dishes are the same.</font>

Baby wt gain

Well, I dun know if it's a blessing or otherwise. My boy is so heavy now that my hands are numb from wrist down, especially when I wake up in the morning. Can't open or close my hands until about 20 min later... The doctor also say wrist pain is pretty common among mothers. Nowadays I find it more and more difficult to lift my baby from the cot or hold him when he is struggling.

And due to his size, ppl tends to forget he's still an 'infant' and still need to support his head when carrying. ...

catering

Try mum's cooking, quality good and they have one person package but the price is also more ex

I think old benchmark is double in 6 months and triple in 1 year..

My elder one just nice following guidelines last time. But her birth weight is small only 2.78 kg

Mummies, anyone interested in Similac total comfort stage 1? It is a 900g tin n I only scoop once, 60ml. I m giving it away for free, PM me if keen. Bought it for my boy who recently refused his usual milk but he didn't like it.

Hi mummies, sorry to interrupt.

I am an April mummy. I have a brand new Avent steamer blender bought earlier this year. And I received another as gift. I bought it for $199 and am letting it go at $150.

If you are interested, please contact me via email [email protected].

Thanks and all the best
happy.gif

my boy was born 3.2 kg, @ 1 mth checkup he is already 4.7kg, recently weight him using home bathroom scale (carry him and weigh, then substract your own weight) he is ard 6kg. i am pretty sure he will double his birth weight by his 2 mth checkup...

i have a colleague, her gal also already almost hit 3x weight before first year too.

the reason why i stick to breast milk was that i hear babies on FM tend to be overweight and may lead to obesity later in life... but i guess nowadays ppl have good nutritions... so even on total breastmilk baby gain weight fast.

but i must declare i am on total EBM. my boy suckle very slowly and i am guessing he also only get very little milk when he latch direct because my breast dun feel soft even after 30 min. but when it comes to bottle he suck fast and furious and gobble up 150ml( and sometimes more) in less than 10min. so i guess if i was stick to direct latching, he probably wont put on so much weight so fast...

Hi Ginger, my girl was born 3.2kg too and on TBM. She's about 5kg now only at 5w3d, guess boys are normally heavier than girl, that's why.. May I ask how long does it take for your boy to suck 150ml? It takes forever for my gal, like 30 mins and she always sleeps while she drinks! Also until now she can only take 110-130ml..

tracy,

i persume you mean from bottle. it takes about 5 min on a number 2 avent teat. but i use number 1 teat usually and it take 10-15 min.

i think my boy is like a gold fish. normally i had to restrict his intake. the PD says baby will stop when they are full but it doesnt work for my boy. there was a time when he drink alot (his record was 210 ml at one go) and then he will puke and then want to drink again... :S

after some try and error, now is about 140-150ml per feed every 3 hrs. sometimes he will cry for more, but after burping and some distractions, he will fall asleep. but at night i will feed 160-170ml so that it will last him longer.

Woow, impressive! I have to force feed my gal sometimes...

How're your babies sleeping at night? My gal refuses to sleep at night and sleep like a log during the day.. such a misery! I wish I can sleep peacefully but it wont happen today, arghh..

similar situation here. he sleeps well in the afternoon. couldnt wake him up no matter how we try, he just fall back asleep.

He sleeps at night but wakes up 1-2 times for feed usually in the wee hours like 2 am or 4am. i doubt he will be sleeping through the night any time soon.

i agree it is terrible but these few days it means we get to catch more olympics games :p

hi ladies,

i jus went to see dr cheng today. he is a very patient and good doctor.

jus wondering any of you take the rotavirus and the 5 in 1 injection together huh?
happy.gif

LL, I ordered from sweetest moments. Both presentation &amp; price are good.

My CL just left today. Baby teared and waved bye bye. Made me emo &amp; sobbed too
sad.gif
I'm gg to miss her.

