(2009/04) April 2009 MTBs

<font color="ff3399">Always kiki that time at Lot 1 u still say u pump out v lil compared to irene haha glad that u happier now n jayden can spend more happy times with u too! when we going out again.. still owe irene a treat :p

pei, i'm not "on". my hubby is the on one taking pics n updating blog hahaha.. he keeps nagging at me to contribute but i always wriggle my way out.. :p

i'll try go US this wed cos need to have some "me" time shopping n walk walk too.. :p after last week's sushi at punggol plaza, really shiok to eat out w/o baby in sling..
happy.gif
</font>

bonbon.. keke.. now i totally stop liao.. so happy!!!
happy.gif

RE:Wetbags
i have not been following the forum last few days.. are there any updates on the wetbag? hehe. lazy to read the archive.. :p

hi mummies, have been back at work the past 2 weeks trying to 'rescue' my graduating class. fighting an uphill battle. Prelims in Aug and they're still so relaxed...sometimes wonder if it's worth it sacrificing my sleep and brain cells preparing lessons and marking their messy messy work, plus gotta pump/latch B2 and spend time with B1. Rin, I see you're a fellow teacher too
happy.gif
Welcome to the club!

look forward to seeing mummies on Wed at United Square. regards to buying toys...at this point im not so much into buying toys for B2, cos i bought so many for B1 and he only started appreciating them around the time he turned 1. I think song, games, rhymes and talking are much better for our babies at this stage... but I do wanna go to Early Learning Centre to look for a kitchen set for my boy to play with...I just love ELC stuff!!!

Pei, jiayou on the breastfeeding. When I stopped bfing B1, I was relieved at not being attached to baby or pump every 5 hourly (I even brot my pump along when I went scuba diving in Bali!!!) But as time went by, I kinda wished I'd hung on longer cos infant formula is just SO EXPENSIVE!!! gosh...hahah. So now, I hope to bf B2 as long as I can.

That being said, no point stressing ourselves out over it...if have, then give, if dun have, FM also can...just that im a cheapo mummy lah hehehe.

Wow, I just realised that there's quite a number of teachers here, me too.

There's Catherine, Happylittlewoman, Rin, karrie, any more?? Which school are you teaching in? I'm teaching Chem in Commonwealth Sec. Seems like educators are rather pro government in terms of such policies. My maternity leave ending in mid Aug, but also have to go back sch next week due to EV in july, sianz..

Anyway, regarding expressing milk, I'm going to post in ESSS to request for a small covered area in the pantry to allow us to pump during free period, as part of the staff welfare. Having said that, I'm praying hard that I'll still have SS when I return to work!!

It's been very entertaining and enriching reading the various posts here. I have wanted to join in the gatherings, but I dare not bring my girl out alone, neither to leave her at home with my maid (at least not now). Hope I will be able to join in later to know more mummies.

I've added some of you in FB. My FB is http://www.facebook.com/applepielim

<font color="666600">Corine's Mum: come n join us for the gathering. If u not confident to bring ur gal alone..bring ur helper too.
happy.gif
when u reach the venue..those mummies without babies sure can help u, like me! :p</font>

<font color="119911">karrie,
i oso like toys n artwork materials frm ELC. i bot a box of hand paint for my #1 a yr ago, nw the paint is still sitting on my shelf coz shes arfaid of dirt n messy, dun wanna get her hands dirty, faint.

corine;s mum,
i always wonder, since thr r so many teachers ard, is thr any VP or P in smh, kekeke.

come join u sthis wed. whr u stay?</font>

Pei: im using medela freestyle, so it has its own handsfree accessories which I can use to fit on the pump itself..
as for the pumping pal thing, u can refer to this webby >> http://www.mumsfairy.com/index.php?option=com_content&amp;task=view&amp;id=25&amp;Itemid=31&amp;productid=6

re: BM vs FM
watever it is... mummies, we'll just stay happy with BM or FM so long as we are happy, bb will be happy too!! :D
rem >> HAPPY MUMMY = HAPPY BABY!!! :D

re: US gathering..
seems tat only kidz is bring bb along??? hmm....

chocz, me also gg back early august. Most prob will pump 6am,12pm,6pm,12am. My office is near US, so most prob go there pump.

