(2009/05) May 2009 MTBs

Hi mummies
I just started trying toilet train. I let him wear the bumwear + cloth diaper and training pants. Then I bring him to toilet every 1-2 hour. 10-20% of time he will indicate to me he is wet. I encourage him by praising him when he pees into the toilet. Still a long way to being toilet train but small progress made...

Reason for training is because weather is hot and he has been getting rashes on his bum due to the diaper. He also seem more receptive to peeing in the toilet instead of diaper.

pastries hailey also did that last wk. she'd wake up and wanna go outside to watch tv or hang out. she'd throw tantrums and refuse to let anyone carry her unless its to go outside. no idea why lei. but i tot i was the only one with this problem. =/

jun, my girl also wakes very often still. im tired bt i hv no choice cuz she wakes for milk/jus to check on me. sometimes she wans me to slp nx to her which i dun like as it defeats the purpose of me putting her on the mattress to slp altho its in the same room as us. on the contrary, she slps much better on the same bed as us. but i dun wan la. afterall, i've already put her on the mattress, why waste my efforts. =)

ilovesashimi: i tink myra is starting liao lei. cuz hailey started with peeing into the toilet bowl when bathing. =)

re: potty training
i tried training her at 18 mths and then again at abt 21mths. both times failed terribly, ie: she'd only sit on the potty when she's playing. peeing she'll jus let go and we'd have to clean up. so i stopped and put her back on diapers. 1 fine day as i was bathing her, she said "poopoo!" and clutch her there. so i replied "wan sit potty?" she nodded and i put her on the toilet seat. and she PEED!!!! i praised like mad but she seem nonchalant. wahhaha!! over the nx 3 days, she'd pee in the toilet when she bathes. slowly she started indicating that she nds to pee throughout the day. now she's off diapers during daytime except for naps. and she will "yayyyy!!!" aft she pees. bt ahhhhh, she still cant poop into the potty!!!! i duno hw to train her for tt. @_@

jamie, clap clap, hailey is almost toilet train! yuan2 is still playing with us -- nvr seriously poo/pee in the potty... only at my mum's place, she will pee in the toilet bowl when my mum asks her...

Jamie,
Your gal so cute! I still waiting. I was told boys are easier to train but seems like may not be true.

He still wakes up many times at night and sleeps on my bed. Drives me crazy.
Childcare teacher called to complain that he is rough and not willing to share toys. He pushed a boy and pull his hair. Now that boy is scared and doesn't want to go near him. At home he will hog all the toys and scream if jie jie and kor kor want to play together. The favourite toy is now Beyblade. Can sit there and spin for hours.

Wah Jamie, envy envy. Recently I think changed helper made her lost all interest in peeing. Cos new helper not very good at praising. Now she doesn't wan even to sit on toilet bowl. Sad. Felt like move back many steps.

I lovesashimi

i also changing helper soon. My gal quite attached to her. Bound to be crying everday haiz. How do u cope? Share some tips.

Win: I am very happy to share tips de. keke.

Firstly my ex-helper (Mary) was very good at prepping my gal. I didnt know how to broach the subject but she just did it since January. Mary went back 1st week of April. Every time, Mary will say "Auntie is going home, new auntie will be here". "You must listen to new auntie" etc. Initially my gal will give a frowning face like gg to cry, but we kept assuring her that new auntie will be the same as Mary and that Mary has to go home because she also has a baby like her. Mary has to go home to her baby. Like mummy at him with her etc. After a while,she seems to understand the message and stopped frowning.

Then for my new helper, I arranged for her to be at my place 2 weeks before Mary goes home so that there are proper transition. Before we went to pick up the new helper from agency, we kept telling my gal that we are gg to pick up new auntie etc. Then on the day itself, we brought her along, she smiled at the new helper when we say "this is the new auntie" and thats a good start. I let the new helper played with her for full 2 days, doing nothing but playing with her and feeding her. Mary will also at the same time guide her on how to feed (cos my gal is very difficult at meal times), how to bath and change etc. On 2nd day, she started looking out for new auntie to play with her - so again another good sign. Once that happen, we starting giving more work to the new helper ie. taking care of everything for my gal from brushing teeth, making milk and accompany her to drink milk, cook for her, feed her, bath her and lastly settle her nap time and bedtime. During these times, Mary will try to avoid connecting with my gal as much as possible. A few days before her departure, I think my gal can sense it, shes very very sticky to my helper and kinda cranky at times. Wanting only Mary to carry etc. Note that during these 2 weeks, we also kept telling her that Auntie Mary is gg home, New auntie is here.

