(2010/07) July 2010 MTB

Hi mummies can I asked how to u help to clean bb nose??

Other than using cotton buts?? He simply dislike when I hold his face n clean with the cotton buts..

How?? Than when i see his nose stuck with the nose shit that cover the whole nose that make him difficult to breath sia.. I can't help but to clear for him.. But each time I did.. He will cried damn loud!! =.=

My boy also doesn't likes the cotton bud to be inserted into his nose when we cleans his nose. So end up, we do it during his bath time mainly when its more moist, then squeeze his nose. Usually the nose dirt comes out.

If not, we wait till the dirt comes out on its own on the outer nose area then we squeeze his nose to take out, hehe.

hi mommies,

any of your babies using huggies ultra size L now? my boy has outgrown them and i still have 4 unopened packs (sealed in a carton box) that i would like to sell off a $10 per pack.

however, as i bought the diapers directly from a wholesaler, it doesn't come with the stamps...but i would think $10 per pack is still at a lower price that you can get outside.

i bought the diapers in late may this year and all the while, the packs have been sealed in a carton box..so they are still kept very clean.

i stayed in tampines st 45. so if any mommies or your frens are intersted, please sms me at 9649 1143.

many thanks [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Jasline,

I buy the nose sucker from Pigeon. Instead of sticking the cotton bud, i stick this nose sucker inside. But cfm every time i stick it in, will suck some nose crap out.. so in a way it is more efficient than a cotton bud

I got no problem in cleaning JL nose.. he got big nostril..[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] Just clean with wet tissue or towel will do.

if its watery and dried up, I will use the nostril spray, and It works. it will flow out by itself though he will struggle abit

Jaclyn,

I have those sucker too.. But tot useful if is like wet wet than easily suck out.. Those dry liao still can suck Ma?

Cheese,

What kind of Nostril spray u using? Can take pic for me to see.. Wanna buy lei...

I use sterimar nasal spray, too but only when H has blocked nose. actually this spray can be used on normal days, for cleaning the nose. can get from any pharmacies.

i don't purposely clean her nose. when bathing her, i'll pour water down her head and if there's any, she'll sneeze it out. or i'll just pull and wipe. hehe

Hi mummies

Anyone knows if there are any playgroup which is about 3 to 4 hours? Or playgroups are only 2 hrs the most?

Still undecided if to place K in playgroup or cc..grhhhh..

Btw, K has just started his official Musikgarten lessons at Karen's place. I enjoy it v much and always have a gd workout after that. Karen really has many interesting instruments and I am always in awe. K likes it not too bad either. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Junie: my boy also only naps around once in the morning for 2-3 hrs...

Supergal: He dislike it when I use cotton bud to remove his nose shit too. Wait for it to drop out by itself then either clean it w tissue or cotton bud.

Any mummies here started ur child on rice & the food we are eating already? How long they shld still be eating porridge?

Hi sk,no worry,last time my gal oso cried like mad when I put her in nanny's use..I oso felty so heart pain like u..however,I realized that if I'm not around,she will be more obedient n won't cry s often..this stage ll pass very soon,no worries..cheers..

Carol: how long did it take for her to pass the crying phase? My gal still crying after 1 week, but she stopped struggling when the teacher took her just that she will scream and cry for me. Make me cry too. now when I tell her "go school" she seems to understand & looks a bit scared. The only way to make myself feel better is to console myself that at least I dun have to struggle again when she goes CC.

SK:

even thought i sent my ger to IFC when she was 2 mth, but when she was around 18mth, she cried, when i send her to sch. After sending her in, i will wait awhile b4 i left to observe. after awhile, she will forget about me and start playing.

Wow all ur babies seem to b sleeping alot! Mine sleeps on avg 12hrs but sometimes 11hrs only.

Now that he is in IFC, sometimes only take 1nap,@ home will take 2. Only 2-3hr totoal day time nap (could b 1/2 naps) and ard 9hr nite. Mine super wanna play... Teacher say he will wait until all infants zzz then he will zzz cuz no one to play with.

