(2009/04) April 2009 MTBs

Yes lost $200+ close to $300 items. Call the taxi company liao no news. Must be gone liao. Really feel so pain. Next time whenever i take a cab must take down the taxi no. liao.

LovJ: u open maid agency ah??? whre's ur maid agency??

dodos: sigh.. no choice le.. sure gone one.. unless u can rem e taxi no, den at least got hope...

<font color="0000ff">Hi Cia.

Not I open one.. My family lah.. One at Yishun, another 1 at Ang Mo Kio.

Ya. Do do. so unlucky.. next time dont put our things at the boot.. normally when we closed door and just walked away. tend to forget.. </font>

really??? so cheap!! must go ntuc to find then... I thought the guardian one not bad already cos 1 pack M is 68 pcs, so is 33cents a piece

kidzkidz: dun worry or blame yourself, accidents do happen...Glad that ur bb is fine.
Happylittlewoman: hahaha.. u r right. i teach in a neighbourhood sec sch. most of the time after school i speak to them in mandarian. cos i teaching upper sec so easier to talk. hehehe...

mummies... rem those days when we crave for durians.. and chasing after elvis presley durian???
e durian festive is here!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jus had my fill of durians... fresh fm malacca.. sis drove and send up to us..
SHIOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NICE!!!!!!!!!!!

Kris: I stay in Pasir Panjang. Not able to join you mummies for the US lunch. Hopefully will be to settle my mind about bb and maid so that I can enjoy my life properly.

Happylittlwoman: are you teaching in NGYH? My sch is centre for HCL. Students always speak a mixture of langauges to teachers. Written assignments worse, use internet language. Haiz...

To all mummies, how do you entertain / pacify your bb?

I've been having problem with my girl. She will usually cry whenever I carry her. This happen since I started carry her after my CL left. She's ok when I BF her, but after that when I carry her, she'll fidget and end up crying. I've been trying all along, adjusting the carrying postitions and rocking her, but it just doesnt work out. Im not sure if i carry her wrongly that's why she feels uncomfortable or she feels that Im very boring or she simply doesnt like me (thou I hope not).

Dont know how to pacify her, always ended up passing her to my maid. Then my maid will cuddle her and within 1 min, my girl will stop crying and settle down. I'm actually worried that my bb will end up be attached to my maid and ignore me.

Any tips in pacifying bb and patting them to sleep?

Super shields,

Anyone knows if pumping pal super shield is any good? Does it really help in preventing blocked ducts and promoting better milk flow? I am thinking of getting it but am worried that it's not useful at all. Mommies who are using them please share. Thanks!!
happy.gif

Corine's Mum,
It may be the way u carry ur baby that's why she cries? I was like tat too in the beginning.. she will always cry when i carry her, but when CL carry, she will stop.. so CL says its cos of the way i carry..
but now after so long, and i'm mostly the one carrying her to sleep, she's happy with me liao.. although sometimes still cries..
then i will put her down and let her play with her cot mobile.. she will be happy and all smiles again.

For those going gathering tomorrow, anyone has spare medela membrane (the white flap thingy) to sell or pass to me? I think the reason why my pump not working as well is becos of the membrane.. my breasts cant be cleared properly and i am in urgent need of getting it repaired..
United sq got sell medela accessories or not?

Kris,
paiseh, i actually dun need the Avent teats liao cos someone just gave me a box of 260ml bottles that came with the teats..
u want to see if someone else needs it?

oshgosh: think US has got mums n babe right??
btw.. US is e one at novena mrt right??
if so, there's mums n babe, they are selling medela parts...
happy.gif

Pei, I had the pumping pal super shield. Not bad! But to fully empty the breast, u need to position the nipple properly so the suction cover the whole breast! I alternate it between this and the medela shield. So far no engorgement. On the contrary, I had bad engorgement from the softfit breastshields.

Oshgosh, united square has a shop call Mums &amp; Babes. It carries Medela stuff. Storewide 20% too! I am using freestyle hence do not have the membranes ah.. Just hope there is stock. My breastshield OOS leh!

