(2009/01) January 2009 MTBs

hey bluberi: everything will be fine! Saw Doc ysterday and he asked me to quickly decide which test to take ... u have any idea? Btw... he has switched to seeing me every 3 weeks liao...
Dear Mtbs, Anyone opted for oscar test or the cheaper alternative?
Seen baby yesterday again! can make out the shape of her hands/ legs now! and her little heart pumping!! ahhh! Blown away again
happy.gif

blessedmum: how come u so sure its "her" huh...hehe...girls are better hor..

i be taking the oscars test as requested by my hubby...the cheaper alternative is included in the package isnt it??
very miracle leh, sometimes i think so fast the hands/legs can be seen already

de_luxe: thank u for posting the list....hmmmm looks interesting. but boring leh if go alone...i work in raffles place so town areas are fine for me...but weekdays very tiring leh

blessedmum! how many weeks is baby now? wow.. can make out legs and hands ah... woweee... must be very exciting hor?

can't help but i'm still wondering if i am still pregnant or not leh. cos i feel so normal these few days... u know what i mean..

janjan: wah....u gd life leh...9am liao still can lie on bed...what is yr official working hours...me everyday gotto wake up at 6.30am for work.

i love coffee and i still continue drinking my coffee every morning...a habit for so many years hard to kick ya.

janjan: not everyday must vomit la...like me i also think besides my ever growing tummy, i am practical like a normal person. forget that i need to walk slower coz i also not vomitting or giddy or anything...for the past 8 weeks...

only lately when i had oily stuff, i feel like vomitting or smell body odour and things like that...

hi all! mercboy: haha .. i tot usually we would refer baby to 'her' first...
anyway im abt 9 weeks plus... close to 10 weeks liao.. it wasnt v clear yesterday.. but could make out the shape of the hands with fingers.. yeah this period is the crucial period for the development of all the organs..
jan: i do feel that too.. too normal.. esp now that my MS symptoms have lessened considerably.. dun need to hug the bottle of sour plums liao.. but i do like to drink warm water.. so always carry thermo flask around w me.. and i tend to forget im preggie sometimes.. and still run and chase bus at times.. oops
but do find im growing qte fast..qte fat.. anyone on the look out for new clothings liao? and pls if anyone knows more abt the oscar tests and stuff, pls leave a msg here ok? need to know more urgently.. thanks!

blessed mum: ya lor....me also leh, growing quite fast and feel fat lo. haiz, wat to do, i guess in another 2-3 weeks, my usual clothes cant fit in already, now i dont dare to wear baby doll yet coz i realize my tummy is so obvious, 2 pc wear can cover more.

you can scroll up and read previous msgs on oscars, alot of MTBs had explain and go thru the test issue...some opt to do the test, some opt out...

me 10 weeks coming to 11 weeks... these few days MS seem so much better or I dun feel it at all... so was worried that is the bb growing well inside as my next appt is two weeks later...

am I worrying too much?

corrine: me and you same same..me also 10 weeks...i also feel nothing leh...except the growing tummy...no MS nvr mind, other symptoms like hunger? pimples? growing tummy, tiredness? different ppl diff reaction....so not to worry ok...

my next visit also 2 weeks later...after 1st trimester, think the visit to gynae will be once every mth only

mercsboy, i decided to call in sick. haha.. my official timing is 8.30 to 6.15 but usually go in at 9 then leave at 6 on the dot (dot com hehe)

me alr 7 weeks, but still don't see tummy growing leh. so i really wonder if there's still a little life inside or not.

we can still drink coffee even tho we preg? should say so... cos i got a bit of craving for coffee and try not to think cos i thought we've been banned from kopi.

so hungry now. must go find breakfast then shun bian walk into any clinic nearby to take MC. dowan to go gynae, so ex and then cannot claim. at least go to co panel doc then can claim my medical fees
happy.gif
heehee...

wah.. u all so shiok, at work still can go forum. company blocked all our forum and msn access.. even pte email also cannot.

so shiok to be at home now... heehee

my doc also say may or may not need to take test for my case cos i'm borderline case lor. mid 30s.. old aunty liao :p but since he say must wait dunno until how many weeks, so i just wait lor. dowan to think abt the tests yet. sounds very scary..

pimples galore man... last time had pimples infestation was decades ago...

i oso tot cannot have caffine. I stop liao though I have a love affair with coffee...

i have been diligently gg facials the past few months. keeping fingers crossed.. i dowan any breakout ah... waste my effort the past few months...

