(2009/05) May 2009 MTBs

I oso heard the sign of cancer is blood in the stools. It seems more common for man then women.

Have you all visited any indoor playground? I brought my boy to Singsystem at changi airport last sunday. He liked Peekaboo and Polliwogs so I thought he'd love singsystem too. To my surprise, he refused to go in. He was terrified by many flying balloons. And to make it worse, I 'ke kiang' signup for 10 sessions for 140. Luckily I brought him to the cashier. The manager on seeing him crying, void my payment. Heng! If not, 140 gone!

good morning mummies
happy.gif

win, colon cleansing is done by pumping water thru anus to flush out stools in the entire colon... my hubby is doing it @ paragon medical centre -- each session is abt $100 and last abt 1 hr... for first few treatments, he was advised to do it weekly anf followed by monthly...

persistent blood in stool is not heaty...

jun, i seldom bring yuan2 to indoor playground -- prefer the outdoor playgrd... she loves to run outdoor
happy.gif

Adv, thks !! Must be hardworking to go for regular checks.

Jun, my gal luvs singsystem! 1 hr is not enuff for her! Haha! Btw i dun think u are in my fb. Can i add u?

Win,
Sure. I pm you my email.

Ya loh every kids including babies enjoying themselves in singsystem. I suspect he is scared of the balloons. Also there is less place to run around unlike polliwogs. I only bring him to indoor playground when my maid is off cos we don't want to bring him out to shopping centre. If not he runs around the shopping centre and I gotta chase him

Recently, he likes to go to the tennis court at my condo. Cos very big space can run around and he pretends to "play tennis" with his plastic racket and ball.

Anyway succeeding in toilet train? I'm still trying. Half the time wear diapers cos too lazy to bring toilet.

Jun, got it. Will add u later
happy.gif

i prefer polliwogs to singsystem. Bigger and more things to play n run around.

As for toilet train, i believe shes almost there. Shes diaperless the whole day except sleeptime. Even with diapers on, she will come to us saying i want pee pee or poo poo when outside. Been training her ard 19 mths.

Any intention of putting ur child in sch? I still sourcing though hv a helper at hme...

I didn't know some of u mummies r still here! I was clearing my apps then I click in this link. Haha!!!

Count me in for gathering ok!

Hi, How was your weekend?

My boy has been CC since Feb so far so good. Cried for 2 weeks and now he happily kissed me goodbye before my helper bring him to CC. He stays there till 4.30pm as my dh thinks it's v poor thing to leave him at CC till 7pm.

This morn, he woke up v early at 6am. I was too tired to play with him so left him to my maid. Terrible mum... Later on I noticed he walked with a limp. Not sure if it's because his sis stepped on his foot yday. Hopefully tonight will be better.

Good afternoon mummies
happy.gif

jun, sat brought my gal to kids kampong in pasir ris. Besides feeding the rabbits, she super luvs to use the fish net to cath the fishes. U can google or check out in my fb.

Sun we stay hme to rest. After sh wake up frm noon nap, she develop fever of 39 deg. Quickly gave her paracetamol n sponge her. And this afternoon, helper infm fever drop to 37 deg... Phew dunno wats the cause of it.

win,
Hope your gal better now. Maybe she caught a virus or over exert over the weekend. If no cough then will recover very fast.

We tried kampong fish last year in TW's Danshui. My boy only 18 mths then but he enjoy very much. Still contemplating where to go for holiday end of this year. Thinking of either Korea or TW again. But for korea, it will be snowing not sure if he will be able to take the cold. Also will be very xiong for me to keep wrapping and unwrapping him. Food wise, TW should be more friendly for younger kids. And I still got 2 older kids to cater to. See how it goes.

jun, shes fine now thks
happy.gif

we are gg HK year end. my gal's 1st maiden flight. heard that its 10 deg. almost the same as taiwan?

that time went taiwan with my gf, super shiok. eat and shop non stop V Fun!!

Win,
I saw your pic in Fb. Your gal looks like you, so cute. Seeing your pic reminds me of when I only have 1 kid (gal) and we brought her around travelling. Now with 3, things are v different and more hectic. Going for any holiday burn a big hole in my pocket.

10 deg is cold. I brought no 3 to TW was 15 deg. He also went Perth last June and was 12 deg. Remember to bring leg warmers, thick jacket, hat and long pants. Disneyland and Ocean park may be windy so get jacket with a hood to cover her face and ears. I've some winter jackets for toddler if you need can lend you.

