(2010/07) July 2010 MTB

Hi suntan..

normally i steam all the food baby eats. because boiling a fruit/veggie actually will cause it to lose the nutrients esp if you have peeled the skin off.

Eliss, I don't work at raffles place area but I'm on leave and thinking of bring bb out tmr to gaigai a bit. raffles city quite near my place, can i and bb join u ladies just to say hi? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

okay DQ! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] can someone PM me their hp no? or how do i find you ladies? i've never met any of you before :p

charliebrown>> he used to have 2, they are little white bumps. now only 1 bump left. the other got pricked by his teeth edging out I think. Nothing to worry about.

Hi Claudie,

I also cant PM you leh. are you sure you want to buy ? i m ok if you can collect at my place. I think there are only 3 sets left. i am thinking to buy one also but just scare waste money again... u send your contact # to my email [email protected]

Hi Pris,

the sterliser already out of order le.

mummies, can someone advise me for bringing BB's food out (e.g. Cereal or purée) how shld we store & prepare them? Put in container and warm it when feeding?

Junie - i dun warm up K's fruit and vege puree. I let her eat str from fridge/chiller bag. I haven let her try cereal yet, think will bring dry cereal out and mix with hot waterr when needed? When she starts on porridge, i hav bought a food jar for her.

Hi mummies,

Having the following items to let go:

2 tins (400g) mamil gold stage 2

Expiry: 17 / 08 / 2012

*Willing to exchange for Similac stage 2

1 tin of Nestle Cerelac Rice (Blue color)

Expiry: 27 / 09 / 2011 - Willing to accept token like baby wipes in exchange or $3

Kindly email me at [email protected]

jasmine: i would like to get a avent blender. May i know is it still available?

Playmat: i have both tessellation & LG playmat. I find that tessellation is more suitable as a toy instead of playmat. I still prefer LG mat, it is definitely worth for money.

Junie: I bring cereal out in thermal mug. I also added in the amt of milk powder I need to the cereal. I also brought warm water out. So when it is time for meal, I just need to pour the warm water into the termal mug and feed kayden. Fruit puree I dun warm but vege puree, I will warm and bring it out. I had never let Kayden take vege puree straight from the fridge before.

carol, thanks! well i think i will get the LG then but no stock! there's another BP selling cheaper than SSW..

Puree: oh can feed fruit puree straight from fridge? i usually warm up everything!!

how long can frozen puree keep?

if i am feeding those jarred ones, can i store the leftovers in the freezer? if store in normal fridge can keep how long?

Porridge: My boy now eat the porridge that my in law cook. Maybe I will try to cook again this Saturday. By the way, do your babies seem more hungry after being fed porridge? Kayden does lei. Yesterday he ate porridge at about 5pm. Then at 8.30pm, he drink milk. At 11.30pm, he also drink milk. Seems like he drink alot of milk yesterday.

oh tks mummies.

now so much things to put in the diaper bag! Milk bottle, milk powder container, sippy cup, bowl, spoon, food jar, etc.

BTW, I bought those 4-6mths Heinz bottled food (e.g. carrot with sweet potato)...I can just bring out & put iny my diaper bag & feed BB when we're outside, right? And keep the rest in a chiller bag?

sweetkiss

one of the jars I bought specified that if kept refridgerated, have to discard within 48hours of opening. So i apply the same to other brands of jarred food. Never thought of freezing them though...

hi morning mummies,

Been awhile since i last log in... My hubby was hospitalised due to swollen muscle and cause his eyes abit budging..

Wow.. was reading the post and relise tat your bb's have tried alot of things.

Currently, my bb's diet is like on Frisocream Rice Cereal and milk only.. thinking of letting him try potatoes / carrot either today or tomorrow.

Can i ask how u gals make carrot puree? Do u peel the skin then cut into pieces and boil / steam it and put it in blender to blend?

Wow seems like i missed alot of outing and would really like to meet up with u all soon.

Morning mummies!! It's been a long time since I logged in here. Been gng thru a rough and hard time wit my life. My health, marriage everything!!! I can write a story book abt my life. Damn shitty! Nw everything under medication. So much stable. Misses all of u all.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] btw, happy new yr to all mummy. This yr our occasion will b spending wit our new member Bb. Cheers...!

May: I peeled the carrot skin, cut into pieces, then use the avent steamer to steam and then blend. Easy to make, bb loves it, but hard to wash as my blender turns abit yellowish..

Now my bb is trying pumpkin. so far ok.. Maybe let bb try sweet potatoes?

Now that bb is on semi-solid, got so many barang-barang to bring out...sometimes i "cheat" lei...just feed milk and skip semi-solid when outside...ok or not? But on weekdays, when bb does not go out, he will have semi-solids twice a day...

hi all mommies! been busy recently...

Michelle: Take it easy & always look on the bright side yah.

Porridge: My ger started on porridge for at least a week, my mum bought special rice dunno called wat 珍珠米 said to be more easily digestible. I added spinach to it! The other time i thought of adding scallop too but think it was mentioned that it might cause allergy so i never add wor. My mum asked to look for japanese pumpkin too.

Ann: wad time was his milk feed before the porridge?

For my girl she has milk 2 hrs after porridge but she drinks lesser. Her usual feeding interval is every 3 hrs.

But if I drag 3 hours she will start to make noise coz she needs milk before her nap!

my MIL tried the carrot puree & it's quite tasteless, hehee. No wonder my boy doesn't like it.

Though I thought carrot is sweet too.

quartzie: I think pearl rice is those Japanses rice. I alo bought Japanese pumpkin from Marketplace. 1 small pumpkin cost me $10. But really very sweet and nice.

Sweetkiss: I also not sure. But I know late afternoon he sure take milk one.