How about you?

actually come thk abt it.. times flies ya..
back then early tis yr, we were talking abt bb's growing in our womb... preparation for their arrival..
and now, they are already coming 2-3months old le!!
and very soon, FTWM are gg back to work...

hopefully i still have e determination to sustain bf till bb reaches 6months old...

Pei, not inspiring lah...at that moment's mentality was,i juz try lor if hv BF good lor if dun hv stick wif FM..keke
happy.gif
. Yah yah gg to US..can buy toys.

cia, i'm bringing bb along too..haha 1st time bringing bb out alone...mixed feelings(excited..nervous.....)

mousy_pig, hmm my wrkplace is at cck but Lot1 seem like dun hv nursing area leh..if pump in office..will prob nd to lock door n do a "Do not disturb' sign

cia, yup time reali flies...ML is so short. After gg bck to wrk dun hv so much time wif bb liaoz.

karrie,
I know what you mean by expensive FM! That's why I told my hubby, the money saved from BF for 2-3 months can cover the cost of the deep freezer already hehe...

Corine's Mum,
Welcome!
happy.gif
I actually thought of posting in ESSS too but since lazy me decided to stop pumping by early Sep (my ML+NPL till T4W1) so there is no need to already. Seems like quite a few of the schools you all are in kenna EV this time round! Mine was in Jan last year, so this year's low key and only need to report back to school next Fri, same goes for my colleagues. I'm teaching Chinese actually, hehe... quite a rare group? I guess I am not the typical CL teacher, I speak English to my students at times, chat with them on MSN using English and use English to translate vocabulary in class! I hope no one from my school's reading this!

Kris,
The youngest a VP can be will be early to mid 30s, and they are very very busy people, don't think they have time to surf forums! Haha...

ipanpan,
I'm pumping now, and deep down I am scolding my girl for waking up at 4am for milk! She woke up at 6plus yest morning! Zzzz...

Corine's Mum,
I also going back onli in end of Aug. But need to go back next week for staff retreat. sian man cos i wanna go MS for the young parent festia on fri but cant. Me teaching Maths.
HappyLittleWoman, guess i should be a chinese teacher cos i always speak to my students in Mandarian and sometimes in hokkien.. hahaha..

rin
i was at vivo from 3.30-8pm but i did pop over to hfc mothercare. i saw the phone, the keyboard portion is transparent material. kind of weird looking. both my girls also hate to be swaddled, so they wore sleep bags to keep them warm at night.

jamgal
i've never been to either shop, dont know when will have time. i also have a hk brolly, i use it. my sis is in hong kong now, asking her to check out bakeware for me since the place given by bp seem cheaper.

marie
you also at vivo. look like we were all there but so crowded, wont bump into each other.

osh
i find that it is a vicious cycle. stress, ss drop. ss drop, stress. take it easy and just give bb as much ebm as you can.

<font color="666600">lilmoo: i dun work at Vivo. I't Fairylander's hubby who has a childcare centre there.
happy.gif
I work in ulu place...Loyang (Changi area).</font>

rose
how does the drive look like? how much huh? which isetan? i saw singpost has one for sale at $45, limited edition. not sure if it is still available. i replied your pm, not sure if the balls i have is what you are looking for.

