(2009/07) July 2009 MTBs

kim,
Wow kaelem can sleep for as long as 7.5 hrs or more during the night after FM/EMB??
Tat was very gd?

For my Adelle,normally I feed her at 11pm,after 3hrs say 2am,she will be up for her next feed,but the problem was she will keep her eyes close,yet making lots of sound..So since is almost time for her next feed,i will latch her when she make so much sound with her eyes closed.

Was thinking,shld i jus let her sleep thru out,no doubt she let out noises which indicated that its time for her next feed.

Coz i heard that,so long as bb didnt cry for milk no doubt is already the next feed,and wif eyes closed and noises made,let them sleep till they cry?

Coz wat i normally did was when i heard noises made,eyes closed when its time for milk 3hrs after FM fr last feed,i will change her diaper,and start latching her.
Am I doing the wrong thing?

Kim,
ya.. Javier oso! so happie!! at least we can see its working on them ya!

HBB,
haha.. good lor! den lil Edna can slp w the sun liao!!..=D i oso massage Javier everyday nw.. one day twice.. aft his bath time n aft cleaning up in the evening.. cos he wld be naked den easier to do..haha.. so nw got routine liao.. but he damn funny leh.. i owaes do arh.. he keep toking to me den seems to b enjoyig himself.. n each time i finish the last set on the leg, once i finish.. he start frowning den cry.. -_____- weird leh.. nw im thinking..he wan somemore isit?..haha

jes ya edna also make sound n smile when massage haa... guess they like it lar!

sherryl f bb no open eye u might wan try pat back to sleep.. might work..
edna open her eyes one! the momnet mipple or bottle popinto mouth she will sloooowly close bk eyes n go to sleep while drinking
tsk

Eh, anyone using baby pouch? Which is better pouch or sling? I find that sling abit hard with the ring, got to adjust. Thinkin of buying the pouch, anyone got any review on that?

sherryl,
Honestly, I don't know how long it really lasts cos Joie has been on a 3-6-9-12 schedule since 2nd week. She's rarely gone past 3hrs, only when she's really tired. Otherwise, I'm always expecting her to wake close to those hours. From 2nd week, her FM feed progressed from 60ml to the current 100ml, there hasn't been much shift to that schedule, except dropping the 3am feed.

So as to how long does FM last? It might be a conditioning issue until the next growth spurt comes along to up her intake.

Mummies, any opinions on which is better in terms of cost and value for money - Raffles Medical Clinic at Tampines One or Tampines Polyclinic?

Ohyeah: I don't really go all out to extend Eva's feeding intervals. She had always fed at 3 hours since birth, and I follow her cue - if she doesn't show any signs of hungry (sucking her fingers/hands and rooting), I won't feed her. But of lately, she prefers to sleep more than eat so I wake her up every 3.5 hours during the day and feed on demand at night.

Nerov: The frequent waking could be due to a growth spurt. That will definitely pass.
happy.gif

MrsC,
I haven't use a pouch, but I find that I have to adjust the sling every now and then which is troublesome. At this infant stage, Joie doesn't settle very well in the sling most of the time, and frankly tiring to carry in my MIM sling.

Link for that sling/carrier resource earlier: http://www.babyslingsandcarriers.com/helpmechoose Lifespan for the pouch feels shorter maybe because it can't be adjusted too much as the child grows.

MrsC,
u mean the carrier? my Jav refuses to lie in the sling resulting me to buy a carrier n he kinda likes it n can slp in it.. but my poor sling has been lying in the cupboard for ages without even being used.. i prefer carrier cos like wad u said, the ring needs to be adjusted on the sling each time u use n i really dono hw to manage tat too.. for carrier its easier to adjust, clip on n go.. u nvr buy bbjourn cos i find it v ex..haha.. i bought one frm infantino for abt 70+.. hmmm, i wld say nt bad la.. so far so gd..=D

MrsC
i'm using the pouch. Easy to slip baby in than the sling. I tried using sling for #1. he hates to be in it and I also had a hard time figuring how to adjust the hook. end up i sold it away. this time i bought the pouch. Amanda likes to sleep in it but i seldom use it as she's all curled up in it. don't think it's gd for them. only for short trip like a bus ride, then i use it. prob will try other method of carrying when she's older. like jess, i still think carrier is better. more comfy for us and baby. sling/pouch more tiring on our shoulders and back.

