(2009/04) April 2009 MTBs

Ashleigh: Dont be discouraged
happy.gif
It is indeed very messy when babies start eating. My girl tries to put her fist into her mouth when i am feeding her. Then her messy hands would start rubbing into her hair, face, clothes... much more work for us to clean up as compared to drinking milk. But i think it is something new and fun for her, so i just let her be and then clean her again at the end of the meal.

But i think there is also a technique to feeding. When my HB does it, it is much cleaner and most of the food gets into her mouth. When i feed, most of the puree is left around her mouth then she looks like The Joker. So i think i just need to practice more
happy.gif

My girl was also initially not interested in her carrot puree, but after a few days she seemed ok. I think it is quite common reaction. Just continue trying
happy.gif

Any mummies made potato puree before. I tried over the weekend and it turned out HORRIBLE! It was like some starchy glue. Any advice on how to prepare the potato puree?

piggypig/baked_potato
Yes yes its me!
happy.gif
I also just bought the Organic Jasmine Brown Rice on Sat! Jovan loves it more than the medium grain ones as it is softer.. although it is sticker. I just fed him more water after that.

How is the short grain ones? Very soft? We doing brown rice experiment! ;)
Got 2 packs of brown rice and 1 pack of white rice to finish!! So I betta finish my current stock first!!

<u>Preparation</u>
1. WASH the rice
2. Dry it by sunning/ toasting it in the oven. (I toast it as it is faster! Take care not to burn it though!)
3. Grind it into a fine powder using a blender/coffee seed grinder
4. Store in a cool dry place or fridge (Storing is impt as the brown rice has a husk that has natural oil on it. It will turn rancid if it's too warm)

<u>Cooking</u>
1. 1/4 cup brown rice + 1 cup water (=> quite a thick paste actually. I add about 50ml+ of BM to dilute it)
2. Ensure u mix the powder and water well so cereal will not clump
3. Add in breastmilk/formula milk to the consistency u prefer

<u>Tips</u>
1. Cooking pot can be slow cooker, small pots, thermal cooker or rice cooker. Whichever is MOST convenient.
2. Do not cook the rice grains first and mash it into fine paste using the wire seive if you are using BROWN rice. You will be removing the husk which contains precious nutrients. You will end up with white rice instead.
3. If the consistency is too watery, warm it over the stove/fire to thicken it up.

<u>Note</u>
Brown rice cereal will be slightly harder than white rice cereal due to the additional layer.
Brown rice comes in 4 variants.
Short grain, med, long - short grain is softest
Jasmine brown rice - soft and sticky and tastier!!
happy.gif

Add wheat germ if u wanna increase the iron level in your brown rice cereal!
And if possible, get organic brown rice!! :D

LovJ: Kris paid for it.

Baked Potato: I tried Carrot and Potato Puree. Cut them into cubes. Then boil them till soft. Then mashed them up. Not sure is it because of the combination or what. The texture is not so gluely. I mixed it with cereal and milk and my dd finish it up most of the time.

Davehong: Not sure till what age we can start washing together. I still wash my daughter's clothes seperately. Bought the laundry ball and washed it with that. However I still add detergent and softener as I still have balance. Wouldnt be including those when I run out of it.

In addition, I would soak her stained clothes and cloth diapers in Napisan overnight before washing in the machine to remove difficult stains. Works very well.

Jean and Corine's Mum: Pls advise if you would like to drop or change your orders. Have PM you.

