(2010/07) July 2010 MTB

Hi Jo_Lyn.

I am now 8 weeks 4 days. Really hope like you say... spotting will stop when i approach my 2nd trimester.

Do update on your scan. So excited for you. Take video. My hubby also take video. Haha!!

Babies clothes

My friend told me that's this factory outlet for kids wear in Toa Payoh Central. Very cheap clothes. Will ask her for addy and update here

Hi gals,

Went MIA for a while becoz i have been not feeling well. pukes more and giddy everyday. Experiencing lower back ache recently too. hopefully MS will be gone once approaching 2nd tri.Last gynae checkup was last sat when i was in 9 wks 3 days. baby so far growing well and measured 2.90cm upon scan.

I never had any morning sickness till now. Constantly nauseous and puked once in office. But i think that was because i forgot i was no supposed to and ate porridge with a raw egg cracked in it!

Till now, my boss does not know i am pregnant. I only joined my company in July this year and i am afraid they will terminate me. Moreover i am under a one-year contract because my company does not convert staff to perm till end of 1 year. Do they have to right not to cover me for my maternity?

sweetkiss - does your contract state you are eligible for all kinds of leave like perm staff do?

Sweetkiss, like wat ecym say, some contract staffs do not have the same benefits as perm staff..better check.

My next scan is 2 weeks away... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] cant wait..

Hi Ann, went for my scan today and went shopping. Baby is at 37mm now (10weeks). Din manage to catch my BB move. Shall wait for my next scan! Hee..

I will be gg for the Oscar test in another 2 weeks time too. Hope everything will be fine...

I wonder did all mummies go scanning each time visit the gynae?

Each scanning can cost $50-70 i think ..

My first scan i did at my hubby hometown in Malaysia cause i dont know i was pregnant, i actually wanted to get a pill to regulate my menses. So when the doctor did a scan on the tummy, she said i am pregnant rougly 6 weeks. The pill was out of qns .. I paid RM$25 for a scanning ( free 1 print out scan picture) & consultation.

My scan scanning was done at KKH 24hr clinic a week lateras i had some blood spot. Vigina Scan more accurate so doctor say bb ok I am 6 weeks pregnant rather than the LMP date i gave her my bb was too small for it. I paid $80plus exclude hormon pills total it came out $150 plus...

Than 3 weeks later i went to Johor wit hubby. HAd a bad sharp pain when i walk. So went to see nearest gynae clinic. Scan plus consultation I paid RM$60 including calcium pills and folate acid. BB was ok.I am relief... This doctor gave me another appointment on 09 January 2010 for a scan 12 weeks BB development.

So for now i think i will go to malaysia gynae first for normal check up. Unless urgent than i will walk in at KK 24hrs clinic.

Till about 5 months that will be march 2010, than i will booked a gynae in KK for my check up and till birth of bb.

Sorry to intrude... I'm from Jan 2010 MTB thread...I have extra Duphaston pills (for pregnancy hormones support) to exchange or let go cheaply. Expiry date is May 2013.

Also have extra folic acid to let go cheap cheap or exchange for bb items. Expiry date Feb 2012. My bb will be due in 3 days' time.

Interested, please pm me.

Hi Siti.

Going to malaysia is cheap but not really very convenient. Travelling time is quite long right?

sweetkiss - An employee on fixed term contract, temporary and part-time employment is entitled to 12 weeks of maternity leave, if she satisfies the eligibility conditions under the Employment Act or 16 weeks of maternity leave and the eligibility conditions under the Children Development Co-Savings Act. If she is eligible for paid maternity leave, she will be paid at the gross rate for each day that she would normally have been required to work under her contract of service.

(Source: http://www.mom.gov.sg/publish/momportal/en/communities/workplace_standards/employment_standards0/Maternity_Leave.html#entitlement)

If you fulfill the conditions under the Act, your employer have to extend the maternity leave to you.

Good morning everyone. Hope your day will be a good one today.

Hey girls.. especially those 2nd time mummies..

I would like to know is it worth to buy the pregnancy support pillow/bolster (unsure what you call it).

I realised that when i sleep, i try to sleep on my left hand side (It improves the flow of blood and nutrients to the placenta and it helps your kidneys efficiently eliminate waste products and fluids from your body. That, in turn, reduces swelling in your ankles, feet, and hands) instead of my back.. but in the end..i will always end up on my back.

