(2009/01) January 2009 MTBs

gernise:now hb and me have our own flat at quesstown.kekek..at first his dad wan us to buy over..but i prefer new flat la..now our flat earn $ and my Fil say is his idea..faint!I put my name on the gathering first..when time near by then I tel hb see how..kekek

suika:ya..if we still stay there..i also will find lot1 v sian lor.haha

here's a pic of my sumo jia he

2464192.jpg

dazed (dazed)

Your bb so plump plump, so nice.. My gal only plump on chicks 4 mths at that time only 6.45kg

Ladies,
Do your bb's now get very distracted when drinking?

2464243.jpg

my boy now can grab his toy liao...heehee yest measured his height abt 67cm

no on wans the cooking demo?

piyo: thanks! ya.. will monitor these few days. Cos i tried giving him water but he rejected. hopefully my bm is able to help "flush" it out. sigh... m he has not pooed for 3 days, wish the chemical can stimulate his bowels out. : (

just came back from my mum's plc and guess wat, Ashton got another toy - A thomas and friends toy set. I already cant find space to store all these big boxes, now another one. And as usual Ashley has nothing, sigh.Hopefully next time when she grows up she will have more presents. My mum did say she will buy her barbie dolls when she is older lah, hear first. I think my mum is a bit zhong nan qing nu type but luckily I am my dad's favorite child.

Dear mummies,

I'm jan mum too. This tread is so happening, so many gathering since birth till today. The 6th month bash sound interesting, may i join?

weiyao: welcome!!

cherryale: no place to store toys? hiak hiak hiak! leave them with me!!!

pluf: yes... my gal gets distracted when drinking milk... sigh...

piyobaby: she has fever after 5:1 (first dose) and pneumococcal (first dose). she doesnt have fever from hepatitis jab. all vacinnations are done separately.

pluf: no.. she is still far from jia he le. i think she looked plump coz i am still wearing her in her nb shirt :p
and yes she get distracted easily. just now when daddy walks in to see how she is doing, she stopped drinking immediately and just want to play.

cherry: ashton is such a fortunate kid, with so much love from ur family! i m sure next time ashley will have too... from her wardrobe, can see mummy shower lotsa love on her too!!!!

weiyao: welcome and feel free to join us!

Autumn Leaf: Asheley & Leticia exactly the same weight & length! Hahaha... hey, you able to join us on 13 Jun? Come la... hope to meet you le...

emq, i'm fine with either the talk or demo. and i'll put my playmat as backup ok? cos if i'm going by myself then i have problem taking it along. thanks for coordinating.

dazed: Thanks! But if you are not driving or coming alone with bb, better not bring, too much to handle. Worse come to the worst, we just squeeze bb in whatever we have la..

Suika: If you are keen on cooking demo, just put your name down 1st. I think it's weekend, all out, so no one's voting as yet... I'm fine with either, looking at the email's description, think maybe nuitrition talk can learn more... cos after all, me not cooking for bb ma... hahaha... usually my MIL cooks... or sometimes maid helps...

Actually hor... would u gals be interested in both? I dunno whether can ask them if that's possible... hahaha...

weiyao: welcome....lately also got some new mummies here..

dazed: jia he look so cute....feel like pinching his thighs man...keke

cherryale > my gal jus turned botak today also,haha

Emq > he sporty 1,but dun tink he wan to gym that day.txs.
both talks are good,can we request for both?haha

u mentioned swimmn, any babies be swimmn at ur swimmn poool tht day?

fluffy > nah,i din send u email coz cannot access my personal mail
in office.so i posted the blouse that i wanted in the forum.
nevermind,no problem.me ok not to have it.if still in time,den let me noe?txs

bbstarlet: Will check with Nestle on the possibility... but not sure if we really want both.. dun forget the bbies will get bored lol.. 45mins still ok, but 1.5hrs?

As for swimming? Dunno le.. did not survey... must check with the other mummies... I may not let bb swim cos she's taking jab on 11th... will wait a wk or so... but if there are babies swimming, my older 2 will wanna swim lol...

My kids will jump into the pool at any chance one.. there are days during my ML when HB comes home earlier from work, then we go swimming, when my eldest come home from school, she immediately changed & jump in lol... in the end, we had to swim a while with her...

Hihi
I am a mummy of 2 kids and would really like to join you all for the gathering on 13 Jun at West coast. I am fine with either cooking demo or nutrition talk.