Leereiner
can try fotohub online? the fenugreek seeds are very cheap, like 50 cents a pack. just got to sheng siong, mustafa (sp?) or spice shop in market.

pei
i also have the same problem, didn't know to latch or pump, each has its own pros and cons. with #2, i am pumping mostly but still latch on once or twice a day. my biggest problem with latch on is my bb takes a long time to feed, difficult when i have to take care of #1. pumping i can pump and be done. formula is ok, bfing really takes time and effort. i also find pumping very restrictive, just trying to hang in there as long as i can. with #1 i pump exclusively for 10m as she didn't latch successfully, really take a toll on our quality of life. esp when my ss keep dropping, quite depressed. eventually i pumped until ss really not worth the time then i stopped. but i stored enough for her to have partial ebm until 14m cos she's a small eater.

for going out we used to bring the fridge to go and all the barang to warm up ebm, find it quite troublesome. after that we switched to bringing out 1 feed of fresh ebm then fm if we are out for longer. i pump before we leave the house and feed bb before we go out, then i just bring out 1 feed of what i just pumped. so with 1 feed of ebm and formula after that, can go out for quite a while. only thing is i have to get back to pump, i can stretch 6-7 hours, so still ok.

Petite Bateau material is very nice, my #1 has some clothes from her full month (gifts), so soft and pretty. my sis bought a sleep bag for her, the material is really good.

Choz &amp; Rose, the cab has to start fr sin ming (chocz's pl), then go straight down towards whitley sec school to my place (the back of my hse facing marymount condo). After tt then go to Bishan to pick Rose.

Pei, think all mothers go thro the stage whereby they feel that their ss insufficient. Think if you can just stick with bf or ebm for as long as u can. My ss also not much - 4 hours only 200ml but strangely with direct latch, the bb seems satisfied. But with ebm, he drinks 160ml nearly every 2hrs.

Now i am trying to do bf for at least 6 mths as my bb has eczema so the pd highlighted tt FM can also be a trigger. But for night feeds i also getting tired to wake to pump as the bb sleeps longer now in the night. To minimize washing of pump, i use only 1 side and soak. So still have 1 spare before needing to wash the whole set.

Tingting, do u express? I cannot figure out when is the best time to express when doing direct latch. Scared if express during the day and the bb suddenly becomes hungry, no more milk left to feed. Heard tt if u always express at the same time each day, the ss will kick in at the same time too.

Marie: Wow...really very ulu...then how u go to work??

Re: Pumping as teachers
I alr selected a cubicle that's tucked right at a corner &amp; my "neighbour" is female...so should be able to...for #1, there was once I see no one in office so I wear a very big sweater &amp; use Avent Manual pump &amp; pump...then this very stupid uncle (my colleague lah) walked by &amp; decided to chat with me (FOR HALF AN HOUR!!) By then I alr finished pumping but can't stopped him from talking so I can only tell him frankly...sorry...but I need to stop pumping! Then he got the guts to say...Aiyo!! U doing such a disgusting thing in front of me &amp; u never tell me!! @$&amp;@&amp;#*

Marie: Where u buy yr environment sack (the bag that used to put the Tupperware when u pass to me?) If it's less than $10, I wanta get some...

rin
you are lucky your bb latch so fast. i have latch for almost 90 mins before.

pei
after ebm heated, 2 hours max but if bb have already drank from same bottle then 1 hour.

karrie
i also like ELC stuff but they are not cheap. if you are looking for kitchen sets, check out little tikes too. i bought a set for #1, save almost $100 buying directly from the distributor. i also brought my pump along when i went to US with #1. so troublesome to travel and sterilize.

marie
huh? i know you dont work at vivo lah. but you said you were there on sun mah.
happy.gif

powerball,

i m not expressing now, cos i dowan to over stimulate my ss and cause engorgement/leaks when i'm outside. if u're with bb full time, y not latch on full time, then when u plan to stop latching, start expressing to store up if u want? I'm only planning to express abt 1 mth before i return to work.

but for expressing, i usually do tandem, i.e. bb feed one side n i express the other. That works only if ur bb doesn't feed both sides at 1 feeding.

lilmoo, haha we are in the same boat, my boy can also latch for 90mins. That's why I prefer to pump also to spend quality time with #1.

I also try to latch him on the first feed of the day but sometimes he is tired and drink very slowly then dun take enough. 2nd feed I will then give him a bit earlier.

Morning mummies!

