(2009/05) May 2009 MTBs

jamie, yup
happy.gif
this year, she can blow the candle herself
happy.gif
i asked her if she wants doraemon or minnie cake -- her reply was doraemon :p

jamie,
im still thinking whether to incl frens anot. otherwise is family only. not even planning to do at mil's

adv,
im even thinking to skip cc this yr, cos the tots/PG/pre-nur/nur r in the same visible area & all the tchrs noe jodie. so paiseh if i jus celebrate within tots grp & invite tots tchrs
sad.gif

Re: Toilet Training - failed terribly. Some days good but most days bad. After 1 week, too tiring of changing her hence give up. Trying to find a CC to enroll her in so that CC can help to train. :D

Transfering to Tot bed: Have already moved her to sofa bed for abt a month already. Got fed up with her constant waking so change "environment" for her. She still wake up but at least not as scary as 3-5 times a night. The prob is the softa bed is about queen size bed so worried that when moving her to toddler bed, she may not be used to it- perhaps too "constraint"?

adv, i also converse w my parents in teochew esp my dad..my mum is a hokkien. btw we will be taking the photoshoot again this year..still sourcing ard. u hv any idea ? we both had dreamgarden last year ya ?

re : toilet training
jamie, hahaha ! jaeden will walk to one corner, hold onto something then he start to poo..if someone talk to him or touch him, he will change position..seems like no one can disturb them when they poo ! and yes he only tells us when he is done

re : 2nd birthday
juju, i will get cupcakes for cc..no celebrations and no party packs this year

jamie, i wont invite relatives this time round..only cols and frens !

re : toddler bed
same as lovell, i will get a normal bed with pull out bed below..so #2 can slp on it also..anyway we will b planning for #2 quite soon

adv: yuan2 same like mummy la.. hehee!!

ju, jean: small n ez one la.. =) my hb also say no nd coll. but i tink those close to us become more like frens one i will invite. =)

ilovesashimi: ya hailey also failed terribly. back to the diapers liao nw. =p

jean: hailey can ^5 with jaeden. when we try to touch her, she says "BEAT!!" hahaha!!

re: toddler bed
hailey slp on mattress nx to our bed nw. bt she still likes me to slp nx to her. so redundant lei lk that.. =( i hope can get rid of all those habits before we hv #2.. =/

Porky,
I guess i wun do for cc at all. Quite weird if i only do for her tots grp only

Jamie,
Mine still in the same bed. Lol!

Re: toilet training
Jodie is still inconsistent in reporting her toileting activities, so wun start training yet. Either whn she's ready or whn cc starts, whichever is earlier

good morning mummies
happy.gif

jamie, m getting a minnie cake for my family celebration + minnie balloon bouquet... for cc, will get a doraemon cake (from polar as there r a few malay teachers)... will get another doraemon cake from bakery for hubby's family...

yes, yuan2 is sleeping in her own room since 8 weeks old
happy.gif
gotta discard my sofa bed to make room for a single bed.... eventually, will put the cot and single bed in the same room -- both of them can have a "party" in their own room :p

bean, the playpen still can support claire's weight?!

ju, yuan2's cc is small -- so will get a big cake and invite ifc to share the celebration
happy.gif

porky, yuan2's cc advise us not to give goodies bag -- save me the trouble
happy.gif

i m still sourcing on which studio... yup, both jaeden n yuan2 took their 1st bday pic at dreamgarden
happy.gif

jamie, hi5 !!! jaeden will smack us if we try to touch or "disturb" him when he poo..wahahahaha

same like juju, jaeden is still sleeping on my bed..if wan to hv #2, must do it secretly !!!

adv, i saw jaeden's cc still got some mummies gv out goodie bags..but i think is quite messy lah..i wont gv this time. if u found good & cheap studio, let me know ok ?
happy.gif

good morning mummies
happy.gif

ju, if jodie's cc is too big, then skip it lor...