The 1st morning when she woke up after Mary's departure from SG, she asked for Auntie Mary. My hubby and new helper were so lost - dare not say anything and tried all means to distract her. But i told her "Auntie Mary has gone home, New Auntie (pointing to my new helper) is here". She looked at me, nodded her head and continue with her own stuff. 2nd morning, she woke up and then she looked into my eyes seriously and said "Auntie Mary .... gone home, new auntie is here" and then she smiled. I think by this time she has already accepted the fact that Auntie Mary is no longer around. From 3rd day until last night, whenever we asked her where is auntie Mary, she will say "Auntie Mary go home".

She doesnt look sad and she just said it as a matter of fact. However i can sense that she still misses Mary cos every 2 days, she will call for 'Auntie Mary' and then she will tell herself "Auntie Mary go home".

The funny thing is she has always call Mary Auntie but when the new helper arrive, she calls the new helper "Auntie Reme". Her "Auntie or Auntie Mary" is only to Mary even until today, she doesnt call the new helper "Auntie" but Auntie Reme. I think she reserved Auntie for Mary. So sweet hor...

From this incident I realise we have underestimated how well kids at this age can actually comprehehend reality. My hubby and I were so so worried that she dun understand and kick up a big fuss but we learnt alot from Mary, she always believed that kids (doesnt matter how young), they will understand if you keep telling them. We dun have to lie or do anything extra - just tell hem the facts and they will understand when it really happened.

I lovesashimi

thank u so much for the valuable advice
happy.gif
i dono how to start mine and a long story to put it down here. can i pm u for contact and explain further? thks!

Win / ilovesashimi,
My helper is due for renewal in Aug. She verbally promised to renew. Hope she keep to her promise because it is not easy to find a new helper now and besides she is quite good with my boy, having take care of him since he was 4 mth.

Just to share, my previous helper went home when my #3 was 4 months old and #2 was 6 years old. She was with me for 6 years. It was ok for #3 since he was only 4 months old then. #2 was quite sad as the helper took care of him since he was born so there is an attachment. We told him few months before the helper was leaving and it helps that he's old enough to understand. The 2 maids were around for about 3 weeks for "transition". After my maid left, ds cried for the first few nights and said he missed her. But after a few days, he got over it and stopped asking. I believe the kids will all get over it although it takes time.

Jun/iluvsashimi

shes my 1st helper since my gal born. Shes single n likes kids. Dun want to renew cos she want to go hk/taiwan. My helper told me she does not want to teach the new one fearing that the new one dun like. I at a loss. I fear my gal will total reject if she sees a new face in our hse. This new one has work sg n take care of kids before. Has 1 child who is 3 yrs old. Becos of this transition, i really worried. As a full time working mum, i cant always take leave to be with them haiz... Headache
sad.gif

Win,
I fully understand your dillema. I change maid twice within 1 month when #1 dd was 20 months and when I was due to give birth to #2 ds. The maid told my gal that mama is going to give birth to didi and nobody wants her anymore. She was threatening my gal in order to get her to listen to her instructions. My gal kept having nightmare and resented the brother. Few weeks later, I send this maid away and got a new one. My gal took a few days to get used to it but generally was quite smooth. Young kids can adapt very fast so don't worry. Perhaps you can take leave for 3-4 days to observe your new maid and during this transition. Let her play with your gal to build up rapport.

Bean: I can't wait for the day hailey weans off her bottle!!!

Adv sport: slowly ba, at least she does It when ur mum asks her to. Means she can one la. Haah!

Jun: I tot boys more difficlt cuz gt to knw hw to aim. Rofl!

Jamie,
After 1 week, still not much progress. He sometimes (depend on mood) will pee in the toilet. Still using diapers now as he doesn't want to tell us and hubby v particular over him peeing all over the house. Sigh...

jun, toilet train is not easy but as long as we dun give up, the kids can do it one day! since u hv a helper, get her to clr the mess. my gal is not fully trained yet and we dun let her wear diapers in the day unless nap. hopefully one day i can succeed haha!!!

my boy also not toilet train yet...
mine is opposite of Jamie...he willing to sit in potty to poo but if we bring him to pee, he is super unhappy lor..

every morning before go school, its a ritual to sit in potty to poo so that nhe is poo free for the rest of the day... but sometimes after dinner he wil poo again..buthe is not able to tell us yet lor..
he is on trainig pants for 2 month coz my parents were ard...he wil only tell us when already done...2 months, he stil wont tell us before gg..now no extra help to clean accident..so back to diaper at home liao...no time to clean after accident lor.

