(2010/12) December 2010 MTB

Dbaby, ya manz..the moment 2 of them zz at the same time feel so relief right? Weekend me n hb will take care either one of them to zz n both of us tell each other, we nod our head, ok zz liao, phew!! Then laugh at each other n finally can do our own things for at least good 2 hours! :p

Normal la, toys all over living room, my gal's bedroom also full of toys :p

hihi mummies & daddies, how's everyone? Hope you all are doing well with your lil ones. I've been unable to break free until now .. back in office 2 days to settle some important stuff.

Life is urghhh ... can't bring myself to describe. Sigh!! I am finding time now to read the posts as much as I can. Everything seems upside down on my side .. motherhood is a culture shock for me [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Hi moms,

looks like its gonna be another cold day. I didnt bath my 2nd one too, just a thorough wipe.

been up on my feet since 7plus morning,had to settle my older one to school, feed young one, change her, then wash clothes,dry clothes,iron and stuff all thanks to the rain.

Luckily 2nd one has slowly establish a routine.

With older one being off diapers completely, i have one less thing to worry.Happens at the right time.

I make my 2 girls nap about the same time, so usually i ll keep the younger one awake more in e morning by putting her on the playmat as she dreads it and wont be able to go to sleep and when her sis is awake she ll be around ,and then make em sleep together.

Night i ll try to settle younger one to sleep by 9ish sometimes drag to 10plus. And about 4plus 5, i usually make the 2nd one awake so that she can sleep longer at night and it works, she can sleep about 5.5hrs average , theres one record breaking of 8hrs previously.

Gotta prepare dinner and iron again.

catch up again moms.

Cindy, books suggest half-swaddle in their 2nd month if they still feel insecure. Can release one hand and vary each side in the afternoon. Night, keep swaddle to sleep better. If we totally swaddling them, it will hinder their development. Not too sure when i will take swaddle off her night sleep though.

Bubbly7, I am also trying not to give my gal pacifier. My sis’s daughter managed to go without it, so I know it can be done. It will be more difficult to go without pacifier for the start and most of the time; they will find their thumbs/hands for comfort. If you have decided, let’s Jia you.

My gal just pooed on me when I was washing her head before bath yesterday!! What a mess. Need to decide if i should clean myself or her first! Luckily my hubby is around, else I do not know how to clean her and settle the mess. The day before, she pooed into her bath tub. Now got phobia bathing her!….

Was out shopping for clothes last weekend but no luck. The clothes just don’t fit nicely in my now well endowed top and extra weight. Also, need to find clothes suitable for BF. Looks like must give up some fashion sense.

Oh, speaking of BF, just to share some links for nursing rooms location in shopping malls. Not a full updated list (don't see ion in the list) but will be helpful for nursing mums. Else, if room is occupied, we can always find a café to BF using nursing hood. Found this in the website: According to Singapore Police, “it is not an offence to breastfeed in public, if the woman is decently clad and she does not expose her breast more than what is necessary to breastfeed her child.”

http://www.breastfeeding.org.sg/breastfeeding-places-in-singapore.html

http://sg.******************/articles/nursing_rooms_in_singapore

I am curious tat is it baby have sweat smell on their head? Cos I read here tat quite feel babies have sweat smell on their head. How to get rid ?

hi mummies

on my own today after mil left for msia to spend cny... hectic day till i lose track of time.

dbaby/ debbie/ klitz: good leh, i still no mood for cny haha like v fast time pass. still trying to fit in my new role. motherhood really challenging

crystal/klitz: me too trapped @home everyday no shopping done, didnt buy new clothes dig wardrobe for some unworn clothes tat bought last time but never wear b4

dewdew/debbie: i also spotting on and off... not a lot but sometimes a bit here and there. gosh... is this normal? i

rainbow/yufizz/sharon: my boi also doesnt allow to full swaddle thus i do half sawddle... me too sleep deprived. v v grateful if can sleep 3-4 hrs undisturbed. my hubby said i look like a fat toad when pregnant, now look like a fat panda..

littlepig2: yes my boi also cries when he shitting like gek sai face then when he poos, he got the 'relief' face. mybb on mix bm and fm

stefie: so good... i heard of schedule feeding too but how to implement, cos my boi feeds on demand and it is rather erratic... making me v chuan... no mi time at all.he feeds then poos then want to latch and can't sleep wants to be carried till deep sleep then can put him in cot to slp...

bubbly: poor thing..take care and jia you on losing weight. me still have ard 8kg to go[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] plan to start my massage sessions soon.