Cia.. heee so funny reading about the squirting incident. Usually I will squirt on his face every time I latch my bb one too. He will be super angry and push my breast away.. only to get milk squirted on his cheeks.. eye.. forehead. Then yesterday.. I BF him in the dark... and this morning, his hair had this whitish stuff.. oops! It's MILK! Usually when I have a let down, the squirting will happen loh..

Pumping is really tiring.. esp when you are the sole care giver. Coz really hard to estimate the timing when u need to feed and pump and ensure enuff supply before you latch!! So far, I only pump during the day, latch during the night and morning feed. And to make the washing and sterilising easier, I actually had 3 sets of pumping equipment. Hence no need to wash so frequently... else really frustrating.

SKS, try latching bb on.. after 2-3 times of constant latching plus pumping post latching, the "hardened" part may soften. Babies are the BEST PUMP!! Are your milk ducts blocked?

Max, give yourself 2 days. If it doesn't work, better see a lactation consultant to help you massage it out.

Ya.. I always have this problem too!! Milk supply drops too whenever this occur.

baby_mummy,

The pumping pal super shield should fit Ameda pump too right? Can I buy them in the shops or do I have to get them via the internet (eg mumsfairy). I am very tempted to get one!

Aiyo, hardly have time to read all the posts this 2 days, slowly catching up with all the posts.

I will bring bb as well! See ya!

Re: United Sq
Venue: Bakerzin
Time: 12pm
Date: 17 Jun 2009 (Wed)

1) Rose
2) BB mummy + bb Jovan
3) Kris
4) Catherine
5) Chocz + bb
6) Pei + bb
7) Marie
8) Kidzskidz w Sebastian
9) Audrey + bb
10) Powerball
11) raspberrytea77
12) Karrie
13) ow_mummy
14) Rin
15) oshgosh_baby (KIV - running errands before that, not sure if can reach by 12pm)
16) KP + Isaac

baby_mummy,

My baby will choke when I have let-downs. Then she will cough cough cough and after that let out s soft *sigh*, so darn cute lor!! But sometime after she coughed, she doesn't want to latch on anymore leh
sad.gif
You have any problem getting Jovan (is the name correct?) to relatch after he pushed your breast away?

Pei, yes it fits almost all the pump brands. Let me know if you would like to try it out tmr ya? I can bring it.
happy.gif

Hee.. ya loh.. either they choke or they "puke" the nipple out loh! Mine puke it out and gave me a "disgusted" face leh..

Yup! You got the name right!
happy.gif

Ya sometimes he will grunt and reject.. so I'll let him "take a little break" and tried latching him again. The reason why I only latch during the nite and 1st day fit is, those are the feeds which he is most well behaved.. keke... the rest of the feeds.. must really have lots of patience to stuff the nipple back!!

hi hi mummies,
happy week to you all.. so many postings and i'm soo out of touch!!

corine's mum >> persevere and continue to carry your child... and mebbe talk to her at the same time..

thanks cia and baby_mummy for the info abt the mum and babes store.. will go have a look tomorrow!

1) Rose
2) BB mummy + bb Jovan
3) Kris
4) Catherine
5) Chocz + bb
6) Pei + bb
7) Marie
8) Kidzskidz w Sebastian
9) Audrey + bb
10) Powerball
11) raspberrytea77
12) Karrie
13) ow_mummy
14) Rin
15) oshgosh_baby
16) KP + Isaac

Karrie: u gg tml outing? so i can get the teats frm u...?

Tml outing: dunno to go anot leh.was out whole day today w bb..went to play MJ..lolx..so tired now.. tml still meet 12pm so early..lolx..

<font color="0000ff">u really Mj Queen. heehee still sling her.. then u must be busy feeding , plus look at tiles carefully.. heehee</font>

ow_mummy, yuupp yupp can...! i'll bring tmr. dunno why, i never got ur pm of ur home add leh.

rose, pass u the oatmeal cereal tmr also.

oshgosh_baby, i got the medela membranes. think got 3-4 left. u want, can give u.

Ultrabeary - U going to tomorrow's gathering ah.. me prob also going... u still want to borrow the tracy hogg's book? can pass to u if you want..