**************************************************************************************************

<font size="+1">Cloth Books Update</font>

<table border=1><tr><td>No</TD><TD>Item/ Nick</TD><TD>Total no of small book set</TD><TD>Total no of big book/ blocks</TD><TD>Free Gift (Bath Book)</TD><TD>Free Gift (Beach Ball)</TD><TD>Gender (For free gifts)</TD><TD>Amount Payable</TD><TD>Payment</TD><TD>Amount to Refund</TD><TD>Refund</TD><TD>Visual Training</TD><TD>Expression (OOS)</TD><TD>Wild Animals</TD><TD>Insects</TD><TD>Sports</TD><TD>Nature</TD><TD>Profession (OOS)</TD><TD>Children's Songs</TD><TD>Nursery Rhymes (OOS)</TD><TD>Story 2</TD><TD>Vegetables</TD><TD>FB01 (visual training)</TD><TD>FB02 (cognitive ability)</TD><TD>FB03 (left brain)</TD><TD>FB04 (right brain)</TD><TD>FB08 (Do it myself)</TD><TD>FB10 (I luv Kindergarten)</TD><TD>BB01 (Four Seasons)</TD><TD>BB02 (Animal's Home)</TD><TD>BB04 (Diary of BB Bear)</TD><TD>HB03 (3 lil pigs)</TD><TD>MB03 (Number Blocks)</TD><TD>MB 04 (Colours Block)</TD><TD>Christmas Pack </TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>Eviangal</TD><TD></TD><TD>4</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>$40.00</TD><TD>Paid</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>Ow Mummy</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>$17.50</TD><TD>Paid </TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>Pei</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>$51.50</TD><TD>Paid</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>Joie</TD><TD></TD><TD>5</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>$50.00</TD><TD>Paid</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>Tan</TD><TD></TD><TD>5</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>$50.00</TD><TD>Paid $70</TD><TD>$20</TD><TD>Refund on 26 Oct</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>Powerball</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>$47.50</TD><TD>Paid</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>Bonbon</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>$47.50</TD><TD>Paid</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>Sunshine Baby</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>$17.50</TD><TD>Paid</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>9</TD><TD>LovJ</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>3</TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>$47.50</TD><TD>Paid?</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>10</TD><TD>Baby_Mummy</TD><TD></TD><TD>5</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>$50.00</TD><TD>Paid $80</TD><TD>$30 </TD><TD>Refund on 26 Oct</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>11</TD><TD>Eunice</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>$37.50</TD><TD>Paid</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>12</TD><TD>Jean Chong</TD><TD></TD><TD>3</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>$30.00</TD><TD>Paid</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>13</TD><TD>Babyniuniu</TD><TD></TD><TD>4</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>$40.00</TD><TD>Paid</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>14</TD><TD>Kittybride</TD><TD></TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>$20.00</TD><TD>Paid</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>15</TD><TD>Pravina</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>5</TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>$61.50</TD><TD>Paid $81.50</TD><TD>$20</TD><TD>Refund on 26 Oct</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>16</TD><TD>Porky Lim</TD><TD></TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>$20.00</TD><TD>Paid</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>17</TD><TD>Rachel</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>$27.50</TD><TD>$3.50 outstanding</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>18</TD><TD>Corine's Mum</TD><TD></TD><TD>3</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>$30.00</TD><TD>Paid</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>19</TD><TD>Tango Fango</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>$17.50</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>GRAND TOTAL</TD><TD>12</TD><TD>52</TD><TD>8</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

bonbon: most of my games disc is in JAP leh... den i don understan at all...hwo to play? lol.
i still haf PS2... haf 2 sets..so i wana clear away 1 PS 2 n 1 wii set...put in rm n collect dust onli...lol

thanks eviangal.
happy.gif

wow, i'm a little stressed out reading the entries. I have not started my gal on solids. this coming Sat will be the big day. I thought just buy nestle from ntuc can liao. sounds difficult...

If I have not captured your order and amount correctly, please let me know.
If mummies have not do so, kindly please proceed payment to my POSB saving account, 058-45418-4, PM me after transfer.

Thanks!

LovJ,
Received!
Updated of additional order Toothiepegs,100g, $6.20 ea.

eviangal,
Updated accordingly. Please check below table.

Leereiner,
Did you transfer $ to my account? If so, your total should be $14.20, but received $21.20. Any order that I didn't capture? Update me, k!

Jean,
Received, but why $36.40? Should be $32,40, right?
Let me know if I have captured your order wrongly.