My gal is 3mths plus now. She is Jia Xuan.
happy.gif
Her gor gor is 2.5yrs now - mischievous boy but dotes on her mei mei. It's so cute to see them together.

our grp seems to be getting bigger n bigger....heehee

EmQ: did they say how big the grp must b in order for them to give the talks or demo? maybe if we could hv 2 grp then we can hv both?

Nutrition Talk: 1.EmQ, 2.laugh 3. Piyo
Cooking Demo: 1.suika

dazed : omg! i tot my boy is biggest alrdy. as he's weight 7.1kg before 4months old. but jia he is so cute and chubby lor!!!! i wanna hug hug him la! haha.

EMQ: Definately I am hoping and planning to go, just haven't confirmed yet coz' was thinking its still quite far till then...but hoping to meet you, and more mummies from the East which I've never met!

Leticia same size as Ash? Great! At least feel comforted that she is around 'there'! Hahaha! Have you ever looked at Bel or Ben's measurements when they were 4 months?
Ash seems to be around the same size etc as her brother month to month since 2nd month, only around 500g lighter (maybe due to the fact shes a she =p)

Suika: When I wrote to them, I gave an estimated 30 families. They are fine with that. But she did say not to go beyond 35, as it will become too big.

I'm also afraid that any bigger, the room may become too crammed... ops...

Not forgetting that we need space for food!

Or ladies, should we also book the KTV room? But I'm not sure if I can book both... if not, maybe get my neighbour to help me book in her name... hmmm

pinkypiggy.....oh dear...fever too post pnuemococcal jab....crossing my fingers dat mine dun cos I have not brought him for one yet....

babyerm/Pinkypiggy, ladies

Distracted alot does that mean also drop in the intake of milk. I just find that during the weekends with me, she seldom drink,Eg sat morning drinking timings when I am in taka.

930 am drink in car

1pm, force her to drink in taka nursery... distracted dnt want to drink.
2pm drink , 5 mins.
3pm 10 mins
4.30 5 mins
6pm 5 mins
7 pm 10mins , sleep
930 pm 10 mins , sleep doodoland ...

recently I make her drink if i feed on demand but at times she arches her back like dnt want to drink ,scream kekekeker like not hungry, after 2 or 3 tries, she drinks... ah yo dnt koe if she dnt want to drink or gave up, since mummy making her drink she just drink . Ah Yo.. She TBF anyone also having similar prob, maybe thats why at 4 mths she only 6.4 kg.. kekekeke now 4.5 dnt koe how heavy , few more 100 grams i suppose.

autumn

Dnt let distance deter you from going to the 6 bash. I pick you up Mummy.. we go together..

Eastern mummies... Let me know if u need a ride.. 3 mummies..

moonbaby, welcome! Our kids are about the same age. I also have a son at 2+ and my gal is 4.5mths
happy.gif
Do join us for the gathering!

ni, i think i know why ashley is still willing to let me carry her cradle style. Cos that is how I have been latching her since birth,so think she is used to it. I remembered that for Ashton as I stopped latching at 3rd mth when I went back to work, he also didnt like cradle and must carry upright.

pluf: i live by this rule when feeding her :i decide on wat to feed her and she decides on the amt.

i used to face similiar situation like u.
but now i will try to feed her if i think she is hungry and whenever i try to rest her on my lap to prep her for latch on, if she cries and struggles, it means that she is not hungry and tat's fine. if she drinks just for 5 mins and doesnt want anymore tats fine too. (she will cry for more milk within an hr) try to grasp her pattern and u will feel more confident. hee hee she weighs a whopping 7.4kg at 3.5mths! so i tink this method shd be ok.

EMQ: do u need any help with the prep work? do u need me to bring anything for the function room? play mat etc? do lemme noe ok? will be glad to help. if the function room cant squeeze in too many ppl, my place (bungalow) is still open. : )

My bb have his last 6in1 jab today, his weight is 8.16kg and height is 68cm...today he is 5 mths and 6 days...I have giving him paracetamol once reach home, so scare he will be cranky later...

Hope his vol of milk intake not reducing after the jab...

Mint: Jewel on Hunger strike on friday? Her determination is very strong! Hope Jewel takes to the bottle soon, if not, maybe you can ask your maid to spoon feed her. She will scream, but better then going on strike the whole day right?

Pat: I hope the device in the nursing room is not a video camera, else Vivo will get themselves into trouble! Thanks for letting use know, next time I will double check! I take the bumbo almost everywhere I go too! It's really convinient cus we don't have to carry him all the time. It's useful yah!

Cherryale: I latch baby too and I can never carry him craddle style! Whenever he is in that position, he will search for the nipple and gets very angry if he can't find it. Your baby don't search for the nipple when carrying cradle style? I saw some items from gymboree, I'm gona join the spree
happy.gif
Anyway, when do you plan to order GAP/Old Navy? My baby has so much clothes and alot of hands me down. But I can't stop buying.

