(2009/07) July 2009 MTBs

bbethan
i bought the purple one.. avaialble at kkh pharmacy
wat i do is buy more at 1 go hehe
the class 1 hour jus right... 45 min might b a bit too short in my opininion cos liek v rush but i duno if thg r same anot thou

i dun even dare tinkof part time maid cos it b a waste of moneys icne dh standard v high..eventualy he still gotto clean the hse all over again =(

<font color="119911">Kim</font>
Still upset with hubby?
Thanks for your comments abt the article, but I ain't no PhD, I wish! I wrote the article when #1 was 10 months old. Times flies, she is turning 3 in the blink of the eye! I agree to a certain extent with <font color="119911">Etirto</font> that girls are seemingly more responsive to such classes than boys are, judging from the classes I have been to, but that is not always the case. I have seen boys who responded more than their counterparts, each child is different mah...<font color="119911">Etirto</font> my #1 loves the arts &amp; craft segment in JG, I would say there was only once she refused to participate, which is when she has to step into a container with paints to feet-paint the mahjong paper on the floor. And yes, the mommy-interaction time is priceless, till today, I still keep in touch with several moms that I got to know in JG, another important support network.

If 6 months on, I can also offer my place for playdates, since I should have stopped work by then. Most of our kids should be seating up by themselves. Oh what fun! But my place is not near MRT/bus stops but I can always give a lift to those not driving, nearest MRT is but 5-7 mins drive away.

<font color="119911">HBB,</font> still at war?

<font color="119911">BM</font>
Mine is def sweet.

<font color="119911">Babyethan</font>
Sorry to hear about your issues with your MIL, I hope it get sorted soon. For now, just turn 2 blind eyes lor...next time I will share with you how bad my experiences were with my ILs when we went to Europe for a holiday. It was the single worst trip I every took.

foz
yes still at war w edna today... sianzzzzzzzz
latch her also dunw an drink now.. i tinking is it she miss the aunties n sinseh at yuguo! must go bk tui na is it haaaa

babyethan, market rate for part time maids ranges from $8 to $12 per hour. Usually they will specify min. 4 hrs.

Quite a lot of moms in our group stay in the east and central region huh?

Kim, can you msg me ur address again? Just change my hp and realise my stored msg are gone.

hmm, seems like most of you are bringing ur bb to classes..Do u think my ger will like swimming class despite she kept crying during bathing time?

For the bb massage, are the bb fully clothed or naked? Didnt read the earlier post on massage.

Im staying w PIL too but luckily my MIL is ok but my FIL kinda spoil my ger by carrying her most of the time. Now she get so used to being carried that once put down on mattress, she will start screaming..then i got to make her calm down by givin her pacifier..ugh..

eh, im at west leh, hard to join if got gathering at east..

Oh, didnt see abt the bb yoga..what is it like for them?

My ger also start playing w her saliva these days, kept seeing bubbles ard her mouth and rubbing her mittens all over face. Recently she tried to lift her head for a few sec when put her on tummy....

haha, HBB, i just keep quiet loh, that what my MIL say when my ger did that..as long as she dun comment anything bad , i just bo chap..

hey girls,
wanna ask u all sth.. im tendering my resignation letter dated on the last day of my ML but i gotta pay her back one mths pay.. can i ask if i needa pay her back w the cpf? or jus the gross salary?..
my boss keeps asking me to stay but i jus keep saying no ones looking aft Jav.. but the fact is more to i dowan mil or own mum to look aft..cos sure bound to have conflicts..

Mrs C, i agree with HBB..must ignore.. i oso do tat..every sat / sun wen pils come over n see Jav, mil will nag n nag.
the funniest thing, shes actually got a facebook acct, added me n wadever i post she will make comment to me personally wen she comes over to my place.. even the videos i uploaded.. like the one Jav has hiccups, she told me don let him catch a cold.. shud dress him up aft bath straight.. if hes cold he will haf hiccups.. BLA BLA BLA.. i cannot stand it leh.. den for the whole few hrs shes here she will keep nagging n repeating this same issue over n over again. *pissed* den sometimes wad i wrote on my wall, she will go sms or call my hubbie n ask y i commented like tat.. eg. i call Jav my lil monster.. nt even for 24hrs aft i posted the thing she immediately jus sms my hubbie n ask y i call him monster..n i shudnt do tt. =\
i cant imagine if i pass Jav for her to look aft.. i tink ill go bonkers instead.. i rather i sacrifice my job to look aft him myself.. =|

