(2009/04) April 2009 MTBs

think me let him sleep n tummy lor... so this sleeping pattern works for him and for me too... me start this only last week..

before this, he can sleep only 30min, the longest is 1hr per sessions and gotta carry hor... worst thing when my niece whining... and she can whin non-stop one hor... and she will whin/ scream every 5min... her napping time is short too, the most is 1hr...

not really hor... as you can see from 4-7/8pm me "throw" him to let my FIL to entertain hor... think that's his cranky moment... err... partly coz FIL starts to rock him on the rocker, so #2 knows his timing to be rock.... FIL starts it so he gotta do it lor... me totally disagree to "rock, swing" kinda things... coz find that diff ppl will do it diff yah... so how do me know to what strength shld me use leh... ha!!! ooppppsss.. complaining here again...

ha!! my boy pass his feeding time... shld be 1130hr but he's still sleeping leh... gotta wake up him @1pm if he doeent wake up lor...

<font color="aa00aa">wah read about what mamex what mamil until blur.

Anyways,PAT/BonBon/Jam,if you have extra of the long long milk powder scoop,can give me 1?

I'm still using enfalac,cuz bb pooing well,mostly 2 times a day.Normal colour,not too wet or hard.But now I'm concerned is Justin overweight huh? He was 6.2 kg a few days ago ley,should I cut down some of his feed?</font>

<font color="aa00aa">BTW,is Punggol Plaza the one with Hwa Xia swimming,Koufu,KFC ? Just want to make sure I get the right building.If it is ,good.Can go there for my pap smear first then join you for lunch.Let me know

Re: Suki japanese buffet
Venue: Punggol plaza
Time: 2pm (its frm 2 - 430pm)
Date: 11/6 or 12/6 (pls indicate beside ur name)

1. Kris - any date
2. Catherine - any date
3. OW_MUMMY- any date..
4. Marie - any date
5. Pat - any date
6. Rose - 12/6
7. 4eva - any date</font>

<font color="ff3399">rose, i dun have the long scoop.. mine is the short one cos i only bot the small 400gm tin n 1.5kg tin, din buy the 700gm plastic container that Pat gotten.. hehe

usually when i get the 1.5kg tin, i'll use a small container n take abt 200-400gm out n use that small spoon easier n the powder dun moisten so fast.. mamex gold i feel once contact water vapour will turn sticky sticky... the spoon also alot powder harden on it..

cait poos abt once every 2 days..

leereiner, same! my girl supposed drink at 1130am now still shiok shiok in yao lan.. haha considering preparing the milk n then go ka jio her at 1pm
happy.gif
</font>

<font color="aa00aa">Venue: United Sq
Time: 12:30pm
Date: 17Jun2009 (Wed)

1) Rose (anything)
2) BB mummy (Bakerzin/Swensens/Cedele)
3) Kris (Bakerzin/Swensens/Cedele)
4) Catherine (Bakerzin/Cedele)
5) Chocz (anything)
6) Pei
7) Marie
8) Kidzskidz w Sebastian (feel free to try out our Lascal BB Carrier than)
9) Audrey (anything)
10) Powerball</font>

<font color="aa00aa"> Lovj,I buy from KP's contact.$38 per tin .must buy at least 12 tins.But KP says not very cheap,can get $37 elsewhere.You ask her ok?
Lovj,noticed that you still got the glass bottles milk from hospital? Can I have the bottle caps please?No need the milk,I just want bottle caps</font>

<font color="aa00aa">rose
wah, ur justin so chubby at 6.2kg ah
my boy think just slightly above 5kg but since its avg wt, ok lah, so long healthy lor... hee hee...

bonbon
oh, if mr bonbon can dropby even beta! then i dun hv to rush rush liao... kam sia ya.
but no hurry lah, we arrange via sms only when mr bonbon got time okie?</font>

re: MAMEX SOY
any1 want the above? will let go cheap cheap
happy.gif

i got 1 brand new tin but not used. expiry in 2010 if not wrong.

<font color="0000ff">I dun have the bottle cap. the hospital give me one, once opened, it cannot closed back..

KP contact is 38 per tin ah.. i thought is only 35.. or the contact increase the price liao...

