(2011/11) Nov 2011

Esther, i try watching the food show last nite by (li Teng & Ponsak). Got one sence on how they catch the string ray. I immediately turn off. Baby also dun want see. Haha.. Look like bb n me belongs to the small courage type. LOL

Stretch Marks:

I finally believe it belongs to the genes. Hehe.. Lucky my mum dun have much and i also dun have (hopefully) since i already hit my 35weeks. It will not come liao right? I also dun have swollen feet & hands. Hope it keep it this way till birth!

Nursery Room:

Me & hubby just put up the wall decal for my princess. Now left to get my cot bed sheet & pillow. Does baby need pillow? I only got bean pillow which used to cover her tummy. The head need pillow?

Sophia, I just catch cold yesterday. Try not to take medicine but got it ease by having slight massage on my face (i press on my jaw which have some nerve link to my head). It got better and i quickly go sleep. Then tis morning wake up, ok liao.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Lastly, My MINI is 35 weeks! 5 more weeks!!

I plan to watch Dun be afraid of the dark this weekend .. hehehh..

My stretch marks onli pop out 1 months ago.. i not sure if u slim down stretch marks will appear anot..

mine is 32 weeks 51 days more to go ...

i hear fr those 'old' ppl saying actually bb dun need pillow they jus need bean pillow but i already bought the whole set..

do all experience going toilet more x ..now at nite i went min 4x .. den my bb keep kicking non stop .. she seems super hyper active (dun need to slp type)..

ssbaby,

wah you are so lucky! No stretch mark, no swollen feet and hands. I got all these in my 3rd tri. And I also believe it belongs to the genes. My feet even easily get sweat nowadays. I hate it!

I got a Latex baby pillow from my friend. it is almost brand new but I found it got certain rubber smell from the pillow and I went to check online it says it is common to have rubber smell for latex product. so i think I will not let my newborn to have pillow so fast. anyone also got the babysafe brand latex pillow?

pillows

better not to have coz research have shown that they can suffocate the child. I only have a beannie for the stomach. My twins had it all the way until they were able to turn on their own. Beannies are good as they give the child a sense of security as well. I also will wrap my child with a swaddle.If you wrap tight and snug, child will also sleep better as it gives the warm and snug feeling of still being in the womb. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi Zanissa,

For cord blood donation, you may either mail to [email protected] or call 6394-5011. They will arrange appointment with you. Before that, they will ask you some simple question to make sure that you are alright to be the donator.

Later will need us to answer some more details question, mostly related to our family medical history then sign a consent on the appointment date.

You may refer to their website too.

http://www.scbb.com.sg/homepage.asp

Esther, i belong to the timid group. Haha.. No scary movie for me even b4 preg. Lol

Stretch Mark, I hope it wun come out nor come after i give birth. I nvr apply any stretch mark cream after 3rd mth due to rashes. So Pray hard, else very ugly.

Pillows, i heard about the suffocation stuff. Will put bb on the pillow which i got from my fren (see picture) at nite or when i am away to prevent her from turning and suffocating (touch wood). Other than that, will just let her sleep and turn and i take note. I also got a swaddleme as well. Will wrap her around so she feel safe & comfy! hehe

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/6089500.jpg]

evelyn,

I have a boy and a girl (twins). This time I'm expecting a girl. Actually thought will stop at the twins since it took me about 6 years to conceive them and through IVF. So, no. 3 is a real surprise.

Sophia,

Wah, congrats.. Sob, no 3 is another gift from heaven/god.. Think with twins must be not easy to take care, you are more experience now [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]~

Shjean, I intend to buy the Baby Safe latex pillow, for newborn de... in themiddle is sunk in tyoe... U have that?? No good???

ssbaby,

Hey, this pillow looks good and cute. do you know where can get it?

Sophia,

wah. you got twins and somemore is boy and girl.so perfect!