Playdates..
wah..its going to be fun with so many mummies n babies tog.. imagine all our kids grow up tog n mite becum qing mei zhu ma ... haha.. Jav chop chop Edna first. hahahaha..=X

Saliva..
Jav has been drolling like dono wad.. n he will play w his saliva with all the bubbles n blow them out of his mouth.. sometimes wen hubbie carries him, he'll go n spread all the saliva on daddys shoulder..haha.. poor daddy.. recently i realise Jav loves to put his head up staright wen we carry him over the shoulder.. n his whole back n head can be v v straight like 90 degrees leh..n he refuses to sit down nowadays but wanna stand.. even in bathtub, he don like to sit but will kick n try to stand up with his legs.. he'll last abt 1 min or more, tired den will rest den stand again..

Hi Etirto,
Would like to join for the bb massage class too.
The morning class on Saturday is fine for me.

Re:baby massage class at birth and beyond
1.Etirto
2.Pinklilies(Sherryl)

jess
if i'm not wrong it's just the gross salary.

wow... yr mil got FB acct? what if u delete her from yr friend list? then she can't see yr postings anymore, right?

if we all gather n talk abt all these mil issues, never ending topic. luckily mine is not bad in her mouth as in not those naggy type. if so, think will quarrel already.

Re: Saliva
looks like im not alone. Kim, im having the same thoughts too! if the bubbled saliva will cause wind. lol. seems like we r all having new issues to deal with.

jes
a MIL with fb surely sounds more troublesome. >< my mil/mom also always tellin me shh, you cannot say this, you cannot say that when i dun even understand wad ive said wrongly. comon, baby is mine, would i wana curse my own bb?! zzz
ive read somewhere in a magazine, bb like to 'step'. this will stop when the body is too heavy for the legs and reappear later ard 8mth when they are starting to learn how to walk.

bbethan, I don't mind on weekday afternoon, actually it's better for me as saturday is usually a family day, but again depends on what majority say lor. I will call up again tmr, I think just now the lady said weekday afternoon anytime is ok as long as we can form our own group. How about Bell, you are not working ya? Sherryl?

Hbb, the sale is on B1 Talking Hall, so it;s not everything in the kids department. disc mainly are 30-60% (the 80% is "up to" 80%). I've just back from taka, took bus with bb bjorn, raining somemore. haiz! Nothing much to buy for baby gal. There are lots of nice tops for toddler boy and men. But I think online price is still much cheaper during sale. So end up didn't buy anything...

Kim, it's ok...don't worry...it will be a hassle for you to come up just to fetch me. I will be coming from holland vi, my GF told me bus 61 goes to telok belangah heights, but still need to check out the map which part it stops.I will figure out how to get there. If the food heavy then I will take cab lor.

bbethan, just call up B&amp;B again, weekday afternoon is available. How about every Monday 2pm? Bell? Sherryl? who else interested ah?

etirto,

For me,,i actually prefer a sat..hmm,,as hubby is able to come along.if on a mon,he is working,and i gonna be alone bringing the bb..is not a problem for me,jus tat if bb gets cranky and will be busy handing her and miss out some parts of the massage.

Maybe can check it out wif the rest of the mummies?

Hi mummies,

Sorry to interupt. I'm a Feb mum.

I have 3 swimming sessions from Hwa Xia to let go. My baby has outgrown the tub so would like to sell off the balance of my package. 3 sessions at $52. Usual price is $28 per session without package.

Pls PM me if u r interested.

wah,jes ur mil quite trendy w FB account..

Eh, my ger keep throwing out water (or isit saliva?), is it norm? I notice that she will choke at her saliva in the morning at times.

Jes,
No need to pay back cpf as your employer will not pay cpf for you after your last day of service. If you have unused annual leave, can use it to offset also.