Mine also dun zzz thru... Went thru a phase when he did zzz thru but of late also waking up randomly btw 2.30 - 4.30 crying for milk. Sometimes even twice a nite. Not sustainable since I have gone back to work ;(

And on the rare days that he zzz thru... He wakes up @530-6 and refuse to go back to zzz! Not sure which is the lesser evil!!!

Happy national day everyone [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Claudia: Haha, if my boy & yr boy are at the same CC then confirm both won't sleep liao cuz got kaki to play with. My boy also super playful one, sometimes play until can dun want to sleep. Only when I force him to sleep, then he will sleep, hehe.

Happy National Day to all too!

I'm flying off to Taipei tmrw liao. Holiday with my HB. Gonna miss my boy le.

hihi anyone started their babes on rice & soup yet? think my gal getting quite sick of porridge, will push away hers and want our food.

Hi mummies,

I am back from Seoul. Damn tired! Luckily Seoul rained only on the last day when we are returning to Singapore.

Overall, Seoul weather is hot. Same like Singapore. Lots of walking and climbing of stairs. Have to use carrier all the ways cause no lift nor escalator at most place. A good place if any mummies are looking at losing some weight. Haha!!

Easy to look for porridge there. They even have baby porridge menu but quite ex. Cost about S$10 per bowl. But Kayden don't really like. So he normally eat what we eat. Like rice with soup and some meat during lunch and dinner for him.

Hubby and I were totally shacked out after the trip.. both of us agrees that we chose the wrong destination. Haha!! Did not feel like a holiday to us at all.

Now planning for a trip for just 2 of us nia.

pillow

i had started giving my son table food already. not all the time. but i am still aware that there is too much salt/oil/sugar in the table food. home cooked table food i give him at times too... he loves mushy white rice and steam fish...

Hi mummies,

I am back from Seoul. Damn tired! Luckily Seoul rained only on the last day when we are returning to Singapore.

Overall, Seoul weather is hot. Same like Singapore. Lots of walking and climbing of stairs. Have to use carrier all the ways cause no lift nor escalator at most place. A good place if any mummies are looking at losing some weight. Haha!!

Easy to look for porridge there. They even have baby porridge menu but quite ex. Cost about S$10 per bowl. But Kayden don't really like. So he normally eat what we eat. Like rice with soup and some meat during lunch and dinner for him.

Hubby and I were totally shacked out after the trip.. both of us agrees that we chose the wrong destination. Haha!! Did not feel like a holiday to us at all.

Now planning for a trip for just 2 of us nia.

thansk jellypurin. i contemplating of dropping one milk feed, and increase solids instead. now i do

7pm milk feed

8.30 bfast

11pm milk feed

12.30 lunch

2.30 milk feed

5pm dinner

7+8pm milk feed

11pm milk feed

if 3am cry for milk, i wld give.

each milk feed around 180ml. anyone doing the same? you guys dropping off milk feed too?

Pillow, you bb is drinking and eating well! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

My boy's schedule is:

8am Milk feed 170ml

9.30am Breakfast - bread or cereal

12.00pm Lunch - porridge or cereal

4.00pm Milk feed 150ml

7.00pm Dinner - porridge

10.00pm Milk feed 170ml

He eats better when playing with toys placed on the hi chair's tray coz will open mouth more readily. Whenever he sees us eating he will lose interest in his porridge and want our food but coz ours in ta bao-ed, will just give me very little to try.

When he takes other solids instead of porridge while we are outside, he will eat much lesser than porridge and also takes less veg too. That's why still prefer to cook porridge for him whenever possible.

Pillow

was also contemplating reducing milk feed for bb but his feeding schedule is lesser than urs.

7am 180ml milk

930am breakfast

12pm lunch

4pm 180ml milk

630pm dinner

830pm 180ml milk

in the middle of the night if cry 120ml milk

Read somewhere that this age, shld cap milk intake @ 18oz to avoid 'spoiling their appetite' for solids. But i guess if urs is eating solids well, then maybe don't have to? But i personally think its more fun for them to have finger food then milk [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi sk,I think she cried for 1 week too..on 3rd day,when she knew I was away,she could play n eat..but when sh knew I was around,she ll cry non stop n stick with me..so I think if ur gal knows u are away,she ll probably adapt soon..