KP, where can u get at 37?
</font>

<font color="aa00aa">Venue: United Sq

1) Rose (anything)
5) Chocz (anything)
6) Pei
7) Marie
8) Kidzskidz w Sebastian (anything)
9) Audrey (anything)
10) Powerball</font>

<font color="119911">KP:</font> Yes, return the milk powder to the fridge right after u scooped what u need -- avoid any condensation forming
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">kittybride:</font> I know, so tough and heartwrenching to see our darlings cry like that. For my B1, she's ok now when I'm nt the one bringing her to cc (used to b my exclusive duty) bt now she'll cry whenever her daddy nds to leave the house. He's had no choice bt to sneak out. And even then, if she hears the door close she'd run out and cry loudly til he's had to come back in a couple of times oledi...

rose, i have the long spoon, can pass to you when we meet next time. i got 6 more small tins to finish...bought 4 from TMC previously, den mum won 4D buy 2 more for andrea...so all the small tins have the long spoon...remind me when we meet next time ok?

wah, $51.80 for big tin is super duper good deal. i think i want to go check it out also
happy.gif
thanks for the tips sh...

ha, my boy will wake up for milk 4hrly at nite. At day, he's sleepy but can't seems to sleep. Carry him can sleep but once put in sarong or cot only will cry. Mostly aftnn he can't sleep but keep yawning n crying. Headache!

<font color="33ccpp"> Rose - how many glass bottle caps u need? I think i still have some spare can give u if u want. Let me know
happy.gif

Lovej - u dont accept PM leh..</font>

Hi asp_23... did you try getting him on bouncer? My gal had the same prob, but the bouncer work wonders for her during the day. =)

jam, u got 1 long spoon to spare me ma? I only got 1 and very difficult to change, everytime wash le got to quickly dry it to use. Oso find tat powder always stick onto the spoon. The long spoon gd to use but too bad big tins don hv. I got the only one when buying the small tin for 1st trial. If u got extra spoon to spare, n got come to e prov shop buy milk powder, sms me i go down take from u can?

Sh, can. most probably i will go down on wednesday to get the FM cos on the way to Potong Pasir. can pm me your hp number, will txt/call you before i come down
happy.gif

Wah... after reading all these, I feel like letting my girl sleep on her tummy for the whole night as well. But I have read from various sources that sleeping on tummy causes higher incidence of SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome), and I am quite paranoid about this leh cos the incidence is highest for babies under 6 mths old. I sleep till 9 am everyday (yeah lazy mummy!) so when my girl wakes up at 6-7am, I put her on her tummy next to me and she sleeps with me till 9am hehe... But I don't dare to do this at night leh...

My girl loves to sleep on the bouncer too hehe... the moment we put her on the cot when she is asleep in the bouncer, within the next 15mins she will cry out loud... tsk tsk.

Venue: United Sq

1) Rose (anything)
5) Chocz (anything)
6) Pei (anything)
7) Marie
9) Audrey (anything)
10) Powerball

KP, i also choose maid base on looks.. must be pleasent looking.. but hor now i realise that my maid quite vain de lei.. when i said i bring her out to my mum place, she will put powder and change her clothes etc..actually its just a short trip lo.. as if she is meeting her bf lor.. sometimes want to say her cos i see liao buay tahan arh..haha..

Sh.. ya i agree with Jas.J get a electric bouncer/yao lan like what bonbon do.. i also thinking of getting a yaolan but my hubby don't allow,
sad.gif
so i will have to continue to rock and walk him to sleep lor.. during the night i will swaddle him, he can sleep well thru the night sometimes..

my bb wake up 2 hourly, sometimes he can sleep the most 2-3 hours in the day depending on the weather, if its raining, he can sleep very long, if its a hot weather, he can sleep at most 30min-1hr then need to rock him back to sleep again..

chocz, you can still try registering at Ai Tong School leh. What you need to do is go down to MOE to do the statutory declaration before P1 registration, to verify that your parents' home address is near the school. You can check out more information here:
http://www.moe.gov.sg/education/admissions/primary-one-registration/#statutory-declaration

However, even if your parents' home is within one km of the school, your child will still be balloted in the 1-2km category. For schools like Ai Tong, the balloting under phase 2B (parent volunteer) will be done either in the within 1km category or 1-2km category. Outside 2km confirm no chance already. In the event that balloting is done in the within 1km category, the rest have no chance already. So if you wanna increase your chances of getting into the school, can apply to be PV, try in phase 2B. If can't get, then try in phase 2C again. But the 'risk' is that if can't get in during both phase 2B and 2C, MOE will just anyhow allocate the child a school nearby in phase 3.

That's why those parents whose children got places during balloting looked so happy in the news hehehe...