PD say if they say after they do means they not ready..they are ready when they say before it happens n able to hold for a while for u to bring them to toilet
only then they are ready...
so i just let hiim be lor..

my fren kid was never on trainig pants etc..when she was 26 months she just said whenever she wanna pee or poo...quite a "miracle"

i'm back! hahaha!
my gal also hvnt start to toilet train yet. pee/fart, she say poo. thr was a time she wld tell us poo before she did it or clutch her crotch area when her diaper is full, but she dun do it anymore. haiz...
think i will be a lazy mummy & let cc do the hard work ;p

Good Afternoon Mummies

Everyone happy with the polling results? I am happy that WP has won. And kinda sad that Mr Chiam has lost. Not forgetting TPL has slide her way into Parliament easily. Come to think that we have to pay tax every yr juz to support her extravagant spending damn it!!

--- On Tue, 10/5/11, Charles Tan (Volunteer Resource Network) <[email protected]> wrote:

From: Charles Tan (Volunteer Resource Network) <[email protected]>
Subject: Outings for the Underprivileged Children
To: "Charles Tan (Volunteer Resource Network)" <[email protected]>
Date: Tuesday, 10 May, 2011, 11:22

Dear all

We are still short of sponsors and volunteers for the outings arranged for the Underprivileged children, below is the updated numbers :

No. of Children Sponsor : 12
No. of Volunteers : 6

We hope to have about 45 children and 35 volunteers to come along for this Ice Cream Making Workshop, for those who can help, do get back to me by 15 May 2011 so we will have sufficient time to send out the flyers to the children.

In the event we are unable to get sufficient sponsors, we will cancel the outing and will refund those who have sponsored so you can use the funds to reach out to others instead.

Thank you

Regards
Charles Tan
Volunteer Resource Network
Email : [email protected]
URL : www.vrnetwork.org

From: Charles Tan (Volunteer Resource Network) [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Thursday, 5 May, 2011 11:09 AM
Subject: June Holiday Programme for the Children

Dear all

We will be resuming our outings for the children from the low income family this June after taking a break last Dec. This coming June, we plan to bring the kids to downtown east for an Ice Cream Making Workshop and have Ice Cream Buffet there as well, below are the details :

Event : Ice Cream Making Workshop + Ice Cream Buffet
Date : 18 June 2011 (Saturday)
Time : 10am to 2pm (Tentative)
Venue : Downtown East
Meeting point : Daybreak Family Service Centre
Blk 855 Yishun Ring Road Training Wing
(5 mins walk from Khatib MRT Station )

Targeted number of Children : 45
Volunteers required : 25

The cost for each child is about $35.00 which will cover the cost of the event, including lunch and cookie packs for each child. We hope each of you can sponsor at least one child for the trip, we will also need some volunteers to join us for the trip to take care of the children and help them out during the ice cream making workshop when we are there.

For those who would like to sponsor, you can mail a cheque payable to “Maple Lifestyle”, indicate “VRN June” and mail it to :

Maple Lifestyle
195 Pearl’s Hill Terrace
#01-32
Singapore 168976

Please let us know the details of your cheque such as bank, cheque number and amount via email if you are sending by cheque.

For those who preferred to funds transfer, please do email me separately for the account number to transfer.

Do remember me to update me so I can consolidate the sponsored funds, we will stop accepting funds once we have enough as per our usual practice.

And for those who are keen to volunteer, do provide me with the following particulars :

1) Name
2) NRIC
3) Contact Number
4) Email address

The cost for each volunteer is $38.00, we will likely be getting McDonald Lunch for everyone, if you are a vegetarian, do inform us and we will pack lunch separately for you.

We hope to be able to get your support to sponsor up to a max of 45 children from the low income family group for this trip.

Regards
Charles Tan
Volunteer Resource Network
Email : [email protected]
URL : www.vrnetwork.org

Hi,

Am posting for information as they are short of sponsors and volunteers for the event. Pls liaise with the organiser directly if you are interested in helping out..