Hi Fynn,

I heard the latex pillow is good to keep nice head shape also. but i just found mine got the rubber smell. I suggest you go to the store and ask them or if they can open it and let you smell.

I check online latex material does have such smell OR I am thinking it is becasue my friend has been keeping it in the store room.

I just had lunch and back to office. suddenly feel very sleepy and tired...I wish can go home now to nap.btw, just to ask if any of your company give your 6 days childcare leave for this year or prorated? anyone knows if we still can take childcare leave this year together with the maternity leave?

ssbabyss

where can i purchase that..

shjean

my co is more flexi. he say i will havr to clear my ML 1st den Childcare leave but total i will tk 42 days. I not sure how it going to be done.. Still waiting for his email..

sophia

so envy that u have twins(boy & gal).. I jus plan for 2 .. this one is gal hope next one is boy den can close factory le..

i oso very sleepy .. i can feel my bb actively moving today since morning..

so yr experience leg cramb easily.. these few nite my leg got cramp..super pain .. i got put extra pillow to hold up my feet but still no use.. anyway to stop thr cramp

Hi Shjean, yes i am feeling very sleepy and kept yawning .. =(

My company allows me to take CCL (for 2011) if i have completed 8 weeks of my ML (continously) 1st and it is still within 2011 by then. That is why I am starting my ML on 24 Oct till 18 Dec (8 weeks) and taking the 6 days of CCL from 19 to 27 Dec. Becos I wanted to continue with the rest of my ML (40 working days of ML, i.e. ,2 mths x 20 working days instead of calendar days), i have to go back work to break the leave for 1 day on 28 dec. In this way, i will maximise my ML and CCL. Sounds confusing to you =pp U gotta chk w ur company on the policy...

Hi Felixp and Esther,

Thanks for sharing your information on CL. I just emailed to my HR and ask how can I apply in the case I am taking the 16 week continously.

Leg cramp

if it happens, quickly do the stretch exercise and it will help. I will try to remember to do the stretch exercise every night before going to sleep and I think it helps to reduce the cramp.

Little bb,

So good. now I cannot wear any of my rings...And I have been wearing fipflop for almost 3 months...boring...haha

Yah I also have this dark line down from my belly button! My hubby keeps laughing at me for that. Shall tell him that's common hmmmpphhh...

I now believe stretch marks are due to genes, me diligently apply every day also have, luckily on my butt not anywhere else. But I do notice that my lower tummy is redder than the upper part, maybe cos all the blood vessels concentrating downwards?? Weird....

Post-natal massage

I engaged a malay lady from friends' recommendation, think quite cheap. Hopefully she is good, wanna quickly lose all my excess weight after delivering. Just weighed myself and have gained 12kg! I have limited clothes to wear now.

No water retention for me so far, *cross fingers* I find myself lumbering around like a fat elephant nowadays, clumsy and slow haha...

Cyn, ur hubby so funny. The only thing i find cute now on my body is my belly button, haha. I do not have alot of stretch marks (32 wks gg to 33) but some at my lower tummy too but I have tons of fat... =((

I dun have water retention on my hands, can still wear and take off my ring (btw, we need take off our rings during delivery?) but my feet is abit swollen although i can still wear my flatties which i wore since the beginning of my preggie.

Does some of you mommies felt lesser bb's movement ... my bb is still kicking but i felt to a lesser extent ... shld be the space getting > cramp for her liao =)

The weather is turning cooler already. I hope by the time we are in confinement, we wont feel so hot...

Shijean/Esther, its my fren's website. $9.90 only. http://www.*********/

Mrs Chong, i not wearing my ring anymore, i worry later go birth, cannot take out.. I just pray that after birth, fats will go away... n slim down (slimmer than before pregnacny) LOL

Hi,

I am selling away my breastpump.

It is a Hygeia Enjoye Bundle with the Hands-free set sold by mumsfairy.

http://www.mumsfairy.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=25&Itemid=31&productid=137

Retail price is $650, selling at only $500.