hi bluberri: u update us yar?
Last night dr adrian drew blood from me, measured blood pressure, took weight, did urine test.. i was qte concerned abt my weight gain... but he said its still ok.. tho i still think i put on qte a bit of weight esp after coming back from korea..
merc: u got married last nov? Me too! Moved from sgbrides forum nov07 to here.. haha! me using a different nick now tho.. hmmm

<font color="0000ff">Jan2009 MTBs!!!</font>

<table border=1><tr><td>#</TD><TD>Nick</TD><TD></TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>BB Gender</TD><TD>Child #</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>Gynae </TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>Kellie</TD><TD></TD><TD>1-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr KT Tan </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>Gek</TD><TD>WAHM</TD><TD>2-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>bluen16</TD><TD></TD><TD>3-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>MtA</TD><TD>Dr Joycelyn Wong </TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>daymoon</TD><TD></TD><TD>6-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>MtA</TD><TD>Dr Wong Mun Tat </TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>Chere</TD><TD></TD><TD>6-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Joycelyn Wong </TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>Precious_bb</TD><TD></TD><TD>6-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Judy Wong </TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>Sperzz</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>8-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth </TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>selenal</TD><TD></TD><TD>9-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang </TD></TR><TR><TD>9</TD><TD>blessedmum</TD><TD></TD><TD>9-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth </TD></TR><TR><TD>10</TD><TD>mercsboy</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>11-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang </TD></TR><TR><TD>11</TD><TD>mimylassy</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>11-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth </TD></TR><TR><TD>12</TD><TD>novakido</TD><TD></TD><TD>12-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>usa</TD><TD>Dr James Johnson </TD></TR><TR><TD>13</TD><TD>peppertutu</TD><TD></TD><TD>13-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>MtA</TD><TD>Dr Gordan Tan </TD></TR><TR><TD>14</TD><TD>nicole</TD><TD></TD><TD>13-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Judy Wong </TD></TR><TR><TD>15</TD><TD>xpink_xuanx</TD><TD></TD><TD>14-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>MtA</TD><TD>Dr. Daniel KK Lee </TD></TR><TR><TD>16</TD><TD>Tanwawas</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>14-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Eunice Chua </TD></TR><TR><TD>17</TD><TD>puppylove</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>14-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Beh </TD></TR><TR><TD>18</TD><TD>Cherryale</TD><TD></TD><TD>15-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>GlenE</TD><TD>Dr KK Chow </TD></TR><TR><TD>19</TD><TD>Stephanie</TD><TD></TD><TD>15-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Eunice Chua </TD></TR><TR><TD>20</TD><TD>swan</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>17-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Michele Lee </TD></TR><TR><TD>21</TD><TD>Met</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>17-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr KT Tan </TD></TR><TR><TD>22</TD><TD>redrain</TD><TD></TD><TD>18-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Caroline Khi </TD></TR><TR><TD>23</TD><TD>yiwen</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>18-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Caroline Khi </TD></TR><TR><TD>24</TD><TD>miffy_ang</TD><TD></TD><TD>18-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>MtA/MtE</TD><TD>Dr Joycelyn Wong </TD></TR><TR><TD>25</TD><TD>Ni</TD><TD></TD><TD>20-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>MtA</TD><TD>Dr. Ho Hon Kwok </TD></TR><TR><TD>26</TD><TD>De_luxe</TD><TD></TD><TD>20-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>27</TD><TD>Rachel</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>20-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr Jeanette Chen </TD></TR><TR><TD>28</TD><TD>Ashley</TD><TD></TD><TD>21-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Eunice Chua </TD></TR><TR><TD>29</TD><TD>suika</TD><TD></TD><TD>23-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>MtA</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth </TD></TR><TR><TD>30</TD><TD>snow</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>26-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr Yap Min Li </TD></TR><TR><TD>31</TD><TD>Pinkie Pirate</TD><TD></TD><TD>26-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>GlenE</TD><TD>Dr Chan Kong Hon </TD></TR><TR><TD>32</TD><TD>Gezzam</TD><TD></TD><TD>26-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>ESH</TD><TD>Dr Heng TL </TD></TR><TR><TD>33</TD><TD>JS</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>28-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>MtA</TD><TD>Dr. Ho Hon Kwok </TD></TR><TR><TD>34</TD><TD>Samval</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>30-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Caroline Khi </TD></TR><TR><TD>35</TD><TD>Stokke</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>30-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>MtE</TD><TD>Dr Kowa Nam Sing </TD></TR><TR><TD>36</TD><TD>janjan16</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>31-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>MtA</TD><TD>Dr SM Chua </TD></TR><TR><TD>37</TD><TD>bLuBeRi</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>31-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth </TD></TR><TR><TD>38</TD><TD>Jo</TD><TD></TD><TD>31-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Sim LN </TD></TR><TR><TD>39</TD><TD>bbmarch07</TD><TD></TD><TD>31-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Cheng </TD></TR><TR><TD>40</TD><TD>conniemummy</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Woo Bit Hua </TD></TR><TR><TD>41</TD><TD>BabyKayden</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>MtA</TD><TD>Dr Lim L.H. </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Hello everybody!
i had a hard time reading through all the postings, there are so much!

