(2010/01) January 2010 mtb

manunited

nt sure...bt def below $10.

megan

i see...mine is 2 yrs old, still request to be carried.

your son can help u take care of meimei/didi =) thk he will be very proud to be a big bro!

ya...now he always say he big boy liao...cos he knows he is going to be a kor kor soon...when I vomit or nausea, he will know how to rub my back and ask me whether I'm better

Megan,

I was still tinking how many yrs diff I shld have my nxt child.. Now hearing ur story.. I tink 4 yrs is not bad.. at least #1 is more sensible..

melody, but if nearer gap they will be closer...mine actually too far oso, cos now my son got no playmate...compare to those who has 2 yrs gap

Hi everyone,

I'm also feeling very tired didnt get to sleep well.. backache nowadays when I wake up.

Peachy> Nvm 9 days more to seeing your baby's heartbeat! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Melody> I also having scalp problem!I tot its just dandruff but those anti-dandruff shampoo doesnt work. I had many hair flakes so scary but its lesser now. I started using Klorane for gentle scalp -only better slightly. I tot pregnancy only causes scalp to be oily???

vanillaberry

thanks!

hey..i also have flakes in my hair!!! and my scalp is super oily as well. dun thk flakes equals dry scalp. coz i gt both =( Klorane works for u? mm..thk i shld try it too.

melody,

sometimes can be quite out of hand too...now they can also sense it...so at time they are vy sticky and wanting attention

Phew so I am not the only one with hair flakes! I got it from Guardian.. recommended by the pharmarcist. Ard $15. However I don't really like the smell plus my hair feels oily still. I alternate it between my other shampoos to prevent more flakes.

Hi Peachy and Sherry, thanks for your advice, I will go try Spring Maternity since I work around Tanjung Pagar MRT..how much is the one at Spring?

ET, I also think so...

Anyway, I'm 10W3D now. For most of you at the same stage, your nausea is clearing up... mine seems to be just starting up. but still no MS yet. Why do I feel worse and worse these few days?

C.Yang,

U r not alone.. My MS starts at wk 8 & its getting worse.. i tink it depends on individual bah.. dun worry...

hi all, just came back ..been out the whole day..my hubby accompany for the check-up * we 2 like blur sotong looking at the u/s screen of our bb heartbeat..so funny ! 1st time parent (*_^)

develyn, kkh had councelling service for the down syndrome test ..i took package B (scan & bld test done on same day) no need to waste my time and according to the councellor termination under singapore law is 24 wks but it's best to get all test of doubt done within 20wks.

klorane shampoo is made of plant extract and smell very nice ..i use the peony shampoo and pomegradate conditioner..another brand is sebamed PH balance for oily and itchy scalp

talking abt oily scalp, i realised im dropping alot of hair these days. anyone also dropping hair.

I remb having e same prob after i gave birth to my no.1. Doc says was due to some hormone changes prob.

hi all, i haven't been posting here for a while cos there were too many posts!

melody, peachy :

read about hair problem - i also have scalp problem!!! recently was at salon and the person kept nagging abt oily scalp etc, but i didn't like the way he kept pushing me to do scalp treatment. Can we do this scalp treatment while pregnant?

will try the shampoo Klorane. hope it can help. my hair can get quite itchy... sigh!

megan, your son's so sweet to talk to bb. I told my 3YO boy but he didn't seem to understand about bb in my tummy.

I had scalp problem too previously but after scalp treatment and oil ctrl shampoo I "recovered" but now its back! I dun have flakes but its small specks....irritating me , tink need scalp treatment again.

Am in week 10th too this week but my MS is always in the evening. I cant have dnr sometimes! It ain't any better.....I talk to my bb n ask bb dun bully me, ha!

Hi

have got the following for sale:

Frisomum @ $10 (good for pregnant mum)

Similac MuM @ $15 (good for pregnant mum)

Nan 1 HA for infants @ $34

hey Sherry,

am very happy for you...your post makes me smile real wide ;o) (my hubby must hv thought that am nuts smiling by myself!! ;-D )

prayinghard> hehehe thanks.. after hearing the heartbeat, it will another stage to pass thru my 1st trimester.

Anyway, gynae advise me not to travel.. thus am giving my BBK trip a miss..

Bride 09> its usually not advisable to travel during first trimester. 2nd trimester is ok cos BB already stable in your womb..I will only be week 10 when i go BBK...plus now there are increasing cases of H1N1.. so to play safe, better dun go...

firipy

mine also...now my MS is lesser and more of ES...once reach home, will run to toilet to throw out...but only water n air...if not dun think I can eat dinner...

i never has MS...oni ES sofar..now slightly better,try toeat ard 5+.then wont eat anymore..unless really hungry, then i will grab a apple

sherry>glad your bb is fine. now, I'm getting anxious about my check tomorrow. :p Maybe you can ask your mom to help you get stuff from BKK?

LSnTYL> hehe thanks.. no worries, yours will be fine as well.. I do not have any symptoms thus is a little more anxious [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hahah mum not gg.. only hubby, brother in law and 2 other friends gg... Guess have to rely on hubby to buy.. still tot of gg there to get some cheap maternity wear..

Sherry,

Happi for u.. u can fang xin now le.. & look forward to the nxt gynae visit.. probably the nxt visit, u could see bb waving at u..

morning mummies...

long time no pop in here... hv been feeling yucky thru the weeks, sianz... jus wen to see doc yday to get vomit tabs n gastric tabs...

tink all i need is bed rest... tired man...

Melody> thanks dear.. next visit will be 1 mth later and doing my OSCAR test as well [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] hahaha ya, hopefully will really see BB waving..

Bride09> hmm, think he will still proceed with his BBK trip. Probably will see if we can take some time off to travel during my second trimester [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Bride09> think they are the same...

This is a collection of fluid under the skin at the back of a baby's neck. It can be measured using ultrasound when your baby is between 11 and 14 weeks old. All babies have some fluid, but many babies with Down's syndrome have an increased amount (Snijders et al 1998: 351, 343-6).

A nuchal translucency (NT) scan is a screening test which assesses whether your baby is likely to have Down's syndrome. A screening test can only estimate the risk of your baby having Down's, whereas a diagnostic test, such as CVS or amniocentesis will give you a definite diagnosis (but also carries a small risk of miscarriage).

The NT scan can't tell for certain whether your baby is affected. However, it can help you decide whether or not to have a diagnostic test.

ohh found this from another thread:

Oscars is always done at 1st trimester. It consists of NT scan and blood test.

melody: i doing it next mth [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Morning all!

Been some time since I logged in. Been busy with courses and was nursing a mild cold yesterday too.

These days I've been gagging when I'm brushing my teeth. Groans..I really hope I'm not getting MS when everyone elses' is going away....

Don't feel like coming to work, but there's just so much to be done.

Next Monday I'll be going for gynae's check up - maybe I'll ask for 1 day rest then

Had KFC Twister meal for breakfast. Yummy!

Sherry

Hey, BKK is a haven for baby items!!

Have you heard of this place called Bobae Tower? Omigosh, they sell clothes (the types they sell at John Little) at super cheap prices!! I remember last time I bought a set at that place for SGD$8+ and I saw the exact piece at JL at $15.90!

Plenty of other stuff, but most at wholesale e.g gotta buy 12 pieces to get a good price.

I wish I could go back there again.... to shop for baby stuff. But then again, I'll just use stuff from my 1st one for the 2nd one

Back