Re massage
wow... so many good reviews. all sleeping beauties and princes liao. so tempted to go n learn.

envious that quite a no of bb can establish the 3h feeding intervals. my boi has been drinking 100ml since week 2 till now and is drinking at 2.5h intervals. most of the time, he starts to cry for milk at 2h later but i insist to drag to 2.5h. sometimes he cant even finish 100ml, which was no a prob in the past. haiz, cant increase milk, cant lengthen the interval. headache. cos drinking 100ml at 2.5h is draining the milk out of me. jus barely able to meet his needs.

bbethan
i oso tempted to learn the massage after reading the reviews from the mummies here. keke. maybe we can start another grp or try out the free lessons. cos rite now, im massaging my boy everynite at bedtime, using my anyhow massage. lol

Hi mommies

Thanks so much for all your comments/tips on how to resolve my helpers' BO/BB problems - appreciate it
happy.gif

Wow the food list for the gathering on 22 Sep sounds like quite a spread, I am now drooling as I typed...enough for lunch/tea break & dinner!

Baby Austen will be 3 months in a week or two and he still only drinks 130ml per feed every 3 to 4 hours. I suppose that's all right?

HBB, you have stomache when you take Motherlove Milk Plus tabs? Are you still taking then? I have no such issues...

Re sling & carrier: I actually have no problems settling Eva in the carrier and sling. As for the constant adjustment, maybe you gals can try this trick I got from another mummy. I actually tie a knot with the tail which helps lock the sling and add as a cushion for Eva.

Re quantity: Do you ladies pump? Coz I'm 100% latch on and thus, have no idea how much milk she's taking in. :/

Sherryl, I tried the tracy hogg's cluster feed & dream before, end up he still wake up at 4am for feed, I decided to forget it and just give me last feed, usually about 8pm, then after he KOed, I put him in his cradle and he dun wake anymore till 4am.. the 7.5hrs doesnt really happen every night, but was already very good. He slept at 8:30pm, then woke up close to 4am for the next fee. My hb & I was like, wow, great!! I suggest u dun "wake" him for feed when he just make noise and see how longshe can sleep for, you may be surprise it may be another hour or so. I was told never to wake a sleeping baby and didnt believe and thot better dream feed him so he could slepp longer, end up more tired.

RE: BB Massage
I am so happy about this masage class we attended, benefited so much, and even MIL also love it! She intend to sign up for the bb massage class conducted by my hb's cousin who is a chiropractor in USA. HBB, in future you dun hv to spend $$ to go Tuina anymore.

MrsC, the pouch you are talking about is like BB Bjorn right? If I dun drive, I prefer this to the stroller/ car seat carrier.

RE: Motherlove Milk Plus
HBB, I still havent buy mine, if really so power, I want to try too! Paging all mommies who are coming to my plc! If any of you ordering and can get before 22nd, please include me can? Thanks!!

Mei, I pump most of the time, with qty varying betw 100 to 150ml depending on stress levels, duration from last pump, water intake, etc. Guess if your baby latches on, gains weight and is happy, no real need to know how much she is taking in.

HBB, unlikely as it sounds, could it be MLMP clashes with some of the other supplements you are taking? In addition to MLMP, am now taking calcium and a pre and post natal formula by GNC.

Mei,
im on total xpressing one.. my each pump can get abt 280ml to 300ml for both sides.. if morning first pump might get 300+ml.. so normally i jus store them enuf for bb to drink in the fridge n rest keep freezer.. Jav is currently drinking abt 100-110ml each feed cos im dragging his timing to 3.5 hrs interval..

Wow, jes, that means you'll hv alot! must use the Avent 330ml bottle right? What your diet like?

