(2011/10) Oct 2011

Snuppy,

Ya went to marina square kiddy place, saw the playpen. $99 is very good aredi, I see there put usual price like above $100.. That's offer price. But my hubby and I think to buy when bb is two or three months onwards and put the playpen in living room. I have bought bb cot. Day time just let him sleep pn portable mattress. Can aredi, newborn don move much also.. Haha save money. Lots thing to buy so we prioritize which is important.

Mummies,

What's the difference between rocker and swing? Is it necessary to get one? How long the bb can use? Up to 6months?

I was at Cheng Choon store website & saw a list of things to prepare for newborn baby available for download. Helpful for #1 baby like me. ;)

#1 Pray&Love

I went to MS kiddy palace too but didnt c any playpen at $99.. only saw those at $200+ almost $300 promo price!! went there twice on diff occassion some more!!

happymomo: i have previously created the list on facebook secret group .. anyway, you can get it from the counter at Takashimaya, level 3, children's department ..

Dropped by shen kwong

only got towels n white tees for hb

they got big undies for big tummies too [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

anyone with strong bb kicks?

List for BB hospital! 

I think the most impt stuff to bring to hosp are: 

1. pyjamas - dress kind with buttons on the front 

2. breastpump 

3. maternity pads - can buy 1-2 packs of kotex ones with maternity loop cos hospital will charge >$10 per pack, outside cost $6 only 

4. 2 - 3 pcs of disposable panties 

5. shampoo,soap, facial foam if u want to bathe.. 

6. Nipple cream - Medela got this purelan which is quite good   

For baby, it really depends on individual and what's in the goodie pack... 

1. standby a tin of milk powder 

2. bottles 

3. steriliser 

4. clothes 

5. diapers 

6. cotton pads to clean baby 

7. wet tissue 

8. dustbin to throw soiled diapers 

9. handkercheif, u can use tissue paper for this 

10. diaper rash cream 

11. soap/shampoo for baby, i will be using latacyd for first 3 mths cos it is very mild, almost like soapless 

12. ru yi oil 

I think these are essentials, u can add on a baby cot or playpen, carseat, stroller

***from previous mummy post***

Bubblygeekypig,

Got leh... I saw 2 playpens displayed there... One is pink color and the other one blue color. Really ms kiddy palace wo...

gilera

sometimes i'll feel strong kick or movements but last week my bb kinda force or stretch his way and i saw e shape of his head protruding out of my abdominal wall!! this happens for quite a few times and my tummy was kinda out of shape n tat area feel hard n a little uncomfortable...

Just to share my funny dream last night.

I dreamt that my baby kicked me so hard till I can see his whole footprint on my tummy... I was so amazed that I went to get a camera to snap a pix of that scene... *but... it's all a dream... :p

#1 Pray&Love

i saw 1 brown n e other blue or wat cant remb but im sure e both cost slightly less than $300 aft promo [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

I've got firmer & stronger kicks since last sat.... And the kick will create an "earthquake" on my tummy. my tummy will pop up when he kick and down again... i try to video it down but when i'm videoing, bb nv kick.... Amazing.... n the kicks r in the centre tummy instead of the usual bottom area....

re: baby kickings/movements

my baby is very clever .. if I try to video or tell someone to feel the kickings, the kickings will stop .. will resume shortly after as if he knows .. managed to video 1 random kicking last fri when hubby was not around, then hubby complained as to why he did not get to witness it live =.= anyway, baby was kicking on sat night and without telling hubby anything, I told his hands and put over my tummy .. he felt and commented on the strong kicks .. I replied him, 'if you can feel the kicks are strong just by the mere touch, imagine how I would feel' ..

happymomo: no worries; good things must share =D

re: baby kickings/movements

my baby is very clever .. if I try to video or tell someone to feel the kickings, the kickings will stop .. will resume shortly after as if he knows .. managed to video 1 random kicking last fri when hubby was not around, then hubby complained as to why he did not get to witness it live =.= anyway, baby was kicking on sat night and without telling hubby anything, I told his hands and put over my tummy .. he felt and commented on the strong kicks .. I replied him, 'if you can feel the kicks are strong just by the mere touch, imagine how I would feel' ..

happymomo: no worries; good things must share =D

Bubblygeekypig,

Did u go to the wrong shop instead? I went to another baby shop in ms... Selling graco brand, display shown brown n dark blue... Slightly less than $300.

the kicks or movements are getting more and more violent. to me, the baby is like dancing inside. sometimes, there is a movement on the left n right tummy at the same time.

when i try to slp and lie on my side, the baby will kick whichever side I lie on, so I really don't know what position he wants me to slp in.

just called cheong choon to enquire abt peg perego's pram. just for sharing if any of you r interested.

p3 - 640, rebate: 20

switch - 920, rebate: 40

uno - 988, rebate: 30

Hi Mummies,

I am from June 2011 thread I have the following item for Sale (Brand New/2nd Hand)

- Medela Swing Pump (Use only 3 days) Singapore Set

- Pigeon Breastpad (1 box open use only few pic)

- Mastela Stratchmark Cream (Brand New)

- Tollyjoy Nappy Liner (Brand New)

- Tena Waterproof Sheet (Package open and use only 2-3 pic)

PM me or email me at [email protected] if anyone is keen on the above item Thanks

winny: read the review .. it is basically 'pressing on and stopping' the milk leakage .. baby fair is at singapore expo from this friday to sunday ..

ya lor...so i also not sure.

Hmm..prob i'll drop by sg expo this weekend.

Would you be buying baby monitor?

