(2010/07) July 2010 MTB

Ann- i oso not sure cause that what i heard but i think it should be fine..e most important i think is they are growing.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]and e gynae say its fine den it should be fine [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] so far ur gynae never comments anything abt BB weight right?

Me will be holding the full mth at home - invites relatives n close frds..now staying with inlaws so cant have major one due to space constraint..

Serene

cos I afraid my MIL say patang to do 2 times man yue for bb...

We might hv more than 100paxs (including kids and adult)if we invite all our friends, relatives and colleagues together and do its all at once... super crowded and chaos.... no sufficient seats...

some may suggest into 2 diff timing.. but it is very diff to control crowd... some may not wan to go off early... usually relatives still wan to continue chatting...

when friends and relative wan to talk to u also difficult wif the noise level and we might be also busy with other stuffs and can only ask ppl to wait or entertain them later...

sun_tan, i experience something similar- only inversed. when i lie down on my right, she kicks on the left. i find it very amusing to see my tummy move. my husband saw it for the first time yesterday and got so excited. hehe

Yvonne -- speaking to ur MIL and let her know ur prob and see what she say lor.. most imptly, old pple happy.. esp during such occasions..

Hi mummies,

I am letting go of my pumps and some confinement stuff as need to make space for my girl's things. Pls PM me if interested in any of the items.

1. Medela Pump in Style Advance (Backpack)

- Condition 9.5/10

- 2 BRAND NEW unopened SoftFit breastshields

- 2 BRAND NEW unopened membranes and tubes

- 1 BRAND NEW unused manual pump

- 1 removable cooler bag with cooling element

- Adapter

- 2 bottle stands

- Local warranty until Oct 2010

Letting go at only $450 (retailing at $750). Condition of pump is perfect as I only used it at home and for less than 3 months. The breastshields, valves and membranes are also unused and still in their original packaging as I reused them from my Mini Electric.

2. Medela Mini Electric

- Condition 9.5/10, used for only 2 months

- Pump unit

- Adaptor

- 1 BRAND NEW unused membrane

- 1 bottle stand

- UNUSED local warranty as I did not send in the warranty card

Letting go for $100 (retailing at $200).

Giving away with pumps (Used but in good condition and thoroughly sterilized):

- 4 Medela 120ml bottles

- 4 Medela bottle covers

- 2 valves with tubes

- 3 boxes Lucky Baby Contour disposable breast pads (BRAND NEW, unopened)

3. Warming Shampoo for confinement

BRAND NEW, unopened Warming Shampoo from Little Dreamers

“This warming shampoo was created for mothers who wished to wash their hair during the confinement month. Made with pure essential oils of Lemongrass, Ginger and White Camphor commonly used in Chinese Medicine tradition to warm the body, this wash will limit the exposure of 'wind'. Lemongrass, Ginger and Camphor are known for their relaxing & warming properties. This shampoo also contains pure Canadian Honey, Calendula Flowers and Shea Butter to further moisturize and soothe your hair. Enjoy! Note: To be used only after delivery and not during pregnancy.” For more information, http://www.littledreamers.com.sg/catalog.html

I was using this shampoo and loved it. Bought a few bottles and now left 1 bottle, letting go at $18 (retailing at $20.90).

4. Pure ginger cream for confinement

This Pure Ginger Cream aids to get rid of sturborn wind especially in the tummy afterbirth. It helps to relieve body pain especially shoulders, back and joints. May be use during pregnancy to relieve backache pain or joint pain. (Avoid the tummy during pregnancy). It also acts as a slimming cream.

Benefits

Eliminate stomach wind

Slimming properties

Soothes body and muscles aches

Aid in indigestion

Reduces swelling, bruise and sprains

Helps in Rheumatism

Helps in Arthritis

Relieves Numbness

Suitable for : Pregnancy, AfterBirth, for Elderly People, for Daily Normal Usage

I bought it from a BP in SMH. They are now having another BP: http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/3770790.html?1269526057

I’m letting go for $10. BRAND NEW unopened 80g tube.

sorry side track abit, how do u mommies keep the scans of your bb? I thinking of getting the adhesives photo album and stick them inside. Anyone come across nice ones? Been looking ard and seems that all those nice bb albums are those pocket style ones.

bengawan solo

Cash voucher - $5, $10, $20

-- no discount

Full Month Cake Vouchers

Cake Variations

$6.80, $7.50, $8.80, $16.80, $18.80

Discount 10% off over $150

Variety of cakes -- http://www.bengawansolo.com.sg/cat_baby.aspx (please see "cake only")

How it works for cake vouchers..

