(2010/07) July 2010 MTB

bdmummy, there are certain brands can buy.. my colleague did a comparison and mention pediasure is the same and she bot at msia medical hall. even cheaper!

mooncakes: i havent tried giving my son mooncakes yet, but surely I will let him try. Hahaa. nowadays everything also let him taste abit. Even ice cream. Everything just give abit can already! My only nono is raw food and caffeine. Everything else is OK even curry. My husband give him bryani with curry lor.. he keep opening his mouth wide wide cos very hot for him .. haha end up drink alot of water.

Porridge: maybe the appetite for porridge is lesser due to all the snacking? Try to moderate the snacking. my son can take one big bowl of porridge (those skip hop bowl.. full one). But he don't snack alot.. so all the munchies and snacks i buy.. always can last a long time hehe.

Constipation: for some funny reason, I read that bananas causes constipation for babies. So maybe wanna try to not give bananas if ur babies r having constipation. Some prune juice would be great! Like when we were pregnant hehehe!

Bottles: I change bottles every 6mths.. till today still using the medela bottles. But use the big ones for night time.. small ones for day time. Baby G does not drink alot of milk.. daily average 500+ml. Most of it is drank at night while sleeping! He drinks maybe 120ml in the day time only.. then at night he has 1 feed of 220ml b4 he sleeps, then about 120ml x 2 in the middle of the night. I know im suppose to wean him off his dreamfeeds , but if i do that, he wont take any milk at all! So i still give him milk in e middle of the night

mommies you all can try making a simple shepherd's pie for baby if ran out of ideas for their meals. I do it all the time (at least 2 times a week) for dinner and G loves it. Have also recommended to some mommies here and so far quite successful!

Just steam potato (normal or sweet oso can) with minced meat (any kind u want.. can be chicken, pork or beef). Then mash them altogether. IF u're using the avent blender.. even easier.. just all steam and blend together. After that put it into a small dish that is oven proof.. sprinkle cheese on top (i use shredded mozzarella but can be any cheese), then put into an oven or a toaster oven to bake until cheese melts and turns brown. Can smear some tomato paste b4 adding the cheese if want but not too much else too sour.

Yummy!

Girls, you all want a mass X'mas Gathering + Potluck + Gift Exchange in December???

I think by then most babies should be walking already.

eliss...

i think we shld do a lantern fest for them 1st...hahaha christmas still quite abit far...

mine is chasing after his cousin liao...still wobble wobble stage..but wanna run..=.=!!..

Lantern Fest - that's next week?! Yep quite cool to have toddlers holding lantern and eating piglets...Hmmm 10 Sep - SAT ?? but where leh?

Jac: The recipe sounds yummy.. I hope my boy like cause he rejected all my pastas.. I think he not into western food.. more chinese style.. haha!!

Sandy: Agreed that it would be fun having lantern festival for the little ones. Mine still not walking on his own and keep wanting us to hold his hands. But he really like to hold the lantern. Hehe!! Tonight going to buy piglet for him to eat.

Ann: Same here! My boy is also a chinaman. He rejects my pasta. Think it is the sauce...tomato too sour bah... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Eliss: Lantern walkabout at Esplanade sounds fun. 10 Sep, Sat evening is good for me. =)

Jac: I luv shepherd's pie so hv to make extra for myself too, lol

Having a family gathering on 10 Sep, so not able to join the outing [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

erm...the esplanade sounds nt bad...was actually thinking of the long bridge walking to MBS...hahaha...coz they can walk a long long straight bridge..

Vernie: I used cheese sauce he also don't know. I think he just dun like pasta.. he is ok with other type of western food. Oh.. he also dun like salad. He is a meat eater like his dad.

hahaha vernie - chinaman... so funny...

sandy - u mean helix?? but I thot its quite crowded still?

Another bridge i hav thought of its the marina barrage bridge...

but since Esplanade already has the event in place, maybe we can just join in the walkabout?!

must buy another lantern for baby K. We bought one from our Penang Trip, it comes with music, squeaker and lights... sigh yesterday she spoilt it liao...

eliss,

erm no leh..every time i walk the bridge like very empty in the evening.

think we shld try organise 1 outing for them to take lantern n walk..it must be so cute..a huge bunch of bbs wobble wobble with the lantern...

Lantern outing:

yeah, it cute to see toddlers walking with lantern, but at the same time, it will be so noisy. ~lolx~

this is because i got 2 kids carry lantern with music at hm. (-_-!!)