Thanks a mil! =)

hi mummies !

we all had fun attending each others birthday party ! looking forward to the last one next weekend !

jamie, i dont think my boy will weans off bottle so soon...he still loves his bottle so much !

toilet training
i think cc alrdy starts to train him...he will tell me tt he wants to "susu" when i remove his diapers..hahaha

tis thread seems to be quiet lately..

my boy juz turned 2 yrs few wks ago.. I believe most of the mummies here hv also celebrated their kids bday recently.. can any mummy share wif me what is ur child food intake like? I an giving my child as per following. not sure if I am doing the right thing.

8am - 210ml milk
11.30am - porridge or mee hoon soup
1pm - 240ml milk
1pm - 3.30pm - nap time
6.30pm - rice
10pm - 240ml milk before sleep

am I feeding him correctly?

Hi Taurus,

Seems like there is no breakfast for your boy? Milk at 8am to last till 11.30 am seems not enough as they are very active now. You can squeeze in breakfast at 9ish.

Also, you can intro snack at around 4 pm after his nap.

Morning Mummies, am very tired, didn't slp at all....my fil passed away last nite. I dono where to go. So come here to pour my sorrows.....

Thks juju. He was holding his breath to see his children. I managed to stay by his bed side. He left peacefully. A pity my sil hb did not. Come to think of ytd nite mil remarks to her son in law makes me jitter. Wat if i was the one, will she blame me forever?

Win,

Take care...

Did your FIL passed away suddenly? Or due to sickness ? Maybe your SIL HB was working? U mean he din turn up or he was too late when he reAch?

How old is your FIL ? I think I will also feel like u... Dunno where to pout my sorrows as I have yet to handle death of close kin

win,
i think if he cannot make it due to work, then kinda bo bian, right?
if he din make it bcos he dun wan to, then its another matter la. maybe ur mil was too distraught to think properly?

kayla/juju, he passed away due to sickness which was too sudden. hes only 60 yrs old. Frances is still so small and he has to leave us. i really....dunno.....

he actualli reach before me as he send my sil there. but he went out to buy dinner for them. seeing my fil condition worsen, hb and sil keep calling his hp but there was no ans...too late when he reach. agree that mil too distraught at that point of time. No one has mentioned it since and everyone is trying not to think so much and move on with our daily lives...

long time din check here...

win, so sorry to hear abt ur fil's sudden passing... time will heal!

my fil battled with colon cancer for a long time... though doc told us his condition was very bad and moved him to hospice, we were still caught off guard when he suddenly din wake up one morning
sad.gif
hubby was very upset as he was suppose to be on nite duty that nite but swap with sil as he had to attend a seminar the next day. in the end, my fil passed away with only my sil by his side... fil was 59 years old -- young like ur fil...

one year on, mil is better and our wounds r healing slowly.

Win
Very sorry to hear about your fil passing.
Take care.

It's a reminder for us to spend more time with our family.

Item Name: Chanel shoes
Url:www.chanelshoesshoponline.com

There are so many brand shoes, but you should not miss the

Chanel shoes. Nowadays, most of people like other excellent

shoes. You can chance to try it, you find The Chanel Shoes is

a good chance, you will never leave it. You can choose what

style for you,there are plenty of styles for you. And you

never worry match different ocassions.

Long time never come here, Win, sorry to know that your FIL passed away suddenly. My dad passed away more than 22 years ago when he's only 52 and I wasn't at his bed side....

Jasc, ya v sudden but we still have to move on.. Thread is so quiet nowadays. Mummies, faster come in n relive it!!!

hi hi mummies! long time no log in... my D-day is near and getting tired easily...

win, my hubby's side has history of colon cancer -- his grandfather and a few uncles also had that... blood in stool is one of the signs -- he tried to self medicate and only informed us much later.. by then, it was stage 2 -- he recovered after surgery n chemo... replased and spread to lung... i think it was mainly due to his unhealthy diet -- oily outside food as mil seldom cook...

it is impt to do a health check regularly -- i m worried for my hubby and started him on colon cleansing (as a precaution)... n insist on homecooked food with lotsa fruits...

porky, long time no gathering... will be fun to see our running toddlers together
happy.gif
they hv grown so much! i miss their babies' time :p

Good Morning Mummies
happy.gif

adv, how to do colon cleansing? I thought stool has blood is heaty n usually will be ok in a day or two?

Back