Even if i put something behind my back to make sure i dun turn and lie back.. i will still end up doing so.

Just wanna know does the pillow/bolster really help and how much does one cost and where i could get them.

ann

yes, i din regret getting mine when i was in taiwan. the pillow is v useful, esp when u grow bigger! mine doubles as a bf pillow too [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

i love boppy pillow ( i hope i spelt that correctly)... cos it is really nice to hug. i think some atas maternity store like mothers work sells them. they shd retail around $100-150 in SG. internet cheaper but not worth bringing in due to shipping.

Hi Jellypurin.

Thanks for the information.

I think I need to go get one already. Is it heavy & bulky? If it is then i think i will go get it when my hubby is back home from overseas.

You bought those cuddle pillow or full body pillow?

Ann, I'm also interested in getting one... why are things in sg so expensive??

Jellypurin, how's e boppy pillow shaped like??

Siti, think with the new rules for petrol in malaysia, it would be tough.

Jellypurin, Ann, got any website or link which shows the pillow?

The Comfort U one look very nice.. but if i put that on my bed.. hubby might be squeezed to the corner. Haha!!

Yo Linda.

How is Kiki & Prince? Hope they are doing well.

Jellypurin - Atas maternity shop is where? U think paragon have?

Linda - Take care of your dogs so long.. gave Kiki a bed and a toy.. still dunno who I am. Hehe!!

Hi Noknok.

Of cos talking about dogs. Haha!!

Ann>lol how i know i will spot u here!! congrats!! both u and noknok same mth due date ar? But ann u`re further along than i thought wor! btw she selective memory one lorh.. she pee everywhere except the toilet.. faint den i put newspaper at the spot where she pee then she will avoid it

Linda - I think Noknok and me due date different ah. No la.. not so further along than u thought i were.

Jellypurin - Ok.. maybe I give them a call later. Thanks.

ann> of course different, i mean the month.. then u how many weeks now liaw

afternoon ladies, just popped by during lunchtime to see how are the mummies.

Jo_lyn, you're doing the oscar scan as well.. Hmm, I'm doing it this Sat. *Excited*

Tummy started showing abit esp at night. So far, no one in my office knows I'm preggy except cleaner aunty who heard me vomitting in toilet.

Linda - About 9 weeks. But my tummy is showing big time despite me not eating much.

Hi Jellypurin, Noknok.

At Mothercare, they do carry a few brands including Bobby pillow. But Bobby pillow is not the full body support.. just a cuddle pillow.

The price range from $89 to $175 like that depending on what you are looking for.

They also have outlets at Tanglin Mall.. maybe can go see see when i go take injection on Saturday.

Ann> when i was around 7weeks, i show liao..*early i knw*.. but i also nv eat much.. maybe genetics or something? but tat time i very skinny.. haha must be rislin gave you baby dust tat time i came over :p

bb_Gen, ya my Oscar scan will be on 29th Dec. Excited too! Just hope everything is well. My tummy is also very bloated by night time. I hate it because now is like cant wear back my bottoms. But if i buy den is like too big too. Dilemma. Usually at night if i need to go out, I will just wear dress. Haha...

Jo_lyn, our bb will grow well and healthily. still have bad morning sickness.

I went to buy a maternity jeans skirt last week, no choice as I cannot squeeze in my jeans anymore (bad for bb growth) Guess I have to start digging out my dresses too for my last pregnancy.

bb_Gen, i wish ur MS will faster reduce and eventually go off ok? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Pray for u. For me, no more vomiting, but still feel neuseas sometimes. Look forward to year 2010 and have a healthy baby!

Wah.. Ann... tanglin mall and paragon very far for you leh.. you better dun walk over man.. unless ur hubby send you there.

I'm more interested in the U pillow leh.. hee... can conveniently kick my hubby off e bed.. haha..

Jo_Lyn, are you bloated in a way keep wanting to burp??

Noknok - Ya.. think most likely will take a bus from orchard mrt. Better than go great world city.. seems further to me.

Noknok: Yaya, i keep wanna burp but hor so hard to burp out lor. Fed up sometimes. Yesterday my scan, doc say i got alot of gas inside. But i guess there is nothing we can do right?

My friend asked me to drink gassy drink... healthier one will be 100 plus.. she say that's what her gynae asked her to do last time.. I tried last night.. quite effective.. able to burp out easier. Maybe can try.

Back