That time I did think to send her bek instead of let nanny take k of her..

Brut as my hubby said,sure she ll feel scare being with stranger,but later on when she knows nanny is good to her,ll feed her,bath for her,she ll accept her..is true loh..now every mrng when we send her to nanny,she ll even waive goodbye with us..so dun worry so much..cheers!

thanks mummies. look like dropping the mid morning feed is good idea. i want to start her on solids "right" since my #1 is such a fussy eater that i also think milk "spoils" his eating pattern when young.

i am still monitoring. yesterday first day, drop mid morning feed, she was v hungry by lunch and for the rest of the day too (strangely). then after dinner , she drank at 8pm, 11.30pm, 3am and 7am. omg

1st birthday gift for baby girl

Mummies, I know all your babies just had their 1st birthday celebration.

Any one has brand new toy which you receive as birthday gift and you think it doesn't suit your baby and would like to sell them?

I am thinking of buying one for my friend's girl birthday. Budget not more than $15. Can email me the pic and price at [email protected]?

Thanks.

Hi mummies..

Ya guess babies here should be 1 Yr old liao..

Can I ask have any babies start walking already??

Where I can buy those gd soft n comfortable shoes for them to wear?? Any mummies can recommend to me?

Thanks...

Jasline, most of the bbies here turned 1 yr old le.. :) You mean those soft sole shoes.. I think BP have it.. :)

Let my boy wear few times, he walk very unnaturally.. lol~~ But if he is on socks, he walks as per normal.. lol~~~

Jasline: Kayden still has not started walking unassisted but he likes to ask pple to hold on to his hands and walk now. I buy his shoes from mothercare.

ello mummiess,

any of ur babies, start walking.. and simply push and drag whatever things they find..

mine push & drag the walkers, toy tables, toy boxes, shoe box, chairs, and even pillows & baby cot... lol~~~

Ann, at least kayden allows u to hold his hands & walks around.. mine, cannot hold his hand de.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]( damn show off... lol~~

mine only at most 10 steps then will fall dwn liao...hahaha

i bought pediped shoes for him...he can walk quite ok in it..

bb L same as kayden...he will stretch the hand out n sk u to hold..but he very lazi...don't want to stand...wanna crawl everytime.

sometimes he happi he will walk n walk n walk until the leg no strength n pop on the floor.

My gal still can't walk.. Stress! See so many of ur babies walking le. She is still at the standing stage, moving ard with support of stationary furnitures. She still can't walk using push walkers. She is learning to stand unsupported from a squatting position and funny thing is, she is smart enough to only dare to try standing on the bed or sofa! My hubby's family has history of all kids learning to walk at a very late stage, from 17-24 mths onwards! Is this hereditary or what? Gosh.. My arms are breaking from carrying her. Even with the use of ergonomic carriers, I can't take it anymore cos I feel all the weight pulling me from waist down. Now only my hubby uses the carrier. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

sweetkiss,

OMG...i raise both hands n legs to agree on it...my boy worst...

i gt a sprain on my shoulder after carrying him in a sling for 6hrs.

i was thinking in investing on a ergo but now u say also can't relief much...double thinking again...

don't stress lah...mine walk also unstable 1..so i don't consider him as fully walking by himself..more like a drunken walking..

i was still hoping he would walk by himself by end of sept coz we r going to HK le..hope like getting smaller as days goes by..lolx

hi jasline,

my boy can walk fairly well on his own now and on weekends when i go the market, i will usually let him walk on his own but of course with me watching him closely...

i bought him a couple of shoes but those that he can walk quite stable in were See Kai Run from Mothercare and those squeaky shoes from Cerisi! i think in fact, the sounds actually motivated him to walk more till the point that he almost wanna run..but of course, he fell hard on the ground when he tried to...

personally, i think pedipeds are also quite good..just that it's more on the costly side. so i didn't get them in the end...

SK : don stress over for they will eventually noe how to walk in the end.. u stress, bb also follow u stress.. :) now bb is learning to stand, is a starting point..