Etirto,
I prefer weekend but tomorrow got something on...need to settle the infant care issues as I'm going back to work in Oct. But if you have enough ppl for tomorrow, please go ahead. If you all decide to start on another date, pls let me know
happy.gif
BTW, can I have their contact number? coz need to check with them what's the fee for twins.

Re: Infant care arrangement
The infant care at my workplace have 1 vacancy available in Oct. Because of the staff's discount, I'm going to put one of my babies there...save me at least $500 per month :p However, another baby will be at another infant care...headache -_-

Hey mummies,

Just wanna check when do u all intend to stop letting bb use mittens? My boy is 7 weeks old and my mum was saying to remove at 2.5 mths.. she say if use mittens too longm bb will be used to clenching their fist which is no good.. my concern is removing mittens will cause him to scratch himself.. what do u think?

Bbethan,
I understand how you feel... my MIL is staying with my hb and me too... she is helping me to take care of my bb too. There ought to be some disagreements...when staying together. But no choice... have to give and take lor. Ren is the word

Hi Etirto, i also need to discuss with my hb first. Will prefer wkend too for the bb massage. If my hb happens to be on duty, at least my mum can accompany me. Can i know when is the start day? Sorry if i missed your earlier posts.

HBB, but Kaelem obly past 2mth... He "mature" so fast manz..

FOZ, not upset anymore, think he read my last post and this am, he helped wash up som bottles. But my boy today unusually difficult (dunno if b'cos I praised him too much ystd @dnr), kept spitting up, changed 5 outfits, 3 bibs, only massage 1.5legs, bb einsten but no tummy time.. now cry until I had to hold him in my arms n fell asleep (I m also sleepy...) I think we girls not matter what we do we put our heart to it while boys tend to just tidak-apa attitude.

BBEthan, I pay my PROC cleaning lady $10/hr for 4-5hrs each time.

Jes, if you should not get the salary, u are also not entitled to the employer's portion of the CPF. Wah, u ks mom, if u chop edna, I hope the rest of the July bb girls wont mind to date my Kaelem when they grow up.. I hope ur MIL not reading this forum, cos non-member also can read our posts. You can delist her or deactivate your account for a while, tell her it got hacked.. My PILs also has FB, only when my friends comment that my hb gotta get involved in housework n I should go relax then MIL will post something to "defend" her son, but very subtly.

ETirto, 61 dun come here woh..

MrsC, just noe K also spit out clear liquid, not sure if it saliva, but I din feed him water that time leh.

Tinklebellx, HBB removed Edna's mittens at 3wks I think, I got K's off at 6wks. you just need to be careful to trim bb's nails often so they wont scratch the face badly, a spot or 2 is ok. Here's what my MIL has to say, and all mom with MIL issues, here's what my MIL wrote: I have a request of you and Jason. Please remove Kaelem's mittens. Everything I know as a mom, teacher, and now grandma tells me that he needs to be opening and closing his hands to develop those very tiny muscles he will be needing for later developmental skills. Also, at this time the brain begins making many sensory connections regarding touch. Kaelem needs to also notice his fingers and begin grabbing for things to develop other sensory connections necessary for language development and motor coordination. The sensory connections regarding touch are very important and the distinction between textures is very important as well. I have tried to not say anything but just can't keep still any more--especially after being awake most of the night thinking about so many things. I hope you won't think I'm meddling but I really feel I need to say something about this. I also cham right? I used to think, she was a teacher, my SIL a doctor, then I cant be the mom, but then, when I take it in diff light, take it as if she was begging, then it' aok!!

just to add, I prob will quote this to K's wife one day too, who knows right? our MIL also hv issues with their MIL before, but those things they told us may well be from their MILs..

kim = alamak, for a person who din want to say much, your MIL is sure saying a lot. :p seriously, i think she's right, i better take my bbies mittens off now. they're 10 weeks plus, still wearing.... cos of my stupid MIL say look nice to wear, and i stupidly dint disagree

etiro - i'm gg back to work, starting next week liao. dunno wheather i;m making the right choice, but i need to build up my nest egg for retirement, and twins expenses is not cheap. hope to retire in a few years LOL

kim

i tried taking off my gal's mittens. End up she pulled her hair and screamed like mad. sigh. She didn't know how to let go. It was actually quite a funny sight. How ah? Continue letting her pull her hair till she learns her lesson? Oh, she also woke up a few times in shock from the pain as she pulled her own hair subconsciously. My boy didn't even do that when he's a bb and i managed to take it off by 1 mth.