Ytd my bb vomited so so much..aiyo I see already oso so poor thg..my fault la..wiped her 10 min after her feed..den whole body kena..so gota bathe her..den tink the vomiting made her tired so slept from 8 til 930, which is super rare, cos dis is supposed to be her cranky time..

Corine's mum: I oso got EV this yr so next week whole week 8 to 5. sianz..luckily I was already on maternity when they started preparing for the stuff and when comes July, I won't be around oso ma..hee..

Powerball: I latch on totally but I pump once at night, just before i sleep. Used to pump early in the morning after I latch her at 6 cos her feeding time will be 9 ,very accurate wan..but now that I try to reduce supply cos I reali just wanna latch on, I've done away wif the morning pump..If u are tired of pumping at night hor, you can slowly do away wif it, the body will adjust accordingly..like from pumping 20min, to 15 to 10 to 5 min..dats wat I did cos I was feeling super engorged when I first switched to total latch on..actually bb are the best pump ard so they are able to draw out more milk than we pump..

Lilmoo: 90 min is so long! My gosh..

BTW, anyone having wrist pain ar? my right wrist hurt so much ytd nite..tink must be the carrying of bb..Yeah!I'm going shopping wif hb and bb later..hope to grab some things for myself..must pamper myself oso..been buying for bb only..

mousy
that night after she latched 90 mins, i refused to latch her the next day. LOL scare already, need one day to recover. her normal latch is abt 40-50min. i mostly latch her at night before night sleep, day i pump, so can be done faster while i bribe #1 with dvd.

<font color="119911">Re: United Sq
Venue: Bakerzin
Time: 12pm
Date: 17 Jun 2009 (Wed)

1) Rose
2) BB mummy
3) Kris
4) Catherine
5) Chocz + bb
6) Pei
7) Marie
8) Kidzskidz w Sebastian
9) Audrey
10) Powerball
11) raspberrytea77
12) Karrie
13) ow_mummy
14) Rin</font>

Hi mummies

I have 1 Similac infant formula (900g), not opened yet. Just bought on Fri, 12 Jun. Yesterday I just switch to soy milk for my girl as she is having watery stools (have tried soy for her for 1 week, stools better but after switch back to Similac, stools watery again).

Anyone interested? If so, kindly email me at [email protected]. Bought at $39.50. Let go at $35.

Thanks.

<font color="ff0000">Visit to KKH A&amp;E...</font> @ 2:30am, I was trying to bring B2 back onto our bed after changing his clothes (he regurgitated milk) when I lost my balance and fell. His head hit the TV cabinet in front of the bed, I was leaning on him somewhat and my face also grazed the side. He screamed his head off, me too. My huby woke up and quickly took him out of my arms to check. B2 stopped crying then bt his head had some red welts so we decided to bring him to A&amp;E to check. The Dr didn't detect any hard lumps in him (internal bleeding, etc). He also responded well to all the toys/rattles put in front of him. We were told to go back and observe him for vomitting, excessive drowsiness, any unusual agitation, etc. So far so gd. He came back, I bfd him and he fell asleep. Has been doing the usual stretching and stirring bt stl sleeping like a bb shd. I cried like mad and kept apologising to B2 for making him fall... My hubby says I'm too tired coz B2 was waking up a few x in the night the past 3 nites + I felt like I was catching the flu fr hubby and B1... <sigh> I was really so scared that B2 suffered some serious injury fr hitting his head or that I broke his rib/arm/leg when I partly leaned on him. Thank God tho we left a big cushion on the flr at the end of the bed coz B1 had tendency to jump off there... Think my nerves stl rattled... 1st trip to kidz A&amp;E
sad.gif

kidz, what a horrifying experience.. glad that everything's fine.. take good care of yourself k? i myself also had several scares of losing my balance while carrying bb.

Re: United Sq
Venue: Bakerzin
Time: 12pm
Date: 17 Jun 2009 (Wed)

1) Rose
2) BB mummy
3) Kris
4) Catherine
5) Chocz + bb
6) Pei
7) Marie
8) Kidzskidz w Sebastian
9) Audrey
10) Powerball
11) raspberrytea77
12) Karrie
13) ow_mummy
14) Rin
15) oshgosh_baby (KIV - running errands before that, not sure if can reach by 12pm)

For those staying bishan area, can give some lift back if i'm going.. most prob will drive and i'm staying at parents' pl near bishan these few days
happy.gif
if not, can share cab back w some u also!