Hey Karen, realized that you are also seeing Dr Lim at TMC... I'm seeing him for my #2 now, in fact he is my mum's gynae too. He is really good and "cheap". Just packed up my receipts, since Feb I only spent $340 for consultations.

winny: nope; do not think I am buying baby monitor as of now as I am planning for baby to be sleeping in my room .. at least for the confinement month so that it is easier for nursing ..

gilera, thanks for your list of things to bring to hospital. So, is it #1-6 only? #1-12 for baby is to keep at home?

This is the first time I'm giving birth in a hospital in Singapore, so I'm clueless what to bring. For my births overseas, I only had to bring the clothes to be worn on day of discharge for mother and baby, and nursing bras. Toiletries for mother. Gown for mother and baby clothes during hospital stay are provided but chargeable if wanna take home.

I also have violent kicks these past week. Yesterday was the most worse... think like a sudden electric current on my tummy. Caught me unawares...

winter_bluey.. i also called cheong choon to enquire on combi urban walker. price $389, also give $20 rebate voucher. but i wonder if their prices are really good. cos some websites are able to provide cheaper price than them. maybe worthwhile to research more.

wonder if this wkend's fair got sell strollers anot...

karenyeo: wah seh !!! haha that is really qiao !!!

btw u said that u can buddy with me for the origins jamu massage right? yesterday wanna post but cos system keep having error so din post in the end.. i dunno if they will have promotion during the fair anot leh... if dun haf, then we buddy signup on website bah.. u know what are the buddy package goodies? check out this site...

http://www.originsjamumassage.com/Promotions.html

Fantastar / HS,

urban walker was my initial choice, due to the spacious sitting room, but in e end thinking to get well comfort instead, cos it is lighter..

hahaha if i'm not the one carrying the pram outside alone, i will get urban walker.. cos slightly bigger. you gg ?? can help me check price for well comfort(combi) as well? pls pls thank you.

Karen, ya ya my whole family and lots of friends seeing him. When is ur next check up? Maybe in later trimester appts, we will bump into each other.

my hubby was telling me, "u so lazy, wont leave the house alone without me or someone helping u (eg. my mum, younger bros)".. haha..

so we decided to get a bigger pram for baby boy. I most probably getting from amazon.com cuz after shipping only adds up to less than sgd600.

originsjamu: considering whether shld I get the package with the meridian balanced massage. any recommendation?

Hi all ,

I have some Cheap maternity wear and new borne items to clear ,all in good condition . Take a look at below website for more items that I will continue to load weekly !

Baby clothes - All at $4 each

Maternity clothes - from $5 each

Delivery charges included!

Baby wear

https://picasaweb.google.com/110078146443565311372/NewBorn?authkey=Gv1sRgCPK6q8mFsNXY_gE&feat=directlink

Maternity:

https://picasaweb.google.com/110078146443565311372/PrelovedMaternity?authkey=Gv1sRgCNKlzLbMioGBNw&feat=direct link

hi all,

back from korea.

tirin trip cos raining all the way [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

winterbluey... peg perego prams really heavy.. haha... but if u confirm have someone with u when u go out, then i tink its a good buy... i tink i might bring bb out alone, so better buy something lighter and i can handle one...

vivi.. my fren came back from korea early last week.. no rain leh.. u went on tour package or F&E ?

minidiary: I only selected those models that ship direct from amazon.com, shipping from amazon direct only cost usd20+ but you have to pay tax, for the stroller i had in mind, tax is around usd30+.

u have to look at the shipping option to see whether that item has shipping to other countries

I getting either of these, http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002Z7EB8S/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_2?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00307SUN4/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_3?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Creamdonut,

I was tempted to buy their bb clothing, but already bought them beforehand, plus most of their clothings come in pack of 6s. my hubby afraid bb grows up very fast then won't get to wear that much. hence still holding back on their bb clothings.

if you're gg alone, i guess you will buy more.. ask your hubby alone to restrict u from overbuying lols.

next time round, i know where to get affordable bb clothings/socks/bibs/towels/pants. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Winter bluey,

How to see if there's direct ship to sg? Normally I chose to ship from amazon to borderlinx, thn only to sg. If got direct ship, will be better if cheap. I've bought quinny buzz aredi, heavy too but of course will go out with hubby if use quinny buzz. Don think I can handle alone. Someone gave us capella, that's y we bought quinny buzz.

Vivi,

This weekend got bb fair in expo!

HS:

Thanks for the Buddy incentive. Ya, I'm waiting for mummies to update if they have booth at the fair this week. If not, we can buddy up loh.

Sopdav:

I like Dr Lim cos he belongs to the Tender-Loving Care type, which is very impt to me. My previous Gynae at Gleneagles too professional already. My next visit is this Friday! Looking forward to seeing baby again!

Wanna ask gynae a silly question: whether it's ok to drink cold water and orange juice. So tired of pple telling me that it's not good to drink cold water and orange juice. The weather is so hot man! Wanna hear from a professional voice...

creamdonut,

hehehe i don't know what are breast pads & their purpose???,

hahaha actually, after buying in impluse,

my colleagues were telling me, don't need to rush. cos after delivery we can still ask hubby/close friends/parents to get those necessities for us and also to avoid over buying..

just prepared the basic necessities, like few clothings, milk bottles, diapers, bottles cleaner, bb cot/playpen & strollers.

Hi mummies

Sorry to disturb this thread

I am selling away my 1 month old parklon playmat.

Original purchase price: $130 from Mini Toon

Selling price: $70

Self collection @ Punggol

Still Every new and hardly any crease.

email me if you are interested:

[email protected]

Hi mummies, sorry to interupt.

I have a BNIB Avent nipple cream to let go.

It's very useful for breastfeeding mummy to prevent and reduce sore nipples.

PM me if interested. Thks.

Back