My boy is like ur gal too.. only dare to stand unsupported on the beds & sofa.. :)

& slowly ur gal will understand push walkers is fun to use.. at first, my boy also don dare to use the push walker.. i try to support him from behind at the intial stage.. Now, he don wan anyone to support him, he will auto use push walker to walk around the house.. :)

Jasline: Can try Smaller by See Kai Run. I got them when Mothercare was having promo. I like the wide cutting at the toe area, easy to put on for bb also. My boy looks comfy walking in them. I bought a Pediped from spree, also good but the cutting is narrower.

SK: Don’t be stressed! Each baby is different. Trying to stand unassisted from squatting position is a positive sign. From here, she will eventually take her first wobbly steps. Before long she will be walking! And that means more trouble ahead!

Hershey: LOL! My boy also a big show off…refuse to let me hold his hands when walking outdoors. He just wants to walk everywhere by himself.

Vernie, babies... hahaha~

but mine still have to walk with assist.. he is so afraid of falling down, to a point where, even when i place him laying down on the cold hard floor, he will cry.. lol~~

Talking abt walking babies!

my bb suddenly pick up walking within few days time slightly after her 1 yr celebration. now just pass 13mths, she is walking so fast (falls at times still) I have to figure out how to direct her to walk the correct direction.

Any bb learnt to come off bed n sofa ?

i nvr teach my bb but she can do it very well these 2 days when i left her on the sofa while i take her melts to feed her, when i turn my head to see her, she is walking her way to me to get her melts.

Beannie: Yeah, my boy also the same. On his first birthday, saw him taking 2-3 steps. Then he progressed to more than 10-15 steps within 1-2 weeks. By 13 mths, he can walk fairly well. Somehow the skill just appeared. But he dare not walk outdoors initially – very funny! He will just cling on to me and refuse to stand on his own. Think he finds it strange wearing shoes.

I didn’t really teach my boy how to climb down from the sofa / bed. Showed him when he was younger, maybe 10 mths old, then after that I never follow up. One day, I saw him climbing down the bed, legs & backside first. Gosh, they learn so fast!

Vernie: my bb also find it strange to wear shoes. 1 week after her bday, attended hb's frd's wedding. bb keep falling off in her shoes. so remove her shoes. next moment she is walking up n dwn the whole places amused everyone who saw her... put her shoes on, she falls again n again. hahaha !

but now she is better walking in her shoes. but still falls... hahaha!

Walking: My boy started walking on his own for about 10 steps suddenly on Monday, so proud of him! Now he likes to go everywhere round the house and trying to open drawers etc.... really must look into safe-proofing the house now.

Shoes: There are a few outlet shoe stores at IMM worth checking out. Some shoes (esp those for boys) are so difficult to put on! So really need to find those that are a bit wider at the toes. Sigh... the ger shoes so pretty and so many choices, can only look but not buy.

bdmummy, same feeling.. can look, cannot buy.. haahahah~~

i teach my boy to come down from the bed & sofa.. coz he alway fall off from bed de.. lol~~ and he super in climbing up the bed and sofa.. hahaha~~ don even need to teach him to climb lorz.. >.<

Mid Autumn Festival

Mid Autumn Festival is coming soon. All the mooncakes coming out. Yummy!!

Anyone buying lantern for bb this year? Would be so cute to see them taking it and wobbling down the garden with it. Haha!!

Going to buy one for Kayden. Hopefully he won't throw it on the floor.

Ann: I'm planning to buy one - those battery operated ones. Then bring him to walk around the neighbourbood garden. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Haha!! I also forgotten about mid autumn festival till I see the durian mooncake BP at the BP section. Started my hunt for food at BP section again. Haha!! Going to order the 717 durian mooncake from BP. Yummy!!

Re: shoes

I got my boy soft sole shoes from Smaller by See Kai Run & Pediped. I prefer Smaller cuz the soles are better & seem to hv more grip. The pediped one, the sole is slippery on some surface. My boy enjoys walking in his shoes, though the 1st time he walked with the shoes, he stood still cuz dunno how to walk with shoes.

But after awhile, ok liao.

Back