1. Choose the cake which u want to gift to your guests

2. When ur guest goes to bengawan solo, s/he can buy the cake indicated on the voucher OR buy anything worth the value of the voucher (e.g. $6.80)

Expiry : 1 year

Vouchers can be purchased at any oulets.

Pillow>> I'm intending to order online via the US website.

http://www.baby-gifts-gift-baskets.com/Baby_Shower_Favors.html

Serene>> The most common full mth cake voucher I received is from Bengawan Solo. $6.90p/cake and recipient can choose 3 different kind of cakes of the same amt.

Ya, gd idea to just buy a box or 2 of cakes & put in office for colleagues to eat, hehee. Cuz I dun intend to invite my current colleagues. Wait if invite this person, never invite that person, not nice.

I heard from my friend that the gynae didnt give any print outs of the scans from 28 weeks onwards. Cos the bb grew big already & can no longer see the whole torso already. Gynae can only zoom in on the body parts... So sad cos my last checkup forgot to take pics from my gynae. The only pic with my bb's torso is her 14week scan. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

mrslong -- the lady told me that not only choose other cakes... any other pastries also can.. as long as add up to the value of the voucher. if they bought more, then they jus need to top up the diff

sweetkiss : huh no more print outs of scans from 28 weeks onwards!? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Serene>> I see. Ok, tks for the info. Dun care lor..just give them the voucher, what they want to do with it, it's their business, hehee.

serene,

Tried scanning, but it turns out too dark. Cant really see anything. So what i do now is to take a pic of the scan. But the original scan i tot of pasting into the album and since its "covered", should be able to protect the colouring.

Serene>> wah! you're super fast

Full month celebration: i've received quite a few Begawan Solo vouchers from relatives and friends. i find them quite useful - can exchange them whenever you like within the validity period.

at my current office, my colleagues will come back to office personally to give the celebration packs but only to those who have given them gifts, with baby in tow. previous workplace, colleagues will just buy 1 big cake for the dept to share

baby is not even out and we're planning for full month celebration oredi. hahaha...not easy being parents; so many headaches and worries [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Atomickitten>> no la, i think the fortnightly will come later. my fren who is oredi 7 months is not on fortnightly visits yet

suntan>> will fade only is the pics are exposed to heat or sunlight. you can try those books with acid-free pages from that specialty book outlet - can't remember the name but they have one at Raffles Link, just before the exit to Marina Sq. Just use double sided tape, i suppose

ica,

Its like that. Cos during confinement, i dun think we have the strength (mentality) to think about such stuffs. We will be feeling so tired and not to say hot and irritated..lol..

So how many of you have decided to bathe during confinement? I think i will die if i am not allowed to bathe!!

ica - i think the shop you are refering is PRINTS?

suntan - me...me... the 5 of us (Noknok, DQ, Jaclyn, Jaya and Yvonne) were discussing this on our gathering...

sun_tan: its only last week that i learnt that after delivery we will still have bleeding like menses.. how can dun bathe!!! so unhygenic! wonder how long lochia last?

sun_tan>> i will definitely bathe and wash hair, too. how can tahan? my fren said after giving birth, we'll feel even hotter - maybe due to confinement food. just blow dry hair as soon as done

oh, just remembered - one colleague gave packs by partridge pear. but the food that they inc. i dun quite like it but i like the baby pic that came with it. another collegue, ang moh, just came back to show the baby and gave out a thank you card with pic of baby on it - self made but very pro-looking.

Bread Talk

Cash Vouchers -- only $10

Expiry - 3 months from date of issue

Discount is only avail when u order from corp sales depart. please pm me for email add if u are keen...