Sun belle - u finally met dr Cheng. I was there yesterday. Sad to say bb still having jaundice! His jaundice went down abt 2wks back to 173 but yester tests show 248! But luckily dr Cheng also ordered for another test to check his liver n tests so it's ok. So he ask me to continue to bf but ve to watch my diet, strictly no more ginger n Chinese herbs. I tot bb jaundice drop to normal level 2 wks back so at 3rd n 4th wk, I started taking a lot more Chinese herbs to catchup n "pu" myself, now so regret. But then he said if its "breastmilk jaundice", it's actually harmless but still need to monitor n hopefully they will clear soon. Going for another blood test again next wk. poor bb, Kena prick so many times, yester one was worse, they took half a tube of adult size blood test tube of blood fr his hand, cry n scream so much till mummy heartache.

Sunbelle - if I'm not wrong, rotavirus is syrup?? At dr Cheng, my #2 took 2 jabs each time (abt every 2mths) but I can't remember for what. I took all jabs avail. For my #1 under a different pd, he jab one each time every mth. So it's up to u.

Hello mommies,
How is everyone? I've been struggling to keep my spirits up, and struggling to manage the 2 kids. Really hvnt been abe to check in here for some time.

Gingera,
I also find my gal so heavy, untill have to use 2 hands just to carry her head!

Kadice,
Wah, yr relationship with your CL so good.

Sunbelle,
If I din rmber wrongly, my #1 also took rotavirus and 5in1 together, cos I rmber one time when he drank that liquid, and got jab too.

Sleeping &amp; Night Feeds
I'm now trying to latch my gal on at night altho she drinks very very little when latched as she falls asleep easily on the breast. I figured that this may not be a bad thing, if she can train her tummy not to look for milk at night. Hopefully, she'll learn to sleep through the night soon. But I hope she's not treating my nips as a pacifier.

Hi Cyn,

With dr Cheng around, your baby is in good hands. I can sense the sincerity of him talking to me n patience in answering my enquiries.

Yup, your baby jadice should come down soon. Ginger seems potent. Dun worry.

Hi Jomom,

Mi oso very tired from the night duty leh. Yeah suffering from back pain from bending down to change diapers n oso bathing baby n helping baby to wear clothes. Can you all share your experience? Thinking of getting a diaper changing table. Issit practical huh? My back is hurting badly now.

Hi Petrina n Nattan : are u all coping well huh? So tired but happy

Sun belle - ya I think a gd height changing table is a gd idea if ur house ve the space for it, my house too small. Get those changing tables that ve a bathtub in it as well then no need to bend so much. I also backache even though I ve a changing table for my playpen, it's still too low.

Hi mothers,

I'm a new mummy. My baby boy was born on 1st June. He is now 9 weeks old. I am breastfeeding, but should I also give him some water at this age? I was told that the baby should take only breast milk till at least 3-6 months.

changing table

i got a changing table from ikea. it is very useful. i find it very convenient and i have no backache til recently. because i need to lift my boy from the cot and he is very heavy...

Ginger, my son is also a slow drinker when he latches but can gulp down ebm very fast. I guess my letdown is slow that's why.

Cyn, I feel your pain. When my bb was going for those blood tests for his jaundice, I also felt heart pain every time he had to suffer the needle. Hope your boy's jaundice improve soon.

Sunbelle, my hubby is the one suffering back pain from changing diapers over the cot while I have a painful wrist from carrying him! If you cannot get a changing table of a suitable height, one thing you can try to do is keep your back as straight as possible when bending over the cot and use more of your abs for support. Imagine the Japanese bowing down, they keep their backs very straight. It helps if you wear a tummy binder too.

Sunbelle,
At the moment, my mom and hb is still helping out with caring of baby. They mentioned that their back doesnt hurt as much if they change baby over the bed, i.e. they also sit on the bed themselves.

I really wish I've got a helper around, yet don't want maids. I was thinking of getting day time nanny to come my place. Any one knows of anyone keen to do the job? Wonder if it'll work.

Ivy_T,
I dun intend to give baby any water till 6months old.

Cyn, nattan,
I share your feelings too. #1 had long case of jaundice. Felt so heartpain whenever he got pricked, cos I myself scared of needles. But now that he's grown up, I dun think he remembers it at all.
happy.gif
so, cyn, jia you ok?