Think it will be ok in open space ba. :D :D :D

Elissa:

Thanks for your esplanade calendar page link , the information so useful .

But , my boy still dunno how to walk yet, he can't enjoy carry the lantern to walk, more worst is he react "scare" look when heard the lantern music , oh my god!!!!

i m ok for SAT 7pm... i m ok to either helix/esplanande/both...

see how other mummies prefer to meet where...

Junie - u call bearyfun and ask it the slot is available? Claire and Keila are on the 11th 2.30pm class if you want to join us

2, Tampines Central 6

#07-02 Singapore 529483

Tel: 6588 1415 Fax: 6588 3256

BTW mummies, anyone of you has crib/cot or playpen that your BB no longer uses them?

I have a friend who resides in the States but she's coming bk with her BB to S'pore to visit her family for the whole month of Dec.

She wld like to rent a playpen or cot to let her girl sleep in. Anyone has lobang? Tks!

Cuz it'd be heavy for her to "transport" her own crib from US to S'pore just for a short stay.

ELISS: I thought I saw the free trial is on 11 oct, Haha. Called & realised its for 11 Sep. Then cannot liao cuz we hv something on. Hehe.

Sat 10 Sept, 7pm

Please state which location would you are confortable with. (name on the location. if ok with both then indicate on both)

Esplande

1.Sandy

Helix Bridge to MBS

1.Sandy

Halo, please advise if you have friends who are keen to purchased a Ameda Lactaline Electric breastpump which is currently still under warranty. Got a new replacement set and with spare kits.

Tks/Rgds

Any mummies travelled on Jetstar before? Any feedback/ tips/ suggestions? I'm bringing baby to Darwin to visit a friend. Will be travelling alone with baby. Hope to check in stroller and luggage. Will be a night flight, around 5 hours.

julie - we took Jetstar with baby before. what do you need to know? Its like a full service flight except no meals.

Julie: I travel with BB Kayden to Korea.. 6hrs flight but not on Jetstar. Not sure if Jetstar has a bassinet.. if not.. better to see if got free seats, preferable center row.. so that BB can lie down to sleep.. or else you got to carry her and sleep.. quite tough.

When take off or touch down, I think better to let them suck pacifier or drink milk in case air pressure on the ear irritate them. But for Kayden, I find out that he can do without both.

Bring medication on board the plane.. so incase you need it, you have it.

Oh.. bring a carrier too in case BB not use to sleep in plane and you need to coax them to sleep.

Last but not least, bring snacks, milk, water in case you need them.

I think that is all for plane ba. Hehe!!

Hello Mummies,

Been a while since I came on the forum. I have read the forum and am glad to hear that all of you are doing well [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Charliebrown, Im intending to send my daughter to childcare at around 18 months.

hello mummies,

just to check whether if anyone of you started adding light seasoning to your BB's porridge??

i think i've let my boy tried too many of the good food that we are eating and now, he seems to reject porridge that is too bland liao..so ended up, i have to add abit of light soya sauce or sprinkle abit of sait in his porridge now...

else, he's going to be very picky picky with the porridge!

Jayamum:

I intend to send my child to playgroup first, then to CC. But after some discussion with hubby, he said to send our boy to N1 straight when he is 30mths old (about 2.5years old). In the meantime, b4 2.5years old, join PG.

supergal:

I have yet to add salt or soya sauce in the porridge. Sometimes I will add cheese to flavour the porridge, taste not bad. But I suspect my mum adds abit of soya sauce in the porridge, cos when I cook the same type of porridge as hers, mine is not as "dark looking". But of course, to adults, is not salty at all. But to a young child, is considered v salty.

hi supergal, if possible try not to add these seasoning as its not good for BB. No point starting them so young cos when they r older they will be eating alot of all these salty food (French fries etc).

If you feel that he only eats when you add soya sauce or salt, maybe you can try to add ikan bilis instead?

Hi, I am selling away the Haenim play yard to clear space

1) 6 panels Haenim Normal Play Yards (Blue and Red design) to let go at $65*

Consist of the following :

• 1 Activity (Normal) panel

• 2 Doors

• 3 Plain panels

Condition is 6.5/10

* Buyer may want to buy replacement parts+:

• Suction pads (A few have dropped off due to wear and tear )

• Bear stickers (Decorative purposes only, buyer can leave out if there is a budget) Optional

• Mirror sticker (Not reflective, buyer can leave out if there is a budget) Optional

Self collect. Interested buyers may email to [email protected] for viewing.