<font color="119911">tan,
im not sure, my #1 got it as a gift frm my aunty. i saw it at toys r us b4 if im not wrong.

bbmum,
im still drinkin coconut nw, u reminded me dat thr still 1 sitting in the fridge for veri long liaoz.

audrey,
we shld shld at abt 11ish.

owmum,
finali u got to play mj liaoz, hands not itchy anymore rite, keke.

avent teats 2:
anyone wanna buy at 20% cheaper.</font>

pei
i used the super shield previously but did not like it. it is reasonably comfy cos can lean back but for me the suction will come off. my bb also have problem dealing with my letdown some times, she will make noise or cry in frustration as she dunno how to handle it. poor thing.

rose
i emailed you, did it go through?

Pei,
I am using Super Shields on Ameda pump, no problem at all. In fact, I was initially using only the handsfree kit and I realised that as I pumped, there was quite a lot of leakage unless I sat real straight up. Bought a new set of super shields from ebay, and it was much cheaper than buying via the mumsfairy website. Maybe you wanna post in the "Want to Buy" section? Some mummies may wanna let go of theirs. With the super shields, there is hardly any leakage and you can lean back and relax hee...

I am not sure whether super shields help in relieving engorgement cos I will massage as I pump, main reason I got these is cos I was real fed up with the leakage and it was so tiring to have to sit straight all the time!

Cia,
Personally I feel that kids do adapt very quickly, initially they will cringe at change in routine or environment, soon they will get used to it already. If your mum really doesn't wish to help you take care of #2, your plan may be the best way out. Anyway you can finally stay at your own place right? If it's me, I will choose this! Moreover as your kids grow, you need bigger space too rather than lodging at your mum's place. I think the elderly sometimes prefer a little freedom and own time as well, so if they really don't wish to help, we just find out own way out, definitely feasible.
happy.gif

Corine's Mum,
I am teaching in a primary school hehe... will PM you my school name k cos I am not sure who's reading here! =p
Actually saw my school's name in one of the threads here asking about P1 registration!
Generally my school students' profiles are quite different from the neighbourhood schools cos quite a number don't stay nearby and generally they come from financially ok or well-off families. Kids these days mostly speak English at home so it's difficult to teach them lor!

Anyway, do try to carry your baby often, and don't let your maid do it most or all the time. My maid loves my girl and likes to carry her often and I have to keep telling her to put her down once she is pacified! Don't wanna my bb to grow too attached to maid and also develop the bad habit of wanting to be carried all the time! Actually babies do recognise the smell of their mummies cos when my girl cries, my hubby takes a longer time to pacify her and once I took over, she stops almost immediately. Till my hubby got jealous and joked that she is a useless daughter hahaha... Now that I am on ML, I try to be the primary caregiver for my girl, my family maid mainly comes over during daytime to help out in the chores. Try to spend more time with your girl and I think they are starting to recognise faces now.

The US outing is so tempting and I really wanna go! But hubby gonna leave SG soon so he's back early in the afternoons, think will try to join gatherings next month.
happy.gif

1) Rose
2) BB mummy + bb Jovan
3) Kris
4) Catherine + bb Maverick
5) Chocz + bb
6) Pei + bb
7) Marie
8) Kidzskidz w Sebastian
9) Audrey + bb
10) Powerball
11) raspberrytea77
12) Karrie
13) ow_mummy
14) Rin
15) oshgosh_baby
16) KP + Isaac

Am bringing bb using sling &amp; not driving....hopefully, he behaves himself...

thnx baby-mummy...

i did try latching her on.. she is ok for a few minutes then starts to grumble... i think she dont like the milk flow... mine also has the same prob..when the milk flow increases, she cant handle it n starts choking... so have to then give her the bottle...

SKS, I'm up...

since 3am, baby been waking up for milk, for pacifier, for companion, i don't know wake up how many times liao, and have to make my way from my room to her room...she just had her milk and playing in her own cot bed now..

why r u up so early???

hahah..i just finished rocking mine...drowsy le, think she will sleep anytime...

die ah, my mum is down with flu, gg to see doc and rest at home today...i got aircon service man coming down to service all my aircons todays...don't need to rest at all..furthermore, i was up since 3!!!

Back