Nattan,
I had the wristpain during #1 too. Not sure if it's carpel tunnel syndrome. But it was super hurtful. In the end, TCM did the job for me after a while.

jomomm, why don't you ask around your neighbours if anybody wants to babysit? Or check with confinement nanny agencies.

My wrist pain got better but now the fingers on my right hand are numb, a symptom of CTS. Where did you go for TCM treatment? I'm thinking of going to one near my place.

I have a used Capella stroller intention to sell , condition is 9/10 .
Brandnew selling at(290.00)willing to let go 200.00 with one free play pen wroth (150.00).. 
Those interested please SMS me at 91458645 . For viewing 

hi cyn, i am also using a playpen given to me by my good fren. yeah so really painful after bending intensively for the last few weeks so decided maybe is time to do sumtin abt it besides buying those pu yao jing to drink.

hi ginger, i have called ikea to ask too. tinking of getting one second hand since baby outgrow fast, but i am also tinking of getting one from ikea too...
happy.gif
thank you very much for sharing hehe

Nattan : jus to share that guess i am too tall so when i bend down to change diaper hor, is really bending down. nowadays i bei tahan so take a chair and sit down leh...jialat ! not sure issit an ageing sign liao hehehe

jomomm : initially i have the same tot as u to engage someone to help, but after my experoence with CL, i scared later i become the maid lor hahahaha
happy.gif

nattan : for wrist pain, quickly get it cure cos my sis in law delay and caused her lots of pain later on as baby gets heavier leh...

issit wise for us to stock M size now huh or L size diapers huh? hehehe mi like auntie like tat leh..everyday bio papers for them ...auntie really

Sunbelle, I'm 1.68m and my hubby is 1.74m. I don't have backache yet even though I change my baby over the cot while my hubby is feeling the strain on his back. I think it's cos I don't bend over so much. I stretch my arms towards my baby when I change him instead of bending close to him. If you prefer, can change him on your bed instead, just make sure you put the waterproof mat on your bed and cover his penis in case he accidentally sprays all over the bed (which my son did, but inside his cot :p).

Re my wrist, I'm wearing a wrist guard for now. If it's not getting better, I'll seek medical help.

Re diapers, my baby is still wearing S size. I think you can buy some M size but may not need it until at least 6 mths? My baby is using Pet Pet (S size) for day wear cos it's cheaper. It's ok but the cutting is smaller like Drypers so you may wish to buy M instead if normally your baby wears S and change immediately after every pee/poo cos I feel that it's not as absorbent as Pampers/Huggies. He wears Pampers at night cos we usually only change in the morning.

hi nattan,

yeah i have tried various positions to change baby diapers but doesnt help. will probably look for diaper changing station in ikea...

yeah have to quickly take care of the wrist ...our wrist is very impt. TCM usually advises against taking cold tins..maybe u can avoid the very cold stuff ....

yup, thank you very much for sharing on pet pet ..yeah i have stocked huggies and pampers at home now....
happy.gif

Petpet
I am also using Petpet in the day now. Its pretty good since she poos a lot in the day. Will switch to fitti basic for size M as its cheaper per piece. Did so for no.1.

Jommom
Jiayou! I am also amother of two but i am lucky as no. 1 goes to school. But it gets tough when no. 1 comes home. She demands my attention while bb cries at night.

Crying at night
I realised that my bb always cries at night when she wants to sleep. In the day she is fine, will just cry a bit then sleep.At night she will scream. Fall asleep for awhile and wake up screaming. This will go on for an hour or so. Wonder when she will grow out of this phase or is this not normal? Sigh.

Tummy
Hubby is complaining that my tummy is a little big.... asked me to exercise. Sigh.......just bought a new swimsuit cos bust is a little bigger now. Hopfullly i will exercise and get rid of that big tummy

jomomm,

yeah, i considered a day-time nanny too. however when i asked for the price of a nanny to take care of my 2 mth old boy at my place, the agencies (i checked with 3-4 of them) told me that they will consider it as confinement work (!?) and the price is upwards of $2k for daytime. Further more no chinese nanny available, only indians. the lowest quote i got for a 4 hour session on weekdays only is $1k.

after doing some math, i gave up that idea. So now i tried to tahan until he is big enough for infant care.

