(2011/10) Oct 2011

Hi mummies

Can I know which center your babies are enrolled into? If not convenient to post here can pm me? I'm thinking of switching center so am looking for alternative. I love the arrangement of separating the younger/older babies, at least safer.

Hi Luv

I'm interested to join the FB group, can add me. Tks

Sweetsnow, yeah I want to have a 2nd bb but my hubby still not convinced. If he ok, I m thinking when my first bb turns 2 yrs old but have to start all over again. Abit xian at the thought. Haha! Also by then I'm 34 years old.

Hi Nnicole and Winny,

I am considering to try for 1 when baby is 6months old, but after reading the website I wonder if it's ok (coz the website say may be prone to premature babies).

I wanna try so soon coz (1) the siblings can get along better, (2) the zodiac is compatible with my family and (3) get over and done with so that I can concentrate on career thereafter.

Luv,

I've PM you to add me on FB.

Hi everyone

I'm a oct mummy too. But have been too shy to join in till now... Will try to open up more

Could I join the fb group too?

Sweetsnow

I jus pour hot water over my pump n didn't use any detergent.

Family planning

My hb prefers to have a smaller ard 2 yrs age gap betw my current BB n e next 1 as they've got playmate but i think Tat's too soon for me as I'm alr tired wif my current 1.. anyway I tell him gotta wait few yrs more thou I keep saying 1 is enough n c how it goes Haha!

sweetsnow: but when the siblings are too young, there tends to be alot of jealousy there? and it'll be super tough on you! if you are going to be the one taking care of them both. good luck with going back to the work force! :)

bubblygeekypig:HAHAHAH. yes, they suck up all our energy. u know, the first month, my husband said.." do u think we should try for a dragon girl now? we're both dragons. it will be good to hava enough dragon." i amost fainted.

HAHAH

Hi, I am an Oct mum and I am giving away my EBM because I have too many (almost three freezers full). Oldest milk is 22 December. I don't smoke, don't drink and not on meds except pre-natal vitamins and fish oil. My pumps, bottles and storage bags are BPA free and I sterilize my pumps before use. I live in the East. Heard that it is better if you baby is around my baby's age because as you know, the milk changes depending on the needs of the baby. Any takers, please PM me.

Nnicole

Wow u r so young! Yes my hb also ask e same thing but tat was 2 mths aft birth.. but i remind him abt jealousy cos u can alr c his nephew jealous wif my son if grandma carryy son! Dun think I can handle n his nephew alr 3 yrs old!

Nnicole

Wow u r so young! Yes my hb also ask e same thing but tat was 2 mths aft birth.. but i remind him abt jealousy cos u can alr c his nephew jealous wif my son if grandma carryy son! Dun think I can handle n his nephew alr 3 yrs old!

sweetsnow: i bring detergent to wash as i need to pump twice in office. i would be starting my 2nd 'preparation' end of this year, early next yr.. :p

cause m c-sec, so ve to wait at least 6 mths before getting preggy again, since it wld be a snake baby, i might as well breastfeed the 1st one till she one yr then start 2nd.

nnicolechua: u 24 or 36? if u are 36, think u sld start already cause the older u get, the lesser energy u ve.

Bubblygeekypig: Hahahahah. Yes but the men don't get it la! He still said... "okay what. It's you who wake up in r night. I wanted to smack him when he said so."

Rejoy 28: hahah. I'm only 24. So I think have a lot of energy left. Most importantly, I want to bring up this boy properly by giving him my full attention. Don't want to have to side track and be distracted by both!

Mummies

My first day back at work.

Stressful emotionally n physically.

My bb woke me up at 4.30am for his feed. I endednup dead tired as after feed i couldnt sleep so started getting ready for his trip to ifc n for work. So silly of me, i cried at ifc n then at work. Now lunch time, feel abit better but cant wait to get to ifc to fetch him.

I need some advice.

1. Can engorgement lead to dizziness? I brought my pump but no cooler bag. I was hoping to not pump at work,ie just feed in the morning then go home feed night. But jus now my breast quite full n i was dizzy so i pump out to throw.

2. When using bath gel to wash baby, how is it done? Currently i use lactycd, no need to rinse, i just a few drops in bath tub then wash him only. But i want to change to top to toe wash but it needs to be rinsed. Do i soap baby outside bath tub then putnhim in to wash? But the water will become soapy? Sondo i need to get ready another tub to rinse off soapy water? Sorry it sounds silly to ask now but i need some advice. Thank you.

