(2009/01) January 2009 MTBs

welcome Lim Kim Kee
happy.gif
Dun worry. Slight spotting and cramps normal. Backache very normal. U feel it more if u had back problems before. It's ur hips that are expanding

jo: me also leh...clothes also getting tighter....

i dont dare to drink those brew type (yellow) chrysanthemum tea leh...only drink those dim sum type (white).

Hey, Mercsboy, thanks, your reply is super quick.

The bleeding stops last for now, but my hubby and I are still worried that it will come back one day. Now, he does the housework. Hee Hee, but I am kind of bored at home since I am not working now. Wonder if my baby will be very quiet next time.

mercsboy: u mean got diff types of chrysanthemum? hmmm then i not sure which one leh... dunno are we supposed to put on weight so fast not...

kim: U resigned because pregnant?
happy.gif

kt08, haha...i working and replying ma...too free already..

ya initially when i was spotting, i really guai and rest alot, walk like tortoise, dont drink cold drinks...

maybe u can rent some dvds to watch? can rest at home better leh, hug toilet also more clean

Jo: I quit my job few months ago to try for baby. Too stressful at work, my body goes crazy. After few months, we finally got it!!! Now pregnant, don't think can get a job already. So, can only stay at home and get pocket money from my hubby.

Mercsboy: I watch quite a fair bit of TV, mostly home and health channel on cable TV. Many show on pregnancy and babies. Quite interesting.

Any one here with history of hyperthyroidism, like me? More troublesome, got to see another doc beside gynae to follow up and monitor. More blood test, very xian.

jo: have leh...there are 2 kinds of chrysanthemum...those brew kind and soak kind (dim sum restaurant serves type)...the brew kind i dont dare to drink la, coz i dunno cooling or not...if outside usually i will order ribena...easiest..

my scalp still ok la...its the pimples at the back lo...irritating, last time my back no pimples one...even chicken pox also no at the back. hazeline snow works for me, but heard some ppl sensitive to it la...maybe u can try la..

kim, wow...u can afford to resign and rest at home..so good...so make sure u rest alot ok...dont do house work for now ok...light ones ok la..but not those heavy ones. until u are nt spotting or after 1st trimester.

did gynae prescribe any an tai medicine for u?
i haven get myself interested watching/reading pregnancy/babies stuff la...now i only notice how singapore pregnant woman wears and looks...hehe...i very vain la.

Mercsboy, with only 1 income, we have to really watch our spending. Now with the baby coming, actually we are also worried about finances, but guess we have to wait and see loh.

Yesterday I just vacummed and mopped the floor, then my backpain is so bad. So, I won't do that anymore.

The gyane gave me the hormone tablets. Still eating them.

I went to Kiddy place few days ago. The maternity dress is not pretty. I think those baby doll dress sold by other shops are nicer, and still wearable after delivery. You may want to consider that.

mercsboy: will go buy later... cannot tahan liao

kim: me oso unemployed and collecting pocket money from hubby. are you bored yet? me starting to be liao

kim: maybe u shldn't be doing housework when u having slight bleeding meh... gotta rest ur body.

mercsboy: so the white ones are ok for us? sorry ah very sua ku
happy.gif

kim: aiyo....u still go and mop the floor...beat yr backside...cannot lah, maybe u just "mop" the table instead la. dont do that ok, coz u are spotting. i also no choice, gotto nag hubby to do it for me.

kiddy palace clothes...no no...i dont want. actually some clothes can wear for maternity la. tat day i saw a young pregnant lady wearing so auntie, those dress and flat shoes...i dont want...

jo: buy the small one la, in case u sensitive and hor...dont apply all over leh...test one part 1st...

suika, me 10th week already...bottoms still can wear but hor...sometimes i dont zip all the way or if i wear jeans i dont button...bo bian...still trying to hide my pregnancy ma for another 2 weeks

Jo: I learnt my lesson now. I am off the housework duty, hee hee.

Getting bored actually. This is the 4th month I am unemployed at home. What do you do mostly at home to kill your time? i hardly go out on my own.
You quit your job after getting pregnant?

jo: i nvr drink the yellow kinds of chrysanthemum la, those white kinds i drink, my mum said its ok, but dont drink too much. like barley hor, got 2 kinds also leh...one big one small, dunno which kind suitable..the best dont drink both la..until after 1st trimester...you left not many weeks rite

kt08, ya...u better stop doing chores at home...find something to do...like me hor, i be online, watch disc or playing my psp...so i sleep very well every night, coz used too much brain cells!! hehe..

but i am a FTWM la...then coz maybe i have 2 dogs at home, so i am always busy and not lonely.

kim: yah i quit after i got knocked up.
happy.gif
I read lots now. Watch everything. Sleep lots. Swim. Try to PS :p Hubby always outstation so we have date nights when he's back.
happy.gif

mercsboy: many thanks neh
happy.gif
me now almost 7 weeks. awhile to go.

jo: ya lo...so 5 more weeks to go...erm...i got another 2 weeks then me is 12th week liao...hopefully all things goes well ba....