Pluf & Shann: Me too let my baby decides on how much he wants and when to feed. If my baby doesn't want to drink, I can never force him to open his mouth. Sometimes he drinks very little too. I guess it's OK, cus baby will drink when they're hungry, they will not starve themselves. So don't worry too much yah? As long as they are growing, its alright.

EMQ: Thanks for doing so much work for the gathering. I am fine with both talks
happy.gif
Both seems intersting, I can't decide! Best to have 2 lar..haha

I fed baby his first HT baby cereal this morning. He seems to enjoy it! Licking and sucking the spoon. It's so cute to see them eat with spoon, like the adults. I hope to try some fruit puree next week
happy.gif

FOUND THIS N THOT MIGHT BE USEFUL
happy.gif

Nursing rooms in SG:

http://sgmothers.blogspot.com/2008/03/nursing-rooms-in-singapore-shopping.html

Sunday, 9 March 2008
Nursing Rooms in Singapore Shopping Malls
This is not comprehensive, but at least provide you with a guide.

CENTRAL

BHG (previously Seiyu)
Bugis
Level 3, children’s department

Isetan
Scotts Road
Level 4, children's department

Takashimaya
Level 3, Children’s Department

Other Services:
Children’s toilets at Level 3
Shopping Bag Deposits at Customer Service Centre at Level 2
Free rental of baby prams by depositing of identity card at Customer Service Centre at Level 2

Tangs
Baby Care Room at Level 3, next to washrooms

Centrepoint
Family Rooms on Level 3 and Level 6
Diaper-changing stations at Level 2 Ladies' washroom and Levels 2, 3, & 4 Men's washrooms

City Link Mall
Near Godiva shop

Funan DigitaLife Mall
Baby Rooms on Levels 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5

Other Services:
Urinals for little boys in the Gents and children toilet bowls in the ladies. Both with sinks at kids' height. Facilities can be found in all levels.
Baby strollers at Customer Service Counter on level 1 for loan free of charge

Forum The Shopping Mall
Level 1 (next to Watsons & washrooms)

Great World City
Level 1 and 2

Junction 8
Basement 1, next to washroom

Liang Court
Nursing Room located on Level B1, equipped with a changing station, wash basin and power point in the room

Marina Square
9 family rooms equipped with a baby changing station and a small couch to provide parents with an area to make diaper changes and feed their babies

Paragon
Level 3, near Metro

Plaza Singapura
Nursing room on Level 3 complete with nappy-changing facilities and water supply

Other services:
Free pram service for children below two - no deposit and available from 11am-8pm daily

Raffles City Shopping Centre
Baby's Room located at Level 3 (next to Lift Lobby B)

* Additional comment: Breastfeeding room at max can only sit 2 mothers. The diapers changign section is normally overwhelmed with poo smell. Makes feeding very uncomfortable. Try to avoid especially during weekends.

Other Services:
Baby strollers available for loan at concierge

Robertson Walk
Diaper-changing stations are available at male & female washrooms

Suntec City Mall
Level 3 Family Link (besides Kids Mall)
#02-006 Les Enphant

Other Services:
Free buggy rides provided on Level 3
Loan of prams and strollers at Entertainment Centre Service Desk

Tanglin Mall
Level 3

Tiong Bahru Plaza
Nursing Room at Level 5 equipped with is a changing station, wash basin and power point

Other Services:
Rental of baby strollers, subject to availability
Rental of umbrellas with a fee of $3, refundable upon return within 3 days

United Square
Nursing room at #01-52A (next to carpark lifts)

Valley Point
Diaper-changing station available at Level 1washroom

Velocity @ Novena
Nursery at Level 3

OTHERS

Borders (Wheelock's Place)
near Office Tower entrance

Westin Stamford and Westin Plaza
F&B and Convention Services
Milk storage services available upon request; private room subject to availability

EAST

Isetan
Katong
Level 2, children's department

Isetan
Tampines
Level 2, near the washrooms

Century Square
Nursing Rooms on Levels 2 and 3, each equipped with changing station, a wash basin and power point

Other Services:
Rental of baby strollers, subject to availability

Parkway Parade
Basement: Two nursing rooms located near Hello! Singtel and Gramophone.Level 1: Located near Topshop/Topman and Dorothy Perkins (new fashion precinct)Level 2: Within the ladies washroom, near Jean Yip HubLevel 3: Within the ladies washroom, near Robert Piano