porky, haha, must hv rendevous with hubby without jaeden ard :p

most of the goodies bags hv chocolate n sweets that i dun let yuan2 eat... so better do away with it... instead, gonna have a balloon party -- the kids love it
happy.gif

bean, ur playpen very steady!

good morning mummies
happy.gif

lately my gal has been crying at nite
sad.gif
dono is it due to overplay in daytime haiz......ytd she cried and say open, open i dono wat she wants...so frustrated. hb says so young, too much dreams...is it ok to give her 'jing feng shan'? thinking og gg yu yan sang to chk it out...

win, hailey had this prob of waking and crying n kicking in frustration too. cant manage to even pick her up cuz she jus keeps kicking. end up i on my itouch and let her listen to some soft music n she'll calm down. then doze off. lasted for abt 2 wks i tink. i gif jing feng san bt like no use lei, so i jus roughed it out. =p

oh dear seems that many mummies are facing something that I gone through last Dec too. It must be very tough on mummies esp those who are working. Hang in there.. it is a phase.. for me - since last DEc until now, 3 full mths liao.. still the same.. with it happening once every 2 - 3 days instaead of every day..

For the 1st 2.5 mths, its every single night with at least 2-3 times (max 5 times).. the recent 2 weeks, it reduced to 2-3 days with 1-2 times.

me no longer pop by here..too busy with march 11 thread
happy.gif

abt toddler bed...those with #2 on the way..tt's the best reason to put #1 on toddler bed oredi...

i transited my boy in when i was 8 month plus pregnant coz took me sometime to get the bed of our choice..

got thisupersize double decker bed n has an aeroplane on it... my boy loves it at first sight..he couldnt b bother with the play pen liao...
initially he sleep alone...
only recently the daddy sleep in the same rooom coz the newborn sleep in master becdroom with me..so if daddy want more peace.sleep with #1

bean...KL furniture shop got lots of double decker bed choices.... more than sg n half the price

Hi Jamie - congrats! Didnt know that you have given birth!

I also transited my gal to sofa bed which is readily available at home. However i am in dilemma because we needed to get a proper toddler bed but all bed seem small compared to the sofa bed (which is queen size).

I think my girl is pretty used to it esp with the big space.. she can roll around. Worried that she may not be able to get used to toddler bed.. sob..

Any mummies have any advice?

ilovesashimi..
dont worry abt space..before i send my boy to his current single size bed....i try to let him sleep alone on a queen size bed in the guest room which is on the floor...
he was turning all sides of the bed..n even fell but conitnue sleeping...

then he went to his single bed with safety rail..so he just turn all angle within the constaint space lor...
no issue...

they will make do wiht wat little space they have

tt day my house got guest overnight..so my boy has to sleep inbetween me n hubby on a queen size bed...so little space..he can turn 360 degree...he totally not affected..only me n my hubby affected..his leg on my hubby head etc...

cant believe toddler can be such bad sleeper man.

win/jamie, my boy will talk in his slp at night leh...he say "mummy i dont wan, i dont wan, i dont wan"...then i say "okok u dont wan"...aft tt he falls back to slp again...lol..dunno isit daytime play too much in cc...btw he still on his paci n smelly pillow...if i took away these 2 items from him..i think he wont slp tight loh

Hi mummies,

Need some advice. My boy is turning 2 in May this year but he still isn't talking much (i think he can only say less than 10 words....) Is that normal? Or I should send him for assessment or something like that?

Thx!

jaime, yuan2 also helicopter while she slept in between us during holiday. poor mummy n daddy got kick left, right, centre *haha*

lately, her leg will get stuck in the cot in the middle of the nite and cried for help -- so it is time to transfer her to toddler bed... we let her try on ikea toddler bed -- she loves it
happy.gif

win, hope frances outgrow the nightmare phase...

