(2009/04) April 2009 MTBs

hi cia,
wow... better than me hor.. me now 5-6hrs only get 150ml the most hor... 4hrs also the same... ya tfr the bal to you already... didnt inform you earlier as pc broke down...

tried the nursing tea then manage to have 150ml hor or else will be aro 100ml only... until now still no increase leh... breast capacity is this much only...

sometimes leak, tot will be more than 150ml. but when pump out still the same leh...

<font color="666600">Leereiner: my ss just sufficient for my bb. was low now increasing...but i'm gg back to work this thu..so got to see how to manage pumping timing</font>

me too, now adjusting to suit work pl... there's no room @ my work pl. so still waiting for my HR to make arrangement for my pumping...

so how times will you gonna pump when back to work?

<font color="666600">chocz: u gals can share cab if not can take circle line mrt from marymount to bishan then change to north south line.
happy.gif
very convenient.</font>

<font color="666600"> Posting on behalf of Fairylander:

Her hubby has a child/infant care centre at harbour front. In future if we wanna have any gatherings on sat, she is most willing &amp; kind to let the place for us to gather there. wkdays are a nono cos it's gonna be filled with kids n babies..It's located at Harbour Front Tower 2(cable car tower) Cherie Hearts. Gather there is a gd idea cos older kids can play..n babies no worries abt finding place to change!!
happy.gif
It's quite a big place..can accomodate abt 100pax.</font>

<font color="aa00aa">chocz and powerball,let's share cab,wan or not? But the only thing is cuz I dont drive ,I dunno how to plan the route ley.Who can advise? I stay in Bishan St 11,very near to bradell road that side,near Ko Chuan Primary school</font>

<font color="aa00aa">Marie,Kris,since it is a child/infant care centre,i wonder if we can just leave our babies there then we go vivo to enjoy,shop,gathering etc.Muahaahahaha,just kidding lar</font>

<font color="aa00aa">

4 votes Bakerzin,2 votes swensens, 3 votes Cedele,winner goes to Bakerzin!! Kris,need to make reservation or not?
Venue: United Sq
Time: 12:30pm
Date: 17Jun2009 (Wed)

1) Rose (anything)
2) BB mummy (Bakerzin/Swensens/Cedele)
3) Kris (Bakerzin/Swensens/Cedele)
4) Catherine (Bakerzin/Cedele)
5) Chocz (anything)
6) Pei (anything)
7) Marie (anything)
8) Kidzskidz w Sebastian (anything)
9) Audrey (anything)
10) Powerball
11) raspberrytea77
12) Karrie (bakerzin)
13) ow_mummy (anything)</font>

Venue: United Sq
Date: 17Jun2009 (Wed)

1) Rose (anything)
2) BB mummy (Bakerzin/Swensens/Cedele)
3) Kris (Bakerzin/Swensens/Cedele)
4) Catherine (Bakerzin/Cedele)
5) Chocz (anything)
6) Pei (anything)
7) Marie (anything)
8) Kidzskidz w Sebastian (anything)
9) Audrey (anything)
10) Powerball
11) raspberrytea77
12) Karrie (bakerzin)
13) ow_mummy (anything)
14} Rin

I vote for Bakerzin too..=) I can't go for the gathering on 26 June cos gotta go back to work for 1 week..dreading it..haiz..

going to rain le..weather so nice 2 slp..but my bb eyes big big..tink ytd slept too much...2dae very alert...hopefuli she'll be sleepy head tmr wen i go shopping...haha

Leereiner: u rcv e stuff?? u tried fenugreek seed drink before?
my cousin tried and ss went up next day, den kena engorgement...
sad.gif
faint!

Kris: happening sia!!! 460ml!!!!! hmm... tats my overnight forget to pump record lo...
think ur chest freezer gg to explode liao!!!
u getting another one??

Marie: ur ss is gg up at tis stage is good!!
mine's e reverse... think ss gg down..
sigh... its easy to let ss go down, but neva easy to have ss go up!

yup, rec'd them... thanks for you help...

fenugreek seeds? dunno there's SEED type.. my sil passed the pills to me, *shock* such a BIG one leh, me not the pill person @ all so return to her.. need to boil the seed? where to buy eh? wonder will it too late for me to try the seeds eh?