+Replacement parts can be purchased from SMH Bulk purchase spree:

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/5360294.html

Hi gals, I'm from Aug 2010 mum and now pregnant with #2. Do you all have good CL to share with me. I'm urgently looking for one now. Cos seems like most aldy booked.

hi charliebrown,

i registered my gal for playgroup starting next Jan when she is 18 months. 2 hour per day, just to let her have fun.

because the material fees are paid on a yearly basis and in order to "maximise" the amt i paid, i will let her attend playgroup for a year and she will go CC when she is 2.5yrs.

sk: is ur gal still in MFS ifc? I thought is auto promotion to toddlers grp when hit 18mths? Or u sign up with their PG? Haiz, MFS is so hard to get in. Recently i asked abt MFS at JW st 65, teacher also said lonngg waitlist. Well, if I had known got such lonngg waiting lists for CCs, I would have reg when I first got my child's BC. Haha!

Hi Sweetkiss, which playgroup is this?

Charliebrown, the CC near my place (woodlands) is the Montessori Childcare. Im going to survey the place next week with hubby and probably try out the place for about 2 weeks. If okay then I will proceed to put her there for half a day and then progress to full day. In the meantime, Im keen to register her for playgroups.

charliebrown: U put your boy in wait list le ma? yes, u have to wait 1-2 years for a slot. i withdrew my gal from IFC, but i would say the sch is very good and i like the teachers and environment. just that the food are all mashy kind cos babies to 18-mth toddlers eat the same thing.

im still on the waiting list for MFS CC though, but my plan would be to put her in playgroup first, then half day CC and full day CC. It would be a better transition for her.

i'm working at IBP, there is Learning Vision in my office building, i'm considering also but CC is around 1K+ per mth which is kinda exp, but also very convenient for me.

at the same time, i'm wondering.. if she goes full day CC at 1.5 years, she is gonna be stuck there for like 5 years till she goes P1? everyday 10-12 hours?

jayamum: it's under Star Tots at my mum's neighbourhood. only 2 hours, but at least got some programme for my gal in the morning...

Mummies, I have 2 questions if anyone could enlighten me:

1. I've been brushing my girl's teeth with those edible toothpAste for a while. Im wondering how to teach her to rinse her mouth. I've been showing her but to no avail.

2. If one has stopped breastfeeding for a month, can she relactate ( this is a curiosity question cos my friend intends to do just that)

Thank u

SK: Yea loh, I submitted the reg form quite some time ago, but I doubt there is a chance. I also submitted to LSH. But LSH is also exp, about $1k plus. Who takes care of your gal now? Your mum? MFS' environment is very nice, but I think giving too mashy food for tods is not very good for their development. My friend also reg her son for LV at MOE bldg. she reg her son when he was borned in July this year. #19 on the waiting list!

I think huh, I better strategise and plan earlier for P1, is better to be Kiasu! :D

just a matter of how well only :p

i remember few mths back in the newspaper, where some one criticised how can our "world class" system not have some form preschool cirriculum guidance to prepare the kids for P1. and these days, P1 is pitched at a very high level. hence whether is the kid prepared enough, we can only guess....

talking abt CC & PG, me & my HB will be going to Totsville Montessori @ Bishan, which is near to my IL's plc (heard reviews that the PG prog is very good) tmrw to speak to the Principal/Teachers to find out more abt the playgroup prog they hv for 18mths-3yrs.

The Principal informed me that there's already a waitlist. Since my boy is only turning 18mths next Jan 2012, guess it's still ok.

As for CC, the other day evening, we went to Midview City (Sin Ming/Bishan area) and saw the new Cherie Hearts CC there. We were loitering outside with my BB trying to peek in and the Branch Director saw us and opened the door for us & invited us in, even though it was 7pm already. The Branch Director is a very nice lady.

We toured the place & she also gave us some insights on CH curriculum.

As the place is still very new, we like it there...spacious, bright & clean.

But we actually don't intend to enrol my boy into the CC yet...until he turns maybe 2.5 or 3y/o, but we wld definitely keep CH in mind in future if we do intend to enrol (provided CH is still there & not go into receivership!)

Julie: For jetstar, infant under 2 yo sits on your lap (for a fee). I just took jetstar to KL w bb E and before that had tried calling the airline if I can buy a child seat for the bb, they could not confirm if I can do that without having prob checking in at the airport / onto plane. They allow you to bring stroller up till beforeboarding, then pass to the airline crew, and collect upon arrival at destination from the baggage claim belt like usual luggage.

Back