FOZ, I take calcium, pre natal multi-vit & krill oil. I realized whenever I take calcium, my knee hurts the moment I stand up, but when I stop its not as painful. I never have this pain after delivery, started after I started with calcium, now even thou I stopped the calcium, it's still pain but not so bad.. I think I may need to get the triflex to "bu" my knee.. sign of old age.

Re: BB massage

Jes, my baby loves it too! Can tell he is enjoying.
He always give me those blur face "mummy what are u doing with my tiny hands & legs huh?"
i usually massage him around 9am+. What about you all mummies?
happy.gif

Re : MLMP

HBB, so how u find MLMP? Effective? Recently gotta BP on those breastfeeding tea. Wonder if it is effective. Anyone try any before?

thanks 4 ur support kim & jes, it's 3:30am n i'm pumping. i'm officially joining the mommies sleepless nite group. wondering when can we all have our beauty sleep of 8 hours again, suddenly a good sleep feels like a luxury item. i'm learning to zzz when bb zzz, not easy cos not used to the timing. i'm spoiled by my CL, and now she's gone n i appreciate her more, hehehe. mrs c, i'm also looking for a good bb sling, saw the pupsik one in mothercare, but seems tough to put newborn like ours.

i mus confess ive been lazy, not pumping at 3h intervals. from 3h to 4 n slowly 6. lol. now that my milk supply has dropped enuf to alarm me, im back pumping at wee hours. kim, im back to the 'club' ~.~

Re pumping: Whoa, that's a lot of pumping action over here. I'm not too sure if I should start since I'm a SAHM and hubby doesn't see the point of pumping at the moment. Any special reasons as to why you ladies are pumping instead of direct latch on?

Coolkero: According to hubby's friend whose daughter is 18 months, it gets better when she's older, like around 5-6 months. Her sleeping time will be longer at night and all. But for now, yeah, it'll be hard to get a full 8 hours of sleep and even if you can do so, you'll still find yourself getting up to either express (coz of engorgement) or pump. T.T

Eva did sleep for over 7 hours at night and a lot during the day for a week but this was right after her growth spurt and I read that it's normal for babies to sleep a lot after a growth spurt in order to...well, grow. But now? She's back to regular schedule. XD

Mei
DD is TBF, I hardly ever pump cos she doesn't take bottle... same like my #1. I don't know how much she's drinking, but I do nurse on demand so it's anywhere btw 2-3.5 hrs during the day and 4-12 hrs at nite.

Sherryl,
DD's sleep schedule is kinda erratic. She usually naps ok in the morning, btw 45-90 mins but won't nap btw 3-6 pm which makes her really cranky ard dinner time. Becos of that her nite routine can get super looooong, sometimes 2 hrs! But on most nites she would sleep for 10-12 hrs w/o waking up for milk, occasionally she would wake up for 1 feed at ard 1 am. I don't wake her up for dream feed and only attend to her when she cries. She's also a noisy sleeper, but I just leave her be unless she cries (ie loud enough to wake me up ;p). I've checked wif the ped before, as long as she's gaining wt, don't hv to wake her up for nite feed.

Noelle: Have you tried putting her in the stroller in the evenings? Eva was like that as well in the initial few weeks so hubby and I always put her in the stroller and go for walks. After her first month, she sort of settle down around that time.

It's actually normal for babies to get cranky around that time - don't know why. Some say because it's transition period from day to night time. Other times, they say it's just because babies are like that.

Whoa, you don't wake her up? The last time I tried that, my boobs nearly exploded.
sad.gif

bbethan & bell, I'm also so regretted didn't join the bb massage class. It was because my husband is not very supportive in this kind of class. he think that it will just be a waste of money. Anyway...shall we form another group? or wanna try the tampines one? how about the one from Kim's relative, Kim can we have the detail?

coolkero, I usually also pump around 3am-4am...welcome to the club! The problem with me is, when I wake up, it's difficult for me to get back to sleep. sometime end up just awake till morning liao! so 5hours sleep for me is already a luxury, don't talk about 8 hours. haa

Bell
i'm also another lazy mummy. now back to work and even less time to pump. I only start my day by latching bb at 6/7am (one side only), pump at 12pm, 6pm, 12am. sometimes skip the 6pm pump too.

