(2011/11) Nov 2011

Littlebb, my rash is not whole day, only last nite started to get super duper itchy, now *touchwood* still ok, dunno nite time will come back or not. Yes i'll try the babyplus tonite and see how, if still uncomfortable i think i will not use it which i spent so much and waited so long for it hahaha

My gynae has no package so i pay everytime i go there

Little bb,

My doc prescribed me Dhasedyl for cough. It's very useful. The gynae also prescribed me a few medication for cough, but I'm quite comfortable with the doc's prescription unless I used finish his medication.

Where do u live? The doc I see is in Hougang. According to my husband, he is quite well known & many patients see him. For my bb, I let him see the peditrition. Chinese medication normally will take longer time to recover & I believe Eu Ren Seng quite ex.

If your cough really bothers you, u should try to see other better doctor. If it is not really that bad, then no choice..... coz I'm already happy that the cough wasn't as bad as last time. Both doc & gynae said preggy immune system is weaker so tend to get virus easily. Coz our immune system has passed to our new born.

Shirley- Currenly i am also taking Dhasedyl for cough but i only took at night before sleep..The doctor you seen is a chinese sinseh or GP? I live in tiong baru but i can travel to hougang.Did your gynae or GP told you what causes the cough? For me,my gynae told me is sinusitis and gastric reflux thats why till now still havent recover.I was thinking that if its really what my gynae said,cough syrup will not actually heal my cough.

ent29, ya lor i also got infection. i tink difficult to prevent esp in sg weather. its so hot and humid.i realise my underwear will be abit damp frm sweat after walking out in the sun to have lunch. if ur discharge bothers u maybe u can ask ur doc again to check there nxt time u there? altho i dun if got additional costs or not.

janice, i tink i have been too heaty also. seriously duno why tis time eat curry chicken have cramps..past few times no such problem.eating too much and weather too heaty also bah.

maybe u can try holding on to the babyplus and not letting it rest on ur tummy directly.i also felt alittle bit uncomfortable using in the beginning. did u strap on too tight?

shirley, yes eu yan seng is EX! $60 for consultaion and 7 days medication. i duno where else to go so just try again since i got cured the first time round...

janice, do try afew more times.. if not like wasted leh..try putting it at the very bottom of ur abdomnial while sitting up. directly maybe too loud ur baby cant get use to it so was twisting here and there getting excited in ur tummy.[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

twink, i didn't strap it very tight, i juz let it rest on my lower tummy. Ya i find it wasted if i stop using. I'll try a few more times and monitor first [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Little bb,

The doc I see is a GP. Weird. The cough syrup actually works for me, but I also ate together with the pills for the throat called the Lettose. Just wake up now to eat one for the nose now. It's normal for cough to worsen at night Coz when we sleep, the mucus of the nose flows to our throat hence irritate our mouth hence causes us to cough. When we almost recover, then hit by another virus, we may even take longer time to recover.

twink,

It is good tat u were cured by Eu Ren Seng 1st time round. Coz dunno how many times to see then can recover for Chinese medication. They never give the prescription? If 1st time round works, y don't take the prescription to medical hall & just get medication?

Little_one,

The address for the GP:

KP Tan Medical Clinic

Blk 811, Hougang Central, # 01-192

Tel: 6382 3673

The medication does works better to me than other GP.

Little bb,

Oh yah... The other time I also try out my gynea prescription... He not only prescribe Dhasedyl cough syrup, he also gave other prescription which can be found in any pharmacy... They r :

Duro-Tuss (Chesty Cough Liquid)

Sinupret

Zyrtec

These 3 won't cause drowsiness, so tat time I think I also ate in daytime.

Hi mummies,

I just came back from my Melacca short trip, only manage come in and browse the thread today, and hear the good news from berrypie, really happy for you and your baby..Take care and hope the result of aminio is good as well. Thks the blessing from god [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]~

Janice, I use the coconut stretchmark cream on my last pregnancy. also cause itchiness for my tummy. Stop using it and the itchiness is gone. Just trial and error and see how bah, else can consult from your gynae.

Evelyn, Yep i had stop applying olive oil last nite and this morning and will see how. The itch will come in the evening after bath and i'm already using the soap that skin doc gave me. I'm going to see him tmr and hope he can do something for me cos my whole tummy full of rashes and it's spread to the back

Hi Janice

I have those rashes too and I can totally understnd how you feel.. The itch is crazy and you really want to scratch it but please don't! Coz it leaves scars on your tummy really easily..