Liling, my boy's head smells a bit. Started since like first few days of birth you know. Think cos he sweats. Initially he sleep with no air con and no fan. Then slowly on fan and now at night sleep with air con. The smell seems to be milder alr I think. No idea how to get rid of the smell.. Shampoo?

My bb hair smells since 2wks old. Think also those tonic we drank and make them sweat? I endure all the way till 5wks plus cos also rem tat bb don't need to shampoo. But it just got accumulate and somemore we don wanna shave her so we started using shampoo. Initially we used J&J head to toe dilute in bath water to rinse it but doesn't help at all. My parents say it's ok to shampoo or not it's too much sweat and dirts stuck alrdy.

Liling, I wash with a lil bit of shampoo on my bb scalp .. rinse lightly & will smell nice again. I'm using avent bb shampoo diluted with water.

hi mummies.. my baby is now 6 weeks old.. I let baby drink breast milk.. but didn't latch on. recently he hardly poo.. he poo like 3-4 days once.. or even longer.. if he poo, will be a little bit, just staining the diaper. may I know what can I do?

hi mummies, yup weather has been extremely cold, din bathe my baby yesterday too but since his head tends to smell, bathe him today.

Dbaby, indeed having a helper really a lot of difference, I can have more rest and time to myself. Like now I am nursing a flu, at least still got helper to take care of bb...but of course, I still monitor closely by the side. But you really power lor, can cook , do housework and look aft 2 kids!

Thanks bubbly, hope to get well soon, actually I am still doing the nite feeds with mask on , hope won't pass to bb.

Btw wanna ask mummies here, is it ok to mix FM for bb, as in out of 3 feeds, for eg 1 is similac and 2 is Nan. I switch from Similac to Nan but found that now on Nan, he does not poo daily while on simmilac he poo a lot. So I am now giving him part Similac and part Nan.

Hi mummies,

Sorry to interrupt!

Am running a spree on Lugmax Bag Organisers and Baby Essentials Organisers in FaceBook…Prices starting from $7.. Mail or Add me in FB at [email protected] for enquiries and to place your orders!

Thank you for your support!!

Cheers!!

Hihi...im a jan mummy and day 3 after delivery today.

Just tried my new freestyle, but it makes my nipples really enlarged n painful.

Would like to ask if anyone knows the reason why.

Is it the shield size not correct or...?

I used to use PISA but no problem.

Wonder any medela user can advise...Thanks!

Mangogal

Ya lo.. Nw grandma nt at my plc, nite time HB help to entertain #1 for 1-2hr while i slack on MBR with #2 til feeding time abt 9-10pm. After tt i will put him on the bed, let him soothe himself to slp. Then spend time with #1 a while, let her drink milk & settle her to bed.. Nw she is asleep cos took med for fever & flu.. Must be real drowsy..

After both sleep, HB & i spend some time talkin abt the day & relax a while before i go to bed..

Liling

I use shampoo J&J a lil bit to wash BB head when i bath.. After tt smell nice nice le..

Sharon

Ya, with extra help is good lo.. I dun haf but grandma stay at my plc most of the time, partly cos she simply adore both my lil ones. So when i cook or do hsework & both awake, she help see see lo. And i usu put BB on pram n push to where i am doing stuff & grandma entertain #2. Tis few days only me alone with them but still manageable.. I still can cook lunch!! Ahhah..

U can use Dentinox but i realise put olive oil or BB oil for 15-20mins before bath helps to 'wash' off the cradle caps easily..

Rachel

Nt sure abt the PISA but i used freestyle prev & also same prb.. U can buy bigger size breast shield to try. Can get frm Kiddy or Mothercare. The ones tt comes are M and S i think..

hi mummies,

how was the recent cold and wet weather for you? it kept us indoors most of the time and i didn't bathe bb y'day. only wiped her down 2x and today she smelled sour sour liao. lol! brought her back to my mum's place and my mum gave her a bath. i wonder how come she can smell even when she never do anything much or go anywhere. :p

dunno why but when we went back to my ILs place, bb gets difficult to soothe and i have to keep carrying her. maybe going back 2 days a week is not enuf to let her get familiar with it, but i really dun want to go back for long 'cos there's no one to help me out. i get so frustrated back there i'd snap at my hb after 2 days. last night i actually felt giddy 'cos i was so tired. haiz... am actually dreading CNY 'cos we'll hv to go back there and stay for 5 days. omg!!! think by the 3rd day i'll peng san liao. and my left wrist hurts so bad i can't even button my pjs this morning.