went for my gynae appointment on tues and finally confirm my EDD and saw bb's heart beat! now at 8weeks, 1.5cm long.

took my test samples too, oh boy, a total of 2 small tubes and 1 big tube. nearly faint when seeing my blood pouring out into the tubes =S

my gynae did not mention a thing about OSCAR. she went staight to schedule me for Ultrasound screening for down syndrome in 4 weeks time when i reach 12 weeks.

ladies,
can drink coffee, 2 cup per day.

me now having bad MS...so sick u know?? i cant even drink plain water..

shld i ask gynae if they gonna do any blood test?

re: Prenatal yoga
i am a memeber of True yoga @ pacific plaza and for now, my membership will be suspended till my confinement is over. but i will be going for their prenatal yoga when comes to 4mths of pregnancy. it will be great to have frens to join in the fun! do let me know and i can bring you girls in as guest ;)

Samval
did you had any blood test with your #1 and 2?? i had mine with my #1, even my hb need to do blood test the last time to rule out any illness or whatever.

when there are doubts, just ask.

hey rachel, my edd is also 20 jan! baby is also 8 weeks now. we exactly the same!!

and i also have membership at true yoga. have not informed them abt the pregnancy to suspend membership.. how to inform them ah??? membership suspend still can go for yoga classes??

Ni
hey, we can go together wor! you should obtain a letter from your gynae to prove of your pregnancy, the process of suspension they will do it for you. from my personnel in charge, she will give me entry pass to the pre natal classes.

janjan: my gynae said still can drink coffee but coz its contains caffeine, so better dont drink too much. anyway, i drink one cup only in the morning, so by afternoon, should have pee out liao...hehe.

samval: how about some fruit juice or ribena? sometimes i feel plain water too yucky so i will have some "coloured" drink....

Hi All,

I'm back... supposed to be on MC today oso but too much things in office dare not stay home...boss already asking for me liao....haizzz

when i went see my GP on wed and i mentioned that i've been having the dizzy spell n MS very badly and my gynea no take my blood pressure at all. He quickly took my blood pressure and found that it's pretty low and ask me to stay home till mon.....hahaha 1st time having 3 days MC sia...

suika, u be extra careful today leh...if feel giddy, dont move too much ok...sit down and rest...

giddy spells are really bad isnt it...esp when want to vomit..

blessedmum i've been looking at my tummy these days, seem to have a permanent tummy and waist seems less defined.
sad.gif
Still can wear my clothes tho tight fitting ones can see a little bludge... i think i'll wait till have nothing to wear than start buying. I think if buy more nursing clothes, can do double duty... Found a SG maternity wear site yesterday: http://www.momsinmind.com.sg/index.html

Been feeling very thirsty the past few days, is that normal?

corrine you're nearing the end of your 1st trimester liao... normal for MS to subside.. enjoy your food!

janjan ur company like my ex company, also blocked everything... including banks websites so we can't do e-banking during office hrs!! So sick right?

rachel how much does membership at True Yoga cost?

samval i dunno if any community centres have pre-natal yoga, not likely i guess, since it's very niche. Must have reason to go all the way to town lah... it's such a long way to walk to the bus stop and then change to mrt and change again at raffles place... getting to orchard takes more than 1 hour, xian... have car oso no help, parking in town is so expensive.

I coffee lover too... used to must have 1 a day, but since getting preggie, the smell turns me off. Have recently switched to drinking mild tea with a bit of sugar. I find milk makes me feel very bloated.