<font color="119911">kidz,
hope ur bb is alrite, reli need to monitor him for vomitting n drowsiness, can b veri serious. but if feedin well n slpin alrite, shld b ok. dun wori too much, bb is veri flexible. take some rest if u can, waking up at nite is no play play, reli drain our enerdy.</font>

<font color="119911">oshgosh,
i bring the teats along, we will b thr till at least 4-5pm based on past experience. will shop shop ard.</font>

any of u have problems with medela pumps?
my first pump was the mini electric.. cos i was exclusively pumping, i used until the motor spoilt.. no longer powerful even when i turn to maximum power.
so i bought a Swing.. now less than 2 months, its giving me the same problem.. i have to press the maximum power still not strong.. the suction very minimal and now my breasts all hard and lumpy cos can't clear.
anyone knows if i call the repair centre and get it repaired, then in the meantime, how i pump? will they give me a replacement set?

Rin,
ya my wrist's sore.. think its the picking up and putting down motion when we deal with bb..
u mean if we wipe bb soon after feed, they will vomit?
i sometimes do tat cos i scared she fall asleep then cannot wipe her liao.

kidz,
oh dear!! dun be sad and dun blame urself k? it was just an accident and i'm sure ur B2 will be fine.. babies are alot more resilient then we think.. just monitor him for now..
i also find tat i'm more clumsy in the middle of the nite cos we're jus too tired.
a few nites ago, i almost dropped by baby while i was burping her.. gave me such a scare cos she suddenly swing herself backwards away from my hand, lucky i managed to catch her or else she would have fallen to the floor.. my heart almost stopped..

lilmoo,

I think it's more troublesome to bring EBM out cos then we have to bring cup and hot water to heat it up. At least with FM, all we need is hot water lor. So far I have been latching whenever I am out, hope I can continue doing that.

Yah, Petite Bateau stuff is all so soft and snuggly. But babies outgrow their clothes sooo fast, sometimes I feel it's a waste to buy expensive clothes.

Powerball,

Oh no, didn't know that ss will kick in at the same time as when you are expressing. I express 3 times at night cos I find it's more convenient and less stressful. Hmm, can't decide if I want my ss to kick in at night or not.

I read that babies tend to drink more when drinking from a bottle. It seemed that the act of suckling from a breast satisfy their hunger quicker. Or maybe it's just that it takes much more effort to suckle from a breast that they get tired faster. I read from the Breastfeeding Org brochure that suckling from breast is 60 X more tedious than drinking from a bottle!!

kidz
glad bb is ok. dont worry too much just observe him. i have that experience twice. first time when #1 was 3w old. hb and i both tired. bb sleeping on hb's chest in our bed, he fell asleep, bb moved and fell off his chest, off the bed. her head hit the corner of the side table. soooo scared. got a bad scar near her eye, heng missed her eye. i was quite angry with hb though i know he was really tired like i was. after that i ban him from letting bb sleep on him. we had to lie to our families about the scar.

2nd time bb was older, he forgot to strap bb in the high chair, bb kick her leg and slip lower and lower on the high chair and fell off. rush to kk, xray and everything. dr said she is ok but 2 days later called and said senior dr review xray and said skull got hairline fracture, we went back to kk for followup. thankfully she's ok.

accidents happen, dont be too hard on yourself. we are all tired esp when we have to get up many times a night for feed. *hugs*

pei
if you bring freshly pumped ebm then no need to warm up. can keep in room temp for 4 hours. i only bring 1 bottle/feed in the diaper bag. i bring formula and water but leave in the car. need then go back to get, if not diaper bag so heavy.