@ pauline, your bb might be constipated. mine also has that staining thing - it's just sai wants to come out but can't. so maybe u try to massage his tummy in circular clockwise motion, and both buttcheeks. also can hold his legs and make him do some cycling action in the air. it's supposed to help get the intestines cleared.

@ rachel, my freestyle did that to me initially too, but it got ok after a while. for me i think 'cos i'm a FTM so my nipples just need to get used to the pumping.

Sharon, I bought the Johnson&johnson baby oil (lighter version, blue bottle). Then apply a bit of baby oil on the area with the cradle cap. Then 30mins later I wash baby's hair. So i tend to apply the oil before bathe time. During bathing I use a washcloth to rub round the baby head with water containing diluted shampoo. I noticed that after I time, the cradle cap about 70% clear for my boy.

Rachel, u can try buy pumpin pals shield. Tats wat I did for my freestyle.

Dewdew, take gd care of ur wrist oh. Better get it treat ya. I dread cny too cos going to in law place. At least u twice a wk to their house, me super bad. Only twice ever since after confinement! Which is abt 1.5 mths now. And I still don't feel like going there during cny. Argh!

sharon: saw in fb flu is getting worse.. Take care ya..

DBaby: hehehe.. I thought my idea to put bb in pram at home is silly but i'm not alone :) for different reason though.. I m training him to get used to sitting in pram.. 1st day was terrible, he cried.. Yest was much longer, he could sit till fell asleep.. Slowly, i hope he sits in it when we go out..

Re: bath

It's raining again... But my bb still take baths.. Like to see him fresh.. But then used warmer water..

sharon n Dbaby, me too having flu over weekend n my gal gt it too

Dbaby, try to keep ur gal away frm didi, i so worried my boy will get it

wah break record i only slept for 2 hours!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

my gal who gotten flu bug keeps waking up n whinnig once in every hour since midnite! Only wants me to carry her n whine complaning here and there refuse to sleep on her bed. Each time she woke up i need at least 20 mins to pacify her to zz on her bed, buay tahan at 2 am plus hb told me to smack her n put her down to sleep so she cries out loud n finally slept at 3 plus, she also poor thing cos her cough n phelgm keeps bothering her so she very mang zhang n cant sleep well, now i am really zombified! Good thing hb take care of brother night feed and he woke up only once,hehe think he cant be bothered by his sister whining

Me so tired but need to wake up at 6 plus to pump milk n just finish feeding my boy cos hb went to work early at 6am, really very taxing when u hv a sick toddler or baby at hm esp at nite when they cant sleep well shag!

Hi mummies, do you know if breastmilk can be warmed up and kept warm in the avent Warner for more than 4 hours? I tried telling my mil that bm can only be kept max up to 4 hours once out if fridge but she insists that warm milk won't spoil. Hence need sOme sided before bb is fed spooky milk all the time..Thanks!

hi motherdew.. thanks for the information.. will try your method.

hi jialing.. i always leave my breastmilk warmed up for hours.. cos sometimes when i prepared, baby haven't wake up. so kept it warmed up till he wakes up. usually he shld wake up in 3hrs time but sometimes he just sleep for 4-5hrs or even more.

Jialing, warmed milk gotta fed within an hour. 4 hours is only for just expressed out from u and kept in room temperature at least 25deg.

mangogal, try catch some rest if u can later today ya.

Jialing: different articles publish different things on the number of hours warmed milk could be kept, different mommies also practise different things.. while at home I could control to feed him within an hour or so, if I leave home for a while, I'll warm and bring along on the outing, sometimes 2 hours to 3 hours.. I capped it at 4.. to be on the safe side, try to taste before feeding?

Jialing

Ya, i rem warmed up BM can only last an hr. Only EBM tt u jus pumped out can last for 4-6hrs in room temp of 25deg.. Think u better tell ur MIL..

Mangogal

Poor u.. My gal also havin flu & fever.. Hope she gets well in time for her bday.. So sad tt she fall sick..