ETirto
my husb not very on on such thing too. prob becos it's #2 already? i wanted to join earlier but cos weekend got #1 to take care of and can't possibly bring him along wif us, and they strongly encourage a partner. Is the whole duration only 3 sessions? let me find out fr my gf on the class she attended.

Good morning girls...

<font color="119911">Kim</font>
To 'bu' your knee, try glucosamine, works wonders. http://altmedicine.about.com/cs/herbsvitaminsek/a/Glucosamine.htm

<font color="119911">Expressing Milk</font>
I worked thus need to express so my helper can feed my son during the day. I try latching on at least once every 2 days but sometimes with long working hours and erractic sleeping times by my kid, that's not always possible. Weekends should be easier but it is not as there are many activities involving my #1 which means I need to be away from baby. Second child syndrome lah...

<font color="119911">Classes for our kids with us</font>
Have to skip the massage classes but that reminded me of the playnest classes I used to bring #1 at Julia Gabriel. Both my daughter and I had lots of fun and I intend to bring #2 too, soon as he is old enough and I stop work, for they do not have classes on weekends. Hope by then, some mommies will join us in the same class.

Sam,

really thanks for your advice..did the leg exercise and tummy massage..also raise both leg to facilitate the poo..it works!! My boy gave a very big poo almost immediate after the exercise!
phew..so happy and relieve after 6 days of non-pooing days

kitty - i was just saying ur bb big appetite, then last night my bb drink 110 ml, then 1 hour later drink another 120ml. peng san. my bb will cry and whimper when she want to sleep, so my helper just feed her and she will guzzle. i always laugh and say this bb like to He1 Men4 Jiu3, will drink when she's lonely and want to sleep. now i got to watch it, cos she v chubby already :p

jes - your supply so much you can freeze and feed bm for a long time. i pump abt 250 ml total each session, but all finish drink in 1 sitting. so no leftovers. now giving them fm during day to build up bm supply for when i go back to work

FOZ - just curious what do these classes teach ? i think a few hundred bucks right ?

oh yeah - how abt u try to play with bb when he wake up after 2 hours to distract him, and drag his feeding time to 3 hours ?

how do u put a bb to sleep. my helper always walk walk walk with bb until she's asleep, then put her down. sometimes i got no patience, and when put her down she'll wake up. also with twins, its literally walking all the time. my hip bones and leg bones hurt. i feel like old woman. and also my trigger finger is still crooked. anything to do with 'wind' and not bathing during confinement ? feel a bit guilty now

carebeary - my bb on bm also din poo for 5 days. on 5th day, we told her we're bringing her to see the naughty pd that gave her a fever, did the exercise, and she poo-ed
happy.gif

bestberries
not sure if I recalled everything correctly but in every term, there will be a theme (e.g. Animals in the Zoo, Transportation) and in every lesson, there will be the following elements:

* art and crafts (sponges, finger painting, etc.)
* music (so lots of singing and dancing around)
* story-telling (lots animation by the teachers)
* Magic box (surprise inside)
* play time (can be indoor play or outdoor play, if outdoor, could be normal playground, sandplay or waterplay)
* snack time

Ratio is 1 teacher to 6 pairs of Parent/Child. Usually, there are at least 2 to 3 teachers in each class. I used to go to the one in Evans Road and Forum but once the east outlet opens (in Playground where Carl Junior is), I transferred over, but the outlet in east only offers PlayClub, for those 18 mths and above. Thus when Austen and I join Playnest, it will prob be the one in Evans Road (parking lots cheaper than Forum).

Etirto, no, my relative is in USA.. sorry, would'v been better if they were here too!

RE: Pump
I started latching then express the "balance" after to prevent engorgement/ block ducts. Then I find it hassle, so I did total EBM, then bb kept having wind (not sure if bcos CL tried to stretch his feed interval, or EBM from fridge or FM), well, recently I do Latch &amp; EBM &amp; FM cos I knw my supply is not enough for him and even EBM can also be insufficient (so cham). So I express to make sure my brain knows I still need my body to increase supply.

