(2011/10) Oct 2011

HI all,

I'm a silent reader, have just finished reading the past 4-5 days of postings. This is my #3 and would like to share on the bathing theory during confinement.

For my past two confinements, i've never followed the traditional rules. I don't have any back ache or suffer from any pains becuase of that. I showered everyday and washed my hair alternate after i came back from hospital. Of course, it is best to shower in the afternoon when the weather is hot and with the da feng cao. After washing the hair, must make sure that the hair is blowed dry. A lot of people telling me not to wash hair, otherwise, i might get headache or migraine later in my life. So far, i don;t have such a problem.

I think it is actually depend on individual, if you belong to the heaty type, it is quite impossible not to shower in such a hot weather; but if you belong to the cooling type, you may want to comply part of the rules.

Coffee/tea:

i have been drinking tea/bubble tea after 1 trimester. 1 tea bag a day only. Bubble tea i cant stop myself from not drinking it. =x Just had bubble tea with pearls from gong cha. hehe!

Jasmine, my baby also LIKE bubble tea with pearls, especially the Milk Tea with GrassJelly with pearls from KOI. I wish to try Gong Cha, do you knw which one is nice? :)

emilybaby

now KOI no pearls. Gong cha honey green tea/milk tea, Gong Cha Milk Green Tea. I drink these few.. The pearls very chewy. Haha! if my HB around, i cannot eat pearls, so i eat secretly...

wah u all still drinking bubble tea ah.. i got craving but dun dare to drink.

Now with the taiwan ( one of the product) got problem, now makes me even dun dare to drink it.

bubble tea

ooh I love KOI milk tea w pearl, think that they've got the best pearls, chewy without being too soggy on the edges! I'll still drink maybe 2 a month.

sore nipples

yes mine were sore for about 4 days, I even had blisters on both nipples but they healed very quickly. After that on day 5 I had bad engorgement and lumps. The massage lady was able to press out the lumps for me, that's why I'm happy to engage her again this time around. My malay lady charges $50 for 90min of massage and wrapping, anyone interested can PM me.

CL

my CL called me last night and said that she saw her dates wrongly, turns out she can't do my confinement after all cos she has a client in Sept!!! Has anyone used PEM? I saw on the forum that its 50-50, only a matter of luck if you get a good one. Am considering either hiring from PEM/GPLS or ordering tingkat and taking care of baby myself.

Anyone has any feedback on which confine food company is good??? And generous portion? cos I eat like a horse.

weiyao

yes agree with you. If you're the type of lady who falls sick easily, then it might be best for you to follow the rules. But personally I think it is fine to shower and wash hair with the herbal preperation, just make sure that you dry off well.

tamms

I am keen to get the contact for ur massage lady. Will PM u.

I sign up with GPLS, I posted a thread online but no respone for that leh. Funny that comment for PEM is more than GPLS since both are agent.

happymomo

Is GPLS new? I only found out about them while researching last night. PEM has been around for quite a while. Yes I saw your post too, waiting for a reply...

WOW long time never post here :0

Mine is a baby boy, doc say my pecenta low, maybe due to i like to carry my ah gal.

hope it will move up slowly.

any one book post nantal massage after birth ? I juz book mine

I dont think is new leh. The person did tell us the yrs it has been in operation but i forgot. I chance upon the booth at marina sq baby fair. I think they left with only stay-in CL. Are u looking for stay-in CL. PEM carrys herb packs, thou convenience but I am not sure if they will push u to buy those leh..

happymomo

my cousin's wife delivered on Sunday and their PEM nanny just arrived about 2 days ago. She mentioned that they have the herbs and sell separately but I'm not sure if its more expensive or if they hard sell. Seems to be quite ok from the sound of it. The nanny is still new to them, will give it a few more days and call them later to find out more about how PEM is working out for them and post here.

GPLS is founded in 1979 according to the website but maybe they only just started marketing themselves recently? Can't find much web posting about them...

happymomo

I have not decided if I want to hire a stay in CL yet... or just go with tingkat confinement food and care for baby myself. Tingkat is about $1100 for 20 days of lunch and dinner, which is Mon-Fri only. Wkn I can manage on my own.