Sweetsnow,

Good luck getting back to work. I felt sad too. But no choice. Like wat the rest of the muumies encouraged me, i here to encorage you. Today my first day. Felt very sad but now got better. Tomorrow should be better i hope, after a while willbe ok. No choice cos need the money so got to work. Jia you!

Sweetsnow,

Good luck getting back to work. I felt sad too. But no choice. Like wat the rest of the muumies encouraged me, i here to encorage you. Today my first day. Felt very sad but now got better. Tomorrow should be better i hope, after a while willbe ok. No choice cos need the money so got to work. Jia you!

Rejoy28,

Me old auntie. Haha. Near 40 n yes less energy. But when i with bb very hapy so usually will forget tiredness. Very grateful to finally have my own child despite my age. Wish to have more but guess not up to me to decide. They say as we age, chances of having a baby drop! I also want to spend some time with my bb before we try again but by then i will be way past 40, not sure if i should in view of health n also money. Everything relating to baby is expensive. I find it weird lor. They give us only 16 weeks of ML, but encourage us to breastfeed at least 6 months n thus no discount on FM below 6 months. But wat happens if we have no milk supply or at work cannot pump eg if i work in factory?? I stock up on FM on sat. Just 4 tins already near $200. That is so much tats why i thought try to feednbm in morning n nite to save money. Sigh.

Pofy,

Dun cry k. Let's both slowly learn to be away from our bb for work.

I dun think engorgement will lead to dizziness. Were u hungry? Lately, I will feel giddy or soft when I'm hungry. Maybe coz I'm still fbm, so need the nutrients. I hope my 2pid boss will give me time to pump at work n not give me too much stress. Meanwhile I'm looking for new job le.... I feel like going into early childhood teaching but I got no qualification on this.

Hi pofy, I'm going back to work this wed. Don't know if I'll cry. I think I'll be missing my bb.

Btw Im also using lactycd and I put like half capful. Haha!

I think top to toe need not rinse leh. Last time in hospital the nurse didn't mention that.

pofy: u dun ve fridge in office? cause if u ve, u can put in the fridge and bring it home and put back in the fridge again. dun ned a cooler bag.

you cant dun pump out in the day and juz feed morning n night, cause u wld get engorgement, if u keep ignoring ur engorgement, ur milk supply will drop and you wld nt be able to breastfeed, cause ur breast is telling ur brain that you do not need the milk, so stop producing.

i cried the first day i came to work, think tt is very normal..... till date i still cant bear to go to work in the morning but at least m nt tearing anymore.

a child is a God's gift... understand what u mean by forgetting tiredness when with ur baby... mi too.. no matter how sleep deprived you are, when u see your baby, u feel everything is worth it.

m using johnson n johnson top to toe, i would put into the water and i do not rinse cause the amount is very little, that is taught to me by the nurse in the hop. hope that helps.

nnicole: u are so young.... :0

pofy: dont worry, you will get used to it. it was like that for me when i first started work too!

i am using th pigeon one. no idea which one is it. but its a small bottle and not cheap =X ive been using that since birth and it is good cause it is not soapy therefore i normally just lather him with that then after that, ill just use the same water and clean him with a towel. but so far so good. and it has no fragrances, therefore it is not harmful on his skin. I tried switching to kodomo( no idea if it is spelt this way) but it was so soapy! i almost dropped him into the tub.

sweetsnow: yeah. early childhood need the qualifications and i heard that it is not easy at all!

rejoy28: Hahahah. yes. husband and i decided to start our family young as we both love kids.

nnicole, u r really young. When i was 22 i told myself i wana give birth at 24. But when i reach 24, i told myself another 2 years...so dragged until now...i'm 32 this yr. Kekeke...

nnicole - nope, he doesnt have cradle cap. He seems to be crying more often ever since he shave his hair. Even my mum also commented when i ask her to baby sit for me today. His cry is kind of different from the rest.Never hear this kind of cry before. Any mummies experience their bb change in mood after shaving? Seems like he is upset we shave his hair.

Notice he has been putting his hand into him mouth very often too. His mittens will become all wet. Wonder if he is teething. Is it too young?He is 3mths plus already. Any advise?

Hi mummies

Thanks for sending me all the infant center info!

Hi forever81

My son also 3+ mth has been putting his hand into his mouth very often these days, not only that, he also don't like to drink milk too. He used to drink every 3 hourly but now can extend to 7 hours. My mum suspect he's growing teeth.. My cousin's daughter also had her first teeth at 3+ mth so maybe got this possibility?