<table border=1><tr><td>#</TD><TD>Name</TD><TD>Total ($)</TD><TD> Payment</TD><TD> Date Received </TD></TR><TR><TD>1.</TD><TD>Audrey</TD><TD>38.20 </TD></TR><TR><TD>2.</TD><TD>Baby_mummy</TD><TD>32.40</TD><TD>Paid</TD><TD>25Oct09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>3.</TD><TD>cocobunz</TD><TD>14.20 </TD></TR><TR><TD>4.</TD><TD>Corine's Mum</TD><TD>6.00 </TD></TR><TR><TD>5.</TD><TD>Eunice</TD><TD>18.00</TD><TD>Paid</TD><TD>26Oct09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>6.</TD><TD>eviangal</TD><TD>26.20</TD><TD>Paid</TD><TD>26Oct09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>7.</TD><TD>Jas J.</TD><TD>18.00</TD><TD>Paid</TD><TD>24Oct09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>8.</TD><TD>Jean</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">32.40</font></TD><TD>Paid</TD><TD>25oct09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>9.</TD><TD>Leereiner</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">14.20</font></TD><TD>Paid</TD><TD>26Oct09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>10.</TD><TD>lovj</TD><TD>32.40</TD><TD>Paid</TD><TD>26Oct09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>11.</TD><TD>Ow_mummy</TD><TD>20.40 </TD></TR><TR><TD>12.</TD><TD>Pravina</TD><TD>13.00 </TD></TR><TR><TD>13.</TD><TD>Sanni</TD><TD>12.00 </TD></TR><TR><TD>14.</TD><TD>Yvonne</TD><TD>19.20</TD><TD>Paid</TD><TD>25Oct09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>15.</TD><TD>milkmonster</TD><TD>26.20 </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>Grand Total:</TD><TD>322.80</td></tr></table>

Hi babymummy,

May i know what blender/grinder do u use to grind your brown rice? i bot a Braun blender but cant use to grind brown rice.

I have actually intended to cook the brown rice and blend it...is it easier?

Hi Audrey,

I have transferred 26.20 to you last nite. Pleas check.

Also when is the next mummy's gathering?
coz both yours and KP home a bit far for me..i stay in siglap.
Thanks

babymummy, you're very hard working!! I just buy ready made haha. Er yes, NM and I discovered we both can communicate in French somewhat so trying to practise. It will be a waste if we don't.

NM, ma petite est encore malade. J'pense qu'on doit postpone.

brown rice powder
any idea how much I should give baby to eat? i have the brown rice which has been grind to a poweder. but i dunno how much i shld be feeding baby with.
at the moment, i just anyhow estimate this portion: 1 scoop (FM scoop) with slightly less than 1 cup of water. And that's enough for her 1 meal.
Not sure if I should be giving more or less.
any mummies can help pls?
Thanks!

Hey Pavina,

The "D" and "E" cushion are available but only the "D" (Dark blue with white piping. Very nice!) is for boys. The price of the cushions is $40. However, if there is an order of 15 cushions and over, she will give it to us for $35.

P.Seed,

You are interested too right? In an "A" i assume? By the way, she can do the tréma but they will be separate.(Deux petit points).

Mommies who are interested, do let me know. I will post up the materials available as well as some sample cushions later (after she sends it to me) so you you have have a look.

anyone tried the plain nestle cereal before? smells very vanilla like leh - dun quite like the smell. i mixed it with banana an isacc still takes it as usual, but not sure if its good for him?

Corine's Mum
Payment received!

<table border=1><tr><td>#</TD><TD>Name</TD><TD>Total ($)</TD><TD> Payment</TD><TD> Date Received </TD></TR><TR><TD>1.</TD><TD>Audrey</TD><TD>38.20 </TD></TR><TR><TD>2.</TD><TD>Baby_mummy</TD><TD>32.40</TD><TD>Paid</TD><TD>25Oct09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>3.</TD><TD>cocobunz</TD><TD>14.20 </TD></TR><TR><TD>4.</TD><TD>Corine's Mum</TD><TD>6.00</TD><TD>Paid</TD><TD>26Oct09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>5.</TD><TD>Eunice</TD><TD>18.00</TD><TD>Paid</TD><TD>26Oct09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>6.</TD><TD>eviangal</TD><TD>26.20</TD><TD>Paid</TD><TD>26Oct09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>7.</TD><TD>Jas J.</TD><TD>18.00</TD><TD>Paid</TD><TD>24Oct09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>8.</TD><TD>Jean</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">32.40</font></TD><TD>Paid</TD><TD>25oct09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>9.</TD><TD>Leereiner</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">14.20</font></TD><TD>Paid</TD><TD>26Oct09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>10.</TD><TD>lovj</TD><TD>32.40</TD><TD>Paid</TD><TD>26Oct09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>11.</TD><TD>Ow_mummy</TD><TD>20.40 </TD></TR><TR><TD>12.</TD><TD>Pravina</TD><TD>13.00 </TD></TR><TR><TD>13.</TD><TD>Sanni</TD><TD>12.00 </TD></TR><TR><TD>14.</TD><TD>Yvonne</TD><TD>19.20</TD><TD>Paid</TD><TD>25Oct09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>15.</TD><TD>milkmonster</TD><TD>26.20 </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>Grand Total:</TD><TD>322.80</td></tr></table>

Hi KP,

i am feeding my baby the plain nestle rice cereal also. It was recommended by my PD so i guess its okay to give to your baby. She was saying that plain rice is easier to digest especially if you just start your baby on solid. U can slowly intro brown rice later on when yr baby's digestion better.