$500 - $1000 = 5% discount

$1001 - $3000 = 8% discount

Cake Voucher - $12

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/3792520.jpg]

Expiry : 2 mths

30 - 50 cakes = 5% discount

51 - 100 cakes = 10% discount

Cake Voucher can only redeem the cake above.

Butter, Butter Raisin and Choc Flavour only

Steps to Order

Email the corp sales person --> she will get her finance to do up the vouchers --> vouchers will be sent to the nearest outlet at your convenience

Payment by Visa/Master only.

Take note: Discounts not avail when u order from outlets directly.

atomic kitten

me too! i also have the throbbing sensation. got me worried @ 1st abt my pelvic floor muscles! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] then realised maybe baby kicking. i think our next detailed scan is @28wks right?

sun_tan

i intend to bathe with herbs then quick dry then stick myslf into aircon room! my hubby & i at first tot to check into service apartment for 1 month so i wont perspire!! lol .. but then decided maybe too much waste of $$ after checking ard for prices! hahahah

Ann,

For swimming I will oni go on wkdays when pool is almost empty and I head for the safra pool instead of the public ones cos dun wan to invite unnecessary stares. But to do tat, I will ve to take leave lor…

At least yur hb plays along wif u, when I grumble abt mine, hb will simply asks me “wat do u expect since you’r preggy, so quit whinning....” think since tis is #2, he also bo chap liao….LOL!!!

teh koh,

wow, tat was fortunate. So u had a natural for #1?

Sweetkiss,

Dun worry abt size of bb now cos they will all catch up when they are out.

I m sharing this from experience. I gained overall 8kg for my #1 and she came out very small at 2.4kg but by 6mths, she weighs in at 90 percentile compared to her peers in both height and weight.

By the same token, a gf gained 22kg for her #1 and her bb came out at 3.6kg but by 6mths, the bb weighs in only at 50 percentile compared to peers.

So I m now not worried tat much abt weight of bb so long at birth weighs 2kg and above, can avoid NICU can already. Don’t worry k? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

ica

i got the partridgepear one before but then i think it maybe too angmo for the older generation type of our families. but i like e pic on card lah [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

shower during confinement -- whats most impt during confinement is the head and the tummy. what i did was to use warm water to wash after every toilet visit.. the "menses" is called lochia.. we will need to use the antiseptic wash to clean the wound everytime. so i do all the lower down washing when i change pad or pee..

i shower every fridays at 12pm with herbs that u can buy the sachets at hock hua at $2 per sachet.. boil it with water.

after the normal foaming and washing off with water, then i use the herbs water to wash it down my body. actually a lot of pple jus bathe with the herbs but i think its not enuff for me.. lol.. so i did it a notti way..

the herbs hor, leave some to rinse ur wound. it helps me at least to dry up the wound fast.

sun_tan>> forgot to add about the scan pics. if they are printed on thermal paper, then yes, exposure to heat/sunlight will make them fade. but if printed out on good quality paper, like what we use in office, then no

cos for my detailed scan, my gynae printed on good quality paper

oh ya, on normal days, i will take rice wine + hot water to towel clean myself then poweder bath..

ladies.. i know its unbearable.. but i have heard sad stories of mommies who have probs when they dun take care during confinement.

jus for that 1 mth.. jus loon..

and the rice wine thingy works.. seriously..

lower body must wash but with warm water..

atomickitten,

It should last about 4 - 6 weeks, depending on individual.

I have frens who tahan for 14 days before bathing! Imagine if we are latching our bb..yucks..with smelly armpits..lol...

hael,

I heard that the herbs has a smell and are quite sticky..so me still considering if i wanna use the herbs or not.

ica,

sigh..my scans are all on thermal papers, thus wana laminate also cannot..

I just happened to read this ytd: http://www.thomsonbaby.com/Article/Chinese-traditions-and-myths-about-confinement-1.aspx

My MIL said i am NOT supposed to wash hair for 1 mth. Can only bathe with herb water once or twice a week. Vaginal area can clean daily. She said no matter wad cannot use tap but boiled water with herbs & to minimize contact with water.