Only used 1 month, about 5 times. Condition is 9.8 / 10

This pump has many good reviews. It can be found at http://www.mumsfairy.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=15&Itemid=30

Please sms me at 92980177 if you are interested.

Thanks.

My hubby laugh at mi cos i got no belly button.. it gone when i preggy .. i still wearing my wedding ring but when i remove there is a marking.. i think my fingers have gone fat ..

i dun have water retention yet.

I have 3 months to slim cos i am holding my chinese wedding next yr may..

Hi Eileen,

i THINK its $180 for either 5 or 6 sessions. I booked her so long ago that i forgot the actual price :p That reminds me, i should probably call her up again to confirm....

Group B Strep Test:

I will be going for my swab test next week around week 35 then.

Cordblood Donation:

I will be donating my cordblood for this pregnancy as well. I just told my gynae i want to donate my cordblood and she gave me a number to call. I met up with a rep from Spore cordblood bank at my gynae clinic to answer a string of health questions and then to sign the documents for donation.

Twink - Bedroom Slippers:

I am using Naraya bedroom slippers. USed it for my first preg n then i kept it away as i do not have a habit of using bedroom slippers. Now it's time to bring them out to use again.

Shjean - MAlay Massage

The malay Jamu Massage is a must for me cos i believe it does help me get back to shape. The massage also help to clear the blood clots in my womb and best is to clear my blocked ducts so it's gets my milk flowing smoothly again. Keke.

I have engaged my massgae lady for a 7 days session. : )

ssbaby- Stretch marks

Yup i think it should be due to genes. I also dun have any stretch marks on my tummy. But i got cellulites... sadness...

cynn-Your massage is cheap.Even 5 session for $180 is consider cheap.I do think malay massage is a must for me too.I had confirmed with my massage lady for 10session.

Babyzel-I am using naraya slippers as well,same same..What is this group B strep test about?Any idea which week onwards we need to see our gynae on a weekly basis?

Can check with mummies, not necessary to buy pillow for newborn right? Also, sleep positioners also not necessary? As I read online, both will have the risk of SIDS.. =(

Fynn

I'm not buying any pillows or bolsters for my baby cos worry about suffocation if not careful. Will be keeping her cot clear of such bedding stuff for the time being.

Maybe experienced mummies here can advise?

Q: will Malay massage affect breastfeeding?

Mummies, anyone knows if the massage will affect out breastfeeding? As I know the message will need a lot of scented oil

Esther,

Group strep B test is usually done at week 35-37. I think it's better to test if you are delivering naturally. It's to make sure we don't carry the bacteria In our vagina which may pass on to our baby during labour n birth.

Malay massage,

I'm paying $50 for 1-1.5hr. The time is variable as it depends on our body size.

Blessbaby,

Okie, I will PM u the contact.

massage: On the contrary,if the massage lady is good not only will she help to get rid of the wind, the blocked ducts will also be cleared.[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

my twins: I thank god everyday for the gifts he has given to me after all that trying.After no 3 I confirm will close shop. Thinking of going on to using the pills. Need to speak to gynae about when I start going on to using it and it's consequences.

Morning mummies, suddenly feel like going for buffet. Haha. Any recommendation? And recently likes to eat sweet stuff like kaya toast , por luo bun ...

hi ladies! I also don have stretchmark (yet) and no swelling on fingers n ankles. BUt feel v heavy when walking.

SHJEAN - i also feel like taking buffet...was bio-ing the one at Todai (MBS) but cannot take sashimi etc now so not sure if it is a waste.

Babyzel,

can u pm the contact oso.

I saw a package 7 sessions at $588 include 1 free facial + 1 free baby massage .. dun know gd anot, so i going for the trial at $38.

Morning! Its thurs! Wee~

Little one: Ya.. feel heavy.. sometime "carrying" ur tummy with hand (like carrying a watermelon) do help to ease the weight a little. My right back aches alot. Prob because my slight slip disc is "doing it work" now. Lol.