Mashy

This happen to Julian too. There are a few times after bathing, he would he pull his hair not knowing that it is painful then started screaming. Maybe i should just cut his hair short so he will not be able to pull his hair.

Btw, can those who have facebook add me? My email address [email protected]. Wanna see pics of your little ones.
happy.gif

Thanks BBethan n Beverly n Kim for the info.. ya, i'll offset my leave too..i tink oni a few days left..haha

BBethan n Bell,
yah.. really funny rite? i got a shock wen i saw tat she has a FB acct.. im like..WTH? i didnt wanna accept her, but think abt it.. i have to. cos if nt she'll be asking me y i din add her or ask my hubbie i sure no excuse one.. SAD. =(

Kim,
haha..ya, Jav n Edna got 'electricity' liao.. hahaha.. tink its their screaming n wailing tat brings dem tog..hahaha.. dont worry la, i tink all fighting over yr Kaelem.. he's so handsome!.. in case all want to b wif Kaelem.. Jav book 1 first..hahaha at least he got someone to b in luv with..HAHAHAHA
eh, yah i did tink of like deleting her or sth but im sure she wld find out rite? like y suddenly cannot see me n stuff.. =S ltr go complain..haha.. i do agree with u abt the next time we mite do tt to our sons wife.. haha but wen we r in the 'wives' shoes we dont wish to let it happen to us.. but wen we r in the 'mil' shoes we know wad we say is for their good..haha

Tinklebellx n Mashy,
i removed wen Jav was abt 6 wks or so..
Jav oso pulled his hair n refused to let go... but i jus let him go w/o mittens.. esp nw he actually loves to suck his fists, i dowan him to suck the mittens till its dripping wet.. i tink maybe u remove it slowly.. maybe for a few hrs first den slowly increase more.. i oni put on mittens for Jav wen he slps at nite cos we slp in air con n im afraid it mite b cold for him..=)

Kim,
same as Kaelem.. Javier is being v difficult today too.. hes been crying n crying.. but wen i played with him this morn n noon he will smile back.. but late noon onwards hes been crying n refused to slp in yao lan..which he normally wont really reject much.. i wonder isit the thunder tat scared him tis noon as there were abt a few times where the thunder was super loud.. nw he rufused to slp alone.. its either i have to carry him.. or wen hes in yao lan i gotta place my hand on him n pat him.. he will hold on tite to my hands n if i pull it away wen hes asleep,he'll get startled n wake up crying again.. i cant seem to do anything prop today jus haf to keep him accompany..*sigh

etirto
my hubby gave the green light. we prefer weekends though so he can go too. certain weekdays afternoon is fine too. let me know when it is confirmed.

i have yet take off my boy's mitten. cos it's lunar 7 mth, not suppose to cut fingernails. so his fingernails are v long ><

Re Mittens:
Eva has never worn them at all and while she loves to touch her face all the time, she has never scratched it either, even though she has long nails. I'll trim her nails whenever they grow long but otherwise, no mittens...not even in air conditioned places.

Jes: I guess he's probably frightened from the thunder. Some babies take more time to settle down. Just be there to comfort him and offer him some form of security. That way, the next time something scares him, he'll feel more confident about tackling it by himself.

Kim: She sounds genuinely concerned so just write an email back to her thanking her and take it slowly from there - if your baby is not used to going without mittens, it'll take a while for him to accept having his hands bare.