Yap, 2 cups of coffee a day is the limited. Tho have to bear in mind that other foods/drinks have caffine too e.g. chocolate, coke, red bull, milo and control consumption. If you're really concerned abt caffine, try to avoid kopitiam coffees and drip-brewed coffees cuz they contain more caffine. Espresso-based and instant coffees have lesser caffine. Basically the longer the coffee grounds are in contact with water, the more caffine is extracted. Also, watch out for trans fats in instant coffee w milk... recent research shows trans fats can be passed on to bb

kao_welcome.gif
yvonne

de_luxe
my package is the cheapest of all one haha $80 monthly, unlimited usage at one centre. better package can go up to $200 plus monthly.

rachel that's quite affordable.. worth it if go 1-2 times a week.. how often do u usually go? is there a minimum membership duration?

suika take more food containing iron to help low blood pressure, e.g. red meats and dark green veg. Also dun stand up too quickly if you've been sitting or lying down.

de_luxe
mine is for 2 yrs. usually i went for 2times weekly and each time i go for 2 classes. making the best of the time when i was there lor.

was told yoga can actually increase the rate of being concieve, dont know how true it is though... but it sure helps me in relaxing my body and mind =)

jia luck, now i m eating M&amp;M's, i am a no no person to choc before i got pregnant =S

rachel--> u can bring us in free? will they hard sell us to take up their package or not? i dowan to go through that kinda stress leh. hehe...

actually i don't mind town cos i like to go town, esp orchard. and office is ard tg pagar... so i am a town girl.

janjan
yah, can bring in guest to try out their classes. of coz if you dont like it, no matter how they hard sell oso no use and nowadays hard sell no use liao haha. i personally like it, thats why i signed up after trying out. for sure i will go for their pre natal class after i hit my 4th month =)

Ni
i date you 1st huh, we go together.

ok. then wait till 4 months then i go with you. i have all the while been doing yoga at CC and want to go pure yoga or something. but always scared of being pushed to sign up lor. k.. we go tgr.. onz!!!

deluxe.. ya man. its very sickening. everything also block. i work in a bank, and they block all the other bank's internet banking. so sickening. so die die can only use our bank's internet banking facilities.

rachel, how many guests can u bring in at one time? I am interested too. Heh, work at somerset area, so it will be convenient for me.
happy.gif

jo, yes, this is my first pregnancy... so am rather blur on what to do next. I just bought my stretch mark cream yesterday, haha.

Btw, Rachel, sorry to bother, can you update me into the listing? My details as follows:

EDD: 9 Jan 09
Child 1
Hospital: TMC
Dr: Dr Joycelyn Wong

janjan/yvonne
onz onz! the more the merrier for us, haha so we all can rest and relax together. i will check with the person in charge when the time draws near.

mercsboy: ya yah....tiring too i think... my boss gonna come back soon sia...later would be very busy liao

de_luxe: think i getting fatter n fatter liao...now lay down wana get up oso lazy sia....i now taking red dates with dried longan water at home....so sad even that oso have to cook myself

suika.. at least u getting fatter and fatter.. for me, after PS, my tummy become back to normal. so don't look preggy at all.. this is worrying man...

for those with experience, maybe you could share roughly ard when then tummy will start to show?

suika, red dates with longan good ma? what benefits? just boil and drink huh? at home i also have to cook myself leh...we stay alone...with 2 doggies...

janjan: i read somewhere that during pregnancy, some will lose weight instead of gain weight leh...coz of MS...maybe u like tat..

Hi, I am new to this forum. This will be my first baby, due on 25 Jan (Chinese new year eve). Seeing Dr Joycelyn Wong at TMC. Seem like there are a lot of Jan babies next year
happy.gif

I had slight spotting on and off during week 5, then on week 6, suddently it become more. We went to see the gynae on the same day and luckily, the gynae was able to see the baby (3mm) and the blinking heartbeat through vaginal scanning. We were relieved. Next appointment to see gynae is next week.

Kind of worried, because my nausea seems to be not as serious as last week, and i get this stomach cramp and lower backpain after walking for a while.

Am I worrying too much?

suika: me oso getting fatter... and only at almost 7 weeks. die lah... fat jeans oso tight.

I read somewhere that chrysanthemum tea ( no sugar) good leh

hello kt08, welcome and congrats...

now what most important is dont walk too much, dont carry heavy stuff and rest more...monitor yr spotting, if little bit its normal coz old blood..but if too much remember to call gynae alrite?

stomach cramp i also have on and off, as long as not like menses cramp tat badly, should be alrite.

naturally all mtbs will be worried but at the same time, have to relax and stay happy so that baby will be a happy bb too!!

you take care ya...

Back