Tamms.. you 1st time mummy?? Really "pei fu" if you doing confinement yourself... I'm still a little jittery bout it... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Jinnous

My #1 is in full time childcare and I live with my in laws, so its not such a big issue for me, only thing is I can't relax as much as I would like. My mil works and made it clear she will not do confinement and will prefer not to look after baby at all. I think its ok for me to manage with baby at home, as long as I don't have to cook my own meals.

The condition of this BABYBJORN Carrier Air is 10/10 as it's used for less than 5 times. It comes in the original box and it's like brand new.

Features of BABYBJORN Air:

- Great comfort for Mom, Dad and Baby.

- Baby can face to either the front or rear

- Machine washable

- Wide padded shoulder straps provides maximum comfort for parents

- Rigid mesh gives excellent stability

- Built-in support for baby's head

- Extra soft mesh is comfortable against baby's chin

- Lightweight, flexible 3D mesh greatly dissipates heat and moisture, and adjusts to the size of the baby

- Carrier fits neatly into attached bag. Bag folds into pocket on inside when not in use

Selling it at $130. (Mothercare is selling at $199) Self collection at Toa Payoh MRT station any time or at Queensway MRT station on Sat/ weekday nights. Interested buyer please PM me.

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/5610001.jpg]

RE: confinement

I wanted to sign up with I-kare initially, But the in-charge (May) been MIA. didnt reply my sms, didnt turn up for our scheduled appt... keep on last min postpone. 2x already. so i decided to arrange appt with GPLS.

Will be meeting the in-charge fr GPLS next week.

Sorry dear... I can't update.. The file inside my pc, and my keyboard spoilt at the moment... Can't type. Do PM me so I can keep record to update later...

good morning mummies! TGIF!

re: confinement agency. Sorry, gonna be a dampener about GPLS. Hb and I engaged them for #1 confinement. The 1st CL didn't know how to cook confinement food, and relied on the recipe books MIL had bought. 9th day, MIL brought tomatoes and fish. The 1st CL steamed the fish and tomatoes for me and I got such bad food poisoning that I went to 24 hr emergency at TMC. The vomit contents were fish and tomatoes that's how I know. Ended up, she left with her luggage middle of the night and I'd to care for #1 myself for whole of next day. Pros: very clean person. Helped cleaned my house well and took good care of #1.

2nd CL is much better. Cons: Very dirty and unhygienic. She used so much oil in the kitchen that it took me at least a month to get rid of the oil. Very intrusive on privacy whenever I wanna breastfeed #1. The day before she left, she made the red dates tea so hot that I scalded my lips. Again, she left in the middle of the night.

These 2 experiences made me decide to just order confinement tingkat for #2. Sometimes, it just depends on luck on which CL you'll get for your confinement.

luv

Thanks for the feedback about GPLS ... it's tough deciding ... Do you live on your own? Have you got a maid to help you with the chores?

Sleepywrap

I love it cos its really the most comfortable carrier, but bear in mind that it is only suitable for indoor use in our weather. Very hot!

Yan (yan2609),

I have problem meeting May(i-Kare) too. She jus state office hour etc. And knowing we are all working, I am not sure why she is unable to make any other arrangement. Interesting.

Hi mummies I signed up with gpls for both their CL and massage package.

My colleague who just returned from maternity highly recommended gpls.

But as we cannot interview or select the nannies, I believe it all boils down to luck *fingers crossed* but at least we get to swap if we r really dissatisfied.

tamms, yes we are living on our own without maid. given hb and my character, we've decided not to have outsiders in the house.

twinklewen, yeah they have a good pool of CLs who are on standby anytime. the boss and his wife came to my home after the 1st CL left and told me this is the 1st time they have heard such a thing about CL MIA-ing.

Jinnous,

So I guess May is not interested in our business, maybe her Nannies are all too popular! Judging from her inflexible meeting time and cannot be bother, I worry we will have problem in future if anythings goes wrong. LOL

My cousin recommend me PEM confinement agency. You may contact Edison at 62939249. Her CL is quite good. Her name is Minhui. you can check if she is still available.