I found latch in the mid of night saves me more time. What I do with the problem of insufficient is to standby a bottle of about 3.5oz EBM in fridge, when bb w/up, I latch and hubby will put bottle in thermal cup filled with hot water and bring to me, then he goes back to sleep. I latch both breasts then use the EBM. This am, Kaelem decided to wake up at 3am, hb already zonked out, so I took him to the kitchen, prep the bottle, latch him in the living room then feed the bottle and then back to bed. Hubby wasn't disturbed at all. Then he KOed till 6:30am, I give him paci cos I m very tired (lazy) and I KOed. By time I w/up at 8am, hb already chg him, fed him, and he was in rocker outside bathroom watching daddy get ready for work.

thanks FOZ.. I used to take Glucosamine Chondroitine &amp; msm, then I felt so a pill popper. I realized when I get direct sun on me for 15mins a day I could do w/o.. now I better take.

Dunno why my pc refuse to load the motherhood website.. angry.

I intend to send Kaelem to speech &amp; drama class in future, cos I want him to speak clearly. I benefited fr it, so I think it's no harm. those classes that allows both mom &amp; babes to attend together are great too, but I know they are expensive.. think daddy has to work harder..

Coolkero, nearly wanted to buy the pupsik baby pouch but it's a bit pricey , so ordered littlepod baby pouch instead, same like pupsik but it's from msia thus much cheaper, there's a spree going on now.

kim
yes latching mid of night indeed save time esp if bb can empty both breasts..i tried that several times but my boy always fell asleep after 5 mins latch and wakes up 1 hr later for more! so it doesn't work for me.. even if feed EBM..my boy also fell asleep after 70mls only no matter how hard I wake him..but at least this can last him for 3hrs

Carebeary: Eva was like that as well in the beginning so I had to undress her (leave her diaper on) just to make sure she feeds for at least 10 minutes.

I suspect she wakes up after latching on for 5 mins is because she's only taking foremilk which contains more water and lactose - it's great when baby is thirsty but not so great for packing on weight. That's why your boy wakes up 1 hour later, hungry and all.

With FM, it's different because FM contains fat (in hindmilk) and that's why he can sleep for more than 3 hours. Trouble with FM is that it doesn't provide your baby with the necessary antibodies he needs in the first 6 months.

FOZ
JG really looks interesting. Had wanted to bring #1 there but like what u said, no weekend class when he was less than 18mths. now would like to go but got a baby in tow.

Kimberly
Kaelem is really a good drinker leh. Can latch on both and take another bottle of 3.5oz. How long do u spend feeding him at night? my lazy girl always latch a few minutes and fall asleep. comfort sucking i guess cos her last feed always around midnight, then wakes up ard 3/4am for a quick drink before a full feed at 6/7am.

Coolkero,
Jia you. Haha, welcome to the nite feed and pump club.

re: Pump
Wow Jes, you have very high supply. Mine's fluctuates, but get nore during bite pump and about 120ml each side during day pump... Highest was 220ml from one side ~ trick is to take plenty of fluid before sleeping and Motherlove More Milk Plus before sleep. Not going to repeat that experiment again though cos I was woken up by painful engorged boobs....

re: sleep
So envious of mothers whose babies can manage to sleep more than 5 hr at a go. My monster's longest was 5 hr. She cluster feeds between 8pm-12am but will wake up for feed between 4.30am-5.30am. My crazy milk monster can drink up to 400ml of milk in the 4 hour span when she cluster feed... And it's all her demanding to be fed... Any mummy whose baby go 'milk crazy' in the evening too?

re: Gathering
Kim, could you put me on the tentative list as well? Undecided to go or not... My acne problem flared up during the third trimester and is now still not going away, so bad that tmy whole back is all spotted with acne scars. Feeling very self-conscious and not quite ready to go meet new friends... See if can pluck up the courage to go your place on Tues...