Tingting, Rin &amp; pei, i try to express to stimulate ss but only do once a day. Very sad one, i hardly have engorgment or letdown. So have work harder to increase ss otherwise surely not enough as the bb grows bigger. Doing total latch but also need ebm for days tt i have to go out without the bb ie facials. I cannot do tandem as the bb actually can take both but i usually give one side so tt the other side has milk when he hungry one hour later. Give both sides, he also hungry one hour later.

Then now hb wants to go for 2 weeks hol in oct. How to express enough to feed bb based on my current ss.. so sian.

Lilmoo, nowadays the babies very clever. For mine, he does not want cold milk as direct latch milk is a bit warm.

Kidz, glad tt all is well with bb. Don't worry too much. Ha, sometimes my fingernails also accidentally scratch the bb face when i do bf.

kidz: no worries... just have to monitor bb... and also to feel his head every now and then to see if there's lump or clots.. dun worry and dun blame urself le...

re: bf-ing
now night times i try to latch direct cos easier using lying down position. and can give an excuse to myself for not pumping during the 12mn to 6am stretch.. though bb only latch 1side and KO.
but will switch side to let him latch when he wakes up 2nd time to feed..
happy.gif

den, immediately when i wake up moni time, 1st thing is to pump to avoid choking of my milk ducts..

know wat?? last night, i missed 1 pump cos too tired to wake up during 11pm, den breasts super hard.
1st time in my 2months of pumping life, i up the power, toggle 2x between e letdown and pumping mode (im using medela), 45mins of pumping --> only yield abt 250ml.. which i think e breasts are not cleared yet!

angry, and waited for bb to wake up.. immediately latch him on.... and i can instantly feed e choke cleared!!
how powerful can tis 2months old bb be!!!! really love my bb aka "mini pump".. :p:p

cia, will your baby always wake up during the 12MN to 6am stretch? I sometimes have this problem when I wait and wait my baby dun wake up then I pump my baby wake up. haha.

kidz, glad that sebastien's fine! dun blame yourself K. accidents do happen most impt both of ya are fine....

powerball, i aso dun have the let down feeling leh. slight engorement only when i din pump for 5 hrs, breast hard hard but still can tahan kind.
wa your bb drinking 160ml every 2 hrs, izzit growth spurt? claudia's drinking 150ml every 2 hrs if awake, when sleep can drag to 3 hrs. so i make sure she sleeps before her next feed.

Rin, seems like u bring ur bb out quite often hor. is she cranky after gg out so often? cos weekend we always go out and weekday 1 or 2times...then on evenings when she's not out..she tend to be abit cranky. hb thinks its becos we go out too often...bb 'wanna play' so cranky.

kidz, hope that your bb will be fine. my #1 also fell down the bed once when she was 4 mths due to our carelessness. Guess we have to be very careful. I didn't realise she can turn so fast.

Tan,
You must be teaching in sec sch right? I think only sec sch students appreciate teachers using hokkien to talk to them, my students are mostly "potatoes", though I am teaching in a traditional Chinese school with HCL syllabus! They like their CL teachers to explain in English, talk to them about Youtube and stuffs, and interact with them online. Students these days are very different man! If I am to be like the traditional Chinese teacher who only speaks to them with cheem Chinese vocab, they will either fall asleep or monkey around in my class! Hehe...

Catherine,
I couldn't help but laugh at your BF experience in school! Your colleague is horrible leh, he is not married with kids is it? Else he should understand mah. One of my colleagues also requested for a corner seat with all female neighbours so that she can pump in school.

Cia,
Hehe that's what I do too, latch baby on when I can't clear the engorgement! Does your milk squirt? Mine does, especially when engorged! I always wanna laugh when I see my baby's face being squirted with milk all over!!! =D
Planning to move back home ah?

kidz,
don't worry, I believe babies/kids are resilent, not easily hurt unless they are hit hard on the head from a certain height. I also almost fell a few times cos my girl sleeps on a mattress in our room at night, so sometimes when I was very groggy in the middle of the night, I almost dropped her too! Take care and I am sure your boy will be alright.

Back