Junie: Carrot puree is sweet lei. Maybe you go for stronger taste when eating food. Normally my tastebud quite bland. Hehe!!

semi-solids: my friend told me not to add milk to the cereal or purees coz the main idea of weaning is for baby to try new tastes. if milk is added, then the milk will mask the true taste of the new flavours. even avocado i don't add milk to it - my baby loves it!

vege/fruit puree when out: i've not done this but i'll take 1-2 jars of puree with me when out (those commercial ones), for convenience. if baby cannot finish, then just throw, don't keep unless your chiller bag is cold enough. Heinz/Gerber food jars once opened, must refrigerate and discard within 48hrs

no worry if you skip purees when you're out coz at this stage, the main idea of starting solids is for the taste and texture, not to replace milk

junie, carrot puree is sweet woh. i tried Gerber - think they use baby carrots? my weaning spoon is now orange! haha

Ann, K's hungrier after porridge because rice is mostly carbs? carbs burns faster than protein. it's like the flame from a match stick vs. a candle

michelle, hugs!! every cloud has a silver lining [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Eliss, don't think it's a good idea to pre-mix the cereal. i don't know about HappyBellies but with Healthy Times, the cereal will turn watery after a while

May: I did not add milk to carrot puree or the pumpkin puree. Cos already got the water when the food is steamed.

Junie: I have tasted the carrot and pumkin puree, nice lei..hehehe..but I think the brown rice cereal is yucky.

michelle - yeah jia you! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

carrot - even my baby's shit is orange! haha.. and have hard time scrubbing his bib!

Ica - interesting point on not adding milk. So you add water to the cereal?

baby sleep - how many naps do your babies take nowadays? And @ what interval? Mine seem to be transitioning to 2 naps a day... or rather he simply refuse to take his first nap until at least 3-3.5hours after his awake time in the morning.

ica : for me, i had added 1 scope of milk for the 1st few feeding, there after i will not add le.. But luckily galen is anything... add or don add he also eat... C:

Claudia : galen will take the most 2 nap in the day time, and 1 nap in the nite before he slp for 8 to 9 hrs til next morning... C: interval very variety de... sometimes 2 hrs, sometimes 4 hrs... nite nap is the most 2 hrs..

Claudia: Think when bbs grow older, they will consolidate their nap time. My bb has skipped his morning nap too, then will nap from about 12 to 2pm, then later from about 4 to 5pm. At nite still slepping for around 10hours.

Lesser me time I guess..hahaa..

How many times are you feeding your bb with solids?

claudia, yup, just water to cereal. the 1st time, i added milk, thinking that it's more nutritious that way. then after talking to my friend, i added water and when i mixed the cereal, it smelled yummilicious - like very fragrant rice porridge. with milk, it smelled kinda fishy. kind of make sense not adding milk

hershey, good that Galen is not choosy. i think my girl is also the same - got food will eat. she takes to plain water with the same passion for her food. my mom tasted the avocado, said it's tasteless but my girl finished 1/2 of an avocado yesterday and that was her 1st time. yesterday was also my mom's 1st time tasting avocado. haha

charliebrown, oooh, my girl's napping schedule is similar to your baby's but she still naps after her morning bath. i call them her power naps. lol

ica: my bb has passion for his food too, but not so for plain water..haiz. How much plain water should they be drinking per day now, since they are on solids already? I even have to spoon feed him water sometimes. He used to like the magmag cup, but now I think he hates it, cos he realises everytime he bites on the spout, got water come out! lol.

quartzie: cold storage also sells japanese pumpkin...

puree: yeah, like ica, i also dun add milk to veg/fruit puree (other than avocado) and let bb taste the food...oh, carrot taste sweet lei...bb likes it...

just now i went to Marketplace while waiting for the other mummies. I saw Gerber fruit puree jars. They have prune/apple/pear/peach as baby first food.

Prune also can huh?

Sweetkiss: I have tried papaya. Kayden love papaya. He will keep looking at my bowl to see if still have or not everytime I feed him with the spoon. Haha!! Jonas (aka Cheese) done the papaya puree for me. I think she just blend it like that.

You buying the LG\Parklon mat ah? I am thinking of buying 1 lei

eliss: hmm...maybe can...come to think of it, prune good for poo-poo...so if bb has constipation issues after taking rice cereal which is supposedly heaty, take prune puree to counter it??

Carrot puree,

I just made them n tried them last nite. Yucks, I dun like the taste :p I prefer eating carrot itself w/o blending. Hopefully S likes it.

Sweetkiss,

Tried papaya puree before. Don't need to steam . I just blend a bit n give to S. He loves it n it helps with his poo too.

Eliss: Ya.. Prune also can. I intend to puree that for kayden's next fruit puree. This week trying pear puree.

ann - i couldnt get pear at NTUC the whole week. Today is my dotter's last day of carrot trial. After that she got no other fruits to try liao. will have to let her have the cereal lor....

BB poo VS carrot

Not sure if I mentioned here but Keila had problem poo-ing when she had her carrot puree last few days. We tried giving her more plain water, had gripe water, massage her tummy, apply telon oil/ruyi oil all wont relief her. Then she had a day break from carrot on Monday cuz my MIL said she got no time to feed her. On Tuesday she soiled her diapers 3x consecutively, massively smelly and sticky!

Yapyap, me same as sun tan - nv steam papaya de.

BB J give me that kind of face when he eat papapya.. he only eat for 2 feeds.

Now starting corn puree

ica- ok i shall not pre-mix the cereal cuz tomorrow my BB will be trying on the cereal and was thinking if i should premix b4 bringing it to MIL place. Looks like she needs to do it herself.

how I feed for cereal cuz now I feed on puree she can have it 1.5hr after milk feed??

Back