Other Services:
Kiddy cab, stroller or pram available for hire at $3 per hour

Tampines Mall
All levels next to washrooms

Other Services:
Baby strollers available for loan for free at Customer Service Counter on Level 3 (Outside Toys 'R' Us)

WEST

Anchor Point
Diaper-changing stations are available at male & female washrooms

Vivo City
Nursing rooms in restrooms in Lobby A and Lobby G

OTHERS

Ikea (Alexandra)
Nursing room opposite Level 2, opposite the Cafeteria
Diaper-dispensing machines are available in some of the ladies' washrooms

NORTH

Causeway Point
Parents Rooms on every floor (next to the washrooms)
Nursing room on Level 3

North Point
Diaper changing room located on Basement 1 (near washroom)

NORTH-EAST

Compass Point
Nursing Room on Level 4 (near Kopitiam)

Hougang Mall
Nursing Room at Level 5, furnished with a changing station and two nursing stations
Other Services:
Free use of strollers & kiddy cabs, subject to availability
Kids’ Area - Seating area at Level 4 where the kids can doodle with Hougang Mall Fun Book obtainable at the Customer Service Counter at Level 3

Precious bb:ya,my bb also search for the nipple when in cradle style so now i try to carry him upright.

Dazed:sorry for the delay,so busy that i didnt had time to come online.had transfered to you.I am okie to pick up at city hall mrt during weekdays (excluding thursday can?) at 630pm.

Talking about nursing rooms,i was at jurong point few occasions,tried the one at JP1(old JP),the nursing room is open concept - cubicle with no curtain,no door,just a cushion seat and anyone can just walk in,i was bfing when these school gals were 'playing' ard in the nursing room.For the JP2,u can actually see through the holes of the room cos i saw a man sleeping inside when i wanted to bf the other time.so now,i think safest to have a shawl anywhere we go.

Babyern/precious bb,

Kekeke Thanks, I guess I sort of do it this way too think she hungry then feed, maybe she she has been so excited being with mummy over the weekend that she is too excited to drink and mummy over the weekend is always out with her too much distraction.. kekekeke! i guess i kina panic attack kekekeke brain left in the shelf when I find that she seem to go long hours dnt wana drink and when drink drink little I presume when kekekeke I weight my breast,, as in not very soft hahahahahahha

wilting: juvius is a big boy!!! =)

precious bb: you started on cereals le?? you gonna start on purees soon?? but i read that purees should be given after 6 months right??? i hope kyan will like cereals... cant imagine having to fight with him.. will deff will very messy!!!

Sus, thanks for the list. Very useful. Previously, I think janjan shared a smiliar list too.

Juvuis shuai shaui! Grown so much.

Ni: Yup, I tried this morning, cus baby is showing signs of interest. We can start puree between 4-6 months, as long as our baby is ready. I'm reading the book "First Foods", they have Fruit and Vegetable puree recipie for 4-6 months baby. It was quite easy to feed baby, no fight at all, he was sucking and licking the spoon. Maybe cus its mixed with BM, so it taste almost the same as milk, just slightly thicker! Don't worry, Kyan should be able to take it quite easily too. Anyway, no hurry to feed baby semi-solids too. I wana start now cus baby doesn't seem satisfied with milk alone, he doesn't drink much and gets hungry easily.

A picture I took this morning. Jensen's First Cereal Meal.
2465489.jpg

Shann: Playmat would be good. Now we have 3 (emq, blessedmum, shann & dazed-standby).

Venue wise... room is quite big, there are 6 long tables & 36 chairs.... I have an additional 10 chairs & 10 stools (no backing) at home if necc... but I'm thinking we need to 'partition' space for buffet table, playmats for bb to lie, 35 mummies & babies, some daddies & older siblings... plus prams/ strollers? Also thinking abt the need for a baby changing area... I dun have a changing mat, thinking to buy or borrow one, so we can convert the shelf in the room into baby changing area.

Then if possible, to set up a play area for the babies.. (hoping to get my exersaucer & will set up my baby swing)...

Then we need a conducive place for the talk... It's all 1 big room & quite high ceiling. The room was empty the other day when I brought my #2 for a walk, so we went in witih her... then lots of echo cos of the high ceiling... hope it's not too bad that day... thinking how to reduce echo... cos if babies cry, may become mayhem in there...

emq: i sugg, those driving can bring their bumbos, cos most babies dun like to be left lying down.. like mine for example.. haha. i will bring my bumbo, and other small toys to share..

precious bb: i have got the first food book too, just got it yday, haven got time to start reading yet...

Back