She also told me i cannot bathe the baby during confinement BUT i have to handwash my own underwear. cos to her it is unlucky to ask ppl to wash our underwear.

Anyway i dun give a damn.. Reasonable rules i dun mind following but some ridiculous ones i will just ignore.

suntan -- hmm.. if u dun like the smell, put some lemon grass in when u bring it to boil. this is what my MIL does. it also helps to remove wind.

sticky, not for me.. cause we put 2 sachets with a BIG pot of water.. lol.. not sticky to me la.. but hor.. we will sure powder ourselves.. wont feel that bad..

if u wanna have a feel of it, u can also try buying a pkt and wash ur hands or feet? u can ask the herb shop.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

but i really feel thankful theres such thing on earth.. lol.. if not.. 1 mth also cannot bathe.. this thing gives us excuse to shower lor..

sun tan>> oic. only my detailed scan pics are on good quality paper and the NT scan pic as well coz it's a diff machine that gynae uses - more advanced. the rest also on thermal paper. and i only get to see the rest after i deliver

sweetkiss -- thats why pple wear disposable.. and hor.. not say 1 mth la.. but at least the first 2 weeks dun touch water..

wash hair can.. with the herbs nia.. then must blow dry ur hair.. if not the "water vapour" (water qi) will go into ur head and u will have headaches frequently...

all water including drinking water must be boiled, warm/hot..

seriously, i didnt believe in all these at first.. until i went to acupuncture and saw this woman at her 30s and she say her knee joints are hurting her cause of the "wind and water".. she jus completed her confinement 2 mths ago and she start having headaches too..

another good friend of mine also had the same thing.. and she only get to "Salvage" the headaches and backaches when she did her 2nd confinement.. first confinement she didnt listen...

actually mommies, its only 1 mth nia.. jus loon lor.. but my grandma told me that 2 weeks can bathe bb liao.. cause she say.. kampung days.. where got time for u to wait for 1 mth.. still need to cook for the whole family.. she say.. 2nd week she go out and feed the pigs liao.. lol..

I cannot imagine not showering @ all, especially if we're doing post-natal massage. Do the wrap will be very hot & massage oily leh!

I think I'll bath every other day with the herbs.

mrslong -- my massage lady tell me to shower first then massage... after massage cannot shower.. so i use rice wine to clean up.. she uses oil and non greasy cream. for me, i ask my massage lady when i shud shower and stuff beforehand and she will advice me..

Serene>> our babies so kelian - we can't bathe them for 1st 2 wks...

on drinking water, i heard that we can only drink red date + longan tea, not plain water woh...

RE: Shower during confinement

i got the herbal shower foam from Little dreamers & shower up to twice a day during confinment. hair wash at least once a day when i had my #1. so will be doing the same for my #2 tis time round, no further discussion with MIL will be entertained.

obviously to my MIL i m being stubborn & not listening to all her good "advices" against no showers, etc but thank god i ve my hb who stands in with me on tis cos my gynae told him i ve to shower daily if not will pass all the bacteria to bb while BF-ing. so he told his mum tat i die die must shower if not bb will fall sick. my MIL bo bian although totally upset lor. but heck care. i was more fed up wif my SIL (hb's elder sis) who is our age range and who had 2 kids. she came by and commented tat i must not shower for a mth, no hair wash for a mth and must be fully clothed up in long pants and shirts as she did during confinements. end up kenna suan by my hb saying no wonder her hb need to separate bedrm wif her cos she was too smelly! LOL!!!

not forgetting my massage lady will wipe away all the lotion and powder me on the areas she massage except the wrapped portion.. if we shower after that.. confirm enter wind. and tummy also wont go down..

ica -- ya.. milo, red date drink.. i request for no sugar so that i wont get thirsty easily. some days, i will ask my hubby to sneak in hot water for me..

crystal -- its really up to each individual. our nipple will have a layer of protection to ensure that theres no bacteria also.. my friends cleans up their nipple before bf-ing/pumping

crystal: I like this "no further discussion with MIL will be entertained"

Will the massage lady massage on the chest? Later got massage oil there must clean b4 BF..

Back