KP &amp; Always, I think I am opposite from you two leh. I helped to choose my family maid like almost 6 years back, and I purposely chose an average looking one. Don't like pretty ones cos worried that they may try to look for BFs outside! When my family maid first came like 5 years plus ago, she was those typical countryside girl, now she is very singaporean-ised and she starts to dress up more. But luckily she is still not the vain type, she even told me that she got approached by Bangladeshi when she went out to buy things, but she found those gross wahaha...

Always, i would say i dun look for just pretty kind, i look for 1 typical look which is pleasant looking and guai:p so far it has proved effective cos i chose my mil and mother's maid..both v good:p heheh

<font color="ff6000">Jam, thanks for the explanation hor. keke I'm glad I didn't buy the wrong brand.

I'm changing from enfalac to mamex gold coz Chanessa is bui bui lor. Her stools are ok, about once in 2 days and soft. Probably it's coz I always dilute her feeds. Imagine, always diluted feeds but she still so bui leh. Very worried about her being too fat.

For mamex gold, I am diluting the feeds also lor. partly to up the water intake so that she won't get hard stools. partly to fill her up so she won't get hungry too but don't want to feed her too much such that she'll put on more weight.

I think I will buy the big tins and empty the contents into the small plastic container bah.

I am slowly changing her milk but not like what was mentioned. She's drinking 120ml - 4 scoops. I mix 1 scoop of mamex into every 2.5 scoops of of enfalac for the first 2 days. Now, i mix 1.5 scoop of mamex and 2 scoops of enfalac. I will slowly increase until my enfalac finishes coz now I still have about 1.5 tin of enfalac.

glad there are good reviews. LovJ, gynae recommended mamex gold coz of the immunofortis. like what jam said, it's good for the infant's guts since we don't have breastmilk to give them the immunity.

I would have already finished like 8-9 tins of enfalac before totally switching to mamex. Enfalac is good. I love the fine powder very much and it really does smell like full cream cream when dry. doesn't smell good when it's cold though.

Mamex gold on the other hand smells like flour instead of milk and yes lor, I don't really like that the powder is moist. the scoop gets a layer of powder on it one.

Kris, you said it dissolves completely arh? I don't know if it's coz my water is not warm enough or what but I find that enfalac dissolves better leh, maybe coz the powder is much much finer. but I really really love the packaging and coz of the immunofortis mamex has, I guess I will still make the switch. all in the name of science keke. somemore it's so much cheaper than enfalac.</font>

<font color="ff6000">Jam, can you spare me a couple of the plastic containers with the spoon when you are finished with the FM? keke..

I will be emptying the big tins into the plastic containers but I'm guessing I would need to replace the plastic containers every now and then bah. so I standby first. either that, or I can empty all the contents of the big tin into 3 small tins. probably can reuse about 2-3 times before needing to buy the smaller containers myself.

Ok, time to bathe my lazy girl. talk later. haiyo, chanessa is sooo sweet. think our own child will always be the best in our eyes. keke</font>

<font color="ff6000"> an average looking maid is good enough lah. Must be pleasant I agree. If not, look at her everyday feel like punching her also definitely cannot work out.

Best if got experience lah. I haven't helped to choose maids before but my mum has changed quite a lot of maids. the prettier ones generally tend to give more problems coz in our very realistic society, ppl who look better tend to get away with a lot of things, so they tend to be more complacent and work less hard.

I don't want to generalize lah hor kkeeke. doesn't apply to all pretty maids lah. some not-so-goodlooking ones are also guilty of being complacent.

ok gotta go.</font>

KP &amp; HappyLittleWoman, then you both are lucky to find a guai de.. my maid consider quite ok but just that i am bother about her vain.. as long as she don't come and seduce my hubby, i will close one eye .. HAHAHAHA..

yap, read up on sleeping on tummy, the risk is higher - Sudden Infant Death Syndrome. so @ 1st me slept beside him then slowly check on him every 30min or so... he sleeps on his back @ nite thru the nite lor...

ya, the bouncer is meant lying down only, didnt knwo that my FIL went to rock him... sometimes my boy cried loud, he wld rock harder... the lounder my boy cries the harder he'll rock.... wonder how to tell him off eh???!!! there's once me said when my boy cried... "ooohh... it's time to rock but mummy doesnt know how to do leh" when FIL was in the room watching his show... no choice lor, me gotta carry him...