Hi mummies,
long time never pop here
happy.gif

Win,
I also got frustrated w Rachel almost 1 week me n hubby cant sleep probably. Rachel from 11.30 until 5 am will cry, kick n not let us touch her. My hubby say she dream but I cant tahan 2 days ago I slap her tigh n she cry. But after that she sleep until 5am. I got panda eyes liao
sad.gif

Dunno wat to do also ... I also ask jamie.

Btw mummy this year no Birthday bash for our toddlers?

Good Afternoon Mummies
happy.gif

juz came back frm my shopping spree! happy, happy with my buys whahahaaa!!!

lily/jean/adv, these few nites shown slight improvement
happy.gif
hopefully she continues and me and hb will hv peaceful nite.

re: toddler bed
hmm.. so far no intention of getting it as my gal still prefers to sleep matress placed on the floor. but keen to get matrix bed when shes older
happy.gif

Porky, Isaac also stand in one corner or hide near a door when he's doing his business. He'll tell me 'no no no' if I go near him.

Bad sleeping habits: Isaac occupies the whole single mattress also turns many round, he'll sure fall from bed if I put him on a bed.

Porky - 2 days back, similar thing happened to my gal too. She woke up in the morning and she told me sadly "mama, baby dont know swim" then i replied "ok, nevermind no need to swim". Then she closed her eyes for a while. After that she opened her eyes and said "Mama, baby want swim" and i told her "ok - daddy will bring you go swimming next week" and she smiled and woke up fully.

Its been more than a year since we last bring her go swimmig and i wonder why she dreamt of swimming... haha..

dear all mummies,

my boy was also born in may '09. he will be turning 2 next month. however, he still doesn't know how to call papa and mama. the only word he says is "no more", other than that, is all baby language. i am kinda of worried. any experienced mummy out there can advise me what should i do? thought of either send him to a polyclinic and hv him referred to KKH for speech therapy or send him to childcare to pick up his speech.

i am very lost now. everyday keep worrying for him
sad.gif

morning mummies !

hahaha ! seems like a lot of the tots here are having dreams ! my boy will talk sometimes in his sleep...i think is play too much lah...suddenly he will say i dont wan, or i wan i wan..i just replied him back then he is ok and go back to slp...dunno to laugh or cry..esp u will get shock sometimes when they sudden talk or kick angrily

Taurus: To have a piece of mind, why dont you check with your PD? He/ She would be able to advise.I have heard kids whom didnt talk until 3 years older and they turned out fine.

Hi Taurus,

KKH appointment need to wait a fair bit, I have read in the forum (other thread) that for speech therapy, the waiting time can be a few months.. Why not you make an appointment 1st if you are really worried. Maybe when the time comes, he starts to speak more words and you don't need to bring him for the assessment.

CC environment is good for them to pick up speaking, as there is a need to - because the routine caring will not be as attentive compared to home care - one to one. Perhaps you want to try few hours playgroup 1st? Also, it is better for them to go playgroup / CC at this age then solely home care, they are absorbing alot now, it is good to have some fun, stimulating enrivonment.

My friend's son did not speak until around few months before he turns 3. When he is 2 yrs old, my friend let him attend 2 hrs playgroup because he is not speaking any word then. So don't worry too much. If you are really worried, then get a proper assessment to put you at ease.

hi ilovesashimi & pastries,

thanks very much for your advices.. i intend to put my son in the childcare. will start off with maybe 2-3 hrs a day. right now am doing some research to see which childcare is gd around my area. i hope his speech will improve after putting him in the CC.

thanks.