My aunt told me its due to the clothes we wear, especially those with rubber.. Honestly I don't believe it but I don't know, that's what she said (and experienced as well).

Shirely- I had also finished a bottle of Duro-Tuss but still it doesnt works for me..Think my cough is not so simple,had took many medicines but still wont recover.My gynae told me that he had given me all the necessary medicines.Think i will have to wait untill sept to see ENT.My worst nightmare,heard they will insert a pipe in the throat to whats wrong.

Shirley-I will consider to see the GP at hougang if my cough getting worst.Thank you so much [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Rebeana, haha I try my best not to scratch but really can't stand it. I try to wear cotton clothings. So we shd avoid rubber clothings? Tmr I'll see wat the skin doc say

shirley, eu ren sheng dun give prescription one. i think most tcm wont give prescription unless u are taking the medicine on long term?see tcm have to be patient sometimes takes longer to heal cuz gentler to body.

Little BB, try to reduce chicken,fried,spicy,cold drinks and fruits. although i did not really follow strictly when the sinseh told me to hee.. duno if chicken is really the culprit.

Twink-For months i did not took any chicken,cold drinks,spicy & fried food.For fruits i only take apple,papaya,dragon fruit.I drank lots of water too.Haiz...

Hi Mummies,

I m at 23rd week. Have order babyplus at eBay on 3 Jul, haven't not received it yet. Have email to check, it stated may take up to 60 days to deliver. I m already late for 5 weeks for the program.Anyone know where can I rent one temporary..hai

Jasmine-I have no idea where can rent.How come yours take so long to arrive? I ordered from ebay,i think i received it in less than a week.Have to email and complain to the supplier and ebay as well.

Dear all, I got coughing during my first two months and I used to see Chinese doctor. It works on me. But I know not everyone can accept Chinese medicine. For me I trust the one I used to visit. If anyone is willing to try, let me know. Some advice is when the cough / sore throat /ulcer just start, you can use salt water every morning n night. Wish everyone good health!!!

Hi Little bb,

Urs is fast. At first I thought will b fast ordering from eBay. I order from USA buyer n was send by standard international mail. Think is normal mail so take longer times..

Feel so anxious to start the program fast as the days go week by week..hai

little bb, gosh ur cough is really taking long time to heal. really hope ur cough go away soon.must be really tiring to keep coughing.can pregnant ladies able to take white fungus soup? tis is suppose to nourish the lungs. u cough so long i tink it would be good to have some? which reminds me i also want to make. my throat very dry and sore cuz of the weather.

jasmine, 2mths is quite long wait.but dun worry still can play in time. just that the duration of play for each lesson will shorten. meanwhile just try to play music to ur bb.

little bb,

hope your cough gets better! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] can try white fungus like what twink mentioned. add 'nan xing bei xing' as well. may help you somewhat. if you stay in the west, i can recommend you a very good TCM doc. he is a very well-known sinseh in singapore and my family always go to him for chronic coughs, aches, migraines etc. works better than the normal drugs GPs give. he treats pregnant women and kids too.

jasmine,

it's still ok to start late. just talk/read books aloud to baby? and play some music. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Mummies with cough

Hope u can recover real soon as it is very tiring and unbearable. These days cough are so much more tougher to recover. They are really very stubborn.

BBplus

I try to play once a day but at times i do skip on days. My bb doesn really respond alot.

But this week, i went to watch transformers 3d with hb on wkday, my bb keep moving. Dun know if the loud sound scared him. I think he is uncomfortable hearing sudden loud noise for a few hours.

My eyes also went red watching 3d shows. LAst time i watched avatar, i had migraine. I hope soon we no longer need nay 3d glasses to watch 3d show

twink,starry-I tried white fungus dessert but not much improvement.I had tried nan xing bei xing with mint leaves and wu hua guo but still wont recover.Very stubborn cough!

Starry-Can i have the contact for the famous sinseh you recommend? This few days my cough still under control.if it gets worst i will consider to switch chinese medicines.

Little bb,

Have you tried Eu Yan Seng cordyceps Pi Pa Gao, cannot just drink with this medi, think need times and with other medi together, may able to helps a bit. I have flu and cough about a month, I do use the pi pa gao from Eu Yan Seng lor..