If you managed to get someone, please share info.

thanks.

Diapers - my bb using petpet exclusively now. I will change his diapers every 3 hrs since he drinks every 3hrs n will sure poo after or while drinking. So far so gd but when his frequent pooing stabilized, i will use MAMYPOKO for nite n outdoor use. Size wise, depend on each child, some bb wear size M when only 3-4mths old. But I think u can stock up size M. But for L, don't buy too many since it will take longer to reach that size n diapers promo every once awhile will ve. I Stockup mine for diff sizes bcos I ve more than 1 kid using, I buy all fr MSIA. It's cheaper than SGP promo prices.

Changing tables - I think Ikea ones no safety belt. Am I right? Kiddy palace also ve I think. Baby cot if adjus to the Highest, it's a lot better height than playpen.

Nanny - it's not easy to get one to go ur place since many prefer to put at THEIR place so that they can continue with their own house chores, some also babysit more than 1 child.

Nattan,
Try eys or ma kuang. Not sure your place nearer to which one. Treat earlier is better I think. Cos at the rate we're using our wrist, I dun think it has enough opportunity to try to recover by itself. No chance at all.

Sunbelle,
Hahaha....I also like u! After CL, think I'll also become maid. But really quite sick of doing all d household chores, and mundance tasks already, plus now x2 some more. But now hire maid also not cheap hor?

I also using PetPet now. Is ok. Altho sometimes leak when she big poo.

Tlisa,
My #1 also go halfday sch in morning, but house is allways in constant mess. I already almost 3 years like no life, constantly with him. People say they are tired but happy. I am happy, but tired! How u manage all the household chores?? And mine already dun have crying problem leh. Both kids hv been good *touchwood*

Tummy - aiyo...where got time to care about tummy now. I suddenly had a VERY bad ache on my entire back last night. Can't seem to lie down at all. It's not painful when I sit up, only when I try to lie down horizontally. Dunoe what's wrong...
sad.gif

Gingera,
Wah! So ex???!! Now I'm thinking of maid option. Cos I was thinking if get daytime nanny, say 4 hours, she also can't do much. My gal in 4 hours, will be sleeping most of the time, milk once, then? What's nanny gonna do? Sigh....I dunoe lah....maybe Im desperate now, considering all the options. See how the next few days go.

Oh! Can mommies with a toddler and baby share your rooming arrangements? Im hvg difficulties with that cos my #1 keeps on waking to fuss over #2. Yet he cant sleep without me, and I gotta feed baby. How?

Liligal,
Long time no hear from u. How's things?

I also backache n when I lie down straight, it hurts even more. Dunno is my back or bed prob. But I took out my osim ucozy jus now for shoulder n back, it's great man! Can try invest in that. It is heated too. I bought during mother day promo at $138 I think or less.

Jommom - my #1 is v attached to me, he always sleep with me b4 bb born. But he seem to understand when I told him I need to sleep with bb so he willingly went to sleep with daddy in our master bedrm. He has Sch so he need undisturbed sleep so I put bb n #2 in another rm with me n maid. Maid handles #2, I handle #3. But sometimes #2 is also affected by bb cries so I will bring bb to living rm to calm him down if possible.. If things still don't work out, I intend to ask maid n #2 sleep in living rm.

But I try to feed bb b4 he cry. I roughly know when he wants n he will start to make a lot of noise (not cry) n I will take him out n nurse him. It's only sometimes he don't want to sleep in his playpen or when I change his diapers, sometimes he cry (ESP when he want to pee).

Cyn,
I just checked that what I have is muscle spasms, caused by muscle tear, or inflammation. It's like labour contraction of the muscles. Very very painful. No choice, in the end I use koyok first. Will have to throw away my EBM
sad.gif
Hopefully it gets better by tomorrow. Otherwise have to seek medical help, and I dunoe where to put my kids. Oh, pls let it get better.