Best, today took the NTU-Pionner bus. Guess what! Not a single person give up seat to me. Only stare or not touch his gf hands (although i stand beside him). Then later few stops, got more children (age3-4) came up, already no handle to hold, they can only hold on to their mum and mum isn't holding anything, n yet, no one give seat to them. EVIL.

Hello mummies. New here with Edd on 8th nov. Which is soooon. Scary and jittery yet excited to end the whole pregnancy and see baby [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]) heh

The end is getting damn tiring and irritating. Everyone says we'll miss the good ol pregnancy days but honestly other than maybe having a easier time at work I don't think I'll miss baby inside.

I'm actually considering to go for csect on my pator anniversary to tarke her out and by then she should be 37 weeks. Is it a good idea!! My Edd is on 8th nov and I'm not sure if it's gonna be a better date than my anniversary. (we calculated for the day of my anniversary). Plus of baby comes out on anniversary, my ml can be well planned. Hahaha.. Making full use of all my days to spend with family.. Hehe.

Is there anyway we can induce without medical reasons on week 37?! Or should i just go for csect?! Im scared of the operation yet also afraid to induce cos it's not 100% successful then we'll end up with a huge medical bill. How?! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif](

Btw hope everyone has prepared everything. ;P

Hi ssbabay, after my pregnancy, I will make sure I give up seats to pregnant woman in future... Coz its dangerous and so tiring for them.. Have met a few times when Im on the train and the priority seat is taken by an elderly.. So definitely I don't expect them to give up seats for me (although some would but I decline). However what Im "amazed" is that those that are not seated at the priority seat have no intention of giving up their seats..

Anywa back to work ater my 3 days MC.. Blue.. On leave tom but might cancel coz resting too many days already.. Oh ya, do you all feel more breathless lately? I do feel so and I hate the feeling.. Makes me feel weak..

No one give up seats for me also, my experience esp on the trains is they only stare and stare. Like hello!! it's so obvious i'm not fat ok....

Top 3 categories of pple on my list who do not give up seats:

1) Aunties - those middle aged ones who rush into trains and knock everyone else over.

2) Uncles - dunno why they usually very sleepy

3) Teenagers - oblivious to everyone else except their iphones

I had to give up my seat to a frail old man once cos everyone else on the bus act blur. My goodness... Anyway, I take cab almost everywhere now since my workplace is close to home. Nowadays really dun hv the energy to jostle with the crowd [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Hi mummies,

I'm also getting tired easily.. The worst part is, I'm sick now.. Having a bad cough and flu.. Going to GP now to take some medication..

Sad to say that ppl in Singapore are generally not gracious..

I seldom see ppl give up seats to those who need..

I nearly fainted just now while staying in the train..

Sad rite...

Anyway, tml is my gynae appt.. My EDD IS 1st nov but I have decided to induce on 18oct.. Hoping that bb can tahan in my stomach until Tat day..

ssbaby, u have slipped disc ah -- Pls take care!

Qien, welcome and advance congrats on ur delivery! Have u discussed w ur gynae on ur plans? If ur gynae has no concerns shld be okay. =) Hmm.. so far I have 2 friends who were induced successfully. Maybe ur gynae will be in a better position to advise.

I will definitely miss the days my bb is still inside my tummy le, despite the fatigue, cramps, etc.... I love the feeling of her kicking and playing inside my tummy and the days when my hubby will put his hands or head on my tummy trying to feel/hear her movements.. When its raining heavily with thunder, I sorta of like relieved that she is warmly inside my tummy and not 'braving' the rain/ thunder.. Also, i like caressing my watermelon tummy knowing that she is guai guai inside... lolxxx...