<font color="119911">rose,
secretly in my heart i wanna go bakerzin coz of the hot fudge chocolate cake, keke. i will make the reservation.

cia,
my chest freezer oreadi exploded. nw let #1 bring 2 btls to sch everyday else reli no plc to put. i post on WTB but nobody reply me. im still waiting to c hw, keke.</font>

cocobunz,
my bb drinks abt 125ml each time.. still cant get her to drink more..

moogey,
wah ur jade's already on M size nepia?
mine still on Pampers S and nepia S..
happy.gif

<font color="119911">Re: United Sq
Venue: Bakerzin
Time: 12pm
Date: 17 Jun 2009 (Wed)

1) Rose
2) BB mummy
3) Kris
4) Catherine
5) Chocz
6) Pei
7) Marie
8) Kidzskidz w Sebastian
9) Audrey
10) Powerball
11) raspberrytea77
12) Karrie
13) ow_mummy
14) Rin</font>

kris: wah sei!!!!!!!!!!!!!! actually i asked bb pd, she said, even if #1 drink our bm at their stage now has got no much benefits to them as the bm tat we produced is targeted for #2...
hence i stopped giving #1 my bm liao...

Leereiner: can drink now still... neva too late unless u no intention to cheong increase ss...
just buy e seeds, 1 teaspoon seed and 2 cups of water, boil until seed open, den can drink le..
heard its bitter so can add bit of honey to sweeten..

leereiner: sheng siong sells tat... dun think NTUC sells.
if ur place gt those wet market, can go to those indian spice shop and ask see if they sell.
its yellow mustard color seeds.

Kris: ya lor.. very precious hor.... i gave some to my new born nephew also when i visit my cousin.. hee...

Rose &amp; Marie, my mind was all on Hello Kitty and not other cartoon characters when paying at the counter at Hello Kitty Shop. I only had a glance @ Thomas The Train. Got one box hanging at the corner and it's not just a baby bottle leh, it's a set of stuff and baby bottle is one of them, so I don't know if you still want. Cos for Hello Kitty, they sell the baby bottle on its own one...

Rose, i'm in a shopping mood so went to Compasspoint to run some errands then shop! Bought some nice rattles/teethers in a huge container. Only $19.90 loe..so happy..bought a new munchkin formula milk container, more teats as usual and a stroller cushion..for myself, bought $100+ of giordano clothes, got member again liao keke...show me ur thumbdrive le, i wanna see
happy.gif

KP, marie and i will be getting all M for Fitti, 3 of us each packet.

Marie, i email them late last night liao, waiting for their confirmation
happy.gif

bonbon, why don't u get all M for cait cait, i open up M and use for andrea, it's only abit wider and much longer...so cait cait should be able to wear...S too small le, no point u buy 3 packs loe..

<font color="119911">leereiner,
if u wan the seeds, i can pass the 2 packets dat the mummies brought to my hse the last time coz i din cook for them.

whahahah, donate to u, so funi.

cia,
always dilenma, last time oso dunno wan to stop anot.

owmum,
u siaoz ah, tink i moo moo cow ah? sell my ebm.</font>

Kris: dun stop la.. since u have... den dun stop la.. such a waste to stop lo....
since ur gal taking, den ow-mum may also want.. den can officially be our apr moo moo cow.. :D hee... :p:p:p kidding...

Just want to check with moms who are feeding babies breast milk. Do you give EBM or latch on? I can't decide if I want to latch or pump. The latter seems so troublesome but the former feels quite restrictive. Sigh, don't really know what to do.

pei, i'm latching full time. i feel more convenient, and u can get nursing covers when nursing outside. for me, i'll make mental note of the nursing rooms at shopping malls i plan to go. havent used my nursing cover yet cos always managed to get a nursing room so far..
happy.gif

lilmoo,

Petite Bateau is ex, but it's sooo sweet!!!

Marie,

You very bad lor, post the lamaze toy link. Now I want to buy the Moose leh :p

Jam/Rose,

You interested in the toys? Jam, I thought you said the cushions are too big for your stroller? Is that better than th cool mat??

tingting, Mommies who used to bf but now give formula

Breastfeeding means wherever you go, bb has to follow lor...soemtimes i like to get out and about without the bb leh. Now am trying to decide when to stop bf'g. Seems like mothers who gives formula has so much freedom and non of the problems such as blocked ducts. SOmemore I think giving bb formula frees up a lot of mommies's time.

All mommies who used to bf and then switch to formula, what do you think? What's the major pros and cons for bf and giving formula, since you have experienced both.

