(2009/07) July 2009 MTBs

etirto
i see edna upp teeth looks big aso!!
but i rem someone(was it muffingirl?) told mi that the teeeth look big becos their face is small.. when grow up like few mth later teeth wun look so big liao..which is quite true on my neohew.. he use to hav bugs bunny teeth when teeth jus sprout LOL

Dr Regina
Associate Consultant
Obsterician & Gynaecologist

She in A clinic.

That time, i request to private suite but Dr regina not station there, so i stay at A clinic with her.

I dun know if she new at KKH anot but her experience is excellent. I viginal deliver, i think my cut only have 1cm.

Hehehe, just to share my story.. (grandma story)
Sorry!

pinky
jus curious... i tot all the episotomy is 1cm or so onli? got cut alot one???!?!?

sunsweet. edna's godma gynae fr kkh sems good.. let mi ask her for the name. not the famously known one but nice n patient as i was told..

Pinky,

If at clinic A, you choose your gyne or its ramdom?

Does she scan for you everytime you visit her? Do you have to go to the pharmacy to queue for medication of its dispense at the clinc (like in TPS)?

When delivery she's the one who checks on you and delivered your baby without and medical students?

how long is the waiting time there?

Sorry fo asking so much cos for both my kids i visit the both my gyne at TPS, not tried other clinics before.

hbb,

my cut less than 1cm, i can slow walk around after i deliver. My friend deliver last year at thomson, her cut got 2cm that what she told me. She say her gynae not that good.

Sunsweet,
I choose my gynae not by remdom.

Scan not done everytime of visit. She will only check BB heartbeat and nessarry requirement.

Medication need to queue at the pharmacy but usually very fast1.

When delivery, she the one who check on me without any medical student. There will be a staff nurse stay with me.( Like check BP, preparation.....)

Waiting time sometime 30min to 1hr. (when you are waiting, you will be asked to do urine test and BP without fail for every visit.)

If your sis in law want to choose private suite of cos the service there is much better than those clinic and the waiting time is shorter but the medical bill is higher than clinic fee too.

Hmm.. she have to see which one really comfortable for her, we only can give suggestion
happy.gif

Pinky,

I'll share with her the info you've provided.

and its up to her to choose base on her budget.

BTW your delivery package is classic or premier.

I think for my case is Snr Consultant so can only take Premier package.

hbb,
i not too sure but my husband beside me say he saw doctor got cut leh... hehehe anyway it over le.

sunsweet,
estimate $50+ to $280.00 (depend your gynae got request you to do any test anot.)

BBethan,
my collegue wife also cut near to anus due to her bb very big.. i heard the bb she deliver 4kg.

re: Episotomy
I think how big is the cut largely depends on the size of baby, probably not so much on the doc. Doc cut longer will have to sew more, probably => more incentive for the doc to try to minimize cut.
And during one birth talk I attended, it was mentioned not performing episotomy might be worse as may tear worse and need to stitch more. At least episotomy is a controlled cut

gina

haha, totally understand where u're coming from. My SIL did that too and I was so super pissed with her. Even though her son is having fever, she will still bring him for the gatherings and allow him to play with my children. And it's not just once, but a few times. My gal caught a fever from him on CNY's eve and we had a miserable CNY coz of that.

i really getting a bit annoyed with mama21. her response is so slow. by the time she replied, more books get oos. i'm thinking of cancelling the order.

Hey dino-mum, guess what? When I took y to pd that day, they weighed him and he was only 7.55kg, so still below 8! And i kept thinking he's at least 8 as he felt so much heavier when I carry him! :p

chiyojade
7.75 is heavier than edna!!! OMG haaa
edna is stuck at 7.6kg!!
yes she feel much more than that! dh say she look like 10 kg LOL

re: bb weight
how much should we be aiming for huh, mummies? 50% to 75%? bon is 8.5mo & weighs 8.4kg (73cm height), doc said the gain is too slow.
actually, it's more impt to be healthy ...

the virus is bad, v strong. my boy has been down since last thu (fever + flu) and now his voice is hoarse from all the coughing = ( visited the doc the 3rd time today. clinic was so crowded w sick children, aiyo

mummies do take care too & drink more liangteh. the weird weather is not helping

for our bb right now according to my pd the weight gain will slow down as compared to previously cos now they shld increase in length instead. i tink so long as 50 percentile shld b ok? i tink edna falls ard tat area.. she is neither too big nor small.. thou mayb short LOL
ya more impt is they r healthy..weight n height is comes 2nd... so long as eat n sleep + poo well.. i tink shldnt worry too much

tks chiyojade and kim for the tips on pasta!
now the pasta is no longer sticky and Mia is taking them. yipee!

mummies, do u all still steam the apples before giving yr babies now?
today during JG class snack, they serve honeydew and this Mia refuse to take a single mouth. she haven't even taste it how she know not nice huh??
other than the usual apple/pear/banana/papaya, like not much other fruits to give...

Dino-mum, Chiyojade,
Look on the bright side. Lighter babies typically more mobile =) My 9.5kg one just only starting to push herself along on her tummy to chase after Happy Puff and remote control. 8.5months liao still just only like to sit on her fleshy butt only. makes me worry if she's developing slowly. ANyway, she's still stuck with only 1 tooth after more than a month. DOn't know what to make of her....

lamagier, hahah...don't worry la, MR is very lady like compared to Naomi! when she start more active/mobile then you will miss the time when she was only able to lay down and stare at you...
So long I never bring Naomi to pd to weigh, yesterday I made her stand in my weighing scale (not digital), she's about 8.5kg liao. She can never join the ballet class with dino because of her thunder thigh. Haiz. how to wear tutu.