Novmummy - Yah! my mum also suspect he is growing teeth.Milk wise he also doesn't drink every 3 hrs already. He used to drink every 3 hrs during the day and night time every 4 to 5 hours. But recently day time he will streach to 4 hrs then ask for milk.

Winny: hahah. I think we just couldn't resist. Kids are so cute!

Foever81: hmm, maybe you observe? Think hes not used to it. Cause I did it when he was 1mth. Oh yes! My son does it all e time, so don't worry! It is perfectly normal I'm sure. He is attempting to stuff his whole fist in now!

My bb is 3 1/2 mths and she has been sucking for some time. I read that bb are learning all these while and now they have found their sense of touch so always suck their hand. My bb sucks when she's hungry, sleepy and bored. Soon they will grab anything and put in their mouth.

MILK

My bb drinks 4 hourly after he turned 3 mths and I think it's fine since her pd says her weight and height increase is sightly above average.

My bb is also 3.5 mths. She is also sucking n licking her hand n anything that we can grab... She is also putting things that she can get hold of in her mouth.

Milk: she is also not drinking much... She drinks abit of her milk and doesn't want to continue drinking.

Forever: u still letting ur bb wear mittens in the day n night? Maybe u can take out the mittens in the day? My daughter has nt been wearing mitten since she is ard 2 mths except for at night. The PD told me we sld take out the mitten by 3 mths do that she can learn the motor skill.

Yeah. Basically all of them do that. If u notice, they will stare at their hands and slowly move to the mouth. Cause they're discovering their hands now. And they're experimenting with it. And yes, they basically will want to eat everything!

As long as e weight is fine. No problem. My boy eats very 4 hourly(210ml) then at night sleeps for about 8 hours before waking up to eat in e morn.

And yes, don't wear mittens! Got to let them exercise their fingers. And the grasping motion

Pofy,

Severe engorgement will lead to dizziness..if keep going on like that..you will get infection..

this was what happened to me during my 1st week back at work..try not to drag too long to pump..

Don't worry..baby will usually adapt faster than us..true everything is so expensive now..last time my elder child drink similac $30 per tin..in 2007..now regardless what brand all priced above $40..

forever81,

Even if baby is really teething..it will take a while for the teeth to erupt..that's what my doc said when she saw my boy keep drooling during checkup..

I had my 1st at 23yr old..2nd at 28 yr old..never exactly plan when to have my 1st at..but has always plan to have my last before i turn 30 yr old..having kids and looking after kid can really make me feel so tired and old already..

Early childhood qualification

My Sil just completed her 2yr + teaching dip in early childhood..it's a full time course..they also offer allowance monthly during the course..

machiam like pay for your course and pay you to study..really good for those who are interested in this job..

Ya I still wear mittens for my son cos I scare he scratch himself.Once my mum took off his mittens n he scratch his eye very badly. I cut his nails but still feel its sharp. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

But I'm slowly taking off his mitten for him to touch n play.

Quizzer: that sounds like a really good deal. but in singapore, its quite hard to get it. like i tried applying once and they said that it was all full?

Forever81: yes, initially it will be that way i guess. but he will get better after awhile. u have to get him used to it. use Sebamed facial cream to apply on his face! it helps when my son was constantly scratching his face. and even till now, i apply it cause it makes his face really soft and smooth.

Thanks nnicole!

Today after bathi remove his mittens and he started sucking hs fingers.Now he even attemp to put his whole fist in.

Just a qns to ask (sound a bit silly ) - Do we have to constantly clean his hands after he sucks finish?

I'm starting work soon. Planning to buy new clothes.

But can't seem to fit in dresses cos always the top part can't fit. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Should I buy more nursing clothes since I intend to continue to bf. Will it be easier to pump in office?any advice from mummies that started work?

i would try to wipe bb fist and face when its gets totally soaked. bb saliva will cause rashes and bumps on his face.

mummies- have u heard of sleep training by Gina Ford, can share?

forever81: hahah. just get used to it. its mad funny when you see them trying so hard! well, yes. i will actually clean them. either with his hankercheif or the pigeon mouth and hands wipes. but dont bother cleaning it too often. its not much of a use. and sometimes, its better in a way. heard of the chinese saying that they cannot be too clean? i believe in that though my husband and in laws still think im "anally clean". I try not to clean so often. but when its really moist like after some time after sucking, clean it. it'll be better. i normally clean after he touches stuff.

forever81: hahahha. yes. and it always makes us look like we have a bell hidden underneath. and it makes me super sad! its tough to pump in e office but if u can, go for it! i gave up when i started working.