<font color="ff3399">Always, that day after we dropped u home i glanced at ur maid hor.. not that pretty type la.. haha think ur hubby sure wun even look at her even if she try to seduce! haha got such a pretty wife liao he wun even think abt looking at her one la.. :p

Jam, u bot the smaller Mamex from TMC is it the squarish plastic box with the golden lid that flips open? i havent bot that b4 cos it costs like $28+ and only 700gm i think, so i was calculating the 1.5kg can save $1 ma.. haha.. so its inside the plastic container that has long spoon? i bot the tiny 400gm metal can that time n short spoon inside only.. hmm..

pat, i also find that enfa easier to dissolve. mamex gold after swirling the bottle the powder still at the bottle or in lil lumps at the side.. i just try to swirl longer, dun really wanna use too hot water cos afraid of killing the nutrients in the milk..

just now someone mention similac can make chubbier baby rite.. ehehe.. i got a cousin who's girl is 6mth old now n at 4mth she alr L size n like double of my girl.. now 6mth she XL diaper alr.. dunno is it cos of the powder</font>

bonbon, yes only the 700g has the new squarish plastic container with long pink spoon and level function. The container also kept tight lid. i like it.

<font color="666600">Kris: taxi fare contra the dessert i took at earle.

Jam: taxi fare contra the bubble tea i had during gathering at Kris place. :p

bonbon: glad u can save $ by gg direct to togoyo. lots of stuff to see n buy hor. the powder has nothing to the size of baby. Xander's cousin who is 9wks 2 days older than him also SUMO size. He's now weighing over 8kg and cant only fit clothes meant for 9mths. but he is only feeding 120ml every 2-3hrly.</font>

sigh, i use e yao lan le. But my boy only will want to sleep when he feels like it. If he not very drowsy, u put him in he will scream!

Happylittlewoman, thks for the info...but dun think can get in lor coz it is a popular sch.

Today brought my gal to Healthway @ punggol plaza for jab, the doc is quite a nice lady..very patient, explained abt the jabs. Btw after the jabs, do we still nd to bring bb to PD for physical examination?

I think I MIA too long already, although been chattin with some mummies via FB/MSN..

Count me and bb Matthias in for the following outing
happy.gif

Venue: United Sq

1) Rose (anything)
5) Chocz (anything)
6) Pei (anything)
7) Marie
9) Audrey (anything)
10) Powerball
11) raspberrytea77

<font color="119911">bonbon,
dun tink ikea got digital scale leh, but will look out for u when im thr. but tmr im gg mac brekkie hor.

rose,
yup, PG is the one wif hwa xia n KFC.

pat,
my FM is mixed wif room temp. water, i dun use hot water at all. i like the dolphin, keke.</font>

<font color="119911">Re: Suki japanese buffet
Venue: Punggol plaza
Time: 2pm (its frm 2 - 430pm)
Date: 11/6 or 12/6 (pls indicate beside ur name)

1. Kris - any date
2. Catherine - any date
3. OW_MUMMY- any date..
4. Marie - any date
5. Pat - any date
6. Rose - 12/6
7. 4eva - any date

jam,
hw come ur name not in?</font>

<font color="66660">kris/bonbon: Ikea have the digital scale. I bought it last yr. I've seen it recently. I'll keep an eye for u, bonbon.
happy.gif
</font>

<font color="aa00aa">Jam,can give me 1 or 2 plastic container too?Hee hee,my hubby has been complaining that I'm very auntie/garang guni now,keep bringing home tupperware,containers etc etc

Irene,can I have the bottle caps as many as you can spare?I have about 10 bottles without caps</font>

dodos
i got one of the special edition bags. which ones you like?

chocz
i didn't know you stay near ai tong. thanks for the disc, next time can pass thing to you easily, i have dinner at my family almost every sat, they stay near ai tong as well.

kris
according to the newspaper, they have 2 chains, diff names. sound like they are quite big.

audrey
i think one month after birth bb should gain about 1kg.

pat
i know a mom who 100% bf, she loves chocolates and ice cream, her bb is super huge.

bonbon
you tried the tanjong rhu bao already?

Leereiner
your bb very easy to care for, how you train bb to a schedule like this?

<font color="ff6000">tanjong rhu bao is very nice!!!! reminds me that I should go and buy some. haven't been having it for years already.

kekeke yes lah. some breastfed bbies are big. kkee like KPs haha.</font>

dear mums, i have around 10 small glass bottles from hospital for give away, can contain breast milk. anyone interested can collect at my place at buangkok mrt.

have around 4-5 glass bottle caps, would like to exchg for some M size Mamy poko diapers....

pm me if interested. thanks

<font color="ff6000"> haha marie, I said some breastfed bbies are big. but most breastfed bbies won't grow as fast as formula-fed babies coz FM so fattening.</font>

Back