2nd trimester is the "honeymoon" period ma, so must enjoy man...me going for a short trip in aug...but now the air tix is so expensive!

The longan + red dates drink is nice, sweet and light. U gals should try. Yummy. My mum made it for me last week and i had to warn my hubby not to "fight" with me for it. :p She added wolfberry as well.

Hmm, when do we need to start wearing maternity clothes?

haha... i heard my fren said she got to buy a few rounds of maternity wear coz her tummy just got bigger and bigger, and those that she bought earlier couldn't fit anymore.

Not sure how to make the drink. My mum made it for me. I'll check with her the quantity for each ingredient and let u know. Just bring to boil & add rock sugar. Shd be easy.
happy.gif

hey hey...

just now i was lying down, then i noticed my little tummy beating... i think its baby's heartbeat lor. so cute.... now i'm assured that i'm still preggy. yeah!

suika, tho my tummy is still quite flat, esp after ps, i have stopped wearing my corporate blouse, skirt and pants. i feel tight too. maybe it's psychological. somehow i feel as if i'm tight there, but when i look down, it's still a washboard tummy
happy.gif

gosh.. wonder after birth will still get the wash board tumy or not.

kt08... not more housework for you. now even washing plates also my poor dh do. the only housework i do now is ironing. cos we use the standing steam iron, and dh doesn't know how to manage that.

since we are talking abt drinks, er... can we drink ginger tea?

i think so... paosheng is the one that we add into bird nest right?

I heard ginger tea can help get rid of the wind in the stomach. My gynae did suggest that to me when i complained i had a lot of wind.

hi ladies...

went to see dr. adrian earlier on... saw bb's heartbeat flickering quite fast on the screen. asked dr. adrian which one is bb, den is said is the small white form surrounding the heartbeat... i could hardly make it out.
happy.gif

told dr. adrian although no spotting but i rather crampy tis 2 days. again he said no spotting no problem. need to continue taking the hormone pills. next visit is 2wks later. forgotten to ask dr. adrian on OSCAR test again. for the first time since my 1st visit, i was told to take the urine test.

the cramps took a worse turn after i reached home... been coming on n off. feel abit like bad AF cramps
sad.gif
rather worried nw. hubby told me to see dr. adrian again tomorrow. hope bb is fine.

Hi everyone,

Been missing for the past week because I actually started spotting and bleeding. Retribution must have come back to bite me on the backside because I said I didn't want this baby. Anyway Dr Ho said it was a threatened miscarriage and I was put on progesterone pills and jabs.

Felt like shit after every jab, sooooooooo tired. MS has hit me like a ton of bricks too and I feel horrible all day long. Add to that, I still have to look after and chase after my son. I really cannot imagine what life will be like when school reopens and I have to go back to work.

Well, one day at a time. I'll be going to see Dr Ho later today, probably to monitor my spotting/bleeding. Wish me luck!

yesterday i went for praying nearby Bugis.

While it's almost done, the PIC out of sudden telling mi that my BB shall be a boy lei... Give mi a shock... den i asked how she know. She point at the Goddess and smile...

Wonder would it be true.....

swan: u never know :D

JS: not to worry, you will be fine. like wat jo say, must be positive.

yvonne: did your doc suggest any brand for ginger tea? and paosheng can be drunk alone by itself also. i love it cos it can help to energise. now that i don't drink coffee liao, i really hope can drink paosheng to ti-shen

hi mummies...

congratsto all.. me finally got my no2.. edd 28/1/09 hope to be the early ox and not last mouse..

i suppose what to eat or drink the key word would be moderate.... whatever u wan eat or drink as long as moderate willbe fine.. i also drink plenty of cold drinks due to the water but would try to control not to drink too much ...

so relax and enjoy the moment cause over u cannot find it back... all pregnancy is different feelings and situations..

janjan at least u can still use your bank's internet banking... we can't do anything, have to wait till we get home and often we work long hours, by the time we reach home, just wanna go and sleep.

What's PS?

So cool.. you can see your tummy moving... my hubby sometimes put his hand on my tummy and say he can feel the heartbeat but I'm quite sure he's joking.

yvonne which stretch mark cream did you buy? I'm looking for one too... the pharmacy here recommended this brand called bio-oil (not available in SG) but i did some internet research and the reviews are very mixed... so still not sure if I shld get it.

suika i also have to cook for me and hubby everyday... my hubby can't cook at all so if i dun do it, we have nothing to eat.

We treated ourselves to dinner out last nite and guess what?? Weighed myself this morning and found an additional 2kg!! YIKES!! I hope it's only temporary!!