Hope this helps.

hi Ashleigh,
Yes, you are right, once bb starts solid, have to give them water. You will see crystal, pinkish kind of stain, on bb's diaper if not enough water given. I experienced before with my #1.

KP,
I can't wait till my Nestle rice cereal to finish! Then can start with Heinz/Bellamy's rice cereal! This coming Friday going to get Heinz rice cereal
happy.gif
hehehe... ...

edj,
some bbies here don't like brown rice. I have not try on bb E, so no idea, but intend to mix brown rice cereal with rice cereal together after a month from now
happy.gif

ashleigh, oh really? i thot bananas will help bb to poo:p

edj, do u mix the plain cereal with anything else? like banana etc?

Audrey, i cant wait to change to bellamy's too!:p how does it compare to heinz? anyone tried?

KP,

Yes i usually mix the rice cereal with breastmilk and fruit puree. I have not given my bb banana as many of my frens said that it causes constipation on their babies. Why dont u try pear puree, my baby loves it..he will gobble down everything in no time.
actually, why dont u have a look at this website, i find that it gives a very good explanation of the pros and cons of various food and how to best prepare them.
http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com

Audrey,

yeah its actually a good idea to mix both plain and brown rice as brown rice may be a bit heaty and diff to digest. I plan to do so as well when my bb turns 8mths. That will be 1.5mths later.

Hi Audrey,

In fact u can intro brown rice from 6 mths onwards.just that if baby digestion not so good its good to wait longer..hence i decided to give him from 8 mths loh...

i have a few cousins who started giving brown rice at 6.5mths...no prob...so really depends on yr bb..

btw, u know bellamy's porridge that we have ordered is actually oats? i plan to use that for his bfast..now i am just feeding mostly fruits..thats why cant wait to collect the bellamy's.
happy.gif

btw, do u intend to grind yr brown rice also?

edj
hi, how do u know if baby's digestion is good enuf for brown rice or not? If she gets constipation means no good or what? I started giving right after I finished the heinz cereal (should be ard 6.5 mths i think)...her poo still the same as when i give her heinz white rice cereal. tt means its ok rite?

btw, anyone knows if squash = pumpkin??

hi mummies,
what is tongue thrust reflex??
my baby like to suck his tongue, move in and out his mouth. Is this tongue thrust reflex? meaning he is not ready for solids??

Hi Eviangal,

I transfer the money for clothbook BP. Thanks

To Account DBS Savings Plus
033-1-067739 eviangal
Amount S$47.50
Transaction Reference 2519793748

<font size="+1">Cloth Books Update</font>

Hi Mummies

Good News! The cloth book BP is on! Please advise me your mailing address if you have not done so.

Pending Mailing addresses
1. Joie
2. Bon Bon
3. Sunshine Baby
4. Eunice
5. Mabel

Pending Account Number for Refund
1. Jean
2. Corine's Mum

1 more thing, the BP organiser will be placing orders within the next few days. The books should be here around end Nov. Will keep you posted again when the books are here and ready to be posted to your home. Thank you for your support!
happy.gif