Her cooking is nice and when we visit my cousin, she'll cook our share. n beside taking care of bb & my cousin, she did all the household work too. a chatty lady who looks quite young.

My HB recorded me snoring while I was sleeping on my back. It sounded like snoring plus gasping for breath, which after awhile I always wake.

Is it v dangerous n bad to sleep on back?

gilera

the weight of our uterus will rest on a major vein running along our spine, which may restrict blood flow, so its recommended to sleep on our side. I can't sleep on my back even if I want to, my abdomen will hurt, can feel the weight pressing on my internal organs!

carrier

Agape babies is carrying Beco Butterfly 2 and Gemini carriers for moms who are interested in back pack style. its $185 incl FOC courier. beco carriers come with infant insert, Ergo you will have to buy separately. My carrier is Beco Butterfly 2 can be used from 3.5-20kg

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/5417819.html

http://www.agapebabies.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=62&sort=20a&filter_id=66&alpha_filter_id=0

Reliable seller, bought california Baby products from her before.

psss..hello mommies..

so quiet today :p

Cannot tahan already, I'm going to colour my hair later this evening..today in my car was flipping my hair, under the sunlight can see many white hair..

Rabbit BB,

I wanted to color my hair too - to all black, cos having "pudding head" difference of brown n black v obvious..

but hubby refused !!!

your hubby okay with it?

snuppy> i just told him, he say "can colour?"..haha. I was reading that its okay cos now already 2nd tri and also ask the stylist not to apply too near to the scalp. BUT ultimately up to each individual comfort level of doing it.

has anyone saw this before,

JOHNSON'S® NATURAL® HEAD-TO-TOE™ Foaming Baby Wash

98% natural made.

it's a J&J baby head to toe wash.

wondering does SG has it.

Thanks Starry, Roxanne, Snuppy and Emilybaby for your comforting words. Was really very affected by the comments by the mummy on my expanding hips.

Thank God that yesterday was my birthday and my husband took leave to celebrate with me. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Felt so much better after that.

Went to Taste Paradise @ ION for a sharkfin cartilege soup set meal and I must say the food there is superb! After that my hubby brought me for a aftermeal surprise program at MBS - The Lion King musical play! I must say that it is really Broadway standard and very nice! Mummies catch it if you can.

Emilybaby:

By the way, I didn't know of this Oct Mummies group at facebook. How to join ah?

Cream donut,

Have u really try on the sleepy wrap? I can't decide yet... Spend too much already. If want also, thinking to order online during sept when I can't go out shop. I saw amazon us selling $40.

Karen,

Ya.. Pm me your fb email and I'll add you in.

Minidiary: I PM u my FB email le. Thanks!

Rabbit_bb: wow maybe our baby will be on the same day too! My EDD is 18 oct.

How did u manage to celebrate? Actually I'm turning 29. And last year I told myself that I'm going to hold a big party and doll up myself nice nice to celebrate my last 20's this year. But being preggy this yr, I gave up tat idea. But really thank God for the effort that my husband put in to make me feel good yesterday. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Happymomo: if you hv difficulty meeting May fr ikare, maybe u can try to meet her on day of your next visit to gynae. Leave work earlier lo.

Hi mummies,

I'm selling this Ikea changing table which was rarely used (as I moved to my mum's place shortly after I gave birth) with GULLUNGE babycare mat (as shown in picture). Condition is 9.5/10

Product informations:

Length: 72 cm

Width: 53 cm

Height: 87 cm

- Converts into a convenient table/shelf unit when not used as a changing table any more.

- Solid beech material.

Selling at $40. Self collection at Depot Rd. Please PM me if interested.

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/5615117.jpg]

Yeah... Can't nurse on manduca.

Do we need to tie around or the sleepy wrap fix aredi?

Thinking to get manduca in sept, if wan to buy sleepy wrap.. Also sept. Ya the lady was very friendly. Demo beco and manduca to my hubby and asked him try on too.

I burnt a big hole in my pocket yesterday, bought quinny buzz at taka. Because got 10% rebate voucher for every $100 spent for taka credit card members. So the bb carrier must wait later stage...

Back