Etirto,
Think I may start miss it soon. SHe's now starting to want to 'climb' all over me when I sit down with her on my lap. Haiz. MR joing Naomi in the thunder thigh club. I mentioned to the husbad that MR looks a bit like 'sauage dog' Short stubby legs....

TJE, bb ethan,
Sigh, I'm going to collect books this evening. Urg. Gotta triple check when i collect. She's really slow in replying!!!! She told me to collect today yet she hasn't even got back to FOZ about her orders!!!

Hi!

Yes mama21 is so annoying to order from. Not ordering from her again!

Re: percentile
You must understand how these percentiles are "created".
Basically if you look at the health booklet percentile charts, right at the bottom, there is a study quoted where they got these figures - by the Health Promotion Board if I'm no mistakened - I don't have the booklet with me now.

Basically the study will have a certain big number of babies in Singapore eg 1000. And they collect info of these babies - how old they are, weight, height etc. Then they make the chart. 25th percentile means than 25% of these 1000 babies (250) are at this weight and height or less.
75th percentile means 75% of the babies (750) are at this other height and weight.
It's just a rough guide.

There is nothing to aim for.

It's like saying you have size 5 feet and you wanna aim for size 7 feet hahha.

If you are big like my T, so be it. If you are small so be it. As long as the dr thinks baby is healthy - that's all.
My T's size just amuses me everyday. LOL.
But big babies don't mean that they will be big sized adults and vice versa.

Don't fret the unnecessary things!

i bought the foodmaker set, there's different brands available (Eg: Pigeon, Lucky baby etc) I think they are all about the same. The set can grind, grate, mash etc etc
3858346.jpg

Lamagier - I think MR will crawl soon especially when she is trying to reach for something she wants! It's an incentive!
T started crawling when he was on my bed trying to reach the fan & hifi remote controls. He is now crawling all over the home & occasionally trying to stand on his own.
Legs still as big as ever!!!
Big babies can be mobile also.

Thanks for the info muffingirl =)
Yah, don't think I'll order from mama21 again

A PD at a baby talk I went to said no need to overly worry now too. You'll only reach your full 'growth potential' after adolescent.
My colleague was telling me how his very tall baby grew up and became the shortest boy in his primary 2 class.....

lamagier, find something to encourage MR to crawl!
for Mia when she started, we realized she like to crawl ONLY if we stack UP her stacking toys! she like to crawl over and topple the high stack. we keep repeating that, till now she is crawling EVERYWHERE. yesterday crawl into the toilet to find her bathtub...faint.

Lamagier, actually you better take whatever you can take tonight, it's good enough. I don't think mama21 has even notice about FOZ's order! sekali later all our books gone liao. Btw, can help me grab 3 pcs of any the Dr seuss books for me? just COD, I don't have mood to add additional order again from her. Thanks!oh ya, btw, do you still have the link of the other bp book seller (monica)? I think she's more reliable, although the price bit more expensive.

MUMMies! there is book sales at one shop at B1 Forum shopping centre, called Twinkle Thinker or something like that. all books on 40%. I went there today. Managed to find only 1 Eric Carle board book but very happy already since it's very rare... And got so many other nice books for less than $10 a piece. Barney, spots, Thomas train, etc. Toys go for 60%. It's a good buy. Hmmm...feel like coming back tmr. rather than so stresfull ordering book from bp liao.

TJE/Muffingal, the dr seuss books from mama21 is the paper back?

Etirto,
I didn't manage to get FOZ's orders from mama21.

Below is the previous book seller's link. Gemini19.
Haha, we go support her then. Got 3% discount for returning customers.
She told me she's a July09 mum as well. Just nver post her but pop over here to read from time to time =)
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/3833308.html?1271313312

TJE,
Wah, you starting library for Juen? The lady organising the above BP has a lot of Eric Carle books, but more expensive compared to mama21.

sunsweet
can check wif my gynae, dr irene chua. she is the supervisor at clinic a or somethin bcos i nw switch to work in singhealth and always see her signature on the leave application.
she operates at private suite. when i was preg she was preg too. she gaf birth abt 3 weeks after i gaf birth and even then, she still put my legs at her hip and encourage me to push.
very nice doctor, and after birth she still remb me by name

HBB,
I didn't manage to get the green egg and ham =( So sorry.
Managed to collect your orders from wreen. Such a breeze ordering and collecting from her by comparison

hbb, I may ordering dr seuss box set from amazon, it contained 5 first book that we should own from dr seuss. it's on sale. but apprarently i think it's more for toddler, no?

tje, I told you to order more eric carle books. The very hungry caterpilar is a MUST. there are little holes on every pgs and Naomi like to stick her finger into it. Like when I read: "on Monday, he ate through one apple" then she stick the finger into the hole in the apple. so cute. if you want to tompang order from amazon let me know, it's about US$7 or so (diff to find here nowadays). eh but the other bp seller, gemini, also have that caterpillar book if I'm not wrong, but make sure it's a board book. board book is better for their stage. only about 2.5yrs old then they can flip the paper book nicely without tearing it. don't know y I'm so crazy about books nowadays. books like eric carle cannot be found in library. the other book I like is the Spot series. I bought 2 yesterday from the bookshop sales. the sentences are simple and picture is nice. oh ya, there is some books that come with re-usable sticker, that's quite handy to keep them occupied (e.g. in the restaurant). they can stick and move the sticker anywhere in the book.

Mummies,
Need some help.
I got friend who's pregnant and looking for a female gynae. Any recommendations?
I recommended her mine, but Doc Yvonne is full for the period which my friend may be delivering.

eric carle - i didnt know they wre so many variations of hungry caterpillar. i bot the one with pop up memory board, v cute and supposed to help bb with memory game, but the story book is paper and my bb keeps tearing it up.

Back