Thx for sharing yr rooming arrgmts. My #1 same like yr boy. He also understands, and will go sleep with Daddy. But midnight, confirmed subconsciously will come look for me. End up, disturbed sleep, and always tired in school. He's also very "light ear". Hear me pump milk, also wake up. How arh?

I really salute u for having 3! I 2 already cant manage.

Your bb cries when he wants to pee?

baby care option

ya, nanny is out for me. too ex. i am not keen on maid. cost wise probably same as nanny if you include all the fringe expenses like food, lodging , insurance, $$ to bring her along when go out/holiday etc. And i hear so many horror stories.

now i am considering infant care services...if take the govt ones like PCF/my first skool after subsidy is 600+/mth for 12 hours each day. maybe put him there for a few hours each day to have "my time" then fetch him back...

hand pain

mine is more finger pain/cramp then wrist... maybe due to massaging breast during every single pump. right shoulder too because i always carry baby's head (the heavier side) on my right hand. hubby asked me to alternate hands but i couldnt sustain his wt on my left hand
sad.gif

<font color="aa00aa">nattan,
Don't your boy poop at night as 1 Pampers can last him throughout the night?

I've just finished using 2 packs of PetPet &amp; have just switched to Drypers as the former is OOS for size S when I need to replenish. Think I have to change the latter more frequently. Also bought Huggies to try as hospital is using that on DS after he was born.</font>

hi tilsa,

thank you very much for sharing on pet pet. you are not alone. i have more weight to shed now cos last time i jogged 4 times a week leh..sign now hor, so tired. also tink c-sec cannot go jogging so fast leh..the wound tinggy....

wow ginger, that is very expensive leh...hmmhmm furthermore, when baby sleeps, they do not have much to do oso leh...

hi jomomm, the maid tinggy is that hard to manage and sometimes they do not look as innocent as they are. of cos benefit of doubt given to some geniune ones. jus tat mi and hubby not used to having an additional person at home. lack of privacy leh..of cos maid will be good help to do all the household chores and cleaning and sterilising all the bottles and washing baby clothes.....

cyn, i oso lie down oso painful for my back. jomomm, think we better take good care of our back and drink some pu yao jing. my sis in law say as long as within the next two hours din give baby breastfeed is okie, so i might start soon to take some pu yao jing and use some ko yok also lor...bei tahan liao ...my hubby say jus buy a diaper staion.

hi ginger, not all infant care centres meet the bill. yeah so have to be very careful in choosing the right one.

hi moi, pet pet is having promotion at NTUC for size S.

ladies, pampers for size S oso got promotion at NTUC now. 2 for $ 28 plus. yeah my gal now having pimples on her face and tat dae when i ask dr cheng, he say is milia. which will go away soon.

mi bought Baby seba med facial cream for her and also use avent magic cream to keep her face mostuirise lor...yeah hope all these pimples will go away soon. any other way to deal with these pimples huh? spreading to behind her ears now. i clean her with warm boiled water and jus now clean again cos weather is hot before putting on the mositurier lor....

jomomm, actually my wrists don't hurt anymore but my right fingers are still numb so I'll check out a TCM physician if the numbness doesn't go away...

Moi, my boy doesn't always poop at night. Even if he does, he doesn't really wake up, so usually we can stretch a Pampers through the night. Huggies is good also but it's hard to tell when the diaper is wet cos the urine indicator is not very obvious. I tried Drypers but found that they are not as absorbent and leak, so not good for overnight use. Cutting is smaller than Pampers also.

For your info and reference: http://www.babycenter.com.sg/baby/buyingforbaby/nappies/singapore-top-10-diapers/

Sunbelle, PetPet's promo is only for size S?

Hi Nattan,

The offer for pet pet is for size S only. yeah mi looking out for all other diapers deals. At first I tot I only mi find Huggies urine indicator not obvious cos the indicator is the disappearance of stars..mi n hubby always seeing where are the stars haha
happy.gif

Nattan, realised I missed ur previous post. How do u bond with ur baby during latching? I only talk to him a bit coz he is always dozing off while latching on.

So I'm not the only one who finds Huggies not user friendly..have difficulties finding the stars too. Was using pampers previously,so much easier to see..

Back