Good Afternoon Mummies
happy.gif

jun, which part of TW u went? is it fun and child friendly?

oh that will be great! once my trip confirmed will let u knoe. thks in advance
happy.gif

my gal's fever comes back agn
sad.gif
doc say its virus and prescribe neurofen(give when fever hits above 38 deg). he also adv to go for blood test if fever comes on and off. hence i am hme today and cooking macaroni soup for lunch.

halo mummies !

adv, wow ur #2 is seeing the world soon ! so fast ! i still rem the last xmas gathering, my boy and ur girl are playing with the curtains and they laugh happily ! they are easily contented..haha

jun, i bring my boy to singsystem at T3 once only. he loves those flying balloons ! less than an hr i feel so tired n backache running aft him..lol. btw, wat is ur name in fb ? mayb i add u already

win, so u are at home today ! no wonder u free to watsapp me..hahaha. oh, gg HK end of the year is v cold ! hope ur gal recover soon !

Hi Porky
I PM you.

TW is very fun. My hub wants to go back again. Food is good and cheap. It's kids friendly and transport is cheap. We book the whole taxi around S$100 for 8 hr and the driver drive us around not so stressful. Perth - hub complain must drive long hours more xiong. The people are very nice too. I was at Fisherman wharf and 5 of us share 2 bowls of fishball noodles. The owner seeing I've small kids, tried to get me more chairs. If in HK, I think the hawker will be unhappy we order so little food. We went to Yilan and Hualien. You can see my fb for the photos. Shangri La leisure farm - has night activities and fruit trees on the mountain. World of China has Doraemon shows every hour and many kiddy rides. Suitable for below 6 yo. Hualien ocean park has sealion and dolphin performance. The scenery is also fantastic. The older kids went to baby boss where they can role play to be a doctor / dentist /pilot/ fireman / policeman (for 3 yo and above). As a fireman, my son really went up a small fire engine, drove to "fire scene" and put out the fire

Jean, ya i at hme lazing...

Jun, u make me think twice of gg hk..ur taiwan trip seems fun!! Free n easy or with tour? How many days? I am gg to zoom into ur fb pics now!!

Win,
I went F&E. Just book taxis for most of the days. 1 or 2 days we went around city by MRT. Depends on how many days you have, you can plan say 2-3 nights in Taipei, 2 nights in Yilan and 2 nights in Hualien. Skip Hualien if you don't have enough days. Yilan has many nice minsu facing paddyfields, very pretty. Hualien - can book taxi to visit the toroko gorge / hualien ocean park / farm / night market. Yilan - there are some cultural museum and hot / cold spring which kids can also play. Yilan and Hualien are along east coast of Taipei. TP -> Yilan (1.5 hrs) -> Hualien (2 hr) by fast train. The fast train is very comfortable and easy to book. Once you book the minsu / hotel, they can pick you up at the train station, arrange for cab driver and also buy train ticket back to TP. Alternatively, can go Taipei and Cingjing (near Taichung). Cingjing is farm in the mountain area. Can feed the lamb and go near to the sheeps and cows. I prefer to go F&E so that can choose those place that we want to go. With children, if you join tour group, half the time will be on the road or rush from one point to another.

Wowww jun u are very detailed le. I am so impressed. Dat time go w my gf we only shop n eat!! Plus go nite market n shopping malls. Next time go agn must consult u!!

Basically this hk trip is planned for my gal. Its also me n hubby first visit. V excited. We have allocated a day each to disneyland n ocean park. The rest are my shopping days whahaaaa!!! Sooo looking forward to it!

Win,
Hk is v cheap to go now. HKD depreciated a lot. Buy cosmetics and skincare from SaSa. My friend helped me to buy Laneigh water pack at Sasa is only sgd20+. I'm tempted to go without the 2 older ones but hubby not willing to leave them behind even for few days.

Good Afternoon Mummies
happy.gif

Jun, yes we confirmed flying to HK frm 24 to 30 dec
happy.gif
air tix have been booked and we are staying in Langham place!

so in dec is it really cold in HK? is winter wear really needed or just normal jackets will do?

wat abt shoes? my gal dun hv covered shoes, mostly sandals.. can wear with socks haha!!

Win: Langham place is good.. easy access to MRT and shopping which is opp.. was there ard March 2009 when I was peg with Bella and the temp was about 15-20 degrees.. I was wearing short and t shirt running ard.. haha.. was there last yr again with bella and stayed at Langham again..

Think it would be better to prepare normal thicker jackets for ur lil gal and urself.

Must take more pics and do visit DisneyLand!!!

Win,
I went in March a few years and it was ~12 to 15 deg. Very cold for me. I think better bring 1 thick winter jacket and a pair of track shoes + socks and stockings/leg warmers. Especially in Disneyland will be quite cold as it is in the open space and wind is strong.

If you don't mind, can borrow from me. I have quite a few thick clothings and shoes. It was all hands me down from my sis as she went to USA for a year. I foresee will probably use once or twice and then ds will outgrow.

win, i went HK in dec 2008 whn i was preg w jaeden. abt 8 to 10deg but is ok for me. i can tk it even wear short doll dresses everyday ! hahaha..cos preg tt time body always feels v warm ! but night time if go out for supper will be v windy loh

Hi Win,

I stay in Langham last Dec also! Very comfy n convenient. The club lounge was fantastic! Breakfast buffet was so so only. If ur brekkie is not included, i would rather that u eat out at the nearby restaurants. There are many small eateries around and u can walk to temple street area to find deserts - Xu Liu Xiang?