U too take care cos must be well to take care of the small ones. Yday i jus took 2 paracetomol cos feelin head pain & measure 37.1. Tis morning measure 36.7 & was relieved..

Bubbly

So far my boy slps well in the pram.. Cos need to 'look after' #1 & do hse chores so must push him to where i am.. So in the pram he goes.. Hahah..

DBaby: agree! it's so convenient to push them in pram.. :) I am getting the hang of it.. hahahaa.. hopefully he'll be used to it the next outing.. :)

pauline, it's pretty normal for babies on breastmilk to not poo every day, as BM is easily digested. You can try the massage suggested by dewdew but as long as your baby is not uncomfortable, you don't see him straining and pooping out hard pellets, he is OK.

Cherry & Dbaby, thks later afternoon will take a nap.

Dbaby, oh I alrdy sick since sat, fever as high as 40 degree, feel soooo terrible chilling n super aching bones with the cold weather[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] Thk God fever came dwn on sunday n no more liao, but the irritating cough n runny nose still there, been wearing a mask since..hiaz...think my gal gt it frm me.

No mood for CNY leh..cos of my cough need to wear mask cos so scared spread to my boy, then maybe this CNY need to wear mask also to bai nian LOL:p

EBM, out of fridge I allow nt more than 15mins, after 15mins, I will discard.

If bring out EBM, will put inside pigeon cooler bag and it can tahan max 3 hours, after that I will discard.

If store EBM in fridge, after 24 hours, I will discard though ppl say can stay up to 48 hours...

Frozen EBM, I will discard after 2 months

Hee...pardon me,very kiasu, dun dare to feed my kids sourish milk if leave too long

thanks Roz.

mummies.. as for the breastmilk, if you warm up earlier but baby is still sleeping, u will discard it after 15mins - 3hrs?

recently my baby likes to cry after feed. is it becos he is tired? he just keep on crying.. thought he wants more milk, give him, he don't want.. put ru yi oil on his stomach still cry. try to cuddle him to sleep, also cry.. he kept on kicking his legs & move his hands. anyone got any idea what to do? cos i feel very lost.. he cried till whole face red & almost no voice.

Re: Shampoo

I found some dried flakes in my boy's hair again today after 2 days of no shampooing, only wiping the scalp with the same bath water. I thnk the Pigeon bath too strong for the scalp area, even if it's just wiping.

Re: Weight/Fats

Can I ask whether all the mummies have gone back to your pre-preg size, especially the tummy and hips? Mine still big leh.. so upset. Like still 4/5 mths preggie, especially obvious since the rest of my body already slim down.

This happened last Friday..

Waiter: Your baby so cute.. first one? How old is he?

Me: Ya, he's only coming to 8 weeks old. Less than 2 mths.

Waiter: Oh I see.. congrats! the second one on the way ah? When due?

Me: T_T

Pauline - is it becoz he needs to burp? Mine will cry and struggle and rub a few times his hands all over his face in misery during the feed, but after burping him he continues to drink until his next bout of air that needs to be burped out.

hi mummies,

wow, many of you are sick. must be the erratic and cold weather. do take care and get well soon!

cherrry, if i could, i wouldn't go back too. but cannot 'cos currently am already away from hb 5days a week. so weekend must go back. but i dun like the way my MIL bounce bb - bounce until so hard! haiz... but cannot tell her off also, what to do?

pauline, i will discard my ebm 1hour after warming up. usually if i see bb not awake by 50mins, i will just pop the bottle into her mouth. she will almost always suck. any leftovers i will discard, but at least she will take some.

my bb also like to cry after feed recently. not sure why she does that but it's only for a short while. do you give your bb pacifier? if so, maybe u can try putting it in very quickly after removing the bottle. sometimes they suck until very shiok, then we suddenly remove so they're unhappy.

the crying until whole face red and no voice part - think almost every baby also like to torture mummies like that. mine also same, so i'll rub her head and the side of her face, and bounce her up and down so she'll at least gasp for breath. the red in the face part is 'cos they never pause for breath.

re: pram in house

i did that after one night i couldn't go to the toilet 'cos there was no one home to help look after bb while i go. some frens suggested the method to me and now i pop bb into pram whenever she's awake so i can wheel her here and there. lol!