foz
my dh also wan sign edna up for the play nest class!! got chance we go together!!
u mean playgrd at big splash gt class also??? hmmm...
anyway they r sooo small.. can play finger paint huh? dh is tinking of letting her go at 6 mth which I tink is a bit too young =(

i din eat the MLMP tablets w other thg leh.. weird.. but i do tink aft eating milk will increase a bit.. not for whole day thou

twinkle the tea u buy is also mother love one rite? i saw vitakids selling but i lazy to drink cos need make tea n drink few times a day =p

duno wat happen to edna... last nite she keep waking up for milk.. weird.. since she usualyoni wake up once a nite only.. is it growth spurt? she is week 12 now.. not sure if growth spurt is drink more in quantity at 1 go or more frequently?

hi mummies

i have a new pack of mamy poko size S to let go at $15. Self-collect at Telok Blangah or Redhill.

pls pm me if you are keen.

hbb
u can bring her to gymboree or those music class too... hmmm... maybe we can arrange for a trial class here if we hv enuf ppl.

think at 3mths also got growth spurt right? i remembered as 3wks, 6wks, 3mths n 6mths. Amanda last wk (at week 12) was finishing her bottle of 100ml n doesn't seem satisfied, still want to suck some more at every feed. thought she just wants more. end up this wk i gave her 10ml more n she took ages to finish. now come to think, prob she was going thru a growth spurt too. can't remember her night feeds liao.

Vitakids is at paragon?

bbethan, yeah it's also because of this is #2. may be let the hb take care of our #1 at home when we attend the class. I don't mind going by myself.

Hi all,

It's been a long time since i last login. GOSH, I miss time for myself
sad.gif
Taking care of baby alone at home is tough
sad.gif
Kudos to mummies who handle it well, esp HBB and Kim. How do u cope with crying baby and cooking at the same time??? I tried cooking a simple lunch which turn out to be a disaster, took me 3hrs+ to finally eat. (what happened was: prepare lunch->baby cry->cook->baby cry->eat halfway->baby cry). So now, i'm eating biscuits/bread with milo for breeky and lunch.

I'm weaning off breast milk cos my supply is low (80-120ml every 6hrs). Does the More Milk Plus really work? Where to buy? I will try if it's magical. Fengugreek pills don't work for me. Currently, taking the nursing hearbal tea from Momsinmind. I get very paranoid when i couldn't pump in time with engorged breast or when being disturb during pumping eg. baby needs attention during my pumping session so need to stop halfway. With such emotions, no wonder my milk supply couldn't increase.

Re: Meetup at Kim's place.

I love to join :> but err... not sure if i am confident enuf to bring him out alone. Kim, could u put me on tentative list? I can bring cupcakes if joining. All babies are going too right?

Re: Diarrhoea

Recently Regis poo 3 times a day, is it diarrhoea? The stools are like usual.

lamagier
im also having acne prob. mine's post-preggie. pretty upset too, but heck, it's not often i get a chance to get out of the hse. feeding intervals one after another, one day after another. already almost 2nd mth after giving birth and i havent gotta do any of the things i planned for this ML.

was pretty angry jus now. boi's not drinking properly. cries for milk, wans milk, yet when the bottle teat is in his mouth, he either push it out using his tongue or waste all the milk. tot it could be something i ate tat affect the 'flavour' so gave him formula. same thing happens too.
my MIL saw the incompetent me and took over the feeding. make me feel darn lousy. my boi didnt drink when she feed either. she's always like tat, wana take over when he cries in my arms, wana come into the room when the boi cries in the room. i do understand and yes i do need help sometimes, but i hate the feeling that she makes me feel. argh. she can help with things like washing the bottles, which she never does. volunteered to wash bb clothes, but realised it wasnt clean properly. even bb new clothes she also insist no need to use bb detergent to wash, jus plain water. zzz
argh, cant wait to move to my new place next yr. sometimes i dun really understand, even ur MIL is a nice person, it's jus difficult to get along well.
sry for all the grumbling, jus need to vent it off my chest. ^^

stupid SMH cant load properly today

Back