Generally, the kids only need thick jackets in the evening and at Disneyland. Daytime is fine. They can just wear normal long sleeve T-shirt. But it depends on the week that u r going i guess. My stay corresponded to 3 cold days n 4 warm days. So its ok.

Just take a cab to Ocean Park. Cab fare is not very ex.

poohwei, hearing u say abt langham, i can't wait to stay in!!!!!!!

i've got my gal thermal and long sleeve tees, pants, jeans as well as socks...i onli hv normal jackets. hopefully these are sufficient..now i worry abt luggage soooo heavy becos of all these clothes haha!!!!!

Win, dun need get all here.. Go hk buy !!!
happy.gif

R u staying at Disneyland? Shld go for the bkfast/dinner w the characters! The kids will love it
happy.gif

Ling, yes gg h&m to buy more! Heard its cheaper! Yes staying disney hotel for 2 nights! Sooo looking forward to dec
happy.gif

Win,

I'm sure u guys will enjoy your trip. We were in HK twice this year. Once in May with Kayla to bring her to Disney and Aug on our own without her as we felt didn't accomplish much in the May trip for ourselves .

Be prepare physically as HK really not pram friendly. Lots of stairs. From MTR its escalator follow by stairs. We carry Kayla if she's asleep, pram, her diaper bag. Very shack.

Disneyland :
It's a wise choice to stay there for 2 nights as with a toddler, can't finish the whole park in a day though it's small park.
Kayla enjoy the "Small Small World" best as it's a boat ride and sings the song while cruising and seeing moving characters . The food at the "Side Walk Cafe" is nice. Heard from my friend the restaurants inside the park all quite good too. The fireworks really worth staying back too see.

Btw, Sebamed is half the price there. I bought the baby bath because I like the smell and only cost HK 160 for 1 litre size. Think about SG$25 ?

Good Afternoon Mummies
happy.gif

firefly, if dun bring stroller, i dun hv strength to carry her for long. shes too heavy for my weight...

why not let kayla zz in pram and just carry together down the stairs? though heavy but better rite? no need to lug so much stuff.

Win,

That's what we did. And purposely buy light weight stroller for this trip. Now can sell away liao.

Lucky got pram else I think muscle sure cramp.

Bought lots of Polo For Kids this round at Citigate outlets . Without Kayla really achieve more.

Good morning mummies
happy.gif

kayla, woww i luv polos too
happy.gif
which stroller u buy? Any recommendation? Hubby intend to get maclaren but dono which model.

Sorry to interrupt.

Oh, what a noisy zoo tickets.
=============================

May I know if any Mummy has 4 tickets on 23 Oct, Sunday, 11am that you are willing to exchange with me? I'll be most grateful for that. Or else I will just have to sell these 4 tickets and my kids won't get to watch the play.
sad.gif

I'm willing to meet you anywhere to do the exchange. THANK YOU!

Please PM me for my hp.

Halo Mummies
happy.gif

i thinking of getting an oven. Which brand is good? Pls advise. Thks!!

firefly, i juz bought mac quest. Abt 5.5kg

Hi Mummies,

I'm planning to sign my 2 girls up for Julia Gabriel holiday programmes.
There is a 20% group discount if 4 or more children register at the same time. It can be a different programme and venue.

If anyone is interested too, please PM me so that we can all enjoy the group discount.

Information for the holiday programmes. http://www.juliagabriel.com/pdfviewermm1ab.html

okipoki

i bought already. cant rmb the brand. around $200+

mil, helper plus my gal are happily baking cakes, cookies etc at hme
happy.gif
and me and hubby enjoying their fruits of labour lol!!

Just want to share this fun music program call 'Kinderbeat'. My kid did it and she thoroughly enjoyed it!

Its a structured prog from Australia that uses fun music and movements activities to let the young kids learn about music. Lots of props (parachutes, rainbow ring, toys) and musical instruments are used during the session. It comes with a book and a cd of the songs used too.

There's one at Parkway Centre (beside Parkway Parade):- Florence Music School 6345 5816
Another one at Upper Thomson:- Taylors-Encore 8223 8443
Both provide music lessons for older kids and adults too.

Have fun!

shers- u must rub it in by saying me free hor?? now i've got nothing... besides time!!! too much in fact.. haha.... anyway, u can get brands like linksys... hook it up.. and if ya on starhub broadband and u appear to not be able to connect aft setting up, can call starhub de..
ask for technical assistance.. :x and... switch on ur lappy.. tada!! its up!!

I completely agree with adelyee. There are some basic help which you can get from searching the Internet forums (technical forums obviously) and ask whatever issues you're facing with your broadband. Or else, you can contact to Linksys Router Technical Support for fixing problems that are out of your understanding.

Back