Lyn55

I still hv a bit of tummy fats...this morning now weigh 50kg liao, pre preg weight was 45kg, then try my jeans, can wear up finally but cant zip, still abit more to go 5kg! ,hehe :p

U can try clarins body shaping cream, works for alot of mummies here ;)

jialing, milk that is warmed up can be left more than an hour actually if baby has not drank it. But it is not advisable to leave it outside more than an hour. My SIL accidently left her EBM in warmer for 3 hours and baby drank also no problem. But normally i just play safe just don't leave it more than an hour at room temp after warming it. Anyway i don't think it's good to keep leaving warmed milk outside for more than an hour. Not fresh alr. You can taste the milk before giving baby drink. Spoilt milk has a very distinct sour smelly smell de... I tried smelling it before. However, it is the bm tat is just expressed that can last outside for 4 hours.

pauline, i discard my BM if left outside for about 1.5 hours and baby never drink. As for baby crying after milk, i think is cos of wind in stomach, try burping him in different positions.. My baby alot of wind de. So i let him sit up and burp first on my lap, then put him down flat for 5 seconds and put him over your shoulder to burp him. If he still cry, carry him such tat he is close to your stomach/chest area..

Hi mommies, long time no 'see' [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Need some advice.

I've been negligent n didnt noticed tat my baby's bcg part on his backside is red n swollen n the whole bcg was actually popping outwards.

Today when I bathe him, pus n a little blood was oozing from it. Then just now I chked again, the bcg became flat alrdy (not popping out n swollen anymore) n there's a 'hole' (where the pus was oozing just now).

Need to bring him to pd anot??

I asked my nurse frd n she said as long as baby no fever *touch wood* then its ok but I'm still worried...

Yurieve,

My daughter backside is also like urs and i cleaned and bath that area everyday but somehow its also have oozing out greenish pus and blood.

But after a few days like yours, flatten with a hole.

Gradually will ease and blend into the skin.

My 1st daughter bcg marking also still visibile.

Hi mummies, thanks for your advice! Have to rework how we warm up the milk fog baby then. He's really impatient when he's hungry and wants milk immediately! So we always try up warm up in advance. Think we shouldn't do that going forward.

Hi pauline, my boy cries too and I suspect it's wind/colic. Try to carry and soothe him?

lyn55, obviously the waiter dunno much abt the birds and the bees..got 2 month old baby and already pregnant? maybe just wear clothes that can hide the tummy lah..or just put baby on the lap [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

for me, many ppl didnt know i was pregnant even when i was almost full term..coz i'm fat to begin with. -_-'"

yurieve, i think so long not bleeding or oozing pus still, is OK. my boy's bcg scar is now a small reddish bump.

my bb's poo turned green for 3 days... went to see PD last night and spent $88 for <5min consultation! She said something about poo being stored in intestine and bacteria act on the poo therefore turn green. But it's no big deal. She gave some medication to introduce good bacteria in the intestine.

My bb is super addicted to sucking now... the moment i put her down in her cot she will eyes wide open. Every waking moment want to suck. sianzzz...

Lyn55... ya my tummy and thighs still huge. going to look fat in CNY photos this yr!

TenQ, woah that's costly for such a short consultation! My baby's poo was green for 3 days actually.. He on TBF. I called PD and the nurse told me poo being yellowish green or yellow is fine. Mine is yellowish green actually. So in the end i didn't need to go down to see PD directly..

Debbie/TenQ

Tats the pricing for PD.. Very ex one.. If u bring KKH A&E, esp after midnite, straight pay $85 lo... Thus everytime i bring jab, i make a list of qns to ask so wont bring to PD unecc..

Glad everything is fine..

Oshgosh

Go to WTB threads.. I saw a few ppl asking abt pumps.. Go try ur luck..

Bedok Point

Jus went to collect Huggies redemption at Bugis then head down to Bedok Point. Wow, lots of restaurants there.. Tried the Sapporo Ramen & nice.. Ordered a lot n eat a lot.. So sinful, no wonder the stubborn 4kg nvr go away!!!

Mummies shld go there walk walk when u dun knw wat to eat. Chinese, thai, western, jap and more.. Most impt, my GONG CHA there!! But i nvr buy, feel like wanna fall sick so tml then tabao up to go with my reunion dinner!!

Nites mummy. Enjoy the reunion dinner tml & Happy CNY!!

Back