Kim Try to rest more till the pregnancy stablizes lah... dun worry too much. I'm also not working, haven't been working for 6 months. It is quite boring sometimes. I usually spend a lot of time on the internet, reading, go for walks and take my own sweet time marketing. Also now can experiment with recipes, cooking and baking. TV here is super boring, esp w/out cable, so hardly watch any. It has been quite a big change for me cuz I used to work very long hours. There was a time when I got very depressed from being cooped up at home and feeling that what I do (e.g. housework, etc) has no value but i'm slowly getting used to it. What I dun like abt not working is the loss of financial independence. Not that I was earning a lot before, but it's still my own money and I could indulge myself occassionally... now want to buy anything must ask for money. Hoping to be able to get a part-time job when I return to SG.

js sorry to hear you haven't been well... hope you're better now. Would quitting your job or working fewer hours be an option if you're still unwell later?

bluberi hope things are fine... rest more..

kiddo congrats
happy.gif
how old is your #1?

Hi Lim Kim Kee, Yvonne & Kiddo: Welcome
happy.gif

JS: I share the same sentiments with you abt MS and school reopening soon. MS has hit me pretty bad and it lasts all day long! i really get so sick of it that even plain water makes me puke, feel so giddy can't do anything much...can't eat. sigh. even by just thinking of food makes me puke. and i hate it when nothing comes out, just those sour gastric juice.

Ladies,
wanna update u on my check-up yesterday & sorry i din not log in aft that cos really tired and slept at 9pm. the nurses finally automatically ask me to take urine, weight & blood pressure. saw Dr Khi and she did v-scan again and this time saw the baby really very clear unlike the scan at Dr. Adrian. I guess its the equipment they use. she said based on the scan, i'm 6w 5 days. but based on my LMP, i'm 7w 1 day. i asked her how come we don't base on LMP, and she said those that base on LMP the menses is counted at 28 days cycle and that some ppl ovulate later. but the more accurate way to check EDD is via ultrasound, and ONLY during 12 weeks time. like that only lor. now gotta go back to her in 2 weeks until 12th week, then appt will be once a month.

btw, she told me that those taking hormone pills, i.e. Duphaston, the MS tends to get worse, cos it helps to raise the hormone levels.

I also asked abt the first trimester blood test for HIV, Rubella etc and that will be done at 12 weeks together with OSCAR, so that they can draw blood one shot rather than poke so many times.

anyone has MS throughout the whole day? even if don vomit, but have the nausea feeling and funny taste in the mouth and sensitive to smell? i really dread eating now, cos i will sure vomit. so i try to take fruits and plain porridge only. sian ah....

yo, me also wanna go yoga leh, but in orchard lah...maybe will call up a few places to check it out first. btw, Dr Khi mentioned that the OSCAR test cost $298 before GST at TMC. anyone has different price in TMC or is it fixed?

Haiz, my MS is getting worst. Funny another 2 more weeks shld b honey-moon months but its kepping worst. feeling terrible in the evening n nite. My legs keep very tired very easily, feel like stay in the bed the whole day.

blessedmun, Dr Adrian had asked me to go for the cheaper test and had make a appointment with TMC on the 2/7/08. I think not doing the oscar test. I also 10weeks but nvr draw any blood n urine test yet. I will seeing him on another 2 weeks.

hey sperzz: i havent booked the appt yet.. havent decided which to go for... yes heard from dr adrian its 298 bucks for the oscar test but my friend told me hers was only 200 but also at TMC but under another gynae. have read the forum abt oscar test seems like it tends more twds negative results and causes much agony to couples which turn out to be false alarm after they undertook another test..
but so far most of my friends took the oscar test.. which is more ex too...so still qte undecided..
hey blueberri: u have to rest more ok.. w pray for u everything w be fine
happy.gif

hi samval: any reasons why u switching to dr khi? u were under dr adrian initially isit?

Blessedmum, I also very confuse now, Dr Adrian said that the ultrasound test is almost 85% accurate and as for Oscar is abt90% accurate. I had forgotten did I do the Oscar test during my first preg.

de_luxe: PS = pangsai. haha. you can try. just lie on your back. as u breathe out, you will be able to see some slight little beatings on your tummy.. i try to feel for heartbeat, but feel nothing leh. maybe i'm too thick skinned. cannot feel.
happy.gif

I bought the palmer's but don't know why i don't like it. feel queezy whenever i try to apply to tummy. if u are keen i can pass the tube to you to try out. no need to buy. i want to try clarins'. heard its good. but i supposed will be ex too!

oh ya hor, tmr's daddy's day. aiyah.. we are carrying their own flesh and blood. thats the best gift for daddy liao, i feel. i missed mother's day cos then still don't know pregnant yet. maybe we could do a meal outside tmr.

Samval: i have been on hormone pills for 2 weeks alr. initially i feel dizzy. now i don't feel it anymore.

those who are feeling queasy right now, REST REST REST!!!

mummies... i found some white stuff on my nipples.. wonder wat's that.. anyone here also got white particles on your nipps too?

Back