(2009/01) January 2009 MTBs

actually sat supposed to be able to discharge, provided me can pee properly as i was on the cathather, but sat morn, was not able to pee much at 11 am when gynea made his round, he press press tummy and said my bladder quite full, so ordered for a scan. later was able to pee but nurse said already paid for it might as well stay for another day. so discharge yesterday morning instead, good thing too cos bb did his hearing test on sunday morn instead of having to come back another time. but later at home we saw blood in his poo, so went back to sgh after discharge to the nursery for dr to see. luckily dr said was prob a cut on the anus due to hard stools. asked to monitor bb. hb made me cry cos he wanted to go KKH A & E instead of going back to SGH nursery. but yesterday was sun mah, if go A & E, sure wait for long time, plus no history, what can drs do? end up luckily SGH dr say prob is cut oni.

today went polyclinic for jaundice test, test result 150, ok, but still need go back on fri cos is above 100... asked dr about the blood in poo, dr just say likely is cut but just monitor for 2-3 days, if continue, then must go A & E liao.

dazed : ya me also! but now abit better liao but im still taking painkiller cos i can't sit properly, must sit sideway. walk must tip toe one.
damn jialat!
my gynae dunno how to cut i think, my hubby say there's no need to tear so much cos bb head alrdy out.
my hubby even commented that his stitching skill sucks that's why got 20 stitches. =x

dazed: u ok??? can pee properly, mus drink more liquid (red date water)... i so thankful dat i can pee as per normal liao... as for ur jaundice, since its still safe level, thats good. suntan ur bb and feed per normal.

sperzz: why cannot BF ah? BF causes jaundice meh?

jia you jasmommy! very fast can see ur bb le!

Precious_bb :I m using ecreative cake.I can only let u know the feedback by sat after my bb full month..I m using both their cake and buffet.hope it will not turn too bad.

ni: the Dr said some substance in my Bm that slow down the metabolism of my BB. So she asked mi to stop n see how is the result.

xpink, yah, now i seat on swim ring lor... walking still ok, oni sitting... must sit on 1 bum...

ni, now pee ok liao, is on sat lah, after take out the cathenther... is poop lor, me just pooped this morn... 4 days after birth... so pain! and i so scared will burst stitich cos me got tear near there mah...

sperzz: did u make any prior appointment to c ur pd or to e polyclinic for ur bb's jaundice? My pd say to suntan my bb for 2 days when i visited her 2 weeks ago.. But till today i still suntan her as her jaundice doesnt seem to recover. How? So can go to polyclinic for checking? How long is e wait?

mint, pretty fast! this morn i went at 9.30 am at bt batok, finished registration, nurse check, lab test and dr review by 11.30 liao... no prior appt needed if first time.

daymoon: im alone with bb at home since last week. Quite stressful as still inexperience. Bb,household chores..btw, i cook simple meals on my own. Dinner usually hb buy takeaways..unless u particular abt confinement food. Me v bo chap lar..

Jasmommy: jia you! Wa..6cm still can surf net..should be cradling ur little one by evening.
happy.gif

dazed: i also hv problems with pooing after doing the stitches cos i can sense stitches ard the anus area, so dun dare to exert force.. so i bought FLEET.. it's a life-saver...

dazed: tats faster than going to c my pd lor..anyway, my gal jaundice reading is above 100 2 weeks ago..should i go c doc on own or wait till 2 weeks later for her hep b jab? So jialet my pd..like her jaundice nothing to worry abt..but yet again..im breastfeeding her

sel, fleet? i went polyclinic just now and the pharmacist recomended lactolus, take orally, me no take yet cos dunno will affect bb a not if bf, though i know is safe cos gynea did prescribe for me when preg...

me also going to policlinic again on fri for the jaundice thing again, cos dr says although quite normal, still above the 100 level, so need to review... think you can go and see lor.

M_int: the wait for the blood test result at polyclinic is abt 5-10mins. Fee total plus consultation is onli $11+. Urs pnli 100+, mine till now still at 215. My PD siad if the jaundice till now still high no pt suntan her liao. Now I no lnger suntan my gal

m_int: the Dr told mi is my gal jaundice still so high they might not give her the Hep B jab yet. Must wait till her lvl drop then jab her.

hehe ya miyuki, long seems like quite difficult hor hehe...

Enjoy holding onto your baby jasmommy!

Suika you dare to see your stitches! Mine so painful i thk i will cringe if i see it!

dazed you might want to try sitz bath for your stitches! For me it helps to soothe the pain!
i can't even sit for long... butt dunnoe why hurts even the muscles aches like run marathon like dat!

sperzz, keep your supply first by pumping out ur milk? then try again when can? if baby hungry and no bottles sure can latch on again? just need patience?

xpink! i walk just like u haha

twws, no, me at jurong west but me dun like go jurong polyclinic, super alot of pple... bt batok less pple and much faster...

dazed: e fleet works wonders! Haha.
happy.gif
imagine i was so constipated tat i used twice during my confinement..now still scared to poo lor..