Then have more rest and plenty of water, if possbile on leave and rest at home. Doctor do advice take less fruits and fresh milk, fruit juice, it will develop with phlegm.

Little Bb,

Yes, just take a spoonful. No special for e method, just when too serious just take pi pa gau may not so effective. Somehow I will take western medi n pi pa gau, when better n throat itcy will take pi pa gau only ..

Dear All,

Hows ur weekend? for those mummies who had cough are getting much better now.

These two days, I started having heart burn problem but I did not eat a lot for a meal. I am now 24 weeks and my mum told me its normal and it might be getting worse later on. I hate the feeling. Anyone encountered the same problem? Any suggestion to deal with it?

Maternity / Childcare / Infant care Leave

Dear All,

I am 1st time mum and would like to seek your advice on those leaves.

For maternity leave, will it be counted as working days or calendar days? I heard from some of my friends the first 8 weeks will be calendar days and the rest will be working days ( means we will still be entitled for the weekends and public holidays). is it true?

As my due date is in Nov, any idea if I will be entitled for 6 days childcare leave?

Infant care leave is new to me, but I think it is un-paid leave.

Thank you very much

Hi shjean, i had heartburn few wks ago due to eating too full and too spicy food. try not to eat too spicy and eat slowly. hope that helps. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

maternity leave:

I am 1st time mum too. So far my understanding from HR is the first 8weeks is calendar days-56 days. The other 8 weeks you may consider taking continuous or non-continuous. If continous then add 56days. (which also include wkends and holidays)

If non continous, it will be working days(exclude wkends and holidays)u apply as and when you need within the 12mths of confinement year

I believe you are entitle childcare/infant care leave but then i'm sure ur boss will ask u to take ur non-continuous maternity leave instead if u still have 8weeks balance.

Hi Mommies

Good morning to all of u. Hope this week everybody will be getting better for those who are not well and those a smooth week too.

Maternity Leave

Shjean, why dun u check w ur hr to be sure on ur rights to maternity leave (ML)? The last 8 weeks after ur return to work is flexible before bb turns 1 yo. Max days to utilise for last 8 wks of working days up to 48 days.

Important to highlight is mutual agreement between company and u hence u need to check the practice of ur company. The company also needs to file with mom within a period of time on their claim on ML as the cost is partially cover between company and government. The ones i know are usually taken in block leave of weeks instead of indvd days of week?

Sharing of info on the utilisation of last 8 wks of ML from 2nd time moms?

"See MOM' guidelines and ruling:

Entitlement under Child Development Co-Savings Act

An eligible employee is entitled to absent herself from work four weeks immediately before and 12 weeks immediately after delivery, totalling 16 weeks.

Where there is a mutual agreement with her employer, an employee can take the last eight weeks (9th to 16th week) of maternity leave flexibly over a 12-month period from the child's birth. The number of days of maternity leave that can be taken flexibly is equivalent to eight weeks' worth of working days, up to a maximum of 48 days."

Childcare leave depends on ur company' practice of use calendar days or anniversary year. If calendar days that means ur bb born on 1 nov is entitled to 6 days. If it' anniversary yr, then between 1.11.11 to 31.10.12, childcare leave is pro-rated.I think most company use calendar days.

Infant care leave is 6 days of unpaid leave per year before child is 2yo regardless of # of child u have in a household. So if u have twins, u only still have 6 days of infant care unpaid leave eligible per year. This is an extension of goodwill for parents with needs to care for bb by mom to companies.

The above only apply to confirmed staff, singaporean bb and ftw married mothers only. Otherwise guideline wd be different.

Not sure if u r clearer or more confused. Best is to check w company/hr on practice/policy as mom gives discretion to company on flexibility to fulfill benefits to mothers.

Hope the above is clear for all mothers and anybody doing admin work [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Morning everybody,

Just back from the Bangkok Trip. It seems like everything is quite rush especially carrying a baby around. Wish could stay for 1 more day as I didn't know that the time that we choose is those odd timings.... So even if it is like a 4 days trip, it's like a 2 days trip for me (minus off the arrival & departure time in Bangkok). Plus we choose a hotel that is quite far so, needs time to travel.

Couldn't find so many cheap infant stuffs to buy for the newborn, so didn't really buy much. Bought more for my boy instead. Probably everything is too rush also.

twink,

Probably long time never go to see Chinese sinseh, hence forgot whether they actually give prescription. The only one that I see for a longer period is when I went to Thong Chai to TTC that time. But Thong Chai is free medication, needs a lot of patience to wait. Some ppl doesn't want the free medication, so got the prescription and go Chinatown some Chinese medical hall to buy the medicine.