Gilera: what sleep training is tt?

wow. hahahaha. but i think it's a little too overboard for me though. he normally takes his last feed at 8 plus 9 then sleep all the way till 7am. i think can already. i dont dare to let him go too long without food for fear that he might lose weight. his 'kentucky thigh" is so huge and cute now, i cannot bear it if it grew smaller.

i heard abt it but i decided not to follow it as I would miss the interaction with my bb on weekdays when i go back to work.

My bb still wakes up in the middle of the night for milk but once only which i think is reasonable. I love carrying her and feeding her actually. Hahaha!!

Must treasure the times when they still willing to let you cuddle and carried. Heehee...

Forever81

I didn't buy much nursing wear cos i think it didn't look nice Haha! Anyway i jus lift up my top to.pump quick easy also..

I didn't clean his hands aft he suck cos I realise every now n then he'll jus put his hand in so next moment soak agn unless I find it v wet then I clean wif his handkerchief.

Hi mummies,

This is my second week of work.. Very tired as Bb kept waking up few times at night..she still cant sleep thru the night n always woke up crying for no reason . Have to climb up everytime to cuddle her or to let her sleep on top of me..

Now i only express my milk in morning and at night. Milk supply dropped by half!! Still contemplating whether to continue pumping or not since supply so little.

Btw, how much fm are u feeding yr Bb now? I m giving 150 ml fm to my 4 mths old Bb n unsure whether enough or not. She also takes long time to finish the milk.. At times we took an hr!!

Mummies,

When those of you who need to pump more than once at work, after you wash the pump n bottles with detergent and pour hot water to sterilize, how do you dry and keep the items for the next pump?

Coco,

If the feeding time is going to take so long..you may want to change to a faster flow teat..i change my baby teat to 3m+ despite he was about 2 months old that time..his feeding was reduced from 45mins/ 1hr to 15-20mins mins..luckily no choking for him.

Sweetsnow,

It was some joint between wda/ntuc with the training school - seed institute..90% fee covered by them and she receive about $1600 allowance while studying with the schoo for 2+yr ..heard now the newer batch don't get so good benefits already..but you can still try to apply..

My girl wld wake up once or twice a night to feed which I think is normal as she is on full breastmilk. It is really tiring to breastfeed when u r working bt latching her is the only time I feel really close to her n bond with her. N is the only thing that no caretaker can do for her. M jealous of my MIL, she is the main caretaker now and during the first week when I come hm frm work, she actually cries so badly when I carry her. Breast feeding her is the only time I feel she belongs to me totally. I know I sld be grateful that my mil is helping mi to look after my precious bt still can't help feeling jealous.

Usually I wld wash the pump with the baby detergent and put in the container, when I wan to use again, I wld juz pat dry, Singapore water is clean for drinking so even if the pump is not fully dry, I think is ok, dun wanna be too clean oso... Hee...

Hw heavy is ur baby? Mine is 6.2kg, 3.5 mths, feeding 120ml of breastmilk every3-4 hrs

Rejoy,

My girl is 7kg, 61.8cm tall at 3months 1week old.

She drinks around 60-80 ml every 2hours.

She's also more attached to my maid now who is the main caregiver. Even my husband is jealous of that but nO choice.

Sweetsnow, your girl is of a good size leh! Mine is 3 months 3 weeks and she is 6kg at 60cm. Drinks 150ml every 3-4hours.

Pumping in office

Very tough cos' i have to lug a laptop and the pump around plus cooler bag cos' I don't want to put in the common fridge. Pumping every 5-6hrs in the office. I bought another set of pump funnels so i don't have to spend time washing. Just screw on another set and I can pump again. For mummies who are planning to pump in the long run, you can consider buying another set for convenience [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

My menses just came! Even though my baby is on total EBM. i was caught by surprise yesterday and had to borrow a pad from a colleague [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

leeoh, my baby is almost the same as u. she is 63cm. bt she drinks lesser.

yes, very tough, i also ve to lug a laptop, pump, cooler bag n handbag. bt i pump every 4 hrs.

hmmm.. actually i wan to nod hw does one get preggy n breastfeed at the same time.

Hi mummies

With regards to whether you should clean your babies' fists after sucking, this is a useful piece of information from babycenter

(visit http://www.babycenter.com/0_your-2-month-olds-development-week-2_1477194.bc for the full article).

Below is the extract:

"The good news is that your baby's drool coats toys and other objects with disease-preventing proteins.

That's fortunate — since she'll continue to explore anything she can get her hands on."

Back