Sperzz: ur gal's jaundice bec of breastfeeding? I scared mine also..but i partial bf her only. Im a lazy mama..didnt sunbathe her everyday lor

dazed: today they draw 2 tube of bllod for test. The tube is not those for jaundice is much bigger. Somemore is drawn from her hand I see liao so heart pain. Really blaming myself to cause so much pain to her.

daymoon: i tot after the CL leaves...tot of catering tingkat...or else lunch how...still bf need to take lunch ma...

suika: i never take mirror and see down there leh...never tot of that...coz the feeling of the stitches is scary enough...i took about 10 days to recover...but lochia me still have on and off...today is day 27 liao...

dazed: how come must insert pee catheder huh?? i also natural w/o epi but dr never insert pee catheder leh...but then i was forced to pee 6 hrs after delivery..

dazed: congrats to the arrival of your baby! another brave mummy w/o epi.

jasmommy: Jia you! hope to hear from your birth soon!

wondering whos next and how many mummies left for the Jan babies.. : )

dazed: i took the lactose syrup coz 1st few days i got urge to poo but dont dare leh...scared the stitches burst or wat...but after taking it, its better...should be safe...i took already but bb also ok leh no prob

mercsboy, cos me got stitch very near to my pee hole... so to avoid infection, put cathenther for 1 day lor...

sperzz, really ah... poor thing.

cjteng, okies, looking forward to your feedback on ecreative food. Enjoy your baby's first month celebration!

Nova, After the cord drop, I still continue to use the cord spirit to clean my baby's belly button. Baby don't feel any pain there, so don't worry about cleaning that area

Just wondering when do we need to bring baby for vaccines? What vaccines can we take at polyclinics? What vaccines are only available at Paediatrics Clinic? I am so confuse by the so many jabs needed. I feel the Paediatrics doctors at TMC is exp. Wondering if anyone is visiting the Paediatrics outside? Is it much cheaper?

selenal: ic... think i will go without it...

daymoon: nope, his rashes not exactly that bad... the neck rashes going off already...now left the face only...

precious bb: u can check out the prices at GP...same kind of vaccines one...i ever posted the price i had enquired...

dazed: now i can feel your pain lor...its terrible...sit too long also cannot...stand too long also cannot...go pee is so scary now rite..

precious bb: i am gg to bring bb to GP for vaccinations.. PD too far and too ex.. no pt if it's just for jabs or common ailments.. can save $$ too.. economic downturn liao. gotta save save save...

btw, u all were discussing abt bb rashes earlier. My bb dun have rashes but have small pimple like spots n whiteheads. R these pimples or rashes? How to get rid of them?

nova: after the cord drop...i still use the spirit to clean the area, then apply the powder that PD gave at the area...then also at night i rub his tummy with ru yi oil...

Precious_BB: my Pd charge $440 for the 6in1 jab. If u gg for 6in1, u can go at 1.5mth. But polyclinic is 5in1. 1st mth for for the Hep B 2nd jab. The diff is 6in1, 3jab inclusive of Hep B. While 5in1 is also 3jab but no have hep B, so with Hep B total is 5jabs. For polyclinic, Hep B u paid 2 jabs togather for $28 and 5in1 is $87.40/jab. So total is abt $290.20

mercsboy: im not too sure bec it seem to get worse these days.glad it goes off.bec mummy complexion no good scared pass to her.
happy.gif

<font color="aa00aa">jasmommy:</font> jia you!!

<font color="aa00aa">preciousbb:</font> hv to use mirror ley coz gynea gave mi a antiseptic cream to apply on the wound...no see how to apply wor...he keep asking mi to keep quiet wor...dun shout dun scream....mi no lor...mi abit loud oni lah but pain mah coz i not on epi ley......the rest of the girls all on epi...oni mi at that time no hv of coz can oni hear my sound lah.....who natural without epi no make noise 1 wor....oni how loud n soft mah...but anyway it's over liao lah.... heehee

<font color="aa00aa">daymoon:</font> how come u allow ur hb go reservist??? i got mine to defer 2 times....once in dec where i wrote in with gynea's letter to proof wife preg n due soon...den they try to post him again in jan n i wrote in again stating that time i'm on ML he cannot go....heehee

u get ur CL to buy all the food n cut up into pieces n store in containers....so u juz take out n cook urself lor....den get someone to come over awhile to help u wash up the stuffs lor

<font color="aa00aa">sperzz:</font> u pump n store the BM first lah...till she ok liao den feed her BM lor....

<font color="aa00aa">dazed:</font> u drink more water so can pee more...u cannot poo? ur doc no give u med to soften ur stools? Lactolus?? that 1 is safe for us to take....i'm given that too... i read it's safe so no worry...it's good!! i took 2 times a day now...finishing the bottle soon liao....

<font color="aa00aa">ni:</font> BM will cause bb Jaundice...so if lvl no drop we stop BM first for the lvl to drop to safety den continue

<font color="aa00aa">M_int:</font> how come urs so cheap? i went polyclinic too for jaundice check ley but paid abt $15 wor

<font color="aa00aa">nova:</font> nid to apply cream/gel so no choice hv to take mirror see

<font color="aa00aa">mercs:</font> mi 2wks liao ley....still abit pain wor

i settled on bb's 1st mth - cakes frm choz and buffet frm rasel.. one thing down...

mercs,
so can dun go for the 1st mth jab and do everything together at 2nd mth right?? so 2nd mth they gg to be jabbed twice??

Back