I guess if the cough really takes a long time to heal and you have more spare time, u can try out Thong Chai. They should have other doctors that can treat that. But really a very long wait.... Coz u are also waiting with a lot of elderly ppl....

Little bb,

That is very bad if they really have to insert a pipe in the throat. Anyway, if I were you, I will try to seek all kinds of treatment or remedy or eat or drink anything to try to feel better. Btw, also try to avoid yourself from crowded places or shun urself away from someone who is not feeling well. Pregnant woman tends to get all sorts of virus easily when immune system is weak.

Hi Twink and Simp,

Thank you very much for your detail infomation. My company HR personnel keeps changing so I just want to know more first before discussing with them. I think I will take the continuous leave. how about you all?

Have a nice day!

Hi SHJEAN,

Think I will need to check with my HR for the remaining 8 wks, as dun noe how they count, suppose similar as what simp posted. Due to my job function, not easily to find part time to replace my job during my ML, I may consider to take 3 mths and left with 4 wks to clear when I back to office.

Hope my collegue won't be suffer too long when I'm not around.

If have choice, I may choose to cont clear the 4 mths ML then back to office.. haha.. then can be after CNY of next year ma..

Hi Evelyn,

Sometimes really duno if should take continuous leave or leave some after that. Coz some of my friends told me once we back to work, it is very hard to arrange time to take leave. Maybe I will just leave 1 more week for later usage. If I do breastfeeding, I will think it is not so convenient in the office.

Another bad news for me is my company is going to shit to Mapletree business city at Pasir Panjang while I stay in the east. Not so sure if this so-called ECO building got any breast feeding room or not.

Hi hi how's everyone's weekends?

Anybody experience tummy pulling? Though I get it almost everyday but these 2 days very intensive, wondering is it normal

Hi shjean,

i will be taking continous for 4mths although abit lugi cuz alot of public holidays during this period. hee.. but still i tink it would be better if your company can accomodate as u get to spend more time with ur bb for the first few mths.

i also think it wont be easy to take leave after u come back frm maternity leave.. can always take annual leave or childcare leave/infant care leave once the maternity leave all use up.

Do check with ur HR to suggest for nursing room in the new building before u all shift easier to make space for a room rather than shift in then realise.

Janice,

had a good rest over the wekend ;) although wish it cld have been longer..2 days is just not enough. i do get that tummy pulling on and off sometimes but not everyday. perhaps its just cramps? as long as not whole day should be fine.

Hi Janice,

is your tummy pulling very frequent and how long will it last? I did have sometimes but not so frequent. I asked my doc, she said if it is very frequent then must go see the doc. But usually it is normal. When is your next visit? If it still happens like intensive and frequent, maybe you should ask your doc.

Shjean, yes these 2 days quite frequent n intensive. My next appt is thus coming thurs, dunno to wait till then or not

Hi Janice, do not worry too much first. Maybe you should call up your doctor first and see if he/she thinks you should go and see immediately.

Hi Twink,

Thanks for sharing and your kind advice. I do hope company can help to allocate a empty room for me otherwise might end up using toilet, which I really dun like...

For me, it depends if my mum is helping me to take care of my baby or not.. Mum is currently not working now but is planning to start work soon.. She don't mind helping me look after baby but the thing is, from now till after my materinity leave, it will mean that she will be jobless.. So its tough decision..

Im planning to take 3 months materity + 1 month leave if she really helps me with the baby.. reason being, I can take leave regularly for baby's checkup/rest or whatever not + during my absense, my coy will not be hiring any temp and Im worried about my job..

Anyway just went for my checkup ytd.. Doc say the pulling is fine so dont' worry Jancie.. UNLESS it seems to be pulling very frequently for the hour, than you got to go back to you doc..

Bad news.. initially wanted my grandma to help me with my confinement but she suddenly seems to have travel plans, which, i also wanted her to go.. Don't wanna tie her down with my stuff.. Now, im left with no confinement lady.. Sigh.. Who do you all look for? Makes me suddenly quite lost and worried..

Hi Mummies,

Thanks for all your prayers and concerns. All my tests are normal...so happy...

All mummies lets all Jia You together.

Little bb, glad u are better now... Can drink almond mik, it's help for the cough too.

Back