Thinklebellx: I added you - hope you don't mind.
happy.gif

Bell: Not supposed to cut??? Eh, why ar? :S

Tinklebellx/kim
ur mum/mil is VERY right bout the clenchin of fist part... nephew wore mitten for 3 months.. later on he got prob opening n closing his fingers n thumbs.. i tink i mentioned it before in this thread... at 9 mth he onli can move his 4 fingers.. took us quite a while to educate him that thumbs can open up too... quite worrying.. tat is y i decided to remove edna mitten at 2 to 3 weeks.. despite when i go out friends/relatves/strangers keep sayign i SHOULD let her wear mitten else scratch face blar blar blar.. say mi till im a super lousy mum.. initialy i sitll v nice tell them mitten bad for the fnger dev.. later on i piss liao.. i jsu tell them.. bb skin delicate..but also recover FAST so nvm that she scratch ehrself..
so many tiems edna became harry potter's sister (scar on forehead heeh) i also like tat.. sim tia lar but wat to do.. like i mention their skin heal v fast.. if jsu a scratch w no bleeding.. 3 to 6 hour it will fade off.. light bleedin 1 to 2 days.. mye dna harry potter scar took 3 days!!! somemore is bleed till at nite int he room w no lights also can see! i tell myself to ren ren ren.. cos i wan her mobile skin to b good.. nvm bout the scratch so long as not life threantening!!!

mayb cos i remove her mitten early tat y she suck her thumbs now ? hahaaa sianz.. is it a mistake? LOL

kim.. ehh edna start drooling fr birth! so kaelem not that early aso haa
my pd was equally surprise that she drool early but she mention some bb do hav mature glands earlier.. same as the tear duct which she already hav since birth.. in hosp already crying w tears!!

Etirto
Can count me in too? I'm working every Sat 'til 1pm, so could onli join 2pm session. But again, depends on majority lar..

Re:baby massage class at birth and beyond
1.Etirto
2.Pinklilies(Sherryl)
3.LS(perline)

Hello,
I'm a July mom and am new to this forum although joined earlier.
My boy is 6 weeks old now and I wanna ask when (how soon) do you usually introduce tummy time for your bb? Thanks!

Hi MBaby,
When my girl's cord fell off just right before her 1st week PD checkup, he told me I can put her on her tummy for 20minutes each day.

mei
aiya, cos mil and mother pang dang abt the ghost month la. cant bring him out after dusk (mil even didnt wan me to bring him out at all) and cant cut fingernails lor. ya..

gina haa u v funny leh...
loud pooper haaa
ya last class le..hope e kids cn tk grp poto!
edna will miss juen mei mei! n all e didis!

I can see quite a no. of mummies having mils prob. I dun stay with my pils but they suddenly turn up today after going mia for 3 wks! I can understand how bbethan feels now cox now my boy finally has a routine set and here they are, turning up and trying to do all things in their own way. Recently i hav tried yaolan for my boy in the daytime only when he gets out of hand like screaming non-stop. But my pils actually wanted to put him in at all times no matter he fuss or not...which i dun wan him to develop the habit of rocking to sleep.

Haiz...now i m still considering whether i wan em to help to take care of bb for a mth when i go back to work next mth. Really scared everything goes haywire when i come home.

Jes, your mil is very IT-savvy! Thou my pils dunno how to go online but they strictly forbid me to even share my bb's pic online which i dun understand why....saying that his pics are all very private &amp; shd not be published. But i'm only sharing with my contacts and not everyone wat. Is their grandson and shouldn't they be proud of him to be shown around?? Sometimes i really can't understand wat they are thinking...

Mummies returning to work, can you fit into your working clothes? I can't fit into all now and doubt i can do it even 1 mth later
sad.gif
How to go shopping alone with my boy when i still need to try clothes before buying..chiam.

BBethan &amp; foz, u all managed to fit into your working clothes mah?

Gina, my dresses and tops all are tight fitting one when i wore b4 preg. Now i cannot even squeeze into it...think will tear at the sides
sad.gif

Jes: What to do? My friend used to tell me that her boobs have become pacifier now. And I agree. Sometimes when Eva has had a tough day, she want to nurse non-stop at night before going to bed...aiii... At times, I think she sees me as one big milk bottle!

Bell: OIC. Am a Christian and my mum is not very pantang about ghost month. MIL? She's angmoh and not the meddling type (coz my HB will scold her - LOL!).

Re fitting into pre preg clothes:
Aiii, I lost count of how many pants I threw away because my hips expanded (and it ain't fat). Tops can't fit me anymore coz my boobs are bigger (not necessarily a bad thing) but otherwise, all is okay. The one thing I hate hate hate is the stupid belly flab I have.