Nonetheless, I oso look forward to the day i will finally see her =pp .. another 7 weeks for me... and another 3 weeks to my ML... counting down =p

Yes, Rebeana and Cyn, the worst are the youngsters! They wore earphones and kept playing their iphones, acting that they cant see us infront of them. Ironically, they are the most educated compared to the aunties and uncles. We will all definitely offer our seats to any preggie ladies in future, regardless of whether we are at the priority seats.

Jojo, just wondering why u wanna induce instead of waiting for the contractions to occur naturally ... not that i am kpo, as i am a 1st time mommy, so just wondering =pp

Hi mommies

Updates:

Just went for gynae and detailed scan yesterday. No good news in fact. Bb is not growing or gaining the ideal wt, now @ 1.5kg @ wk 32. He she be heavier than this, think my girl heavier than him. Initially bb is longer and heavier than my 1st girl now reverse. Gynae and the head of scan centre wants me to do another detailed scan 2 wks again and determine if i can stay in tmc to deliver. Most prob this bb wd come out @wk 36 or anytime from now if i bleed. My girl was born 2.7kg @ wk 36 which is considered early due to complications as well. This bb worst than her, prob at most 2.2kg on delivery. Amnio fluid is also getting little. Last time my girl was taken out becoz of low amnio fluid as well. I look so tall and big but seems like all my bb are all born smaller and with complications. Now i think i need to bed rest more as i did too much tidying, packing and cleaning of my flat when i returned to stay at my flat since last month. Could be the reason. Placenta continue to be low and covering my fibroid and touching cervix. So this confirmed wd be a more riskier birth than my 1st bb and affecting the growth of my bb. Now I'm being given aspirin to help circulate blood flow to placenta to grow bb for 2 weeks. Hopefully once he is of ok wt, i can do w/o aspirin as once i do csec with ga, need to stop aspirin for a wk in case bleed nonstop and cannot clot prob. Hb says maybe we shd just go to kkh instead but i scare the gynae only sees me like 1 or 2 times than csec me and wonder if he will handle my case prob.So I'm looking to deliver by end oct or early nov instead of 23 nov via csec ga. Cannt do epi though i wd like to as i was on ga on my 1st. If bb is below wt of 2kg must stay in neonatal care till he is of ok weight and developing well. Crossing fingers and praying hard for things to be smoothly. Till then update again and i wd be forcing myself to lay on bed on afternoon once girl go preschool. Wd still come in to read the threads and hope everybody is doing ok and do rest well in 2rd trimester.

Jiayou

Hi Simp, very sad to hear abt ur bb and ur previous experience. But u must not be disheartened k. Be positive, ur boi may be okay by the next scan in 2 weeks' time and everything will turn out fine. Meanwhile, pls do rest well and dun over exert urself again. =pp

fynn,

same same.i duno how to start packing. these few days keep raining duno how to start washing clothes.hope it stop raining over the weekend.

i'm tinking of washing few clothes first->then cloth napkins->bedsheets,pillows bolster etc.

i wonder if we can throw pillow and bolster in washing machine to wash.

babyzel,little_bb,

where u get the naraya slippers? is it expensive?

qien baby,

i have heard ppl induce at wk 37 cuz cannot stand the baby kicks. hee.. but i guess its individual choice maybe hear what the doc say. if doc advise okie then it should be fine.

felixp,

I also love the feeling of her squirming ard in my tummy and knowing that she is safe inside. sometimes i get so frustrated when she kick too much and want her to stop. but when she doesnt kick i get worried and wondering why she didnt kick. hee..

giving up seats,

its true nowadays ppl seldom give up seats. i only started getting more seats when my tummy gets bigger. perhaps these ppl have not been thru pregnancy so not sure what it is like. i find mostly those that give up seats for me are mid 30-40 ladies.

jojo,

do take care. i was also down with flu last week and recovering now. u took EW mrt line? i find the passengers travelling on this line dont give up seats one.duno why... ya..why did u want to induce and not wait?

simp,

sorrie to hear abt ur bb, hopefully all will be fine soon. do rest more and hope ur bb weight goes up soon! jia you! take care!

Back