Hi taurus

Are there other young kids around your boy on a regular basis? My daughter wasn't talking much until we went on a 2-week holiday with my 2 nieces (age 2 & 4) last dec, and she started yakking non-stop after that. She was attending weekly GUG classes before that, but weekdays she sees just us and the grandparents. She started going to childcare this year, and she has gotten even more vocal. I think it's more important to assess if your boy understands what you're saying to see if he has a speech problem, the vocal part just takes practice. Like what the other mummies say, putting him in the right environment will help
happy.gif

Hi mummies,
I seldom comes into this thread but do read it sometimes. My #3 boy is also born in May. He is sleeping with us on the king size bed now. He wakes up quite often like at least 3 times a night and will either ask for milk or throw tantrums. Can I know if your kids still wake up at night to drink milk? I'm also trying to toilet train him but he refused to go to the toilet. Whenever I mention toilet, he will shout 'no no'.

good morning mummies !

jun, my boy wont ask for milk if he wakes at night..but he will throw tantrums like kicking or crying loudly if cant find his paci or "chou chou"

jas, u wan those pre-packed goodie bags ? bp hv leh..or u wan to buy the party bags only then u put in the sweets/snacks yourself ? i think like this will be more cost saving
happy.gif

Porky, I can buy party bags but not sure if I have the time. Bp have it? Very long never go SMH bp, no time to browse the forum and read St Times. Soon will go peng san! I need a break!

Jun,

my gal do not request for milk at night. Her last feed ranges between 9.30-10.30pm though.

First feed of the day will be around 6-6.15am.

She does not wake up through the night except to change her sleeping position. She sleeps on the mattress (on the floor) next to us else with us on the bed.

Jun: Mine still wake up at least once a night. Just crying for someone to go into her room and then she will fall asleep again. Then we have to sneak out before she realised. i think maybe he is not ready yet to be toilet trained? Mine was like this but now she started to pee on toilet bowl before we bath her. Hopefully in time to come, she will auto tell us she wants to pee into toilet bowl then i guess it would be an indication that shes ready ba.

jasc, party bags i think a lot of place got sell..unless u looking for those character theme one. bp hv some ready stk ones. i browse the forum daily..but no time to read ST when work

I got a feeling he just wants attention. He will wake up and call papa mama, then want us to pat him back to sleep. I find it a chore to wake up and make milk for him but daddy has been spoiling him. He said he could be hungry. Sigh... Few month ago, it was worse. He would wake up at 3 or 4am, get down my bed and call the jie jie to wake up and play with him. My gal is attending am session in primary school, so she needs enough sleep. Luckily she usually ignores him and continue to sleep. Lol

toilet training:
Feeling a bit stress because my neighbors' kids around his age are already learning. Last time, his kor kor could do it at 18mth, while he's going to turn 2 next month. Also, the weather is getting hot and he sweats, then gets rashes from wearing diapers. If can toilet train then will be better.

Jun:
I don't think its advisable to force him if he is not ready. I don't think having diapers at 2 is no good or anything.
happy.gif
Like my girl is not toilet trained yet at the moment because she likes her diaper and refuse to sit on a potty. So I don't see any point into forcing her when she is not ready. Its both stressful for me and her so at this point I prefer to take it easy. haha.

I believe alot of babies are still not toilet trained. So you don't have to be stressed. When its time, I believe you can achieve in a week! So don't worry too much ya? :D

Jun,

My boy still wakes up at night for milk, but since like 1 month ago, he seldom wake up for milk, it just happens naturally.. We almost wanted to start training him not to wake up for milk then it stopped.

Occasionally he woke up just to throw tantrum too! There is a period whereby he will wake up 3 or 4 times per week, cried and want to go living room to play. The tantrum can last as long as 1 or 2 hr! Now he knows that we are not letting him get his way so he don't do it.. It is indeed very very tiring and fruastrating.

My boy is not toilet trained too, I am too lazy to start it.. I think not a issue for them not to be toilet train now. My boy also don't tell me when he wants to poo poo, in fact, he quietly passed motion and then tell me, no poo poo!

my boy is still not toilet trained too..i do not wan to feel too stress abt it until he is really ready or cc told me he can be off the diaper alrdy
happy.gif

jasc, yes skp hv a lot

Back