<table border=1><tr><td>No</TD><TD>Item/ Nick</TD><TD>Total no of small book set</TD><TD>Total no of big book/ blocks</TD><TD>Free Gift (Bath Book)</TD><TD>Free Gift (Beach Ball)</TD><TD>Gender (For free gifts)</TD><TD>Amount Payable</TD><TD>Payment</TD><TD>Amount to Refund</TD><TD>Refund</TD><TD>Visual Training</TD><TD>Expression (OOS)</TD><TD>Wild Animals</TD><TD>Insects</TD><TD>Sports</TD><TD>Nature</TD><TD>Profession (OOS)</TD><TD>Children's Songs</TD><TD>Nursery Rhymes (OOS)</TD><TD>Story 2</TD><TD>Vegetables</TD><TD>FB01 (visual training)</TD><TD>FB02 (cognitive ability)</TD><TD>FB03 (left brain)</TD><TD>FB04 (right brain)</TD><TD>FB08 (Do it myself)</TD><TD>FB10 (I luv Kindergarten)</TD><TD>BB01 (Four Seasons)</TD><TD>BB02 (Animal's Home)</TD><TD>BB04 (Diary of BB Bear)</TD><TD>HB03 (3 lil pigs)</TD><TD>MB03 (Number Blocks)</TD><TD>MB 04 (Colours Block)</TD><TD>Christmas Pack </TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>Eviangal</TD><TD></TD><TD>4</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>$40.00</TD><TD>Paid</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>Ow Mummy</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>$17.50</TD><TD>Paid </TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>Pei</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>$51.50</TD><TD>Paid</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>Joie</TD><TD></TD><TD>5</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>$50.00</TD><TD>Paid</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>Tan</TD><TD></TD><TD>5</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>$50.00</TD><TD>Paid $70</TD><TD>$20</TD><TD>Refund on 26 Oct</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>Powerball</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>$47.50</TD><TD>Paid</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>Bonbon (Veron)</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>$47.50</TD><TD>Paid</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>Sunshine Baby</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>$17.50</TD><TD>Paid</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>9</TD><TD>LovJ</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>3</TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>$47.50</TD><TD>Paid</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>10</TD><TD>Baby_Mummy</TD><TD></TD><TD>5</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>$50.00</TD><TD>Paid $80</TD><TD>$30 </TD><TD>Refund on 26 Oct</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>11</TD><TD>Eunice</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>$37.50</TD><TD>Paid</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>12</TD><TD>Jean Chong</TD><TD></TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>$20.00</TD><TD>Paid</TD><TD>$10</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>13</TD><TD>Babyniuniu</TD><TD></TD><TD>4</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>$40.00</TD><TD>Paid</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>14</TD><TD>Kittybride</TD><TD></TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>$20.00</TD><TD>Paid</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>15</TD><TD>Pravina</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>3</TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>$61.50</TD><TD>Paid $81.50</TD><TD>$20</TD><TD>Refund on 26 Oct</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>16</TD><TD>Porky Lim</TD><TD></TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>$20.00</TD><TD>Paid</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>17</TD><TD>Rachel</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>$27.50</TD><TD>$3.50 outstanding</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>18</TD><TD>Corine's Mum</TD><TD></TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>$20.00</TD><TD>Paid $30</TD><TD>$10</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>19</TD><TD>Tango Fango</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>$17.50</TD><TD>Paid</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>GRAND TOTAL</TD><TD>12</TD><TD>48</TD><TD>8</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>$683.00</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

babymummy: Thanks for the detailed instructions! Err i have 2 packets of brown rice but i haven't started preparing yet. Will try to do so this weekend and your instruction manual will be very useful then
happy.gif

Let me know if you wanna try some of the short grain ones!

Evaingal: Thanks. Maybe i need to mix the potato with the carrots. I just pureed the potato on its on. Maybe i should just mash and not puree. I'll try again and this time with the carrots. thanks for the tip
happy.gif

piggypig: i think the tongue thrust is when the baby uses his tongue to push out the spoon?

raspberrytea
think u missed my earlier post. i've gotten a different (&amp; much cheaper) set of flashcards from forum. if u r still keen on the one from BP, i can give u the seller's contacts n one of u can coordinate from there.

Hi Eunice,

Yes you can tell from the poo and also frequency. If no different from before or he has no difficulty pooing then meaning he can take it.

Baked Potato,

i have not given potato to my bb but i feel that its good to blend the food when they r younger. My bb gobbles down all his food when its in puree form coz its smoother but when i tried to mash my sweet potato or pumpkin, he refused to eat.
ANyway, i guess its all about trial and error...since every baby is different..
happy.gif

Happy trying.

edj
thanks. frequency actually incresed with intake of cereal. with cereal, poo is still v soft n pasty/watery. with other fruits/veggie, it becomes more solid.

Hi KP, i was just mentioning to Audrey that I felt Nestle had vanilla smell too! ha... can't wait for Bellamy to arrive...

Back