Pei,
I am giving my girl EBM most of the time, latch on at most once a day, even when we go out, I bring along 1-2 feeds of EBM. I find latching on much more convenient, especially when we are outside. But I cannot stand the heat when I latch my girl on, esp in non aircon room. Plus my girl will stop suckling or suckle very gently once she is full. Hence, she gets hungry so quickly! In this sense, I prefer feeding EBM cos can see how much she drinks and estimate the next feeding time. When I used to latch her on at night, she woke up every 2 hours... can die. =p

But to pump, you need someone around when you pump, cos when your girl starts fussing, at least someone can tend to her. I hate the pumping time in the middle of the night... pure torture. =p

Date: Fri, 26 June
Venue: Marina Square
Possible lunch spots: Kenny Rogers, Secret Recipe, Thai Express, etc.

1. Kidzskidz
2. Kris
3. Audrey
4. Catherine
5. Ipanpan
6. Tingting (KIV)
7. Rose (KIV)
8. Marie + Hubby + Xander(KIV)
9. Pei (KIV)
10. ow_mummy + BB(KIV)
11. cocobunz (KIV)

cos i'm starting work on 29th june...sianz!!

marie,

You are bad influence lor!! :p Hee hee, yah, we can all go check out the toys on wed!!! But generally I find lamaze toys quite ex, don't really know if it's worth the money or not. Have never bought one before. Xander has one lamaze toy already right? So is it worht the money??

happylittlewoman,

Yes, the good thing about giving EBM is that you can tell how much bb is drinking. But if you go out, then got to bring cooler bag for the milk, a bit troublesome lor. Tell me about waking up in the middle of the night to pump!! It's truly is very very painful to rouse ourselves from a deep sleep just to pump!!

How long do you normally pump for? And how many let downs do you get per breast in that time? I find that I take about 30mins to empty per breast lor. So both breast will take about 1 hr!! I have dual pumps, but find that I get more milk faster if I massage and pump at the same time, and therefore can only pump one breast at a time
sad.gif

Pei,
i'm in the midst of moving from exclusively pumping to giving FM.. have been slowly increasing my interval and not clearing my breasts completely. Main reason is because I don't think I hv time to pump back at work, and also like u say, it is quite restrictive and tiring having to pump, wash and sterilise the things. End up I don't have much time to spend with baby. Also, I always have engorgement and blocked ducts, again time is spent massaging and the pain sometimes quite unbearable.

But now, I'm giving 70% FM, 30% BM, I feel kind of guilty and sad that I didn't try harder at breastfeeding... I need to remind myself that I am still giving my baby the best possible care by being able to spend more time with her, instead of holing up in the room pumping half the time.
On and off, I still have waves of guilt la..

oshgosh,

Ya lor, I was telling my hb that if I am going to spend time washing and sterilising, I might as well give FM. Then at least I won't have to pump. In addition, we have to watch what we eat quite carefully. Think there were times when I eat something that doesn't agree with bb and she gets wind
sad.gif

But like you, I will also feel guilty if I don't BF/give EBM. I feel that I am doing it for my own convenience and not putting her interests first.

Pei,

i'm giving my EBM and like happylittlewoman, i bring 1-2 feed out. a cooler bag's easy to bring along but the troublesome part is to warm it. when warming up not a choice, i will latch her in the car or in the nursing room. haven't really been successful with nursing cover yet!

my fren sug bringing FM out, cos its easier to prepare. still thinking ......

i can understand how u feel abt BF, since u still have supply try to do it at least 6 mths then...i'm telling myself this too...wait till 6 mths see how. sometimes i think FM so easy, dun have to latch and pump...but still i remind myself to hang in.

starting work soon, hope this will be a ez transition, hope i've time to pump and supply can maintain!

<font color="666600">Pei: Xander has the Musical Inchworm. It's a gift from one of our frens. I like the octotunes cos each leg is a different note to play music...</font>

pei, i think u have to make the decision based on your lifestyle. for me, i m currently the main caregiver, i.e. no one to dump bb to! but now that she has begun to sleep longer at night, am thinking of going out after she sleeps for supper w frens, or late night shopping. when i go back to work, i'll be expressing for my mum to feed. But given that my previous attempt at expressing at work failed miserably, i do treasure whatever latching time i have now with her.

more importantly, you should not feel burdened by her.. if FM makes u a happier mum, go ahead!

Back