On top of that, I went through c-sec so I can't start exercising any time soon - have to wait for doc's approval and all. The last time I weighed myself, I had 3 kg left to go but I still feel...ugh. And then my dad...doesn't help the situation. Always like to say that I'm fat now, need to go on diet and etc. My mum will scold him and ask him to shuddup coz I'm BFing, I shouldn't diet and etc. T.T

Ai, what to do? All for Eva so I sometimes just tell myself to let it be and do the best that I can. :/

OK, looks like our bb massage class gonna be on saturday as the majority requested. It will start on 26 Sept, saturday, 3pm.
1.Etirto
2.Pinklilies(Sherryl)
3.LS(perline)
4.Bell

Beverly, Bb Ethan and Kitty, please confirm asap as there are only 2 places left.

Kitty, when you want to go shopping ask me lor...heee...then I can help you look after your boy when you're trying clothes. Alternatively, you can choose the big fitting rooms. usually that's what I do, just bring the stroller into the changing room.
25th next fri is metro 20% sale, anybody has idea whether the mothercare will also be 20%disc? Haiz! why is these sales never stop? heee

Mrs. C, are you the one who bought from diapers.com before? they have promo, 1 pack for $19 only for Goon, anybody want to organize this spree? because only with $80 spend then can get free delivery. If you all don't mind I will go ahead to start one.

Morning mummies!

Yeah Etirto, i was talking to my hb when he was sleeping. He jus nodded hahaha...hope he dun regret when he wakes up later. Count me in!

1.Etirto
2.Pinklilies(Sherryl)
3.LS(perline)
4.Bell
5.Kitty

kitty
yea jio mi alogn when u go shopping i dun mind helping u out liek Etirto.. rem at marche we help each other too =) hee
jia you!

gina
i am vain too.. im sooo auntie looking now arghhh always in elastic pants.. sobz...

twinkle.. haa scarli ur boy surprise u today! anywayur boy is cosndier small mah.. so hor he gt reason to cry..edna so big liao still cry =(

Jes, I share your sentiment, I think Jav is feeling a bit insecure yesterday, hope he is better today cos it's massage day! K finally fell asleep before 11pm, and KOed till 7:30, then bath &amp; feed him, now back to lalaland! Hahaha!!

Mei, ya I did, I do appreciate her thoughts, just that the word bothers me initially, I felt pressured by the words teacher, parents, grandparents. K was really not used to being bare in the beginning, he clenched his fists so much, now he is doing great with those hands! My MIL also angmoh, my SIL was the one to tell her to "back off" but she still has says.. cos she sometimes has better parenting advice than my own mom. One few things is although we are both Christian, we do have differences in our practice, e.g she likes to use "lucky" while I always thought it's not that we are "lucky" but because God was there. My church believe "Luck" has alot to do with Lucifer the fallen angel and our enemy, and we should not give credit to them when good things happened.

HBB, I like your way of handling Edna, cos for sure I know u wont "spare the rod, spoil the child", if we keep protecting them from scratching their face, then we are not making them grow right, just hv to weight which is more important.

MBaby, same as Sam, after the cord drop off is safer. I dun really count the duration, I put him about 1-1.5hrs after his feed, then only remove him when he show sign that he had enough.. Sometimes, he fell asleep..

Gina, great, finally got a Kawaii who likes my loud pooper, he is indeed loud, so mommy knows to change him.. I hope he doesn't kiss loudly, scares the girls away.. I was told usually about 5-6mths before we can really fit into the pre preg clothes.. those fit it earlier are those fortunate ones..
I think calling her own daughter or daughter-in-law stupid is not very nice as an elder. No wonder some mom has the blues. I am car seat advocate, I just dun want to see anymore accident to happen to children who are not buckled properly before their family sees the importance to buckle their kids (like the school bus incident), why?!

Kitty, to make things ez for them, for sure they'll put him in Yaolan full time.. then when you tavel, you'll have problem.. I am slowly training K for our trip to USA, decided to fly via SFO to avoid the crazy LAX. Take SQ cos got electrical power point at seat for my pump in case, cos I haven charge my batt.

Back